[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mortal Kombat Thief Quest #10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 76
File: 0 MKK4.png (345 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
0 MKK4.png
345 KB, 960x720
Hello and welcome back to Mortal Kombat Thief Quest, a continuation of Mortal Kombat Konquest.

When we last left our desperately-hoping-for-a-break hero, he completed his plan to meet with the Black Dragon under the false pretenses of joining their ranks. After fighting and killing Kobra, and discovering his newfound power to absorb the souls of those he has slain, he was taken to the meeting site of the buyer of Shao Kahn's helmet and Wrath Hammer. Upon activating the beacon, the Special Forces attacked and drove off Reiko and his men, capturing Kano and some of his thugs. Cao's deception was successful, and was granted a device that could bring him and his sisters to Earthrealm, but conflict abounds within the young thief as he decides what to do next...

Thread Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA
Outworld Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78sBDa5yWrs

Past Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mortal+Kombat+Konquest

Official Thread Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PLAW-jnJlb_JDSYtuC2xFzXdLJr1VgyRSRoWRZSXN8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Protagonist: http://pastebin.com/e4tKFPzr

Rules of Kombat: http://pastebin.com/xtgE60XZ

Damashi's Twitter: https://twitter.com/DamashiKonquest

Our story continues now!
>>
File: Family.png (531 KB, 652x816) Image search: [Google]
Family.png
531 KB, 652x816
Having made his pact and peace with Nitara, Cao returns to his home to be with his sisters. He still has the device to send them to Earthrealm given to him by Sonya, but he is conflicted. Asylum was promised for all three of them: him, Sanra and Hua. But he still has unfinished business here, and as he sits with his beloved siblings, he can't help but reflect on the fact that he's been saying that a lot lately. He used to never have unfinished business, but now he's involved with so much going on that it seems as though he can only take it as it comes.

He has agreed to help Nitara cross the sea and free her realm. He has agreed to help Kotal Kahn retrieve the Portal Stone, but he doesn't know when Skarlet will return with it. It was quite a distance away, the place where he left her to chase after 'Emperor' Reiko, given that it was a two-hour helicopter ride to get to the Living Forest. And what's more, Kotal Kahn has himself offered to bring Cao and his sisters into the Imperial fold. But could he stomach such a thing? Working for, or alongside, Kotal Kahn? What would his sisters make of it?

Cao sits with his back against the wall with his arms around his sisters. Sanra is asleep but Hua is awake, reading another one of her books. He smiles a lightly tussles her hair a bit, earning him a bright smile. Sanra, still weak from her ordeal but growing stronger, rests comfortably alongside him. He stares up at the ceiling, wanting only what is best for his sisters. Would Earthrealm life truly be better? Safer? Or would they be more protected here? Somehow he doubts the latter, so long as D'Vorah is around, especially after he did what he did to her when they last met. He thinks he still has some of her black blood on his hands.

Of course, there is another option... he could use the device now. Run away from it all and escape to Earthrealm with his sisters, forsaking Kotal Kahn, Nitara and Skarlet all at once. He's always been good at running away...
>>
File: A Family of Thieves.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
A Family of Thieves.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>46095261

What do we do?

>A) You and your sisters will remain in Outworld until your tasks are complete
>B) Use the portal escape device to send your sisters to Earthrealm without you
>C) Hold off on deciding if you will go to Earthrealm until you know more about what Kotal can offer
>D) Go back on your word and use the device now to leave Outworld with your sisters
>>
>>46095279
>>B) Use the portal escape device to send your sisters to Earthrealm without you
>>
>>46095279
>>A) You and your sisters will remain in Outworld until your tasks are complete
And take a god damn nap. You've been awake since forever.
>>
I know the thread just started, but I'd like some more people to pile in some options on >>46095279

A fan on Twitter asked me to write something for Ashrah, so I took the opportunity to exposit a bit more on the current situation in the Netherrealm, tying it back to the altered events in our new timeline that I didn't spend much time detailing. So, we'll kick this thread off with a storytime!
>>
File: 1422931234174.jpg (75 KB, 1024x666) Image search: [Google]
1422931234174.jpg
75 KB, 1024x666
Once, the Netherrealm was united. All of the darkness of that terrible realm, every evil spirit and lost soul, were bound to one being who ruled from atop a great obsidian spire. Shinnok, the Fallen Elder God, Lord of the Netherrealm. For countless millennia was this so, ever since he was cast there and overthrew its previous master. Shinnok had plotted to rule Earthrealm but was foiled through the efforts of the Elder Gods and Raiden, God of Thunder and Lightning and Defender of the Realm of Earth. But even after assuming control of the Netherrealm his lust for power did not cease and for millions of years he waited for the moment to strike, all the while converting the Netherrealm into his worship through his cult, the Brotherhood of Shadow. With the assistance of those such as Quan Chi, his influence slowly spread through the realms until his moment had at last come.

Edenia was newly reborn, separated from Outworld. It was weak and exposed, like a baby fresh from the womb. With barely any army to speak of, only the royal family stood in his way. But his servant Quan Chi had already secured influence over two within their ranks: Tanya, a close friend of the royal family, and Prince Rain, a son of Argus. Although Quan Chi’s usefulness had run thin ever since his capture and blinding during Outworld’s failed invasion of Earthrealm, he was able to secure Rain as an ally before Shinnok took his life, using his power to transform three other demon sorcerers into the Brothers Chi; Nak the Warlock, Torn the Sorcerer and Zarr the Summoner. Instrumental to his plans had been the wraith Noob Saibot, one of Quan Chi’s remaining useful creations. In return for retrieving Quan Chi from his captivity in Edenia, Shinnok granted Noob the power to convert others into wraiths like himself.

Shinnok invaded Edenia and used it as his staging ground to do battle against the Elder Gods. With no gods to defend the realm, it was easy to conquer.
>>
Legions of demons, undead, hellspawn and wraiths invaded almost unopposed, driving the royal family into hiding. With Edenia secure, Shinnok made plans to attack Earthrealm, for recent events had created a weakness within their ranks: Raiden. Ever since absorbing the Crimson Thunder that had taken over the warrior Akayama Kaito, the God of Thunder and Lightning had become corrupt. Shinnok used this to his advantage, cunningly manipulating Raiden into weakening his realm’s defenses and exposing it to invasion from the Netherrealm. But as this happened, warriors from Earthrealm had already reached Edenia and united with the royal family, leading a charge on the royal palace where Shinnok was waiting. As their friends battled the legions of the Netherrealm, Liu Kang and Johnny Cage were all that stood against the combined might of Shinnok and Raiden, with the former having completely corrupted the latter. This Deadly Alliance was powerful, but a surprising new power was discovered in this fight: Johnny Cage’s inner strength. Descended from a Mediterranean cult that bred warriors for the gods, Johnny Cage possessed the power to fend off Shinnok and Raiden, giving Liu Kang the chance to steal the Shinnok’s true source of power: his amulet. With the amulet in hand, they were able to seal Shinnok within, and syphon away the negative energy that had afflicted Raiden, who took advantage of the opportunity to seal the Crimson Thunder within the amulet as well, purging himself of the ancient power’s influence. The invasion had ended and Shinnok was no more. The legions of the Netherrealm retreated and the threat to the realms was no more. Still, the damage had been done and Edenia went about the long process of rebuilding. Raiden and Liu Kang’s friendship suffered from the god’s betrayal and the Shaolin champion began spending more time in Edenia than on Earth.
>>
>>46095279
>C) Hold off on deciding if you will go to Earthrealm until you know more about what Kotal can offer
>>
File: 1774172-noob4.jpg (69 KB, 850x480) Image search: [Google]
1774172-noob4.jpg
69 KB, 850x480
Raiden himself returned to his Sky Temple and remained, overseeing the efforts of protecting Shinnok’s amulet. Johnny Cage would go on to marry Sonya Blade in the wake of this victory, eventually fathering a child, Cassandra Carlton Cage.

But while peace returned to the realms of Edenia and Earth, chaos seeped within the Netherrealm. Havik, a cleric of chaos, saw opportunity and forged an alliance with Noob Saibot, whom he helped free from the clutches of Sub-Zero’s new Lin Kuei clan. Upon his return to the Netherrealm, Noob Saibot was no longer bound to Shinnok nor Quan Chi and set upon conquering it for himself. Converting lost souls and other denizens of hell into wraiths, his Army of Darkness grew and soon they were a legion. The Netherrealm has become embroiled in war as the Brotherhood of Shadow, led by the Brothers Chi, struggles to contain the tide of wraiths that threatens to overwhelm them. The Brothers Chi, in their desperation, turned to the Oni Warlords and their armies of brutish oni. In turn, Noob Saibot began gathering enenra demons to bolster his ranks, the demons of smoke and vapor joining the horde of darkness. The Brothers Chi negotiated with the Baphomet, the Demon King, into fighting for them with his many legions of red-skinned demons and gargoyle-like monsters. Noob Saibot then gained the loyalty of the gashadokuro spirits, adding the giant skeletons to his army. Both forces were powerful and evenly matched.

Any soul sent to the Netherrealm during this time of war finds itself conscripted into one of both sides, largely depending on who finds them first. Those brought before Noob Saibot, the newly-crowned King of Darkness, are converted into a wraith.
>>
But those brought to the fortress of the Brothers Chi are given a choice: service in the Brotherhood of Shadow, and in so doing allowing some of themselves to remain, or transformation into a mindless undead servant to bolster the armies of undead that serve as cannon-fodder for their armies. Most choose the former option.

But recently, a wild demon was found by the oni while out on patrol. They discovered this monstrous she-demon in the midst of a wild rampage and subdued her, dragging her back to the fortress of the Brothers Chi in chains. There they threw her into a cell and reported the news to their warlord masters, who relayed it to Nak, Torn and Zarr, who took an interest in this latest development. They went down to the dungeons to personally observe this wild demon for themselves.

The Brothers Chi approach the bars of the cell as the demon howls and reaches for them, her black skin covered in fissures of fiery orange. Her eyes blaze red above a drooling mouth and a mop of black hair spills from her head.

“Curious,” Nak says, holding up a hand and scratching his chin. “This one seems fresh.”

“She is,” Zarr the Summoner confirms, waving a glowing finger to detect remnants of sorcery upon her. “She only appeared here but a few days ago.”

