[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ quality recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 1453833015777.jpg (42 KB, 637x478) Image search: [Google]
1453833015777.jpg
42 KB, 637x478
I beg you for answers edition

/tg/, you proven to me on more then one occasion that some of you have good taste. Very good taste, even. This is why I need you again, in this thread:

>favourite movie(s)
>book(s)
>music (album, genre or song. Doesn't matter)
>game(s) (/tg/ game or computer game. Again, doesn't matter)

Bonus:
>Comics
>TV series

Let me start:
>Godfather
>Black Company series, anything of Sir Terry Pratchett.
>Irish folk (God, forgive me, but it is my taste)
>Planetescape:Tournament, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Gothic 1 and 2NK

> -
>Star Trek: TNG and DS9/Firefly/ L.A. Heat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cRS3Zmt_as
>>
>>46185487
I'm going to confine my answers to things /tg/ related because I'm also a big guy from /tv/ so some of my answers might be out place in this thread.

>Children of Men
>"The Winter King", "Enemy of God" and "Excalibur" a.k.a. The Warlord Trilogy by Bernard Cornwell
>80s new wave
>Thief the Dark Project, Metal Age, Dishonored and Arcanum
>Conan the Barbarian (Dark Horse edition)
>Babylon 5
>>
>>46185487
>favourite movie(s)
Conan the Barbarian (1982)

>book(s)
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

>music
Indie Pop.

>game(s)
Daggerfall

>TV series
Hustle
>>
>>46185665
>Fellow taffer.

Muh nygga.
>>
>>46185487
>favourite movie(s)
Rashomon, John Wick, Dredd, Star Wars, Forrest Gump, The Hundred Year Old Who Climbed Out the Window And Vanished, LOTR
>book(s)
Dresden Files series, The Hundred Year Old Who Climbed Out the Window And Vanished, LOTR and Hobbit
Synthwave is what I've found really good lately.
https://youtu.be/RY66fdMt4vc
Other shit:
https://youtu.be/UbQgXeY_zi4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNENVZFHutQ
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUrGsvtdliNh5T7TuSuA2w1n7iw_BRTju

Stardew Valley

Bonus:
>Comics
Kersantti Napalm
>TV series
Whose Line Is It Anyways?
>>
>>46185757
I'll see you at the bear fights.
>>
>>46185877
They don't pay me enough...
>>
>>46185487
>>favourite movie(s)
Léon: The Professional, Oldboy, The Man from Nowhere, Sword of the Stranger
>>book(s)
The Assyrian, Conan-short stories (can't pick a particular one), Buddenbrooks, Storm of Steel
>>music
Rosetta, Marathonmann, Muramasa, Cult of Luna, Anaal Nathrakh, Extrawelt, Dance with the Dead, Yndi Halda, Mass of the Fermenting Dregs, *Shells, Solsatfir
>>game(s)
>/tg/
The Dark Eye (Das schwarze Auge)
>computer game
Endless Legend at the moment.

>>TV series
FMA:B and Community.
>>
>Mononoke-hime
>1Q84 or the Hitchhiker's Guide
>Iron Maiden, Stam1na, Slayer, Blind Guardian
>World of Warcraft (yeah, I know)
>Scott Pilgrim -series
>Xena or TNG
>>
>tv shows
Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis
Babylon 5
Daredevil
Agents of SHIELD
>>
>>46185487
>movies
Snatch. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. The Tremors series. The Avengers. Hot Fuzz. Several more I can't be arsed to think of ATM.
>books
Discworld. Just all of it. Other books have gone by the wayside, but was a fan of Koontz and Crichton, way back when.
>music
Lots of different types, steady ones are metal, Michael Jackson, Johnny Cash, and some OST's
>games
7 days to die (steam), Dark Heresy, the DBZ RPG being playtested, 3.5, Deadlands (So recommended), Eclipse Phase, and the NWoD games, Changeling the Lost and Mage the Awakening.
>comics
Haven't read one in years.
>tv series
Supernatural. Trust me, its really good, though later seasons get kinda screwy with how much shit the MC's get into YET AGAIN. (Don't give a fat babies dick what anyone says though, Crowley is the best Satan ever, and Bobby will never Not be awesome.)
>I took care of it.
>you said it could only be killed by stabbing it 7 times with a bamboo sagged that'd been blessed by a Shinto priest. Did you just happen to have one of those laying around?
>nope. I had a woodchipper.
>...wow...okay, yeah, woodchipper trumps pretty much everything, doesn't it?
>>
File: Nickelodeon [Green] 029.jpg (290 KB, 1095x1600) Image search: [Google]
Nickelodeon [Green] 029.jpg
290 KB, 1095x1600
>Movies
Millennium Actress, Paprika, Summer Wars, The Last Unicorn, Rashomon, Clue, Blazing Saddles

>Books
Invisible Cities, Inherent Vice, The Metamorphoses, The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm, Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

>Music (in no particular order)
Akiko Shikata, Simon and Garfunkel, Queen, jazz/ragtime/big band, Aaron Copland, Sekken-ya, J. A. Caesar, Caravan Palace, fuck I don't know, I could be here all day

>Games
Star Ocean 2, Shadow Hearts/Covenant, the Ar tonelico series, the Zero Escape series, Radiant Historia, Okami, Transistor, nethack and its derivatives, Dungeons of Dreadmor, Grim Fandango, Aviary Attorney (and the Phoenix Wright games too), again I could be here all day.

