[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #753: Weird Time Shit Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: 1458745011693.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1458745011693.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46200277
>>
>>46216252
Yeah, there will be a few 50cp items available.
>>46216256
Thought you'd like it, though the drawback is going to be quite the doozy.
>>46216263
Well, aside from the fact that Alcor isn't even the strongest character in game(Polaris, the bonus bosses, the main Triangulum, and Canopus are WAY stronger.) The drawback is going to be a killer: You have to prevent one of the factions from remaking the world, have to keep the MC safe, have to overthrow Polaris without being able to harm her, have to reset the world, and have to accomplish all this with a time limit of a week with everyone aside from the MC either being suspicious of you or outright trying to kill you. Oh, plus a few eons worth of guilt, self-loathing, and worthlessness.
>>
>>46216909
So basically, do what canon Alcor did and you win with ease? That doesn't seem very hard. Just make sure to train up the MCs and things go smoothly.
>>
>>46216909
That's sounds just lovely for my pre-penultimate non endgame challenge.
>>
File: 1453707134807.jpg (429 KB, 979x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453707134807.jpg
429 KB, 979x1200
80s Action Movie
what are some of your exploits and what would a movie or movie series based on them be called
>>
>>46216909
You should probably make it harder then what it was in canon. Alcor in game was perfectly able to do that with just what he had, so the fact that we not only get everything he does but anything else we get in the jump on top, makes it not really as impressively hard as you seem to believe.
>>
>>46216909
Drawback sounds good to me.
>>
>>46216961
>>46216939
Hey anon. You know what the funny thing about early thread is? You can see every IP as it joins the thread. You posted twice and we can tell because it doesn't match the post count.
>>
>>46216939
Easy? Alcor dies in four different path and only survived because the MC stopped the civil war before it even started, with the implications they had already gone through another time loop, plus having to win a combination of the Liberator, Kingmaker, and Restorer endings, meaning Shadows, demons, and one pissed off reality warping alien.
>>46216961
Oh, it will be harder, for reasons stated above.
>>46216943
Glad you like it! And that's not even the 800cp drawback. That will be recommended for late game jumpers, for very good reasons.
>>46216963
Glad you like it, just remember you'll have to deal with SMT power levels.
>>
>>46217002
paths* Bleh.
>>
>>46216977
Oh jeeze, I've been caught posting twice in a thread. How dare I decide my earlier statement wasn't enough and try to clarify my problems and give a suggestion for how to improve beyond just complaining. Obviously I should have just left my first post which contributed nothing useful. I never pretended to be two different people.
>>
>>46217021
It's just that pretending to be multiple people to try and look like your position has more support is VERY dishonest.
>>
>>46217032
If that's how you choose to see it anon. It's certainly not how I do and I've already explained why I did.
>>
>>46217042
Then make it clear you're the same person replying twice.
>>
In Ravenloft is it possible to refuse/remove the blessings that the Dark Powers give you for using dark abilities? Also is it possible to destroy the Dark Powers somehow?
>>
>>46217002
Personally, I just want to have Alcor's role. The power is nice, but the big draw to me is being the billions of years old progenitor being who first gave mankind fire. I like perks that would give me novel experiences, and being Lovecraftian Prometheus is definitely novel.
>>
>>46217067
I can respect that, actually. I kind of like that in perks as well. I just simply wanted to warn you of what kind of setting you were walking into.
>>
>>46217062
As far as I am aware, no. As for the second question just imagine someone laughing at you.
>>
>>46216909
A couple of issues with "Sword of Polaris"
>a threat to her reign that the Akashic Records can’t fix easily, you take care of it.
So you fix the problems the post-spark only power can't handle? Becuase that would imply being better then the thing too god to have while still jumping.
>and the billions of years of experience to utilize that to its’ fullest.
Death of the self.
>And also nulls EVERYTHING ELSE. Even almighty spells are resisted. Oh, and the physical attacks? Yeah, see, you can take the damage they did, and return it twice as strong.
So the only way for someone to hurt you results in them hurting themself even more? May as well write "You win." and be done with it.
>Helps that your connection to the Akashic Record gives you knowledge of all things logical(Which includes demons and magic, because you’re a star god, remember?)
Omniscience as well? Seriously? Yeah, I see the bit about not knowing people, but that is still bullshit.
>Anyway, as a final note, you could theoretically use the Record yourself, though Polaris would have to die for that. And you would NEVER betray her...Would you?
A perk givng acess to the Akashic Record is exactly what you said you weren't going to do.
>ans the Sword of the Administrator Polaris.
Pretty sure that's supposed to be "and".
>>
>>46217062
>>
>>46217152
>Death of the self.
This is a personal issue + there are perks to fix it.
>>
>>46217123
>>46217158
hey I've killed gods before, and as far as I know D&D gods aren't all-powerful
>>
>>46217185
The dark powers aren't gods, the dark powers can trap gods. Talking about destroying the dark powers is like talking about killing the lady of pain.
>>
>>46217185
They're not normal gods.
>>
>>46217224
In other words, no matter what you say, fanboys will descend to scream that IT'S IMPOSSIBURU.
>>
>>46217152
Hey, good questions! Let me answer those for you:
1. The AR isn't for combat purposes first off, or otherwise Polaris would have simply killed off the party in the final boss battle.
2. To be fair, this is more memories and fluff: You're still you, it's just your background is now longer by a shitton.
3. The primary weaknesses of that form is that 1. You've got to tough out those blows to hit back, and in-game you COULD kill him in one shot with enough strength, and 2. You could only stay in that form for the equivalent of two or three turns.
4. You're not omniscient: It's more like you've been given a great big book that explains shit. You know this shit because you've studied it, and even then you're knowledge isn't perfect.
5. In-game, Alcor COULD use it...But anything other than reseting cost him his existence.
6. Yeah, that's a typo, my bad!
>>
>>46217224
Well then can I make friends with them and then convert them to the side of good?
>>
>>46217237
>fanboys

Yeah, as opposed to the power fantasy addicts who can't be bothered to explain how they get anything done. I don't even have a dog in this fight, I use wish you morons would actually back yourselves up with feats instead of screaming ITS FUCKED or I CAN BEAT HIM ad nauseum.
>>
>>46217237
Essentially. Go full tier eight mantra user and punch them all to death. Shonen for life.
>>
>>46217247
3 (Also needs noting that the immunities aren't to EVERYTHING in the multiverse, just the various immunities you can get in DS2) and 4 and 5 all seem like things that should really be clarified in the jump. It's easy, especially with how you've written 4, to take it as anon up there has. If you don't want to make it clearer in the perk, maybe write it in the notes instead?
>>
>>46217253
You are more likely to get Lucifer to ask forgiveness than for that to succeed.

And I say that as someone who has actually tried that (twice).
>>
>>46217277
I want to give Lucifer a hug.
>>
>>46217264
And yet so far everyone hasn't given feats for the Dark Gods either. They've just gone "You can't win" and "its like the Lady of Pain" with zero sources to back it up. Two way street mein hombre and we're not getting traffic from either side.
>>
>>46217237
Well yes, but the dark powers aren't necessarily even entities in their own right. They are an omnipresent force in Raveloft, they are as much an aspect of the world as they are anything else. Ravenloft is a prison for incredibly powerful and evil things, and the dark powers are as much the bars as they are the guards and warden.
>>
>>46217275
You know what? You're right. I shouldn't assume these things to be obvious, that's a slight problem I have when I write things, I do it from my point of view. I'll work on correcting that, sorry if I caused any confusion!
>>
>>46217296
>>46217287
Now see this is much better then the various posts above. Gives us a reason for why the dark gods are described this way. Doesn't seem to justify them being omnipotent or anything, but I can certainly see why they might be near impossible to kill or escape. Thanks anon for giving us this info.
>>
>>46217247
>You're not omniscient
Not to get into an argument, but what definition of omniscient are you using, 'cause the conventionally accepted definition is "knows everything", which this perk grants. Also, if it is just "you studied a lot" that need to be made /way/ the fuck more clear because as it stands a perk saying you know everything will be taken as fiat, and by extension updating to new worlds.
>>
File: OBJECTION.png (38 KB, 379x488) Image search: [Google]
OBJECTION.png
38 KB, 379x488
>>46217185
The dark lords are, at least by the terms of D&D. They don't have stats. Nobody even knows what they look like, nobody has ever seen them or interacted with them beyond the mists, they create domains and lock off gods at a whim, and nobody knows why they do the shit they do, other than that they're assholes.
So yeah, they're basically all powerful.

