[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/WoDg/ - World of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: 1410251982307.png (720 KB, 640x790) Image search: [Google]
1410251982307.png
720 KB, 640x790
http://pastebin.com/gsYUFPGD

Tell us about your last session!

Also: "that guy" encounters in WoD games.
>>
File: owod.jpg (34 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
owod.jpg
34 KB, 594x334
>>46007357

Another topic: What about the One World of Darkness?
Will it be any good?
>>
>>46007357
>Tell us about your last session!

Ok, I start:

>tried a "film noir" style game with my group
>20's, fictional American city (we're Europeans and lazy)
>Camarilla politics and shit
>Brujah gangsters try to take control of the "business" in the city
>Players: Assamite agent working for the Prince, Gangrel "lone wolf", Giovanni detective (yes, it's very interesting) and a Brujah gangster

Last session was pretty fun, but I fear that the story is going nowhere.
Also I think the Big Bad will be a Dracula-style Tzimisce who's "Jyhading" in the background, playing chess with the Brujah gangsters and the Prince.

What do you think?
>>
>>46007510
>>46007357
>Also: "that guy" encounters in WoD games.

The Assamite player is a "that girl" who desperately wants to act as a "msyterious, exotic femme fatale from the One Thousand and One Nights", but she overdoes it and it's really annoying.

And I think she has some kinda mental illness, too...
>>
That guy who plays Fishmalk. Except that he is the Storyteller and the whole clan is this
>>
>>46007598

I always thought that playing Malkavians is fun.

If you don't go with the stereotypical fishmalk or the "multiple personalities lmao" character, then it's ok.
>>
>>46007357
Lackluster sacred hunt, followed by plotting to kill an ancient vampire and arguments about whether or not to bring one of his "minions" into the conspiracy, since she doesn't seem all that loyal.
>>
>>46007671

Are you the storyteller?

If yes, then what'll be the next step?
Is the minion loyal or not?
>>
>>46007357
It was a short game. The major beats of the session were a ghoul was forced to betray his master's identity and an npc who's apart of Network Zero had a mental breakdown because one of the members of his Cell was killed by a vampire and he learned the other one was a Beast, meaning he had been in a Cancer Cell for a couple of years. We were left on a cliffhanger when the dead Hunter in the trunk of the car rose as a Revenant.
>>
>>46007771
I'm not the storyteller, but we're pretty sure she's not loyal. She needs some information from the vampire, which is why she's serving him, but as werewoofs we can just get the information from him ourselves. As long as we can get her that information (something to do with another vampire who used to live there) she'll help us, and she's already given us some info about places he might be vulnerable, and how many ghouls he has guarding him.

Thing is we have other ways to go about it, too. There's a very large pack/small protectorate in another city that hate the vampires and would be really willing to help, but we're not on good terms with them so it would involve a lot of jumping through hoops before they'd "trust us" enough to help us, otherwise they might think it's a trap.
>>
What do you do when Elder wakes from torpor?
>>
>>46009146
Offer him a virgin or something to drink.

You could try to dress it up like it's not explicit ass kissing, but you both know it's not.
>>
>>46009146
hope he doesn't have an opinion on current politics but otherwise ignore him
>>
>>46007598
I'm currently playing in a VtM game where our Malkavian is completely sane, except that he's convinced he's a Dracula instead of a Vampire. Refuses to go near mirrors, crosses, running water, garlic, etc.

It's a lot less cringey than it sounds.
>>
>>46009146

>elder wakes up
>he slowly opens his eyes in his coffin
>you and all his fledglings and ghouls are around him
>somebody opens a champagne
>everyone throws confetti in the air
>troubadours start to play some loud music
>IT'S PARTY TIME
>topless mortal wenches everywhere
>elder drinks vitae from the bottle (very expensive, magically sealed blood, of course)
>everyone starts to lose Humanity, dried bodies on the floor
>elder dances wildly on the dancefloor, wenches are loosing their shit, fainting around him
>peasants are gathering around the castle, joining the party
>blood flows from everywhere
>party stops at sunrise
>fledglings helping the drunk elder to his coffin
>corpses everywhere, but worth it
>Best Waking Party ever

Also next they the Camarilla was announced.
>>
Wraith20 when?
>>
>>46010096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPU7NSVQwY
>>
>>46010226
several months after it's finished being written
>>
>>46010226

The Division is over so hopefully late this year/early next year.
>>
>>46010096
Thefact I thought of Minions when I read this is rather embarrassing.
>>
>>46010288
It did seem like the lead-up to the count getting incinerated by the sun scene.
>>
File: 003.png (1 MB, 1280x1693) Image search: [Google]
003.png
1 MB, 1280x1693
Semi-frequent reminder that Forgotten is best Threshold

