[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Persona 2129 Quest #42
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: Persona_2129_OP.jpg (344 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Persona_2129_OP.jpg
344 KB, 1280x720
You are Takashi Wakui, a sixteen year old Japanese high school student. In your world, half of humanity possesses a Persona—the corporeal manifestation of one’s personality as a supernatural entity. You had been an unlucky ordinary at first, lacking the potential to summon your Persona. Then the application AETHER was forcibly installed on your smartphone. It sucked you into the nightmarish realm of the Blackened Void, where you fought monsters and awakened your Persona in the process.

You are now the Wild Card of the 22nd Century. You possess the Fool Arcana, giving you the power to draw strength from bonds and wield multiple Personas at once. Already this places you in great danger, as the Fool Arcana is seen as an impossibility by the common masses. Revealing your newfound power to the common world would immediately land your head on a dissection table. To make matters worse, you and several others have been cursed as the Void’s Chosen, fated to traverse the wastelands of the Blackened Void until the end of the game. For what purpose does AETHER exist, what mysteries lie within and how is victory achieved?

Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Persona%202129%20Quest
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TwilightThorn
Mechanics: http://pastebin.com/63VCK8Xx
Spell/Skill List: http://pastebin.com/5NYivMQd
Part One Recap: http://pastebin.com/i1VjfnyX

Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/DjxNr7GP
Persona List: http://pastebin.com/8x5BUYNi
Takashi's Stats: http://pastebin.com/kCgJU9XW
>>
File: night_bridge.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
night_bridge.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
<THE_FIRST> Welp it’s happening again
<chocolat_orange> right when the assignments are standing to ramp up too. :(
<chocolat_orange> would it kill for the game to give us some time off for once? let us relax, smell the flowers and eat some delicious puddings?
<THE_FIRST> Celeste
<THE_FIRST> God is dead and Kaede Kurusu killed him
<THE_FIRST> The quicker you accept it the better off you’ll feel
<THE_FIRST> It only took me a few weeks to get used to the fact that there was the entrance to a death world three blocks from my house
<chocolat_orange> yeah I know. :P
<chocolat_orange> that’s the best thing about online chatting. you can vent to anybody you like and they won’t know if you’re shouting or not.
<THE_FIRST> Please don’t actually be shouting
<THE_FIRST> The walls here aren’t as thick as you think
<chocolat_orange> don’t worry, takashi-kun. the only time i will be shouting is when the soap dramas i’m watching completely jumps the shark
<THE_FIRST> What a big relief
<Akagi21> do you insufferable pricks have something to talk about
<Akagi21> or are you going to waffle on like you always fucking do
<chocolat_orange> >:O hey, i take offense to that! just because i’m a more socially active person than you doesn’t mean you can accuse me of waffling!
<chocolat_orange> for starters, they’re not even my favourite dessert!
<Akagi21> what the everloving shitcrack does that have to do with anything
<THE_FIRST> Uh
<chocolat_orange> wow akikazu you sure are bad at picking up cues. also, i didn’t know swears like that existed.
<Akagi21> eat a dick tachibana
<chocolat_orange> ew :/
<Azure Scholar> Now that we all have released the daily crude juvenility from our systems, I propose we sit down and talk about new notification we have received.
<chocolat_orange> i’m lying on my bed though.
<Azure Scholar> That is not of my concern. Takashi, what are your thoughts?
>>
File: kaede_kurusu_CUUUUUUTE.jpg (132 KB, 850x820) Image search: [Google]
kaede_kurusu_CUUUUUUTE.jpg
132 KB, 850x820
<THE_FIRST> Eh not much
<THE_FIRST> It’s a mission in the Forgotten City
<THE_FIRST> My Sector
<THE_FIRST> Big quotation remarks
<THE_FIRST> Been a while since I got anything like that
<THE_FIRST> In the grand schemes of things this probably means something
<Azure Scholar> Most likely of the negative variety. We have not yet scratched the surface of the mighty glacier that is AETHER.
<Azure Scholar> Shall we be gathering together after classes tomorrow?
<THE_FIRST> Well it says the deadline is in four days
<THE_FIRST> So that gives us a little breathing room
<THE_FIRST> Maybe
<THE_FIRST> Maybe not
<Akagi21> because of whatever wild card bullshit you have to do right
<THE_FIRST> Uh
<THE_FIRST> Yeah
<THE_FIRST> I’m a lot different to you guys after all
<Akagi21> what the hell are you going to do anyways
<Akagi21> sacrifice a virgin
<Akagi21> sit in a bath made out of the blood of orphans
<Akagi21> eat a chunk of uranium
<Akagi21> cover yourself with a load of tattoos
<THE_FIRST> Um
<THE_FIRST> What the hell Akikazu
<chocolat_orange> wow somebody has been researching fool rumours on the Internet.
<Akagi21> i was curious okay
<Akagi21> don’t fucking look at me like that
<chocolat_orange> we aren’t face to face though
<Akagi21> shut the fuck up you damn well know what i mean
<Akagi21> theyre all bullshit anyways
<chocolat_orange> it could be worse though. it could’ve been WWDIF fiction
<THE_FIRST> The hell
<chocolat_orange> what would you do if a fool fiction. the title speaks for itself.
<chocolat_orange> even worse is WWDTF fiction. you know what that means, takashi-kun?
<THE_FIRST> Celeste how do you know all of this
<chocolat_orange> eheheh…
<chocolat_orange> i was bit of a nerd as a kid.
<Akagi21> yeah no shit
>>
File: 1451381537429.gif (186 KB, 511x394) Image search: [Google]
1451381537429.gif
186 KB, 511x394
>>46163867
>God is dead and Kaede Kurusu killed him
Pretty sure that was Nanashi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7FduDXerD4
>>
<THE_FIRST> WWDTF
<THE_FIRST> What does that mean
<THE_FIRST> …
<THE_FIRST> Oh mother fuck
<chocolat_orange> takashi-kun, have you ever looked up your predecessor on image search?
<THE_FIRST> Goddammit
<THE_FIRST> You’re doing this on purpose are you
<chocolat_orange> :P
<Azure Scholar> It seems our Leader has been given a crash course on the ‘troublesome’ section of the Internet concerning his unique abilities. It would be interesting to observe his reactions, but I believe we have more pressing matters at hand.
<THE_FIRST> Thanks Fumika
<chocolat_orange> but it was fun to tease him.
<THE_FIRST> No it bloody wasn’t
<Azure Scholar> Again, what will you do about the new notification?
<THE_FIRST> Treat it like any other notification
<THE_FIRST> I dunno
<THE_FIRST> It does say max priority though
<THE_FIRST> So don’t think I’m going to neglect it or anything
<Azure Scholar> It is also formatted differently to how a Player would normally enter. In that case, we shouldn’t presume that one will enter the game.
<chocolat_orange> oh boo, i was hoping to make a new friend.
<chocolat_orange> oh well.
<Akagi21> so
<Akagi21> what the hell do we do
<THE_FIRST> Be on guard
<THE_FIRST> In the Blackened Void prepare weapons
<THE_FIRST> Top up mana
<THE_FIRST> Buy equipment
<THE_FIRST> Standard stuff
<THE_FIRST> Until then just stay on standby
<chocolat_orange> okay, takashi-kun! can’t argue with the leader’s orders.
<Akagi21> got it
<Azure Scholar> We’ll be waiting for you. Proceed with the mission when you feel ready.
<THE_FIRST> Alright good night everyone
<THE_FIRST> See you tomorrow

