[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
">Its not D weapon so its not OP Eldar" editio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 1448667905699.jpg (718 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1448667905699.jpg
718 KB, 1024x768
">Its not D weapon so its not OP
Eldar" edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>/TG/ Argument lore and tactica
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Butthurt

>New Chaos stats and painting guides
http://m.instructables.com/id/Bloody-Broken-Glass-Cupcakes-for-Halloween/

>Best Space Marine Chapter
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Phantoms" edition.
>>
>No thread subject
>Two different "editions"

Thread's starting out great.
>>
File: 20150922_130118.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150922_130118.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
I'm sorry for reposting this in a few editions of the thread I'm just seeking some advice before I pick up some new models.

Can I get some advice on my GOTTAGOFAST Orks list? I'm avoiding artillery and slow units, my only footsloggers being Lootas backfield sniping. I've been thinking of cutting the Grots in favor of shoota boyz to ride in the looted Wagons for some heavy dakka and fire distraction as well as point holding.

Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1500pts)

HQ
Painboy (75pts) [Warbike]
Warboss (135pts) [Gift: Da Lucky Stikk, Power Klaw, Slugga, Warbike]

Elites
Burna Boyz (211pts) [11x Burna Boy]
Trukk [Big Shoota, Reinforced Ram]

Meganobz (155pts) [Boss Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota, Meganob w/ Twin-linked Shoota]
Trukk [Rokkit Launcha, Reinforced Ram]

Tankbustas (165pts) [10x Tankbusta]
Trukk [Rokkit Launcha, Reinforced Ram]

Troops
Gretchin (35pts) [10x Gretchin] (Ride with Looted Wagon)
Runtherd [Grabba stik]

Gretchin (35pts) [10x Gretchin] (Ride with Looted Wagon)
Runtherd [Grabba stik]

Fast Attack
Warbikers (305pts) [14x Warbiker]
Warbiker Nob [Power Klaw]

Heavy Support
Lootas (210pts) [15x Loota]

Looted Wagon (WD) (87pts) [3x Big Shoota, Killkannon, Reinforced Ram]

Looted Wagon (WD) (87pts) [3x Big Shoota, Killkannon, Reinforced Ram]

My strategy is to speed upfield in every direction with a different specialized threat towards enemy units. Bikers dakka and charge anything, Meganobz hit the biggest nastiest thing they can find, Burnas mulch infantry, and Tankbustas pop MEQ's and tanks, or MC's based on the army. The Looted Wagons are to provide a (slightly more) armored backline to trail behind the faster trukks and lay down pieplates and big shootas turn after turn to force enemies off of a point or pop light vehicles to open a unit to a charge. Early game I can transport Gretchin in the looted wagon to a quick objective and use them later in the game to pick up a unit whose vehicle got popped.
>>
File: Capture.png (51 KB, 1166x331) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
51 KB, 1166x331
I was looking at the Inq tactics on 1d4chan for 7E and I just don't see how this is possible. Yes, the Inq chimera allows 5 models to fire from its top hatch, but shouldn't they be firing at BS1 due to moving?

I can't tell if I'm missing something or if this is just wrong.
>>
>>46026122
They are either gun platforms or equipped with Crushing Claws to tear armour which they do well I give them that or heavy infantry since S10, but anything else they are mediocre. They have almost the same offensive capabilities as Mawlocs/most other Tyranid monsters but with higher strength.

>>46026273
>It seems like the carnifex is an obsolete design
Depends on the role you want it to fulfill. Back in the day you could customise them to work on many levels and roles, but now they are pretty much what I listed before. If you want to kill infantry like terminators or normal marines, use Trygons or Toxicrines.

>>46026364
Bringing back old Scything Talons would give a nice army wide boost which would make vanilla fexes a viable option
>>
So I wanted to do my best to make a TAC, or at least well rounded, and fluffy pure Ravenwing list. All I need are two more boxes of black knights and a second Darkshroud.
For the Ravenwing Strike Force there is Sammael on his jetbike alongside an Interrogator Chaplin on a bike with the Mace of Redemption and Auspex leading a five man Ravenwing Command Squad that has an apothecary, RW banner and one grenade launcher. A solo Darkshroud will follow close behind with an Assault Cannon. For the bike squads there are two units of five Black Knights, each unit has one grenade launcher, and then three units of three Grav Bikes, including the combi grav. 4/5 of the bike sergeants have melts bombs.
For the formations there are two Ravenwing Attack Squadrons. Each has a Landspeeder with a Multimelta and Typhoon Missle Launchers and a MultiMelta Attack Bike. There is also the Ravenwing Support Squadron with a Darkshroud and Three Landspeeder for a total of 7 Heavy Bolters.
All of the above comes down to exactly 2000pts. My meta isn't super competitive, Daemons is my toughest opponent. No one really powerhouses though and mostly play Maelstrom missions.
>>
>>46027034
If you only move 6 inches, everyone fires full bs.
>>
File: Capture.png (9 KB, 684x71) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9 KB, 684x71
>>46027319
6" is Combat Speed, and in transports that makes the models inside "counts as moved" when firing weapons. Lascannons are Heavy, so they fire snapshots.

I've checked this a good 4 times already.
>>
>>46027381
Does the jokaero weapon actually have the same profile as a lascannon? I forget how it works.
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
446 KB, 1920x1080
You just arrived at your FLGS when your neckbeard friend tells you that he has to go run an errand and he needs you to run his army in a random game thats about to start. When you come to the table, the random player informs you that this is your army. What do you do?
>>
File: Capture.png (8 KB, 655x73) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8 KB, 655x73
>>46027427
I was wondering that too. It says "fire as," and the common opinion everywhere seems to be that "it's firing as a heavy, so it counts as a heavy."
>>
>>46027439
Ask for the rulebook so I know how knights work.
Talk to my opponent, apologize for the last minute opponent swap.
If everything is cool, play the game.
>I'm sorry, were you looking for some meme stuffed dross?
>>
>>46027439
Play it. It's just three Knights. Who doesn't know how three Knights work?
>>
>>46027439
Let this forced meme die.
>>
>>46027453
There's no ambiguity. It fires as a Lascannon, which is a Heavy weapon. 1d4chan is populated by retards. Look at the CSM tactica page.
>>
>>46027439
Gonna moonwalk over bitches and gits.
>>
>>46027589
What's is so retarded in partcular on the csm tactics page?
>>
Getting back into 7th edition because I'm a crazy person, here's a space yiff list with the models that I have. I honestly don't even know if this is legal or not, it's alpha strike heavy and I don't expect it to beat any real top tier lists but at least I'll go out with a bang while building my AdMech army

