[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Faction Creation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 25
File: Arcnus Crusade Poster.png (393 KB, 485x548) Image search: [Google]
Arcnus Crusade Poster.png
393 KB, 485x548
1- Choose a faction;
>Imperial Guard - Very Required
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php
>Space Marines - Very Required
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smpbeta.php
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/tsmp.php
>Sisters of Battle - Minor role but welcome
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php
>Eldar - Really really minor role(1-2 different groups at most)
http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/painter.jsp?i=38
>Chaos SM - Minor role but welcome
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/csmp.php

2- Use the coloring books to make your own faction, DOW/SM painters also welcome.

3- Name the faction(I suggest googling it for doubles)

4- Fill in some lore(Optional but appreciated)

5- Post it(With a name if you want credit, otherwise it's credited as anon)

6- Wait for months(literally) while I put them all together in my brain that fairly lacks cognitive capabilities.
>>
>>46103759
>Some idea on what's going on:
I had this idea of making a really complex and integrated story about Imperials factions after a major crusade. Considering the size of the galaxy a crusade must require thousands of regiments and hundreds of Chapters to conduct. Which also leaves them with spoils of war in the end. I could have just populate the whole thing from my drafts but I figured it would be more fun and challenging to fill the factions with anon made ones. So here we are.

>Disclaimers:
I store all contributions and work them into the story one way or another, so don't hesitate to contribute.
No Orks no ork related anything, I'm writing Orks right now and I'm fed with it. No zoggin Orkz, ya 'ear!
Try to make the factions as unique as possible(it's YOUR faction after all). Theme, military focus and characterization is what makes a faction alive most of the time.
Here is an example from an official chapter. Black Templars are gothic space knights(theme), they use close combat whenever possible(military), special characters in the codex(charz)
If you submitted in a previous thread know that its been kept safe.

>Charts(Optional, use them if you want to):
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard_Regiment_Creation_Tables
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Warband_Creation_Tables
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables
>>
This is a pretty lackluster thing detailing some of the basics
Space marine Chapter

reason
Unknown
When
maybe Third founding
progenitor
unknown but thought to be Word Bearers
purity
flawed
demeanor
suffer not the heretic ( they take this extremely seriously)
and honor the emperor
r u mutated
yes
mutation
Susan membrane slowly freezes their bodies in a solid shell each time they use it
flaw
Chapter cult (The Cult of Sennatus)
figure of legend
Chapter master (Sennatus Yoan)
deed of legend
he defeated the daemon prince Arathenes of the Word Bearers in single combat
Homeworld
Hive world
Terrain
War ravaged
ruling
Hidden in the shadows (ie they run all the different nations that are warring each other and recruit form all of them.)
codex adherence
divergent (12 companies and the Cuhnoraeom (Dedicated to crazy heroics))
combat doctrine
Heroism
Special equipment
The Scripts of Sennatus are tattooed upon a battle brothers body as a rite of initiation (with the blood of the Asgar Wasp to make it extra painfull.)
Chapter beliefs
the 7 scripts of Sennatus (they are really long texts about how Sennatus was chosen of the emperor)
chapter strength
a little more than nominal (1250 to be specific)
friends
ecclisiarchy
enemies
word bearers
=][=nquisition

chapter insignia
a downwards pointing sword with a brazier at the hilt
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 400x500
>>46103971
oops forgot picture.
>>
File: image.jpg (557 KB, 1536x1909) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
557 KB, 1536x1909
I've also made an Chapter organization sheet, Here are some things about it.
>The Cuhnoraeom is the hall of champions. the ten Cuhnea are basically Company champions, and the Oroga the nearly as good.
> The head of the librarium is the Librarch and the master of sanctity is the Reclusiarch.
if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.
>>
File: image.jpg (334 KB, 1536x1912) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334 KB, 1536x1912
>>46104225
>>
File: Untitled.png (296 KB, 689x441) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
296 KB, 689x441
>>46104254
>>46104225
>>46103997
>>46103971
Awesome, very detailed.

>Susan membrane slowly freezes their bodies in a solid shell each time they use it
I imagine like a cocoon, do they break free when they woke up?
Also what happens when its used while wearing the armour or for long periods?

