[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you make it work that drow become a viable threat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11
How would you make it work that drow become a viable threat?
>>
Governess of the realm openly invites them.
Anyone who questions her decision will be persecuted.
>>
Divine politics results in the sun being dimmed to such an extent that they don't constantly take damage, this lessens crop wields, weakening everyone on the surface, and the drow go all viet-cong to secure some territory topside before Ao sorts shit out.
>>
>>46009631
a major cult of bane starts getting popular in the upper realms of the underdark due to long term conflicts with surface orcs and shallow dwelling goblinoids. Now there is a regimented, coherent society of Drow and hobgoblins being pushed towards the surface by loyalists to lolth, massive internal religious strife moving both factions to fundamentalism, and a diaspora of orcs and goblinoids already occupying the attention of the relevant surface kingdoms. This clusterfuck is being fed by both Gruumsh and Correlon and their forces, as escalating the situation does serious harm to their respective nemeses, leading to a brewing celestial proxy war. Already the two fae courts stir in the wilds, and yet greater armies of inter and summer faeries are organizing to make the situation even worse.
>>
>>46009631

They become the Locust from Gears of War and undermine entire countries, collapsing them in giant sinkholes and then flooding the ruins with all sorts of tamed abominations in the Underdark while Drow taskmasters roam around slaving and scavenging.
>>
>>46009631
They start the feminist movement, except they fast forward to the current version instead of the one that made sense.
>>
>>46010117
>bane

Is he a big guy?
>>
>>46010317
Eh, not really.
>>
>>46010117
I like this thank you for being well thought out in the clusterfuck that is FR
>>
>>46010317
Only for you.
>>
File: Bane_p16.jpg (68 KB, 400x556) Image search: [Google]
Bane_p16.jpg
68 KB, 400x556
>>46010342
>>46010317
He's kind of a big guy?
>>
File: wallpaper_bane_800.jpg (133 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_bane_800.jpg
133 KB, 800x600
>>46010362
I mean look at him though don't you wanna lick his chest
>>
File: 1448333130510.gif (2 MB, 371x500) Image search: [Google]
1448333130510.gif
2 MB, 371x500
>>46010117
>bane
>>
>>46010362
Damn, that helmet must be pretty good.
Do you think If I pulled it off in battle, he would die?
>>
>>46010668
He isn't wearing a helmet in that picture.

I hope in the future you all kill yourselves
>>
>>46010796
>killing myself

That'd be extremely painful
>>
>>46010796
Clearly he took off the helmet in the picture because the heat from your head is making it too sweaty.
It must have been painful for him
>>
>>46009631
A sudden burst of magic that protects some of them from Lolth's influence causes an increase in non-Evil drow, making it less acceptable to slaughter them indiscriminately and more common on the surface. However, this also makes it much easier for still Evil drow to infiltrate other societies and cause more havoc than they ever could as simple bandits.
>>
File: damn I love damnation 1.jpg (195 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
damn I love damnation 1.jpg
195 KB, 1024x1365
>>46010394
>that breastplate wasn't made with a muscle pattern
>bane just flexes and it gets stretched out that way
>because bronze is actually softer than bane
>>
>>46010881
I love it when evil is so happy about it.
Fuck angsty bitches, fuck pants on head retards that think they're doing it for the right reasons, and fuck edgelords; give me a glorious asshole who loves being evil for the sake of it any day of the week.
>>
File: you fell four sessions ago.jpg (3 MB, 2177x3056) Image search: [Google]
you fell four sessions ago.jpg
3 MB, 2177x3056
>>46010914
requiem is for you then
>>
>>46010881

damn that artwork is sweet. Now i want to work on my roman setting.
>>
File: 1379364883427.jpg (753 KB, 1280x1761) Image search: [Google]
1379364883427.jpg
753 KB, 1280x1761
>>46011020
The greatest setting never played in.
>>
File: punt.png (615 KB, 825x1022) Image search: [Google]
punt.png
615 KB, 825x1022
>>46010914
>>
>>46010117
I'm just waiting for the inevitable Allah drowbar.
>>
File: Overlord002.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Overlord002.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
>>46010914
You sound like you'd love Overlord. I know I do.

Fuck, now I want an overlord setting.
But how does one handle the fact that multiple overlords tend to fight each other if I want to play it in a group?
>>
>>46014277
Option one: They agreed to back each other up in order to take out their mutual enemies, after which it turns into a free for all.

Option two: each of them want to rule a particular area, and they teamed up to wipe out the groups currently occupying those areas. Ex. Sultan Deathmurder wants to rule the dunes, High King Slaughterkill wants be Lord of the fjords, Baron Bloodsausage wants to oppress the plains, and the filthy fucking elves are crawling over everywhere.

Option three: they're reasonable and calculating overlords who are willing to share rulership for mutual benefit, as long as they have leverage.

Option four: none of them have thought past taking over.

