[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /tg/ I'm running a M:tG tournament on Thursday with 80%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: ManaScrew.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
ManaScrew.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
Hi /tg/
I'm running a M:tG tournament on Thursday with 80% new players and monocolored Pauper decks
I don't want to lose time and fun over manaflood/screw
Should we use the "Force of Will ressources rule" to avoid that ?

What I call the "FoW ressources rule" is having two decks, one with only lands, the other with the nonlands card
For their first seven cards, they can draw seven cards in any combination of the two pile then, for the other draws in the game, choose to draw in one or the other pile

>inb4 That's not how FoW draws work
>>
>Should we use the "Force of Will ressources rule" to avoid that ?
No. Enjoy your game for what it is or play a different game.

>I don't want to lose time and fun over manaflood/screw
...?
>time
When a player gets flooded or screwed the game is faster.
>fun
Playing against a flooded or screwed player is at least as fun as being mana flooded or screwed is unfun,
The fun is distributed less evenly, but it's (slightly) more fun overall.

Also, while well built decks can still get flooded or screwed, it is less likely.
So it rewards good deck building. Which is a significant skill component. In your tournament. That tests skill.
>>
Only if you distribute some unhinged cards to all the players. I would love to play a unhinged game.
>>
>>46160214
>For their first seven cards, they can draw seven cards in any combination of the two pile then, for the other draws in the game, choose to draw in one or the other pile

Do you want 54 land combo decks with perfect consistency?
Because this is how you get 54 land combo decks with perfect consistency.
>>
>>46160546
>>46160823
The decks they'll use are already prepared
They can bring their own decks but they have to follow the same rule as the prepared ones
>>
>>46160823
If you abuse the house rule the house rule will change only for you.
>>
>>46160546
>Playing against a flooded or screwed player is at least as fun as being mana flooded or screwed is unfun,
>The fun is distributed less evenly, but it's (slightly) more fun overall.
What? If you like just playing goldfish against somebody who can't do anything you can do that alone any time you want. Opponents are there to make the game interesting. Close games are way more fun.
>>
>>46161209
>If you abuse the house rule the house rule will change only for you.
>>
>>46160546
>Playing against a flooded or screwed player is [snip] fun...
Nigga are you high? Kerbstomping somebody is boring as fuck. I want to have an actual challenge when I play, not to just cruise control to a win because my opponent was unlucky.
>>
>>46163788
>If you abuse the house rule the house rule only applies to everyone except for you
>>
>>46163895
Good thing that we will be checking every homemade deck then
>>
If they're new to the game why would you subject them to half baked house rules?

You're teaching them the game wrong when they need everything to be as vanilla as possible. Do you want to take the blame when they try to play with other players with your warped rules as their only frame of reference?
>>
>>46164064
Personally my group of friends knows that our house rule isn't official and wouldn't go in any tournament. We have our casual decks and our tournament decks, both on completely separate tiers.
>>
>>46164329
are you serious?

what the fuck?
>>
>>46160214
Black only
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.