Champion of Fenris AKA how to lose to flyers
HQ
Wolf guard battle leader - 2*Fenrisian wolves, Thunderwolf, Runic armor, Stormshield, Krakenbone sword - 201

Thunderstrike Formation
10*Wolf Guard - Drop-pod, 5*combi-plasma - 265
3*Wolf Guard Terminator - 3*combi-melta, 3*power axe - 114

Elite
Iron Priest - thunderwolf - 125
5*Wolf Guard - Drop-pod, 5*combi-flamer - 205

Troop
10*Grey hunter - 2*plasma gun, wolf guard, combi-plasma, drop-pod - 225
10*Grey hunter - 2*melta gun, wolf guard, combi-melta, drop-pod - 215

Fast Attack
Drop-pod - 35
4*thunderwolf - 2*stormshield, power fist, pack leader: Frost blade - 235
4*thunderwolf - 2*stormshield, power fist, pack leader: Frost blade - 235

Total: 1800
>>
>>46027439
'So yeah, my entire army is these three Gorkanaut proxies'
>>
>>46027713
Spams memes like a bunch of 14 year olds wrote it. The whole thing is bloated because it trades actual tactical tips for just regurgitating the stats on stuff. Full of errors, people replying to each other in the document, outright lies.
>>
i picked up some tomb blades today
>>
Anyone tried piranhas in hunter cadre? Going 6'' combat speed + 18'' flat out and still fire normally if you were within 12'' of commander or fireblade at the start of shooting phase seems like a nasty trick.
>>
>>46027439
Melta the shit out of him
>>
>>46027771
Does you have nobz in your 'nauts? Because I don't think many people would want to play against such a cheesy army.
>>
what cases do you guys use to transport minis?
>>
>>46028681
The bigger of the boxes the sprues came in
>>
Me and a friend are looking to get started with the tabletop. We both have considerable knowledge of the fluff and the like.

I was thinking of going either Dark Angels or Salamanders. The only thing keeping me from going Dark Angels is not being able to field Cypher.
>>
>>46028681

Battle Foam.

Every other brand is inferior in some way whether it's the bag or the foam trays.

But you do save a lot more money. KR and Sabol are usually good enough but I like min/maxing and being able to fly airlines/run over my case with a truck so I got BF.
>>
>>46027869

This is pretty much most of the tacticas. Even the best ones give at best average or outdated advice in a "look how cool I am" tone without being super amazing or accurate. For example, look at ANY UNIT EVER being recommended for assault that's not an actual viable melee unit (knight, khorne hound, TWC, formation jump marines, wraiths, WKs, etc). No, bitch, you're not going to make an "awesome" assault list with those Honor Guard.
>>
>>46028716
Anyone? Which would be easier for a starter: Salamanders or Dark Angels?
>>
>>46029108

DA if you will play Ravenwing. Salamanders otherwise. Non-RW DA suck. Salamanders are slightly better than RW but White Scars and other chapters are better than Salamanders, and you'll need to be running Battle Company, Skyhammer, Grav Centurions, or Grav Bikes to do well.

If you don't care about being super 110% maximized efficient, just buy what looks cool. Deathwing are pretty cool but I'm not a fan of the regular green and robed DA.

DA have super cheap models thanks to Dark Vengeance. You can buy all the DW or RW on eBay and have a super cheap, good looking army.
>>
>>46029137
How viable is going Deathwing DA? Also, what's the best setup for a starting Salamander army?
>>
>>46029193

DW are terrible.

If you go Salamanders just pick non-shitty units and shove melta on everything. Command Squads with 5 melta guns, Command Squads on bikes, Librarians in power armor, Melta/Grav bikes, Battle Company, Skyhammer, Stormtalons, Scouts to save points, if you really must run Tacticals witohut using Skyhammer/Battle Company keep them efficient and don't buy things like power swords. Just 1 melta, maybe a combi-melta, and squads of 5 so you get twice as many meltas and combi-meltas. If you do a full 10 squad you'll probably want to leave out the heavy weapon, or maybe take a multi melta. Assault marines and devastators aren't that great either outside of Skyhammer or as a shitty Battle Company tax that is inferior to bikes and Centurions, but 2 flamers on 5 jump packs with melta bombs and 4 LCs on devastators is passable. Only good terminators are TH/SS and they are mediocre.

You'll need to take Vulkan He'stan to activate your melta bonuses though. Also grav weapons are really good. Grav Centurions and bikes/command bikes or Skyhammer grav Devastators specifically.

Honestly if every unit in your squad has a melta or multi melta on it like Land Speeders or Drop Podded Dreadnoughts or even Attack Bikes, you should be okay since melta is so strong. Salamanders really benefit from Drop Pods everywhere to get close immediately.

Forge World offers good stuff but it's expensive and kind of advanced for new players. Quad Mortars, Fire Raptors, Sicarans are good for all marines. They also have cool Salamander upgrade models and a special Dreadnought HQ who isn't bad. Bray'arth Ashmantle or something like that. I think his weapons are two claws that combine into a melta gun and he has an AoE attack.
>>
>>46029236
I read the Melta + Vulkan tactic before. It sounds hilariously powerful. Seems like Salamander is the way I'll go then.

Also, my mate was insistent that I wouldn't be able to field Cypher with the Salamanders, but can't he be fielded by any SM army as long as they're not the DA?
>>
>>46026922
Not to mention half the links being useless shit.
>>
File: Capture.png (82 KB, 1062x433) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
82 KB, 1062x433
>>46029294
>can't he be fielded by any SM army as long as they're not the DA?
Pic related.

Also, unlike the other anon said, Deathwing is far from terrible. They have the best termies in tabletop with good supporting units although I find DA to be strongest when taken as an allied army, rather than primary. Azrael is liquid sex for my guardsmen. The thing about Ravenwing is that it happens to be one of the strongest armies out right now.

Ultimately though, you shouldn't be deciding on a matter of "best" but rather what you want to play. For new players especially, the current "meta" is hardly something you should be considering unless you are planning on joining a tournament right out the gate.

You can also look at tactics articles to get ideas on how a given army would be played out and what options are stronger than others.
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Dark_Angels(7E)
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marines(7E)

Remember: The goal is to have fun, not be a powergaming faggot.
>>
>>46029294
Salamanders player here
Vulkan is absolutely amazing, only missing on a 2 on ALL your meltas is fantastic, and with twin-linked flamers as part of your chapter tactic you really dont fear vehicles nor hordes.

