[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stuff this big guy ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 25
File: P1010221-988x1024.jpg (309 KB, 988x1024) Image search: [Google]
P1010221-988x1024.jpg
309 KB, 988x1024
Are the beliccosa that much stronger than everything else ?
>>
With Towering Monstrocity and a good deployment these things are neigh unsinkable based on my experiences facing off against one 3 times over the past few months..

They take WAY more effort and resources then their costs and few people have the reliable models to deploy forces capable of stopping them. The side with it simply needs to be smart enough to kill the few heavy threats against it in the first few turns and it will grind other superheavies, and then the enemies armies, to dust over the 5-6 turns its alive.

In the world of OP that is 40k Apoc this guy really stands above the rest.
>>
>>46186252
>this guy really stands above the rest.

Huehuehue
>>
Warlord Titans when
>>
>>46190283
Now anon.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Mars-Alpha-Pattern-Warlord-Titan
>>
>>46192559

Emperor Titans when.
>>
>>46184506
>>46192559
These Knight-based Titan designs are so much better looking than the others.
>>
>>46194644

The old ones would probably look good if FW did them. The Reaver looks okay and the Lucius and Mars Warhound both look awesome.

Also the Knight-based titans all look better than the actual knights from GW. The FW knights do too. GW knights have some weird leg syndrome going on, same as their space marine models.
>>
>>46192559
What the fuck are you children talking about?

The Mars alpha designs are 25 years old and Knights looked completely different back then. The new knight design is inspired by the titans, not the other way around.
>>
>>46184506
I like to go Beliccosa and Macro-Gatling Blaster+reaver laser blasters, The macro is good for dropping void shields off of everything. Primary weapon reroll failed pens so only a snake eyes will stop a shield from going down, then hit them with 7 D shots
>>
I dont think it really matters, in a game where you actually bring one, no one is going to actually be playing to win, and their armament is so hilariously powerful I don't think it particularly matters what you bring
all that said, the bellicosa volcano cannons both look awesome and have a baller ass name so those would be my choice
>>
>>46184506
The Armageddon Pattern is sexier
>>
Most of their guns have range of "across any regular table" to rangr stupid. Like, if you're playing in a 10 table horseshoe, you can celeb shot from across the room. The warlord could theoretically be a basically invincible and SUPER rowdy assault machine, but he miniature itself is top heavy, regular heavy, unless it's will based any time someone shakes the table youre going to hoping to god your $2k investment doesn't nose five, all over the rest of the table. With a base, have fun looking for 12" diameter circles of open space to actually place it.

The volcano cannon has no min range, is a D weapon with machine wrecker and ap1, a huge blast and range stupid. It's the bane of parking lots and is meant for dueling with other super heavies, wittling them down with shots at extreme range and grinding them down. In the fluff, in reality people generally don't set shit up 10 feet away from your army.

The quake cannon does what the volcano cannon does at longer (ha!) range, WITH a minimum range, at AP3 and bigger blast. I think a volcano/quake cannon setup is really cool.

I also really like the macro blaster, 6 str 10 primary weapon blasts is no frills, doesn't take too much real life time or hassle to shoot, and feels strong.

I wanna like the plasma cannon, but it shoots less blasts, at smaller blast radius, "only str 9". The cool thing is ap2 and plasma wave aka fuck yo cover. So it's actually worth it more times than it looks like on paper.

The lascutter is also sweet, but standard melee caveats.

It should be noted that there's a new option to add a mega bolter to the claw! That's 18 Str 6 AP3 shots from this thing twin linked. Yikes. And a dope ass power claw.