>Riteguards
Are they SM or normal people or failed-serfs? Do they fight on any occasion or just defend the relics?

>Aspiring Oroga squads
How many of them in an average squad?
What weapons do they use?
Do they get jump packs when with Assault units or Drop pods?
Are they led by the Cuhnea specifically?

>Cuhnea
Are they all melee champions? Do they have specific wargear or its anything goes?
Do they wear robes or just plain armor?
Do they have specific color changes to their armour to set them apart?

You don't have to answer to any, I'm just trying to imagine certain scenes and increase the detail in them.

>pic related
Also two other anons contributed with the similar dark brownish-red color in their marines, just informing you, no judgement.
Can you post the HTML code for the color if you still have it? I can always take it from the gimp but its more accurate that way.
Also coloring a weapon(chainsword or bolter), robe and jump pack is a good thing too.
Lastly do I credit you as "Swords of Sennatus" or did you forgot to write an alias?
>>
File: Tacticalmarine.jpg (107 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Tacticalmarine.jpg
107 KB, 400x500
>>46103759
Trying to fluff up a chapter I created that uses power/chain/regular Bayonets on bolters as ad hoc assault squads.

All I got right now is that their primarch is Unknown (Either Lorgar or Mortairion)

And their colours.

And a name. Imperial Wardens.

Basically my idea is that sometime during their founding their assault companies and most of their chapter was lost and they couldn't easily replace it so they looked for an alternative.

And this prompted them to arm their tactical squads with bayonets so they could perform some assault role.

If it's too special snowflake for you I can just delete it but let me know if this is ok I'm still trying to flesh them out right now.
>>
File: spacemarine (3).jpg (48 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine (3).jpg
48 KB, 400x500
Space Marine Chapter, the Encryptors. Their Heraldry a gauntleted fist holding aloft a skull with bionic eye. Founded in the 34th Millennium; created from Iron Hand geneseed, admittedly with some biologis tinkering. Perhaps as a direct result, this has unfortunately led to an instability with the geneseed, causing a twofold mutation of the Catalepsean Node and progenoid gland. As a reminder, the Catalepsean Node controls an Astarte's ability to go without true sleep for days without ill effect. The consequence of this leads to a case of insomnia where marines cannot sleep naturally. The most common way to counter this is simply working to exhaustion and allowing their enhanced anatomy to repair fatigue damage while they finally sleep deeply. A few of the Encryptors have had some success with autohypnosis but manually injecting sedatives is in most cases the only way to mimic a normal sleeping pattern. This “flesh-curse” weighs on the Chapter significantly, seeing it as a flaw to fix with augmentations. Indeed a common augmentation on veterans is an arm mounted injector with sedative ampules that can be activated by the marine to force a rest cycle.
Usually manageable by the Chapter, ill-timed ambushes have led marines killed as they slept or dropping from exhaustion on the battlefield. While not necessarily a dishonor to the individual marine, the Encryptors see is as a chapter-wide shame.
The absence of one of the two progenoid glands is a worrying one, and for a time after founding deemed a potentially lethal one. Fortunately however the Chapter’s longevity has led to a respectable stored backlog of progenoid glands which, while harder to replace than those of other Chapters, does allow for relatively quick recuperation from losses.
>>
>>46106474
To nobody’s surprise, the Encryptors like their progenitor Iron Hands are fierce allies with the Adeptus Mechanicus and boast numerous well-trained techmarines in their ranks. On more than one occasion an AdMech force has requested and received Encryptors assistance.
Interestingly their first Chapter Master was not so well regarded. Instead a Librarian, Obnixus the Steel-Hearted who stood firm against the temptations of a Daemon Prince and banished him with blade and power. This remarkable feat earned him the notice of the Administratum who saw in him a new keystone of the bulwark of humanity and formed around him a new Chapter.

Their fortress monastery situated on the Feral World “Arbus II”, near entirely covered in dense jungle aside from a small band of desert at the equator and the poles. The latter of which the monastery lies within to avoid the attention of the tribal natives.
The planet is usually left to the attentions of the tribal chiefs, but even the isolationist and technological purist Iron Hand successors are human enough to descend rarely but regularly to ensure that civilisation and peace are by and large being slowly worked towards. The fact they are also able to intake potential applicants at such meetings is purely coincidental.

