[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens if the Imperium of man suddenly found a few thousand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
What happens if the Imperium of man suddenly found a few thousand humans ,who get hybernated around the 23-24 th. century?
>>
>>46183926

Fought over by rogue traders and heritics, confiscated by the magos biologica, then fought over by the inquisition and various branches of the church and high lords. Eventual torture, dissection and death. The data is stored in highly classified vaults and eventually forgotten.

I probably skipped a few steps of different factions fighting and dicking each other over.
>>
>>46184032
Ahoy grimderp.
>>
>>46183926
They would more likely than not be detained, interrogated by the Inquisition, and eventually given the choice between working for the Inquisition (because they possess esoteric knowledge, especially anybody with a mechanical/engineering/historical background) or being killed. I'd imagine most would take the first option, if only because they realize the insanity of their situation and that they have virtually no other choice but to work with them.

I also think the Inquisition would treat them pretty well, too, given how insanely valuable their minds are. They wouldn't waste them unless absolutely necessary.
>>
>>46184032
First post, should've been the last post.

/thread
>>
>>46184032

Pretty much. As numerous examples in 40k lore show, any significantly setting-changing/shattering object, person, or event is either squirrelled away into obscurity, corrupted by chaos, blown up for fun, or purposefully destroyed because of their potential to affect the setting.

There's been an original Luna Wolf, a potentially living Thunder Warrior, multiple weapons and devices of retarded power levels, game-changing tactics to save worlds from the Tyranids, and huge collections of tomes and archives of lost knowledge. All these things largely amount to nothing, lost, destroyed, run off, or simply in the hands of someone too powerful to overthrow but too inept or unwilling to employ them.

In the rare cases they DO amount to something, it's the setting for a massive showdown between opposing forces, and at the end it usually amounts to nothing anyway or is set to culminate at the "Minutes-to-Midnight" mark of 41.999k with the 13th Black Crusade.
>>
>>46184220
Eh, not so much. The Inquisition aren't retarded - they're gonna do everything they can to make the most of every asset they get. While they would certainly enforce their compliance with the Imperium of Man or execute them, they'd also quite likely treat them pretty damn well to make sure they can milk every drop of intel they have out of them, and get them working on unraveling the secrets of ancient knowledge locked away in Inquisitorial records.

While they can certainly pull it out of their minds, pretty much every Inquisitor in the fluff has openly stated that it's easier, safer, and much more effective to get them to cooperate than it is to rip their minds apart. Also, seeing as how these people haven't actually done anything "wrong," they're going to most likely be a little lenient initially in dealing with them to make sure they can get their hands on all the good stuff.
>>
>>46184032

This is the correct answer.

I think the other posts could work as a background in an RPG if you want, but isn't what would happen short of ceramite plot armor.

In fact, wasn't there some fiction where a guy from the DAoT popped up after a horrific misjump and was tortured to death for heresy largely because the truth was heretical?
>>
>>46184481
IIRC, it's because he refused to separate himself from his AI partner, and was killed for it. He wasn't tortured until he refused to help (He was also found by the AdMech, who don't give a shit about people to begin with and only cared about the ship he was in).

I doubt it would be the same case if they were in cryosleep, though. If they wake up from cryo, they'll be disoriented, easily detained, and not likely directly linked to any sort of machinery, and very easy to take away and interrogate. How they are treated would depend entirely on who finds them - AdMech would likely not care, or attempt to persuade them to cooperate and figure out how they work. It's also entirely likely they'd just be jettisoned out an airlock to minimize risk.

The Inquisition would immediately detain and psychically analyze every last one of them, and screen them heavily. They would make a concerted attempt to gain their cooperation willing (assuming they understand that these guys have no fucking clue who the Inquisition is), ham up and make the Imperium look wonderful in every way, and attempt to milk them, in complete secrecy, of every scrap and drop of intel they possibly have, all under the careful guard of the Inquisition. Their existence would be kept an absolute secret, and they'd likely never leave an Inquisitorial Fortress except to directly serve a high-ranking Inquisitor.

Space Marines would probably immediately turn them over to the Inquisition, because they'd understand the significance of what they've found and also understand that they are not inclined nor equipped to deal with that type of thing.

Rogue Traders? Who the fuck knows. That's a coin toss.

The Ecclessiarchy would kill them for being heretics, because they are not of the Imperial Faith.

Really, their safest bet is, ironically, the Inquisition.
>>
>>46184124
I can see this happening so long as they don't get discovered by a total nutjob.

Also even their genetic material will be insanely valuable.

Humans from before the emergence of psykers and predating all of the major mutations of humanity amongst the stars. As close to pure as they are ever going to see in a living specimen.

they recognize one of the administratum scribes questioning them
>>
What about the Tau?
>>
>>46184862
Tau would shelter them if they could understand them.

They would assume they are from an as of yet undiscovered human empire/nation/system/world not part of the Imperium.

Sadly these dudes aren't speaking any know language.