Bray'arth Ashmantle is a fucking monstrosity aswell, at 265 points hes quite expensive, heres the profile:

AV13/12/10 4HP WS6 BS5 A4
2x Dreadnought Close Combat weapons(so 6 attacks on the charge)
2 Heavy Flamers, that can fire as that, or combine into a twin-linked meltagun
He can forfeit one of his melee attacks to hit everyone in base contact with a S5 AP4 hit

So he has decent offensive output, on the defensive side, is where he becomes great:
It Will not Die, Venerable and hes completely IMMUNE to Melta, Rending, Armourbane, Lance and "Any other rules which either reduce his Armour Value or allow attacks which target him to roll more than one dice when making an Armour Penetration check have no effect against the Dreadnought.

Dreadnoughts in general are great with Salamanders, definitely look into Ironclads(2x Heavy flamer), Siege Dreads(S6 AP3 flamer AND a heavy flamer)
Command Squads with 5 meltas and Sternguard are the tits aswell.

Have fun burning the shit out of everything anon
"
>>
3 quick ones:

Sluggas or Shootas?
Trukkers or Footsluggers?
Buggies or 'koptas?
>>
>>46029522
Shootas
Neither
Buggies
>>
>>46029543
>neither
So...
They ride in stompas
>>
>>46029522
Sluggas are cheaper as tax but shootas might get to do something
Trukks with claw nobs for maximum target saturation
Buggies are cheaper and dies more easily but don't have to deal with morale/mob rule
>>
>>46029570
>stompas

You're losing even further.
>>
>>46029576
>He still runs Klaw Nobs
>He still runs Klaw Nobs in Trukks

Laughinggrots.jpg
>>
>>46028681
how good are the GW boxes? tossing up between buying one or just making one out of a toolbox and lining it with foam
>>
>>46029522
magnets
Trukkers
Buggies for inf, koptas for vehicle
>>
>>46029619
>He still bitches about plastic army men on the internet
>He is so obsessed with winning that he can't field claw nobs
Go be waac somewhere else, git.
>>
>>46029613
I don't think i have anything that can work as warkoptas.
>>
>>46029638
>Magnets
Post AoBR boys cost less than magnets.
>>
File: I have no ass and I must shite.jpg (37 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
I have no ass and I must shite.jpg
37 KB, 250x323
I come to you, /40kg/, because I am in need of guidance.

I want to begin building a Lost and the Damned army, or I at least want to have some really fun looking Conscripts / Penal Troopers armed with autoguns. I've been looking at Anvil Industry but I was wondering if any of you know any other sites that have decent models for autoguns / autopistols.
>>
>>46029644
>WAAC
>Orks

That's not how "win at any cost" works.
>>
>>46029644
>He promotes shit models and load outs
>He thinks this makes him superior

Laughinggrots.jpg
>>
>>46029638
>Buggies for inf

The fuck you on about son? Buggies are for Vehicles, you equip them with Rokkits and outflanks the cunts. Big Shootas are shit and Orks don't lack anti-infantry.
>>
>>46029664
Nope, most other places sell not!bolters, musketa and AK lookalikes
>>
>>46029657
No one gives a fuck if your shoota boy is holding a slugga.
>>
File: a low res cheeki breeki.jpg (12 KB, 284x276) Image search: [Google]
a low res cheeki breeki.jpg
12 KB, 284x276
>>46029677
Aye, I see. Well, they're not bad at all! I was just looking for a little extra variety. Thank you.
>>
>>46029635
I like mine, but you probably need the big one and models bigger than a rhino, especially height, can give you headaches and fit only if you take one foam tray out. And you cannot carry the rulebook or codex in it.
For small stuff they are really good.
>>
File: glcYWjR2i_0.jpg (175 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
glcYWjR2i_0.jpg
175 KB, 1280x853
>>46029657
Didn't see them for a long time.
>>
>>46029697
God that looks terrible.
>>
>>46029684
Not everyone is a grey horde shitter.
>>
>>46029676
I regularly use buggies with flamers against inf and i like it.
>>
>>46029686
i play necrons which might be annoying with my stalkers.
>>
>>46029707
What has that got to do with anything? Literally no one is going to complain that your Ork boy has a slugga and choppa instead of a shoota and choppa, retarded to think so as it gets taken off the table too quickly to even give a damn.

The fuck has that got to do with a grey army you retard?
>>
>>46029715
Post your buggies.
>>
>>46029731
If im gonna paint more than a hundred of them, I sure as fuck won't be slacking off on the modelling.
>>
>>46029788
Two things.

1)
Fair enough, giant waste of money and you're spearheading yourself into a single load out though.

2)
>he fields boys
>>
>>46029668
>someone isn't using the best of the best of the best
>better school these scrubs
Thank you for confirming my point, friend :)
>>
>>46029812
Your fallacy is showing.
>>
>>46029801
>Waste of money

You seem to be under the assumption I dont already have hundreds of both types lying around.
>>
File: Skorcha buggies.jpg (1 MB, 1282x1796) Image search: [Google]
Skorcha buggies.jpg
1 MB, 1282x1796
>>46029777

Not that guy, but here's some old skorcha buggies I did up ages ago. I'm thinking of replacing the burnas with skorchas from the kan and deff dread kits since post Dread Mob construction.

I also would have run them as Gun Trukks with Supa-Skorchas but I found out about them too late, and now IA:8 is dead and gone.
>>
File: gy60eN8cV2Y.jpg (123 KB, 607x1080) Image search: [Google]
gy60eN8cV2Y.jpg
123 KB, 607x1080
>>46029777
I'm afraid this will disappoint you, but it's eternal WIP.
>>
>>46029831
oh fuck, man, it's amazing!
ps wipe the dust
>>
What is the firing arc for the autocannons on the Taurox?
>>
>>46029831
I like them a lot, wish I could purchase Trukk wheels by themselves so I didn't need to fork out for the Kit.

Deff Koptas will eventually run out on ebay due to sheer amounts of conversions.

>>46029840
You'll finish eventually.
>>
>>46029854
The new ork and marine beginner kits have mamy of the sprues split into several boxes.
>>
>>46029848

Thanks! Yeah they sat on an open shelf for years. Only pulled them out recently.

I've been gradually de-dusting stuff with a blush brush but I think in their case they have a date with a tub of Dettol at some point.

>>46029854

>wish I could purchase Trukk wheels by themselves so I didn't need to fork out for the Kit.