>>Fumika: Send a message to Takashi.

<Azure Scholar> Once this new mission has been taken care of, there is something I would like to discuss with you.
<Azure Scholar> It involves the nature of the Blackened Void.
<Azure Scholar> Until then, I shall retire to my own work.
>>
File: Fever.jpg (54 KB, 480x356) Image search: [Google]
Fever.jpg
54 KB, 480x356
Guess what

I've got a fever

And the only prescription...
>>
File: cloudy_day.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cloudy_day.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>>Go to the next day.

[8:15 am, 30-May-2129 (MONDAY)]

You awaken to the beeps and screeches of the morning traffic, as usual. As you climb out of your bed, blinking away the sleepiness congealing at the sides of your eyes like sewer runoff, and put on your clothes, you notice a couple of other sounds mixed within the outside din. The gentle pitter-patter of rain hitting the window pane. Faint splashes from frantic drivers moving through puddles near the curb-side. Automated messages resonating like sirens, reminding the city residents to be careful of stray Shadows.

It looks like it’s going to be a chilly day. You decide to put on your academy jumper. The garment is black, as expected. It’s also itchy.

“Huh, it’s raining today…” Shizuka mentions over a breakfast of rice, fish and miso soup. “Takashi, you know what that means. Be careful out there, okay?”

“Nee-san, I have a Persona now and the walls of the city are plastered with enough protection sigils to wallpaper the entire block.” You reply. “I’ll be fine.”

“Oh, you never know. Accidents have happened to kids who were being too cocky. Also, remember the incident at Synth Central a couple of months ago?”

“I’m pretty sure that was a freak accident. Look, the chances of me dying to a Shadow are about as likely as a plane exploding.”

Omitting the fact that it already happened to you, of course. Kind of. It’s a grey area with AETHER. You aren’t certain whether or not that mysterious liquid seen at your entry to the Blackened Void killed you or not, but it sure as hell felt like it did.
>>
File: eriko_smiling.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eriko_smiling.jpg
108 KB, 1280x720
Shizuka continues to pester you with warnings until you put on your shoes and leave the apartment. The walk to the academy is like any day, except with a lot of more running through the rain and the lack of Celeste at your side. She’s either sleeping in or left her apartment earlier—you don’t care, because you’re jumping on the train and scrambling for the last empty seat in the carriage.

The moment you step outside the District 2 train station is the moment the rain truly begins to fall. Heavy droplets descend upon the city, splattering against the pavement like balloons full of paint. You activate Stride and relish in the raw mana pumping through your legs. Then you almost trip over a sheet of wrapping plastic the wind had cunningly positioned there.

Anschuetz-sensei waits at the front gate, umbrella in hand and unfazed at the downpour around her. You avoid eye contact and push through the crowd to the main classroom building. At long last, relief. You head upstairs to the second floor and are just about to round the corner when you hear somebody approach.

You barely stop in time. So does the other person, ceasing her movements that seems graceful and refined to your clumsy footsteps.

“Oh, I almost hit you there.” Eriko Ozaki, the student council president, gives you a nod and a small smile. Her clothes are completely dry. It is only the faint, moist sheen of her long black hair that tells you she also arrived to the academy in the rain. “Good morning, Takashi Wakui.”

>“Good morning, president.”
>[WILLPOWER] “Hello, Eriko.” (Rank 4: Confident recommended).
>“Is it okay for me to be talking to you like this?”
>“I’m surprised you remembered my name.”
>Custom option.
>>
>>46163936
It'd be a bad idea to put this off either way. Have a feeling we are going to be in for a rough ride. Maybe stock up with med kits, supplies, armor, and the like.

