[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: Drakesworn Templar.jpg (646 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Drakesworn Templar.jpg
646 KB, 1536x2000
>resources
http://pastebin.com/ftavx7ks

Stardrakes can fly edition

Seriously, Dracothion is Sotek?
>>
So guys, how has making 'Your Dudes' for Age of Sigmar come along?
>How have you incorporated your previous existing army from fantasy?
>Have you made any new armies and/or background stories?
>Have you tried your hand at creating a new chaos warband, a Stormcast Stormhost, a Seraphon army, or even a Fyreslayer's Lodge?
>>
>>46117198
>Dracothion/Sotek creates dragons on the Warhammer world in the ancient past (assumedly)
>Old Ones arrive and create lizardmen
>Sigmar is born as the twin-tailed comet appears
>Meanwhile Dracothion/Sotek returns as a new god to the lizardmen, with the twin-tailed comet as his symbol
>Fast forward
>Warhammer world blows up, Sigmar and Dracothion/Sotek meet each other in the void and become bros
>>
>>46117363
fucked everything i have. only kept bretonnians for pure i don't want to sell an army i've put most time and effort into.

>Have you tried your hand at creating a new chaos warband, a Stormcast Stormhost, a Seraphon army, or even a Fyreslayer's Lodge?
Started a Khornate army, currently numbering only few models atm. Now it's become "I use these for both 40k and AoS"
>>
File: Khorne.jpg (333 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
Khorne.jpg
333 KB, 1080x810
>>46117363
Rak-Kalagak, Herald of Khorne, was summoned by chaos duardin who sought to bind the daemon as their servant. However, due to some fatal flaw in the ritual, or perhaps the will of Khorne, instead the duardin became bound to the will of Rak-Kalagak!

Tales of the daemon who ruled mortals spread quickly across the land, and soon mighty warriors flocked to Rak-Kalagak. They believed Khorne was watching over this daemon, and if they fought beside it, their deeds would be noticed and rewarded.

Right now Rak-Kalagak and his warriors are on a glorious quest in Khorne's name. In the Realm of Beasts, there is a place called the Skyplateau; a landmass soaring through the air, that by some strange incident has had a giant warpstone disc rammed into its side. Though the disc measures miles across, its edge is sharp as an axe. Rak-Kalagak will seize control of the old temples on the plateau by which its flight can be controlled, then send it warpstone disc first into the neck of a Sacred Behemoth - a gigantic lumbering reptile native to Ghur, and blessed by the forces of Order. One huge skull and tides of blood will be Rak-Kalagak's offering to Khorne.

However, a skaven clan which just found out about this massive source of Warpstone does not agree with this plan. Should the warpstone be exposed to such vast amounts of holy blood, it will be purified, turning into ordinary rock. Acquiring explosives from a Skryre clan, the skaven set out to blow the disc to pieces before the Khorne madmen make it worthless. The race is on...
>>
I started my skaven army right as AoS came out. I've got their fantasy fluff, but I'm not as familiar with AoS skaven to make a back story yet
>>
>>46117363
I was thinking about converting my Tomb Kings, but the squatting pissed me off. I'm not giving GW a dime for AoS now. I'll play with people at my FLGS but I've divorced myself from this lore and won't buy anything.
>>
>>46117910
Skaven are the same as before, but what was once a single clan is now billions of clans of the category Fantasy clans were.

Before? Clan Skryre.
Now? Clan Squiksquik of Skryre.
>>
>>46117813
>fucked everything i have. only kept bretonnians
Shame that you got rid of your other models but you likely had your reasons. At least you still have the Bret's since some people think we might be getting a new humans release soon.
>Started a Khornate army
>I use these for both 40k and AoS
Interesting, how do you go about doing that?
>>46117874
Pretty good anon, seems like you've really incorporated your stuff into what lore there is. This story you have really sounds like a scenario too and that's pretty cool. I especially like those figures in your pic.
>>46117910
>but I'm not as familiar with AoS skaven to make a back story yet
These might help in some small ways.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Age_of_Sigmar#Skaven
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Category:Grand_Alliance_of_Chaos
>>46118059
>I was thinking about converting my Tomb Kings, but the squatting pissed me off.
I know what you mean, well it might still be done, after all the Death factions got a book recently that might help with incorporating your dudes. The Tomb Kings might not be squatted just yet. I can only hope that GW will do something great to bring them back, but many would say that's unlikely.
>>
>>46117198
Are there any Age of Sigmar books of any note?
Are there any books at all?

Do any of the novels cover the world splitting or whatever that ended fantasy? Are they any fucking good?
>>
>>46118314
>Do any of the novels cover the world splitting or whatever that ended fantasy?

The End Times novels did that
>>
>>46118307
>Interesting, how do you go about doing that?

I'm using daemonkin army mixed with 30k World eaters and the daemons from the khornate army. I'm thinking of getting the cheap shirtless dudes to use as cultists
>>
>>46118429
Ah, was having trouble finding this.

Second question: are any of them any good? I lost track of Black Library fantasy authors when William King left the helm of Gotrek and Felix.
>>
>>46118605
I can't speak for your taste, go read some extracts.
>>
>>46118605
Eh all BL is glorified pulp fiction None of them are ever going to win a pulitzer but they're fine for passing time on a commute
>>
>>46118574
Intesting, sounds good all in all.
>I'm thinking of getting the cheap shirtless dudes to use as cultists
That would work and really fit the bill as well since they already match the Khorne appearance. It might even lead up to the chance of some nice Conversions.
>>
>>46117874

is this a new pasta
>>
File: The_Beasts_of_Cartha_MP3.jpg (135 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
The_Beasts_of_Cartha_MP3.jpg
135 KB, 600x615
Is this new book about search for Mannfred as good as first four?
>>
File: battle.jpg (66 KB, 960x576) Image search: [Google]
battle.jpg
66 KB, 960x576
>>46119345
It's real mate

Here's Rak-Kalagak and his dudes facing off against the rat hordes in Murderfrog Forest. Note the sorcerer I added since I took this pic >>46117874
>>
File: Test model (3).jpg (116 KB, 533x621) Image search: [Google]
Test model (3).jpg
116 KB, 533x621
>>46117363
Kinda.

>Before: beastmen painted as tzeentch worshippers
>Now: added tzeentch daemons and one or two WOC things (I'm a weirdo that liked the look of the gorebeast chariot, so added one)
There's not a huge amount of fluff to them really. They kill shit in honour of tzeentch. The beastlord's on a disk though, because disks are rad.