>>46217237
> fanboys
Man, I don't know what the fuck to tell you. In canon they basically don't lose, ever, and they don't even show up in person to talk about how they're winning or even talk at all.

I guess if you can rewrite the laws of reality and collapse the universe into the big crunch at a whim, you can maybe do it.
Can you beat the DM? Can you kick the Benefactor's ass? If so, then I guess you can beat the Dark Lords. You also never lose and can kill everything, including other Planeswalkers, and I honestly don't know why you don't just get your spark and go to whatever setting you want, because if anything the chain is holding you back.

That or go ahead and put the Benefactor in a headlock and force them to give you all the perks and blowjobs.

They are literally a plot device designed to fuck you over and nothing else. Any attempts to fight them run into the wall, "I'm a fucking plot device." I don't know what you want me to tell you.
>>
>>46217338
To me anon, not knowing their power doesn't make them omnipotent. It just means we don't know their power. There's no need to get so salty either, just because I don't make this large leap in logic you seem to doesn't mean I think any of those other things you said. I'm sure they work as a plot device in series, but until I see proof that they are omnipotent rather then just really powerful compared to things in series, I'll stay doubtful.
>>
>>46217338
>the Dark Lords
Anon, the Dark Lords are something different in Ravenloft and you can fuck with them all you like. They are just the rulers of each domain, of which they do have some god like power over. The dark powers are what you would get fucked by.
>>
>>46217331
Again, you are very right. My original intention was for it to mean that you've been living with the arrogant god-empress whose computer writes reality for so long that you've learned a lot about how her empire(Which is their multiverse) works. I'll make sure to clarify and nerf that.
>>
>>46217338
Referring to posts above about evidence, you're not really giving us anything that a mid-late game jumper can't do just as easily. Creating domains and sealing of DnD gods seem to be the only feat you've provided for them, neither of which are impossible for a Jumper and can indeed become very easy.
>>
>>46217062
You can not refuse their blessing. They are too powerful and you are basically their plaything. When you leave they are removed but otherwise you are stuck with them.
As far as killing the Dark powers... No. I am not sure even a god with a big G could do it. What they are is never truly defined. It's not meant to be. It was able to contain a D&D demi-god (Vecna) for a while. They are or created an entire demi-plane complete with continents and people, routinely warp powerful magics. It's debatable even if the dark powers are truly evil because they are so ambiguous.
>>
>>46217253
It's not entirely clear whether the Dark Powers aren't already on the side of "good", or at least not on the side of "evil" (from a certain PoV). See >>46217296.

>>46217312
Yeah, they're not omnipotent, but what few feats they have put them around Overpower tier (at least near/in Ravenloft) in the D&D ranking scheme, which is roughly as follows: Mortals < Powers < Overpowers < The DM, where Mortals and Powers have stats while Overpowers generally have "because fuck you, that's how."
>>
>>46217392
>God with a big G
And you just proved to not take your post seriously in the slightest. Big G Gods are omnipotent. If they aren't omnipotent, they aren't a big G God. Instead of trying to hype up these dark powers with meaningless words, why not give us some hard feats to show us why they're so infinitely powerful?
>>
File: DevilSurvivor2Jump (1).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DevilSurvivor2Jump (1).pdf
1 B, 486x500
Okay, here's an updated version of the Jump, with a more clear and less game-breaking version of Sword of Polaris. Is this better?
>>
>>46217284
Some Lucifers are better than others. Some of them are massive jerks. I liked the one in Marvel, we spoke a few times, though he declined my offer of a pod.

I'm not crazy enough to go after the Satans who are omnicidal power-lusting maniacs and try to diplomance them, but striking up a conversation and going 'eternity is a long time to hold a grudge, you ever think about talking to Him and saying you're sorry for starting a war?' is not a thing that usually goes over well.. By which I mean, when suggested, I was probably lucky not to be killed on the spot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I suppose.
>>
>>46217449
How do you feel about SMT!Lucifer, out of curiosity?
>>
>>46216960
Rambo
We're gonna win Veitnam from those commie fucks
>>
>>46217439
Looks like you fixed most of the issues, good job.

>>46217422
Certainly impressive, but definitely not justifying the sort of response anons give when people ask about beating them. DnD isn't able to simulate all power levels well and starts falling apart even midway through Epic level stuff (Just look at Immortals Handbook for how inane playing DnD gets if you try to use it for cosmic level stuff). Just being more powerful then DnD gods, even if it's by a massive margin, in no way makes them unbeatable.
>>
>>46217449
Old World of Darkness Lucifer is a great guy.
But in that setting God is one of the BBEGs
>>
>>46217439
Looks good to me.
>>
File: 1423533909718.png (174 KB, 564x432) Image search: [Google]
1423533909718.png
174 KB, 564x432
>>46217364
Ah, that's right. Sorry, I'm retarded. I get the names mixed up because everything is dark in Ravenloft. Dark Powers, Dark Lords, Dark fuck all.

>>46217358

Well, at that, you basically just have to make shit up, don't you? All we can tell you is what's in canon, and what's in canon is "they're the fucking dark powers and you're dumb." You lose. It's like Cain in WoD. You fucking lose.
There's not anything else written.

If you ask if you can kill them, I can't exactly make some shit up for you about their power level if that's the only benchmark they have.

If you want to say they're actually a bunch of squirrels underneath a robe holding a flashlight, that would actually be more information than exists in canon. You are free to make up a story where you kicked over their little totem pole.

I'm telling you, I literally do not know what you want me to say.
>>
>>46217464
Honestly? Not familiar with that one, and I haven't jumped it yet. I kind of gave up on the whole 'redeem all the people!' thing a while back.

>>46217492
>OWoD
That is a setting where I am NOT touching anything that I don't have to. No reason to invite trouble.
>>
>>46217439
What did you change?
>>
>>46217439

You forgot to fix the typo, and I forgot this,
>Aside from your ominous hypercube true form, you are able to take two other forms, that people KNOW of(You may or may not be able to take other forms, but only you and Polaris know that.)
Maybe not a good idea to give people room to fanwank this into oblivion and stick with what canon has shown.
>The only reason you’re not constantly in this form is because it’s kind of tiring to be in, to be honest.
And based on what you said earlier, "Kind of tiring" doesn't really describe it, but otherwise I'm good.
>>
>>46217500
>Pic
SimAnt?

Also the Dark Lords suck dicks. But then one of them is a female Me who went too far on the JUSTICE thing until she started butchering people enmass for "evil"

>>46217507
>Not touching all the things
Come on, it'll be fun. At least punch a Tzimiche or two. Or a Giovanni. Actually just punch a Giovanni, traitorous bastards.
>>
>>46217481
>>46217499
Thanks Anons, always feel free to let me know if something is too OP or doesn't work, it helps me improve as a writer and jumpmaker!
>>46217507
Essentially, he believes in survival of the fittest, actually really likes humanity and praises you if you beat him, but will also destroy the multiverse if it suits his plans.
>>46217522
DOH. My bad Anon! Also, yeah, probably a good idea, I just wasn't sure if head similar 'human' forms for other races. Yeah, tiring is kind of vague, my bad. I WILL RETURN!
>>46217515
Clarified and nerfed the 800cp perk.
>>
>>46217500
I want you to stop saying they're unbeatable when they're not. For all you complain about people power wanking, I find people that just go "It's impossible, you can't win no matter what" to be just as annoying. Our top tier jumpers include a multiverse and a capital G Goddess. If someone was talking about how they beat the benefactor? Yeah, I'd agree they were dumb. But when you admit you actually have zero evidence for these Dark Powers being unbeatable and still say they win no matter what? I find that stupid.

Basically, stop power wanking the enemy and stick to the facts.
>>
>>46217555
>Clarified and nerfed the 800cp perk.
I mean in what ways did you do that? I don't want to have to compare them side by side to find out.
>>
>>46217594
Literally read the thread. All the changes are discussed. How dumb and lazy can you be? It's only like 50 posts.
>>
>>46217579
It's exactly as much evidence as the benefactor has.

For all we know, the benefactor is actually pulling some wizard of oz shit where they're actually extremely weak and acting through you by proxy.