The carapace weapons come down to reaver lasers or macro blasters. But only the lasers have models, so yeah. Bring the missiles of you don't wanna seem like "that guy" even though the Phantom drops 8 str D for less points and money, and the reaver drops 8 str D for even less points.
>>
>>46198609
>Playing armageddon
>ever

At best this big chunk of resin will seat by, gathering dusk in display case.
>>
>>46198779

Do you think if GW ever bring Epic back that FW will produce a 6mm scaled down version? I really liked the design of >>46192559.
>>
>>46184506
Has anyone seen a Titanhammer squad go against one of these, or any other titan?
I'd like to see if they can actually do their job
>>
File: Reaver-class_Titan1.jpg (573 KB, 1180x1368) Image search: [Google]
Reaver-class_Titan1.jpg
573 KB, 1180x1368
>>46197288
Yes, obviously, I see exactly what you're talking about. There's no way OP and the Mars Alpha are inspired by the modern Knight designs.
>>
>>46198833
Epic is coming back, and a scaled down warlord is the only model we've seen for it so far
>>
>>46198920
Not even close, they only hit on 6s, cant lock it in close combat, and their str 8 thunderhammers are meaningless on its Armor 15 front.

It just keeps walking.
>>
>>46194644
No, I hate them. They're too Reaver-y.
>>
File: titangame.jpg (159 KB, 1000x496) Image search: [Google]
titangame.jpg
159 KB, 1000x496
>>46186252
Titans are meant to be fought by other titans since those are the only things that can take and give back equal mounts of power.
You're not going to destroy a warlord titan with 2800 points of massed anti-tank, you need a titan.
>>
File: 1401560794637.jpg (240 KB, 910x879) Image search: [Google]
1401560794637.jpg
240 KB, 910x879
>>46194644
I actually prefer the other kind just because it looks different. Now they all like like 'knights but bigger.' There's no variety, and they don't look boxy and clunky and overly armored like most Imperial war machines.
>>
File: size.jpg (55 KB, 800x461) Image search: [Google]
size.jpg
55 KB, 800x461
>>46201944
that's just the pattern differences. Lucius vs. Mars pattern.
>>
>>46201818
>they only hit on 6s
Why is this again?
Also there's no way in hell they'd attack the front. At least the Vortex should do some damage
>>
>>46201995
I know, but there's never going to be a model that I can use for the Lucius pattern outside of Epic. At best I could try and make one myself.
>>
>>46202140
http://www.tsipisgames.com/shop/warbringer-maximus-mkii-no-weapons/

Enjoy hun
>>
>>46202563
I was going to post that.

The head's not quite as nice as the one they used to do, but it's still really nice
>>
File: 1444523473031.jpg (147 KB, 620x880) Image search: [Google]
1444523473031.jpg
147 KB, 620x880
>>46202563
Well fuck.

Does it ship to burgerland?
>>
>>46202627
I actually don't remember the old one, I know you can buy a different head that looks sorta like a gas mask.

>>46202631
No idea, I'm sure you can ask them or check the faq.
>>
>>46202627
>>46202563

It's bootiful

I would consider maybe getting something closer to the Epic armageddon head but yeah that's great.
>>
>>46202631

Q: How long before I receive my Warbringer after I place an order?

A: It takes, on average, 3 weeks (2 to 4 weeks) to build a Warbringer after an order is placed. This time can vary depending on several factors (work load mainly). The model is then packed and shipped, which takes between 1 and 3 weeks depending on the destination. Mainland Europe & UK take the least ammount of time while US and Australia usually take the longest. So if I had to give a hard time schedule I would say it takes about 5 weeks to receive your model once you place your order.

Yes they do
>>
>>46202627
>>46202681
The Colossus Head in their shop might be a straight swap
>>
>>46184506

Could two Phantoms take it down or at least give it a good shot? They do have saves again
>>
File: apocalypse-warlord.jpg (65 KB, 615x600) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse-warlord.jpg
65 KB, 615x600
>>46201944
This. I do agree that the Mars pattern reaver and warhound look better than the Lucius, the Lucius lord of war is just so iconic at this point that even though the beetleback is older, it doesn't do it for me the same way.