The good news is that the Trukk kit is just about the most kitbash friendly kit we have. You're always short of wheels unfortunately but the other pieces have endless applications.

Oh, and Deffkoptas are coming back in the packs designed for 8 year olds. Same sprue, just repackaged.
>>
>>46029869
>>46029881

This is good news. I really should get into casting so I can do my own Trukk wheels, they're perfect for everything.
>>
>>46029854
Only after building/painting stompa, 22 bikers, 10 meganobz and 3 more trukks.
>>
File: mek gunz painted.jpg (527 KB, 644x1436) Image search: [Google]
mek gunz painted.jpg
527 KB, 644x1436
>>46029891

Damn straight.

>>46029893

I've been working through my first set of bikers for a while now. Holy fuck they're frustrating. I think it's because they're like miniature vehicles; I'd expected them to be more similar to painting infantry.
>>
File: DSC00863.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
DSC00863.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>46029777
Not this one, but a fleet that shamelessly steals the design.
>>
>>46029905
>Holy fuck they're frustrating.
Oh yes, a real pain in the ass. And in one pack of them, all bike parts was looks like letter S, all day straightened them in boiling water.
Awesom mek-gunz!
>>
What magic Should I give my flying lvl3 deamon Prince?
Im thinking about making him tzeentch and take telepathy spells
>>
>>46029998
Sounds decent if you give him wings and never let him touch the ground.
>>
Mk3, Mk4, Mk6, and Tartaros or bust.
>>
>>46030055
Maximus, Corvus and Errant 4 life.
>>
>>46030104
>Errant
It's not even a real mark. It's just mk7 with a covered wires and neck.
>>
>>46030140
Y is not a mark its just X with different cables
>>
File: 1437860149858.jpg (94 KB, 515x768) Image search: [Google]
1437860149858.jpg
94 KB, 515x768
>>46030147
The concept art is pretty great, but it took them how long to just cover cables and the neck?
>>
>>46030164
They had covered cables in one of the early versions too, then shit happend and how long went by before they realized it was bad again?
>>
File: AdMech.jpg (248 KB, 958x781) Image search: [Google]
AdMech.jpg
248 KB, 958x781
>>46030200
Cogboys. It probably was the cogboys.
>>
>>46030140
Well my real favourite is a custom maximus with gorget
>>
>>46030219
Ah it was Heresy type, shitty substandard materials increased weight, increasing power req, increasing heat buildup making internal cables impossible.
>>
>>46030228
I like the mental image of it.
>>
File: Honor Guard V5.png (36 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
Honor Guard V5.png
36 KB, 201x281
>>46030235
Sometimes you have to make due with what you got, and what they got was junk.
>>
>>46030236
I did a mockup a while ago when bored, another bloke wanted maximus with iron helmet and powerplant, looked pretty brutal.
>>
>>46030244
Only cool part of haresy armour was the demi-terminator helmets.
>>
>>46030258
Could I see?
>>
File: Honor Guard V6.png (40 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
Honor Guard V6.png
40 KB, 201x281
>>46030263
Tyberos made me love them.
>>
>>46030265
On my desktop unit, If I remember I'll post em in 2 hours when i get off from work.
>>
>>46030320
Thanks, Anon.
>>
File: WP_20151219_13_54_18_Pro.jpg (614 KB, 1795x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151219_13_54_18_Pro.jpg
614 KB, 1795x1456
OI! DEYZ SHOWIN' OFF DER BUGGYZ!!

WE'Z GOT A ZOGGIN' FLASH BUGGY, GET SHOWIN' IT OFF!!

WHAAAAAAHG!!!!
>>
>>46030954
Hi there Harry :^)
>>
>>46026883
Guys please don't start the general unless you have the up to date links. Let's at least maintain the most basic of standards for this shitshow.
>>
>>46029697
>>46029704

I think it looks pretty good.
>>
>>46030334
Sorry to disappoint but it seems they were lost in the last tidying of my warhammer folder.
>>
>>46029905
in the top picture, at first i didn't realize it was two guns and thought you had modeled a buggy doing a sick wheelie.
>>
So I recently got into this 40k tabletop and I heard that priming figures in humid weather isn't a good thing to do. Considering I live in the east coast of florida with the summer and super humidity coming up anyone have any priming tips?
>>
>>46031454
You can get brush primer. Takes fucking ages though.
>>
So I wanted to do my best to make a TAC, or at least well rounded, and fluffy pure Ravenwing list AT 2000pts.
All I need are two more boxes of black knights and a second Darkshroud to complete this list.

For the Ravenwing Strike Force there is Sammael on his jetbike alongside an Interrogator Chaplin on a bike with the Mace of Redemption and Auspex leading a five man Ravenwing Command Squad that has an apothecary, RW banner and one grenade launcher.
A solo Darkshroud will follow close behind with an Assault Cannon.
For the bike squads there are two units of five Black Knights (each unit has one grenade launcher) and then three units of three Grav Bikes, including the combi grav.
4/5 of the bike sergeants have melts bombs.

For the formations there are two Ravenwing Attack Squadrons.
Each has a Landspeeder with a Multimelta and Typhoon Missle Launchers and a MultiMelta Attack Bike.
There is also the Ravenwing Support Squadron with a Darkshroud and Three Landspeeder for a total of 7 Heavy Bolters.
All of the above comes down to exactly 2000pts.
The above list has 15 TL Plasma Talons, 9 Grav Guns (including combi) and 6 Multi-melta which I think gives me a good spread of weapons.

My meta isn't super competitive, Daemons is my toughest opponent.
No one really powergames though and mostly play Maelstrom missions. There are a lot of Imperial armies but a couple of each army is represented.
>>
>>46031454
Vallejo surface primer, doesn't need thinning and is very easy to apply by brush.

In fact this is how I apply all my primer including to vehicles.
>>
>>46031477
So spray is a no-go then because I already bought the can.
>>
>>46031454
there's a few options. Google will probably offer better advice than random anons.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?203372-I-live-in-a-humid-area-should-I-use-spray-primer-or-brush-on
>>
File: image.jpg (647 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
647 KB, 3264x2448
>>46031301
It's okay, Anon. I'm only slightly disappointed.
>>
>>46031454
I lived in Florida for a year. As long as you don't prime on rainy days you'll be fine. If you're worried, spray them outside then bring them in to dry. Or do it inside making sure to have good ventilation.
>>
>>46027439
"Sorry, I haven't played since 4th Edition, but my friend just asked me to take over for him until he gets back, so I probably won't know how half of these rules work now. Just bear with me, okay?"

