[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General: Roboraptors Editions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: your baby's first drone.jpg (108 KB, 900x613) Image search: [Google]
your baby's first drone.jpg
108 KB, 900x613
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

>Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/

Old Thread: >>46166811

How do you incorporate critters in your games?
>>
>>46197918
I mostly use domesticated Awakened critters in vivariums as the run's McGuffin, or trained Awakened animals like Hell Hounds and Barghests as cheap magical security for places that don't warrant a mage and spirits guarding it 24/7.
>>
>>46197918
... Thanks OP.
I'm not even in a game, and now I want to build a cyber body out of two skull partials, junkyard jaw, centaur body, and two digitigrade leg mods.
>>
>>46197918

Well, in a game awhile back, over the course of time, various members of the team decided they wanted fancy pets to play around with on the side between runs. We ended up with a Bastet and a Bandit that got along famously.

One day, one of our players didn't show up and we had left off in the middle of a run. Rather then have the GM take control of him he suggested something else on a whim. A side game with the pets as the PC's. I ran the Bastet, another player ran the Bandit and we rolled up a friendly neighborhood Stormcrow for the third person and did silly low level runs.

Our first, after having far too much artificial meat and soy byproduct, involved stealing a cargo truck full of real food being transported to some higher end corp grocery store, eating and then making it back home before their owners got back.

We ran the pets game whenever one of us wasn't around. Things got kind of silly over time and they ended up having their own money and secret hideout constructed by contract with regular real food deliveries. At one point they had more money than their owners.
>>
File: 1449784286550.png (474 KB, 526x567) Image search: [Google]
1449784286550.png
474 KB, 526x567
>>46198280
>after having far too much artificial meat and soy byproduct, involved stealing a cargo truck full of real food
running pets is a great idea that i wish i thought of first.
>>
How does imigration works? Do i need some shit like green card to ucas?
>>
>>46198645
As a sinner? It's a pain in the ass, just like it's in real world.
As a runner? All you need is a boat and a fake SIN.
>>
>>46198645
If you already have a (genuine) SIN, you can have it transferred or get a local one assigned with one hell of an administrative hassle.

If you don't have one, good luck, omae...
>>
>>46197918
That's a Rifts robot, isn't it?
>>
Requesting list of shit you can hack in corp building. Like lights and stuff. Btw, do i need to break in host to activate one sprinkle?
>>
>>46198970
>Btw, do i need to break in host to activate one sprinkle?

If you want to remotely activate the sprinkle (read: without connecting to it directly) you will have to either get one mark on the host, or the computer managing the sprinkle. Then you can spoof a command pretending you're the host/computer and order the sprinkle to activate.
>>
>>46198645
I assume it'd be like immigration irl.
>>46198695
>>46198717
Not so different from the real world. Stateless people get fucked up the ass when it comes to borders.
>>
>>46197918

Cybered Guard Dogs with low levels of Muscle Augmentation and Boosted Reflexes are common.

Hellhounds, Cockatrices, etc are common guard animals
>>
>>46198970
A lot of individual stuff like pieces of the security system (cameras, RFID scanners, trip beams, etc.), office drones (not the metahumans, actual machines), and the various other stuff (copiers, printers, fax, terminals, vending machines, and coffee makers) can be hacked if wireless and in line of sight.
>>
>>46198970
>Requesting list of shit you can hack in corp building.
Off the top of my head:
>Lights
>Sprinklers
>Alarms
>Cameras
>Terminals
>Doors
>Windows
>Intercom systems
>Mainframes
>Machinery (if there is a factory floor or somesuch on site)
>Air conditioning
>Water coolers/Coffee makers
>>
>>46197918
A fitting image, I actually statted up a cyber raptor a short while back as an encounter.

========RAPTOR========

Physical Monitor: 12
Stun Monitor: 9

Initiative: 9 + 5 + 9 + 2d6 = 23+2d6
Walk speed: AGI x 2 = 18
Run speed: AGI x 5 = 45
BOD 3
AGI 6 (9 with legs)
STR 3 (6 with legs)
REA 6 (9)
WIL 2
CHA 1
INT 5
LOG 1
ESS 0.2

Exotic Melee Weapon(Hand Razors) 6
Exotic Melee Weapon(Bite) 3
Exotic Melee Weapon(Raptor Claw) 5
Perception 4
Gymnastics 5
Running 6

Ware:
Rating 3 Move By Wire 2.5(Delta)
(+3 REA, +9 INIT, +1d6 init)
Rating 3 Olfactory Booster 0.2
(+3 to scent perception)
Rating 2 CyberEyes 0.3
(Low-Light, Infrared, Enhancement 2, Magnification)
Two Full Legs 1.0(Delta)
(STR +3, AGI +3, HydroJack 3, Optimized for running (+2 limit for running, +1 dice pool))
Digigrade Legs x2 0.25(Delta)
(Running speed multiplier +1)
Raptor Foot x2 0.5(Delta)
(Dam STR+2P, AP -3)
Hand Razors 0.2
(Dam STR+1P, AP -3)
JunkYard Jaw 0.75
(Dam, STR+3P, AP -6)
Killswitch Injector 0.05
Kamikaze Injector 0.05
Total essence cost = 5.8
>>
>>46199168
I was under the impression that animals couldn't be augmented without seriously fucking them up, though that was in 3E.
>>
>>46199487
Depends on how much you augment them, and how much free will you leave them afterwards.
>>
>>46199469
>Exotic Melee Weapon(Hand Razors) 6
>Exotic Melee Weapon(Bite) 3
>Exotic Melee Weapon(Raptor Claw) 5
Just Unarmed for most cyber melee weapons.
>>
Hey /srg/, can you make payments towards your In Debt quality before the end of the month where you have to pay at least the mandatory interest? If so, how does it interact with the interest calculation?

Say I've got In Debt V, so I owe 37,500¥. Can I make a payment of 7,500¥ a week before it's due? Will the interest be 3000¥ instead of 3750¥? Am I required to pay the interest as it accumulates assuming that I've already made a bigger payment earlier in the month?