Who are you to say I can't beat up the benefactor?
>>
>>46217608
Not how it works. Anons making suggestions do not by law go into the jump and not everything was clear so much as "I have a problem with this"
>>
>>46217579
Fine, if they're beatable explain how to do it.
>>
>>46217579
Not those Anons, but think of it like this: Even if you COULD kill them, the reality would most likely die with them. Which would be bad, for a number of reasons, the least being all the criminals you just let out, and the lack of a jail to contain future villains.
>>46217594
Oh! Well, I made it clear that you weren't omniscient, just really knowledgeable about how the Devil Survivor universe works, made sure it was spelled out that if you try to do anything beyond using the Akashic Record to reset (Without beating the stupid hard 800cp, which will be a surprise) will destroy your body, mind, soul, and identity. Basically, true death(though you will return to your home dimension) I'm about to post another update soon that will fix the last few problems and mistakes, with the other forms.
>>
>>46217439
>Akashic Record contains the data of all things that are, have been, and will be.
>Polaris is editing it to erase humanity.

Huh. How much would fate immunity and fate unravelling perks screw with something like that?

And how'd Polaris react if she tried "delete {Jumper}" and got "{Jumper} not found", or "delete {friend of Jumper}" and got "Access denied, insufficient privilege"?
>>
>>46217579
The problem is that there are almost no facts.

In-game they can do whatever the hell the GM decides they can do.

If you want to ignore the spirit of what they are supposed to be, be my guest.
>>
>>46217611
No, it's not. We can look at the perks, drawbacks and alterations to canon the Benefactor can do and see that she is above other omnipotent beings. The Dark Powers have shown to create domains and imprison gods, that's all the evidence given so far.

Not sure why you're still arguing, you already admitted you had no evidence for saying they were unbeatable. Your just making yourself look desperate at this point.

>>46217631
Not the point. Them lacking solid info on whether they are unbeatable or not doesn't mean they're omnipotent. No Limits Fallacies are called that for a reason. It's easy to assume they're vastly stronger then DnD gods, zero reason to assume they are infinitely so. It's like saying Whitebeard can shatter universes with his Quake fruit because he's never said to not be able to do that.

>>46217656
Exactly. So assuming they are completely invincible has zero basis. I acknowledge for the third time that they may indeed by very powerful, I just don't agree that they are unbeatable because there is no proof of that.
>>
>>46217647
Actually, the Drop-In perk capstone is literally that. I'd say you'd need some pretty strong anti-fate perks, but it's certainly possible Also, you ARE immune to it if you're protected by the Dragon Stream, which was taught by Alcor for that exact purpose. As to how she'd react? The same way she, Arcturus, and Canopus reacted in canon to the MC: KILL KILL KILL.
>>
>>46217714
Why is she such a butt?
>>
File: letmeshowyou.gif (951 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
letmeshowyou.gif
951 KB, 500x375
Are there any perks or in-jump skills that would allow me to temporarily fuse with another creature to share skills/powers?
>>
>All this arguing
LOOK! A CUTE LOVE AMV!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3oT5s7fKbY

Too Bad She Dies before Confessing

But She comes back as an AI sort of thing due to Magic Bullshit

Sadly He gets possessed by a demon who's tormenting someone in a time loop by killing everyone around them, again and again and again

There is a Happy Ending anyway
>>
>>46217809
Tons. Aquaria for example.
>>
If I wanted to make custom and upgraded organs to make people 'better', what perks would I need?
>>
>>46217833
Clones are not the same individual.
>>
>>46217851
Just go to Franken Fran and buy everything.
>>
File: DevilSurvivor2Jump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DevilSurvivor2Jump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46217790
Part of the reason is that this is sort of her job. If the theory about the Administrators being a royal bloodline is correct, she comes from a line of administrators who've run the multiverse for some time. She's got a crap ton of rivals, such as Arcturus, and then she also has to look out for Errai, her successor and the being who may become YHVH. That, and she's just an arrogant bitch. but hey! Also, here's the update, with a completely clarified/nerfed Sword of Polaris that would still be considered both incredibly powerful and canon, plus the beginning of the items section! (God, at this rate, I'm behind schedule. It'll take me four days instead of three!)
>>
File: Fanwank.png (24 KB, 300x307) Image search: [Google]
Fanwank.png
24 KB, 300x307
>>46217579
I am complaining about people who complain about people saying they're invincible. So basically you.

If the benchmark is "You fucking lose", then that's the only thing I can tell you. That's what I'm going to default to every time you ask. Every single time you ask. They control the setting. Their purpose is to act as the DM. Therefore, when asked if it's possible to beat them, I feel justified asking the followup question of whether or not the person thinks they can beat their DM.

However, there's no canon information on them. There's nothing. They are literally the plot device that makes the setting work.
Therefore, if you think you can take control of the setting on a cosmic scale, I can't very well stop you. And I have been saying that this entire time. Which you would realize if you weren't dead set on bitching about powerwanking.

So let me make this really easy for you. From now on, anytime anyone asks anything about the dark powers, point them at this picture. And if they ask for any further information regarding anything relating to said powers, tell them to go fuck themselves, as I am telling you to do now.
>>
>>46217867
What did you change this update?
>>
>>46217890
First off, fixed an typo at the beginning of Sword of Polaris, and made sure the transformation ability wasn't vague enough to exaggerate or wank, and that the actually transformation was more limited/clear: You're really hard to kill, but ten minutes in it at a time is the max you can achieve without hurting yourself. Also started an item section.
>>
>>46217714
>perk captstone is literally that
Yoink!

>need some pretty strong anti-fate perks
Of my chain so far, only one I think I haven't taken is in Viking Saga. And that includes The Future Is Uncertain from Merlin - not only is jumper personally immune, their mere presence actively unravels fate for those within reach (which is pretty far at this point?).

>As to how she'd react? The same way she, Arcturus, and Canopus reacted in canon to the MC: KILL KILL KILL.

Oh. Um... oops?
>>
>>46217923
actual* Dang it! Even my posts are cursed with typos!
>>
>>46217693
They're part and parcel of the setting. To put the comparison in perspective... go to Star Wars. Want to kill the dark lords of the Sith, sure. Might end up falling to the dark side yourself if you aren't careful. But you're arguing that you should be able to destroy the Dark Side itself.
>>
>>46217865
Oh. I already did that.
I also have a bunch of other medic perks, Cobra-La Biotech, and Xenobiology from Lovecraft.

I honestly don't know why I even asked that question now.
I'd probably be able to do whatever the fuck I wanted to people.

I want to make a goop that acts as people's internal organs, except for the nervous system, so that they're just bone filled skin bags of indestructible morphic goop.
Sort of psuedo-shoggoths, I guess.
>>
>>46217931
Well, congratulations! The capstone ALSO makes you immune to space-time erasure! Also, you've pissed off one of the OCD Administrators AND her creator, the Divine Order of the Universe itself, off just by existing! Hope you're ready to deal with SMT power levels! In seriousness, you may want to be careful: You're dealing with multiversial rulers here
>>
>>46217867
>which may become YHVH

Wait, WHAT? So-these things aren't just aliens, they're the "species" of divine being YHVH belongs to? Fuck me, does that mean her creator you mentioned in >>46217980 is some form of super-YHVH more powerful than regular-YHVH?
>>
File: 2058200-df.png (571 KB, 456x658) Image search: [Google]
2058200-df.png
571 KB, 456x658
>>46217965
A world of Glob Hermans. Beautiful.
>>
>>46217965
Why not just make everyone goo people?
>>
File: all fine here.jpg (43 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
all fine here.jpg
43 KB, 680x453
>>46217980
Well... crap.

>reads jump/wiki

... wait a sec. This multiverse has an "operating system" with a _computer_ interface and the Akashic Records is its _database_?

>Jumper looks at Administrator Access perk from Kid Radd thoughtfully...
>>
>>46218275
HACK THE PLANET
>>
>>46218275
>This multiverse has an "operating system" with a _computer_ interface

... oh, my love of digital altforms and hacking perks pays off once again, and in spades.
>>
>>46218182
Canopus is basically the original Great Will: He controls space, time, heat, and force. The only difference is that he's non-sentient, basically serving as the Akashic Record's operating system. But yes, super-YHVH is pretty accurate. The 800cp drawback is Errai hijacking his power and becoming the YHVH/Great Will of mainline SMT, and you having to kill him before that process is completed.
>>46218275
Sorry, only Administrators can use the Record. Anyone else, perks aside? Results ain't pretty.
>>
>>46218275
>Administrator Access(discount Drop-In, 200): You’ve got the whole world, in your hand...You now have automatic administrator-level access privileges in every public server you come across, only having issues with getting into government or the core systems of private companies.
I don't think it would count as a public server, except in the sense that it's running the public. Literally.
>>
>>46218420
Plus, trying to comprehend the sheer amount of data in the Akashic Record is mind raping to most normal beings, attracts the attention of the Administrators and their swords, including Polaris, but also canonically wakes and pisses off Canopus, who would have erased Alcor after he reset had the MC not taken the bullet. So, basically, a very, VERY bad idea.
>>
Anyway, on another note, I'm going to bed. If anyone has any other questions about the jump, I'll answer them tomorrow. Good night everybody!
>>
>>46218447
... just trying to comprehend it alerts them? So you can't even look at it? That sounds like some bullshit.
>>
>>46218463
Honestly, judging by >>46218420 the perk doesn't do anything to help anyway.
>>
>>46218298
>>46218447
>Danger sense perks all say all the NOPEs.