In battle the Encryptors claim to be -and indeed largely are- Codex Adherent. Striking quickly and decisively into enemy lines as the Emperor's Lance -or indeed the Omnissiah’s mechadendrite- to destroy or capture important targets. As one would expect from loyal Astartes living up to the dream of the Emperor for his Angels of Death.
>>
>>46106504
What separates the Encryptors from say, Imperial Fists or Ultramarines is their prolific use of servo skulls. In addition to maintenance of armor, weaponry and vehicles a novice is expected to know maintenance for his servo skull which will act as personal chapter serf for the rest of his life- and indeed the Chapter possesses extremely few serfs as a direct result.
The exact specification of each marine’s servo skull can differ greatly. Some outfit them with additional hover modules to allow for ammunition storage, some outfit them with enhanced optics and direct helmet feed to gain multiple perspectives and others outfit their servo skull with las weaponry to provide additional fire support.
Senior marines often have multiple servo skulls, taking on those of fallen brothers or making new ones from the skull of an honored brother in order to permit them to continue fighting alongside even in death.
The sight of a veteran Encryptor with a half dozen las-equipped skulls bringing a rolling wave of death to foes from all angles is one to behold.

Most recently the Chapter had to face with a roaming Tyranid splinter which left the Chapter worryingly under-strength. The cryogenic storage of progenoid glands allowing the Encryptors to recruit rapidly, their difficulty in sourcing new ones demands a higher standard of excellence in their novices to ensure they are well spent. This in turn means the Chapter has cast its eyes further afield for potential recruits.
In the meantime the Chapter’s recent scars against the organic weapon using xenos means the Astartes see them as their preferred target, now wishing to bring retribution and vengeance against those that felled so many of their brothers.
>>
>>46106541
Had these fellows in my head for a while. Might as well see if you can use them at all.
Rolled for some of these, ditching nonsensical rolls and the like. Was reminded of http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44426493/ while writing it up, so there's a fairly fun aquatic hive city too you could grab elements from or rip off wholesale.
>>
File: Imperial Wardens - relateddata.png (870 KB, 2018x504) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Wardens - relateddata.png
870 KB, 2018x504
>>46106134
>too special snowflake
No dude, it's okay. I liked the pastel color scheme too.

>pic related
Also bayonets on bolters were a thing in the past before GW decided it doesnt make MONEEEY! I like me some lascannons with bayonets.

Here are some thoughts on this, bear it with me:

These guys would also be good in defense, stabbing the charging enemy while firing burst.
They could use spikes on their armour for extra protection(which is radical), not chaos like spikes but more imperial-like.
They could spike up their armour for extra CC effectiveness. Knuckle-spikes for punching, or brow-spikes for headbutting. They could wear chains for extra protection over their armour(which also makes them super badass).
They could use bayonet-like apparatus on their other weapons. For instance stabbing dozer blades on predators and rhinos for specific assault tactics.
Dreadnaughts can also have similar stuff, sorry cant think of any right now, too much insomnia.
Since their assaults are dead, they focus on bikers and have spiked assault bikes.
They could carry extra grenades or can have g-launchers on their bolter for charging.
Nothing says trench warfare more than a bayonet.
They can use riot-shields, the ones FW made.
>>
>>46106671
Still rolling them up but these are good ideas, especially the spikes.

I rolled no mercy no respite so basically I made it that most if not all shooting engagements lead to bayonet charges to break the enemy.

Underslung grenade launchers sounds good and trench warfare is my fetish so I'll try to work something about that in too.

I'll post what I have when I'm done and then work on fluff from there.
>>
>>46106892
Mine launchers maybe? They throw and fire mines and anti-infantry baffles to stop enemy charges. Just wait a couple minutes and they've thrown pop-up razor wire and proximity charges and are waiting you you across an insta-no man's land.
>>
>>46106892
So I rolled a twenty-eight and got another chapter as friends, who should it be?

Maybe Space Wolves or Black Templars?
>>
File: Imperial Wardens1 - termin.png (1 MB, 1880x775) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Wardens1 - termin.png
1 MB, 1880x775
>>46106474
Thanks.
Lots of good things about this one.
Lots of flaws and twists to work with.
I'll look into the hive thread, could spurt up a regiment maybe.
Also post an alias if you want to be credited as it.