I wonder if FW will ever put out a boxy kit for the model to turn it into a Lucius pattern. Those curved plates look like they could be swapped out for alternative boxy ones. The shoulder mounts don't even bother, since there's an old sketch of the Lucius pattern with Mars style shoulder turrets, rather than the built in turbo-lasers.
>>
>>46201903

I'm pretty sure 2800 points of dark fire lances will alpha a warlord
>>
File: 1429757933989.jpg (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1429757933989.jpg
2 MB, 1366x768
>>46202989
I'd love it if they did. If nothing else, that means I could stick them on the back of the model - it's mostly just bare metal back there, and that bothers me.

And the Warhound is pretty sexy, not going to lie. It's a bit boxy, but also has a little grace to it.
>>
>>46203409
>laser sights on a flamer

i mean, sure i guess
>>
>>46203733

Since those flamethrowers can hit out as far as a bolter, some optics are appropriate.
>>
>>46203838
Its not about the range, its more, a flamer is not...a precision weapon
>>
>>46203904
>not knowing those are advanced laser-markers for IG´s artillery
>>
>>46198609
>but the miniature itself is top heavy, regular heavy, unless it's will based any time someone shakes the table youre going to hoping to god your $2k investment doesn't nose dive, all over the rest of the table.
>Actually thinking about buying a GW model for a non-tourney format
Why the fuck would you do this when you can have better quality at a fraction of the cost?
>>
>>46203733
Do notice that the gun has two on each side of the flamers. So it's not to indicate where the shot lands, but the strip of the battlefield you in particular want to see on fire.
>>
>>46204196
tbf (>>46201903) looks pretty awesome.
>>
>>46184506
Probably, never faced one. If I did I would probably just buy a bunch of Vanquisher turrets before the Apoc game and hope that 20 vanquishers firing at it every turn could bring it down. Looking at its weapons though it could probably wipe out ten of those by the end of turn one.
>>
>>46201903
This makes me wish epic was still supported
>>
>>46199726
>Epic is coming back, and a scaled down warlord is the only model we've seen for it so far

The mini warlord is the proof of concept miniature they do of literally every model they ever produced that's not based on the chassis of an existing 40k tank.

Yes, epic is coming back eventually, but we have no proof that that miniature is the exact same one they'll use for the warlord master mold or anything like that.
>>
>>46204369
Epic is still supported, fans are churning out 6mm versions of everything forgeworld makes and the rules are still getting tested and revised regularly.

Epic probably has the best community I've ever been part of out of all the miniature wargames since it's 40k nerdery mixed with enjoying games that don't suck balls and being bros about trading and sharing advice.
>>
>>46204196
Because you like it? Imo the 3rd party stuff looks like shit compared to the FW quality. The detailing on the entry portal, head interior, and super structure really bring it to life. Also, my guess is most people blowing the money on it are doing it as a collector's piece, and aren't trying to buy their way to those precious apoc wins
>>
>>46204473
To bad the Tactical Commander forums fucking suck and trying to get added as a new face is next to impossible.
>>
>>46204473
It might have to stay that way. It was my understanding that whatever Epic/Adeptus Titanicus' spiritual successor was going to be in a different scale (for the cynical, read: whatever would make it more expensive) and that community was pretty butthurt.

Either way any update our reboot is a couple years down the line so good times still ahead.
>>
>>46204803
That's pretty much all hearsay though.
To me, the scale is one of the best things about epic, 6mm makes sense from a gaming standpoint. It lets you have the sort of armies and battlefields that you read about or look at in the 40k artwork.

If you make it 15 or even 10 mm it loses a lot of it's appeal.