Thanks, anon(s).
>>
Anyone know how the Laws Are Mine perk in Van Helsing works? It says any laws we break have to support our goals and abilities, but doesn't that kind of mean anything we want counts? I'm just really confused by what exactly the perk's guidelines are.
>>
>>46218508
I would think it would mean it needs to be something you're passionate about, like something you really, really want, as opposed to just sortof want. That and it should coincide with whatever your jumper theme is, at least a little bit.

So Justiceanon might use it to make a device that causes more effective punches and detecting evil and waifuing, but it would be totally unable to fortify monogamy.
>>
>>46218566
>unable to fortify monogamy

So it'd basically be a reverse-chastity belt that attracts other peoples' pelvises to you?
>>
>>46218577
I suddenly desire this hypothetical belt.
>>
>>46218566
Sounds about right

>>46218577
>Forcing other people to you
This Is Not Justice
>>
>>46218476
Well, no, it does; it doesn't give access itself, but if you have some other way of getting access (say, by Cyberdidact from the Imperium jump, one of the mechanical god lineages/hostings from Percy Jackson, whatever), the second part would kick in.
>You can waltz into pretty much any database you can think of, and mess with the data within. Not only that, but anyone who investigates will be unable to find a trace of what you’ve done, or at least won’t be able to tie these to you.
>>
>>46217833

>Girl dies
>Boy has his mind and body violated by an evil spirit that kills and tortures people
>Good ending just because a fake copy ends up with him after all that.

I'd really fucking hate to see what you think is a bad ending if you think this is good.
>>
>>46218629
Sorry but I still think the fact that it says you only get that access to public servers limits the second part of the perk.
>>
File: antismileral.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antismileral.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
At long last-I have access to reliable internet again. It's time to dump some builds.

[Stalker, updated]

Drawbacks: Hello. Hello. Snorkbait, Scarred, The Dark Road (1600)

Tourist

Rolled Zone, China

Stashes (1500)
Technician (1300)
Hi-Tech Expert (1000)
Xenotechnology (600)
Heart of the Oasis (0)

So. Not much has changed, since the last update. It’s dark, it’s full of zombies and worse things have our trail. We are apparently such a huge nerd that on a fundamental level reality is trying to roll us for lunch money regardless of whether it’s a good idea or not.

Poor luck that the new roll’s landed us in China but-them’s the breaks. Gotta wonder if Chinese cuisine’s survived the nukes at least somewhat intact. And gaoliang has its’ own unique kick compared to vodka so-can’t hurt to try a few bottles for old times’ sake.

There is one big difference-and that’s this crystal apple. Our goal to terraform this blasted dirtball just got that much easier with the option of rigging these things up to some sort of energy ray. Hopefully once we rig up the prerequisite Leviathan tech with a psychic resonance array and these things we can clear off enough dust to feel clean-ish again, and also make the landscape more symmetrical instead of the nuked eyesore it is.

[Legend of Mana, updated]

Drawbacks: Nightmare, I’m back! (1600)

“Human” (Free)

Top left circles island

Synchronise (Free)
Abilities & Techniques (Free)
Preserve the Land (1000)
Tempering Tycoon (400)
Enchanted Instruments 101 (300)
Mailbox (Free)
Blacksmithy (200)
Concert Hall (0)

Yep. Still jumping mostly blind. Still more ready than ever to do some extreme horticulture to this place. Except now, it seems like we’ll also be doing some impromptu spirit concerts as well using the instruments we built out of scrap metal lying around-which nobody will understand the purpose of because we don’t talk. It’s going to inspire a whole generation of postapocalyptic hipster kids.
>>
File: passthedespair.jpg (101 KB, 850x611) Image search: [Google]
passthedespair.jpg
101 KB, 850x611
[Fallout 4]

Drawbacks: All Roads, Prime Time, Medicine Resistant, Mimics (1600)

Rolled Sanctuary Hills

“Human”, Age 34, Drop-In

Crafter (Free)
Mysterious Stranger (1500)
Benevolent(?) Leader (1300)
Legend of the Wastes (1000)
Ad Victoriam (700)
Mechanist (400)
Inspirational (0)

A casual analysis of the altered timeline reveals two major differences:

Ages ago we not only helped Mr House take New Vegas over, but gave him tonnes of magite-ahem, AETHERIC SCIENCES and nanomachines to support his plans. He probably wouldn’t like the Institute much, and is thus likely backing or heading the main resistance to them.
Evidently whatever eldritch research the Institute used to replicate our powers drove them utterly batshit insane, because only a mad mind would built an impossibly buff America-bot, and then unleash a robot army of our dopplegangers presumably as part of some smear campaign as well as to provide Liberty Prime with a replenishing supply of minions/scrap metal

Throughout our travels we have been Russian with such frequency it has to be one of the Benefactress’ little jokes. This must be a sign. It must be destiny, the cosmic equivalent of the old wink-wink-nudge-nudge pantomime for this inevitable moment to come to pass.

We must build Commietron, the ultimate Communist war machine with over 9000 subsystems dedicated to socialist reform and executing capitalist pigdogcats with screaming hot gravity. Should Commietron fall in battle a secondary subsystem will activate, and we will assume direct control so that it can achieve its’ Eternal Comrade Galvatron form and break Prime’s back like how the glory of the workers’ revolution will break the bourgeoisie’s stranglehold on society.

Also it will look like a bear, and be piloted remotely by another bear.

>>46216960
A series with so many car chases and fights with improvised weapons that the films may as well be entirely made of non-sequitors, starring a snarky bald man in a suit.
>>
>>46218697
>[Fallout 4]

When was this released?
>>
>>46218706
It's finished but the jumpmaker requested it not be put on the drive until he does a DLC update.
>>
[Kamen Rider Part 2]

Drawbacks: Connected Continuity, Priority Target, Could It Be Golgom?! (1300)

Drop-In, Age 22

Resourceful (Free)
Jumper Powered Warrior (1100)
Child of the Sun (500)
RU Disc (200)
Blueprint-Z (0)

Man, we are not good at the whole Kamen Rider thing. We spent Part 1 hiding in the bushes/rooftops/assorted makeshift sniper perches and sniping anyone who announced themselves loudly in an unfriendly manner. Apparently this is poor form.

So this time round we shall be the mysterious travelling merchant, reverse engineering out of habit more than anything and selling the upgrades to whatever plucky go-getter wants to jump-kick the monster of the week. But Kat, Gar, Blaise and Alita seem pretty psyched for the whole thing, so at least they’re having fun holding back and jobbing tremendously while doing ludicrously impractical motorcycle stunts and whatever. Bah.

We’ll just be over here, being sensible and trying to figure out how much of the equipment is hype and how much fact, and the implications this holds for the insane costume technology’s interaction with physics.

Apparently vampire NTR is a plot point, so-really, as per usual we have absolutely no idea what to make of this whole thing.

>>46218275
>>46217980
>>46218298
>>46218447

Whelp. It seems like a good idea to keep Ocellos Dei under tight wraps for that jump
>>
File: AntiSpiral231232.jpg (54 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiral231232.jpg
54 KB, 600x836
>>46218717
Captcha you little scoundrel-

>>46218715
Oh, really? Must've missed that. It's fine though, I don't mind doing preliminary builds
>>
File: Antispiralelectronica.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralelectronica.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
[Devil Survivor]

Drawbacks: And on the eight day...Morning Star, Bel on Earth (1800)

Rolled Ueno (Free)

Programmer, Age 19

Tech Wizard (Free)
Jumper is a genius! (1500)
Shomonkai Disguise (Free)
Macca (1450)
Naoya’s Notes (1300)
Bels and Whistles (500)
Conquer your demon (300)
Route companion: Amane (0)

You’d expect why and what we’re doing to be simple, obvious. The sad, sad truth is-it’s not. We wish it were but there’s a lot at stake in this whole fiasco, and a lot more that we have to prove.