>>46106952
Mines are reasonable, or scatter bombs.
They could also work with a bro-regiment for pinning weapons support such as mortars. Or ratling snipers.
Instead of taking heavier special weapons they would probably resort to assault-usable SWs. No rockets or H-bolters, yes storm-bolter(or combi-bolters) and flamers(combi-flamers are cool).
Dont forget to post a name if you want be credited as.
>>
>>46107523
Imperial Wardens

Reason for Founding: Strategic prognostication:
"Our tarot cards say there's going to be a threat here, maybe. Found a Chapter!"

Second founding.

Chapter Progenitor: Mortairion

Chapter demeanour: No mercy, no respite.

shooting engagements are always followed up by a bayonet charge.

(They also excell in defensive close combat and trench warfare as such their armour bears spikes on knuckles, shoulders and heads and knees)
Geneseed: Altered stock.
Flaw: Mutated Catalaspian node.

The Marines cannot for more than an 5 minutes without being jolted awake and cannot enter suspended animation.

Chapter flaw: Pride in the colours.

Not many of it's brothers join the deathwatch due to intense pride in their heraldry.

A battle brother of 9th company first squad performed a deed of legend.

He was a stalwart enemy of chaos and slew a Daemon prince.

A fleet based chapter with ten ships all with minor damage after a recent campaign.

Chapter has a unique orginisation

Relies on lightning strikes with bolter charges or siege since they have no assault marines.

The chapter has a prefered fighting style and has thus designed a special bolter pattern to better make use of bayonets

Chapter beliefs in the Purity of Man as such there are little augmentations and a small amount of techmarines

Chapter is still half strength having never truly recovered from losing their assault companies and most of the chapter and have 500-550 marines

This can be fixed after a decade of nominal recruitment.

The chapter is friends with another chapter(Subjugators)

Enemies are chaos Space Marines. (Death Guard)

This is what I rolled
>>
>>46107523
Also that looks amazing thanks!
>>
>>46107523
Phew, was worried I'd just dumped a whole load of crap in the thread in the form of the Encryptors.
In hindsight the colors are a little off putting. I was just thinking the black and white of iron hands with jungle green, but I'm not sure I like it now. Open to change. Need to think of a motto or battle cry as well...
Thought of adding anti-tyranid melta/flamer skulls but those things are heavy as Ollanius Pius's ceramite plated balls. Las and plasma pistol tech seemed the more reasonable option.
>>
>>46107811
They seem pretty fun, really like how they're Iron Hand successors with Tyranid enemies.

Organic VS Machine is a nice theme.

Also the flaw is really good, better than what I came up with for the Wardens.
>>
File: Imperial Wardens1 - penal.png (163 KB, 499x623) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Wardens1 - penal.png
163 KB, 499x623
>>46107211
I just had an idea, theyre called Imperial Wardens right?
Then what if their homeworld was a penal world and they use a penal regiment as fodder. It also justifies dirty fighting style since they also recruit ex-criminals.

>>46107811
I liked the contrasting colors and the tone of green. I might try out some different schemes or termin armor scheme but too tired right now to come up with something solid. I should be an encryptor having no sleep during the night and staying awake to exhausting. A chapter I can relate to.
Also I crave for a techmarine coloring since theyre into tech. They might even have a knight buddy with them, which they saved back in some battle, so the knight is honor bound to them. By Knight I mean the half-titans.
>>
>>46108238
Well I did roll Fleet bound, but it's entirely feasible that they were awarded a world to recruit from and base at after a successful campaign.

Ten ships with a penal world to keep a cordon around it.

But why is it a penal world? Perhaps they were lured into the dark by chaos and the chapter showed up to bring it back into compliance? Hell this could even be how they met the Subjugators!

They fucked that world so hard that most of it's infrastructure was demolished and its populace has to now spend the rest of its days under Astartes watchfulness, both a blessing and a curse?
>>
>>46108238
>currently working on a penal legion
Huh.