I mean, it's not going to compete with 40k in how pretty the miniatures are anyway, so what would be the point of half-assing it? I refuse to believe that even GW would do that just for jewpoints, especially since it would alienate the existing epic fanbase. Epic has the potential to be more than some shitty boxed game remake like dreadfleet.
>>
>>46204796
I joined a year ago and haven't had any problems. Have you tried contacting the webmaster?
>>
>>46204915
Considering I can't even figure out who is the webmaster is let alone get any replies I'd say no.
>This is what happens when you get old on the internet.
Fug.
>>
>>46204796

Are those the dudes I have to suck the dick of to get those awesome custom 6mm FW models?
>>
>>46204882
Yeah, I just love the idea of fielding literal dozens of tanks, hundreds of guardsmen, and titans all at the same time without dedicating $90,000 to the game and and a week to playing a single game.
>>
>>46203904
You're riding in a gigantic machine, that you probably can't properly see out of and be able to always know exactly where your weapons are going to hit.

Laser sights can be really important for ranging purposes, or just knowing exactly which part you might hit. And since there are two on each arm, you can estimate how much of an area you'll cover.
>>
>>46204447
were can I find a pick of this new warlord mini?
>>
File: uwotm80y.jpg (44 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
uwotm80y.jpg
44 KB, 282x341
>>46184506
What kind of optics are supposed to go on those picatinny rails?
>>
>>46206233
A flashlight
Read: twin-linked lasgun
>>
>>46202989
>this is a vulkangeshutz, it shutz Vulkan.
>>
File: 3463111.jpg (278 KB, 1204x760) Image search: [Google]
3463111.jpg
278 KB, 1204x760
>>46205564
This is why I just play Dawn of War with the Ultimate Apocalypse mod. Cheapest way for massively oversized 40k battles.

They even have Emperor Titans these days
>>
>>46211151
I can never get it to work, and at this point I just won't even bother.
>>
>>46211151
Seeing machines that size with DoW's horrendous pathing is giving me a panic attack
>>
>>46205080
Some of them hang out here though, start/post in epic threads until someone asks for your email.
>>
>>46206233
Probably external cooling or additional explosives.
>>
File: Manta.jpg (28 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
Manta.jpg
28 KB, 500x425
It's the only way
>>
File: 800px-FWWarlord[1].png (518 KB, 800x441) Image search: [Google]
800px-FWWarlord[1].png
518 KB, 800x441
>>46184506

Are you asking how to kill it? Well, let's go through the numbers.

To start, it's got 30 hull points. Three zero. these are enclosed in an AV 15/15/14 Super-Heavy Walker platform with six (6) void shields, and in addition, when you actually manage to get through all of that, it gets a 5++ save.

It's immune to melta, haywire, dangerous terrain, any psychic power that's not witchfire, and pretty much any form of assault; it can't be locked in combat, has stomp (with 5" templates), smash, et cetera, and due to its sheer size can only be hit in melee on a 6, or a 5 if you're also a super-heavy or GMC.

Offensively, it has four titan-sized weapons, which can be customized to shit out six (6) large Destroyer blasts, as well as 2 apoc blasts that are D in the middle. It can also aim said blasts anywhere on the board, spreading the D between enemy units as precisely as it likes. Even a toddler could kill this thing's cost in enemy units before it dies.

It's 2750 points base, and costs around $2000 USD.

So, to kill it? You don't. Or you drown it in D, because literally nothing else comes close. Even S10 Ordnance/Primary Weapon attacks have only a 55% chance of damaging it, and that's including the two-dice-pick-the-highest effect. If you can find enough Armourbane, you might also be able to chip it down, but it'll mulch you in the process.

Humorously, it has close to the same cost as ten wraithknights - and would pound them into eladrin dust, without sweating.
>>
File: GD.jpg (93 KB, 1576x874) Image search: [Google]
GD.jpg
93 KB, 1576x874
Are there any descriptions of the Castigator Titan besides that it's head was on top?
>>
>>46216432
You just gave me an idea.