I want to be proactive if possible but Run Faster doesn't seem to confirm it one way or the other.
>>
>>46199892
Ask your GM.
>>
>>46199892
I would assume interest is calculated at the "start" of the second month.
So say for example, you take a loan of 40,000Y.
During the first month, you pay 10,000Y back, your loan is now 30,000Y.
At the end of the first month, interest is calculated, you now owe 30,000Y + 3,000Y interest.
Similarly to the first month, you pay back 10,000Y, this covers the interest and a bit more, so now you owe 23,000Y. At the end of the second month, interest is calculated and now you owe 23,000Y + 2,300Y
Etc, etc
>>
So one of my PCs recently took roughly 5 physical boxes from a ghoul clawing him up, he also didn't really get immediate medical attention, he mostly just bandaged his wounds (they weren't really in range of a hospital or street doc), I presume this is enough to have him roll the resistance tests for HMHVV Strain III?
>>
>>46200548
yup
wish him good luck
>>
>>46200597
Worst case you can burn an Edge. Bad, but not *that* bad.
>>
>>46200597
I mean, the guy is actually masquerading as someone with a horrible incurable disease, so at the very least getting infected will convince people of that.
Although, participating in an internationally-broadcasted shadowrunning reality TV show while being ghoulified probably won't be the best idea.
>>
>>46200633
Doesn't save from strain 3. You either become a ghoul or die. Shittiest infection ever.
>>
>>46200756
No, you're thinking of Strain I.
Strain I is what makes vampires, nosferatu, banshees, etc, and can only be transmitted via the infection power, that's the "get infected or die" one.
Strain III is what makes ghouls, you do an extended disease resistance check (with 10 intervals) to get 6 hits, if you make them, you don't get ghoulified and you're good. If not, you become a ghoul unless you burn edge. It's the most "mild" version of HMHVV you can encounter.
>>
>>46200790
Weird, I was pretty sure becoming a ghoul is inevitable once you were bitten or scratched. Good to know you can avoid this shit.
>>
>Party going up against an Oni mage who commands legions of rats
>They face off in a cave leading off from some subway tunnels, actually leads to a cavern that has magma (or something that looks like it, anyway)
>Party see the oni, henceforth called Subway Satan standing at the top of a stone bridge over the magma with the person they need to grab chained to a metal cage temple-of-doom style
>Party engages him from the edge of the lava lake as the infiltrator starts to sneak around
>Bullets seem to be going out of their way to avoid him, full auto fire literally cones around the guy, a sniper round stops right in front of his face before he flicks it away, etc
>Subway Satan is shooting jets of napalm from his hands at group members, sustaining agony on others, all while hundreds and hundreds of rats swarm each party member
>Things aren't looking good, basically
>The main party has taken some pretty heavy damage from napalm and agony is hurting their dicepools really bad in combination with the rats (a -2 environmental modifier unless they use suppressing fire to deal with them for a while)
>Subway Satan casts a fireball at two party members, who sacrifice some initiative to dive away
>One gets off with just 1P damage after soak
>The other takes 5, in combination with his previous wounds this is enough to knock him out
>Ends up spending edge to use Dead Man's Switch
>Fires at Subway Satan one last time with his desert strike
>4 hits
>Roll his 17 defense dice
>0.
>Fucking.
>Hits.
>Bullet sails true, hits Subway Satan right between the eyes as a mixture of surprise and confusion show on his face
>Falls of his pedestal, into the lava below
Even if he did one-shot the guy, it was actually a really tense and cool fight for everyone involved.
Quickened deflection/increased reflexes are a hell of a drug.
>>
>>46201034
Nah, Strain I is the only one that pulls that bullshit, and you need to be specifically targeted with the specific infection power to get infected, so basically the DM needs to be actively trying to fuck you over.
Strain II is basically the same as strain III, only a lot harder to make the test, since you need 10 hits over 3 intervals instead of 6 over 10.
>>
File: Krieger Strain.jpg (95 KB, 261x473) Image search: [Google]
Krieger Strain.jpg
95 KB, 261x473
>>46201034
Nah, it's definitely avoidable.

>>46200790
>>46201100

It's a lot harder than that: the wording is weird but it is not an extended test. It's a series of simple BOD + WIL (+ medical gear) tests where you must resist the disease's full power each time, with the remaining unresisted amount being added to the next test.
>>
>>46201100
>fuck you over
More like grant you insane powers.
>>
>>46201283
>Needing to make 6 hits minimum of 10 tests to not get infected
>noway.jpg
>Check the rules
>It's actually true
Holy fucking shit, that's basically impossible, even for a troll in a hospital.
>>
>>46201306
And an outstanding bounty, distrust or open murder attempts from anyone who finds out, not being able to walk in the sun, needing to drain essence from other things to survive...
>>
>>46201371
Yes. I believe it is CGL's way of reconciling the fluff "once infected there's no escape" while leaving a way out for PC's.

And yes, in the case of strain 1, the "way out" is death, but considering the vampire must drain the victim to 0 essence before attempting to infect... Yo dead 'fore it even happens, mah trogga!
>>
>>46201511
Welp, looks like the 3BOD/3WIL sniper/gun sam will be going blind in the near future then.
>>
>>46201552
Nah, as mentioned, he can burn one point of Edge to avoid it entirely.

Of course, if you don't have any Edge remaining...
>>
>>46201694
Just earn 5 karma before the infection runs it's course.
Pretty comical imagining the crazy sick sniper trying to rescue cats out of trees or some such thing
>>
>>46201694
He's got 1 edge, so if he really wants to he can do it.
He hasn't burned any edge all campaign, so really it'd just make his edge rating 0 and his natural max for edge 6 down from 7.
>>
>>46201738
I want aware burning edge also reduced the max.
Anyone got a screencap?
>>
>>46201763

As far as I know, it doesn't reduce your maximum Edge.
>>
>>46201763
It's not in the rules IIRC, but it's a houserule I use to stop PCs from just staying at one edge and cheating death for 5 karma over and over.
It's not that much of a "debuff" but it basically puts a hard cap on your "don't die" cards at 6 (7 for humans) which is still a ton.
>>
>>46201763
>>46201792

Spending edge does not reduce your' maximum. Burning does.
>>
>>46201811
Ah, that's fair. I've only burned edge once and seen others do it maybe twice
>>
>>46201816
Okay does anyone have the pdf around? I'm on my phone else I'd look it up myself haha
>>
>>46201816
We're not talking about max, we're talking about natural maximum.
For example, you've got a guy with 4 edge as a stat, currently he has 2 edge in his pool, and his maximum edge would be 6.
Normally burning just reduces that 4 edge to a 3, leaving the maximum at 6 still.
The houserule I use would reduce that 4 edge to 3 and the maximum to 5, similar to losing magic via essence loss.

>>46201828
Yeah, it's never actually come up, but I tossed it in there just as a preemptive measure.
>>
>>46201860
Yeah that's fair, could also require training time for edge increasing, as opposed to the instant regain of burnt edge
>>
>>46201850
Here's the quote about burning Edge:
"Sometimes it’s not enough just to spend a point of
Edge and hope for the best. Sometimes you need guaranteed
results—or a miracle. In those circumstances,
you can choose to burn a point of Edge, meaning it
is gone and will not be recovered through the normal
means (though in the future you can spend Karma to
move your Edge up again). "
Basically it isn't explicit, but implies that the natural maximum is not affected by burning.
>>
>>46201887
Yeah we were confusing current max edge pool, and maximum edge stat
>>
Is it just me, or do people tend do go all or nothing for Edge?
I only really see Edge values of 1-2 and 6-7, without much room in between.
>>
>>46202004
i usually settle for 5
>>
>>46198735
more or less...
http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/art/Black-Market-Robot-Raptor-325016107

some of his other cyber-stuff looks promising...
>>
>>46202004

Not the case in my group. Our two humans (a decker and a cybered up sniper) both have 5.

As for the elves, our face has 1 (which is way too low), and the mage and infiltrator adept both have 3, IIRC.
>>
>>46200009
This, but if you aren't paying off the karma that goes with it, I'd either shift it over to a new negative quality or have something go wrong in the payment process.
>>
>>46201100
>Strain II is basically the same as strain III, only a lot harder to make the test
And slightly less easy to contract.
>>
>>46198280

Why isn't this done more? This sounds like incredibly good fun.
>>
>>46202004
Meh... D: Human, E: Mundane; 5 Edge.