Fuck it, let's post it so y'all can have a laugh. Have come up with sort of fluff for my stormcast, but still haven't settled on a name that doesn't make me cringe yet. Basically, it's a stormhost of ex-bandits and gorillas, people who would hurt chaos however they could even when conquered (that's the quality that binds them together as a stormhost; desire to damage the spread of chaos no matter what). But, to avoid making not!RavenGuard, they fight openly now, chuffed that Sigmar's given them the strength to fight chaos face-to-face sort of thing. Anyway, they're mostly in Ulgu because they don't mind fighting in the dark and that. More will come when we get some fluff about what the fuck's going on in Ulgu. Scheme is black edged with light blue (pic related - pls no bully, I do have essential tremor (literally shaky hands) but I do my best. If you're wondering I had originally edged everything in blue but they looked like troncast eternals, have neatened up the grey to cover those bits of blue on the inside of the arm since that pic was taken).
>>
>>46120694
Tzeentch painted beastmen sound cool, I once read some fluff that beastmen that worshiped the Changer were reather colorful and had unique pattering.
>The beastlord's on a disk though,
I love that since I've never seen something like that before. Go figure.
As for the Stormhost idea, I like the thought of them being ex-bandits and gorillas that were desperate enough to fight and die for a losing battle. That adds character to them in mortal life and once they became Eternal's they could feel like they finally have a chance to take back their homes or something like that. Pretty good anon, here's to hoping that they add cool lore to Ulgu so you can add some interesting stuff to your Stormhost.
>>
>>46120694
An storm host made of bandits and thieves could be cool. Primarily focused on stealth operations, sending black cloaked Extermis chambers to bomb enemy compounds, while Stormcast BAMF between enemy lines.
>>
>>46120960
>>46121059
Cheers guys, it's always the worry that you're writing fanfiction bullshit with these sorts of things, so it's a relief to hear I haven't fallen into that trap.
>>
>>46121319
Cheers anon, I know how it is. I'm working on my own idea for a Stormhost and need to include the new recent information and lore to the background story I have. I'm mostly just playing with the theme that the Stormhost is slowly gaining in strength with each victory to mirror the inclusion of new stuff.
>>
File: zSkavenchart.jpg (1 MB, 1960x1880) Image search: [Google]
zSkavenchart.jpg
1 MB, 1960x1880
>>46117910
An excuse to post this image.

Not sure if it's updated though i believe someone made this before the recent Pestilens book but it looks about right.

definitely check 1d4chan on Skaven to find out more
>>
>>46122013

I plan to start a Skaven army at some point and I intend to main Verminus because I like it. Not because I'm a noob or because it's simple. I don't like steampunk, ninjas or pestilens. I will use weapons teams and Rat Ogres but probably not Stormfiends.
>>
Guys, can i get some source from you? I have heard people saying aos is flopping horribly and others saying it is actually going well. Do we have any source on its profits? I can't find anything
>>
>>46123771
>Guys, can i get some source from you?

No.
>>
>>46123771
Try looking in the people who have been telling you this' asses
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 689x122) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 689x122
>One hundred forty dollars
>>
>>46124122
I like how a lot of the art and photos have multiple Stardrakes in them.

>You can buy more than one if you want.
>Please buy more than one.
>It's totally normal to have a unit of them.
>>
>>46117910
Verminlords conspire while rats become pawns in the horned rats plot to overthrown the other chaos gods
>>
Going to pick up Start Collecting Seraphon tomorrow. Any ideas for cool lizard colour schemes. I'm thinking something a bit more natural, perhaps involving greens contrasted with a sandy earth base?
>>
File: stardrake.jpg (724 KB, 920x620) Image search: [Google]
stardrake.jpg
724 KB, 920x620
This model is pretty cool.
What's the fluff on these things?
>>
File: image.jpg (430 KB, 1218x976) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
430 KB, 1218x976
>>46125704
Their the spawn of Dracothian and are essentially immortal through reincarnation. However, chaos is preventing them from being reborn.
When a Stormcast travels to tame a Dracoth, he has the chance of meeting a Stardrake and if we manages to tame it, the two form a strong bond.
>>
File: image.jpg (325 KB, 1181x946) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325 KB, 1181x946
>>46125704
>>46126007
Darn, excuse my poor grammar and spelling. It's been a long night for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (431 KB, 1475x996) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431 KB, 1475x996
>>46125704
>>46126051
One last bit of some fluff. I know rest of you guys don't like the Stardrake, but I admit that I like it too. It's certainly gonna be a chance for a cool paint job.
>>
>>46125704
>>46126294
I don't even play AoS but I'm thinking of nabbing this for a void dragon conversion, this line better give me something after depriving me of tomb kings bits
>>
>>46125704
Saw one of these models in person. They're actually not bad, just two problems

The Wings look INFINITELY better moved 90 degrees more.

The base makes the post look retarded. It looks like he's supposed to be roaring triuphantly on debris.

The whole model looks like it's angled ever so slightly wrong.
>>
>>46124409

>AoS is a great game for starters and it's focus is on small battles!
>Btw check out all these photos of hundreds of Dracothian Guard models led by dozens of Stardrakes... we have some bundles you might be interested in! :^)
>>
>>46126462
That second bit has been an issue since the centrepiece models started being a big thing in 8th. With a bit of cutting and some greenstuff and/or bits you can make the relation of the model to the base more natural. As is, a lot of them look a bit off without adjustment, but it isn't glaring by any means.
>>
>>46117363
Had a bunch of shelved dorfs, mostly undercoated and just pulled them off their bases, they were only super-glued on so it was pretty easy, made some cool nordic ruins bases for them and painted them up (BTW dorfs look AMAZING on 32mm bases)
>Have you made any new armies and/or background stories?
I started a tzeentch daemon army from scratch so I can do both AoS and 40k, (about 1500pts worth) they are almost finished, did a few games and im pretty happy with them so far
Maybe, but ill probably stick to Daemons and Dorfs for the time being

Im enjoying AoS so far, its a great way to grab cool models, paint them and play a game with, simple and easy. I kind of miss WHFB but it was a very expensive and time consuming game, but focusing painting cool minis is the heart of the hobby so AoS is better for that i rekon.
>>
>>46126007
So avatar ?
>>
>>46125099
Purple
>>
>>46128235
>made some cool nordic ruins bases for them
That sounds cool as hell anon, I never thought of that before. Damn it seems so easy and clever now. If I ever get around to getting any Fyreslayers then I'm certainly gonna try to make the bases look like Ur-Gold runes now.
I hope you post pictures of these bases in the future.
I have to say that I agree with you about how AoS might be better for painting. The models are far more detailed now and they offer all kinds of reasons to try and paint them in many certain ways.
>>
File: 1451119689343.png (74 KB, 300x292) Image search: [Google]
1451119689343.png
74 KB, 300x292
>>46117198
>that stiff, lifeless pose of the dragon at the top left

Are they even trying?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>46128533
oath brother
Here are the bases im working on, the 40s are for my gyrocopters, i have these longbeards on 32s to give em some character, i think they look great so far but not quite done. The 40mm is the final product
>>
>>46126294
Why all sigmarines releases looks so fat and clumsy?
>>
>>46128704

They aren't
>>
>>46128735
Shieeet, that's looking good so far anon, especially the Dragon Slayer to the left. Thanks for posting anon, hope you get around to painting them up soon.
>>
>>46128956
thanks dude, the dragon slayer isn't in the army scheme though, just a character I felt like painting up really nice
>>
File: Realm_Of_Derp.jpg (824 KB, 1540x2000) Image search: [Google]
Realm_Of_Derp.jpg
824 KB, 1540x2000
>>46128704
>are they even trying?
>>
>>46129043
Looks good none the less, thanks all the same.
>>46129146
They are trying. It's simply not working in many peoples opinions. Can they get better though? Hopefully soon, but many would disagree.
>>
>>46129250
The problem imo is the over use of commission artists rather than the old traditional pieces done by in house artists. I guess they have to because of the sheer volume of art they need.

Also what's the purpose of basing them on circles? If bases don't matter at all in aos why no t just use squares so as not to remove the possibility of playing ranked games with your dudes.
>>
>>46127587
Actually, I think it can be solved just by raising the front of the bast.

It's almost like it's supposed to be in a rampant pose, but it's too far forward.
>>
>>46129354
Because, as a long time Fantasy fan.