“Is she one of ours, then?” Torn asks. “An older demon from the time of Lord Shinnok?”

“Yes,” Nak realizes, “but she has recently undergone a transformation. Zarr, what is she?”

The Summoner kneels down to look at her midsection. “She is indeed a member of the Brotherhood of Shadow. Look,” he points. Though difficult to see upon her ebony skin, the symbol of the Brotherhood can be seen.

“So she died outside of the Netherrealm and was reborn here,” Nak deduces as he folds his arms. “But who was she before?”

“Let us discover that, shall we?” Torn asks, motioning for them to step aside.
>>
The sorcerer cracks his gloved hands and approaches the cell, his tattoos and eyes glowing blue. He raises both hands and begins an incantation, causing the demon to fall backwards onto the stone floor and writhe in pain. Circular runes appear on the ground around her as the sorcerer begins a complex ritual of symbology, imbuing her with power. Her form begins to change as her black skin turns to one that is more human. Her body changes into one of beauty, with smooth skin and rose-red lips. Her eyes turn from red to white, gaining brown pupils as her thin fingers lose their claws. Within moments she is changed, no longer a raging mindless demon but a beautiful woman with the symbol of the Brotherhood of Shadow tattooed upon her abdomen.

Torn’s arms drop and his brothers catch him. Ever since Shinnok’s influence over the Netherrealm was severed, they too have become weak, though they have kept this secret from all but themselves, lest their minions and allies think that Noob Saibot would be a better patron to serve. Within the cell the demoness slowly opens her eyes and turns over, breathing heavily as she picks herself up.

Zarr approaches the bars and looks upon her. “What is your name, child?”

“Ashrah,” she whispers.

“Ashrah!” Nak exclaims. “We thought you lost to the Lin Kuei. What happened?”

She looks upon the Brothers Chi and says, “I was indeed lost. For so very long… but now I am returned.”

“Your sisters will be overjoyed,” Zarr replies. “Kia and Jataaka have been so sorely without a capable third. You will help us turn the tide of the Army of Darkness.”

“I desire nothing more,” she smiles.

“Do you remember anything from your time outside the Netherrealm?” Torn asks as he regains his composure. “Any information that may help us?”

“She is still fresh,” Zarr reminds him. “Her memories may take time to return.”
>>
“I remember…” her voice trails off. She strains to recall significant details, but all of her memory is as fog. She knows her name and who she serves, and she knows that for many years she wandered, but places, names, all details are lost. “…Nothing more,” she eventually says. “But I am happy to be home.”

But in the recesses of her mind, locked away by memory and darkness, a shred of something else remains. It is only partially complete, half of it given away while she still walked the mortal realm. It is light, but it is lost within the dark. It slumbers now, waiting to be whole again. And in its slumber, it shares a connection with its lost fragment, silently guiding it back.

---

That's all for now.

I'd be interested in writing more if there's desire for it, possibly following a different character.
>>
>>46095556
I already know the answer buuuut...Turana?
>>
>>46095590

I can write one with Turana, but it would be spoilers for what is to come.

Do you really want one?
>>
>>46095628
You know what? Keep the suprise.
>>
>>46095279
>>46095340
>>46095452

So far A is in the lead. Like I said, thread just started, so I'm going to give it just a bit more time.
>>
>>46095279
A
>>
>>46095736
No problem, it'll give people more time to get in the tread
>>
>>46095279
>>B) Use the portal escape device to send your sisters to Earthrealm without you
>>
File: Sanra.jpg (117 KB, 1280x1106) Image search: [Google]
Sanra.jpg
117 KB, 1280x1106
>>46096171
>>46095452
>>46095340

Cao decides that he will remain in Outworld until his tasks are complete, but inwardly also hopes that he doesn't end up accumulating more tasks the further he goes on. After taking some time to nap and eat, he paces around his room while Hua goes out to spend a bit more on supplies for Sanra, who isn't quite ready to leave home yet.

"What are you thinking about?" she asks him as Cao walks around the small space.

"A lot's happened," he says. "I've got things and promises I've made and all sorts of stuff I've never had to deal with before."

Sanra sits up on her bed and turns to stand up, walking up to her little brother. She stops his walking with a steady hand and looks him in the eyes. "You do what you need to do. If you're worried about me---"

"Of course I am," he interrupts her. "I just got you cured. If I leave now, how do I know I won't come back to find something else has happened?"

"Hey," she nudges him a bit, "what happened to all those times I had to take care of you, huh? Just because something can happen doesn't mean don't do anything. Give me some more credit, you know I can handle myself. I'll start out small; no big-time robberies or anything like that."

He's silent as she playfully tussles his hair, like he does to Sanra. "Don't worry about me so much, little brother."

"I'm just thinking about what I'll do next," he replies. "I might be going away soon."

"With that vampire?" she asks, wary of Nitara's intentions. "I don't like it. I don't know if you can trust her."

"She helped me cure you," he replies. "I gave my word."

"Well... Just be careful when you do leave. I promise I'll do the same."

He nods and gives her a hug. As they embrace, he considers what to do next.

>A) Find Nitara and get ready to leave
>B) Stay in the city and wait for Skarlet
>C) Come into contact with Kotal Kahn
>D) Leave the teleporter device with Sanra just in case
>E) Other
>>
>>46096922
>>B) Stay in the city and wait for Skarlet
>>D) Leave the teleporter device with Sanra just in case
>>
>>46096922
>>B) Stay in the city and wait for Skarlet
>D) Leave the teleporter device with Sanra just in case
>>
>>46096991
>>46096995

Cao takes the small device out of his pocket and hands it to Sanra, putting his hand over hers. "Take this," he says.

"What is it?"

"A way to a new home," he tells her. "But we have to be careful and not use it until we absolutely need to."

"A new home? Where?"

"Another realm. Earthrealm."

Her eyes widen. "How did---"

"I'll explain later, I promise you. But this will take all three of us to Earthrealm. I can't leave yet, not until I do what needs to be done, so promise me you won't use it."

"I promise," she says, taking it and putting it away. "Earthrealm..." She sits on her bed and whispers the name a few times. "How soon?"

"I'm not sure," he replies. "But when I get back, we're going to find a new home there."

He hugs her before leaving. Not long afterwards he is up on the streets, walking towards the secret passage. He opens it up and walks down into the crypt, finding the pool of blood.

Still no sign of Skarlet. He's growing a bit worried. Perhaps something happened...

>A) Wait one more day
>B) Wait two days
>C) Wait three days
>D) Give her a week
>E) Other
>>
>>46097220
>B) Wait two days
>>
>>46097220
>>B) Wait two days
see if Nitara needs anything before we go. ghost Ashrah told us that she was reborn in the neatherrealm, right?
>>
>>46097220
>A) Wait one more day
After that, leave on the trip with Nitara. When Nitara sends us back, we can check again.
>>
File: render.png (168 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
render.png
168 KB, 256x384
>ghost Ashrah told us that she was reborn in the neatherrealm, right?
Nope
>>46097242
>>46097314

Cao decides to wait two days for Skarlet. On the night of the second, there is still no sign of her. The thief considers his options as he approaches Nitara.

"Will tomorrow be the day, Cao, or do you intend to keep stalling?" she asks playfully. "I only can spend so much of my dead sister's money on keeping the crew of the ship I hired here, you know."

"Perhaps," he replies. He then looks at Nitara's amulet and wonders about potentially using it to find Skarlet if she was captured by returning to the place where he had met Reiko and parted from her. Or, perhaps, Nitara can do it herself using her knowledge of Blood Magik and track Skarlet down somehow. Then again, it could be that Skarlet wasn't captured and simply hasn't arrived yet, and could be here when he returns from his quest with the vampire.

>A) Leave with Nitara
>B) Ask to use her amulet
>C) Ask her to come with you in search of Skarlet
>D) Ask if she can use Blood Magik to find the Blood Construct
>E) Other
>>
>>46097505
>A) Leave with Nitara
We'll find out what happened to Skarlet at the end of the trip.
>>
>>46097505
>>D) Ask if she can use Blood Magik to find the Blood Construct
Remember that time I asked you about blood people? Tssst yeeeaaah.
>>
>>46097505
>>A) Leave with Nitara
>>
>>46097505
>D) Ask if she can use Blood Magik to find the Blood Construct
>>
>>46097505
D
Let's get our other weird fucking waifu I guess
>>
>>46097924
Skarlet is a golem. She's (ostensibly) too simple-minded to be a waifu.
>>
File: ar49.png (67 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ar49.png
67 KB, 200x200
>>46097615
>>46097742
>>46097924

"Actually," he says, turning to face her fully, "I was wondering if you could help me with something."

"Not being a vampire?" she asks with an innocent tone.

"Stop that," he says and she giggles, waving away her joke. "No, actually, you mentioned Blood Magik. Can you use it to find a Blood Construct?"

Now her expression changes a bit. "Ah, I thought this would come up. You brought it up right out of the blue the other day, so I knew there could be no coincidence. You know one, don't you?"

"I've met one, yes," he admits. "I'd like to find her."

"Her? How interesting. Tell me about 'her' if you wouldn't mind..." Her eyes flash with interest in the subject.

"Her name is Skarlet," Cao begins. "She..."

>A) I just want to know where she is
>B) She and I have a deal
>C) She serves me
>D) She serves me because it turns out I have Shao Kahn's soul inside me
>E) Other
>>
>>46098032
>>B) She and I have a deal
>>
>>46098032
C) She serves me
You wouldn't believe me if I told you why.
>>
>>46098108
>>C) She serves me
Uuuuu this.
>>
>>46098108
>>46098427

"She's my servant. You wouldn't believe me if I told you why."

Nitara's eyes widen and she grabs him by the shoulders. "Cao! You have a Blood Construct for a servant? Why didn't you tell me---this is fantastic! Where is she? Is she completely subservient?"

He's taken aback by her sudden interest. "I don't know," he admits, "that's the problem. I sent her on a task but she hasn't returned yet, and I'm a little worried for her."

"Ahhhh," Nitara says. "I understand now why you've delayed these past few days. But this is definitely worth investigating---I'm very interested in meeting this Skarlet and becoming more acquainted with her..."