On a slightly different topic
>hasn't played this game since 4th edition
>heard about how they finally released rules for playing the AdMech in 40k
>download the rulebooks
>it's two different armies
>they don't have half of the cool shit that they had in the Forgeworld 30k releases

So, apparently, you can play games where your army is composed of multiple detachments from different factions, right? Is it kosher to play a Detachment of 30k stuff as a part of your army in a 40k game? There's no myrmidons or jetpack cyborgs in the 40k Mechanicus armies... ;_;

I mean, I guess you could use the myrmidons as proxies for the heavy servitors that the Cult Mechanicus army uses as its Troops choices (just say they're using electro-axes instead of power axes or something), but there's no real equivalent to the Thallax cohorts, and it still seems disappointing to me.
>>
>>46031562
Cant even find the PA variety side by side i used to make it.
>>
>>46031576
At some point forgeworld will do a new imperial armour with mech'm unit rules for 40k. The bad news is forgeworld work to their own schedules and won't be hurried.

And yeah, you can have as many detachments as you want. Some do play 30k armies against 40k armies, it really depends on your local group so the best thing you can do is go to your local store/club (or go on their mumblemumblesocialmediamumble) and ask.
>>
>>46031558
>>46031574
Cool, thanks for the info guys.
>>
>>46031600
Dang.
>>
Some event celebrating 30 years of muhreens on 16th april. Involves "exclusive new releases, giveaways and in-store events".

What do we reckon, another unique captain model?
>>
I'm getting either a Reaver or a Warlord soon as a gift from family.

How balanced for its cost is the current rules of the Warlord Titan? Granted its always going to be an Apoc only monster but still, for its cost how well did they represent it.

Also, how does the Towering Monstrosity rule interact with World Burner? The top guns cant target any models within 24, but World Burner says you can target areas instead of models with its blasts. Does that mean that any Blast weapons on top of the Titan can basically ignore Towering Monstrosity?
>>
>>46031861
>The top guns cant target any models within 24, but World Burner says you can target areas instead of models with its blasts. Does that mean that any Blast weapons on top of the Titan can basically ignore Towering Monstrosity?
You people are scum. Now go ahead and give some excuse about not being a WAAC asshole and just being curious.
>>
>>46031832
unique spess marine model or two. Will be "eh pretty good" tier.
>>
File: 1424556606615.jpg (892 KB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
1424556606615.jpg
892 KB, 1500x1200
I've given lots of shit to GW in these last couple of years. Like most of us have really. But I have to say that the Harlequins codex is pretty damn nice, the fluff is cool, the art in it is genuinely good unlike in most of the modern codices and AOS books. I guess gaming wise they aren't quite as good as people hoped for but in terms of presentation and interesting content this Harlequins codex is the best one I've read in like 3-4 years.

Definitely going to ally them with my Dark Eldar.
>>
>>46031832
$31 clampack containing a monopose Captain.
>>
>>46032149
>I guess gaming wise they aren't quite as good as people hoped for
They're pretty good for a subfaction, Eldar players are just subhuman trash incapable of realizing how absurdly imbalanced their codex is relative to every other codex.
>>
>>46031454
High humidity has tiny water drops in the air that spray primer picks up as it flies through the air. If its 50% or more, dont prime. Ive never seen a good brush on primer.

Id just prime inside, and ventilate like a pro.
>>
What's a good pun/joke/Wordplay to write on my Hellstorm template? It's for a s6 ap3 hellstorm mounted on a Stompa.

I'm thinking something that mocks Bikes/Jetbikes.

Suggestions?
>>
>>46032297
No words. glue a burned bike ontop. Use it as handle,
>>
>>46031832
My brain says "exclusive anniversary model."

My souls says "MkI LR reprint/plastic proteus."
>>
>>46032346
It's a custom plastic cut, so I can't glue stuff to it without it looking like shit.
>>
Last weekend I had a bit too much to drink and while sleeping the hangover off the next day I had a dream about finding out the identity of the second legion and their primarch after winning some lottery that GW were running. The second Primarch was Hercule Poirot and the legion was called the Grey Cells. Also apparently the actor from the tv-series is the head of GW, who knew. Im almost tempted to make up fluff around this but Im too lazy.
>>
>>46031832
the old RTB01 plastic dudes.....
>>
>>46032297
"BS2"
>>
>>46032297
>Jink Save here
>Aegis Defender
>Stealth + Shrouded
>Snap Shot
>>
>>46032297
"This Machine Kills Bikes"
>>
>>46031832
My LGS is having a team tourney on that day
I wonder if the game guy knows what he's done
>>
>>46026983
Split the Warbikers, 10 and 4 should do.
Use the small squad without upgrades to just grab objectives.
Give the looted wagons just 1 big shoota for the occasional weapon destroyed roll, having them with 3 is just a waste of points.
>>
File: 21321321323.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
21321321323.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>>46032935
Stop advocating big shootas on vehicles
>>
>>46032978
>Not wanting MOAR DAKKA
>>
>>46032978
It says something that big shootas and fire warriors are considered pointless by many nowadays. S5 shooting not being worth it shows what a sad state the game's in.
>>
>>46033009
>>46033033

I WANT MORE DAKKA ITS JUST BETTER TO GIVE ROKKITS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46033033
Big Shoota aren't worth it because we're BS2.

It is just better to equip Rokkits in every instance instead of Big Shootas. We don't land hits, but when we do we do not want the opponent to have a save and to actually do damage. That is why you take rokkits.

Plus, Rokkits do 0.278 wounds per shot at full BS, and Big shootas do 0.222

At snap shooting its even better for Rokkits at 0.139 and Big shootas at 0.111 wounds, not to mention it even gives you a tiny anti tank capability.
>>
File: OrkFacepalm.jpg (7 KB, 134x149) Image search: [Google]
OrkFacepalm.jpg
7 KB, 134x149
>>46032978
>he doesn't want more dakka
>>
>>46033033
The thing is, Orks already have enough anti-infantry shooting.

What they don't have enough of is good anti-tank.

Anything your Big Shoot as can kill, a horde of Boyz firing Shoots or a small squad of Warbikers will mince just as well.