Round bases do look cooler as set pieces.
>>
>>46129354
anon with the dorfs here.
Quite frankly, round bases always looked the best, its like framing a painting, especially with doing centerpiece models round is always king in my opinion. I was thinking of leaving my dorfs on their squares in case if i do WHFB but no ones playing it im my club anymore so might as well have fun rebasing and making them look nicer (i just think the angular look of squares look unnatural especially on the game table).
>>
>>46129354
The Art can be forgivable in a few ways since it is commissions, but can't they at least control the final say on how it needs to look? I can't talk much or complain though since I do like most of the art.
As for the bases, they don't bother me that much at all. I guess their just caught up in promoting on how you can use them. I do have to say that for most models that they do look pretty good. The curve is just easier on the eyes and it makes for a good center piece.
>>
File: Warriors-1_zps99cf5535.jpg (424 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Warriors-1_zps99cf5535.jpg
424 KB, 800x480
>>46129835
You're not wrong, if you have models going about by their lonesome squares look less nice.

I still play both games, so I guess I'm biased.
>>
>>46126402

congrats, you found the only reason aos was made: more bits for 40k
>>
any info of the Stormcast Extremis formations?

Drakesworn Temple
Lightning Echelon
Thunderwave Echelon
Extremis Chamber

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>46117363
I got a seraphon army going, im going for a desert look to them. still working on a background, but until their fluff gets fluffed up i am making them a group of lizardmen that had themselves in stasis for all those years with a slann that was keeping them safe and asleep while meditating to grow in power and unlocking and shit to be able to contend with the forces they meet. I dont mind the whole slann memories things that GW has going on, i just hate the inconsistency. First they are just memory holy lizard daemons, but then apparently they "save" their progress? Such as one moment ( I gorget the source) A Saurus warrior took a trophy and then died, but came back later with the trophy around his belt.
>>
Anyone got a link to the Extremis book or the new audiobook?
>>
>>46135985
>a desert look
That's interesting, are you gonna be using more earthy tones?
As for the lore, it does seems weird at times when you think about it. At first it seemed cool but then you have to wonder about the consistence of things like you pointed out with the trophy. Are the Saurus warriors their own individuals or are they really just the memory of the Slann and yet are able to preserve themselves? I can't argue though that it does seem cool, confusing, but cool none the less.
Hopefully once they release more lore we'll get a proper explanation.
>>
>>46136936
i would post a picture but i have shit lighting at the moment, I'll post up some on this thread or the futures ones when i am able. But yeah, you see what i mean? I know the whole narrative aspect of AoS can be used as an excuse for it but its frustrating for me cause I love reading lore and shizz. I am new to the hobby of minaitures completely and i wanted to do something neat. I have my saurus warriors along the same colors as the san luis pitosi kingsake
>>
>>46136936
Also, like i said, i am in the bare bones of a background for my dudes, but i like the idea of a different group of slann and lizardmen doing their own thing, with the hopes of actually accomplishing stuff, since no faction that has been mentioned is really doing anything besides sigmar and his storm assault on the realms, it would be nice to have my dudes actually going out and kicking ass.
>>
>>46137044
>>46137172
I quite like reading about the lore myself just to get immersed into the story of things and how to fit my own dudes into the story. I can only hope that with each release that we're going to get something cool that ends up helping with working on your own story for your dudes.
Best of luck with writing up a proper background for your guys. I'm in the same boat myself so I can relate.
>since no faction that has been mentioned is really doing anything besides sigmar and his storm assault on the realms
Really? I thought the books explained what each faction was doing exactly. Well the novels, as I'm aware of, have been primarily about the Stormcast and Chaos so that would explain the lack of lore for other fractions. No doubt their in the process of making some though.
>>
>>46137280
Now, I havent actually read them, so i am in no way saying that i know 100% what they say. But from my understanding of what i heard, since the order broke apart, chaos was able to fuck over everybody by surprise. Nagash got beaten and is recuperating, GorkaMorka is sitting on his bum until they explain the orks predicament. The nature realms denizens have to fight guerrilla warfare style in their own realm. The axe wielding naked fire man babies are mercenaries who take ur-gold to try and rebuild Grimnir, but also use that gold to make them get powerbuffs for whatever reason? The only thing the Slann did, seeing how they are the only ones left of the lizardmen, was steal a bit of Tzeentchs crystal labrynth crib and made it into an apartment for themselves.
>>
>>46137388
It all sounds to me like every other faction that isn't Chaos and Stormcast is just sitting around on their asses or building up their forces for the eventual release and debut. Their gonna set up a base for a structured story and then build it up with each release.
>>
>>46137462
Yeah, everyone is backed into a corner one way or another, but is somehow able to survive. My thing is, they always allude to their somehow being regular people in the mortal realms, living and shit, and they fight against chaos also. But, they get beat all the time and somehow have a large enough population to be killed, controlled and converted by the various forces around them. Its whatever though, cause they will either talk about it more or wont.
>>
>>46137280
No other faction really has a definitive goal. Seraphon want to stop Chaos, somehow and Pestilents wants those thirteen libers, but besides that everyone is just kind of wandering around.
>>
>>46137593
So far the Seraphon stopping chaos is really just, pop down and summon up some dudes and put them card facing up in attack and inconveniance whoever they are fighting,
>>
>>46137388
Here's my impression of what is going on
>Stormcasts fucked Chaos up pretty good at first but now things are getting harder.
>Archaon is preparing a massive counterattack against Sigmar's forces.
>Seraphon are aiding the Stormcasts in their wars, as a part of their great plan.
>Fyreslayers fight for whoever pays them.
>Sylvaneth are fighting against Nurgle in the Realm of Life.
>Skaven keep backstabbing each other while the Horned Rat plots to overthrow the other Chaos gods.
>Slaanesh worshippers either search for Slaanesh or follow Greater Daemons and Daemon Princes who claim they are Slaanesh reborn.
>Sigmar tries to convince Nagash to ally with him but Nagash is mad because Sigmar keeps reclaiming the souls of dead Stormcasts.
>No word on what Greenskins and Aelves are doing.
>Ogors apparently show up in the new novel.
>>
>>46137593
Lets see the introduced factions.

Stormcast : Fighting Chaos. united the races of Order, death, an destruction into an alliance to kick Chaos out of the Realms.
Seraphon : Unknown to the Chaos Gods, the Mortal Realms are a massive game board in which the Slann are enacting their ancient plan to destroy the Chaos Gods once and for all.
Fyreslayers : Gather Ur-gold and prepare for the return of Grimnir.
Pestlins : Gather the 13 Plagues and then unleash them on all reality. This will make all reality into a wasteland that only the Skaven will prosper. It will compel their god to abandon all of his aspects and solely embrace the aspect of the Great Witherer.
Nagash : Rise up, gather his 999 legions, and conquer the realms, Avenge himself from all who betrayed him and wronged him, starting with Sigmar and Archaon.
Archaon/Chaos : Archaon desires to drag the mortal realms into Chaos where he will rule them all. But first Azyr must be conquer and Sigmar must be destroyed

All of this is taken from BTs. If you guys aren't reading, then I wonder why I bother uploading
>>
>>46137662
Wait so the Stormcasts assault is done? or almost done? I thought they couldnt do a full war, but instead are doing seal team six missions to control those realm gates? Also, is Sigmar able to repel chaos? I read somewhere that his storms pushed back chaos's corruption, or was that metaphorical? Also, What great plan do the Seraphon have? Their great plan was declared FUBAR when the moon almost destroyed them all. It wouldve been cool if they full on ascend to daemon status, instead of the Slann saying "Yo, remember that one saurus that did that thing? Lets use him and see what happens."
>>46137728
Quit yer bellyaching.
>>
>>46137807
I won't.

You bellyached first so I entitled to bellyache. All your questions can be answered by reading the BTs or the novels instead you come here and rudely say "AoS don't answer no questions!"
>>
Hey, im not familiar with .epub, how i work this shit?
>>
>>46137887
Calibre.