She lets go and paces briefly, considering her options. "I cannot track her down with my magic, but perhaps we can go to the place you last saw her if you use my amulet. We can find her trail from there."

"What about the ship?" Cao asks.

"It's not going anywhere and I can't pass up this opportunity!" Nitara smiles, her fangs glinting in the dim light of the tunnel they are in. "A chance to consume a Blood Construct..."

Cao stops and blinks twice. "Wait. Consume?"

Nitara looks over her shoulder. "Well, of course. What else would a vampire do to someone made out of blood?"

>A) What would this do to you?
>B) I'm not so sure...
>C) I don't want her consumed!
>D) On second though, let's just leave.
>E) She knows too much about me. I'm all for this!
>F) Other
>>
>>46098650
>>C) I don't want her consumed!
>>
>>46098650
>>C) I don't want her consumed!
What?! No!
>>
>>46098650
>C) I don't want her consumed!
I never asked for her, but you can't just eat people who work for someone else.
>>
>>46098811
>>46098816
>>46098907
Such an interesting sort of loyalty. Cao doesn't (immediately) want to become Shao Kahn, and Skarlet is constantly bugging him to become Shao Kahn, but Cao wants to protect Skarlet from the vampire.
>>
>>46098811
>>46098816
>>46098907

"What?! No!" he protests and takes a step back. "I never asked for her service, but you can't just eat people who work for someone else."

"But Cao," she says in a soothing voice, attempting to assuage his fears, "you don't know what this means to a moroi like myself!"

"Well, explain then," he demands. "I don't know her very well... But I can't just let her get eaten. That's... Look, I just spent a lot of trouble to stop my sister from turning into a vampire. And for the first time in my life, I have someone serving me! Why should I let them be drunk up by you?"

"She's not truly a person, you know," Nitara says somewhat dismissively. "She's a construct. She was made from the blood of the dead. Everything about her was designed by her maker; it's arguable if she even has free will." She waves a hand away as she adds, "In fact, she's practically just a tool."

"A tool is one thing but Skarlet is something else," Cao insists.

"Okay, calm down," Nitara says in a relaxed tone. "I only meant it as a figure of speach. But Cao, she doesn't feel as we do. She doesn't think for herself as we do. Would it be ignorant of me to assume you tried denying her service, since I know you too well?"

"Well... I did..."

"And what did she do? No need to answer---I already know. She refused, because she's incapable of independence." Nitara approaches him and folds her arms. "It might be hard to understand, but she isn't a person in the same sense like we are. She doesn't eat, doesn't sleep---she is fueled by blood. Even a vampire needs to sleep and eat but she is blood given form."

"How do you know all of this?"

"I have studied Blood Magik for many years. I know the lore of the Blood Constructs, so trust me that what I am telling you is true."

"But even if all that is true, what does eating her do for you?"
>>
File: nitara_by_edithemad-d4e4sni.jpg (257 KB, 780x1056) Image search: [Google]
nitara_by_edithemad-d4e4sni.jpg
257 KB, 780x1056
"Power," Nitara says with a smile. "The blood of thousands of warriors mixed into one being, infused by Blood Magik? Consuming such a thing would have wondrous effects on me. It could double, or triple my own power! I could become something so much more than I already am!"

Cao looks at her as she places both hands on his shoulders. "Cao, as much as I like your company, I would be willing to end your obligation to come with me on my journey if you allowed me this."

"What? Why? I thought you wanted an equal."

"This is true," she nods. "And if I did consume Skarlet, I would still want you to come with me, but the power I would gain would more than ensure my success and safety in the ashlands to the east. I could protect myself from anything if I had the power of a Blood Construct coursing through my veins."

Cao isn't sure how he feels about that. On the one hand, it would release him from his vow to Nitara. On the other hand, it would mean the death of Skarlet.

The moroi stares intently at him and awaits his decision.

>A) Refuse; Leave with Nitara
>B) Ask Nitara to help you find Skarlet, but not to consume her
>C) Agree to Nitara's plan to consume Skarlet
>D) Ask her if she would be willing to only partially consume Skarlet every now and then
>E) Ask more details about what would happen if she fully consumed the Blood Construct
>F) Other
>>
>>46099332
>>A) Refuse; Leave with Nitara
No eating my bitch.
>>
>>46099332
>A) Refuse; Leave with Nitara
D) Ask her if she would be willing to only partially consume Skarlet every now and then
We'll leave Skarlet alone, at least for now. Although, we may have to ask Skarlet's consent.
>>
>>46099332
>>A) Refuse; Leave with Nitara
>>
>>46099332
I wonder if fucking Skarlet is like having sex with a woman constantly on her period.
>>
>>46099332
>>B) Ask Nitara to help you find Skarlet, but not to consume her
>>D) Ask her if she would be willing to only partially consume Skarlet every now and then
This is the hottest option.
>>
>>46099332
>B) No consumu the bloodfu.
Maybe
>D) if Skarlet is ok with it.
>>
>>46099383
>>46099493
The only problem with partially I see, is that Skarlet needs that blood to be effective. Everytime she gets drained, she loses effectiveness and we need her to be top of her game ninja bitch.
>>
>>46099352
>>46099383
>>46099397
>>46099493
>>46099528

Cao turns away to think for a moment. He puts a hand on the wall and thinks about her words before turning back with another question. "Does it have to be all of her? Can't it be a bit, at a time? She stays alive, you get a... a taste?"

Nitara lets out a light chuckle, bringing a hand to her lips. "What, just keep her around and when I get hungry, top off on her? What a silly arrangement that would be."

"I just don't want her to be eaten, she could help me. Can't you help me find her but not consume her?"

"Why would I refrain?" she asks with a curious tone, as if she can't quite understand the logic herself.

"I don't want to lose her, and I don't want you to become something... else."

"Else?"

"I'm already learning things about you I'm not sure I like," he replies.

"Cao, you always knew what I was. You knew it full well when you brought her up the first time."

"Of course I knew what you were, but how could I know that you'd want to eat her?"

Nitara puts her hands on her hips. "Come on, now. Vampire. Blood. Didn't you see this coming? I thought you were a bit more clever than that."

"I guess not, but I don't like it all the same," he says.

"If you're worried that I'll change, I'll still be the same person, just stronger."

"I can't know that for sure," his voice trails off a bit. "You might become... evil."

"I've never been evil," she says, growing a bit defensive. "Selfish, perhaps. Doing what I needed to do in order to look out for myself, yes. Does that make us so different?"

"No," he admits. "But still, I think I'd rather you never meet her."

"I don't want to hurt your feelings, but she's just a Blood Construct."

"Maybe to you, but not to me," he says.

Nitara sighs. "Very well. I do hope she isn't dead, however. Then all this arguing would have been over nothing. What do you intend to do now, then?"

"We leave tomorrow morning."
>>
>>46099899

There is a bit of a silence between them and Nitara breaks it by saying, "I hope this hasn't soured anything between us."

"I just don't want to lose a valuable servant."

"I can understand that. I can also understand if you don't completely trust me. To be honest, I wouldn't trust myself, either. If she were here now, I scarely think I'd be able to contain myself. And if you gave me a drop of her blood I'd likely be driven to frenzy until I drank every last drop." She folds her arms and lets out a laugh. "It's funny. I like to think I'm so in control, but the truth is that even vampires are subject to base instincts. Urges. Sometimes they're simply impossible to control..."

She lets the words hang in the air for a moment before licking her lips and smiling at his uncomfortable reaction. "Tomorrow morning at the Kove, then?"

He nods and she turns away, walking with a sway in her step. "I'll see you there."

She steps into the shadows and vanishes.

>A) Spend the night relaxing in your home
>B) Meet with Kotal Kahn
>C) Take a walk through the streets
>D) Leave the city and head towards the Kove
>E) Other
>>
>>46099923
>>
>>46099923
>>A) Spend the night relaxing in your home
>>
>>46099923
>>
File: 1626967-mm35_pg161b.jpg (58 KB, 400x545) Image search: [Google]
1626967-mm35_pg161b.jpg
58 KB, 400x545
>>46099945
>>46099956
>>46100072

Cao spends the evening with his sisters, relishing the chance to spend every moment he can with them before leaving in the morning. He parts from them with hugs and promises of a safe return. They all split their koins evenly and he takes his share before leaving for his journey.

He leaves the aqueducts and heads up onto the streets. As he walks, though his identity is kept hidden by Ashrah's hat and a simple cloak, he realizes something is following him.

The little lizardfolk. He curses his luck as the small creature follows along behind him. 'How did he even track me down? Scent, perhaps. Never should've given him that koin...'

>A) Lose him
>B) Talk to him
>C) Kick him away
>D) Give him another koin
>E) Other
>>
>>46100251
>A) Lose him
>>
>>46100251
>B) Talk to him
>>
>>46100251
>>B) Talk to him
This supposed to be like Cao's Tortek or would that be Skarlet?
>>
>>46100251
>B) Talk to him
What does this fucking lizard even want?
I suggest
>A) Lose him
If we can't lose him.
>>
>>46100251
>>B) Talk to him

I like the tiny Saurian...
>>
File: Speelock 1.jpg (28 KB, 220x273) Image search: [Google]
Speelock 1.jpg
28 KB, 220x273
>>46100274
>>46100304
>>46100305
>>46100322

Cao ducks down an alleyway and surprises the little lizard when he wanders in after him. He points a finger at him. "Alright, I'm a bit busy at the moment without having to deal with you. What is it?"

The saurian runt reaches to his belt and takes out a small bag. He opens it up and pours out three koins onto the ground; sapphire, ruby and onyx. He gathers them into his tiny palm and holds them up to Cao, who is a bit bewildered.

"What? For me?"

The lizard nods and Cao takes them. He regards the scrawny little thing in a new, slightly confusing light. "What's your name, little guy?"

"Speelock!" he beams.

"Speelock, huh?" Cao pockets the koins. "Why give me three, when I gave you one?"

He points to his chest. "Nobody like Speelock. Everyone kick Speelock." Then he points back at the outworlders. "Not you. You give Speelock koin. You friend!" He then points at the koins and says, "Friends share koins!"

Cao can't help but let out a laugh. "Well, where'd you get them?"

"Speelock sneaky," he replies.

"Sneaky, huh?" Cao says. "Well, honor among thieves, eh?"