Pic sort of related: character's Geist
>>
>>46010248
https://youtu.be/o6HXmYi6Jw8?t=1m17s
>>
>>46007357

>Demon
>Set in Phoenix, AZ
>Players were all summoned in the same Facility, so far 2/4 have realized this and met in-charcter, one was absent from the session, the other was just joining the game
>Start off with the 2 who've already met getting some new info on the mortal agents who keep the Facility running, they're planning to try and take down the company that 'owns' it and suborn the infrastructure inside
>The Analyst also follows an Angel in her class(her Cover is a highschool freshman) around after school, said Angel searches through their teachers desk, then heads to the main office and talks to the teacher directly about something; his bag shifts a bit while they're talking, without either of them touching it
>The new guy decides right away to go back to the Facility since he knows where it is(hurray for Eidetic Memory)
>Sneaks his way into the elevator that's used to get Angels in/out of the Facility, takes it down
>Horribly traumatizes the young mortal agent who has no fucking clue what the reality of the situation is and just manages the computers that operate the Infrastructure, asks him some questions, then knocks him out
>Then proceeds to Merciless Gunman the 2 guards who show up to respond and leave their corpses on the ground for the young agent to find when he wakes up, then leaves
>Meanwhile the other 2 are still making plans to try and infiltrate the place so they can dig up some more info

Spoilers below because I think one of my players might read these threads but idk
>The Angel classmate's mission is to steal a specific pen from the teacher, she found it in his bag with Angelic Reflexes while they were talking
>>
>>46007357
I really need to get around to updating that image. But I didn't save the original.
>>
File: hsgeesg.jpg (418 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hsgeesg.jpg
418 KB, 1024x768
>you will never have a Kindred girlfriend
Why even live?!

Also best waifu material clan ranking:

1, Assamite
2, Brujah
3, Followers of Set
4, Gangrel
5, Giovanni
6, Lasombra
7, Malkavian
8, Nosferatu
9, Ravnos
10, Toreador
11, Tremere
12, Tzimisce
13, Ventrue

6 = 5 > 11 = 13 > 1 = 2 = 4 >>> rest of them
>>
File: elder birthday.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
elder birthday.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>46010288
>>46010310
>>
>>46010886
>Implying the Elder doesn't have Resistance through the roof
Hue, hue, and for a third time hue.
>>
>>46010886

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn70cJQ3EPY
>>
>>46011086
You must be very fun to see movies with.
>>
>>46011145
You have a terrible sense of humor, are you projecting?
>>
>>46011220
Oh right, I forgot, you don't have any friends so no one sees movies with you.
>>
>>46007357
Please keep CofD in the subject
>>
>>46011472
Judging by the posts in this thread so far, this is an oWoD thread.

If people can manage enough oWoD discussion to keep the thread alive, that's fine.

oWoD discussion is almost always drowned out by nWoD discussion in the threads that include both anyway.
>>
>>46011575
I don't care what people discuss, but splitting the threads is always a disaster
>>
>>46011594
It's going fine so far.
>>
>>46011575
>Judging by the posts in this thread so far, this is an oWoD thread.
one person posting about vtm without response?
>>
>>46011252
I was just making the observation that your average Elder would be rather foolish (and dead) if he didn't have Resistance in any meaningful way.
>>
Hey what's the difference between hardcover and premium heavyweight for the rulebook?
>>
>>46011833
One is more likely to kill you when it falls on you.
>>
>>46011833
premium has thicker/high quality paper, so there's less bleed and the pages are tougher
drivethrurpg usually has a "note on the print editions" section that shows you the difference in qualuty
>>
File: 590.gif (453 KB, 280x207) Image search: [Google]
590.gif
453 KB, 280x207
>>46011846
>>
>>46007357
That Guy?