Download it.
>>
>>46137807
>Wait so the Stormcasts assault is done? or almost done? I thought they couldnt do a full war, but instead are doing seal team six missions to control those realm gates?
They attacked via lightning bolt initially to seize control of key realmgates, but then their main army marched in through the gates to begin the greater war of reclaiming the realms.

>Also, is Sigmar able to repel chaos?
Yep, his power can remove the corruption of Chaos.

>What great plan do the Seraphon have?
They are planning on making the universe a perfectly orderly place where everything runs like clockwork. Like a direct opposite to the Realm of Chaos.
>>
>Chaos had grown powerful during the centuries of blood, but so too had his kind. The Dark Gods had learnt little with the waxing of their might – they were feckless abstractions, impatient and impulsive. Disharmony and disunity were their lot, and all things unravelled at their touch. They did not see the Mortal Realms for what they were, only what they wished them to be, and so were blind to the true nature of the game being played.

>That they did this in isolation, each slann pursuing their own campaigns against the slow advance of entropy which threatened to consume eternity, did not hamper them at all. For all that they were the merest fragments of a long extinct civilization, the lingering debris of a vanished world, they were not without some power.

>The Eight Realms were a great game board and the Starmasters placed their pieces with calculated precision. They saw many moves ahead of their inattentive foes, and wove iron-hard stratagems which would advance their singular cause, however infinitesimally, from a thousand different angles. Step by step, Kurkori and his brethren manipulated the winds of fate with their celestial mathematics to bring about the final defeat of the ancient enemy.

>Sigmar, the being they knew as the Rising Storm, was their ally in this endeavour, though even the God-King could conceive but dimly of the true purpose of the slann. And there were other forces which were, if not allies, yet subservient to the great pattern. The Undying King on his throne of sorrows, the Queen of the Hidden Vale… these too served in their own way to advance the designs of the Starmasters in their wisdom. Pieces, great and small, moved to and fro across a board of stars.
>>
>>46137974
>The world was different, but the game remained the same. Sometimes Kurkori dreamed of the world-that-was, of humid greenery and a sky full of falling stars. He dreamed of the vermin, flowing up the wide, stone steps of ancient temples in their chittering hordes. He dreamed of dead kin, eaten as they slumbered, their wisdom devoured by scuttling shadows. Anger filled him, and the saurus marching alongside his palanquin stiffened, growling. He heard the rumbling voice of his favoured general, Oxtl-Kor.

>Kurkori felt the energies which formed and filled the saurus. At a whim, Kurkori knew he could reduce the scarred warrior to mere motes of dancing light, or invigorate him into nigh-invincibility. He could send him back into the dream, or stoke the rage which flickered within him. Too, he saw the looming moment that the Oldblood’s life-thread was cut short. Death was not the end for the seraphon, for they did not truly live, save in the memories of the slann. Even so, each death was like a thorn in Kurkori’s flesh, a persistent pain which never dimmed.

-Skaven Pestlins

Some insight from a novel. It's mostly inspired by the text in the battletome.

The Slann master plan = Old One Plan. The Old One plan has failed. The Slann drafted a new one and each Slann plays his part in it.
>>
>>46137900
Hey, Im not familiar with Calibre, how I work this shit?
>>
>>46137388
>Nagash got beaten and is recuperating, GorkaMorka is sitting on his bum until they explain the orks predicament.

Gorkamorka was named among those defeated by Archaon.

Archaon is said to have caused gods of the mortal realms to flee (Sigmar), killed them (Nagash), and beaten them to submission.

That leaves only Gorkamorka are the guy who was beaten to submission.
>>
>>46137885

Do not pay them any mind anon, I sat and read all BTs at last and now worm my way through novels and all those are pretty obviously written in this sources.
>>
>>46138024
Download it and read the guide that comes with it. It's simple.
>>
>>46138011
The Slann master plan =/= Old One Plan.
>>
>>46138067
My faith in humanity is restored!
>>
Not that guy, but do you guys think the Seraphon will ever get a clear cut origin or explanation? Thier battletome says they have their own realm, beyond even Sigmars, but at they same time are memories of the Slann. But the Slann are able to "release" these memories? Such as the instance of the herd of bastilidons one Slann let free to wander.
>>
>>46137388
>rebuild Grimnir
I doubt about this one, can anyone quote the source? All I read, ur-gold is everything to fyreslayers, need them to empower themselves; control the volcanoes; cast spell and shape the terrains...
>>
>>46138239
The Seraphon live in cities in High Azyr. Slann most likely populate these cities with Seras and beasts to feel more at home.
>>
>>46118314
AoS are the worst BL novels I have read out of all the series. They are extremely boring to read and nothing exciting really happens. It feels like they hired 14 year olds to write them.
>>
>>46117363
got the starter box. painting the stormcast like Night Lords because sigmarines. Started a bloodbound because khorne gladiators are cooler than khorne vikings.
>>
>>46138617
>painting the stormcast like Night Lords because sigmarines.
That's pretty clever, I'm guessing your using the pre-hersy paint scheme since that's covered in storms? Either way I bet it would look pretty cool once it's done.
>khorne gladiators are cooler than khorne vikings.
Debatable, but gladiators would still look awesome.
>>
>>46138798
post-heresy still has the lightening motif since they still use pre-heresy tech, but slightly changed their colors. I am using post-heresy paint because I like blue/red contrast better than blue/silver.
>>
Interested in the audiobooks and fluff, is it safe to get the stuff in the pastebin or will GW sue me for all my minis?
>>
So whats the deal Nagash? Ever since he got beat by Archaon, what is he (besides trying to grub on souls) and his vamp/undead generals doing? going?
>>
>>46142261
He's been recuperating. Now he's trying to gather his Mortarchs and rally his Legions.
>>
>>46142261
>Ever since he got beat by Archaon, what is he (besides trying to grub on souls) and his vamp/undead generals doing? going?

He reformed and made a try to free the bulk of his legions from the Bone Cage. Unfortunately for him, Archaon foresaw his attack and counter attacked. Archaon defeated Nagash's army and chased him away.

Nagash latest project is to gather up his Mortaches. He got all of them except Mannfred who ran to Ghur. Sigmar sent Stormcast to put Mannfred in chains and gift him to Nagash to broker an alliance.
>>
>>46142909
What could *anyone* possibly want with Mannfred except jumping up and down on his corpse repeatedly?
>>
>>46142997
He is a capable general and the most powerful Mortach.

But most importantly, due to what happened between them in the End Times, Nagash takes immense pleasure from forcing Mannfred to serve him.
>>
>>46141979
The GW police are coming to get you.
>>
So I started playing night goblins recently, and while i know im missing some hard hitting units like the mangler squig, i still have fanatics. But how do yall balance your AOS games? obviously night goblins are a lot weaker than other fractions unless i have more number than them, What do yall think would be a good way to balance goblins without having to spam fanatics
>>
>>46143961
Trolls
Giants
Squigs
Keep the gobbos in a big unit (30+) to get bonuses
>>
>>46142261
Nagash got knocked the fuck out by Archaon. Nagash recuperates and is trying to get his mortarchs. Arkhan is Nagash's bitch, Manfredd is running from Nagash, who wants his head on a platter. Neferatta was trying to build Nulahmia, but it got smashed by some Slaanesh Warriors, then she got mind controlled by Nagash and is leading some Stormcast to Nagash.
>>
>>46144156

why doesn't nagash mind control manfredd?
>>
>Rumours of more khorne stuff this week
A-any chance of plastic flesh hounds GW?
>>
>>46143961
>how do yall balance your AOS games?
My local store has come to the consensus of 'somewhat equivalent wound count, wizards/monsters within reason'.