For starters? This might blow your mind but-we don’t hate Lucifer, as a person. He’s suave, reasonable, knows how to have a good time-and unlike Nyarlathotep, isn’t a sadistic fuckwad loser. Are his goals anathema? Certainly. But he’s the kind of demon we can respect as a worthy opponent even if we will inevitably come to blows, if only because he reminds us of an old friend millions of years ago, back when we were still mostly human.

More than that-in the wider SMT cosmology it’s implied YHVH wasn’t always-well, utterly compatible with our own goals. That He once endorsed free will, and some terrible malfunction in reality drove Him to his current state. In light of this its’ telling that while His angels want to wipe humanity off the planet the big man’s giving humanity a window of opportunity to prove itself.

Nothing is absolute. Dictating a world of Law, as personally gratifying as it would be, won’t stop the cycle of violence when some shmuck inevitably takes up Chaos’ banner once more. Some of the most orderly beings we’ve known-Odin, Amaterasu and so on-have been pagan deities of some stripe or other, and since the distinction between angel and demon is somewhat political in SMT surely some form of mutual understanding is possible.

(Cont'd)
>>
File: Antispirallook.png (373 KB, 764x684) Image search: [Google]
Antispirallook.png
373 KB, 764x684
>>46218783
Don’t get us wrong, this isn’t any power of friendship crap-just as Chaos appeals to the will to power, so too should Law appeal to the comfort and stability that a fair order brings. A fair system of laws, governed by a spiritually enlightened authority, leads naturally to an optimum reality. We simply believe this system should also reform and benefit the beings deemed heretical and anathema to it. After all, an ideal system of Law is one where every being fulfils its’ role willingly and to a net benefit to the system as a whole. A truly Lawful society should work towards re-integration with an eye for equality when extermination will only end with the beings respawning at some point in the near future.

We do intend to fulfil the role of the Messiah. However, there is nothing that says along the way we may not use our authority as the Overlord to lay the foundation for a new regime. Some of our other companions will serve as excellent ambassadors: Lilith can perhaps persuade her counterpart here while Yuuka & Yuugi may establish diplomatic terms with the Shinto factions.

Definitely not unleashing Kiara unless the shit really hits the fan, though. The last thing this fiasco needs is more bonus bosses.
>>
File: Antispiraldetermined.png (340 KB, 767x617) Image search: [Google]
Antispiraldetermined.png
340 KB, 767x617
>>46218793
…man, we can hear the mixed opinions already. Naoya’s either gonna absolutely lose it over our convoluted plan after that whole incident with the sacrifices all those years ago, or try to nag us into making the whole system more Chaos-y. Gin and Haru aren’t gonna feel easy at those mixed messages much either. Midori will have the opposite problem of trying assuming our plans will work out just fine, Kaido’s probably just going to sit back somewhere and laugh at the rising havoc and we have absolutely no idea what Keisuke will think about all this. At least Mari, Amane and Atsuro are probably going to be relatively chill with it.

As for the big man himself-thanks to the Saint perk tree from ActRaiser, we can bake him and the other archangels some cookies to make sure they’re cool with it.

Now we just have to figure out how to let Yuzu down gently.

Anyway, after becoming the Messiah, we will encourage Atsuro to continue his research, which we will use to upgrade the COMPs into a global network of sorts using the following assemblage: http://pastebin.com/GPdQLSBV

By advertising humanity’s strength, we will bring an end to demonkind’s endless wars and convince them to perform useful work for compensation.

By incentivising human virtue, we will guide them to freely choose to embrace Law of their own free will and sway angelkind to a more moderate stance.

Thus, we will indirectly grant Law more influence over Chaos, while preparing to at least open both sides up to the possibility of coexistence in the distant future to prevent further conflict from risking the fabric of reality.

(Cont'd, 3/4)
>>
File: Like this but more Lucifer.png (1 MB, 1000x768) Image search: [Google]
Like this but more Lucifer.png
1 MB, 1000x768
>>46218800
Of course, not every demon will be a fan of this concept. And that’s why we have to fight Lucifer-to assert our right to rule in the most indisputable way possible. We won’t lie-this will likely be THE hardest fight of our career as a Jumper considering Lucifer has any number of reasons to hold back a lot less than he would in the game.

And hell, since we might as well raise the stakes all the way. Over to you, Jump-Chan:

"TONIGHT, IN NAGATA-CHO, DON’T FORGET YOUR TICKETS TO THE GREATEST WRESTLING EVENT IN HISTORY! YOU PAID FOR THE BEST SEATS ON THE PLANET-BUT YOU’LL ONLY NEED THE /EDGE/. IN THE RED CORNER, WE HAVE THE REIGNING CREATOR OF CHAOS, THE PRINCE OF PERDITION, THE ORIGINAL REBEL HIMSELF: LUUUUCIFER MOOOOOOORNINGSTAR! AND CHALLENGING HIM, WE HAVE THE TECHNO-MESSIAH, THE CHOSEN OF YHVH, THE FRESH KING OF BEL AND AIR: THE ANTIIIIIII SPIRAAAAAAAAAAL! TUNE IN AS WE WATCH THESE ALMIGHTY HEELS DECIDE THE VERY FATE OF MANKIND, IN A JACOB’S. LADDER. MATCH."
>>
>>46218819
I'm pretty sure Lucifer's already in that pic, ASA. He's the one fighting Simon. The natural order of the TTGL universe is to increase to a maximum, by dictating absolute stasis the Anti-Spiral fills the same role of the cosmic rebel as Lucifer does.
>>
>>46218863
>more Lucifer
>as in, additional Lucifer(s)
>>
Where is the jojo stand supplement? I can't find it on the drive and the jump mentions it.
>>
>>46218980
All of us know you post this every single thread to be a troll by now.
>>
File: 1437335477883.jpg (39 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
1437335477883.jpg
39 KB, 704x528
>>46217833
Made me miserable right before bed. Thanks.

I can't handle sad endings at all.
>>
>>46218980
It's in your ass, anon. Just root around in it, you'll find it eventually. Don't be afraid to go deep, get your head right up in there.
>>
>>46219008
my god it's full of stars
>>
>>46217867
So is this done now?
>>
>>46219039
No. The items section is bare bones and the drawbacks haven't been added at all.
>>
File: inside-out.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
inside-out.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
Guess who's back after a very extended hiatus with a fresh new adventure?

17. Inside out Jump: On the Rocks

Host: Riley 100cp
Host Age: 6
Background: Drop-In (Free)
Abilities:
Emotion Form (Free)
Just Kinda There (Free)
Companion Import x2 200cp
Read the Manuel 100cp
Memory Jog 200cp
Fright 200cp
Perfectionism 200cp
Mind Projection 300cp
Drawbacks:
Superpowered Puberty +300cp

Companions

Tourette (Drop-In)
Arizona (Drop-In)

I was a little surprised when I ended up here as I wasn’t totally sure this movie existed. Then again, maybe it doesn’t. Maybe it only existed in Pacific Rim and I’m in some sort of alternate universe Pixar movie. Either way it looks like watching all those old movies with Newton is paid off.

The first 5 years of this jump weren’t really anything to write home about, which you would think would be a relief after all the “excitement” of Gargoyles. There really wasn’t much to do except make stuff, sightsee, and hang out with Bing Bong. I would have been fairly content with this even if it would kind of drag after a while, but Arizona and Tourette didn’t have much to do. My marriage of more or less 30 years pretty much fell apart. We didn’t break up or anything (even if we did, what would have been the point?), but things aren’t great between us right now. Once the plot kicked in me, Joy, Sadness, Arizona, Tourette, and Bing Bong caught a ride to Headquarters. The other emotions weren’t thrilled at the unexpected guests, but they were quickly won over with the ol’ Paradox charm. We lived out of the warehouse, but I did end up busting out the old Admiral outfit and setting up a swivel chair in the back of Headquarters so I could sit in it and feel like I was important. After all, I soon would be.
>>
File: Inside Out.jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Inside Out.jpg
225 KB, 1920x1080
>>46219051
Once they hit the puberty button it was my time to shine. I helped them guide Riley through her super powered puberty. Fear wasn’t happy with all the weirdness and Sadness didn’t feel strongly either way, but Disgust, Joy, and Anger were pretty happy about it. Joy, because Riley could do so many cool things and help people, Disgust because Riley became extremely charismatic, and Wrath because she had all those neat powers. I actually spent a lot of time commuting between Headquarters and Imagination Land so I could teach Riley how to better use her powers in her dreams. Both Jeanette and Therese managed to find some entertainment by teaching her other stuff. It wasn’t much, but it kept them from becoming even crazier.