Has served me really well so far for both a street sam with a bit of face-ing on the side and a rigger.
>>
>>46202487
This is essentially how Edge 5 happens all the time.
Either you're mundane, and have nothing to spend those special points on, or you've gone Magic: C, and you need two of those points for your Adept magic stat.
>>
>>46202004
My friend's game has every character at 0 Edge.
>>
File: animecringe.gif (591 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
animecringe.gif
591 KB, 480x270
>>46202613

How often did they have to die?
>>
>>46202623
They apparently started at 0 Edge. The GM insisted on that for some weird reason.
>>
>>46202613
But Edge starts at 1.
That's actually impossible.
>>
>>46202649

That seems really really dumb.
>>
>>46202649
That sounds retarded.
>>
>>46202650
>>46202768
>>46202777
Yeah, I agree. My friend said something about the GM hating rerolls or something.
>>
>>46202796
He sounds like a faggot.
>>
>>46202004
Our group has 2 guys with edge 2 (the techno and sam/infil) and 2 with edge 3 (the rigger/face and the mage). I know the sam is saving up karma to bump his edge to 3.
>>
File: vomitrainbow.gif (544 KB, 303x357) Image search: [Google]
vomitrainbow.gif
544 KB, 303x357
>>46202796

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>46202796
>Completely invalidating an entire archetype, Mr. Lucky, for people who want to be good at shit but not cyber/magic
Why would you do this?
>>
>>46199361
>in line of sight.
A decker ain't a mage, they don't need line of sight
>>
>>46197918
So, my team's running security for a photo shoot and some fashion show thing, and we just found out that the runway show is a front for some kind of silent auction for a statue an art thief is about to steal.

Given that we're already a team of criminals and we would've done a better job securing the location had we known what we were actually dealing with ahead of time, anyone have any ideas on why our employer would lie to us about something that could so easily get everyone involved (himself included) arrested or killed?
>>
>>46204684
The employer wanted to keep the auction a secret and didn't trust you? That or he trusted you enough to take the thief down with relative ease.

I'unno, mate, other than that, all I can think of is that the GM wants the art heist to be a success and is basing a plotline on it.
>>
>>46197918
Is there a comprehensive list of every dice pool, their action cost & their effect?

I'm pretty new, so I'm forgetting a few of the modifiers & the dice pools.
>>
>>46205095
There are a fuckton of actions, I know there is an action cost table at the end of SR5.
For dicepools, just remember it's [Att]+[Skill]
>>
>>46205095
Although I must say, once you are able to visualize the matrix and understand the difference between MSP, host, icon, it is nowhere near as difficult to comprehend as people make it out to be.

It's not even a vastly different "subsystem" it's simply a slightly more diverse set of equipment limits.
>>
>>46204771
What I meant was that some thief is going to steal a statue, and our Johnson is secretly a fence using the photo shoot as cover to auction off the stolen statue for the thief.

But now that you mention it, a second team stealing the statue during the maybe one hour where it'll be in the building would give our Johnson reason to pin his "fuck-up" on us, sell the thing to a wealthier buyer and not have to give the original thief a cut.
>>
File: 1437207840877.jpg (829 KB, 945x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437207840877.jpg
829 KB, 945x1080
>>46205526
Even without the double dealing, there's no reason for him to tell you about it. You're already going to be there doing security, you already know that thieves are a possibility (stealing fashion and/or models), why should you need to know about the auction? If all goes well they'd handle the exchange quietly, the statue gets taken away by someone at the show, and you were not put at any risk.
>>
File: wat.png (192 KB, 787x426) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
192 KB, 787x426
Ok chummers, got a Catalyst editing question here for you.

If you're running and get shot at, what are the total modifications to both the attacker's and defender's pools?

Does the -2 penalty "to all actions" apply to Defense Tests? So that the +2 cancels it out?

If a defense test isn't an action, then you have +2 and the shooter has -2?

There's so many combinations that all seem kinda reasonable, but the tables and text seem to disagree. (Or the tables just don't include the penalties named in the text).
>>
>>46204684

It's basically "your GM spent time all their freetime playing episodic Hitman's Paris level instead of preparing the campaign": the campaign, with some details recycled from the heists and auctions in the 4e Artifacts campaign series.

Don't overthink it, expect a bunch of making up as it goes along.
>>
>>46206304
I say that -2 to all skill actions, +2 to defense. +4 for melee charging.
>>
>>46206304
iirc they mention it somewhere that yes they cancel out. Might be in the example.
anyone got a page number?
>>
>>46206484
Shadowrun 5e, great system, SHIT core rulebook crunch.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140 KB, 1440x1080
>>46206513
>Great system
>>
>>46206484

Running stuff is on page 162, defense tests start on 188.
>>
File: Confusion.gif (449 KB, 245x183) Image search: [Google]
Confusion.gif
449 KB, 245x183
>>46206513
>Shadowrun 5e, great system, SHIT core rulebook crunch.

How does that even make sense? How can the core rules be shit, but the system be great? Nobody has splatbooks that fantastic No, GURPS, not even you, and certainly the SR5 books aren't the peak of perfection.
>>
>>46206620

I'd describe Shadowrun's problem as "great game, poorly written system."

It's tons of fun to play (when you're ok fudging things), but man are the written rules inconsistent. Playing "by the book" just leaves you in weird spots like this.
>>
>>46206620
think of it like a program. the core program works great, users like it, but it has the weirdest and most specific bugs.
Diablo 3 launch comes to mind actually.
>>
File: Hiragana_NO.png (4 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hiragana_NO.png
4 KB, 500x500
>>46206513
>Shadowrun 5e, great system,

No.

In a great system I would not have been handed the inflexibility of a prioritygen without the convenience of it's speed of use.

Shadowrun 5e is a deeply flawed cyberfantasy game in a market segment starved of recently released competitors.
>>
>>46206620
The crunch isn't that difficult if it's properly portrayed. Often when you're exhorted to refer to a page in the core rulebook, you track the paragraph down and it tells you to refer to another page.

If you give the core a read-through and then look up a good SRD (such as the Hayek Sheets) the game becomes not only playable, but very fun.
>>
>>46206729
Priority generation is inflexible? I disagree with that, you'll find that generating a player with Karma alone is much more time consuming.
>>
>>46206476
Seriously, this.
>>
>>46199892
You're pretty much in Ask Your GM territory there. Given that you're in debt to a bunch of mafiosos, I'd lean towards them being dickholes about it. >>46206778
That's... not what inflexible means.
>>
>>46206850
Sorry, *AND* you'll find that generating a plyaer with Karma alone is much more time consuming
>>
>>46206476
>>46206800

I'll buy that. Does the shooter also have a -2 to hit along with the defender's +2 to defend?

Makes sense, I guess. Someone running who is unaware wouldn't get a defense test, but it's still harder to shoot them.
>>
File: Excited Ray.gif (930 KB, 160x215) Image search: [Google]
Excited Ray.gif
930 KB, 160x215
>>46206739
>Hayek Sheets
Oh, God, these are beautiful.