Honestly, if you're playing a battleplan and not just 'fight eachother', it works out just fine.
>>
'sup /tg/, i have a game against a wood players in a few days.
never played against the guy, so I have no idea if he's a bro or a waac-then there's the question: what should i expect to find? are wood elves strong? how do they play?
A good battleplan to play with? i field mono nurgle/pestilence.
>>
>>46117363
Planned on buying some Empire just before AoS happened, now I'm painting and buying them for both AoS and 8th/9th.

Their color scheme is kind of meta, though I haven't come up with fluff yet. Basically, I was planning on painting up my handgunners as Union troops from the US Civil War, sort of as a joke that I still thought was kind of cool. But then I had my first day of AoS (with assembled but unpainted minis), and my handgunners kicked some serious ass against a Khornate list (this was after my first ever game, a 1v1v1, where one guy abused the summon rules and was kind of a tool, but I don't get mad at games that often, so whatevs), and in their honor I'm thinking of painting the entire army after a US Union uniform scheme, state troops and knights alike.

I'm thinking an infantry-heavy force, with swordsmen backed by halberds for holding the line while gunners and cannons fuck shit up through use of holding still and the Hold the Line! rule. Maybe keep my knights in reserve (or to deal with summons again, though my local store is trying to come up with houserules to either keep the summoning out or at least keep it balanced. We use SDK, so I'm thinking just add your summonable shit to your point cost so it acts more like Deep Striking than actually abusing summoning to bring more shit in), with one or wizards for magical shit.

The Empire was built on Faith, Steel, and Gunpowder, after all.

I'm still trying to come up with lore for them. What does the Empire do in Sigmar? I was thinking off adding some Bretonnia to the list when they got turned into the Free Peoples, but that's still just a potential option (depending on whether or not I can also bring an allied Empire/Bretonnia list in 8th/9th).
>>
>>46148335
whats waac? They have alot of synergy you gotta watch out for.
>>
>>46149096
Win At All Costs.
As far as i know there is only ONE guy like that that keeps bringing nagash and only wants to play on wound count so he can literally do what he wants.
What are the units i should be most afraid of?
>>
Whats the difference between the malignants and the skeleton horde starter sets? I thought everything undead was Nagash and co. shtick.
>>
>>46149446
>Whats the difference between the malignants and the skeleton horde starter sets?

The models.

>I thought everything undead was Nagash and co. shtick.

Yes.
>>
>>46149505
Oh k you mean bean. I thought maybe there was something more to it.
>>
>>46149446
Keyword interactions. The Malignants (Hexwraiths, Spirit Hosts, and the Mortis Engine) themselves don't have any special interactions, but the Deathrattle keyworded stuff has some command units (like the wight king) that just effect skeletons and skeleton cav.
>>
Will the cute and adorable Calanax return?

https://mega.nz/#!C55nWY5I!TYLNHWykN7Uvwsl2CDy1QLxebjAs8PRIrtVuOiso3po

New audio book, anyone?
>>
>>46148956
>Painted as Union troops from the US Civil War
That sounds pretty cool anon, certainly look intresting once it's pulled off. It would also likely make for some damn fine looking models.
>What does the Empire do in Sigmar?
All we have in the fluff to go on by is that mortals have made multiple kingdoms/empires throughout the realms. I guess what you can use is that your guys come from a human nation of your own making.
>>
Is it explained anywhere what happens to the Slaaneshi daemons when they die? Clepsyrian and its warhost seem to get beaten by both Seraphon and Fyreslayers. How do they replenish their ranks?
>>
>>46150025
Thanks. And if the Empire lore in AoS is so loose, I'm honestly a little intimidated by how much space I have, if that makes sense. More like I'm going to be irritated if I come up with something I really like, and GW goes "Hey, by the way, your lore doesn't work out anymore because we fucked with your lore!"

I'm thinking that I'll make them a fantasy mirror to my Imperial Guard. Those guys were air-cav and air-drop mountain fighting grenadiers from a planet that's basically the space!American Pacific Northwest, so I think I'll make these guys really good mountain fighters from a fantasy Pacific Northwest. Makes some sense with my desire for more and better infantry and my emphasis on gunners to do most of my killing.

Now I just need to figure out how to fluff my knights and reiters.
>>
Um...
Look, I don't want to seem alarmed, but...
Do dwarves just not wear pants anymore?
>>
>>46144156
Arkhan is the best! He was the only interesting part about that silly audio book I listened to. They should just write a book about him
>>
>>46150322
If it helps, I generally tried to keep the basics of the fluff I came up with loose so that I could fit in new lore with each release. Perhaps you can do the same if it helps with creating a background for your guys. Either way, best of luck to you anon. Hope it works out in the end.
>>46150375
>Do dwarves just not wear pants anymore?
Nope. They let it all hang out free now. After all, it is an effective form of psychological warfare.
>>
>>46149778
Calanax probably leveled up into a star drake.
>>
>>46150450
I'm not denying his voice isn't sexy, but he's basically Nagash's lap boy. Even back in the Old World Arkhan did everything for his necromancer husbando.
>>
>>46150375
Oh k, so the fluff for that is that these fyreslayers were born from the death of Grimnir after Sigmar freed him and his bro Grungi by fighting a giant lava salamander. They can detect his spirit among choice pieces of gold that when forged into runes and worn, they sear themselves into their flesh and gives them immense power. So when they fight, they dont need armor since their skin cant get cut,pierced, etc. But this power eventually runs out so they quest for more. I guess using the power in the ur-gold helps rebuild their god?
>>
>>46150375
Also if you were totally ripped wouldnt you want to show off your body?
>>
>>46150375
Slayers became Polynesian, Jewish, Celts.
>>
>>46150255
>How do they replenish their ranks?

They're immortal.
>>
>>46150650
Well yeah. All must serveNagash and all that jazz. He was doing what any bro would do. And, plz, Arkhan had a waifu (Neferata)
>>
>>46138056
And Horned rat lol
>>
>>46138056
Well to be honest, thats kinda the only way to deal with gorkamorka. You can't kill them, they won't run away, so you gotta beat them up till they stop moving. Which takes a while
>>
>>46149778
Cheers dude!

I'm disappointed by the lack of a comedy title though.
>>
>>46149778

HUGE thank you, anon!
>>
YO NIGGGGGAS ... KHORNE THIS WEEK BIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaTCHHHH!!!!
>>
>>46155647

So rumors were right. What are they releasing this Saturday?
>>
>>46125099
The great thing about Lizardmen is that you can paint all their big monsters a totally different colour from the rest of the army but it all still fits together because they have their "straight outta the jungle" aesthetic.

I just started painting up my Seraphon after a 10+ year hiatus from Warhammer. I really like the default blue/red/brass colour scheme for Saurus/Skins/Kroxigor. I plan on painting salamanders bright yellow, a carnosaur purple with black trim and blue highlights, etc.

I am having trouble deciding on a colour scheme for Cold Ones, though
>>
>>46155647
Source on that.

Also, are Fyreslayers on 25mm or 32mm base?
>>
>>46156211
32mm.
>>
File: wew lad.png (82 KB, 736x627) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
82 KB, 736x627
>>46155647

at this rate we're going to get khorne warriors riding skulls
>>
>>46155647
Finally, I need something to get the edge other the Seraphon in my games.

but seriously, I would actually make a blood sacrifice to get GW to stop with the Stormcast and Khorne for the rest of the year
>>
>>46156226
Thanks.
>>
>>46156273
i feel the same. they both have enough as it is for now.
>>
File: 1358535659468.png (186 KB, 475x400) Image search: [Google]
1358535659468.png
186 KB, 475x400
>>46156273
>>46156323

>people still don't get that Age of Sigmar is just Stormcast vs Khorne Bloodbound & Friends

Cute
>>
>>46156362
oh yeah? Well you are a doodee head.
>>
>>46134488
Temple gives -1 Bravery to enemies near it and the Star Drakes can sparkle so hard they heal Sigmarines and damage enemies. Formation needs THREE FUCKING TEMPLARS.