Definitely nonstandard penal with the rolls I got, so probably unsuitable to work in conjunction with the Wardens.
Death world mostly covered in cities. Thinking of a hive world that was mostly overrun by cultists. Penal legion made of the planet's old PDF is trying to reclaim it, but due to risk of indoctrination they're treated as a penal legion. Don't want chaos spreading after all.
Interestingly I got Inquisition allies and CSM enemies. Might sleep on it, pretty tired.
>>
>>46108492
Alright, remember chapter enemies are chaos Marines, Specifically Death Guard. So maybe they released one of their patented zombie viruses that turned most of the population into undead slaves?

Maybe the Inqusition called us and the subjugators there and showed mercy to the surviving PDF?

Just something to think about.

Yeah same here about tired, it's 1:30 am.

If the thread is alive when I wake up agan I'll post some more Ideas. Night gents!
>>
File: Encryptors - knight friend.jpg (113 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
Encryptors - knight friend.jpg
113 KB, 873x627
>>46108392
>>46108492
>>46108560
>Fleet bound
Missed that part entirely. So here is a better one.
No planet but instead either a Space Hulk that is used as manufacturing plant using slave-prisoners or a legit Imperial ship used as a manufacturing plant using slave-prisoners. The prison-ship is so crowded that they can call on them as cannon fodder or recruitment stock.
They grow their own Space Prison Empire.

>pic related
Did a quick(and horrible) try on the knight idea. So this is what it might look like.
>>
Name: Hammers of the Abyss

An Ultramarines successor chapter, That was in the process of wiping out chaos cultists on an Ice Planet near the eye of terror. These cultists worshiped the Chaos version of the fantasy God Manann, or if that is unacceptable, a form of Khorne in his hunting aspect, but given an aquatic veneer. Eventually most of the chapter was corrupted, and one of their champions was possesed slew their Chapter master and took over.

They are fanatical followers of their new found deity, but do not have many rules and allow most of their marines to do what they want.

Common mutations involve alterations to their voices that make them sound like aquatic monsters. In addition to their mutations and common demon possession, they carry out biological experiments on themselves and others that has caused them to hallucinate and have bad memories.

They focus on vehicular and and void based battles. Often their tactics are similar to how fish hunt each other. Their victims are either killed, eaten, forced to join their cultists, or are experimented on.

Their favorite prey is a Dark Eldar Kabal, that likes to return the favor by kidnapping their cultists allies to use for what the Dark Eldar use slaves for.

The Hammers of the abyss are fully willing to work with Chaos working xenos, their allied cultists, and are slightly over strength due to absorbing other defeated war-bands.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/csms.php?bpe=1B91D1&bpj=23DECB&bp=22B3A6&bpc=46A5BD&bpn=1577B0&hdt=23A4C4&hrn=92E5E8&hdm=25A8E6&hdl=20E8D1&ey=19285E&er=FFFFFF&pi=20C9BB&nk=13F2DC&ch=47DFED&abs=587BED&bt=1D68D1&btd=10EBD1&cod=2427C9&ull=42C2C2&lll=07F0DC&lft=16DECA&url=4AE8E3&lrl=07F7EF&rft=17E7EB&slt=164E9C&sli=25E6DF&srt=1049AD&sri=1CEBD9&ula=274DD6&lel=1C7EC9&lla=45BADE&lh=0FBBD9&ura=1849C4&rel=1563D1&rla=51BAE0&rh=1399AB&ri=FFFFFF&tr=2B54D9&bg=46BCCF&rb=1696E0&gr=27E0E3&grid=TRUE

Sorry if its stupid, it is my first attempt and had to deal with what I rolled.
>>
File: guard regiment roller.jpg (426 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
guard regiment roller.jpg
426 KB, 1024x640
Rolled 53, 40, 41, 91, 20, 51, 82, 15, 51, 79, 25, 7 = 555 (12d100)

Little out of date, but I guess I'll be rolling here.
>>
We also need some Guard Regiments. And other such things.

>46109147 This is a good start.
>>
>>46109212
I was thinking that the cultist on the original planet might venerate a monster like the squid thing from Europa report and the Hammers of the Abyss are trying to become that monster, but in space. This would explain the biological experiments and why they are fine working with xenos since they have already fundamentally rejected their humanity.
>>
>>46109193
I failed at rolling.