Oh just the gay guy who kept on insisting he was good at massages, and noticeably to all the other players in the group (including my wife) was making remarks that amounted to hitting on me (the GM). Oh and his vampire character based on Ms Peel from The Avengers, was played in a really misogynistic manner, almost counter the the entire character concept - because to him, women get their way by exposing themselves. :/
>>
GDC starts tomorrow, right? White Wolf will probably make some announcements.
>>
>>46010800
I really, really don't think that it's wise to put the Giovanni or the Lasombra at the top.
>>
chronicles of fagness
>>
>>46013363
Nope. This is World of Fagness.
>>
>>46013189
http://humanresources.paradoxplaza.com/

Most likely.
>>
>>46013688

Keeping my hopes down on this and just telling myself that it's just a Pillars of Eternity expansion.
>>
>>46014014
>http://humanresources.paradoxplaza.com/
They announced that that has nothing to do with White Wolf or World of Darkness.
>>
>>46014150
Cite your source
>>
File: something brand new.png (458 KB, 940x844) Image search: [Google]
something brand new.png
458 KB, 940x844
>>46014388
They've announced it elsewhere too.
>>
>>46014478
Pugmire
>>
>>46014501
They don't have the rights to Pugmire.

It's a brand new Paradox/Obsidian thing that might be a mobile game.
>>
Since we're splitting the threads now >>46014482.
>>
>>46014675
>splitting the threads

But we didn't.
>>
>>46014794
This is a WoD thread, so obviously we did.
>>
>>46014794
They took Chronicles of Darkness out of the name, so it sure seems like OP was trying to.
>>
>>46014814
>>46014854

Here's the deal: start a CoD discussion!
And we'll discuss CoD.
>>
>>46014912
We are. In the CofD thread.
>>
>>46015001
why, wy would you do this?
>>
>>46014814
>>46014854

You do know that some people don't know that there was a name change, right? Even I still call it all World of Darkness, and I play only CofD games.
>>
>>46015001
No, "we" aren't. People in your thread are telling you the exact same thing: Splitting the threads is stupid, and you should stop trying.

Here's a discussion question: What do you think, as written, is the most and least interesting covenant in VtR? How would you improve the least interesting one?

Which version of the VII do you like the most?
>>
File: dgds.jpg (20 KB, 600x307) Image search: [Google]
dgds.jpg
20 KB, 600x307
>>46015001

That's how it starts...
The fever... the rage...

That's what make good threads... cruel.
>>
>>46015058

I like all the Covenants about equally, but my absolute favorite version of the VII is The Betrayed. While it's the most "traditional" of the versions, I like that new twist to politics that it can add.
>>
>>46015058
Most: Invictus
Least: Lancea Et Sanctum
How to fix LS: Make them less evil for evil's sake/add an internal faction that does something beyond say "we're evil for the purposes of there being an evil in the world", which is afaik the entire purpose of the covenant
>>
>>46015191
>How to fix LS: Make them less evil for evil's sake/add an internal faction that does something beyond say "we're evil for the purposes of there being an evil in the world", which is afaik the entire purpose of the covenant
From what I remember, the purpose of the LS was to scare people straight by doing horrible shit to humans who fall off the righteous path as an example to others.
>>
>>46015058
I think I like the Circle of the Crone the most, and exploring their philosophy, but through the lens of different internal factions - e.g. I run the city Crone faction as an alliance of Crone cults, that use different mythologies, so that they come up with different interpretations of the Crone ideals. Now while the Crone are meant to be this witch cult that re-emerges time and again, thanks to vampires, I do have one faction in the Crone that is led by an apparently ancient Celtic vampire who hails from just before the Roman invasion of Britain.
>>
Why are Vampires so gay?
>>
>>46015058
>Which version of the VII do you like the most?

The Tremere. Being Ageless, kinda-vampiric-kinda-not monsters dedicated to a religious ideal, where the number 7 figures prominently.
>>
>>46015287

Not all of them.
Just the Toreadors.
>>
>>46015287
Because they suck?
>>
File: vgzgee.gif (4 MB, 347x244) Image search: [Google]
vgzgee.gif
4 MB, 347x244
>>46015334
>Because they suck?

Never gets old...
>>
>>46015287
Why cut your food supply in half?
>>
Can anyone explain to me the point of grappling in nwod beyond cutting out the other person's defense?

Is there a reason to do it one on one if you both have the same amount of strength and brawl?

It almost seems like the guy initiating grappling is at a disadvantage.

Is there a summary of combat for wrestling out there somewhere?
>>
>>46015418
>implying I eat bull or rooster

Sometimes it's a matter of principle.
>>
>>46015449
If you have a method of restraint, winning 2 grapples in a row immediately takes someone out of the fight via Hold>Restrain.

You can Hold them to eliminate their defense for any allies.

You can disarm them, or hit them with their own weapon.
>>
>>46015449

The point of grappling is that you force your opponent to use brawl. It's great against firearms and weaponry characters.

Thanks to how the mechanics work out, it can also be one of the most high-damage builds in the game.
>>
>>46015303
I think only things from, you know, Vampire counts. Seeing as they are, you know, VAMPIRE antagonists.
>>
>>46015508

>Thanks to how the mechanics work out, it can also be one of the most high-damage builds in the game.