>A) Part with him
>B) Ask him to come with you
>C) Introduce him to your sisters
>D) Kick him
>E) Other
>>
>>46100546
>>C) Introduce him to your sisters
>>E) Pat his head

Everyone likes headpats
>>
>>46100546
>A) Part with him
It's safer for him not to get involved in vampire business.
>>
>>46100598
YEAH! This one.
>>
>>46100598
The paranoid in me thinks Speelock is only playing nice just so he can stab Sanra in her sleep or something.
>>
>>46095279
>>
>>46100753

Bit late there anon
>>
File: The_Kove.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The_Kove.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>46100598
>>46100677

Cao pats Speelock on the head, who seems to greatly enjoy it. He takes the little lizard down into the tunnels, where he introduces him to Hua, who is only an inch taller than him. He tells her that Speelock might be a helpful ally if they help him, telling her about the three koins. She nods and walks off, talking to the small lizard. Cao watches them go and worries for a moment that it might have been a mistake, but perhaps not. He'll just have to wait and see.

He manages to get out of the city and elude the guards, making his way towards the Kove to the east. Once there, he sees the boat Nitara originally chartered tied up at the dock. Looking down the dock a ways, he sees some of the other ships and for a moment he thinks he sees someone he recognizes...

He tries to find the person again, but all he caught was a brief glance at someone with white hair. Lex? The monk he met in the Living Forest?

>A) Head to Nitara's boat
>B) Search the other ships
>C) Look and see if that was Lex
>D) Check to see if you were followed
>E) Other
>>
>>46101092
>C) Look and see if that was Lex
>>
>>46101092
>>C) Look and see if that was Lex
Secret best girl?
>>
File: 1422679794652.jpg (64 KB, 600x927) Image search: [Google]
1422679794652.jpg
64 KB, 600x927
>>46101214
>>46101224

Cao moves closer to investigate. He rounds a corner of a wooden building built along the docks and discovers that it was, indeed, Lex. She appears to be speaking someone. As Cao looks, he sees that it is a young woman who also appears to be a monk, as she is dressed in similar yellow-orange garb, leaning on a red staff as she gives Lex a rather disinterested look. Perhaps she is also another student of Bo' Rai Cho? He's not close enough to hear what they are talking about, so he can't be certain.

>A) Walk up
>B) Sneak closer
>C) Keep watching
>D) Leave
>E) Other
>>
>>46101365
>B) Sneak closer
>>
>>46101365
>B) Sneak closer
>>
>>46101365
>B) Sneak closer
>>
>>46101374
>>46101465
>>46101495
Perv mind?
>>
File: Ling 1.png (470 KB, 800x1046) Image search: [Google]
Ling 1.png
470 KB, 800x1046
>>46101374
>>46101465
>>46101495

Cao sneaks closer, edging around the other side of the building to get a better idea of what they are saying. He nears them and catches the back half of their conversation.

"Are you sure?" the other one asks.

Now Lex speaks. "I think it's important. How else are we going to know?"

"It could've been nothing. A dream is just a dream. I'm not about to go chasing fantasy."

"I thought you were one for adventure."

"Only if I know I'm not going to be torn apart by---"

The other one pauses for a moment. Suddenly, Cao's eyes widen as he leaps back when a red staff comes flying around the corner in a swinging attack aimed at him! As he jumps backwards, he springs onto a crate out of reflex.

The girl with the staff runs around the corner, its head transforming into a spear. She points it at him threateningly before Lex runs around. "Calm down!" she tells her friend. She looks at him then and her eyes widen. "Cao?"

"Hey," he replies, a bit on edge from the sudden attack.

Lex pushes the spearhead aside. "What'd you do that for?" she asks her friend.

"He was spying on us!" she says in a slightly irritated tone. "What, you couldn't smell him?"

Cao takes a sniff as Lex shakes her head. "This is the one I told you about, the one I met in the Living Forest."

The girl looks back up at Cao with disbelief. "Him? He's a little... short, isn't he?" She's clearly not very impressed.

>A) Reckless: "Tall in other places."
>B) Selfish: "Oh, well pardon me for not buying the fancy soap."
>C) Problem with Authority: "I don't like your attitude."
>D) "Nice to see you, Lex. Who's your friend?"
>E) Other
>>
>>46101664
>>B) Selfish: "Oh, well pardon me for not buying the fancy soap."
>>D) "Nice to see you, Lex. Who's your friend?"
>>
>>46101664
>>
>>46101664
>>46101664
>>
File: Ling 2.png (620 KB, 700x941) Image search: [Google]
Ling 2.png
620 KB, 700x941
>>46101767
>>46101774
>>46101819

"Oh, well pardon me for not buying the fancy soap," Cao says in a sarcastic tone.

The girl rolls her eyes a bit as Lex attempts to soothe things over. "Cao, this is my friend, Kung Ling. Ling, this is Cao."

"Charmed," she says with an equal amount of sarcasm.

The two of them stare at each other for a moment, each clearly not liking the other very much. Lex coughs into her hand. "So! Cao, I thought I wouldn't get a chance to see you again. What brings you here?"

"I'm getting on a boat heading east," he tells her.

"To Bo' Rai Cho's school?"

"No, I don't think so. I'm going with a friend across the sea to help them with something."

Ling nudges her friend. "Come on, you don't really think this guy would last at master's school, do you?"

"You weren't there," Lex replies. "I saw something. I don't know if it was magic or chi or something else entirely, but you've got a power in you, Cao," she says as she turns back to him. "You should find someone to help you master it."

"And a cheaper soap merchant, too," Ling snickers.

"Maybe you should find a more expensive makeup merchant, because yours looks cheap," Cao shoots at her.

Her smile immediately fades and she glares at him. "Say that again?" she asks through gritted teeth.

>A) Insult Ling
>B) Express interest in being trained
>C) Express disinterest in being trained
>D) Excuse yourself
>E) Other
>>
>>46102015
>B) Express interest in being trained
>D) Excuse yourself
>>
>>46102015
>>D) Excuse yourself
Look at the time. Gotta go.
>>
>>46102015
>A)
We're you going for the harlots look?
>>
>>46102015
>>B) Express interest in being trained
>D) Excuse yourself
I think Caowould be at the least curious about the school. It could give him the opportunity to learn to better use his powers in a "safer" way then elsewhere, and he might be able to get more answers
>>
>>46102122
>>46102164
>>46102442

"I am interested in going to that school, but... Maybe I should go," Cao says to Lex, hopping off the crate. He excuses himself and backs off, turning away from them.

"I thought as much," Ling calls out.

He hears Lex say to her friend, "Must you always pick fights? He could've helped us!"

"Him? Pfft. Like he's got any reason to go to the Netherrealm anyway."

Cao pauses for a moment as Lex and Ling continue to argue their points. He hears something within himself calling out...

>"The Netherrealm... I am lost in the Netherrealm..."

'Ashrah...?' he thinks to himself, realizing her voice is the one speaking to him.

>'I am lost, Cao... Without my Light, I am lost...'

He looks back at the two girls arguing and considers hearing Lex out.

>A) Did you say Netherrealm?
>B) Apologize to Ling
>C) Speak only to Lex
>D) Insult Ling some more
>E) Other
>>
>>46102496
>A) Did you say Netherrealm?
>>
>>46102496
>>A) Did you say Netherrealm?
Ummmm. What was that last part? Nitara is going to fucking murder us guys.
>>
>>46102661
There's just too much shit to do.
>>
File: Ling 3.png (903 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ling 3.png
903 KB, 800x1000
>>46102520
>>46102661

He faces them fully and appraoches again, interrupting their conversation. "Did you say Netherrealm?"

Ling seems disinterested again as Lex says, "Ling had a dream last night. She saw some kind of artifact in the Netherrealm." She looks at her friend. "Go on, tell him."

"Why should I?" Ling replies. "It was just a dream. Nothing more, nothing less."

"You yourself said you thought it was real!" Lex objects. She decides to answer for her friend and explains, "She saw an orb in the Netherrealm, some kind of artifact of great power, glowing white. It was being used for evil purposes, such as---"

Ling interrupts her with an annoyed tone. "Is this your idea to recruit help, then? Just telling every stranger we come across about my dream?"

"You saw your father!" Lex reminds her and Ling looks away, not saying another word. "You saw him dying, did you not? How can any dream that vivid about your father dying not be a kind of vision? A portent of things to come or things that may be?"

Ling chews on lip and continues to avert her eyes, not wanting to be reminded of what Lex is saying. The white-haired monk looks at Cao. "I'm saying that we should go to the Netherrealm to look for this orb. She's saying we shouldn't."

>A) Agree with Lex; the dream sounds important
>B) Agree with Ling; a dream is just a dream
>C) Ask how they are getting to the Netherrealm
>D) Do you need help?
>E) Other
>>
>>46102856
>A) Agree with Lex; the dream sounds important
You don't just throw away shit like that.
>>
>>46102856
>>A) Agree with Lex; the dream sounds important
>>C) Ask how they are getting to the Netherrealm
>>
>>46102856
>>C) Ask how they are getting to the Netherrealm
>>
>>46102856
>>
>>46102884
>>46102903
>>46102929
>>46102930

"I think I agree," he nods at Lex. "Dreams are important sometimes, especially ones that seem real, the ones you remember. I used to have a dream where---"

Ling cuts him off. "I don't care."

Cao stares at her, fuming a bit as Lex puts a hand on her friend's shoulder and whispers something in her ear. Ling huffs for a moment before turning around and walking away.

"I'm sorry for her," Lex says after a moment. "She's very nice, really... once you get to know her."

"Sure," Cao nods. "So... How are you getting to the Netherrealm?"

"Ling has an acquaintence with a nethership, a ship that can sail between realms. My plan is to find them and sail right into hell so we can take them on and find that orb."

"What exactly was her dream about? What orb?"

"She saw a magical orb being used by a great evil. She saw this evil using it to kill people she cares about, but would never admit to, like her father and Bo' Rai Cho. I think it's a warning, a sign, that we need to find the orb and take it."

Lex puts her hands on her hips and looks back at Ling, who stands on the other side of the street with her back to them, deep in thought. "I know she feels the same way. She just needs a bit more convincing."