Imperial guard
Regiment Classification = Imperial Guard: A true regiment, drilled and competent in their service.
Recruitment Criteria - All female [m/f ratio adjustable]
Nature of Recruitment - Standard conscription: Average or above-average citizens recruited from all levels of society. (If All-Male, All-Female, Firstborn, or Lottery was rolled on the demographic table, you may select this by default)
Home World - Death World: For these people, life was a war before they could speak.
Home World Predominant Terrain - Ice: Cold-blooded, with hearts of fire.
Regiment Core Units- Siege
Specialization - Guerrilla Warfare
Loyalty Rating- Undisciplined: Will follow the Emperor but don't expect them to bow to authority figures.
Special Equipment - Augmented Troops
Regiment Creed - Steel Over Flesh: This regiment believes the way to victory is through machine augmentation.
Regiment Friends -Adeptus Titanicus
Regiment Enemies - orks
>>
File: unnamed regiment.jpg (358 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
unnamed regiment.jpg
358 KB, 1024x640
>>46109193
does that equate to >pic related
Then we have criminal gangers that are given blessed lasguns that are hauling siege guns across empty desert on a feral world, they also want to die in siege battles and specialize in counter-ins as a PDF force.
This is so fun to visualize.
Guardsmen: Sir, we have located the rebel HQ deep inside the desert it seems they use tents and tunnel-
Commander: Bring out the heavy cannons we will blow their walls to bits.
G: Sir they have no walls, they are in the desert with tents.
C: What do you mean they have "no walls"?
G: They didnt built any.
C: *looks at guardsmen suspiciously* You are one of them!
>BAM! shoots the guardsmen
C: Now bring out the damn siege guns.
>>
File: blank shrug.png (40 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
blank shrug.png
40 KB, 500x327
>>46109606
Dunno mate, I was imagining them as sorta French Foreign Legion, bunch of desert criminals thrown to the mercy of the Emperor. Their blessed wargear ain't actually blessed, it's just what the priests tell them so they think they're lucky. Their primarily fast-moving urban warfare types, good at dealing with groups, but sucky when it comes to big armies and open battles.
>>
>>46109675
Thats what I was thinking, theyre all female ruffians who got duped by priests into thinking they are sororitas or something. Then they are given obsolete weaponry, mostly old mortars and rocket launchers by the munitorum. They ride on old snow-buggies and half-trucks crowding the vehicles like Orks, and their 'guerilla warfare' is taking pot-shots from the vehicles at their enemies then run away. Their augmentations are more duping from the AdMech, they were sold old servitors parts as augmentations. Undisciplined fits right in and the ice world home makes them complain about how hot everything is. They just sweat and swear all the time. They also once got stomped on by a Reaver titan, that was the high of their friendship with the Titanicus.
Damn this is amazing. Now we need a name for these broads.
>>
File: unnamed regiment (2).jpg (50 KB, 360x600) Image search: [Google]
unnamed regiment (2).jpg
50 KB, 360x600
>>46109802
Here is a coloring, male IG didnt satified me so I went with this image, it looks IG enough.
>>
>>46110093
Dezerran Firehearts
Planet: Dezerre
Saying: Flaming hearts keep the cold at bay.
or
Skin ice cold, heart blazing flame.
>>
>>46108856
Prison ship sounds risky, Space Hulk sounds like it would be ok.

The chapter dreams of big things they're hoping to eventually win a world in a crusade and use the hulk as a space station.
>>
>>46109147
I think this is awesome, Im trying to picture this in a 40esque method and not lovecraftian.
If the minor deity is a sea god we can broaden it by saying storm god.
Storms are related to water, rain, sea and clouds(which all are water). There is a matter of lightning which is energy but I think we can just dismiss that.
So Im thinking of a way to make water viable in a combat zone which might be different in every planet.
Its probably that they call forth the storm and the water comes with it, endless rain preceed their attacks and mist covers the battlefield ruining the artillery and sniping. It also damages enemy equipment.
This is workable. Don't forget to post a name/alias.

Can I make a name suggestion?
Abysmal Tridents sounds a lot better in my opinion.
>Here are my reasons:
Trident -> Neptune (Cliche but always works)
Abysmal -> Gets rid of the "of the" part
Hammer -> Hammer is usually Imperialish in 40K besides they dont seem to have any relation to the concept of hammer.