So what's the downside if it's high damage and good against all other combat options?
>>
>>46015490

>winning 2 grapples in a row immediately takes someone out of the fight via Hold>Restrain.

Can't they try to break the restraints? I can't see handcuffs holding a werewolf for long.
>>
File: Fort 5 Ventrue takes a walk.gif (1 MB, 308x212) Image search: [Google]
Fort 5 Ventrue takes a walk.gif
1 MB, 308x212
>>46011086
>>
>>46015490
Is that in the 1st e core book anywhere?
>>
>>46015584
>So what's the downside if it's high damage and good against all other combat options?

The downside is that it's brokenly good. Grapplers are a cheese-build for combatants.
>>
>>46015551
Pretty sure it's one of those goddamn oWoD fags that cling to the Tremere desperately, despite switching to Requiem.
>>
>>46015612
>I can't see handcuffs holding a werewolf for long.
Not working well against Werewolf is not really an argument against restraints. Very few things can do much against a Werewolf.
But no, mundane restraints won't hold a Werewolf for long. If nothing else, they are normally Brawl focused enough that you won't easily win a grapple anyway.
>>
>>46015641

It's funny, because he really does look like a Ventrue.
>>
>>46015716

Yes but you said it automatically takes someone out of the combat. In theory they can still keep taking actions, right?

I mean, I've seen a handcuffed guy kick a cop in the face.
>>
>>46015713
Perhaps? That said, the CofD Tremere are a fusion between mages and vampires. They live forever, they feed on humans, they fall into torpor.
Their religion is all about how the Seventh Watchtower will rise when they've devoured enough souls, and fed it to said tower.
>>
>>46015584
You lose your defense while grappling for one, so it's dangerous outside of 1-on-1 combat.
>>
>>46015776
Only when using Hold. Otherwise it's not penalty.
>>
>>46015764
>Yes but you said it automatically takes someone out of the combat.
I didn't. But you may be right, even bound someone can theoretically keep taking actions. Would have to look at the immobilized tilt to say for sure.
>>
>>46015551
VII exists outside of requiem? how the fuck are they tied to the tremere in nwo.

i'm confused.
>>
>>46015888
The Tremere, in nWoD was a mage cult, who got captured by a mysterious vampiric Thing known as The Theban. This fucked them up immensely.
The end result is that they are now halfway between Awakened and Vampire, and they worship a thing known as the Seventh Watchtower.

A lot of vampiric badguys in CofD has 7 as their theme number, the Tremere are one of them.
>>
>>46015962
right but in what source book are they tied to requiems VII.
>>
>>46015490
>>46015696
>>46015716
>>46015584
>>46015508

does anyone have a turn by turn example of grappling available. because i still don't understand why, or how, it works.
>>
>>46016046
None. They are just a group of vampiric badguys with an obsession with the number 7. Oh, and both exist in CofD.
>>
>>46007357
Our coterie rules the Latin Quarter of Constantinople, having taken it from the Bishop Alfonso of Venice by coup de main eight nights prior. He did not survive the fight to be interrogated, and someone murdered his seneschal and burnt all his papers. However using Auspex 3 we were able to learn that he had recently received a missive saying his Inconnu patrons were sending a team to reinforce him. The session before last we learned that an unusual number of ships from Rome had arrived, so this session some of us decided to investigate.

Lucretia, the Genoese Toreador i'm playing, decided to consult with her Lasombra spymaster. She learned that four Knights Templar had disembarked from the ships, whom she suspected of being the Inconnu kill team. Helgi, our Gangrel Viking, decided to investigate by buying drinks and making conversation at various taverns. He didn't learn much other than the presence of the Roman vessels was unusual but not incredible. The third investigator was Isaak, the Ashenkashi Assamite Sorcerer. He had no idea how to go about investigating so decided to stand outside a tavern trying to eavesdrop on conversation despite the ST explicitly warning him that this was a stupid course of action.

Naturally not only did Isaak did not learn anything, but he was too busy focusing on the tavern to notice three armed and armoured men cornering him. After exchanging a few words, during which Isaak did not blood buff or take any other measures to prepare for the fight that was obviously coming, so he was easily staked.

Now Lucretia very rarely turns off her Heightened Senses, so as she was leaving her spymaster's place she caught the scent of blood in the air. Deciding to follow it, she encountered Helgi leaving a tavern near the docks, told him she smelled blood in the air. Together they followed it to find a a wall with a message written in fresh blood, "Your Saracen is in Rome. Come and get him."