>A) Who owns this boat?
>B) Well, good luck
>C) When are you leaving?
>D) Stealing an orb? Do you need a thief?
>E) Other
>>
>>46103072
>B) Well, good luck
>C) When are you leaving?
>>
>>46103072
>A) Who owns this boat? Nethership? Is that a boat that can appear and disappear into a magic mist?
>>
>>46103072
>>C) When are you leaving?
I'm needing to head out and do this other thing, but depending on when you were leaving, I'd like to help as well
>>
>>46103072

>>B) Well, good luck
>>C) When are you leaving?
>>E) Other
"This is a terrible plan. You guys don't even know where the orb is exactly or how to reach it." Let's just fight a million demons till we reach the orb.
>>
>>46103299
Because we definitely didn't steal from its owner or anything
>>
>>46103383
>Let's just fight a million demons till we reach the orb.

You are aware who we're talking to right
>>
>>46103402
....I can only imagine that Cao would think this would be ridiculous.
>>
>>46103128
>>46103365
>>46103383

"Well, good luck. When are you leaving?"

"Next boat that heads southeast," she says. "You sure you need to head east with your friend?"

"I gave her my word," Cao replies.

"And I mine to someone else, too." She offers Cao a smile and a hand, which he clasps. "Until we meet again."

He shakes her hand and they part from each other. He turns back to give them a final look, seeing Lex talking to Ling with a friendly arm around her shoulder. He walks to Nitara's ship and steps up the ramp, walking past the crew and down into the hold. There he finds her coffin and brazenly opens it before sitting down nearby.

She unfolds and stretches her arms a bit, yawning. "Cao? Why wake me? You know I was up all night." She rubs her eyes. "Shall I give word to the captain?"

>A) Yes, let's leave
>B) How long will this journey take?
>C) Where do I sleep on this ship?
>D) Don't leave just yet
>E) Other
>>
>>46103557
>>A) Yes, let's leave
>>B) How long will this journey take?
>>C) Where do I sleep on this ship?
>>
>>46103557
>>A) Yes, let's leave
>>
>>46103557
>>A) Yes, let's leave
>>46103573
>>46103623
i think we all know where we will truly be sleeping on this trip.
>>
>>46103675
Between Nitara's titties? Because she's oddly affectionate like that?
>>
File: Coffin.jpg (116 KB, 727x1280) Image search: [Google]
Coffin.jpg
116 KB, 727x1280
>>46103573
>>46103623
>>46103675

"Yeah, let's ship off," Cao says, folding his arms.

She gets out of her coffin and leaves the room. After a few minutes, she comes back and smiles. "We'll be under way shortly. Cheer up! Our adventure is beginning."

He still seems a bit sour. "I don't like the water," he admits in a moment of vulnerability. "Where do I sleep on this ship? Somewhere out of sight of the waves?"

"Aw," she coos, moving close to run a hand down his hair. "Scared of the waves?"

"Don't," he says as he steps away from her. "I just... I just don't like water."

"You can sleep in my coffin, if you like," she says with a smile. "Plenty of room for two..."

>A) Reckless: "I'll take my chances in one of the cabins, thanks."
>B) Selfish: "How about I sleep in the coffin and you don't?"
>C) Cannot Swim: "Is it sound-proof? Is there a way we can keep it from rocking?"
>D) "Alright... conditionally."
>>
>>46103753
>C) Cannot Swim: "Is it sound-proof? Is there a way we can keep it from rocking?"
Does it serve as a flotation device in the event of an emergency?
>>
>>46103753
>>C) Cannot Swim: "Is it sound-proof? Is there a way we can keep it from rocking?"
Why is Cao afraid of water? Did I forget something that happened or is it just one of his traits that I forgot about.
>>
>>46103803
>Cannot Swim: Cao is terrified of the water and what may lurk below its surface due to a traumatic experience during his childhood that robbed him of any desire to learn how to swim.
>>
>>46103753
>>C) Cannot Swim: "Is it sound-proof? Is there a way we can keep it from rocking?"
>>
>>46103753
>C) Cannot Swim: "Is it sound-proof? Is there a way we can keep it from rocking?" - there is no way this can be misinterpreted, at all!

>D) "Alright... conditionally."
>>
>>46103803
>>46103827

I mean there's two separate links in the OP of every thread that has this information
>>
>>46103844
I have read through it but I guess I just forgot about it since it never came up before in the quest.
>>
File: nitara_by_gb2k-d4xkwi1.jpg (525 KB, 582x750) Image search: [Google]
nitara_by_gb2k-d4xkwi1.jpg
525 KB, 582x750
>>46103870

Well, to be fair, we've done a spectacular job avoiding the water up until now.

>>46103772
>>46103803
>>46103833
>>46103839

"Is it soundproof?"

"Somewhat," she admits. "But I doubt you'd hear the waves unless we find ourselves in a storm."

Cao shivers at the thought of being on a boat in the middle of a sea storm. "Can we keep it from rocking, somehow?"

She cocks an eyebrow and grows amused. "I've seen islanders create hammocks that are rather stable... I suppose we could use ropes to suspend it in a net... Rather complicated for a place to sleep, isn't it?"

"If it's not too much trouble," he asks.

She smiles and shrugs, grabbing some rope from the cargo hold. She spends half an hour helping him secure the ropes to four corners of the room before suspending the coffin from them. With enough slack, it hangs in the air in the middle of the room.

"There, wasn't that fun?" she asks with a smile. "Our adventure is already off to a wonderful start."

He opens the coffin and looks inside. It's actually rather nice-looking, with a plush red interior and a pillow. And true to her word, it's big enough for two corpses... or people, in this case.

"Would you like to try it out?" she invites.

>A) Get into the coffin with her
>B) Just you get into the coffin
>C) N-no thanks
>D) Change the topic of discussion
>E) Other
>>
>>46104011
>A) Get into the coffin with her
Vampire spooning comes early.
>>
>>46104011
>>A) Get into the coffin with her
>>B) Just you get into the coffin
I have a feeling if we B she is gonna lay on us. So either or.
>>
>>46104011
>>A) Get into the coffin with her
>>
File: nitara_by_ediprata.jpg (523 KB, 633x886) Image search: [Google]
nitara_by_ediprata.jpg
523 KB, 633x886
>>46104059
>>46104077
>>46104155

He puts hands on the side and climbs within. Nitara does the same, her wings folding so close to her back they might as well not even be there as she comfortably lays down. Cao hugs his side of the coffin as far from her as possible.

This amuses her greatly. "Do you intend to spend every night as far from me as possible?" she asks with a smile.

He slowly moves a bit closer. He feets her foot playfully touch his leg as she closes the coffin lid, putting them in complete darkness. The only thing Cao can hear is her breathing as she moves closer to him. Soon she is agains his back, gently wrapping an arm around his stomach and pulling him close.

"See? Nice and warm. Wouldn't this be nice to fall asleep to every night?"

"But... Wouldn't I just use this coffin during the night, and you during the day?"

"I don't have much of a reason to leave the coffin at all for the trip," she says nonchalantly as she lays her leg atop his. He has to admit, she is certainly warm and soft...

"I do hope you're not uncomfortable," she whispers in his ear. "If you like, you could face me..."

"This is fine," he says. But inwardly he thinks, 'This isn't fine. I'm with a vampire, in that vampire's coffin. What am I doing?' He shivers a bit from her breath on his neck, making them stand up.

"I have a present for you," she suddenly says. "I've been waiting to spring the surprise." Her fingers lightly dance across his stomach and he swallows a bit.

>A) What sort of present?
>B) I'm not interested.
>C) Get out of the coffin
>D) Turn to face her
>E) Other
>>
>>46104439
>>
>>46104439
A stolen virginity is not a present.
>>
>>46104439
>>A) What sort of present?
>>
>>46104439
Say it in scared way. Gulp audibly if need be
>>
>>46104439
>Damashi's spelling is deteriorating
The lewdness of this situation is even affecting the QM.
>>
>>46104439
>Cao hears a belt unbuckl
>>
>>46104439
>Well I'm not so much giving you anything as taking it
>>
File: Draken.jpg (178 KB, 1030x1030) Image search: [Google]
Draken.jpg
178 KB, 1030x1030
>>46104474
>>46104485
>>46104504
>>46104506
>>46104532

"What sort of present?"

"I spoke with your sisters quite a bit while you were away. Well, mostly Hua---Sanra wasn't up to talking much. Hua told me many things, about you and your life, your sister, growing up under Imperial rule. I was quite taken with your tale, you know."

She moves her head closer, her lips barely an inch from his neck. "But one part of your story, recently, caught my attention... And I thought it presented a wonderful opportunity for a present I could give you."

"What?"

"There's a worker on this ship. He recently ran from Z'unkahrah with quite a bit of gold. One hundred koins exactly, in fact. He was looking for a ship to take him away and I just so happened to ensure that he would be hired."

Cao's eyes widen as he realizes exactly who she is talking about. He opens his mouth to say it, but she beats him to it, whispering the name in his ear: "Draken."

He turns his head, though he cannot see her in the darkness. “He’s here? On this ship?”

“He is,” she whispers. “My present for you is revenge.”

Cao can barely contain the feeling bubbling within him; it’s almost a kind of giddiness. Draken, alone and vulnerable, on this very ship soon to be out at sea with no escape… The man who lied to his face about Sanra, sold him and his sisters out for the bounty, the man he imagined a hundred cruel fates for up until this moment…

“I know many things, Cao, and one thing I know for certain is this: there are few things sweeter than revenge.”

>A) I want to decide his fate
>B) You can decide his fate
>C) Thank her
>D) Kiss her
>E) I don’t care about Draken
>F) Other
>>
>>46104682
>>C) Thank her

Time to shank a nigger
>>
>>46104682
Draken dies. This is nonnegotiable.
>>
>>46104682
>>A) I want to decide his fate
>>C) Thank her
>>D) Kiss her
Happening?
>>
>>46104682
>D
>A
We gonna snitch shank that bich
>>
>>46104682
>D
>A
>>
>>46104682

>A
>D

>Kept her word
>Moved the rocks from our home
>Gave Hua a warm blanket
>Has done literally nothing wrong (to us)

For fuck's sake just kiss the fucking vampire you sissy-ass faggots
>>
>>46104875
THANK YOU ANON. IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SINCE FOREVER.
>>
>>46104875
Does "attempted rape" not mean anything?
>>
>>46104682
>>C) Thank her
Vamp comes through for us again
>>
>>46104913
People can change anon. Also it wasn't that much of an attempt. She backed off quickly.
>>
>>46104913

Not if the chick is actually attractive
>>
>>46104973
Attempted-attempted rape.
>>
Cao finds himself momentarily overcome with excitement at the prospect of delivering justice to Draken, so much so that he turns around and brings up his hands to cup her cheeks and give her a kiss, the very first that he initiated between them. "Thank you," he says as he breaks away, but then his mirth fades as she quietly chuckles.