A quick googling tells me that an 18" Pacific rim action figure is about $110. I'm quite certain that if you bought one of those, kitted it out with a few 40k bits/guns, and painted it properly, no one would object to your 'Damocles Gulf forge world titan'.
>>
Titans are so fucking stupid
keep them in epic where they belong. Even then they are goofy as shit.
>>
>>46202989
Zis is my rakten werfer, it werfs raktens
>>
>>46216432
Pearly-white hull, which, like all Dark Age of Technology machines, acted like a liquid and could repair itself as well as generate tools from within.
>>
File: carnival dayooooo~.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
carnival dayooooo~.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>46218210
DAoT titans are nanomachines?
>>
>>46218210
The description of DAoT stuff varies a lot. Some stuff is pretty Imperial in design but less gothic, some is Tau if made by Necrons. I think the novels way more often go the way of post-singularity while in studio fluff it was more advanced Imperial stuff.
>>
>>46218813
>>46218813
I watched that entire series for that one scene.
Not sure if it was worth it because I hate anime.
>>
>>46199681
That model is older than the modern knights and the epic model its based on is twenty years old.
>>
File: DeathsHeadsWarlord.jpg (42 KB, 346x464) Image search: [Google]
DeathsHeadsWarlord.jpg
42 KB, 346x464
>>46199681
>>46194644

Newfags detected. The Knights and all the mars-pattern titans are based on designs that are in some cases close to 30 years old. Pic related is the prototype for the plastic "beetleback" warlord titan from adeptus titanicus, and that game is from the 80s.

The original warlords, reavers warhounds as well as the knights all had the rounded, "giant robot knight" vibe to them. The new stuff is not based on the new knights, they're based on really old designs.

The boxy lucius warlord is NOT the original, it's just the more well known one for newer GW fanboys.
>>
>>46219281
>>
>>46201903
You know what's even more awesome? Games with titans or knights on the board but where you can actually maneuver and that are still balanced.
>>
File: The littlest warlord.jpg (33 KB, 545x353) Image search: [Google]
The littlest warlord.jpg
33 KB, 545x353
>>46205904
http://www.spikeybits.com/2015/11/new-titan-epic-40k-model-hidden-in-plain-sight.html

Pic related, there are more pictures of it on google if you type in new epic 40k warlord

It actually looks pretty cool, I would definitely buy one even if they just sold it as a one-off mini.
>>
>>46218118
I think they're pretty fun in epic as long as both sides have them. It can get a little snowbally if only one player is putting one down.

Some of the most fun games I've had featured 8+ titans on a heavily built up city board where people tried to control crossings and stuff to get good lanes of fire.

Those were with the Netepic rules though, Not Netepic Armageddon, Netepic has more detail and crazier weapons, like harpoons and wrecking balls.
>>
>>46219281
Did you even read >>46199681?

But you can't look at the FW warlord and find some similarities to their knight designs, especially the head. I'm sure the thing dates back to the old warlord, but that doesn't mean they didn't implement some newer things into the overall design.
>>
File: 1429167834594.jpg (279 KB, 595x805) Image search: [Google]
1429167834594.jpg
279 KB, 595x805
>>46184506
10 deepstriking wraithguards
>>
>>46219498
My point was that the new knights and the new warlord are both redesigns based on the old stuff, but saying that the warlord is based on the knight is just weird, they're both based on older designs but obviously made to match since it makes sense.

Is the land raider based on the rhino? No, they're both updates of the older designs made to fit the same newer space marine look.

That one of them came first doesn't mean that it's the basis of the other.

And yeas, I read
>>46199681
I thought he was being sarcastic af.
>>
>>46198833
They will, but i hope that epic comes back as 10mm
>>
>>46219591
I really, really hope it stays at 6.
At 10, a warlord will be dreadknight sized and the maneuvering part of the game which is the whole charm of smaller scales is severely diminished.

10mm is basically the shittiest aspects of both 6 and 15 mm combined (not as detailed minis as 15, not as good mass combat gameplay as 6) And 15 is just not on the table since it's only really suited for games with just tons of infantry, at that scale all vehicles would have infinite range and and the board would feel tiny to move around on. Making terrain that can give cover for superheavies or titans would be such a fucking chore in larger scales too.