I've seen the rules summaries in the /srg/ pastebin, but the player aids divided by class, the custom sheets... I'm in colour-coordinated heaven.
>>
>>46206947
Yeah, get a gist of the rules and keep the rulebook around for shopping. That about sums it up.
>>
>>46206947
I just digested the Matrix & Rigger section today, it's easy, but there are so many exceptions to track.
>>
>>46206947
mind linking them? all i can find are posts involving dead dropbox links.
>>
File: Halfmast.gif (479 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
Halfmast.gif
479 KB, 500x267
>>46206947
>>46207118
Sure. Come, join me in the glory.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4982092/Hayek%20Sheets.zip
>>
>>46207179
yer mah favorite.
>>
>>46200640
>worst idea ever.

You misspelled best idea ever there anon.
>>
File: Sexy.gif (881 KB, 245x243) Image search: [Google]
Sexy.gif
881 KB, 245x243
>>46207274
>>
>>46204041
DnD fags believe that loosing everything because of single unlucky roll is manly.
>>
File: Hugh Fenriss 1.jpg (541 KB, 1964x1181) Image search: [Google]
Hugh Fenriss 1.jpg
541 KB, 1964x1181
How much of Detroit does Ares own? How much of Michigan/lower Ontario?

Is there any mega who outright owns an entire city (even Aztechnology shares their ground with Aztlan, at least on paper)?
>>
>>46207745
San Francisco was sort of a corporate city when it was under the Japanese protectorate. Renraku more or less had supreme control, economically, socially, and militarily, over the place.
>>
>>46207745
>How much of Detroit does Ares own?

Almost all of the Detroit metro, I think. At some point, there's a note mentioning that Auburn Hills or something is the barrens of the Detroit metroplex, (which I take as evidence that no one working on Shadowrun has ever even been to Michigan. Auburn Hills is one of the most whitebread towns in the Detroit metro) so I guess Ares doesn't own that.

>How much of Michigan/lower Ontario?
They've got Flint, at least. Every old company and factory town in Michigan is probably owned by them.
>>
Does anyone know where I can look up the spell set for a blood mage? Currently GM'ing a run and at the end of the arc the runners will go up against a blood mage and a few other nasties.
>>
>>46197918
so do you want crazy drones, huh?
http://crazyasian1.deviantart.com/
>>
File: mask 003.jpg (83 KB, 609x809) Image search: [Google]
mask 003.jpg
83 KB, 609x809
What does your custom ballistic mask look like /srg/? What gadgets do you keep in it?

Pic related, I drew mine just now.
>>
File: catgirldespondent.gif (800 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
catgirldespondent.gif
800 KB, 500x250
>>46208341

My character doesn't have one.

>tfw Resources E

Also, nice job making Sleeping Tiger look like the fashion disaster it truly is.
>>
>>46208202
Street Grimoire (5e)/Street Magic (4e)
>>
>>46208572

Thanks, looks like I'll be buying that book soon.
>>
>>46208713
What you are really going to be looking at for blood magic is metamagics and rituals as, unlike with toxics, there are not any spells specifically for blood mages.
>>
The GM in our game is insisting that in a proper "black trenchcoat" campaign the street samurai is almost entirely using Bioware instead of Cyberware because cyberware is easy to detect and bioware is effectively undetectable under all but the most invasive scrutiny. Is that true?
>>
File: thug_by_sirhanselot-d7w6du5.jpg (225 KB, 531x693) Image search: [Google]
thug_by_sirhanselot-d7w6du5.jpg
225 KB, 531x693
>>46208341
It was a custom gasmask (attached to Guts inhalers rather than air), is that close enough?
>>
>>46208800
hes right but i would say it would mostly come down to how hard hes going to go with 'ware detectors. so going off what you said i could assume hes gonna go real hard.
>>
>>46208800
On the other hand, cyberwear isn't illegal and is quite common.
>>
>>46208800
Cyberware is illegal right until someone needs someone else dead. Maybe it's frowned upon, but if you're quiet and live in an area where no one will give a shit (and know the right people), you'll be fine.
>>
>>46208465
I know that feeling. My last character was an adept with resources E, had to dump the max amount of karma into starting nuyen just to be able to buy a fake SIN in addition to a cheap suit and a pistol.

Also
>Implying the Sleeping Tiger doesn't look totally schway

>>46208815
Sure, sounds like a fun character too.
>>
Newbie here, do you need a fake license for EVERY restricted item? Or every restricted item TYPE?

Please tell me it's the latter.
>>
Dear lord Yekka, you really need to clean up the chummer5 codebase. I hate this stupid shortcut of using indentation in place of curly braces, it's so confusing and ambiguous.
>>
>>46208800
It's easy to detect that something is there, but what is that something? If you have the proper license for that cyberarm, it's fine. Hiding guns or swords can raise more then eyebrows when visiting a max-security location (a big archology or a maximum security site), but if your GM is swearing by full-on max quality detectors everywhere, ask whether they hire based on what's best for their bottom line rather then what gives them the best security ignoring cost. They might be pumping challenge to high 'because it's how a smart person would do it.' Businesses are rarely intelligent as an entity. They're large things that often don't know what the other hand is doing.
>>
>>46209199
>this stupid shortcut of using indentation in place of curly braces
What?
Also, you should read ImprovementManager and realize that most of the chummer code is pretty ok.
>>
>>46209092
Depends on your GM.

I, for instance, say that a Bounty Hunter's license lets you legally own and carry small guns (Heavy pistol and down) as well as tie up people without the cops getting twitchy.
>>
>>46209375
Maybe it's visual studio being retarded, but I really hate if statements that rely on indents instead of curly braces to work. Y'know, like

if (true)
......statement

versus

if (true) {
......statement
}

It can get a little awkward at times. What is this, python?
>>
How much would you say eating for free at a street vendor for life is worth?

I am considering offering runners some hood justice runs, and their employers won't have a lot of actual money.
>>
>>46209427
...and is there a reliable method to get things like method of character build (Street Level, Prime Runner) without resorting to testing a hardcoded karma value?
>>
>>46209462
Is this for your life or the vendor's life?
>>
>>46209427
The idea is that you should indent anyway, so why bother with brackets?
It might feel awkward at first but you get used to it pretty quick.
>>
>>46209601
your life.
I think if the vendor dies, it is assumed it cannot give you any more free food.
>>
>>46208800
Remind him to also have spirit overwatch everywhere. And crazy rating on hosts.
Seriously, though, unless you're infiltrator pretending to be Joe The Janitor (and not just generic janitor from 3rd party cleaning company) having legal 'ware doesn't change everything. And even illegal is fine as long as you can bullshit it to be similar legal stuff.
And if your DM insist that stupid scanner can distinguish MbR from WR or False Face from simple bone replacement without any additional study by cyberware specialist or at least appropriate roll by security guy... Well, he is bad and should feel bad.
>>
>>46209427
Thou shall incorporate as much Python in their life as possible.
>>
>>46209602
I guess it's really personal preference. Personally I can't stand indentation as parsing, it seems mad to me that you would ever consider using formatting as syntax in a compiled language. But hey, if that's the convention the source follows then I'll use it.
>>
>>46209602
Porque no los dos?
>>
>>46209880
Strictly speaking you don't need to indent anything or even make line breaks. "if (something) do_something();" is perfectly valid statement specifically designed to avoid brace hell when possible.
>>
>>46209427
Yeah, pretty much anything that doesn't have brackets isn't my code. I'm tempted to let ReSharper just go through the whole code base and change it all for the sake of consistency, but as is I change shit to bracketed design standards as I find it. At some point I'm going to lay down the law as far as a style guide goes, but since it's mostly just me and the other guy at present it hasn't been super relevant.
>>
Hey. Can a gas mask or a respirator be attached to a helmet as a mod? Or do you just get chem protection?
>>
>>46210199
Thanks lad. Can I suggest using constants/enums instead of relying on hardcoded values?
e.g. Line 1449 of clsCharacter.cs should ideally be checking something like
Character.CharacterType == CHARACTER_TYPE_PRIME_RUNNER

(example values provided)
It would make extensibility much easier for sure.