Side note: Once we DO deal with this, I recommend we do some of those study classes mum talked about at the end of act 1. Could give us some nice int and study bonuses for the exams. Better to get Int 4 soon as possible after all. Maybe do some duels at school to get those last bits of combat experience before entering the forgotten city?
>>
>>46164018
>>“Good morning, president.”
>what's this about?
>>
>>46164018
>>[WILLPOWER] “Hello, Eriko.” (Rank 4: Confident recommended).
Time to get that last bit of C. EXP we need for a Level Up. Hopefully.
>>
>>46164018
Try some of that willpower out. If I recall, doing these can give us exp.. which means we could get that strength right now.
>>
>>46164018
>“Good morning, president.”
>>
>>46164018
>>
>>46164018
Go for Gainz
>>
File: THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION.png (160 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION.png
160 KB, 480x357
>>46163974
IS MORE WRITEFAGGOTRY TWEET TWEET HELP ME I WANT TO STOP BUT I CAN'T

http://pastebin.com/4ihGSA7J
>>
>>46164018
>[WILLPOWER] “Hello, Eriko.”
Don't be a beta faggot
>>
>>46164018
>>
>>46164193
The sheer amount I sympathize with Takashi here is terrifying
>>
>>46164193
YES

HELL FUCKING YES

Also writing now...
>>
>>46163936
>WWDTF
What?
>>
>>46164444
I was beginning to think I was the only one who had no idea what it meant.
>>
>>46164444
What Would you Do TO a Fool.

>>46164395
I tried to stop but I couldn't.
>>
>>46164444
what would do to fool?

You fuck them
>>
>>46164193
Wonderful, simply wonderful.

>>46164491
>>46164497
Celeste Agrees
>>
File: takashi_surprised2.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
takashi_surprised2.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
“Good morning, pres—”

A thought hits you before you can finish your sentence and lock you down a certain path. What if you called the student council president by her first name? She’s familiar with Akikazu, and Akikazu is your friend, so that means you have earned the right to address Eriko in a casual manner…right? She may be one of the most respected students in the school and an A-ranked Judgement user, quite possibly the strongest girl of her generation, but that doesn’t mean you can’t act all friendly around her. Besides, this is how all those visual novels go. The unlucky protagonist calls the school queen by her first name, causing a series of misunderstandings which makes the two familiar, ultimately setting him down the path to her route.

You don’t have any intention of romancing Eriko, but since visual novels are based off real life it means you’ll be able to proceed without being fried to a crisp by a lightning bolt. It’s entirely within reason, because you are the Wild Card and doing outlandish things is what you were born for. There’s nothing wrong about it. You are going to say hello to the student council president like you’re a close friend. It's going to be so easy!

It’s possible that you may have a brain tumor.

You’re doing it anyway.

>Roll 1d20 to call Eriko Ozaki by her first name.
>Best out of three.
>>
>>46164040
Well, grinding our way to where we can take the House Assistant job might be worth it, but after that I think we might want to work on our Social Links. This isn't actually a Persona vidya; we're not going to be able to max our stats and then start over on New Game + to go for the stuff we missed while we were grinding.
>>
File: 1458185867757.png (116 KB, 263x568) Image search: [Google]
1458185867757.png
116 KB, 263x568
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>46164627
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>46164627
Is this really something terrifying?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>46164627
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>46164627
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>46164627
Rolling.
>>
File: student_council_president.png (595 KB, 662x551) Image search: [Google]
student_council_president.png
595 KB, 662x551
Rolled 3, 4, 1 = 8 (3d20)

>>Eriko: Roll unconsciously (Best out of three).
>>
>>46164627
I see that Takashi just lost his mind briefly, I'm sure we'll be fine right guys?
>>
>>46164663
ahahahaha
She dropping her spaghetti, then?
>>
File: 1442443368051.gif (121 KB, 180x288) Image search: [Google]
1442443368051.gif
121 KB, 180x288
>>46164663
>1
>>
>>46164663
Wow, can she critfail this?
>>
>>46164663
Ha ha. What?

She's either going to punch us in the face or break down crying.
>>
Yellingbird's Fact of the Day:

Aria von Wittelsbach was (indirectly) mentioned all the way back in Thread 13, when Takashi heard the following on TV:

>“…Von Wittelsbach family organizes new charity...have not yet made statement of children attending…”

>>46164663
I think we impressed her. It's probably been a very long time since anybody has ever talked to her so casually, seeing as most of the student body worships her.
>>
>>46164663
So she absent-mindedly confessed her love for Akkun, realized what she just said, and underwent thermonuclear blushsplosion?
>>
>>46164715
Twilight you sneaky bitch!
>>
>>46164636
I agree with you that social links are important, though we need to plan smart as well. If we can study better, we could cut down overall time used or go for the big bonuses and thus big rewards. Building up school reputation could also unlock possibilities. Means to improve social links, methods to grow, maybe even new social links earlier than possible.

As for stats, I do think Willpower and Int should be a primary focus. Charisma is more a 'when it shows up' sort of thing, and understanding is boosted so it can level nicely as well. Besides, fighting students now can give us experience fighting other persona users when the time comes.
>>
>>46164715
Aria a cute.
>>
File: 1455718314725.jpg (58 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1455718314725.jpg
58 KB, 500x364
>>46164752
>Charisma is more a 'when it shows up' sort of thing,
>>
>>46164715
Yeah, about that.