Lightning Echelon is 2 (units of) Fulminators and Tempestors each (Glaives and Crossbows). If they stay close the Tempestors get the same save bonus the Fulminators enjoy and once per game, they can charge, deal some mortal wounds then charge again.

Thunderwave is two (units of) Concussors and Desolators each. Cause more enemies to flee kinda like Chaos Furies but on 5+ and can once per game pile in and fight a second time.

Extremis Chamber is all of the above plus a Stardrake Celestant. Enemies around them pick the highest of 2D6 when making Battleshock tests and they can arrive in a huge comet. You pick a point on the battlefield, enemies in 18" take mortal wounds and then you plonk down your units within 24", more than 6" away from the enemy.

Personally like the Lightning Echelon best since you only need two boxes of Derpasaurus Guard for decent bonuses.

In case someone asks about the Battleplan, it's a huge one played in two phases. If you follow the story, you pit an entire Extremis Chamber against four Bloodthirsters and a retinue of Khorne Daemons and it takes place on a gigantic bridge.
>>
>>46134488
See>>46149778
>>
>>46156273
>to stop with the Khorne

Feel the rage of Gorechosen!
>>
>>46157887
Is that Ushkar Mir?
>>
File: 1406129902666.jpg (33 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
1406129902666.jpg
33 KB, 500x481
>>46157887

>new plastic heroes that look pretty cool but fuck GW if they think I'm going to pay $35 for one

SHIT LOAD OF FUCK
>>
File: CANTWAKEUP.png (36 KB, 188x196) Image search: [Google]
CANTWAKEUP.png
36 KB, 188x196
>>46157887
>Khorne Errrday
>Still no plastic flesh hounds

REAL KH0RNE HOURS

WHO UP
>>
>>46157905
The warlord@crucible of blood in Hammer of Sigmar?

That story sux, don't waste your time.
>>
>>46157887
>>46157905
The look incredibly good but...
COME ON
ENOUGH KHORNE
STOP PLZ

Also, what is a good battleplan for Nurgle vs Wood elves?
>>
File: 1428529396590.png (217 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1428529396590.png
217 KB, 680x680
>>46157887
WHERE IS MY FUCKING NEW GREENSKINS!!!!!
>>
>>46157946
Not familiar with priest.

>>46157930
$30, I think.

>>46157956
Watchtower, always... You can replace the tower with other scenery.
>>
>>46147218
So that's a no then. Dammit.
>>
File: WAAAGH.jpg (97 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
WAAAGH.jpg
97 KB, 500x500
>>46157995
STINKING CHAOS BOYZ AND SIGBEAKIEZ GET ZOGGED! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
>>
WHY KHORNE AGAIN

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST GW
>>
>>46157887
Is it strange that I find Khornates more sexy than Slaaneshi's?
>>
>>46157905
>Aspiring

Why do I find the idea of a character who is trying to fight his way up to being a lord kind of neat?
Like, it gives you a nice justification for having him as a general in small games, plus you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside as the little guy slaughters whatever weak shit you throw him at. You go little guy.
>>
>>46158002
And Grand Alliance: Order this week too, so Bret and Empire will move into Last Chance to Buy section soon?

Better photo.
>>
>>46158047
Strange? no; but you are still gay though.
>>
>>46158190
>>
>>46158063
This. exactly why i love fielding lesser heroes over special characters

Also why i'm sad that they removed the hero-tier characters like Chieftains
>>
>>46158002
I was thinkin about something different. Haven't read ghal maraz or the other books so i have no idea if there are good battleplans there. Its a new guy so I have no idea if he's going to accept fanmade mission, thus the idea of using official ones.
>>
>>46157887
>>46157905
>>46157946
>>46158002
Nice World Eaters conversion kit.
>>
>>46158209
>>
>>46158224
>>
>>46158208
Appreciating the beauty of the male body is not gay!
>>
>>46158236
It litterally is
>>
>>46158063
It's just adding a copyright to the original aspiring champion of chaos
>>
File: infinity-bootleg-03.jpg (132 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
infinity-bootleg-03.jpg
132 KB, 900x506
>>46158224
>>46158234
Looks like GW now in full opposition to Infinity. Like Bioware and CDPR.
>>
File: 1389238101725.jpg (61 KB, 563x563) Image search: [Google]
1389238101725.jpg
61 KB, 563x563
>>46157946

Woah it has a bare head option. These Khorne dudes are more human than the Stormcast!
>>
>>46158234
>>46158224
>be aspiring blobobound
>need assistance from the priest
>find him in the tent
>ohfuck wrong guy.jpg
>get impaled by deathbringer
>n-no homo

>be bob the blobound again
>guts still aches from the spear
>butt too
>today is thirstday: daemons get us out for war
>I like thirstday
>notice it's actually thorsday
>lightning intesifies
>daemons get fucked by samecast eternals
>need to ragegroup and kill their leader
>find our deathbringer
>notagain.jpg
>it's actually the slaughterpriest
>anus starts bleeding to please khorne and repell the eternals
>lose anyway
>>
facebook [dot com slash] 1575682476085719/photos/a.1576243776029589.1073741828.1575682476085719/1583759348611365/?type=3&theater

GW asking for FAQ questions.
>>
>>46158644
Why all AoS releases focused on muscular males?
>>
>>46158890

Because frail fags can't survive in Warhammer worlds.
>>
>>46155961
You remember those mid-90s Jurassic Park toys with the raptors that were all red-topped and grey-bottomed with the wicked black stripes down their flanks?

Yeah, do that.
>>
>>46158890
yeah, where the fuck is my scantily clad muscle women?
>>
>>46158946
So now Warhammer worlds is "homo only"-tier of fantasy?
>>
>>46159158

You like frail looking men, anon? Want to discuss it?
>>
>>46159210
>You like frail looking men, anon?
I don't like extrafocus on muscular male, I prefer women.
>>
>>46159251

If you prefer go out and sleep with women, that's mighty fine. But if you prefere play with minitures of women, you'll have a hard time playing this game, my friend.
>>
>>46159251
Women don't prefer miniature war games so you'd better leave if you're that desperate.
>>
>>46159655
>Women don't prefer miniature war games
I thought warhammer isn't wargame and more oriented on narrative and storytelling.
>>
>>46159840
And your parents once told you there was a Santa Claus too.
>>
>>46159840
Do you think war games can't have narrative or story telling?
>>
>>46159871
Well okay, but if it's wargame where is competitive aspect of game?
>>
>>46159905
Cannot remember any good example.
>>
File: 1422583211010.png (186 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1422583211010.png
186 KB, 512x512
>>46158632
I'm literally crying
well played anon, wel played
screencapping for epicness

>thirstday
>anus starts bleeding to please khorne and repell the eternals

10/10
>>
>>46159926
Pretty much every war game that I can think of has it in order to provide context for the events occurring on the table.
>>
>>46159957
Can you named them?
>>
>>46159910
Are you completely retarded or are you moderately retarded and trying to pull my leg?
>>
>>46159982
Literally any war game.
>>
>>46160009
Well, any wargame have competitive aspect .
>>
>>46160063
Competitive aspects do not mean there can be no narrative.
Also not true.
Historical war games for example are often fought as an attempted reenactment of events rather than one side striving for victory over the other.
>>
>>46160112
>Historical war games for example
FoW.
>>
>>46160152
Yes, that is one example of a historical war game.
>>
File: img_2098.jpg (268 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
img_2098.jpg
268 KB, 980x735
>>46157887
>>46157905

>Aspiring Deathbringer
So they finally acknowledge that nobody wants to buy that old-ass model they had so far?

>Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear
Damn that model looks fine. Just the kind of Hero I need for my teeny-tiny Bloodbound force (currently 5 whole Skullreapers strong). Great detail and the pose is just 80s enough to tickle my silly-gland.
>Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer
hm, the helmet looks great, but I like the messed-up stretched look the original Priest has going better..

>>46157930
They will probably be priced the exact same as all the other Bloodbound clampacks. 23 Euros, same as the others, if I'm decyphering this right.

>>46157938
Seriously. At this point I'm considering buying some Fenrisian Wolves and giving them bloody muzzles even though I so love the design they used for the Mighty Lord's Bloodhound.

So, who else will paint their Bloodbound up like The Flayed? Pic related, lower left.
>>
ty a lot!
>>
>>46161119

for what my eternal storm?
>>
File: StardrakeENG_Slot1.jpg (123 KB, 338x279) Image search: [Google]
StardrakeENG_Slot1.jpg
123 KB, 338x279
>>46117198
>>
>>46144253
Nagash probably gets off on him trying to run and fight back
>>
>>46144253
Watching Mannfred and Neferata argue is just about the only fun Nagash has left, but he will endure
>>
So is there any reason I can't sit here with my army of Tzeentch sorcerers and summon a shitload of chariots and horrors to wipe out 75% of the enemy army on turn one? I feel like I need to consciously try to not be a dick to use Tzeentch stuff.
>>
>>46157887
>>46157905
SO Chaos isnt really a thing anymore, its just team Khorne
>>
>>46163042

Well tzeentch and nurgle worsippers got rekt in fluff pieces so far.
>>
>>46163011
Because you're opponent can bring stuff equivalent to however many chariots and daemons you summon, if you play as the rules are written.
>>
>>46157887
>more khorne bloodshit

Yes, I feel the rage
>>
>>46158047

no you're just homo, it's okay to be gay
>>
>>46157887
AWAKEN MY MASTERS
>>
>>46158644

Someone ask the screaming bell shit for lulz
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 247x204
>>46163127
starts new 30k, 40k, AoS mixed collection.
- World Eaters, Daemonkin, Khorne.
PERFECT.
>>
>>46158890

Because Age of Sigmar is catered to closet homos

I mean look at all the sigmarine releases, it is not even subtle
>>
>>46163224

Do you see homosexuality in toys for 12years old children? Maybe it's not GW but actually you need to embrace your homo nature at last, anon?
>>
>>46163075
Where's this is the rules? As in I tell the opponent I have 2 extra horror units to summon and he gets 20 extra wounds worth of models in his army for free?
>>
>>46144253
Defeats the purpose of having vampire generals, namely that they can think for themselves

>>46163224
Dat projection tho
>>
>>46163481
>Defeats the purpose of having thinking generals

I thought Nagash solved that problem with the morghasts
>>
>>46123771
(UK post) I've spoken to GW staff and fellow hobbyists/gamers, and generally AoS is doing well, a lot of interest and we have had great chats about the future of the story.
>>
>>46164220

Brace for the posts like "you're lying, Lying, LUING!!! AoS is dead, Dead, DEAD GAME because I do not play it and no one in my basement too!" from our usual thread haters.
>>
I just finished reading warbeast. I like parts of it but was ultimately dissapointed. I really like the flash back stories of the stormcast before they became stormcast.

However they reinforced that the Stormcast are boring. Give me the stories from the flashbacks as novels, stories about notmal people fighting against impossible odds.

Stories about immortal demigods who will inevitably win are boring. Give me stories about a bear cloaked barbarian struggling to defend his people and avenge the death of his mother or a King driving to unite the reforged kingdoms to build a better world for his daughters.

Are there any novels that don't feature the Stormcast already out or said to be comming in the future.
>>
>>46164336
good point, there are lots of haters, but to be honest, AoS needed to be done, its not like warhammer fantasy is dead, its just moved into sequel territory, and its better for it. Today alone I told a Gw staff member plain and simple, Warhammer hadn't moved its story in over 20 years, and he actually agreed completley
>>
>>46164607
I didn't read them but I think that both the legends of the age of sigmar books at the very least don't star the Stormcast.
>>
File: seraphon slann.png (395 KB, 398x480) Image search: [Google]
seraphon slann.png
395 KB, 398x480
>>46164336
Not a thread hater but a common visitor who is not too fond (but curious enough to be a common visitor to begin with) of the direction AoS has brought to warhammer.
>>46164220
Asking GW staff about how well a GW product is doing is not exactly a reliable way to obtain an unbiased information, I'd bet; not too differently, asking a group of AoS players (I'm assuming these players are the ones orbiting around the GW store) about how well AoS is doing too will be a short-sighted source.
While at the same time older veterans will inevitably stick to the idea of AoS being stillborn.

The only info we had about its actual success would be the december(?) financial report and it was signalling a decrease of the number of boxes sold (despite stuff like the near 40k and 30k releases, BaC was undoubtedly a success)
But I believe it was still suffering from the backlash of the fear caused by the end times and the fact AoS is still young.

We may still be in the "too early to tell" timezone.

But, despite actually liking and supporting these moves in particular, I'd point out to the starting boxes and the reopened contacts with the community as a possible reaction to something.

I'm waiting for when the elves turn out, we may see the real changes and new directions there more than the stormcast even.

The old world lives!
May the world that might be bring something good too
>>
>>46164693
good valid points. AoS is for some a bad thing, I personally really like it, I feel the stories sequel status is like a good thing, plus its like GW is embracing both modern times, but also doing away with the kirby times. Its like you said, AoS is young and still a shock to some.
>>
File: slann icon.png (74 KB, 218x148) Image search: [Google]
slann icon.png
74 KB, 218x148
>>46164679
>needed to be done
>it's better for it
>an unmoving timeline is bad

Debatable positions
>>
>>46164679

Lord of the Rings hasn't moved its story for 70 years and still the most successful fantasy franchise out there

You are just stupid
>>
>>46164813
indeed good sir, but seriously over 20 years for a storyline to move, thats why it stagnated, besides GW is moving 40k's storyline with the wulfen.
>>
>>46164693
>Asking GW staff about how well a GW product is doing is not exactly a reliable way to obtain an unbiased information, I'd bet

Looky look what we got there, bet a 40kfag is mad because AoS is outselling his game.

No surprise desu, 40k is unplayable shit while AoS is the best narrative game out there on the market. GW staff just telling as it is.
>>
>>46164975
haha, sounds a little trolly. But... hear me out, LoTR can;t move its story, it ended. it consisted of the similarion (?) hobbit and LoTR. shadows of mordor does not count
>>
>>46164975
>the most successful fantasy franchise out there
>You are just stupid

However, lotr miniature wargame fail.

>>46164607
Call of Archaon series, feat. Ushkar Mir, meet the great, unique Khorne hero(look like >>46158209 ).
>>
>>46164997
How can you be this deluded?
>>
>>46165055
>However, lotr miniature wargame fail.

Yeah, GW was able to fail with the fantasy equivalent of the golden egg laying chicken.

It is actually amusing. Though not surprising.
>>
>>46165102
its lasted since the movies tho
>>
>>46165101

No delusion here, what do you think is the reason that GW will already planning an AoS-style reboot with 40k as well? They only care about the numbers, make the connection: AoS is blowing 40k out since the Fyreslayers release. I'd say Stormcast Eternals are currently as popular as Space Marines and trending upwards, unlike Space Marines.