Since they already have 28mm versions, I really don't see the point of halfassing the tiny game by making it less tiny.
>>
>>46219412
>>46219591
How would you guys feel if they released a box set like they did with B@C, with its own game inside?

I think it'd be pretty cool if they released like an almost OGRE-like game, with miniatures enough inside to play games of Epic like they did with the recent boxed sets.
>>
>>46219638
I'm still going to be playing with my 6mm miniatures and those are already pretty cheap (6mm versions of forgeworld stuff costs something like 8 bucks for a superheavy tank, 10 SM infantry is 2, a reaver is 30 and a thunderhawk is 15) so I don't really care about the miniatures unless they release something that there are no current miniatures for in 6mm.

The current version of Netepic is so thoroughly tested and balanced that I have absolutely 0 faith in GW releasing anything that's half as good, so there's little appeal for me in them releasing a box like that, except maybe finding more people to introduce to Netepic.
>>
File: knight-warlord.jpg (40 KB, 240x441) Image search: [Google]
knight-warlord.jpg
40 KB, 240x441
>>46219564
>they're both updates of the older designs made to fit the same newer space marine look

Except the Rhino doesn't have a front ramp and a hull mounted storm bolter.
>>
>>46219445
I MUST have one of those for my desk.
>>
>>46219707
I honestly have no idea what point you are trying to make right now.

If you design a new look for a line of products, based on older models, it doesn't mean that the first one you actually produce is the basis of all the ones that come after. The big shoulder pads and the armoured "cowl" for the head are all design elements that are taken from the 80s/90s titans and knights, not from the new knight. The knew knight was just the first model based on the older stuff.
>>
>>46219552
>The niggers
I'm not sure why I found this so funny
>>
>>46219852
If you can't see the similarities on the FW knight and warlord, especially the helmet and the chest plates, I can't explain it any further.

I doubt you can show me how the old Epic knight and warlord were equally similar in looks.
>>
>>46219908
>I doubt you can show me how the old Epic knight and warlord were equally similar in looks.

What are you even on about? The old stuff looked similar to each other, and the new stuff based on the old stuff looks similar to each other. How is this a difficult concept for you to grasp?

You're making it sound like the new knight design is the sole source of the new looks, it's not, it's just the first of the models that use the updated design.

They didn't just make the knight at random, and then steal every detail from it to use for the warlord.

You're basically like someone saying that The Two Towers movie is based on The Fellowship of the Ring movie, rather than that the whole movie trilogy is based on the books.
>>
File: epic-knight-warlord.jpg (21 KB, 147x321) Image search: [Google]
epic-knight-warlord.jpg
21 KB, 147x321
>>46219971
That's not at all what I'm saying.

Epic knight, warhound, reaver and warlord had an overall similar design, but none of them used specific designs of each other. Just like modern 28mm scale warhound, reaver, etc. share a similar design. But the warlord and the FW knight share almost identical style helmet and chest plates. I mean, I'm not taking crazy pills here, it's right there in the picture. The epic scale knight and warlord don't share those traits with one another.
>>
The forgeworld mars alpha helmet looks closer go the GW plastic knight kit helmet than any of the others.

The Mars Beta looks better imo, I wish it wasn't an exclusive. The Lucius pattern head they're coming out with is a lot closer to the classic warlord head.

I'd agree that the knight helmet design was a really bizarre choice, using such an identical reboot design on the feature that has most personality (the head), on top of a deliberate throwback to the late 80s. I'd be interested in hearing about their design process there.

To be fair, the reaver and warhound had a lot less variety and had pretty iconic shapes. Because they couldn't actually produce them, all other titan designs were folded into the "warlord" we know today, from night gaunt to nemesis, and had heads and weapons that range from the current forgeworld kit, too buzz saw heads, giant snapping jaws, battering ram arms with mans inside for boarding, landing pads, mini churches etc. There wasn't really a single design to draw inspiration from.
>>
>>46212550
Just install all the mods directly into your soulstorm folder then go into the game manager
>>
GW pretty much said they're bringing back Epic along with Battlefleet Gothic and Bloodbowl.