Maybe if the had some humans on the discovery crew they would be informed of the value.
>>
>>46184984
Actually the rando humans in the tau empire probably wouldn't know what they're seeing either since the only ones that would have info like that would be high ranking people in the imperium like inquisitors and such
>>
>>46184758
>Really, their safest bet is, ironically, the Inquisition.

There should be a story of someone from the DAoT who ends up becoming an inquisitor.
>>
>>46185253
There's a story of a DAoT AI controlled ship returning from outside the galaxy with a bunch of frozen people. They get found and killed by the Blood Angels because they don't worship the Emperor. The ship gets salty and fucks off
>>
>>46185359
What story is that? Sounds awesome.
>>
>>46185464
It's a short story, I really wish I could find it now
>>
The only way for them to survive past their first hour is to be found in some vault still directly on Terra, and hope to be found by some sensible enough guy inside the inquisition.

Better yet, they must be found under the imperial palace, by the custodes.
I mean the imperial palace covers one half of the planet, there is a 50/50 chance for it to happen
>>
>>46183926
Realistically? They die. Probably quickly. With immune systems 20+ centuries behind the ball, and the chaos forces half a breath away, they probably don't make the first day.
>>
>>46185932
It spreads across the whole of what used to be the Himalayan Mountains of Old Earth, not 50% of the planet.
>>
>>46186032
Actually modern day human immune systems are way way worse than, say, early man immune systems because medicine has made us softer. Our lifespans are drastically improved because living conditions and overall health is better thanks to cleaner everything, but biologically a cave man in present day would be invincible with the tech we have now.
>>
>>46186032
Evolution isn't a linear thing. Someone from the past would have an immune system that modern microbes don't have adaptations to deal with anymore. Most likely, they'd get a food poisoning like illness for a while while their immune system learns to cope with the mostly harmless germs we deal with on a daily basis.

>>46186365
I'd say modern man's immune system is actually a bit ahead due to better nutrition and vaccination even if ancient man's immune system is better "tuned".
>>
>>46183926
They get shot in the head. If anyone bothers to wake them up first, it's only for the satisfaction of knowing they suffered. Always bet on the most grimdark option.
If the Emperor himself came back to life before hundreds of witnesses and said "I told you I'm not a god you idiots, please stop worshiping me", he would be accused of heresy and executed on the spot.
>>
>>46184320

>pretty much every inquisitor in the fluff has been openly reasonable and part of a unified organization with singular goals

The fuck fluff you reading?
>>
>>46183926
What if it was a battle barge of one of the missing legions, the Warp fucked them up thanks to Tzeentch (JUST AS PLANED!) so they missed making it to the battle of Terra and showed up about 10k years too late. They were scrubbed from history because of their "cowardice"
>>
Sigourney weaver is sexy as fuck
>>
>>46185464
>>46185359

That's idiotic.

Blood angels are one of the nicer/smarter chapters, and non-emperor-worshiping humans get found all the time. They get converted, not killed offhand.
>>
>>46183926
I'm sure that some would be studied, but they probably would be used as premium breeding stock for the ecclesiarchy on account that their genetics would be pretty far backwards compared to modern humans that their psyker gene would be nonexistent.
>>
>>46189463
The writer likey had a case of the grimderps
>>
>>46184758
See >>46184804
If a Space Marine chapter found them and realised what they had they might drop them off on their recruiting world and tell them to make more.
>>
>>46188944
>has been openly reasonable and part of a unified organization with singular goals

That isn't what I said. I said they weren't retarded. A whole bunch of humans from an era the Inquisition has virtually zero information about isn't going to be killed out of hand, because they are such a HUGE asset to the Inquisition in terms of intelligence and historic knowledge. Even the most puritan Inquisitor understands that knowledge is power, and the Inquisition needs as much knowledge as it can possibly get.

It'd be like finding the STC for a new type of Power Armor - they're gonna, at the bare minimum, make an effort to salvage such an incredible asset, if only to further their own political clout over rival Inquisitors and other Imperial organizations.
>>
>>46184032
How divided and factionalized the Imperium is should never be understated. With the last of the Primarchs + Malcador gone it's basically a free for all between 10+ different factions.

I'm glad at least that the current Beast Arises series gets this and has High Lords regularly trying to kill each other even amidst an Ork invasion
>>
>>46183926
Forgive my ignorance but why would they matter? Doesn't the Imperium have trillions of citizens?
>>
>>46184124
not just their minds, most people in 40k are mostly of 'rocket men' stock (genetically volatile humans designed to quickly adapt to exoSolar colonies' environment, hence why so many non-chaos abhuman). children (natural or cloned) from them would probably have better chance at withstanding the process of becoming Space Marines
>>
>>46191685
Genetic purity from a time before the age of strife and they also probably have some dark age tech
And even if the tech they DO have is worse than the ad mechs they at least have people who fucking understand how the shit works
>>
>>46192050
some of their shit is almost certainly better than its 40k equivalent (if exists)
also, the magos, specially the arch magos, know how shit works, it is only the lesser ranks who operate by ritual and repetition
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.