The Wittelsbachs are genuine nobility. As in, "their family ruled Bavaria for nearly a millennium" nobility. It doesn't mean as much as it would have a few centuries ago, but she comes by that 'von' in her name honestly.
>>
>>46164715
Nice fact. I also agree with you on the fact she is probably both surprised and excited someone talked to her casually. Half expecting her facade to fade as she tries to make us 'besties'.

And of course, the rumor mill churn as always.
>>
>>46164814
It does not show up often, and our sources tend to be linked with other things such as social links. Compared to int where we get it from studying(which we need to do) and Willpower, which we get from punching things and being manly, it is not a common thing.
>>
File: Wittelsbach.png (520 KB, 2000x2200) Image search: [Google]
Wittelsbach.png
520 KB, 2000x2200
>>46164822
Oh shit, it's true.
>>
>>46164822
>It doesn't mean as much as it would have a few centuries ago

You don't know that. For all way know it could mean more now.

Are you going to watch the Clinton coronation?
>>
>>46164895
CK2 is occasionally an educational experience.
>>
>>46164193
I envy your ability to create such a continuous font of OC
>>
“Hello, Eriko.”

There you said it. It’s out of your mouth, the words hanging in the air like the vapors from a boiling pot. No going back now. Eriko looks at you, her expression neutral. Dread grows in your soul with every passing moment. You begin to feel more and more like an utter idiot. Your mind spins, as if trapped in a centrifuge. An image passes through your mind. It is of you being chased around the academy courtyard by the entire student council. What the bloody hell had you been thinking? You know how insane the rumor mill in Akumachi-Kirijo can get!

Then Eriko burps.

It’s a small one, as expected from such a refined girl. She covers her mouth with her hand to stifle the gas escaping her lungs. But it doesn’t matter. It’s a belch, a hiccup, a gulp of air…whatever you want to call it. The fact that the infallible student council president would even do something like that is shocking to you.

“Ah, forgive me. I didn’t mean to do that.” She says, “You see, I pulled an all-nighter last night doing school paperwork and kept myself going with a pack of energy drinks. The result of that is clear. I really should stop doing that.”

“Okay…?” You mumble. “Glad to know, president.”

Wait a minute. This is wrong! This is all wrong! Is this a dream?

“Anyway, how are you, Takashi Wakui? Has the academy been treating you well? On top of all your studies?”

“Uh yeah, I guess it has. Thanks for asking, president.” You reply, nodding, still a little stunned inside.

Eriko laughs, high and cheerful. “You can keep using my first name. I don’t mind. In fact, more people should do that. They always call me ‘president’ or ‘Eriko-sama’, but I’m not some monster hiding under a bridge, you know. I’m a perfectly normal girl, too.”

>“Normal girls don’t punch other kids into walls.”
>“They don’t want to be mauled.”
>“Okay, I’ll call you by your first name from now on.”
>“I think I should more respectful towards you. Sorry for that.”
>“Like Akikazu? Sure.”
>Custom option.
>>
>>46165037
>>“Normal girls don’t punch other kids into walls.”
but
>>
>>46165037
>“Like Akikazu? Sure.”
>Custom option
"What about you? How's life?"

We do get C. EXP for that, right?
>>
>>46165037
>>
>>46165037
>>
>>46165067
Seconding this.

Methinks that she wants off the pedestal that her position and her fellow classmates have put her on.
>>
>>46165037
>Custom option.
Agree then ask if she wants to hang out some time she's not so busy

Social links GO
>>
>>46165037
>“Normal girls don’t punch other kids into walls.”

I'll be honest here, was not expecting the burp, kudos to you Twilight for surprising me.
>>
>>46165037
>“But all those other people, they just don’t want to be mauled, I think. Everyone's kind of scared of you, you know. Kind of like how they're scared of Akikazu, except in completely the opposite way."
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0fly1eKZgmY
>>
File: 1455220527356.jpg (153 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1455220527356.jpg
153 KB, 1280x853
>>46163815
Woo! More Persona
>>
>>46165037
>>
>>46165212
I'm glad my supervisor wasn't sitting here like she usually is because I laughed like a little girl at that
>>
>>46165037
>>“Okay, I’ll call you by your first name from now on.”
>>
File: 1456799514328.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1456799514328.gif
904 KB, 500x532
>>46165212
What would the batteries even do?
>>
>>46165374
Clearly react with the batteries in the other persons asshole.
>>
>>46165374
Keeps him powered like a shredded sick cunt, judging from the filename.

Speaking of, I'm about to go lift for Akikazu. Here's hoping I don't die.
>>
>>46165402
Man I've done some gay stuff, but never has the inside of my asshole come in contact with the inside of someone else asshole.
>>
>>46165419
Akikazu believes in you Anon!
>>
>>46165448
You've obviously never mastered The Shining Dragon.
>>
>>46165212
>posting an image more interesting than your OC

I bet you feel stupid, making such a classic blunder.
>>
“Normal girls don’t punch other kids into walls.” You reply, hoping to god this doesn’t piss her off.

“Yes, but we live in a world where the supernatural has integrated itself with the norm. Thus, it all balances out. Besides, my opponents in the arena knew what they were getting into.” Eriko smiles, not looking the slightest bit displeased. “It’s also not a crime to refer this student council president by her first name, so carry on, Takashi Wakui.”

You shrug your shoulders. If the shoe fits, then who are you to complain? “Okay, I’ll call you by your first name from now on.”

She nods. “I appreciate it. It’ll be a nice change. Oh, but I think you need permission from me before everyone else accepts it. Very well, then.” Eriko clears her throat, then jabs her finger in your direction like a dictator sending a traitor to the gallows. “I, Eriko Ozaki, Akumachi-Kirijo’s student council president, hereby grant you permission to call me by my first name, without title or honorifics.”