>>46110217
Im imagining Wardens chaining penaliers together then march them off as meat shields against gunfire. One tasty sight.
>>
>>46110361
>"I have come here to you with a choice!" the marine's voice growled out
>In the prison cells thousands listened to his words with rapt attention
>He spoke once more "The world we are approaching is beset by the Enemies of Man, So I say this to you. Our serfs will be making the rounds of the cell blocks with dataslates to offer you a chance at redemption."
>There were hushed whisperings, while it did happen that men and women were recruited from the blocks it was far from common.
>Those who sign their names will be given this equipment: A lasgun with 4 reloads, a flak chest piece, a knife and a single grenade. All those who fight and die will be forever redeemed in the eyes of the emperor. But to those who live await elevation into a chapter serf.
>The whispers grew louder.
>"This is your choice; Fight and die for the Emperor and be elevated to our servants if you survive, or, toil away at the machine forges. Choose wisely."

-An Imperial Warden addresses the cell blocks.
>>
>>46110522
I imagine these penal squads are led by a cadre of scouts and each scout squad is rated n how many of the squad survive the battle.
>>
>>46110558
We can also spin it that them losing half their chapter is what called for these measures to be put in place.

Shit I came up with Imperial Wardens as a name meant to safe guard the Imperium, but it turns out their name also fulfills a different purpose as well.
>>
File: 1414077510884.jpg (189 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
1414077510884.jpg
189 KB, 566x800
>>46103759
How far off base can we get here?
>>
>>46110628
Elaborate.
>>
File: 40261457.jpg (137 KB, 715x1000) Image search: [Google]
40261457.jpg
137 KB, 715x1000
>>46110675
>Elaborate.
Like how non-normal can our shit be?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 400x500
>>46105737
>I imagine like a cocoon, do they break free when they woke up?
Yeah pretty much.
>Also what happens when its used while wearing the armour or for long periods?
They Get serfs or Servitors the break them out.

>Are they SM or normal people or failed-serfs? Do they fight on any occasion or just defend the relics?
They Are a group of Space Marines that protect the original scripts of Sennatus.

>How many of them in an average squad?
Just as many a normal squad, only these are the best in the company.
>What weapons do they use?
The ones they are best with.
>Do they get jump packs when with Assault units or Drop pods?
If the company has a lot of assault marines.
>Are they led by the Cuhnea specifically?
No but they sometimes have an Oroga as sergeant.

>Are they all melee champions? Do they have specific wargear or its anything goes?
Anything goes.
>Do they wear robes or just plain armor?
They wear scriptures about their previous heroic acts.
>Do they have specific color changes to their armour to set them apart?
Pic Related

Also sorry for being a bit late with these but I had to sleep.
>>
>>46110696
Just roll a chaos faction my man.
>>
File: 1377064533424.jpg (167 KB, 700x547) Image search: [Google]
1377064533424.jpg
167 KB, 700x547
>>46110745
>Just roll a chaos faction my man.
Problem is my "Chaos" faction would be fighting with the Loyalist...
Nice Daemonettes prefer the Inquisition over their own hellish kin
>>
>>46110763
The chaos marine tables have things for that, just don't make it too mary sueish.
>>
File: 1389865997987.jpg (153 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1389865997987.jpg
153 KB, 800x800
>>46110788
>>46110788
>The chaos marine tables have things for that, just don't make it too mary sueish.
Eh, I don't know...
Thing is, the "Daughters of the Emperor" are mostly reluctant Sororita turned Female Space Marine.
While they're adoption of the Nice Daemonettes spreading "Sisterhood" to all has netted them quite a few allies, like the Daemonettes themselves they've garnered quite a number of enemies as well...
While I can see bits in the charts that could be blended together to get what they are, I just don't know if the result is sueish or not.
>>
File: 1453338967811.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1453338967811.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>46110951
>Female Space Marine

I don't think that's allowed...
>>
File: 1409348108987.jpg (139 KB, 519x684) Image search: [Google]
1409348108987.jpg
139 KB, 519x684
>>46110997
Hey you were the one suggesting I do Marines...
I was going to go with a Daughters of Peace aligned Order Hospitaller or Female Guard Regiment since OP is going to be up to his eyeballs in Marines...
>>
>>46111030
Hey man, you can do a renegade Soroitas regiment, they're basically fem marines.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. It's up to OP not me anyways.