"If I have to deliver a hated enemy to you just to earn a kiss willingly given, I can only imagine what I have to do to earn more..." she says coyly.

Cao backs up and opens up the coffin, a bit too nervous to look her in the eyes. He sits up and thinks for a moment. Nitara sits up as well, wrapping an arm around his shoulder and whispering into your ear.

"What are you thinking of, Cao? How will he die? Drowning, perhaps? Or shall we hang him? We could always hack him to bits, piece by piece... Or we could strangle him, or crush him, or let him slowly suffer and starve... Perhaps thrown to monsters and left to die, like he did for you? Perhaps with koins shoved in his eyes? Maybe something quick? A sword through the belly? Tell me, Cao, oooohhh tell me what you're thinking..." she says with glee.

>How does Draken die?
>>
>>46105086

There, was that so bad? Virginity intact, you pussies

Also

>Perhaps with koins shoved in his eyes?

Yeah that's the stuff
>>
>>46105086
Draken abandoned Sanra to the embrace of a vampire. It's only fair, he be abandoned to the embrace of Cao's vampire. Make sure there's enough left for Shao Kahn to reap his soul. I think we get spectral daggers or something.
>>
>>46105086
>>How does Draken die?
Alright guys... We... Listen closely now.... We sneak up behind Draken... Are you listening?... This is the important part... We stab him in the back with our sword.
>>
>>46105086
I'm on board with this>>46105191

Feed him to a vampire
>>
>>46105086
Slow slicing, let Nitara feed on him during the process.
>>
>>46105191

Oh! Oh! Corner him and bash his fucking brains out with the Wrath Hammer!

Come on guys, let's use it on the guy who deserves Cao's wrath the most!
>>
>>46105226
Cao can't even lift the hammer yet. Knowing him, he'll probably accidentally put the hammer through the hull of the ship and sink the sumbitch.
>>
>>46105226
>Come on guys, let's use it on the guy who deserves Cao's wrath the most!

But he isn't Kotal Kahn
>>
>>46105259
Kotal Kahn's a cunt who killed Cao's parents, but Draken is the first person to bring harm to Cao's sister(s). That's inexcusable.
>>
>>46105259

Kotal Kahn did NOTHING wrong

Draken on the other hand is an actual backstabbing scumbag who deserves to taste the fucking WRATH HAMMER
>>
>>46105226
>>46105300
Summoning the Wrath Hammer in front of Nitara is only going to raise more questions.
>>
File: 1452279695402.jpg (284 KB, 1280x810) Image search: [Google]
1452279695402.jpg
284 KB, 1280x810
>A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor.

Feed him to our vampire, nice and slow. Make sure we suck out his soul.
>>
Let's not absorb his soul, we'd gain the ability of being a fucking coward
>>
>>46105400
Absorbed souls don't directly impact Cao's personality.
>>
>>46105422
As far as we know... They didn't affect Shao because of how fucking powerful he is and he could totally dominate their wills.
>>
>>46105466
To be fair, the only soul Cao has absorbed up to this point is Kobra's, and he got a vague understanding of modern technology as a result. That's knowledge, not personality.
>>
>>46105191
>>46105220
>>46105222
>>46105351

Cao looks over his shoulder and smiles. "Have you ever tasted the blood of a coward, a liar and a traitor?"

She smiles. "Shall I bring him here?"

He nods and she leaves. Cao paces the length of the room a few times. In a few minutes, the door bursts open as two crewmen drag in Draken, kicking and shouting. Nitara follows in afterwards and with a wave of her hand the two crewmen leave, their minds compelled to obey. They close the door behind them and Nitara locks it.

Draken looks up at her. "The hell is going on? What is---" He looks around the room for escape and stops when he sees Cao. "C-Cao!" He backs up to a crate as the thief takes out his dadao blade. He holds up a hand and shouts, "WAIT! Wait! You don't understand! Cao, I had no choice! They cornered me, they knew I knew something, the guards were going to kill me if I didn't talk! I had no choice, I had no choice!"

Cao pauses briefly as he considers what comes next.

>A) Taunt him
>B) Use your dadao
>C) Use Ashrah's kriss blade
>D) Let Nitara feed on him for a bit
>E) Other
>>
>>46105496
>>B) Use your dadao
Not gonna stain the Kriss
>>
>>46105496
>D) Let Nitara feed on him for a bit
>>
This is Outworld. Snitches get WAY more than stitches here.
>>
>>46105496
>B) Dadao
>>
File: Nitara-Mortal-Kombat-MKDA.jpg (290 KB, 732x1206) Image search: [Google]
Nitara-Mortal-Kombat-MKDA.jpg
290 KB, 732x1206
>>46105502
>>46105593

Cao approaches him with his dadao and Draken summons a dagger, throwing the glowing blue construct at him in defense. Cao knocks it aside with his sword and before he can summon another one he turns it down and stab it into the man's thigh.

Draken screams in pain as Cao jams it in, the blade just scraping against bone and connecting with the wood of the floor on the other side. He writhes and cries as Cao twists it, manipulating him into falling onto his side.

"You sold me out... you sold out my sisters!" he shouts as he places a foot onto the wound and presses down while pulling out the blade. Draken's cries fill the room as he grabs his leg and crawls away when Cao brings his foot up.

Cao holds the flat of the blade up to Nitara, who delicately licks the blood from the edge of the weapon. "This taste... it's of a liar," she says. "In my old homeland, liars had their tongues cut from their mouths."

Draken's skin turns pale as he looks up at Cao and pleads, "Mercy! By the Elder Gods, mercy please! Please, Cao! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

>A) Cut out his tongue
>B) Stab him in the stomach
>C) Let Nitara have at him
>D) Beat the hell out of him with your bare hands
>E) Other
>>
>>46105708
>A)
>D)
Then
>C)
Yesssss.....
>>
>>46105708
>>D) Beat the hell out of him with your bare hands
It's one thing that he left us to die but it's another to betray our sister after she defended him so many times.
>>
>>46105708
>C) Let Nitara have at him
Did you show my sister any mercy when you abandoned her to that vampire? SHE LOVED YOU, YOU CUNT.
>>
>>46105777
>SHE LOVED YOU, YOU CUNT.

Well I mean she never talked with amazing fondness of him, but she trusted him to share their secrets with him and did defend him when Cao spoke ill of him. And yeah, they probably fooled around once or twice.

The point is he's a TRAITOR
>>
>>46105833
Then change that LOVED to TRUSTED.
>>
>>46105760
>>46105762
>>46105777

Cao drops the sword and walks over to Draken as he crawls across the room, leaving the bloody trail behind him. The younger thief gets atop him and curls his hands into fists.

"I'll let my sister decide if you deserve mercy," he says. "When you last saw her, she was sick and dying. And you went to the guard and sold us out like the coward and liar you are!"

He smashes his fists into Draken's face at the man attempts to defend himself. Cao shouts as he pummels his face, "She trusted you! Defended you! And you paid her back with betrayal!"

Draken coughs and tries to sputter out words but Cao doesn't let him speak. He intends to repay the debt Draken owes to his sister---not in koins, but in blood. He punches the man until his face is blue and red before standing up with bloody hands.

"Have at him," he says to Nitara, who swoops down and lifts him up. Draken whimpers as Nitara props him up against her with his back to her chest.

"Shhh, shhh," she whispers to him. He cries, his face swolen and pale. "It's me, Sanra... Confess," she urges. "Confess and be forgiven."

"I'm sorry," he cries, tears and blood mixing as they run down his face. "I'm so sorry, Sanra... I did it, I did it, I went to the guards... I took the money... I'm so sorry, Sanra..."

Nitara looks up at Cao, who nods. He turns away as Nitara opens her mouth and sinks her fangs into his neck, but he looks back to watch as Draken's life slowly fades. He sees his eyes closing.
>>
>>46106098

The younger thief approaches him and forces his eyes to be open. He stares into them, ensuring that the last thing he sees before he dies is Cao's face. Draken grows still as his breathing slows.

Cao can see his soul hanging on by a thread in the man's eyes. He squeezes hard as he shakes Draken's head a bit, all the while Nitara suckling away at the man's neck. Draken's soul leaves his body through Cao's hands, syphoned into his being. Cao feels a rush of elation, the thrill of revenge, coursing through him. He's never felt quite this good before after a kill.

He stands up and lets Draken's head fall limp from his hands. Nitara takes her mouth off his neck and rises, her lips and chin stained with blood. Cao takes a deep breath as he revels in the death and the power it brought him, the utter satisfaction that destroying his enemy utterly, reducing him to a mewling, crying mess rewarded him with.

Nitara smiles as she senses his mood. "We should do this more often," she says with a smile. He looks upon her and thinks that she has never looked more beautiful. He feels another desire rising within him: now that he has destroyed his enemy, he wants to celebrate... to conquer.

>A) Thank her
>B) Kiss her again
>C) Take her
>D) Calm down and focus
>E) Other
>>
>>46106119
>A) Thank her
>D) Calm down and focus
I don't think Cao is ready for a literal blood orgy.
>>
>>46106119
>D)
We may have the Khans soul but this is our story not his.
>A)
>B)
>>
>>46106249
Yeah this guy. Do this one.
>>
>>46106119
>>D) Calm down and focus
>A) Thank her
>>
>>46106249
I third this
>>
>>46106249
>>46106286
>>46106390

Cao shakes his head and calms down, quelling the rising bloodlust within him. He focuses on the moment and finds himself again, pushing back the influences that would seek to overtake him. He lets out a long, steady breath.

He opens his eyes and smiles at Nitara. "Thank you," he says, walking over to the taller woman and leaning up to kiss her.