She claps her hands and grins. “There, all settled. Knowing my luck, everyone will know before sundown. Now, then, what was the other thing I wanted to talk to you about…”

She pauses for a moment, before her face lights up. “Ah, yes, you’re in FALCO house, correct? This might be too much to ask of you, considering you’re busy with two clubs and studies, but would you mind lending Yoshino a hand?”

“You know her?” You ask.

“I’m friends with all the House Leaders. Yoshino is a selfless worker, but sometimes she tries to shoulder too much by herself. I would certainly appreciate it if you could help her out as a House Assistant.”

“I tried doing that, but she said she didn’t need anybody.”

At the mention of this, Eriko sighs, frowns and puts her hands on her hips. “I expected that. Honestly Yoshino, no man is an island. You need the help. Well, it’s a good thing I’m here! Takashi Wakui, if you tell her I sent you, she won’t be able to refuse.”
>>
>>46164193
Extreme snoring is a sign of breathing problems, one that lowkey strains your brain as you sleep because it's not getting enough oxygen. Not a good thing at all when you need to be in peak physical condition for combat.
>>
File: takashi_anticipation2.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
takashi_anticipation2.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
With the burden of AETHER notifications, homework and club commitments weighing down on your back, you can’t exactly jump at Eriko’s command. You rub the back of your next and say, “I’ll see what I can do. No promises.”

“Thank you. I’m glad you heard me out.”

The morning bell the rings, causing you and her to look skywards.

“I’m off, then. See you around, Takashi Wakui.” She says.

“Bye president—I mean, Eriko.”

She gives you another smile and heads up the stairs to the third year floor. Halfway there, she turns around and speaks again.

“Oh, please don’t tell Rinako I pulled an all-nighter. She’ll bite my head off if she finds out. Let’s keep what I said earlier a secret between the two of us, okay?”

Eriko then leaves for real this time.

>Your INTELLIGENCE has increased by 6 points!
>Your UNDERSTANDING has increased by 6 points!
>Your CHARISMA has increased by 6 points!
>Gained 7.50 C. EXP!
>45.50 /40.00 C. EXP reached. LEVEL UP acquired with 13% overflow. Minor boost acquired. Select your upgrades below.

[Choose only one]
>Increase STRENGTH to D-.
>Increase DEXTERITY to D-.
>Increase MAGIC POTENTIAL to D.
>Increase ENDURANCE to D.
>Increase AGILITY to D-.
>Increase LUCK to B-.
>Save it for later.
>>
File: asian tinytrip.png (500 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
asian tinytrip.png
500 KB, 800x449
>>46165419
become aesthetic like Takashi anon
>>
>>46165530
>>
>>46165530
>>Save it for later.
>>
>>46165530
>>Increase LUCK to B-.
>>
>>46165530
>>Save it for later.
come on, is it really so hard to just see what the higher overflow tiers are like?
>>
>>46165530
>>Save it for later.
>>
>>46165530
>Save it for later.
>>
File: 1442092505047.png (248 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442092505047.png
248 KB, 500x500
>>46165508
>everyone will know before sundown.
>>
>>46165530
>Save it for later.
>>
>>46165530
>>Save it for later.
>>
>>46165530
>>
>>46165530
>>Increase MAGIC POTENTIAL to D.
>>
>>46165530
>Save it for later.
>>
>>46165530
Aether said something important is happening otherwise I'd save it.
>>
>>46165530
>STRENGTH

we need it to get nerve strike finally. It'd be handy to use and our magic fist works on both strength and magic.
>>
>>46165530
>Increase LUCK to B-.
>>
>>46165532
Is it bad that Arararararargi has motivated me to do more exercising than anything else?
>>
>>46165652
Absolutely not. As a manlet he's literally my goal body.
>>46165451
I can't let best boy down!
>>
>>46165530
Unlock that skill book.
>>
>>46165652
Wonder what he's training regime is like.
>>
>>46165530
>>>Increase MAGIC POTENTIAL to D.
>>
>>46165708
Be quasi-vampire 1xF every day.
>>
>>46165530
Time to get Killing Hands.
>>
>>46165530
muh gains
>>
>>46165753
Actually, no, changing this to
>Save it for later
We'll probably get more C. EXP from this new notification, and we can use THAT to increase our Strength.
>>
File: 354235324532532.png (62 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
354235324532532.png
62 KB, 1024x576
>>46165708
This a few times each week.
>>
>>46165530
>>Save it for later.
>>
>>46165793
Why? Wouldn't having the extra strength and ability be more useful if we are going up against a boss? Why risk it?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>46165841
RNG favors the bold!
>>
>>46165866
No it doesn't.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>46165882
Yes it does!
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>46165882
Best of 3 fag
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>46165889
Seems like fortune doesn't favor you.
>>
File: YHVHplz.jpg (98 KB, 450x391) Image search: [Google]
YHVHplz.jpg
98 KB, 450x391
>>46165889
>>
>>46165889
No, it really doesn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 800x437
>>46165889
>>
>>46165889
>>46165898
No, it does not. It seems to hate being bold quite a bit apparently.
>>
>>46165212
Do you have a YouTube channel or something
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>46165909
Maybe they favor Celeste?
>>
File: Gabby is not amused.png (589 KB, 612x726) Image search: [Google]
Gabby is not amused.png
589 KB, 612x726
>>46165889
>>
>>46165985
Once more, Celeste confirmed for best girl.
>>
>>46165212
You are good enough to do professional voiveover work
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>46165998
What about Brosaragi?
>>
>>46165985
apparently they do.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>46165985
Signs point to yes.