If the enemy has any high AV? You're really gonna want those Rokkits, even if the accuracy is poor.
>>
>>46032464
Upboated
>>
File: Necron Overlord.jpg (1 MB, 2840x2198) Image search: [Google]
Necron Overlord.jpg
1 MB, 2840x2198
I put together all Necron items for you because reasons
>>
>>46034078
Thanks.
>>
>>46034078
So, Blood Ravens items for the next Dawn of War?
>>
>>46032223
you getting cucked by eldar constantly aside, harlequins are OBJECTIVELY in the bottom tier of all codices in the game, including orks and csm. if anyone runs them they are not in the game to win
>>
how competitive can skitarii/cultmech be without using the free upgrades formation. I want to play with a chance of winning, but I don't want to be an asshole.

I won't be playing against a decurion, wraith host or anything crazy like that. Players are competitive on the table, but not in their lists.
>>
>>46034145
I find that very difficult to believe.
>>
File: 1455238585662.jpg (88 KB, 800x728) Image search: [Google]
1455238585662.jpg
88 KB, 800x728
>>46026883
Anybody still got scans of the Genestealer cult dataslate? Can't find the dang things anywhere.
>>
>>46034187
It can work just fine. It's just mid-tier rather than high tier.
>>
>>46034145
They'd be a good battle brother for DEldar if Eldar didn't already exist. They aren't that bad as an ally, just totally outclassed.
>>
File: cron.jpg (285 KB, 1404x1192) Image search: [Google]
cron.jpg
285 KB, 1404x1192
>>46034117
Trazyn can just take it back
>>
>>46034197
too big to post as pdf. Here's a db link. I'll keep it up for an hour or so

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mft3o1ufxpmbm50/Deathwatch.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>46034078
>Nightbringer
>oldest and most powerful C'Tan

RELIIIIIIIC
>>
>>46034197
you dumb nig

it's on the GW site

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Deathwatch-Overkill-EN
>>
>>46034187
You should do just fine. Nothing is worthless or outright bad in those codices besides electro priests.

Some units fill niche roles though.
>>
>>46034230
To be honest I wonder when there'll be a full-fledged digitized 40K wargame. Like all played on computer but with 40k rules.

Though I suppose GW would never go through with that because that'd kill 90% of their revenue.
>>
>>46034400
final liberation
>>
>>46034145
Ignoring all the other stupidity inherent in your post, you really think they're worse off than Militarum Tempestus? Are you serious?
>>
How do I deafeat a necron player with a c'tan nightbringer, doomsday ark and a doom scythe in a 750 pts game with orks ?
>>
>>46034498
They're certainly in the same tier you mong
>T3
>5+
>no real guns
>more points than a marine or any other troop in the game
>>
>>46027743
Late comment is late, but as a fellow wolfy wolf, /tg/ tends to ignore space wolves lists. I'm surprised they didn't bark at you.
>>
>>46034503
Warbikers, Mek Guns.
>>
File: 40k gen.png (32 KB, 382x155) Image search: [Google]
40k gen.png
32 KB, 382x155
>>46034534
>>
With the Eternal Waagh! stuff are Orks actually pretty good now?
>>
>>46034503
>c'tan nightbringer
Tankbustas.
>doomsday ark
Tankbustas.
>doom scythe
>Tankbustas.
>>
>>46034630
no
>>
>>46034534
Jetbikes solve half of those problems. Maybe more.
>>
>>46034668
>troops
And Vendettas solve MT problems!
Spawn solve CSM problems!
>>
>>46034724
stormtroopers don't get vendettas

chaos' armylist solutions aren't spawn

do you play 40k? Or do you just want to bitch about an eldar book being mediocre.
>>
>>46034775
I think he's being sarcastic buddy
>>
>>46034230
>tfw real model have better details than in-game
>>
>>46034809
I think it's more reasonable to believe he's being dead serious.

You don't throw OBJECTIVELY around without being a little buttmad.
>>
>>46034498
Hey hey, scions are fine. At least they have some sweet special weaponry and orders.
>>
>>46034920
They need a little more to stand on their own properly. Some kind of heavy weapon platform beyond valks.

gib me MT sentinels GW
>>
Who the fuck cares, no one plays harlequins anyway
>>
>>46034969
>kind of heavy weapon platform
Ally knights.
>>
>>46035025
I said on their own, man. When you bring in allies it's easy to cover the weaknesses of any (imperial/eldar) book.
>>
>>46026983
Run this as a great waaagh deteachment if your opponent will allow it. Deepstriking is always nice.
>>
>>46034893
Maybe its just me but the words objectively and subjectively in my group of friends are used as jokes
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Let's say GW goes ahead and creates a fully computerized WH40K, complete with all the rules and factions, campain/vs AI mode, and multiplayer in the forms of both PBEM and Hot Seat.

How much would it cost?
What edition would it be based on?
>>
>>46035521
60 starting, you have to buy the army you want, micro transactions for terrain, colors, and wargear
>>
>>46035521
It would cost too much, they need constant money from models so it's either super expensive, or requires a subscription.
>>
>>46035537
>60 base

Probably would be more like 80 or 100.
I could see them charging by-the-3d-model.
>>
>>46035079
>on their own
They aren't meant to be on their own though, in the minidex all the fluff is about them supporting SM, IG or SoB. They have two HQ choices, one troop and two transports. That's hardly an army
>>
>>46035537
Space marines come default, chaos marines come default. Chaos Daemons probably DLC along with other factions for 5-20 dollars, 60 dollar season pass.
>>
>>46035607
>Space marines come default, chaos marines come default.

Only the barebones troops and HQ though, elites, fast attack, etc. are all DLC
>>
>>46029854
Kitbash the rest of the parts. With some modding, you can fit a 1/48 scale sherman's treads on there.
>>
>>46035558
They'd never be able to sell it for 80 dollars base, they could do a collectors edition for 100-120 but the base game would be 60.
>>
>>46026883
Are Hazard Suits as overcosted as 1d4chan claims? They're 75 points base - a crisis suit with Twin linked burst cannons and vectored retrothrusters costs 57 and can't actually have that much wargear. The hazard suit gets that, one more wargear slot, +1 WS, +1 T, +1 I, bonding knife ritual, and defensive grenades for 18 more points.
>>
>>46035673
The consensus I've seen here is that base hazard suits are good, but the gun upgrades make them too expensive
>>
>>46035590
you're hardly an army
>>
>>46035777
That makes sense. It would be nice if their base cost was like 10-15 points less and the burst cannons cost that much.
>>
>>46031480
Bumping this.