Also, what I mentioned the other day about prime runner karma not being loaded from the xml seems to be a bug and I can't pin it down. I'll make a bug report with further details, because I can't figure it out myself.
>>
>>46209490
objCharacter.GameplayOption gives you the name.
objCharacter.MaxKarma gives you the maximum karma value permitted for qualities.
objCharacter.MaxNuyen gives you the maximum amount of dosh. Should all be exposed to the print methods.
>>46210510
That line's an old patch for before Chummer started storing objcharacter.gameplayoption. Adam's code has a few fun quirks like that.
>>
Since we hijacked thread into programming discussion anyway... Yekka, you once mention you'd prefer to replace xslt charsheets for something else. What would you choose if you made chummer from scratch? I ask for my little hobby project a friend.
>>
>>46210303
Yes. See R&G armour section for more info.
>>
>>46210801
Hrm. Honestly I don't know what I'd replace it with if I had to; the XSLTs do the job fine, I just have minimal knowledge of how to make them work well, so they skeeve me out a bit when I'm forced to work on them. The nice thing about the generated HTML is that it's as cross-platform as you can get. If i was forced to delete all the sheets and start from scratch, I'd absolutely LOVE to implement the drag-and-drop interface from this sheet. https://www.hades-blumenservice.de/charactersheet
>>
>>46211352
Well, I have nothing against html, but there are various frameworks to generate it.
I am actually working on drag-n-drop variant of fancy blocks currently. And migrating from microsoft default xslt transformer to Saxon, because it supports xslt 2.0 with all those nice functions.I hope wine users won't have problems because of it.
>>
File: Corvideo.png (283 KB, 900x809) Image search: [Google]
Corvideo.png
283 KB, 900x809
>>46208311
>EMS Vulture

Can't help but think that's a conflicting image
>>
>>46209082
>Sure, sounds like a fun character too.
Recovering addict, at this point, but she still kicks ass. Uses a mix of Firefight with dual pistols, and an almost unfeasibly large cleaver.
>>
File: sr5 market panic 50.png (646 KB, 740x509) Image search: [Google]
sr5 market panic 50.png
646 KB, 740x509
"Page 9 is off-limits, move away."
>>
Hey, /srg/.

Does anybody here have a real preference on combat classes? Something that just seems to work well for you?

For me, it really seems that Long Arms/Grenades is just too good as a combo. Fire until your Recoil is maxed out, then stick to cover and toss out a flash or frag. It's fun to use either shotguns or the EBRs for CQB, then if you need to assassinate or provide supporting fire a with an actual sniper rifle.

What's yours?
>>
>>46215344
I like focus on one thing and make it work while not minmaxing and adding some quirks.
For example, an ex-pit fighter slave punchy bioware sam who just wants to settle down and run a bakery, an adept who only uses baseball bats/baseballs and wears NYC Yankees uniforms, an old gunslinger who handloads his ammo and only has one arm.
>>
>>46215344
Automatics. When in doubt, go for Automatics. It covers so many weapons and options it's a no-brainer default pick.
>>
>>46215344

Depends on what I want.

Maxing strength? Throwing weapons.

Maxing agility? Automatics.
>>
>>46215344

I'm with >>46217118. Automatics are really just good bread and butter weapons.

Decent range, suppressing fire, solid damage from AR's, full auto to hit dodge tanks, cheapo SMG options, relatively concealable options from machine pistols.

It's also one of the most common things that corpsec will be armed with (aside from maybe a taser?), so in the event you need to grab a gun off a guard, you'll probably be able to shoot it.

It covers basically everything you'd need in one skill, which can give you room to pick up a melee skill or something else.

I do agree that Longarms are nice, since sniper rifles are damage kings and shotguns can be nice, but with access to pistols, I gotta give the versatility award to Automatics.
>>
So in a surprising twist, someone managed to get hold of Tim Hardy. He hath decreed that Wakshaani's stealth-patch for skillwires was a typo.

>>Q) The “Wires” table at the top of pg. 78 of Chrome Flesh lists several items that are also listed in the core rulebook, but several of the values are different. For example, the cost of skilljacks was halved, the availability of skillwires was reduced, and their essence cost was increased, and the availability of skillsofts is now a formula based on rating, instead of a fixed value.
>>A) For the Chrome Flesh question, ignore the skillwire and skilljack data there. The SR5 data should remain as is.
>>
File: 1444866339677.png (323 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1444866339677.png
323 KB, 600x400
>My character lives in a shitty touristville apartment with his cousin
>Crimson Crush regularly harass us for protection money
>Gang violence, drugs abound
>Cousin wants us to move somewhere nicer as soon as we can afford it
>Mostly get by paycheck to paycheck
>Team gets 50,000¥ each for surviving a high-threat run, creating a diversion at NeoNET's regional headquarters to keep security focused in one direction while a Prime Runner team infiltrates the building
>It's the biggest payout any of us have ever seen in our lives
>It's enough money to move my cousin and I out of the Barrens and live comfortably for months
>Spend it on a Pain Editor
>She finds out
>She's absolutely furious with me

Okay, on one hand I totally deserve this, but on the other hand?

Fuck yeah, pain editor acquired.
>>
>>46217979

Interesting. How does that affect their viability?

They're really hard to use either way, right?
>>
>>46218049
With Move-by-Wire and cheap Skilljack it is usable. In long run it let you pick up tons of secondary skills. With old price it takes way too much money at chargen to be viable. Skillwires alone is shit.
>>
File: 1458051096732.jpg (381 KB, 1280x621) Image search: [Google]
1458051096732.jpg
381 KB, 1280x621
>>46218039
Family before 'ware chummer, jeeze. You dun goofed.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-15+at+10.20.06).jpg (12 KB, 197x231) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-15+at+10.20.06).jpg
12 KB, 197x231
>>46218294
>yfw she finds out you spent 50k on a pain editor when the two of you live in a touristville apartment
>>
Is it sane to buy things with my run money that might make me a bit of passive long term income?
Is that something allowable in the books? I don't really see it anywhere.
>>
>>46218294
i love how each of their faces could be "not again!"
>>
>>46218366
Buy a house with a work station that's a store. Spend downtime buying and selling. I think run faster talks about this.