Cry in your thread instead: >>46157278
>>
>>46165101
Ignore the trolls.

>>46165102
Golden egg? The only media earning is the movies, all games(video/miniature) and merchandise are based on the movie trilogy, and sort of short lived.
>>
File: slann.jpg (26 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
slann.jpg
26 KB, 192x192
>>46164997
here's your (you)

>>46164989
For 40k they are taking a different path though: while for the end times it was all over in a matter of years (in-setting) and pairs of books, the way the 40k timeline is advancing is through multiple small changes dispersed into examples of what the setting provides, we can only wonder if such a thing was possible, but I personally see just few side-problems with it, nothing that really stops what's the goal: expanding the setting, selling novels and new models.

The problem with a static narrative is more about the side of GW than the players: it's GW that wanted to have something to churn out new novels and miniatures with almost no limits in terms of possibilities even at the cost of a setting and its characters to generate curiosity, it's only for them and their new product making decisions that a moving timeline is better; from the point of view of the players it matters little, indication of it was the setting remained popular (in its own context) even after 20 years, the freedom for players to generate their own campaigns, small stories, characters and places were there, perhaps with more limits (no painting can be done without drawing lines), but there; on top of it there can be the arguing between the eve of an apocalypse being a preferred setting, or that the timeline can be explored backwards or laterally as 40k demonstrates.

On the one hand we have the limits of a detailed setting with a stagnant present, on the other we have the vagueness of an boundless setting wich may or may not fall into repetitiveness, pointless advancement (as in every updates changing nothing on the big picture) or alienation from the characters and themes of the setting, all for the sake of sales-driven need of twists and advancements.

That's why I cannot say that unmoving directly translates into bad, nor advancement into good, or viceversa; they're simply different medi, each having its purpose and each with its flaws and risks.
>>
File: seraphon slann vs khorne.png (2 MB, 1536x813) Image search: [Google]
seraphon slann vs khorne.png
2 MB, 1536x813
>>46165452
>we can only wonder if such a thing was possible
in fantasy, I mean
>>
File: thumb_214983.jpg (23 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
thumb_214983.jpg
23 KB, 300x400
mar

Grand Alliance: Order!
Thanks @warhammer forum :)
http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?showtopic=231038&page=59

Including:
10 factions for the Aelves
Duardin
Free Peoples (former Empire)
Ironweld Arsenal
Battlemages

regards,
Lady Atia

page 1
In the order grand alliance, fyreslayer, old dwarfes with warmachines.
Billions of men and women descendant of the old world resident.
Finally the mysterious aelves - very few but with a lot of magical knowledge and Monster they have learned to tame.
>>
File: thumb_214984.jpg (24 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
thumb_214984.jpg
24 KB, 300x400
page2
You already know about sylvaneth and stormcast, seraphon and fireslayer the book have all the warscroll plus a selection of formations.
But that is only the tip of the iceberg 280 - pages covering 16 old factions from : Devoted (fantatics), free people milicia, Battlemage, 10 aelves faction, Darkling covens, phoenix temple. Even if the elves are in order alliance they follow mysterious ways and are an autonomous force. And the Ironweld arsenal - human canons and duardin steam-engines ....
>>
>>46165452
Well put, but ultimately, and I hate to say this... But yes, sales are a driving factor. warhammer fantasy made little money, and GW wants to expand, and the main point is, without sales, GW dies, then the whole industry dies with it, because its the first port of call for most new hobbyists/gamers. no other company will last as long, esspecially if they have to rely on kickstarter
>>
>>46165665
>GW dies, then the whole industry dies with it,

You wish redshirt

In reality, when GW dies will come a new golden age of miniature gaming. It had already begun as what they did to WHFB made people buy from third parties, and X-Wing beating the shit out of 40k already in sales, so GW already isn't the top dog in the miniature market
>>
>>46165709
xwing is extremely expensive even in comparison, and how do people discover it, it'll be lumped in with disney toys soon, imagine that. no offense to xwing and armada, its nice to have a choice. But GW does have a nice series of IP's at hand.
>>
>>46165709
>new golden age of miniature gaming
Agree, many manufacturers join the miniature wargame market.

>GW already isn't the top dog in the miniature market
Don't be retard, even GW is shirking, no one can beat that fuck £16m business... yet.
>>
File: 1387215924186.jpg (265 KB, 638x600) Image search: [Google]
1387215924186.jpg
265 KB, 638x600
>>46165665
In practical terms, yes, but mine was more of a theorical (and a bit romantic, in the classical sense) take on the comparison between moving and still.

The only thing I can say to reply to you now is that GW never gave signs or indications of fantasy not making profit, or generating a negative income; the last thing I knew about it in terms of numbers was it was making 1/3 of GW sales by miniatures, turning out at the time of the chapterhouse case, I think.
This and the quality of what we are seeing now points to this development being driven by suits greed for more, rather than preserving and consolidating the income more gradually through the lead of the creatives; and it worries not only me.
>>
>>46165709
Xwing is kinda cheating though, since you could make a star wars edition of mein kampf and you'd still make a profit
>>
>>46165928
very good, this reminds me of the early 90;s GW, when bryan ansell said 'keep the business and the creative teams separate'
>>
File: 1449748208282.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449748208282.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>>46157905
Only 9 instances of the word ''blood'' on that page.
>>
>>46166122
>Only 9
>Not 8
Fucking WD had one job
>>
File: 1408236903035.jpg (7 KB, 197x233) Image search: [Google]
1408236903035.jpg
7 KB, 197x233
>>46165625
>>46165658

ARE MARIUS LEITDORF KURT HELBORG LUDWIG SCHWARZHELM AND LUTHOR HUSS IN THE ORDER BOOK OR SHOULD I PANIC BUY THEIR MINIATURES NOW?!
>>
>>46166122

Someone's getting fired son
>>
>>46166277
website exclusives now, Brets gone too
>>
>>46165625
>10 factions for the Aelves
wut
>>
>>46166573

seems quite low actually. VC got 7 factions for 40ish entries, elves are getting 10 for 105
>>
>>46166573
witch cults
exiles
highborne
wanderers
phoenix warders
sea guard
forest host
beastlords
dragon riders
Somewhere along those lines, I'd assume. Same with undead, which were also split into five or six factions.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>Tfw that's only 1/4 of the spearmen and bowmen

Thankfully night goblins, or 'Moonclan' aren't being squatted as they were rumoured to.

What size bases should giants go on?
>>
File: 1458571422950.png (504 KB, 600x672) Image search: [Google]
1458571422950.png
504 KB, 600x672
>>46164336
Not necessarily lying, but asking GW staff is like asking a banker if you should put your money in his bank.

Also, he has shown as much proof as anyone calling him out for lying.

>>46164679
Apart from the fact that it did move, just slowly, having the redshirt agree just goes to show how little they know about the game.

>>46165055
Hello, slav. May you have a great shitposting day.

Also, reminder that you are stupid: if you look at the financial reports, LotR brough in the lion's share of GW's profits during the time that the trilogy lasted. Afterwards they fucked up, no surprise here, and the game in barely alive. But solely due to GW: in 5 years we went from 24 Galadhrim for £12 to 12 Galadhrim for £20. It's more than a 200% increase.

>>46165665
According to the Chapterhouse papers, Fantasy made 34% of GW's revenue. That is far from little money.

And just lol at "the whole industry dies". How deluded can you be?

>>46165878
In the latest sales charts of the US 40k has been displaced to 2nd position and Xwing has taken no1.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.