Unsurprisingly, Riley was loved by everyone and praised as a polymath prodigy. I made sure to give her the Uncle Ben treatment in her dreams so she wouldn’t get a big head. Riley ended up going to college at the age of 13. By day she was Riley, genius student and world famous fashion designer, by night she was the caped crime fighter Banshee. Being a superhero in a mundane world is really hard as a young girl because it’s difficult to find crimes, but she managed it fairly well with her amazing detective skills and powers of manipulation.
>>
File: Riley.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Riley.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>46219060
A decade of helping guide Riley made me grow extremely attached to her, so a couple of weeks before the jump ended, I sent Riley a dream asking her if she wanted to come with me on my journey through the multiverse. To my mild surprise, she accepted. This didn’t technically break my oath of not whisking away tween girls in my figurative candy van because she was six years old at the start of my jump. Unlike Dani and Ed, she was still a minor and had a family, but I felt Riley was old and smart enough to make that decision for herself. The one thing that let her make the difficult decision to leave her family behind was the knowledge that time wouldn’t pass while she was away so they wouldn’t miss her while she was gone.

I’m gonna have to do something to fix my marriage next jump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xshrXM3kLY4
>>
>>46218980

Last I checked you can find it near the Asura Cryin jump's Supplement.
>>
Do creatures you make into weapons using bayonettas crafting table remain sapient and aware?

Is it possible to do something like link an avatar body, punch it into shape, then be a sword through my avatar with my powers so I can play the part of sapient weapon for a jump or two?
>>
>>46219160
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure they go into a sort of dormant stasis. But you could always be a Demon Weapon in Soul Eater if you want to be a sapient weapon.
>>
>>46217867
>, that is not only stronger, but it is also weak to physical attacks...And also nulls EVERYTHING ELSE

Great, another perk to stack with "Magic must defeat magic".
>>
File: king.jpg (42 KB, 564x782) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
42 KB, 564x782
Is it possible to fuse to with my Hivemind bodies for extra power? It only says that they get their energy from the original body, but I get energy to spare.
>>
>>46219195
"Physical" doesn't mean non-magical, in SMT terms. There are physical damage spells. And the "nulls everything else" bit explicitly states that it only nulls SMT elements, not everything. Get hit by something that doesn't fall into one of those elements categories (radiation, for example, isn't one of them, the Nuclear element is only in Persona and not mainline SMT or Devil Survivor) and you'll still take damage. And of course, your "invulnerable" state is so draining that you can only use it for a short time, in the game Alcor can only take it for a few turns.
>>
>>46219195
You do know that an enchanted sword is magic that does physical damage right?
>>
>>46219212
It wouldn't really be more power would it? Just more mass.
>>
Speaking of magic must defeat magic, what's the ruling for clarktech? Do I just repel plasma rays and gravitron cannons now?
>>
>>46218463
Well, you *can* look at it, you just have to be prepared for the consequences of that.
Sounds like Eye of the Seer from Kidd Radd could be useful in scouring the Akashic Record. Untraceable, eventually spreading to all data storage.
>The great and powerful Seer has eyes all over the internet, which combined with a natural intelligence makes his statements as good as fact, in terms of respectability. You now have access to these eyes, and can bring them wherever you go. The eyes will enter the information networks of the planet you're on and begin to interpret all the data at their disposal. They are untraceable and they can spread pretty much anywhere there is data storage, through mysterious means. The information is almost always infallible, though make sure that you’re given ALL of the information.

Also, if you were so inclined, you could put yourself into the Akashic Record as a VR avatar somehow (via some digital altform) and then Beyond The Code would render you unable to be deleted from the Record.
>>
>>46219240
I was thinking of a fusion like this one >>46217809
>>
>>46219247
Do you mean any specific type of clarktech? From a particular perk or setting?
Or just clarktech in general?

Because general clarktech isn't magic. It's just tech that seems like magic.

>>46219251
Lego Bionicles had one that let you fuse with five beings, I think.
>>
>>46219193
I Would but that jump was a long time ago. I did take the perk that allows you to make demon weapons though.
>>
>>46219247
Depends, where does "that laser a mostly modern setting had" fall on your scale of clarktech?
https://youtu.be/qp7gOCxOsac?t=456
>>
>>46219264
I mean in general. If we must be specific, how about worm? That setting has all kinds of bullshit clarktech.
>>
>>46219362
Not him and I know I am a minority in this thought but it has always been my fanwank that magic mdm doesn't make you flat perfectly immune to nonmagic but just gives you a big resistance to it. As in with enough firepower even a magic shield will break but it takes a lot more to break it with the perk than without it.
>>
>>46219362
Okay and what spell or supernatural ability is MMDM buffing?
>>
>>46219497
Umm, let's go with an A ranked version of godhand.
>>
>>46219594
That only no sells things up to a certain level, anything past that is just fine as an attack. MDMM isn't going to suddenly make it go from stopping a missile to no selling a supernova.
>>
File: ksbd64.jpg (1001 KB, 950x1224) Image search: [Google]
ksbd64.jpg
1001 KB, 950x1224
>>46219594
I have no idea what that is or where it's from, but that sounds like an attack move.
>>
Speaking of Magic Must Defeat Magic, is it just me or does that perk totally overshadow...basically every other perk in the jump by far? Reading it just as is, it seems pretty OP, especially compared to a perk that's situation-ally useful and one that makes you a really good spy.
>>
>>46219676

Kindof. It resulted in a lot of "doesn't this combo make me completely invincible" posts and that sort of thing.
>>
>>46219676
It's the sort of thing that doesn't get brought up much because people think it's too useful to lose. So while lots of people probably do agree, they don't want to lose it so they won't comment. I'm honestly surprised that Stupid Dog of all people was the one who made it, usually he's pretty good at balancing out perks (Excepting Cardcaptor). I guess everyone has their off days.

>>46219722
Though not changing it even after people comment a lot about all the combos that basically go straight to broken town with the perk does feel unlike him.
>>
Say is there way to combine like multiple items together into just one?

I have a few magical swords that I'd like to combine together. As well some armor.
>>
>>46217423
To my understanding, they're basically Primorials - a sapient plane of existence, defining the laws of reality. If they want two regions to be next to each other, they'll be next to each other; if they want you to walk for hours and wind up right back where you started that'll happen too. They can rewrite otherwise-universal rules of magic (lots of spells work differently), block clerics' connections to their Gods and replace it with one to them (Ravenloft grants all divine spells), and reach through all the planes of existence to grab entire regions and pull them together without any possibility of escape that they don't consent to. They also actively change reality to guide good people into becoming monsters, warp evil people into abominations, and prevent their pet abominations from ever dying.

Finally, and most importantly? They don't have an avatar to kill. If you wanted to fight the Dark Powers, you'd have to exterminatus a plane - one which actively can decide whether your exterminatus struck a part of it, or was swallowed up by the mists.
>>
>>46219837
Aion has something that let's you combine things.

They must be similar in shape, but you can either get that weapon that shapeshift or create your own shapeshifting weapon.
>>
>>46219837
Duct tape fusion from zim works.

Armsfusion crafter from Aion is made for this.

Maybe FMA alchemy.
>>
>>46219195
Magic must defeat magic doesn't make you immune to physical damage. It is good to stack with Null Physical (or drain physical) from a skill crack, though
>>
>>46219857
Adding to this, Iji can 'combine' weapons, though it does it by using a nanotech weapon and imprinting data onto it in the game. The perk Nanomaster says "you can combine and enhance weapons... even those not from this jump." This is my go to for weapons, and i would assume with enough time you could develop ways to do it on other items.
>>
>>46219837
Digitize them with generic virtual world technology and then copy and paste the data onto a new one.
>>
>>46217611
Thats what i view my benefactors as three different beings who wanted entertainment and were offered power by another being so they could have thier fun.
>>
File: sgt-hatred2.jpg (32 KB, 479x269) Image search: [Google]
sgt-hatred2.jpg
32 KB, 479x269
I am conflicted on whether to break the deadlight in a new chain. Which companion is the easiest to not feel bad about killing off?
>>
>>46220228

Whichever gets you through the LoT the safest.

Probably the Tomb Spyder.
>>
>>46217809
There is the Chimera perk in Kid Radd.
>>
>>46220228
Anyone that is not Hooligan Tuesday for a start.
The Tomb Spyder and Toby the Hormagaunt might hurt the least as they can't speak to you and might not even be sapient.
Shauphezh Xi'Cokemeq the Dark Eldar Reaver because... she's a Dark Eldar Reaver. Even if she's not as psychotic as normal Dark Eldar, she can still be a literal pain to deal with.
>>
>>46220228
>Which companion is the easiest to not feel bad about killing off?