Also do the same as above and either get some skill in chemistry or hire a cook and start producing designer drugs. Rake in money.
>>
Hello again, chummers. It's nerdrage decker who is being bullied by Trollminator. Just like in 'Hackers' movie, i made a fake gay-dating profile. Need more ideas. I wanted to make a billboard of troll near our meet-up place, but GM said there is no near (It's in Queens, Manhattan).
>>
>>46218039
You blew it, Damage compensaters would have been a much better choice.
>>
>>46219316
>Damage compensaters would have been a much better choice.

Ya dun goofed, chummer.
>>
Cutest drones, chummers?
>>
What kind of spells would you give a giant worm?
>>
>>46219192
some prank idea's:
subscribe Trollminator to every humanis publication you can find and use his home address (if applicable). also, send pizza's.
nanotattoos can look like anything and are not permanent - they also fit in capsule rounds so you can shoot tattoo's onto someone.
get a mage to cast two force 0 spells on the Trollminator; stink and remove (sense). he'll smell horrible and not believe anyone when they tell him.
a rigger can broadcast Trollminator's life 24/7 with some drones - could be funny or impossible, depending on Trollminator's lifestyle. instead of using a billboard to broadcast something like you suggested, use a drone blimp with chromatic skin or a skywriting drone for some fun messages.
>>
>>46219509
Pain editor is a bit trash. All it does is ignore the pain from stun and add +1 Willpower with -1 Intuition. Damage compensaters ignore pain from stun and physical, for a higher price.
>>
>>46219522
shape material (ice, stone, sand, lava, ect) for a start
is this a tremor's-style worm or an earthworm or?
>>
>>46219538
Last check, compensaters allow you to not fall unconscious when your stun track is full.
>>
>>46219541
Tremor's so far I have it based on feather serpent in terms of stats. So far I was thinking of alter temperature but shape material looks nice
>>
>>46219601
a semi-intelligent BBEG worm, eh?
-acid-type combat spells for killing and eating
-shape (material) for movement and utility

active all the time:
-broadcast (sending a 1-way message of i will eat you)
-pulse
-interference
-increase noise
-gecko crawl
-(element) aura
-area thought recognition
>>
>>46219538
All it does is ignoring stun completely and let you stay conscious until you die.
While the only plus side of compensators is they allow to also ignore physical damage and cheaper price. Which don't get often if you have decent armor. And it costs more essence. And crazy availability rating.
>>
>>46219710
Damn, I need to sleep, I talk like an idiot.
>>
>>46219721
I was just going to ask, did you just wake up or something?

I get what you're saying though anon. Maybe I'm just weird and don't have enough metal plates strapped to my body to always turn damage to stun.
>>
>>46219679
I like the look of this thanks
>>
>>46219710
The Pain Editor lets you ignore ALL damage, from both stun and physical. And it lets you stay conscious after your stun track is filled. Basically, it lets you function at 100% until you drop dead from physical overflow.
>>
>>46219745
They apparently changed it in 5th edition then, because previous to that, it only affected stun damage.
>>
>>46219524
Thanks for the ideas. Passed them to GM. He said it's ok and he approves. He lives in low lifestyle. He is local Biker, has tons of cyberware. Hates mexicans.
>>
>The party all agreed to not tell each other which qualities they took.
>For a while, the only surprises were the wheelman/face's Sensitive System, infiltrator's Amnesia and the fact that the hacker is Erased.
>One day, hacker's doing a routine diagnostic sweep of everyone's cyberware to make sure no weird malware ended up on it.
>Something's up with the infiltrator.
>There's some strange data activity centered around her head.
>Hacker starts analyzing and scanning.
>Finds a datalock in infiltrator's head.
>Try and access it.
>It's connected to the bomb that's also in infiltrator's head.
>We're already in our street doc's black clinic. Standard practice. If you're going to do diagnostics on someone's cyberware, do it where there's a medical professional who can handle it if anything goes wrong.
>A bunch of panicking and arm-flailing from everyone later, bomb is disarmed, disconnected and has its wireless capabilities disabled and removed just in case. (surgery to remove it is out of our price range right now).
>Infiltrator thinks that this is a really great time to tell us that she took the Cranial Bomb and Mysterious Implant qualities in addition to her amnesia.
>She doesn't know who she is, has a data vault in her head full of information on someone who isn't her and who doesn't officially exist, and someone was guarding that information with an explosive device.

On one hand, I feel like I should be a little miffed that she took so many qualities that could've screwed us over. On the other, the whole Jason Bourne + Johnny Mnemonic thing is kind of impressive.
>>
>>46219519
Eyebots covered in rhinestones and streamers. No one suspects the 12-year-old's toy.
>>
>>46219538
The good thing about a pain editor is that if you have enough armour, it's fucking god tier because the enemy will need to do [Physical Track] * 2 + [Stun Track] to actually kill you, because if you've got enough armour, everything is stun and stun damage converts to physical at a 2:1 ratio once you fill the stun track.
>>
>>46219538
>>46219710

Also, pain editor lets you ignore "all injury modifiers" not simply those from stun damage.
>>
>>46220799
Yeah, that's pretty hot. Again, maybe I'm just some kind of loser that doesn't have enough ceramic-plating layered on to make everything stun.

>>46220819
Again, I was going off of 4th edition. I'm glad to hear it's better in 5th.
>>
>>46220838
Ah, okay, yeah, I've never played 5th and I didn't notice the other response before I made my post.
But yeah, not having enough armour can diminish the utility of the PE quite a bit.

One of the fun things I did was give a pain editor to a troll bounty hunter who is going after the party.
He's got 6 cyberlimbs, 13 base physical track, and 11 in his stun track. All of his limbs have the max armour they can fit on them, and he wears a relatively armoured jacket, for a total of about 43 or so soak (33 of which is from armour). I slapped on a pain editor, and so now if the party wants to "brute force" him per se they need to deal 11+19+19 damage to him against a soak roll of 43.
He's actually managed to completely soak 7 net hit shots from an Ares Desert Strike before, it's the first time I've actually got my party to go "Oh fuck we need to run as fast as we can guys."
I call him Termie.
>>
>>46220894
er, never played 4th.
I need my coffee.
>>
>>46208341
"Yeah man, try not to get shot next time. I'm a doctor, but I'm not a miracle worker."
>>
>>46220799
[stun track] + 2*[physical track] + 2*BOD. You can go into physical overflow without any immediate conaequences with a pain editor acrive. Just make sure to keep a Trauma Patch at hand for when the fight is over to stop the bleeding.
>>
File: Kamen_rider_eurodata.png (562 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
Kamen_rider_eurodata.png
562 KB, 512x768
>>46208341
The only true choice for a motorcycle driving champion of JUSTICE.
>>
>>46220277
>The party all agreed to not tell each other which qualities they took
i got what i was hoping for as soon as i read this; well done to the Infiltrator.
>>
>>46220894
He just need to use barret m122 and bulls eye shot.
14 damage + net hits, -16 AP versus 43-16=27 ~= 9 hits... at least 6 damage per shot... so, you team managed to hold him for about 8 shots, he can be technically bruteforced.

Oh, also acid damage to reduce effective armor value and cold damage have a chance to break armor completely. If you get lucky, sniper may even had a chance to inflict physical damage.