>>46166015
Jesus, wow. Fumika?
>>
>>46165985
Celeste's Celestes bring victory.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>46166015
>>46165985
Goddamit, what about Fumika?
>>
>>46165889
>>46165985
Yellingbird writes a story of our suffering at Celeste's hands and then this happens. Goddamnit.
>>
>>46165985
>>46166015
>>46166027
What. Is. HAPPENING?
>>
>>46165985
>>46166015
>>46166027
What the fuck.
>>
>>Takashi: Save the upgrade for later.

You enter the classroom. You sit down in your chair, take out your books and start doing the last remnants of your maths homework. It’s all about asymptotes and the way the relate to truncus graphs with varying constants. Therefore, it’s so easy you have a hard time picking up why Celeste struggles so much with the subject.

“Morning, Takashi-kun!”

“Good day.”

“…yo.”

“Hey, man!”

Your friends file in. You greet them. Veleis-sensei strides in, acts like the fun police and puts a stop to the chitchat. She calls the roll and does the opening homeroom reminders about how wet it is outside and why littering trash in this weather is a disgrace upon one’s family.

Then her husband walks in, carrying a lunch box wrapped in cloth.

“Veleis!” Sachi Watanabe calls. “You forgot your lunch again…”

“Sachi!” Veleis’s cheeks burn like an inferno. “How many times have I told you…”

“I understand, I understand.” Sachi raises his hands and backs out, grinning at his wife. “I’ll leave you to it. By the way, I couldn’t find your normal wrapping cloth so I covered the box in the ones with ducks and flowers. You were saying how cute they were last night so I thought it was approiate.”

The class erupts into giggles. Veleis-sensei trembles on the spot and she barks at her husband to leave. He obeys, but not before teasing his wife further.

“Look, my dear wife, I know you didn't have a childhood because you were born in a factory. You have to understand that just because you’re an android doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with the more childish things in life. It's natural. Didn’t that author you like to read about say something along those lines?”

“Get. Out.”

You, however, are distracted by something else. It is the empty seat next to you.

Seems like Aria is absent today…

>“Whatever, it isn’t my problem.”
>“I hope she’s alright.”
>“Is it because of how I reacted to her art?”
>“It’s going to be lonely without her.”
>“…”
>Custom option.
>>
>>46165985
>>46166015
>>46166027
Apparently our teammates have taken all our luck.
>>
File: 1445814838766.jpg (21 KB, 443x443) Image search: [Google]
1445814838766.jpg
21 KB, 443x443
>>46165985
>>46166015
>>46166027
STOP WASTING ALL THE 20S
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46166027
>>46166015
>>46165985
I... don't understand. Does that mean they are all best?
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>46166027
V-Veleis-sensei?
>>
>>46166053
>“I hope she’s alright.”
>>
File: Takashi what even.jpg (123 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Takashi what even.jpg
123 KB, 1600x900
>>46165889
>>46165985
>>46166015
>>46166027
Holy shit.

>>46166053
>>“I hope she’s alright.”
She's in the school dorms, right? We should check on her before going to the Void.
>>
>>46165985
>>46166015
>>46166027
Takashi has the BEST friends

>>46166053
>“I hope she’s alright.”
>>
>>46166076
How are we ever supposed to choose now!?
>>
>>46166053
>“It’s going to be lonely without her.”
>>
>>46166082
Okay, the pattern is broken. Though she's still very good.
>>
>>46166053
>“I hope she’s alright.”
>>
>>46166053
>Custom option
Ask Veleis-sensei if she wants us to take Aria's work to her, since it looks like she's out sick.
>>
>>46166053
>“I hope she’s alright.”
>>
File: pose of giving up hope.png (159 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pose of giving up hope.png
159 KB, 640x360
>>46166082
>>46166027
>>46166015
>>46165985
>Dice love everybody but Takashi
>>
>>46166053
>“I hope she’s alright.”
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>46166057
>>46165419
Rolling for anon's gains :^)
>>
>>46166053
>>
>>46166053
>>46166118
Ooh I like this. She probably would've asked us anyway but this'll give us brownie points.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>46165985
>>46166015
>>46166027

We need to go deeper. Rolling for Big Sis
>>
>>46166053
>“I hope she’s alright.”
>>
>>46166157
Mother of God. Takauji?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 598x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 598x522
>>46166006
Nah, I need to learn how to act first. I just do these things by the seat of my pants.
>>
>>46166053
>“I hope she’s alright.”
>>
>>46166118
I can agree with this along with
>I hopes she's alright.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>46166176
Let's see
>>
>>46166053
I should go check on her later.
>>
>>46166204
How does this keep happening?!
>>
Who sucked the dice gods dick today?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>46166204
Okay this is getting scary. I forgot my dice, so here's Kanami.
>>
>>46166217
Apparently not Takashi
>>
File: tumblr_nsy25tzGmH1udwanoo1_400.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsy25tzGmH1udwanoo1_400.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>46166204
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>46166204
Jesus. Surely Yone breaks the streak, right?
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>46166217
Everyone but Takashi, apparently.
>>
>>46166204
He's Best boy too? Dear gods, what is even going on here!
>>
>>46166217
I don't know, but I'm sure it's going to end the moment we actually need one of these rolls.
>>
What the actual shit. I think we stole all of akuns good dice
>>
>>46166231
Okay, and Takashi got his groove back.
>>
>>46166231
... Okay dice gods. We've got your message loud and clear. We're sorry.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>46166231
How about goddamn Death the Kid?
>>
>>46166222
Good, fuck Kanami
>>
>>46166053
>>
>>46166053

>>
>>46166027
This is the second time Fumika has had a critical success in one of these bullshit rolls.
>>
Rolled 5, 16, 19 = 40 (3d20)

Rolling for TT, Yellingbird, and Voicefag/HorribleDubs.

