[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning on running a Dragon Age game using the Green
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: DAlogo.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DAlogo.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I'm planning on running a Dragon Age game using the Green Ronin rules (just got that sexy corebook that combines all the playsets) but I'm still debating on when to set it. I've narrowed it down to two choices. Either during the Blessed Age during the Orlesian occupation of Ferelden, letting players be either mercenaries working for the occupiers or supporters of the resistance (or neither or both, I'm aiming for sandbox here). Or, just do run it parallel to the Fifth Blight and let the characters run through the timeline set during the games.

Anyone here ever run the game before? What was your experience? If you were going to run / play in one of those two choices which would you go with?
>>
>>46184370
I haven't, but I think it'd be easier to run it around the time of the games, possibly in countries outside of Ferelden, since you have more details about what the world is like at the time. I know jack all about the Blessed Age, and you'd most likely be building up the world state from scratch. Which could be cool, if you wanted more of a blank slate.
>>
>>46184719
Well about the only thing I 'know' about that age is the Orlesian occupation and I have a rough timeline of how it played out from the Dragon Age wiki and I'd base the tone of it off the dialogue you have with Loghain during the game (basically that the Orlesian nobility were oppressive dicks) and do a sort of Braveheart campaign where the players either help try and crush the resistance and get made rich even as they watch the increasingly depraved and exploitative nature of the occupiers, or help play a role in overthrowing and expelling the Orlesians.
>>
>>46184370
>>46184792
I'd play it. Admittedly, I loved DA:O and anything set in that world would be fantastic.
>>
>>46184370
>during the Blessed Age during the Orlesian occupation of Ferelden
Players might get to see Loghain when he's a hero not a dick?

I'm jealous.
>>
>>46184961
I'd go with this.

Have them either recruited into the Grey Wardens and sent on a bloody path or as soldiers, militia, mercenaries, holy warriors or whatever holding the line and fucking shit up.

I'd play it.
>>
>>46184998
Maybe if the campaign lasts long enough they can end up joining with Loghain during the Fifth Blight because they trust him and the last thing they want is Orlais coming back over the Frostbacks even if it's to 'help'.
>>
How is the system compared to D&D / Pathfinder?
>>
>>46184370
>>46187958
So the Dragon Age RPG rules set is... wierd. On the one hand, it was designed to be much more swingy than D&D 3.x, with a lot less player controls over criticals and the like. On the other hand, it can be quite frustrating, especially when combined with the rather sparse mechanics of the system.

Personally I wouldn't recommend using the system simply because there's so little material for it. DA's setting isn't so vastly different from other generic ones that the mechanics of more solid games wouldn't work as well. D&D 5th edition is very solid, though if you wanted a system that better fits the setting, then Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition fits quite well.
>>
Set it in Tevinter, the only good thing this setting has going for it.
>>
>>46189625
There's nothing I've found the mechanics can't do. What did you find so frustrating?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
>>46184370
>Dragon Age game using the Green Ronin rules
>say, that sounds cool, I wonder what it is?
>google
>'as seen on Tabletop with Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day!'
>...for fuck's sakes

Still, my interest is piqued.
>>
>>46194955
The generic system sans license is called fantasy AGE (Adventure Game Engine). It's a 3d6 with one of the die being a different color that you use for generating stunt points whenever you roll dubs and check'em or measuring degrees of success.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.