>Comics
Calvin and Hobbes, Sandman, do webcomics count? If so, Rice Boy/Order of Tales, HERO, and A Redtail's Dream. Nickelodeon if manga counts.

>TV Shows
IRON CHEF MOTHERFUCKERS, also Parks and Rec, and I guess Baccano would go here too.
>>
>movies
Blade Runner, Alien, El Topo, Taxi Driver, Yojimbo, Angel's Egg, Apocalypse Now

>books
Dune, Silmarillion, Canterbury Tales, Name of the Rose

>music
classic, folk, 70s prog, experimental

>video games
Zelda, Gothic, Dark Souls, Fallout, SotC
>>
>>46186424
>bamboo DAGGER
Motherfucker...
>>
>>46185487
>Favourite movies
Sin City for it's visuals and comic book atmosphere
The Last Samurai for showing that a good action movie can have 70% talking and remain good
Porco Rosso because goddamnit i love the damn movie.
>Music
Daft Punk-Touch (From Random Access Memories) and In Flames-Metaphor (From Reroute the Remains)
>Vidya
Fallout: New Vegas, Dishonored, Dark Messiah (this more so than others), Bastion, Darkest Dungeon, Mount & Blade: Warband, Kessen 2 (nobody has ever played it)
>Book(s)
Don't read that much, but the Witcher books are good and Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a definite must
>Comics
Crossed (the webcomic and +100 specifically), Black Summer, No Hero and Sin City
>>
>>46186444
>Blade Runner

FUCK I KNEW I FORGOT ONE
>>
> District 9, saving private ryan, Femme la nikita (hope i spelled it right), the big lembowski, Training day, A perfect world (with clint eastwood)
>Terry Goodkind series, Communist manifesto,
>Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Judas Priest, Ronnie James Dio both as by himself and with black sabbbath (heaven and Hell), Pantera, Soulfly, Sepultura, megadeth, free world.
>cs go, cods, fallouts, nhl 11
> Spawn, Punisher, Sin City, batman the killing joke
>Walking Dead
>>
>>46185487

>Empire Strikes Back
>The Saxon Tales by Bernard Cornwell and Ilium and Olympos by Dan Simmons
>Led Zeppelin and Early Bruce Springsteen
>New Vegas and Ocarina Of Time
>Most things with Deadpool
>Venture Bros. followed closely by Futurama
>>
>>46185487
>Movie(s)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Italian Job (the original)
>Books
Mossflower, The Black Company, LOTR
>Music
Classic rock, some orchestral, some electronic, some alt rock
>Vidya
MGS3, Mass Effect Trilogy, Morrowind, Bastion, X-Com enemy unknown
>tg games
Pathfinder, Shadowrun
>Comics
Watchmen, Scott Pilgrim
>tv shows
Firefly, Cowboy Beebop, X-Files

Fuck me I have weird tastes....
>>
OP here. I must go to sleep now, but I will check thread tomorrow morning.

And so far, you proved that you are truly people of great tastes. I bow and I feel proud that I can call myself one of people on this board right now.

God bless you and never change, /tg/.
>>
>>46186809
No, you don't.
>>
>>46186809
probably the most mainstream nerd-ish tastes given out so far
>>
>>46186045
Leon the professional is by far my favorite movie of all time, the characters are amazingly done to the point where you actually care about them. the ending is also dope because its not your a typical ending where everything in the end is all ok you know what im saying you still see the female character carry on her life with tremendous turmoil and sadness because of leon
>>
>>46186927
>EVERYONE scene.

That film bought me with it.
>>
>>46186887
>>46186903
I just meant that a lot of that stuff is all over the place setting and theme-wise. Other than broadly saying "I like sci-fy and fantasy" there's no strong unifying element
>>
We need more.
>>
>>46186751
Two mentions of Bernard Cornwell and neither of them were the fucking Sharpe books? HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!?
>>
>favorite movie(s)
Alien, Dark City, Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut), Event Horizon

>book(s)
"The Conspiracy Against the Human Race" by Thomas Ligotti

>music
Chillwave and dark ambient

>game(s)
The Banner Saga, XCOM, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vandal Hearts, Persona 1 & 2, SMT: Nocturne