No, I deny any possibility to solve this problem without good rifle.
>>
>>46221250
Oh hey, true.
I wonder what crazy plan my players are going to have to deal with >>46220894 considering brute forcing totally isn't an option.
>>
>>46221302
I fear I may have made him a bit too intimidating, the party has literally only encountered him once so far and they are constantly checking their backs for him at every turn and any time I mention "a figure larger than the rest" or "a troll" they instantly panic before I say "No, it's not the trollminator.".
It worked far better than I hoped it would, really.
>>
>>46215344
When playing a melee character, try to pump reach as much as possible.

I've played characters who had about 4 or 5 reach on every attack, and I found that it was actually worth-while for me to use the multiple-attacks action even though it split my dice pool, because my reach applied to both attacks.
>>
>>46221367
>because my reach applied to both attacks.
IIRC things like smartlinks don't apply to both dicepools, why should reach?
>>
>>46221388
Because reach isn't a bonus on your attacks, but a penalty on their resistance to your attacks.
>>
>>46221404
Ah, fair enough.
>>
>>46221404
Small nuance: Difference in reach, not reach. But yes, multiple attacks is deadlier in melee than at range. Considering the targets must be close enough to one another and you must get into melee range, it evens out.
>>
What penalties do you apply if someone is in melee and attempting to shoot their attacker with a longarm like an assault rifle?
For example:
>Halloweener Henry is high as fuck and thinks Shadowrunner Sally is a demon, so he runs up to her and smacks her with a bat
>Shadowrunner Sally shoulders her Ares Alpha and lets out a short burst (after he has "engaged" her in melee)
What penalty should Sally receive? What about if she pulled out an Ares Predator instead?
>>
>>46221513
Assault rifle? I'd say about 4 dice.
Sniper rifle or something of similar size? either -8 dice or impossible.
>>
>>46221513
Use a weapons conceal penalty as its melee combat penalty as well (If the conceal penalty is a negative, it has no effect)
>>
>>46221608
Fair enough, I think I'll do this.
I basically used conceal penalties for one-handing penalties as well (with some exceptions for heavy pistols and machine pistols)
>>
>>46207384
>ah, rt, and lp reactions
I like you.
>>
>>46221646
I saw you post it before, and I still think you should reconsider your stance on the SMG penalty, because there are a lot of SMGs that more or less should be classified as maschine pistols. The Ingram Smartgun for example, should definitely be able to be one-handed with no issue. The issue is that Machine Pistols and SMGs in Shadowrun don't actually classify anything very well. While not many machine pistols, except maybe the Ares Crusader, should be SMGs, a lot of SMGs should be machine pistols.

The only actual difference there SHOULD be is that one requires two-hands and the other has the ergonomics of a pistol.
>>
>>46221766
To be fair, things with similar ergonomics to the Ingram (such as the Uzi) in real life, aren't really meant for one-handed use.
It's possible, but using your second arm is the intended operation of the weapon (see pic).
At the same time, I do get your point, and that's why I added the tagline that STR/3 round up reduces the penalty, so someone of average strength could onehand something like the Ingram only taking a -1 penalty, whereas if someone is stronger than that they can ignore the penalty.
>>
File: uzi.jpg (81 KB, 817x654) Image search: [Google]
uzi.jpg
81 KB, 817x654
>>46221831
Fug, forgot my pic.
>>
File: MicroUziPistol02.jpg (42 KB, 651x483) Image search: [Google]
MicroUziPistol02.jpg
42 KB, 651x483
>>46221831
Yes, two handed operation was intended, but certainly you could use it with one hand and make-do. Besides, Shadowrun is an action-y system, I suppose if I were playing GURPS or something I'd apply a more realistic penalty (Which they already do, really...) but it just doesn't feel right if I'm not one-handing pic related in a cyberpunk setting.

Also, your pic is of the full sized uzi, which I would agree to be an "SMG" where as the Mac-10 is definitely more in the pistole area.
>>
File: Tony.png (88 KB, 185x235) Image search: [Google]
Tony.png
88 KB, 185x235
>>46208341

A vinyl tiger mask. Image link, sound link, low light vision.
>>
>>46221869
Sure, you could make do, but it's inferior to two-handed operation to a degree, which is where the -2 (effectively -1 since noone has 0 STR) comes into play. The reason I made SMGs not really give much of a penalty is mostly because of the reasons you suggest not giving them a penalty at all; for the most part they are similar in design to a machine pistol, just up-scaled.
And based on the image of the Ingram that we do have, I'd say it's more full-sized Uzi than it is Mac-10.

The Mac-10 or micro uzi would 100% be machine pistol area, I agree.
>>
>>46221959
Whaaat? The Ingram Smartgun is more or less the size of a Mac-10 with a suppressor. Don't quote me here, but I'm fairly certain you're not supposed to hold a weapon by the suppressor. That's definitely a one handed weapon, or a pistol style weapon.
>>
File: ingramX.png (30 KB, 203x124) Image search: [Google]
ingramX.png
30 KB, 203x124
>>46222004
From the book itself, the actual ingram seems longer than what you posted.
Also, in the picture here (at least the way I interpreted it) was that the highlighted area was meant to be a place for you to brace your left hand while the right held the weapon itself, in addition to having a folding stock similar to the Uzi (although, you could argue that the scorpion has a stock as well so this doesn't hold a lot of weight).
>>
File: ingram_smartgun.gif (15 KB, 285x257) Image search: [Google]
ingram_smartgun.gif
15 KB, 285x257
>>46222078
Ah, that's the Smartgun X. Perhaps that one is meant to be two-handed, but who gets the Smartgun X? Model 20T or bust.

I'd still argue you can one hand the X with relative ease. Judging from the grip size, it's no longer than your average pistol. And having a stock doesn't matter, as that's for recoil control and not wieldability. A weapon having a stock does nothing for how easy it is to hold in one hand or not.
>>
>>46222078
>>46222152
As you can see from pic related, the Ingram Smartgun X is actually SHORTER than the original Ares Predator. Assuming the grips are roughly the same size, which there wouldn't be much reason for them to vary all too much in width.
>>
>>46222152
B-but it has an X! All the chummers are getting it, and it's Blaze's signature weapon in all of his running trids!

And I'd agree, "relative ease" for someone with a STR of 3 just reduces the dicepool by 1, and if they are stronger than the average joe it's just as easy as going 2-handed. In the case of the ingram, specifically, I might make an exception if the player specifically asked for one, but then you open up the can of worms of "WELL THIS CLASSIFIES MORE AS X THAN Y" when the majority of SMGs (the future P90, Uzi VI, etc) would warrant a penalty when being fired one handed.
>>
>>46222004
Depends, is it a suppressor or a barrel shroud? Suppressor? No, hand will be burn. Barrel Shroud? That's kind of the intended purpose of the thing.
>>
>>46222351
It's actually a recoil compensator, now that I think of it. I wouldn't imagine it functions as a handguard though, probably along the same as a suppressor
>>
>>46222371
>>46222351
I always assumed the MAC-10s barrel extension was so it would be legal to own without being an NFA weapon in the US.
>>
>>46213981

Wait a second! I know that shotgun guy!