Option five: Evil hivemind ending.
>>
>>46011945
>implying cloning wouldn't make females redundant instead
the jab about feminist hypocrisy was pretty funny though
>>
>>46014946
The way hell works in the comic is you can become various different creatures after death depending on your sins. Ghouls are the hypocrites.
Vampires were the AAA++ capital-E Evil, who actively enjoyed every minute of it.
>>
>>46010914
People doing evil for the right reasons aren't evil though.
>>
>>46015338
If doing it works towards the right thing than it wasn't evil to begin with.
Evil is evil for any reason because the only causes it helps are shitty ones. "Evil for the right reasons" is really just an ugly, dickish flavor of neutral.
>>
>>46010233
This is one that the drow could probably actually do without significant changes to them.
>>
File: Warlord.jpg (64 KB, 644x673) Image search: [Google]
Warlord.jpg
64 KB, 644x673
>>46011749
Imperialistic Romanesque drow are best drow
>>
>>46015437
But what is "evil"? I'm pretty sure the orc who razed your city was thinking "I did the right thing", as well as the drow who grew up with the belief that feeding slothful slaves to the spiders is perfectly normal.
>>
>>46014277
Have them all be the children of the second Overlord, who either have enough familial respect in order to help each other out and/or wait until they're established before attacking each other, or alternatively someone like Gnarl has made countermeasures/incentives to make them work together.
>>
>>46015882
>I'm pretty sure the orc who razed your city was thinking "I did the right thing"
One, fuck no they weren't. They were thinking "Ha! That was fuckin hilarious. Lookit, lil' twitchy's made a dirt angel! Har Har. Oi, issat booze?"
Evil doesn't even stop to think about "is this the right thing to do?" because they're too busy fucking around.

Secondly, whether you believe an action is helpful has no bearing on reality. A cultist of Hastur might be convinced that he's doing the sacrifice a favor by taking them out of the horrible reality they live in, but sadly for him his reasoning is flawed, his logic fails to adequately justify his actions, and he is Evil.

Thirdly, that drow knows damn well that they're evil, because Loth doesn't even try to present herself otherwise. They just don't care, because from their twisted perspective good and Good are completely unrelated to each other. That perspective, in turn, exists only because Loth continually props up their hilariously unstable and self-destructive society for her own amusement, resulting in a socal structure where shit that's helpful literally everywhere else in all realities instead gets you killed.
>>
>>46009631
>make drow a viable threat
What age we live in..
>>
>>46009631
They worship brown recluse spiders
>>
File: 1680x1050.jpg (203 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1680x1050.jpg
203 KB, 1680x1050
>>46014911
>>46016324
Thanks for the ideas guys. This'll need some work, but maybe I can come up with something good.
>>
>>46016372
Was there some uber-god, the ablosute and ultimate moral instance who defined what "Good" and Evil" are? If not, then every god who can defend his title is doing the right thing, as are their followers.

The value of sentient life is something abstract that you either have to come up with yourself or that has to get indoctrinated into your brain.

The orc knows that humans exist to get raided and pillaged, because such is life. The drow's egocentrical nature is tought to her by her moral paragon, thus it's also right.
>>
>>46009631
>How would you make it work that drow become a viable threat?
they're not naturally?
>>
>>46009631
Dude, I'm sure you live in America. Look at all the perks women have.

Now imagine they worshiped a spider goddess and could have spooky powers.
>>
>>46015076
God I love that setting and comic so much.

>Aleister Crowly and his baboon mistress
>Because Evil = Power, a comatose Adolf Hitler is stuck in a missile and used as a WMD
>Radical feminist airship pirates
>Werewolves used as sex slaves
>Emperor Nero and his Rocky Horror Picture Show cosplay
>Every single panel looks like a heavy metal cover from the mid-80s
>>
>>46016927
>Was there some uber-god, the ablosute and ultimate moral instance who defined what "Good" and Evil" are?
There was if you play dnd
>>
>>46017307
In that case it's settled. Though you'd still have to learn your moral codex directly from him to be able to objectively judge good and evil. So everyone still thinks that they are in the right.
>>
>>46014105
converting to Bane is like converting to Caesar, it would be "Ave Imperatrix!"
>>
>>46017075
the criteria for vampiris bugged me a bit, because it seemed that one had to be aware of the "evil" of their actions and embrace it, to such an extent that if a violent sadist thought it was right to be a hedonistic bastard he would still not merit because he had not embraced "evil", but instead considered himself good.
>>
>>46018944
I know, It was funnier that way.
>>
>>46009631
Drow now have Aquaman-esque control over all spiders. Yes, this includes the spiders in your house right now.
>>
>>46016462
This.

>>46016951
Not anymore. we live in an age where people just write down Drizzt as their race and be done with it. Drow are just the "black underground elves with the cool white hair" now.
>>
>>46009631
Treat groups of drow like anti adventurers.
Magic items, prepared spells, plans, retreating then attacking again.
Not just monsters to kill, or treasure holders.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.