Should I have typed out my list with all the points and stuff? I thought a brief summary would be enough.
>>
>>46036052
tldr
You probably don't need points included.
Boil in down to the basics.
>preferably with easy to read greentext.
>>
>>46036302
Alright, will try again without the narrative.Thanks. I didn't want to be one of those guys that posts a full scroll worth of redundant units.
>>
>>46036399
Here is how you do it.

996/1000 point list

ML2 Weirdboy - 70

2x 11 Shoota Boys - 182
>Nob w/ BP

3x Looted Wagon - 246
>Killkannon , 3x Rokkits

----------------------------

ML2 Weirdboy - 70

2x 11 Shoota Boys - 182
>Nob w/ BP

3x Looted Wagon - 246
>Killkannon , 3x Rokkits
>>
>>46036439
>6 kilkanons at <1000
nice.
>>
File: wasted.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
wasted.gif
2 MB, 500x200
>>46036439
ay you dirty slut, where is this list?!?! I WANNA SEE MODELS
>>
>>46036534
I'm out of work til next week, can't afford all those Leman Russes yet!
>>
>>46036553
you should make them out of multiple vehicles/chasis, there's a guy in /wip/ that does really good Ork plasticard conversions from all kinds of vehicles into looted wagons
>>
File: shooshoospookydghost.jpg (249 KB, 992x777) Image search: [Google]
shooshoospookydghost.jpg
249 KB, 992x777
>>
File: CorpuscariiElectroPriests.jpg (83 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
CorpuscariiElectroPriests.jpg
83 KB, 453x604
How do you make me work?
First up, how do you play them (if you do), as they are now? How much baby sitting does it need to be a viable option?
Second, what would you change if you got to re-write the rules just to make them a viable option in a new combined mechanicus/skitarii book?
>>
>>46036622
>SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPAPmtTi8lc
>>
>>46036756
Having access to a dedicated transport would definitely help.
>>
>>46036611
I like consistency in my army so I want it to look the same and I also want it to look neat.
>>
>>46036816
but your orks bby.
I totally understand this though, i try to keep my Orks on the line of "organized Chaos"
>>
>>46036622
>SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST
>>
>>46036622

>SHOO SHOO SPOOPY D GHOST
>>
>>46030954
oh god those particles all over.
>>
>>46036622

I played against one of these units for the first time. they only have 1 wound, no invul and a 3+ save. i couldnt believe they only had one wound each, not hard to take out at all

>it still killed a tank squadron tho
>>
>>46034552
To be fair, list critique is quite a chore nowadays with all the formations and supplements all over the place
>>
>>46036954
I think it's supposed to be dirt, or sand.
>>46036957
T6 though
>>
>>46036957
Its the T6 and D WEAPONS at 32 points that make them scary
>>
Any tips on saving money while starting? I live on a limited income, but love 40k. So far, i have a tac squad and a razorback.. but those were ebay finds i stripped down.
>>
>>46037039
Ebay
Recasters
if you're not going to a GW store look for cheaper counts as models.
>>
>>46036987
>>46037000
Also they're slow. Even plasma crisises easily kill them.
>>
>>46037119
nothing is inherently overpowered about D-Guards, its when you can deepstrike them with 0 scatter, or have them sitting in an opentopped transport that can go 48" every turn that it becomes a problem.
>>
How does this look, /tg/?
++ Orks: Codex (2014) (Ork Great Waaagh! Detachment) (1849pts) ++

+ HQ (234pts) +

Big Mek (234pts) [3x Ammo Runt (9pts), Gift: Warboss Gazbag's Blitzbike (35pts), Gubbinz: Mega Force Field (75pts), Killsaw (30pts), Shokk Attack Gun (50pts), Warlord]

+ Elites (235pts) +

Tankbustas (235pts) [3x Bomb Squig (15pts), Boss Nob (23pts), 13x Tankbusta (169pts), Tankbusta w/ Tankhammer (28pts)]

+ Troops (825pts) +

Boyz (180pts)
··30x Boy (180pts) [30x Slugga]

Boyz (180pts)

Boyz (180pts)

Boyz (180pts)

Gretchin (35pts) [10x Gretchin (30pts)]
··Runtherd (10pts) [Grabba stik]

+ Fast Attack (120pts) +

Warbuggies (60pts)
··Warbuggy (30pts) [Red Paint Job (5pts), Twin-linked Rockit Launcha]
··Warbuggy (30pts) [Red Paint Job (5pts), Twin-linked Big Shoota]

Warbuggies (60pts)
··Warbuggy (30pts) [Red Paint Job (5pts), Twin-linked Big Shoota]
··Warbuggy (30pts) [Red Paint Job (5pts), Twin-linked Rockit Launcha]

+ Heavy Support (435pts) +

Battlewagon (185pts) [4x Big Shoota (20pts), Deff Rolla (10pts), Grot Riggers (10pts), Killkannon (30pts), Red Paint Job (5pts)]

Lootas (168pts) [12x Loota (168pts)]

Looted Wagon (WD) (82pts) [2x Big Shoota (10pts), Killkannon (30pts), Skorcha (5pts)]

I plan on running the looted wagon next to the battlewagon, with the buggies being escorts on each side to help take up bullets, or score objectives. The big mek will be sitting in the middle, giving em all the invuln save. Tankbustas will be inside of the battlewagon, lootas inside of the looted wagon.The boyz will be boyz, green tidin'. I hope I get lucky and can deep strike them in, but even if not, they'll take up lots of shots.
>>
>>46037150
Or toss them in waveserpents and make them battle focused and twin-linked in their formation?
>>
Why hasn't anyone else done the thing that birthed the emperor? You know, bunch of psykers together and blam god king of mankind?
>>
>>46037150
He didn't deep strike them. He put them in a Wave Serpent that moved 12" and then flat out 18" and just jinked away. next turn he unloaded them right next to my tank squadron. I tried to take it down but between the jinking and the thing that downgrades pens to glances I wasn't successful
>>
>>46036804

Would electropriests in Macrocarids work if IA 14 is to be believed?
>>
>>46037228
no need to twin link them when they have the D Flamers
>>
Trying to rewrite >>46031480 to be similar to >>46036439 but Wargear makes it a bit bulkier.