Surely they know 3D is PD.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 250x187
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>46166231

R-rolling for Laurence?
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

Rolling for Chikashi
>>
I figure moot is fucking with us.
>>
File: YELLINGBIRD.gif (14 KB, 196x196) Image search: [Google]
YELLINGBIRD.gif
14 KB, 196x196
In the absence of any other evidence, the obvious conclusion is that the dice gods loved my story. I thus take full credit for the divine blessing on this thread, and permit you all to bow before me, the most favored servant of the Holy Icosahedron. I am the One and I am the Twenty. Praise me.
>>
>>46166294
so.. the dice gods hate TT, but they love akashi stuff. Now I know what path we must take, to prevent the dark future of White Day. Akashi route, all day, everyday.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>46166350
...eh, can't argue with that logic.

Rolling for the Velvet Twins.
>>
>>46166352
>Narcissistic route

Nice.
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (127 KB, 1055x959) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
127 KB, 1055x959
Rolled 18 (1d20)

The chain has been broken! Last Word help Takashi.
>>
>>46166385
Shit, as expected.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

Rollin for Akikazu
>>46166385
Yeah, fuck 'em!
>>
>>46166183
>implying you need to be able to act to be in an anime dub
>>
>>46166430
Brosaragi got the dice gods' blessing here >>46166015
>>
>>46166350
Just shut up and write some Fumika smut
>>
wow look at all these dice being rolled it's not like you're going to need them in the future
nope
not at all
please continue having fun
>>
>>46166430
we already rolled for him. It was a 20. Now stop spamming the thread. We still have a lot to do.
>>
File: 1451073985520.jpg (221 KB, 1070x723) Image search: [Google]
1451073985520.jpg
221 KB, 1070x723
>>46166463
>>
>>46166471
>>46166453
Sorry. Missed that.
>>
File: afternoon_school.png (125 KB, 500x231) Image search: [Google]
afternoon_school.png
125 KB, 500x231
“I hope she’s alright.” You mutter to yourself.

Maybe she’s got a cold or something and can’t come to school. Well, there’s not like you can do much about it. Aria’s not unintelligent, so she should be fine missing a day from school. For now, you’ll keep your head down, listen to Veleis-sensei’s flustered speeches and concentrate on your work.

It feels off not having Aria here, though...

[4:00 pm, 30-May-2129 (MONDAY)]

School is over. What will you do?

>Call the team to the Blackened Void. (MAX PRIORITY mission on standby)
>Study in the library. (Increases INTELLIGENCE)
>Go to the gym. (Increases WILLPOWER, trains self)
>Go talk to Yoshino Sagisawa.
>Attend martial arts club. (Lovers S-Link)
>Wander around the city. (Random encounter)
>Custom option.
>>
>>46166463
That's not how the dice work and you know it. I mean, our luck will still fail the moment we need it, but not because we wasted all the good rolls here. We'd roll terrible on the important parts whether we rolled well beforehand or not.
>>
>>46166294
>you will never have a voice so smooth you seduce RNG
>>
>>46166498
>>
>>46166498
>>Call the team to the Blackened Void. (MAX PRIORITY mission on standby)
>>
>>46166498
>Go talk to Yoshino Sagisawa.
>>
>>46166498
>>Go talk to Yoshino Sagisawa.
then
>>
>>46166498

Time's a-wastin'. We gotta head off to the abyss!
>>
>>46166498
Go go go
>>
>>46166498
Talk to Yoshino. Hit the Blackened Void tonight.
>>
>>46166498
>Attend martial arts club. (Lovers S-Link)
>>
>>46166498
There's usually nothing to do on rainy days anyway
>>
>>46166498
We /VOID/ niggas
>>
>>46166498
This is probably important.
>>
>>46166525
This.
>>
>>46166498
May our endeavors be blessed by the fickle favor of the Holy Icosohedron. In the name of the One, and of the Two, and the Three, and the Four, and so on until the Twenty, amen.
>>
>>46166498
Backing >>46166525
>>
>>46166498
>>
>>46166498
It is MAX PRIORITY for a reason. Also what the fuck happened with the dice today?
>>
>>46166498
>>Attend martial arts club. (Lovers S-Link)
no homo
>>
>>46166525
Backing this if we have time to do both, otherwise just head straight to the void
>>
>>46166498
Get this done now. The fact it is in our zone can mean a possible siege or the like, so get supplies and plan accordingly.
>>
>>46166525
Backing this>>46166498
>>
>>46166674
Same, if we can do both. Surely the conversation cant be that long ?
>>
File: blackened_void_sector_zero.jpg (72 KB, 900x529) Image search: [Google]
blackened_void_sector_zero.jpg
72 KB, 900x529
<THE_FIRST> Let’s go everyone
<chocolat_orange> okay!
<Akagi21> cool
<Azure Scholar> As you wish.

You meet with your team at the school gates and leave for District 5. Together, you enter through the ornate door and step out into the ruined streets of the Forgotten City.

“We’re taking care of that max priority notification, right?”

“Yeah. I need to take care of some shopping first, though.”

>Current Macca: 104250
>Shop: http://pastebin.com/2AnTjd2m
>Remember that you can sell items to Quinn…
>>
I say we start blackmailing recruits to help out Yoshino or something.