All of them are easy to kill off when you don't care for any of them to begin with. When it comes down to it, you're doing it because your own survival (and for some, power) means more than the life of a stranger. If you're this conflicted I suggest either not killing them, or just rolling a die to settle the matter.
>>
>>46220228
I read that in his voice.
>>
Anyone have a good idea for the generic magical girl theme
>>
>>46220556
Chocolates and sweets.
>>
File: PARTYTIME.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PARTYTIME.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
Some Devil Survivor questions:

1. Is the King of Bel's power derived from spiritual strength or is it more a mystic status awarded to whoever killed all the Bel demons?

2. Just to check-for future jumps, Amane doesn't keep Remiel hosted because of the whole companion thing right?

3. Exactly how significant is the authority vested by Conquer Your Demon compared to that of Bels and Whistles, and to that of the award at the end of Morning Star? How big a deal would having all 3 together make you in future demon communities?

4. Reading across other sources there seem to be some conflicting opinions over whether becoming the Messiah unlocks new Bel powers or not; do your powers become more holyish or stay the same?

5. For future jumps, since there's wide disparity between what counts as a "demon" from setting to setting, if one were to try to apply the Demon Summoning Server technology outside SMT's context would it be a safe bet that it'd be compatible with spiritual beings?

>>46220556
We went with Time, personally. What about tanks? Magical girls that summon magical tanks to drive as part of their transformation-either individual tiny tanks or one big, collectively piloted tank if they all pool their energy together.
>>
>>46218463
Jump maker here, sorry I wasn't very clear; it's not even you comprehending it or trying too, it's ACCESING it. Because only the current Administrator is supposed to be able to do that. That's why there still is a Multiverse, because the others can only do so much damage in their fights to be the next in line that Polaris and the Akashic Record could fix. In canon, aside from Arcturus during the Triangulum Arc itself, one of the endings had all the other Administrators attack the MC's universe, and another had the MC as the new Administrator/Canopus so they were too afraid of him to do anything.
>>
>>46218715
Speaking of which, I won't be able to complete the update until Monday at the earliest.

>>46218725
I'd imagine that there won't be much change to the selection; the robot building is covered by the Mechanist perk, so I'll probably just add a Robobrain and an expensive Custom Robot companion option in addition to whatever other misc. things the DLC adds
>>
>>46220691
King of Bel is the strength of the original Bel: while spiritual strength perks make YOU stronger, that's just you, not a Bel
2. Yes, Remiel leaves Amane, though she CAN summon him in future jumps.
3. Conquer your Demon's authority is affected by strength; the stronger you are, the more authority you have, though there is a limit: unless you match or surpass Bel/Lucifer, you're not on their level. Combine it with the other two? Enough to make yourself a Lord of Chaos/Herald.
4. Messiah route only makes Awakening slower; it's still possible, but the Bels are fighting to prevent you from absorbing them. You DO get some holy power from God, though, just not a lot.
5. Yeah, that works. Just keep it in the same kind of categories SMT has(so no aliens unless they fall under a category) and you should be good.
Thank you for the questions! For reference full power Bel would most likely be level 108, much like YHVH.
>>
>>46220832
Are there any real differences between a normally awakened Bel and one with holy power?
>>
>>46220888
A normally awakened Bel will be able to call on the Beks for advice, and just generally get better at using their new powers faster. Bels with holy power can redeem the normally irredeemable, within limits(you might redeem Jafar, but not Griffin.), have an easier time speaking with divine powers, and an immunity to divine symbols, like crosses.
>>
>>46217809
Steven Universe.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XT13ijUfSts
If you don't feel like dancing, I think there is a perk in FFXIV for that.
>>
File: Gently.png (105 KB, 210x232) Image search: [Google]
Gently.png
105 KB, 210x232
>>46218800
>Gently let yoohoo down
Yeah, so how did that one go for y-

>>46218819
-ou destroyed everything from the fallout again didn't you? When you said gently let her down I was expecting breaking a young girl's heart figuratively, and not molecule by molecule tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down. Alas, poor Yuzu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7qrNccC6A
>>
>>46221339
I dimly remember Lucifer turns into a little girl at one point. Are you saying that Yuzu is Lucifer?
>>
File: Congrats Ajimu.gif (36 KB, 390x290) Image search: [Google]
Congrats Ajimu.gif
36 KB, 390x290
>>46221383
No. I'm saying ASA's fight with Lucifer going all out likely resulted in yet another planet's populace added to ASA's exterminatus counter. With a joke based on his post about letting Yuzu down and human extinction with fitting lyrics. If you look it up, you'd know the Lucifer you're thinking of is SMT 4 or Strange Journey...neither of which remotely resembles Yuzu Tanikawa. Besides, it's tradition for Lucifer's disguise to have some allusion to his name or titles.
>>
>>46221423
Eh, I'm sure they're fine. Worst case, God hits the reset button.
>>
>>46221423
Personally, I'm hoping that at some point he introduces himself as "a man of wealth and taste" and leaves it at that for the entire game.
>>
>>46221423

Actually if Lucifer isn't holding back as much the planet might be safe.

Sure that's mostly because if Lucifer isn't holding back he's probably spamming Megidoladynes at the stuff in ASA's world-body that's in another dimension instead of the avatar ASA uses to interact with normal reality, but the fight mostly taking place in another dimension would decrease the risk of damaging the local planet's population.
>>
>>46220832
>Lord of Chaos/Herald
Is there a thing like that in the SMT series?
>>
Would Gift of the Thousand Master put my Dragon Slaying Magic on par with Acnologia's!
>>
>>46221981
We don't know yet, if only because Fairy Tail isn't over and he might have even more up his sleeve.

Please just let it E.N.D.
>>
>>46221981
?*
>>
>>46221981
If not mybe being a bel would. At the very least maybe then natsu would have to listen to you.
>>
>>46222253
>being a bel
What's that?
>>
>>46222274
New shin megami devil survivor thing. Lets you command demons.
>>
In Bleach, if I take Deaf/New Recruit or just don't buy Shikai/Bankai, what will they be? Or will I just never have anything beyond a standard Zapakuto?
>>
>>46220938
Another Devil Survivor 1 question for you. Do the demons you get from The Lord let loose his wrath get added to Bel’s court, or would you still need your COMP to summon them? Also, does Bels and Whistles give you a Harmonizer effect, or is it more that you are so powerful you just don’t need it anymore? What about COMP upgrades like Custom COMP: Magic? I know these are probably rather silly questions, but it has been ages since I’ve played the game and I want to have my bases covered. I seem to remember that at the end of the game it says something like your COMP is redundant, or something to that effect.
>>
>>46222576
I believe you'd be able to develop your own over time? In which case, you can make something up yourself.

Not sure through. Bleach jump is kinda... yeah.
>>
>>46222746
Thanks. Is the guy who made it still around?
>>
>>46222786
No.
>>
File: memenojutsu.jpg (390 KB, 1600x1095) Image search: [Google]
memenojutsu.jpg
390 KB, 1600x1095
Jumpers what ninja ladies/bros did you pick up from the Naruto jump if any?
>>
>>46222897
Since I took MC-KUN/CHAN, I wound up recruiting Kakashi, Naruto and Satsuki (female Sasuke acquired through the 0CP version of fanfiction drawback, mostly because I wanted to mess with Hagoromo's mind by shipping her with Naruto). They make for some pretty strong companions, their help has really come in handy at times. Plus they're just rather nice people, after hammering Kakashi and Satsuki with therapy perks and Naruto with common sense ones.
>>
>>46222897
All of them.
It's not like they had any other option, since I ate their souls.
>>
Why the hell is the Copy-Copy Fruit only a tier 3 in One Piece if it lets you get any three other fruit powers and keep them as long as you want?
>>
>>46222897
Naruko, of course. Is there another choice?
>>
>>46221868
This is late, but Beelzebub, Asura, and others at their strongest(so Nocturne) are Lords of Chaos. The Archangels are Heralds.
>>46222729
Yes, they get added to Bel's court, brought in by Bel's power. Bels are simply powerful enough they don't NEED COMPs, and the Magi COMP just gives you an early start/upgrade.
>>
>>46223263
>This is late, but Beelzebub, Asura, and others at their strongest(so Nocturne) are Lords of Chaos. The Archangels are Heralds.