Catalyst you cheapskates.
>>
File: novamagext.jpg (37 KB, 600x292) Image search: [Google]
novamagext.jpg
37 KB, 600x292
>>46222530
Best shotgun in that game, really. The M4 Super-40 suuuuuucked hard. The beanbag version of the Nova was great for shooting innocents with though. How I love vulgar abuse of power.
>>
>>46222530
I want to say that's a generic enough pose to have no relation to the cover of SWAT 4, but then again I also want to say Catalyst sucks and got someone who copied the boxart of SWAT 4 of all things.
>>
>>46222652
>Playing co-op with some buddies
>I'm the dedicated NL guy with the nova, everyone else has tasers and M4s
>Three out of five members of the entry team are down, just me and a buddy left
>Searching for the remaining turrurists
>Look around
>My buddy is gone
>"Hey dude, where are you?"
>Suddenly he bursts around a corner right in front of my face
>Blast a beanbag into his nose at point blank
>While he's stunned the last terrorist runs around the corner and guns him down before I have a chance to shoot
And that, my friends, is why you always communicate and use trigger discipline.
>>
>>46222530
TOC THIS IS ENTRY TEAM
>>
>>46222781
POLICE DROP YOUR WEAPONS
>>
>>46222530
You know, thinking about it, a game where the PCs play as Lone Star investigators to do investigation and such, then having a seperate set of characters who are on a SWAT team for when shit hits the fan could be pretty cool, with a standard formula of the investigators being part of a task force to take down X, they need to get enough evidence for a warrant/conviction, then play as the SWAT team making the arrest.
>>
>>46219192
you again. Post something to annoy the local jews. New York jews are the kind of people NWA got bodyguards for. Chaos will ensue.
>>
>>46222822
Twist: The PCs get duped into doing the recon and legwork for a shadowrun as the detectives, and then do a SWAT raid, which turns out to be the actual run, and never piece it together until they're placed under arrest after the fact.
>>
>>46222860
Damn son
Then you've got a contrast of the arrested group surviving in prison and/or as fugitives, while the detective group tries to prove their buddies innocence from inside the system.

Actually, this would probably be a pretty good idea for a tandem campaign with two separate groups.
>>
>>46222796
STOP RESISTING
ON YOUR KNEES
STOP RESISTING
>>
>>46222896
Double Twist: Only pull the first twist at the halfway point in the campaign. Finish off like two or three decent-sized story arcs involving them going up against a couple of major crime syndicates or paramilitary groups they learn to fight, and learn to hate. Even pit them against Shadowrunners a few times for good measure.

THEN spring 'No Police, YOU are the Shadowrunners.'
>>
>>46222928
TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS TRAILERS
>>
>>46222351
>barrel shroud

You mean the shoulder thing that goes up?
>>
I am writing a campaign to get my lazy GM to pick up the slack.
So he writes that story he oh so needs can I have do's and
don'ts of a shadowrun campaign
>>
>>46224029
If you're writing the story, why aren't you GMing?
Anyway, a few tips:
>Unlike DnD, Shadowrun places large emphasis on legality. You need ID and licenses for the shit you own.
>Shadowrun is very surveillance based, knowing about surveillance and how to counter it is very important for shadowrunners so stuff doesn't catch up with you later
>It's okay for the Johnson to fuck over the players sometimes, but unless they have a reason to the only thing it does it make your PCs paranoid of all NPCs
>>
>>46223571
Yes.
>>
>>46224717
>If you're writing the story, why aren't you GMing?
I would GM but he has been setting this up for months and I don't want top stick him up on his own campaign.
I will mention though it has been three months and all I have gotten is a map and no mention of a story.
So I have written a story to show him up and make get off his lazy ass ,least people think less of him.
for you see I fear his rules lawyer position be called into question and people may doubt his rule corrections in our other campaigns and make sessions last and extra hour
>>
>>46225021
I am skeptical of your ability to write a story because I can barely tell what you're trying to say in a 4chan post.
>>
>>46222530
hands down one of the best tactical games ever made. wish they made a sequel
>>
>>46225200
If you know EYE, (the creators are currently working on Space Hulk: Deathwing) the devs have stated they'd like to make an EYE 2 where you play as a federation spec-ops team in the vein of SWAT 4.
>>
>>46225257
Speaking of which, you think it's possible to use Shadowrun's system to play EYE tabletop?
>>
>>46225314
Oh, totally.
Me and some friends were talking about it the other day, the only reaaaal thing you would need to do is simply remove essence from the game.
After that point you could be piss-poor looters, or start as secreta members with cyber everything and mag 6.
>>
>>46208341
Like a wood carving of a lamb

It's got trodes, ultrasound, olfactory sensors, atmosphere sensors, geiger counter, and a MAD scanner.

I've got cyber eyes so I made the mask sensor-tastic for extra input.
>>
How feasible is it to play a brute-force decker?
It seems like just going full sleaze is the way to go, because fighting against hosts seems fucking impossible.
>>
Alright boys, I'll let you guys take a crack at my group's lateral thinking ability.
The baseline run will be a protection job on an old rural farmhouse.
What should the hitch be?
>>
>>46226601

The house is posessed.
>>
Noticed the gun talk earlier, and as someone who's never even seen a gun IRL beyond the ones cops have, are there any good intro guides to guns/gun use geared for roleplayers/writers/etc.?
>>
>>46226601
There's a corporate facility underneath that needs to subtly evacuated of its gear and data after a designer plague was leaked. The party were hired without this information because a bunch of goons wearing hazmat suits outside would be funky. A second team was hired to enter through an underground entrance to nick whatever data and gear they could.

The reason they needed guards was because there was a dataleak from another corporation regarding a hostile takeover of that land for agriculture, unaware of the site underneath. If they were to find the site underneath, it would be bad.

Have some of the players start making body tests or feeling odd as they progress through the day, maybe work on finding either cures or the cause/reason of the sickness later.
>>
>>46226702
Look up gun safety courses/videos.
>>
File: RCaXkge.jpg (414 KB, 1872x1990) Image search: [Google]
RCaXkge.jpg
414 KB, 1872x1990
Where were you when the fight for AI rights began?
>>
>>46226702
GURPS Tactical Shooting and High-Tech are good RPG books that involve guns and even teach you a little bit of stuff. But I don't think there's any actual hard guide to firearms written for the sole purpose of teaching RPG players about them.
>>
>>46226824
It hasn't even begun.
>>
>>46226805
>>46226901
Will do, thanks. I know the basics (3 rules of gun safety, some common language you get in fps games) but I was thinking of playing a gun nut and want at least some idea of what my character might know.
>>
>>46227048
>Playing a gun nut in Shadowrun
Good luck with that.The game is extremely ignorant when it comes to anything firearms, and doesn't provide much satisfactory information about their weapons (Caliber is a big one) and misnomers like a mad cunt (High Velocity is what we in the real world would call a High Cyclic Rate).

Also, FPSs don't exactly give you the best gun terminology, remember that.
>>
>>46227205
Most of my knowledge comes from Arma 2/3 which from what I hear tend to better than say, Calladuty re: firearms, but I'll keep both points in mind.
>>
>>46227048
What's the fourth rule, anon?
>>
>>46227554
I feel like rule four should be considered part of rule two under common sense
>>
>>46217979
Thank god my group uses the german translation.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.