She welcomes the motion, opening her arms to wrap them around the thief as their lips meet. Hers are still bloody and he tastes it on her, enjoying it a bit. His hands find her waist and rest upon her hips as she buries her fingers in his hair, pressing her face more forcibly into the kiss.

After a few moments they part.

"I knew I'd eventually find the key to winning you over, but I think you'll need to make more enemies," she says in a flirty, joking tone. Cao can’t help but chuckle a bit as she kisses his cheek affectionately. “I’ll clean up the body. You should rest, you’ve earned it.”

As she removes the corpse, Cao climbs back into the coffin and relaxes. Soon enough Nitara returns to join him, snuggling close as she closes the lid. He lays alongside her, warm in her arms.

>The trip will take some time.
>How does the rest of the trip pass?
>A) Calmly
>B) Excitingly
>C) Boringly
>D) Lewdly
>E) Other
>>
>>46106536
>A) Calmly
>D) Lewdly
Nitara needs to make a pass at Cao on a regular basis.
>>
>>46106597
Of course, Cao need not meet her at every pass.
>Did you know south sea whale blubber is an aphrodesiac?
>You think everything is an aphrodesiac, Nitara.
>>
>>46106536
>>A) Calmly
>>
>>46106597
Sounds good. But how lewd are we going? Is Cao gonna become a man?
>>
>>46106536
>A)
>D)
Nitara made it obvious she respects it that we don't want to be molested but I doubt she'd going to just sit there this whole time, not after that.

>E)
But I also hope we can take some time to reflect on this business with Khans soul and what that might mean for our future.
>>
>>46106597
This
>>
>>46106597
>>46106613
>>46106660

Look she's going to make passes no matter what

I'm sorry but I mean I feel like the QM is being pretty specific with "lewdly"

As in "Do they fuck or not"

So I say just A
>>
>>46106660
Cao won't go maximum lewd. He'll somehow manage to hold onto his virginity. He needs to lose it to Cassie.
>>
>>46106684

No

Sheeva
>>
>>46106697
The shokan ship has sailed, and it's not coming back to port for a while.
>>
>>46106684
>>46106697
it begins....
>>
>>46106660
>Cao wakes up with morning wood
>"Oh no Cao are you going to stake me?"
>>
>>46106716

A man can dream, damnit.

I still can't believe how hard we fucked up that social encounter.

Damashi, could we have done things differently?
>>
>>46106743
If we hadn't (semi-)successfully robbed Jagara, we wouldn't be on this trip with Nitara in the first place.
>>
>>46106743
To be fair our sisters life was in danger if we didn't get that thing. I say this being totally down with Shokan.
Also between Kaito and Cao we really have been horrible to Jagara.
>>
>>46106810
It's not her fault her dad was a cunt.
>>
File: sheeva_by_valsiak-d3fnhn8.jpg (233 KB, 900x1416) Image search: [Google]
sheeva_by_valsiak-d3fnhn8.jpg
233 KB, 900x1416
>>46106739

This is canon

>>46106743

Yeah, of course. I had spent a lot of thought about it. You know, I imagine the shokan as being extremely tantric in their lovemaking, very focused on inner and outer pleasure; lots of massaging and probably a lot of candles to set the mood (or a roaring fireplace). They want to feel comfortable, at home, you know. I think the foreplay must last an exceptionally long time and there are probably quite a few ritualistic/traditional things that go into a proper, loving shokan mating. I imagine lots of rubbing, probably like oils or scented lotions, but constant motions with the arms. I mean, when I picture Jagara or Sheeva, I obviously consider the latter to be very dominant and would lead the lovemaking, probably in a very tight embrace, while the former, being younger, would be more submissive but just as eager to rub and squeeze every inch of her lover's skin.

Sorry to torture you, Sheeva Anon, but since Cao will probably never get some four-armed women I thought you'd like to know what could have been.
>>
>>46106864
Goddamnit damashi
>>
File: 1454190024223.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1454190024223.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>46106864

>dominant tantric love

GOD DAMNIT NOW I WANT IT MORE
>>
File: Screenshot (486).png (255 KB, 533x471) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (486).png
255 KB, 533x471
>>46106864
>>
>>46106967
>that gif
Jesus Christ anon
>>
File: 1374620815954.jpg (158 KB, 580x735) Image search: [Google]
1374620815954.jpg
158 KB, 580x735
>>46106864
Look what you've done, Damashi. Now anons will stop at nothing to get Sheeva.
>>
>>46106864
Damashi don't do this to us.You wrote the love scene between Mileena and Kaito maybe you can write a noncanon scene with Sheeva
>>
>>46107140
Or we could just try harder to get a Shokan? I mean it's not like Damashi isn't the nicest QM when it comes to waifus. And it's not like Jagara and Sheeva are the only ones.
>>
>>46107258
>Thinking we have a chance with a Shokan now
You're optimistic I'll give you that
>>
Is the thread over?
>>
>>46107305
I stand by what I said before, if we're dead set on it we can bullshit our way into their good graces.
>>
>>46106597
>>46106653
>>46106663
>>46106668
>>46106682

The rest of the journey passes calmly, without any trouble or excitement, but it isn't particularly boring, either. The trick with the coffin worked quite well, as it turns out, with the thief feeling only minimally seasick, and usually only when he catches a glance of the open water stretching endlessly in every direction.

Cao spends most of his days during the journey working out in the hold of the ship, keeping himself fit, usually while Nitara lounges nearby and watches. He eats his meals of supplies from the ship's stores that Nitara purchased for the journey and drinks good water and wine in his meals with the vampiress. And at night, he lays in the coffin alongside her, their limbs intertwined in a warm, cuddling, soft embrace.

Sometimes, they kiss, but Nitara never progresses further than that, keeping to her word. She also makes no attempts to bite or suck his blood and Cao comes to trust in her more and more with each passing day. He's content to initiate their more passionate moments, their tongues dancing against each other playfully in the darkness of the coffin as their hands roam over each other's backsides. The time spent with her is pleasant and he finds himself happier for it. Through their many candlelit dinners he comes to know her a great deal; places she has been and things she has done, and he tells her much of the same. It's starting to become more like an actual relationship, which he rather likes.

She has been to Earthrealm before, many times in fact. "Humans are easy prey," she said nonchalantly. He asks her about Earthrealm life and she goes on about their lifestyle, technology, culture and more. He learns much from her tales of Earth and files it all away for things to reference if he makes the decision to travel there with his sisters.
>>
>>46106848
Yup, and we killed him, and made her cry.
>>
>>46107437

Eventually they reach their destination across the sea. They depart from the ship during the setting of the sun and step onto the land, with Cao thankful to have his feet back on solid ground. The two of them survey the lands and find them barren.

"We must head east, into the Golden Desert," Nitara tells him. "It will be difficult to travel during the day, so we will need to construct or find shelter during the night."

"What comes after the desert?" he asks.

"The Ashlands, and in the center, the Abyss of Fire. There lies the Lava Shrine, where the orb I seek to free Vaeternus lies waiting."

She begins her trek east and Cao walks alongside her.

>A) Keep straight east, into rolling and uneven dunes
>B) Walk slightly southeast, along the taller dunes
>C) Walk slightly northeast, along the flatter saltlands
>D) Head north or south along the coast until you find a new route
>E) Other
>>
>>46107460
>C) Walk slightly northeast, along the flatter saltlands
>>
>>46107325

Not yet, but I'm going to bed in a bit. We'll be resuming tomorrow around 10/11 est.
>>
>>46107460
>>C) Walk slightly northeast, along the flatter saltlands
>>
>>46107460
>>C) Walk slightly northeast, along the flatter saltlands
>>
File: Can't do that on a blue board!.jpg (209 KB, 675x848) Image search: [Google]
Can't do that on a blue board!.jpg
209 KB, 675x848
>>46106895
>>46106967
>>46107097
>>46107132
>>46107140

You know, while I'm at it, I imagine shokan culture, while it puts strength on a pedastal, to be very spiritual. They are a proud people, deeply connected to the dragons within their lineage (except for those weird tigrar furries) and they take their oaths and honor very seriously. They likely see affronts to their honor and the breaking of oaths to be stains upon their immortal souls, which they would be judged upon for all eternity. Hence, a shokan would never betray their lover or commit adultery, always remaining faithful to love and to family, hence Jagara's complicated love for her father despite what he became. A shokan's romance I do not feel would be subtle. They are won with actions and they attract their mates with feats of strength, heroism, nobility and valor. They seek a capable mate because they hold very strong opinions on bloodlines and would only risk harming the bloodline if the mate is truly worth it. But as said before, a shokan bond is one that is forever unbroken, from friendship to lovers.

They also have really sexy baths, pic related.

I'll be back in the morning.
>>
>>46107809
Goddamnit Damashi, next time we're having a third protagonist so we can land Shokan tail.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 1024x576
>>46107809
>A shokan's romance I do not feel would be subtle. They are won with actions and they attract their mates with feats of strength, heroism, nobility and valor. They seek a capable mate because they hold very strong opinions on bloodlines and would only risk harming the bloodline if the mate is truly worth it. But as said before, a shokan bond is one that is forever unbroken, from friendship to lovers.
>>
bump
>>
>>46107541
>>46107629
>>46107751

Cao and Nitara walk slightly northeast, into flatter ground. As the sun sets, the last few orange rays streak across the sky and the clouds begin to turn purple. Soon enough they are in the heart of this falt, salty terrain, continuing on. Nitara does not know how many days the journey will take on foot but she is glad to have someone along with her.

"Can't you fly?" Cao asks after a little while.

"I can," she nods.

"Well... You're strong enough to carry me, aren't you?"

She giggles. "I didn't think you'd want to ask to be carried, so I spared your dignity. Unless you want to be...?"

>A) Be carried
>B) See if she can climb with you on her back
>C) Keep walking
>D) Rest for a little bit
>E) Other
>>
>>46112967
>A) Be carried
We should've done this sooner.
>>
>>46112967
>A) Be carried
>>
>>46112967
>A)
We'll get there faster and it's the funniest option
>>
>>46112967
>>A) Be carried
Make sure to sing a whole new world
>>
File: nitara_by_ladymadcat.jpg (617 KB, 1220x1720) Image search: [Google]
nitara_by_ladymadcat.jpg
617 KB, 1220x1720
>>46113299
>>46113369
>>46113426
>>46113487

Cao stops and rubs the back of his head, mumbling something. She turns around. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Carry me, please," he says as he looks away.