So, it's that title or you become a thing like the Chaos/Order Lords from DC?
>>
Did anyone else steal Ben Tens omnitrix in the gen Rex jump?
>>
>>46223296
Doesn't that result in a catastrophic, universe-obliterating explosion?
>>
>>46223295
It's a bit of both: SMT!Lucifer is the creator and master of Chaos, so he is basically the Lord Chaos of this multiverse. Beelzebub and his other lieutenants lean more towards demon lord, but they do control Chaos to a far lesser degree than their master. Bel was one of the ancient deities of Chaos, before Beelzebub and below only Lucifer. So I'd say yes, you're sort of a Chaos Lord like DC, but more of a demon lord.
>>
>>46223331
It can but Ben's been seen taking it off before. I just took over his mind and made him take it off. If that doesn't work for you I took his arm.
>>
>>46223263
Thank you for the answers. Really looking forward to seeing your future jumps.
>>
>>46223296
Ben 10 and Generator Rex are in the same universe?
I had no idea.
>>
>>46223450
No problem Anon, thanks for the compliment. Devil Survivor 2 should be ready to jump by tonight, and the two Digital Devil Saga games are next on my list. Then maybe SMT Nocturne, if no one else wants it.
>>
>>46223497

>Then maybe SMT Nocturne, if no one else wants it.

Any chance of an option to have the jump take place in one of the billions of other vortex worlds instead of the one shown in the game?
>>
>>46223496
They're not. But they have a crossover that's canon, so you could get to the Ben 10 universe from Generator Rex.
>>
>>46223296
Doesn't the universe rely on connecting to that planet full of DNA samples?
>>
>>46223562
Omnitrix not universe goddammit.
>>
>>46223537
I'm considering it. I'm thinking of maybe an alternate world with differrent reasons and demon sponsors. By the way, I'm also considering having one of the backgrounds to be the Demi-Fiend. Maybe with a chance to get your Spark via the True Demon ending.
>>
>>46223591
With jumper science a way around that could probably be found.
>>
>>46223381
Cool. It will fit with my build.
>>
>>46223597
Neat, getting to see some alternate Reasons would be fun. You might actually be able to use that for an End Jump scenario, too, getting your own Reason actualized and attaining cosmic power that way.
>>
>>46223635
You'll probably be limited to the kind of strength he had via gameplay, with cutscene/story implied power coming with the Spark.
>>46223646
That was the other Endgame scenario I was considering, though you would have to overpower your sponsor's will with your own.
>>
>>46223562
>>46223591
Depends on which version you have. The current Omnitrix has been upgraded to be independent of the Codon Stream. So either grab that version, or grab the original and modify it the same way Azmuth did.
>>
>>46221423
>resulted in yet another planet's populace added to ASA's exterminatus counter.

Everybody has one in the hundreds, it's not that big a deal.
>>
>>46223597
I'd love to see the True Demon Ending offering a spark. Maybe something you unlock during the post-ending battle?
>>
>>46223742
Oh lovely, another assumptuous dick.

Some of us try to avoid being interdimensional assholes, you know. I mean I know that's counter to your beliefs but not everyone sacrifices planets every jump for more power.
>>
>>46223762
Do you mean against the Great Will? Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, you'll need the Spark if you want to beat Him. Once that's over, you're free to do whatever you want. Heh, now that I think about it, it would be kind of funny considering DDS will have a drawback where you fight the Demi-Fiend and, if you win, you can grab a nerfed version of him as a companion.
>>
File: no hippies.jpg (64 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
no hippies.jpg
64 KB, 600x450
>>46223810
>>
>>46223742
I think mine is at three or so?
>>
>>46223810
Well then I guess you're just doing it wrong.
>>
File: PRAISE SOTEK.jpg (250 KB, 995x740) Image search: [Google]
PRAISE SOTEK.jpg
250 KB, 995x740
>>46223742
>implying I'm capable of Exterminatus

Granted, the Skaven would have deserved it, but I can't put out that kind of power yet.
>>
>>46223742
>Everybody has one in the hundreds, it's not that big a deal.

I don't. Even never annihilated a single planet or people completely.
>>
>>46223893
Not even an uninhabited planet, so you can harvest it for raw materials? Wow. That shows restraint. I'm impressed, anon. Good for you.
>>
>>46223866
>>46223875
>>46223893

And you call yourselves Jumpers, I mean really.
>>
>>46223915
>Not even an uninhabited planet, so you can harvest it for raw materials?

Now hold on son, if there's nothing alive on it and it won't fuck with any life-supporting planets I'll gladly rip it to shreds for personal gain.
That's what parallel universes are for; guilt free galactic strip-mining.
>>
>>46217449
has anyone made a Lucifer jump yet? (the TV series that came out recently, it's a cop show made better by the most chaotic neutral Lucifer I've ever seen)
pls don't rule 1 me my last jump was terrible and I don't think I can improve
>>
>>46223915
I myself just stick to asteroid fields, and alchemy + a matter conversion apparatus.
>>
>>46219051
Enjoy being afraid of everything
>>
>>46223824
Will DDS2 do the same with Satan?
>>
>>46222980
I like your style
>>
>>46224021
Yes, you'll have the option. I have to go for a bit, storm's rolling in. I'll e back in a couple of hours, probably like 1:00 at the latest.
>>
>>46223810
Not the guy but sometimes really some powers are worth burning an entire world for. Not all just some. Hell i might even go as far as use the Xanthite argument and say maybe the corruption of the soul and the deaths of millions would ring in one conscience forever but the need for victory exist to save all existance and carry on with our fight.
>>
>>46223296
Professor Paradox is back, wait for him to finish Ben 10 instead of doing exploits.
>>
>>46223893
You've no doubt slaughtered countless trillions of tiny fauna and microbes in your life. Hell, your body is murdering bacteria RIGHT NOW.
>>
File: sad clown.jpg (67 KB, 494x451) Image search: [Google]
sad clown.jpg
67 KB, 494x451
>>46224153
Oh my God, what have I DONE?!
I'M A MONSTER!!
>>
Will there ever be a Nuclear Throne or Gun Godz jump?
>>
What are the best jumps for empowering animal companions? (Without granting them human forms)
>>
>>46224541
Naruto has Nin-animal imports.
>>
File: Captain.png (13 KB, 384x283) Image search: [Google]
Captain.png
13 KB, 384x283
>>46224404
I'm working on one, slowly.

Still trying to see how to implement the IDPD background, considering the elites essentially just copy the powers of the playable characters. Definitely know that the Captain's going to be a companion option, though.
>>
>>46224541
Gene therapy.

Or resident evil viruses. Myself Im thinking of taking my crows and giving them harry potter magic and teaching them to croak spells.
>>
>>46223971
>The TV show
>The series continuation

Why do they have to this to Lucifer?
>>
In the Dresden Files if I pick Wizard, can I choose not to be part of the White Council? Because I want the extra bonuses of being a wizard, but being part of magical politics and the other shit that comes with being a member is something I'd rather avoid.
>>
>>46225000
it's Neil Gaiman's Lucifer, that's why
>>
File: 1458624535259.jpg (195 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
1458624535259.jpg
195 KB, 1024x1365
Speaking of demons, it's time to show us your demon form.
>>
>>46225079
>Being demonic scum
>>
File: happy osa.png (246 KB, 397x599) Image search: [Google]
happy osa.png
246 KB, 397x599
>>46225079
It's actually human, but nobody needs to know that.
>>
File: Cipher.png (128 KB, 265x402) Image search: [Google]
Cipher.png
128 KB, 265x402
>>46225079
Average day.
>>
>>46225158
Wut
>>
>>46222897
Orochimaru. He was my sensei and I Redeemed him.

I did it for two reasons. Because the idea of Orochimaru wearing a birthday hat for the Favoured Apprentice perk is god damn hilarious. And because one of my best friends is an Orochimaru fanboy.

>>46223742
I've done it twice mother fucker.
Once to Roach, and I don't think that counts
Once to Dark Eldar.

>>46223915
Strip Mining an Empty World counts? I take

>>46225079
Don't have a picture. But mine is the 'classic' Red guy, with horns, and in a nice suit. Think Demiurge from Overlord if he was red.
>>
File: iop.jpg (114 KB, 956x966) Image search: [Google]
iop.jpg
114 KB, 956x966
>>46225158
Iop > Osa
>>
>>46225271
People in Wakfu are humans that were changed by the gods they worship. They maintain human thought and sapience, and breed true humans.

So, you know, human species and human society, if not entirely human biology.
>>
Anywhere to get a shapeshifting weapon?
>>
File: magpie blushes.jpg (181 KB, 1112x999) Image search: [Google]
magpie blushes.jpg
181 KB, 1112x999
>>46225079
Which one?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.