OR

Find the stereotypical school newshound, promise to fund her broadsheets printing costs if she helps out Yoshino and have her start a recruitment campaign

Then a team of classmates can help yoshino out. Bonus points if newshound can be an actually efficient and ruthless consigliere
>>
>>46166917
Can we get the broken laser pistol fixed so Fumika can use it?
>>
>>46166136
Fuck you. I failed OHP because of you, you massive faggot.
>>
>>46166941
We don't need to, Fumika already picked up one of her spares. No good shadowrunner only has one gun.
>>
>>46166917
Fix the laser pistol, get some healing items and sell the High-Cut Armor
>>
>>46166941
Yes, but it'll cost you 50,000 Macca.
>>
>>46166977
I thought that nobody would buy it.
>>
>>46166980
And is it better than what Fumika has right now?
>>
>>46166917
Go for the medical supply combo and pay our share of 50k. We could use them and space will not be an issue if we use our safe house properly.
>>
>>46167054
More damage, but the projectiles are slower.
>>
>>46166917
Sell High cut armor

Invest in the SPECIAL DEAL

et Fumika that pistol if she's missing a gun
>>
>>46166917
Buy the Mysterious Token and sell our old Brass and Iron Knuckledusters. Do it in that order, since the Mysterious Token costs 40% of current Macca, rather than a fixed cost, so it's best to buy before selling anything. If we do purchase other items today, do that purchasing first so as to drive the Mysterious Token's cost down further.
>>
>>46167099
Very good idea. Seconding buying Mysterious Token last.
>>
>>46167099
It's better to use up all our money and then buy the token then sell our items.
>>
>>46167075
I wish to combine this with >>46167099. The mysterious item can be handy and we do need more medicine. Fumika should be fine for now with her faster but weaker gun.
>>
>>46167133
Yes, that's what I'm saying. But Quinn's deals are a one time only offer, so if we want to buy the pendant we need to do it now.
>>
>>46167099
I cant really visualize this. I(f we buy the MT first, it costs more. What's the math ?
>>
>>46167144
>faster but weaker gun.
Need clarification from Thorn, as he said the PROJECTILES are slower, not the reload.
I think he means reload anyway, just want to know.
>>
>>46167220
if we buy the thing first, it costs 40% of what we have. Then we sell the items we don't need to boost our money. If we sell first it would ALSO include the money we got from selling our gear in the calculations.
>>
>>46167220
The Mysterious Token's cost is listed as 40% of our current budget. If Thorn was saying that it's 40% of our budget at this particular time, he'd just list its cost as 41700 Macca. So I'm assuming that it's a variable cost, and the less money we have the less the Token costs. If we have less money on us, the Token costs less, and buying more things first means we reduce its cost and get to have nice things in addition.
>>
You will...
-Accept Eiko's Deal
then...
-Buy the Mysterious Token
then...
-Sell the Iron and Brass Knuckledusters.
then, if there's enough Macca remaining...
-Repair the Broken Plasma Pistol and give it to Fumika.

Is this correct?
>Yes.
>No.
>>
>>46166917
Buy Ring 70k
Buy 1 basic medkit
Buy 1 medium medkit 8+12=20k
Buy 1 EMP grenade 10k

Sell Burnt Idol
Sell High cut Armor
Sell Fumika's Old Clothes(to have the cybernetics shop research the goop)
Sell 1 Olive Branch
>>
>>46167361
Yes. This deal works.
>>
>>46167361
>Yes.
>>
>>46167371
and buy Mysterious Token before selling

add Iron knuckles to Sell, but not Brass.
>>
>>46167361
>Yes.
>>
>>46167361
Fumika can buy her own weapons right?
>>
>>46167371
Nah, we can get more 114 goop whenever we want. Fumika's clothes are her own disgusting personal project, let her have it.
>>
>>46167361
>-Repair the Broken Plasma Pistol and give it to Fumika.
Check if it is possible to do that BEFORE buying the mysterious token.
>>
>>46167361
>>Yes.

>>46167417
This is a good point. What has everybody else been buying, anyway? What's their loadout?
>>
>>46167431
I'm pretty sure she didn't want her clothes back either.
>>
>>46167488
She doesn't. But she does want to watch and see what happens to them.
>>
Really, with the way this token is, I am sort of expecting it to be a sort of gamble with the money put into it as the bet. Like a coin toss. Double or nothing.
>>
Does /tg/ ever not pick the mystery box.
>>
>>46167658
BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD BE IN THE BOX?
>>
>>46167679
IT COULD BE A WAIFU, YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'VE WANTED ONE OF THOSE
>>
>>46167679
LET'S PUT ON THE MASK
LET'S PUT ON THE CROWN
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
>>
>>46167789
I get the mask but what's this about a crown?

It's the same quest sin't it?
>>
>>46167821
Yes. We were lucky enough to get good rolls for the crown otherwise it would fuck things up permanently.
>>
>>46167821
>We were lucky enough to get good rolls
More like 'Spend Vys to not die'
>>
File: 1455165086174.png (27 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
1455165086174.png
27 KB, 186x208
>>46167889
>We were lucky enough to get good rolls for the crown otherwise it would fuck things up permanently.
>>
>>46167889
>>46167909

Even time I hear a new story I'm glad I stopped reading
>>
File: haha how is cyberbullying real.png (952 KB, 952x992) Image search: [Google]
haha how is cyberbullying real.png
952 KB, 952x992
>>46167658
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1bEcrOY2NoL

My Osaragi is in poor shape tonight.
>>
>>46167937
Banished Quest
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.