Good luck on your rolls!
>>
>>46111030
>Daughters of Peace aligned Order Hospitaller or Female Guard Regiment
Very appreciated.

I don't see any story angle with FemMarines, is there a catch?

>>46110724
Very nice design.

>>46110997
Im also thinking that Marines would be too cool to be handling prisoners themselves. Prisoners could be regulated and led by Arbitres officers. Judginators.
They might also servitarize the prisoners who misbehave and tie the other prisoners to the servitor for easier control on the battlefield.
They could send these guys on minefields and everything.
>>
>>46111096
God damn you sleep! YOU CANT DEFE- snoooze.
>>
File: 1418625413176.jpg (877 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
1418625413176.jpg
877 KB, 2480x3508
>>46111059
>Good luck on your rolls!
I ain't going to roll on this.

>>46111096
>Very appreciated.
Thank you...

>I don't see any story angle with FemMarines, is there a catch?
Not really, from an outsiders perspective they'd just be a super secretive chapter that comes down and wreaks the enemies vital shit.
Most of the secretiveness would probably be attributed to their ultra-tall and lithe forms being a mutations of their gene-seed, not that they were an entirely different gender of Marine created through ultra heretical means.
>>
>>46111096
Right, and because they're from big daddy Mortairion they're pretty ambivalent on how their lives are spent, only that they are useful.

And yeah, prisoners would be handled by chapter serfs and local Arbites chapter that they keep on hand in the hulk.

Another thing they could utilize is gun servitor squads and combat servitors. They could mix these guys in with their penal regiments to give them more oompf.
>>
File: Space Marine 1.jpg (47 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine 1.jpg
47 KB, 400x500
>>46103759
First chapter scheme (not final scheme)
Name: Forlorn Crusaders
Why was it founded? Strategic Prognostication
When? 32nd Millenium
Who was the Progenitor? Emperor's Children
Gene-Seed Purity: Pure
Demeanour: No Mercy No Respite
Flaw: We Stand Alone
Chapter Organisation: Divergent Chapter
Combat Doctrine: Close Combat
Specialty: Assault Marines
Special Equipment: Modified Weaponry (Two Handed Power Swords)
Beliefs: Emperor Above All
Strength: Under Strength (trying to recruit heavily)
Friends: Inquisition
Enemies: Emperor's Children
Fluff: Born from the Loyalist remnants of the Emperor's Children, these Marines have learned the lesson from their Elders. Humility is the trait they affect most, which paradoxically drives them to work even harder as they never find what they have done enough.
They are are inspired by Teutonic Knights and Crusaders.
Motto: Strength in Humility

Homeworld: Crux Prime
Terrain: Urban
Rule: Direct Rule
Fluff: A barren world where everything "ostentatious" has been banished in an effort to stay humble. Everyone is encouraged to think about their fault in one of many humongous cathedrals on the planet.
>>
File: Space Marine 2.jpg (45 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine 2.jpg
45 KB, 400x500
>>46111555
Final chapter scheme
These guys fight by getting fuckhueg swords, jumping and Dynamic Entry! their way into cleaving everything into reach.
They refuse to associate with anybody as they believe they should be left alone for their fault.

They are more or less the Anti-thesis of the Emperor's Children: instead of thinking "I can do better!", they keep thinking "I didn't do enough for the Emperor.". This also means they can come across as heavily depressed, but when it comes to it they are willing to redeem themselves in the Eye of the Emperor. Of course, whatever they do to redeem themselves, it will never be enough which could prove to be a dangerous slope even if they are determined not to reiterate their predecessors's folly.
>>
>>46110361
Maybe they could be named Abyssal Tridents, Abysmal has too much of a connotation of sucking and worthlessness.

Perhaps they carry large tanks of water with them, for both spiritual reasons and so they have something to work with on desert planets.

As for the deity being of storms, rather than the ocean, do you think that is compatible with >>46109301
Or should I discard that Idea.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.