2000/2000

RW Strike Force:
Sammael - 200

Interrogator Chaplain - 165
>Auspex, Mace of Redemption, Bike

Ravenwing Command Squad - 250
>5x Black Knights, Grenade Launcher, Apothecary, RW Banner

Ravenwing Darkshroud - 80
>Heavy Bolter

2x 5 Ravenwing Black Knights - 200 ea
>Grenade Launcher

3x 3 Ravenwing Bike Squad - 120 ea
>2 Grav Gun, Combi Grav, Meltabomb

2x RW Attack Squadron - 140 ea
>Ravenwing Attack Bike w/ Multi-Melta
>Ravenwing Landspeeder w/ Multi-Melta and Typhoon Missile Launcher

RW Support Squadron - 245
>3x Ravenwing Landspeeders w/ Double Heavy Bolters
>Darkshroud w/ Heavy Bolter
>>
>>46037214
If you insist on using big shoota buggies, make them their own squad and rokkit buggies the other squad.
>>
>>46037294
I don't know Ravenwing well enough to help but I know about sperging out to shitty list formatting (like >>46037214) and what you posted their is great.
>>
>>46037228
>335 pts min
>>
>>46037301
I think I'll make the buggies rokkit launcher. I've got enough big shootas on the battle wagon. 12 dice of dakka is nice for mopping up infantry, no?
>>
>>46037214
>Posts this list in a previous thread
>Gets advice
>Doesn't change list
>Reposts it

Your list is illegal.

The detachment doesn't exist anymore.

You can't take the Gazbag Bike and the MFF, you don't even have access to the Blitzbike even if the formation still existed.

Your slugga boys are dead in the water.

You're wasting points on fucking Tankhammers.

You're wasting points on SAG.

You're wasting points on Ammo Runts

You're taking 30 gretchins and 90 boys for some ridiculous reason. Boys are the second worst unit in the codex after Nobs.

Your Warbuggies are taking Big Shootas

Your Battlewagons are taking fucking Deff Rolla's and Big Shootas and a RPJ.

Lootas are shit.

Your Looted Wagon isn't even equipped properly.

Worst list i've seen in a while.
>>
Are centurion devastators worth it? I know they cost alot of points and some people laugh at how they look. But that means you can have a T5 W2 Sv2+ with an omniscope that can shoot lascannons and grav cannons on the move no problem. Or is there a better alternative? Perhaps just stick to normal devs?
>>
>>46036957
Toughness 6 really makes the difference.

To give you some examples, imagine 50 guardsmen firing lasguns at a squad. 1 shot each for convenience.

Against Tactical Marines, 25 hit, ~8 wound, and ~2-3 fail their armor saves.

Against terminators, same deal, but only ~1-2 failed saves.

Wraithguard get hit by 25, wounded by just around 4, and only 1 of those will actually end up going through.
>>
>>46037294
Fantastic formatting friend.
>>
>>46037382
Yeah they are, they one of the most powerful offensive options in the game
>>
>>46037423
Thanks bro
>>
>>46037370
I didn't post this in another thread.
Why can't I take green tide anymore? Space furries are able to pick which version of a detachment they want, why can't I?
>>
>>46037409
Maybe you should kill them with low ap high str weapons than?
>>
>>46037337
for a good gun-boat transport and a unit of d-wielding T6 models.
>>
Do Skitarii have access to flyers? Aeronautica maybe?
I really want a Basilica Astra attack wing
>>
>>46035673
Their whole sthick is high risk/high reward.
They are very good, but their cost makes them detrimental to lose.
>>
>>46037370
Also, what's wrong with having a backup green tide? Should I just have a regular green tide suplemented with some buggies 'n lootas? Why are lootas shit?
>>
>>46037294
I know Black Knights are the best unit but your entire army is relying on their cover save. However you are bringing enough dakka that most things on the ground won't be a problem.

Which brings us to the sky. How does your list deal with fliers (which you will definitely see, perhaps in multiple, at 2000pts)

That being said your aim was for a well rounded and fluffy RW list and I think you have covered most of that. It is just the glaring weakness to remove/ignore cover and fliers that would worry me.
>>
>>46036756

What would I change?

Make them an independent character rather than a unit. Maybe cheap ones I guess that can be taken multiple to a slot like old Royal Court since they've already got a 5 to a box kit, I guess.

Oh, and give them Dunestrider so they can keep up with Ruststalkers and Infiltrators when joined to a unit.
>>
>>46037266

>An entire Land Raider without Assault Transport to shift 5 T3 dudes.

Wew lad.
>>
>>46037460
I'm not trying to say that Lasguns are the optimal Wraithguard killing tool, just that they're more survivable than their 3+ suggests.

For comparison though, 12 plasma shots from marines.

6 hit a tac squad, 5 wound, no save.

Termie squad, 5 wound, ~1-2 make their Invul, so 3-4 wounds.

Wraithguard, 4 wound, no saves.

So again, Wraithguard are coming out quite well for themselves.

Strength 8+ with good AP would be the main thing that causes them problems, but at that point you're using anti-tank weapons, so I don't think their durability is in question.
>>
>>46037150
they're expensive fire dragons

unless you give them d-scythes, in which case they turn into expensive rape dragons
>>
>>46037649
Since you are using guardsmen as an example: battle cannon: Kills tacs and wraithguards just as well. Terminators come out top.
>>
>>46037495
>good dun-boat
With weapons it's more expensive. For ~ the same price I can take this and easily kill almost everything on board.
>>
>>46037150
With D-Scythes they are overpowered. But they are expensive too, they are probably more balanced by points than a lot of other things in the codex (210 points for 5 of them, 1 wound each, 340 points to put them in a Serpent) No small chunk of points
>>
>>46037695
You're playing a completely different game from everyone else.
>>
>>46037690
And at that point you're firing the main guns of Tanks at them. The original point was about them not being hard to take out, when in reality they're as durable as terminators, just a bit more or a bit less against certain targets.
>>
>>46037214
From a quick first glance here are some things I can recommend

Give warbuggies rockets don't bother with big shootas

Give battlewagons just one big shoota save the points and use that shoota for weapon destroyed results if your just using them as transports. Killkannon is OK but put those on looted wagons to act as artillery. Don't bother with deff rollas they are sadly pointless now just use rams.

Don't bother with tank hammers let them keep their rockets, put them in a truck and blast the fuck out of the vehicle's

Swarms of boys and grots are OK just be aware of big shooty armys that may kill alot of them, try to use the grots as bullet shields.

If you can take some things out to get mega nobs. If they get in combat they will wreak face.

Good luck man
>>
File: Tallarn.jpg (815 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Tallarn.jpg
815 KB, 2560x1440
So I'm rolling up a custom chapter and I'm wondering, are there any canon Space Marine chapters that are descended from one of the Traitor Legions? I know the Blood Ravens are supposedly descended from the Thousand Sons, but I was hoping there were others with more concrete lineage linked to one of the heretic legions.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.