GW literally doesn't care anymore and will whip out a new release every week to keep their failing profits stable
>>
>>46212771
They're not that bad, at least they can shoot for half the map to compensate for the pathing.
>>46211151
Only if you play the version before The Hunt Begins, the modder that made the extra Titans for Ultimate Apocalypse seems to have dropped the project.
>>
>>46216581
Brb, buying that 100$ Alien Queen toy to run as a Bio-Titan.
>>
File: gallery_79873_10492_178727[1].jpg (68 KB, 640x313) Image search: [Google]
gallery_79873_10492_178727[1].jpg
68 KB, 640x313
>>46219552

That would hurt him like the DICKENS, but it wouldn't kill him.

You'd average 6-7 hits. Since he's super-heavy and wraithcannons are AP 2, he'll ignore all the penetrating hit effects unless you roll a 6 on the damage table, and invuln save everything except a 6 on the destroyer table. If you haven't thrown some other shit at him first to get rid of his SIX void shields, he'll laugh at you, then send you straight to Descartes (because a 10-wound unit is NOT going to survive a shooting round with this thing).

Alternatively, if you've been clever, you'll get around 1 1/9 rolls of 6 on the D-table, which combined with his invuln and the effects of the other 5 roll possibilities, averages around 14 HP of damage.

And then you die, because, again, he WILL kill you next shooting phase, and if that doesn't work, he'll charge and stomp you into mush. So if you can somehow deep strike TWO full units of wraithguard (I'm curious as to how you think you can deep strike ONE), they don't scatter and die/scatter out of LOS, you roll decently, and he's got no cover/shrouding/support of any kind, you can ALMOST kill him.

And then the three enginseers that have been hiding behind his legs go to work, because no player with half a brain would put something like that on the field without also bringing a method to repair it.
>>
What would you name a Warlord? Such a monster deserves one, certainly.
>>
>>46223076

>HMS Titanicus
>The Emperor's Middle Finger
>Spirit of Descartes
>The Angriest Marine
>Enough Dakka/Choppa (note the correct spelling; written by an Imperial and intented as an insult to orks)

For more fluffy names:
>Attero Dominatus (destroy tyranny)
>Primo Victoria (first victory)
>Heart of Iron
>The Art of War
>Carolus Rex (king charles)

And so on. Really, the name of any Sabaton song will do.
>>
>>46223326
Kinda like Carolus Rex. Good call
>>
>>46223076
I really wanted to call it Dies Irae, but that one's already taken.

The vile hour?
Abjuration of fear?
>>
>>46222625

Wait

Wait

Hol up

Hold up

You saying

You saying three units of WG

Gonn kill a warlord?
>>
>>46219552
>>46219906
Imagine that text box being read by the same dude that narrates the Battlefleet Gothic Armada trailers
>>
File: 1404071843150.png (793 KB, 894x458) Image search: [Google]
1404071843150.png
793 KB, 894x458
>>46222625
You deepstrike them with an allied archon and his warp portal. Also, assuming you want to do this well, I guess you can add a farseer to the pack to guide them. That would produce something like 8.9 hits, so something like one or two 6+1D6 HP lost and six 1D3 HP lost.
That would be between 20 to 30 lost HP.
Sure, the pack isn't going to survive the next turn, but compared to the cost of a warlord, it's very effective.
I guess you could throw a second of such squad to ensure the warlord die, as well.
>>
>>46222625
> (I'm curious as to how you think you can deep strike ONE)

Dark Eldar allies. Take a character with a Webway Portal, lets him and his attached unit Deep Strike with no scatter.
>>
>>46223326
>A Weapon To Surpass Metal Gear
>>
>>46225332

Hell, take 3. Even if they all die in the attempt it's still a massively good trade
>>
>>46205080
can i get a link to their webpage at least? i want to see how their units look.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.