>TV series
X-Files, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Last Kingdom, Being Human (UK), Twilight Zone
>>
>Drive, Seventh Seal
>Jorge Louis Borges' "Ficciones", Hesse's "Steppenwolf", Camus' "Plague"
>Low Roar, Ramona Falls, TRST
>Delta Green, Hitman series, Thief series
>Medaka Box, YKK, Yotsuba&
>X-files
>>
>>46185487
>Princess Bride
>American Gods by Neil Gaiman
>Sufjan Stevens
>Kentucky Route Zero
>Sandman
>Always Sunny in Philidelphia
>>
>movie

Gotta be The Big Lebowski

>book

Chasm City Alastair Reynolds

>Music

At the minute Ho99o9 and Death Grips I only listen to meme musi

>Game

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy

> Comic

Not big on comics but I do like the spiderman 2099 stuff

> TV series

Either The Inbetweeners or Rick & Morty
>>
>movies
It's Such a Beautiful Day, The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Harold and Maude, Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade, Police Story, Undead, Redline and Army of Darkness.
>books
Everything Issac Asimov wrote, Master and Margarita and The Count of Monte Cristo.
>music
Rush, Styx, Supertramp, Der Ring des Nibelungen - Vorspiel, Slavonic Dances Op. 46, B 78: No. 7 in C Minor
>gaems
Civ IV, ElDewrito (Halo 3), Undertale, Deus Ex, Diablo II, Hearts of Iron III, Victoria II, Hotline Miami, Mount and Blade, Tropico 3, HellMoo
>comics
Watchmen
>T.V. shows
Duckman, BoJack Horseman, Cowboy Bebop and Michiko to Hatchin.
>>
>movies
Dark City, Fifth Element, Return of the Jedi, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, Naked Gun

>books
Foundation series, 1632 series, The Count of Monte Cristo, Don Quixote, first half of Hyperion Cantos, Sharpe series

>music
Metal, prog, theatre, Ayreon

>games
Transcendence,Mount and Blade,Tropico, DmC 3, Hotline Miami, Dungeon of the Endless, Homeworld

>comics
Planetary, All Star Superman

>T.V. shows
Band of Brothers, Leverage, Burn Notice, Cowboy Bebop, Darker than Black(season 1)
>>
File: !underground by murakami.jpg (200 KB, 606x919) Image search: [Google]
!underground by murakami.jpg
200 KB, 606x919
>>46185487
>>favourite movie(s)
Blade Runner, The Sacrifice, China Town, The Third Man.

>>book(s)
The Razor's Edge, Gormenghast, The Forgotten Beasts of Eld, China Mountain Zhang, The Stars My Destination.

>>music (album, genre or song. Doesn't matter)
Carpenter Brut, Dynatron, Metric.

>>game(s) (/tg/ game or computer game.
Planescape Torment, Okami, A Mind Forever Voyaging.

>>Comics
The Dark Knight Returns, Sienkiewicz's Elektra Assassin, Miller's Ronin, Kingdom Come.

>>TV series
The Prisoner, Twin Peaks, True Detective.
>>
File: 1456714964857.gif (45 KB, 560x582) Image search: [Google]
1456714964857.gif
45 KB, 560x582
>>46191469
>>
We. Need. More!
>>
>Thank You For Smoking
>Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
>'Goodneighbour' by Magnolia (Linda Carter)
>Jedi Outcast, Pokemon Glazed, Dark Souls
>Dungeon Meshi is pretty legit. Also Sandman.
>Yes Minister
>>
File: Mask Nat 20 Intimidate.gif (984 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
Mask Nat 20 Intimidate.gif
984 KB, 500x308
>favourite movie(s)
Guardians of the Galaxy. It was like I was watching a reenactment of a Rogue Trader game. The Mask is also a favorite.

>book(s)
Ender's Game. The first two Drizzt books.

I've been really getting into electroswing lately but I pretty much like anything that isn't cry in your beer on your tractor because your dog died country.
I also really dig jazz and power metal.
Here's an electroswing playlist if you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHa0TTz9zr0x3hnspcPmKUGB-wQby3pWo

Sly 2: Band of Thieves, Chrono Trigger for video games.
Abyss, Smash Up for board games.
Feng Shui 2, Call of Cthulhu, MAID RPG for roleplaying systems.

>Comics
While I haven't read an actual comic in years, Franken Fran is my favorite manga series.

>TV series
Don't really watch T.V that much. If I had to pick it'd probably be early Community. Though if anime is allowed it's easily Cowboy Bebob, Baccano, or Death Parade.
>>
>>46185487
You're a bit vague, so, I'll go with favorite and most tg related in the categories of fantasy, sci fi, and horror

Movies: Conan the Barbarian, Blade Runner, Hellraiser
Books: The Broken Sword, Dune, anything by Clive Barker
Video Games: Skyrim, Mass Effect 2, VtM: Bloodlines
Comics: I don't read comics
TV Series: Game of Thrones, Babylon 5, American Horror Story
>>
As someone who is very into weebshit and sees it all the time on /tg/, I am surprised at the lack of weebshit in this thread. Help I need more weebshit and nothing looks good
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.