She approaches him with her hands on her hips as she leans a bit closer. "That wasn't so bad, now was it?"

With a sudden scoop, she bends over and picks him up, cradling him in her strong arms. She holds him tight to her as he nervously averts his eyes. After securing her hold on him, she says, "Look at that, it's like you're my blushing bride-to-be."

"S-shut up," he says, folding his arms against himself.

She can’t help but let out a playful giggle. "I'm sorry, I can't help it. You're just too cute when you're all huffy and embarrassed." With the hand closest to his head, she turns it and gives him a long, slow kiss. She tilts her head and deepens it for a moment, dragging her tongue across his lips before breaking away. “It’ll be a nice ride, I promise. Hold on!”

Spreading her wings and bending her legs, she takes off into the air. Cao closes his eyes as she soars upwards, her large wings flapping against the wind. He wraps his arms around her neck, afraid of falling, but her grip on him is tight and safe. As they level out and begin gliding across the landscape, she looks at him and says, “See? I told you. Ahh, it’s been far too long since I’ve given my wings a good stretch!”

Cao nods and tries not to look down.

>A) Fly straight and true
>B) Do some tricks
>C) Distract her while she is flying
>D) Actually, I don’t like this, get me down!
>E) Other
>>
>>46113491
Having a bird's-eye view is enough.
>>
>>46113491
>C) Distract her while she is flying - magic/slight of hand tricks to not think about falling.
>>
>>46113491
>C)
She gets to tease us we get too tease her.
>>
>>46113491
Don't really want to end up crashing into some dumb shit.
>>
File: goldendesert.jpg (106 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
goldendesert.jpg
106 KB, 640x480
>>46113537
>>46113597
>>46113515
>>46113698

As they fly, with Cao carried like a bride in Nitara's arms, a wicked idea comes to his mind. She's been toying with him for so long---why not toy with her a little?

He turns his face towards her neck and moves closer before burying his face in her skin, lightly kissing and suckling on her neck. She gives a gasp of surprise. "Cao? What are you doing?" she says as she dips a little lower before rightening herself. He doesn't respond and continues his play, biting her a bit, giving the vampire a taste of her own medicine.

It doesn't have quite the intended effect, as she rather likes it. Her breathing grows a bit heavier and she indeed becomes distracted, but by other things. She also clearly doesn't enjoy the sudden distraction as she struggles to fly in a straight line, but she loves the attention he is lavishing upon her, saying his name in small gasps in a whispered tone.

Despite this new game, she manages to fly straight and true for some time. Night passes and the sun's rays begin to appear over the horizon. By now Cao has ended his playing, though a bright red mark is left upon her neck.

"Look," she says pointing with her chin up ahead. "Temples built into the mountains!"

Cao turns and sees the large, ancient structures. "We should investigate," Nitara suggests. "Perhaps it will be a good place to settle for the day."

>A) Agree and land
>B) Look for a cave instead
>C) Continue on past it
>D) Land nearby and observe it for a while
>E) Other
>>
>>46113738
>A) Agree and land
>>
>>46113738
>B)
Nitara will relax there while we check the place out just incase. If it's safe and we still have time we bring her in.
>>
>>46113738
>A) Agree and land
What's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>46113738
>>A) Agree and land
>>
File: 527048-13_008.jpg (183 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
527048-13_008.jpg
183 KB, 700x394
>>46113763
>>46113809
>>46113846

"Let's give it a look," he agrees and she dives down a bit. He holds on tightly as they land outside the large structure. Approaching its large entrance, they find the doors open and the interior dark. Nitara hurries inside to escape the oncoming rays of the sun.

It appears to be some kind of ancient temple, with statues, pots and stone carvings lining the walls. Columns and pillars of intricate artwork line the halls, some of them broken. A large hallway opens up, running deep into the mountains this structure is built into.

"I wonder how far it goes," she muses.

>A) Keep going deeper
>B) Explore the upper levels
>C) Camp near the temple entrance
>D) Split up and search for a bit
>E) Other
>>
>>46113939
>A) Keep going deeper
>>
>>46113939
>B)
Then
>C)

We can explore a bit while Nitara rest. Vampires need rest right?
>>
>>46113939
>A) Keep going deeper
>>
>>46113963
>>46114017

Nitara and Cao continue onwards, through the slowly-descending tunnels where light grows thin. Cao takes a moment to grab a torch from a wall and ignite it after dipping it in a pot of oil and they move deeper. The artistry of the painted walls begins to fade as the flood becomes less-worked and more like sand. They approach an opening and step out into it, discovering they are in a massive underground cavern with only the faintest of light bleeding through cracks in the stone ceiling, illuminating a massive lost citadel at the heart of the mountain.

"It's a palace," Nitara says in wonderment. "Magnificent, isn't it?"

"Ancient," Cao replies, staring up at the half-buried structure, some of it toppled away and other parts immersed completely in sand, but a large stone staircase leads up to the grand entrance.

>A) Explore
>B) Head back
>C) Wait here
>D) Split up
>E) Other
>>
>>46114073
>A) Explore
>>
>>46114073
>A)
>>
>>46114073
>>A) Explore
>>
>>46114073
>>A) Explore
Lets go full Indiana jones
>>
File: sandlantis-interior.jpg (226 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sandlantis-interior.jpg
226 KB, 1280x720
>>46114080
>>46114111
>>46114112
>>46114173

Driven by curiosity and wonder, they both proceed towards the large structure. The palace is enormous and ancient, with no outward signs of anyone inhabiting it. As they walk up the stone staircase that rises from the sand towards the entrance, they observe the round architecture of its many towers and chambers, some of them fallen or exposed from being broken. Debris litters the area and great sections of walls that fell long ago decorate the landscape, but all is eerily silent.

They reach the top of the stairs and discover the massive entrance is open, with one golden door three times their height having fallen and lying off to one side. “This was a place of great wealth and power, once,” Nitara says. “I wonder what remains of them?”

As they step over the door, she adds, “Another civilization long ago plundered and left to die at the hands of Shao Kahn, no doubt.” Her voice is distasteful, especially when those last words are spoken. “Sights such as this remind me of why I desire to bring about my realm’s return.”

They enter a dark entry hall that stretches on towards a great throne room.

>A) Explore the throne room
>B) Search for a treasure vault
>C) Climb the stairs and seek out a bedroom
>D) Talk to Nitara about her quest
>E) Other
>>
>>46114329
>>
>>46114329
>>
>>46114329
>A)
While were at it
>D)
>>
>>46114329
>>D) Talk to Nitara about her quest
Maybe ask her what her realm was like before it got conquered
>B) Search for a treasure vault
Seem the most likely places for find something important
>>
They walk down the great carpet leading to the throne room. As they do, Cao asks, "What were your people like... before, you know, Shao Kahn?"

"Gatherers of knowledge," she says as they pass through an archway and step into a large hall. At its heart is a solitary chair, empty and covered in dust. "It is said that no archives were greater nor more complete than those of the moroi of Vaeternus."

"What did they do with this knowledge?"

"Apparently it wasn't great enough to stop the conqueror," she replies somewhat coldly. "But it is the only home my people know, and so I will return it to its glory."

She steps up to the throne while Cao lingers behind and she boldly sits upon it, crossing her legs. She smiles as she places her chin in her palm and waves her other hand while proclaiming, "Behold! I am Nitara, Queen of the Sand!" She laughs as she relaxes in the chair. "What a dismal life it must be, to rule. Constantly polishing a single chair for all your days while everyone looks to you to solve thier problems." She gives a dismissive snort and waves the notion away.
>>
>>46114817

"So you don't want to be the queen-savior of your people?" Cao asks, looking around the room to ensure that sitting on the throne didn’t trigger some sort of trap.

"We didn't have kings or queens or emperors," she replies. "We had a ruling council of equals. Still... I expect I'll hold some place of importance when my world is returned. Perhaps they'll even build statues of me. That I wouldn't mind. But to rule? No."

She lets out a yawn then, stretching out her arms, legs and wings. "I spent all night flying. There must be some kind of royal bedchamber around here; this chair is still in good condition, so perhaps the bed is too." She rises from the throne and walks off, looking back at him. "Well? Are you coming? I hope you don't intend on making me sleep alone when I've grown so accustomed to your presence."

Cao swallows a bit as her sultry tone returns; there’s more to her request than merely sleeping.

>A) Go with her
>B) Find your own place to sleep
>C) Explore a bit more
>D) Leave this palace and head back towards the surface
>E) Other
>>
>>46114830
>C)
"You can entertain yourself until I get there."
>>
>>46114830
>B) Find your own place to sleep
After we find someplace then we can
>C) Explore a bit more
>>
>>46114830
>>C) Explore a bit more
>>
>>46114830
>C) Explore a bit more
It's going to suck to get Cao's sleep schedule back in order.
>>
>>46115027
You got that right, homie.
>>
>>46114884
>>46114891
>>46115002
>>46115027

"You can entertain yourself until I get there," Cao says. "I'm going to have another look around."

"Don't keep me waiting," she smiles before walking off.

Cao run a hand through his hair. He's not sure he's ready to take a step like that yet, but he can't deny that part of him wants to go with her. He is rather tired at the moment, but he busies himself and keeps his mind occupied by searching the lower levels of the palace, passing through ancient and forgotten halls and empty, plundered rooms.

But there is one he comes across that is not open: a vault door. It is a massive thing, two slabs of gold iron, with runic symbols etched upon it and surrounded by statues of dragons and carvings of stone, marble and obsidian. A keyhole is in the center.

He can only imagine what it must lock away. Treasure? An armory? Some great power or magical artifact? Or perhaps it is meant to keep something inside? As he runs his fingers across the surface his curiosity only grows.

>A) Attempt to pick the lock
>B) Search for a key
>C) Explore elsewhere
>D) Join Nitara
>E) Other
>>
>>46115245
>A) Attempt to pick the lock
>>
>>46115245
>>D) Join Nitara
....Nope. No more unleashing ancient evils.
>>
>>46115245
>>D) Join Nitara
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 76

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.