Looks like next session will be a sea chase.
>>
>>46016104
Also, Marcus Sertorius Postumus, the Roman Lasombra in a nine year old's body, has several score street urchins who answer to him. Recently they've been running wild because their patron is now vampiric co-ruler of the Latin Quarter and people are too scared to mess with his clients. Now Lucretia had told Marcus that his clients had managed to become the second greatest source of chaos in the Latin Quarter, and suggested that he should rein them in eventually. He decided to do it now, reasoning a week was long enough for them to have their fun. So he went looking for the most troublesome gang.

He found them passed out drunk in a warehouse and kicked them awake. Then he criticized them for both the excessive trouble they had been causing, and the fact that they hadn't gotten him much in the way of results lately. You see, there's a gang of Malkavian flagellants that has attacked us a few times, and we can't seem to track them down despite our various informant networks.

The kids were, needless to say, not happy with this. One of them, a bigger boy about 12-13 years old, told Marcus that they weren't his dogs. Marcus replied, "If you were my dogs, you would bark like a dog." Making the last words into a Dominate command, causing the boy to bark a few times. So the boy decides to double down, drop his trousers, and piss all over Marcus' feet. Marcus was not happy, so he Dominated the boy into cleaning up the mess, with his tongue. (Though after making the point he did tell the kid to finish with a rag or something.)

Then Marcus goads one of the other boys into stabbing him in the palm of his hand with a knife. He pulls the knife out, heals the wound, and breaks it in half. Then he tells them that he is reining them in for their own protection. There are dangerous monsters out there, things far worse than him, and he cannot be everywhere at once, can't save them from every predator, only avenge them after the fact. So the kids agree to tone it down.
>>
>>46015191
Or, and this is just a wild theory, stop making covenants that simply mimic what the mortals are currently up to, and have them respond and react to their own history.

Before you cry "too much like Masquerade", let me tell you, VtM did not pioneer realism.
>>
>>46007357
>Not quite call of court at new gathering location to be Elysium, maybe, after hunters blew up a bunch of Kindred businesses using outdated info
>Lots of vampires in attendance
>Prince explains concept of Masquerade, concept of why masquerade exists, Elders all agreeing
>Prince uses the aggression of vampires to 'go kill the hunters' as a lesson on how NOT to follow up, about 1/3rd of court stood when he said 'who would like to go kill them in revenge' more or less
>Lots of politicking. Bricks were shat when two Anarchs (Daughter of Cacophony, and a Brujah who was also the Baron) defected to the Camarilla. New Gangrel showed up, embrace-and-drop (new player)
>Sabbat Nosferatu infiltrator posing as a Gangrel makes shenanigans
>Mage who was once a vampire (long story, unique fallout to some insanity) assists local Giovanni in getting something to trade to Sascha Vykos for a book, written by an Oracular Giovanni telling what will happen to the Underworld during the End of the World. He plans to stop the Underworld from being destroyed. Giovanni also finds out that Wraiths are looking for shadow of Little Boy.
>A Syndicate member and two HITMarks come to court 'looking for the reality deviant' and get given a false address
>Anarchs argue about domain rights and personal domain with an Elder Architect of the Camarilla Tremere.
>>
>>46015058
>Most interesting
Tie between the Ordo Dracul and the Invictus, though I much prefer the 1e stylings of the Ordo.
>Least Interesting
Carthians. I just can't get into them. Personal opinion. I think I'd improve it by giving them more of a focus; I get that they're 'all new ideaologies, all the time' but it gets old to have something going and tear down, or their 'ideaology' is 'some other Covenant-lite' or just flat-out anarchy.

>Which version of VII?
The Betrayed, hands-down. I'm a fan of options and I like the Betrayed a LOT.
>>
So are there any rules for creating chemical/biological weapons?
I know the stats for them are in the armory but I can't find any information on actually creating them.
Any ideas?
>>
>>46018413

That's almost certainly gotta be an extended Science roll, with some heavy Resources needed to purchase the materials.
>>
>>46018456
I totally have the resources required.
In fact I have the resources necessary to buy a warehouse and build a rote chemical plant in it without too much sweat. Extended science works, where would you put the required successes at? Maybe 2*Toxicity?
>>
>>46018199
>I get that they're 'all new ideaologies, all the time' but it gets old to have something going and tear down, or their 'ideaology' is 'some other Covenant-lite' or just flat-out anarchy.
They're like the Spring Court. Just because we're dead doesn't mean we have to act like it, we can have our human governance and human rules.

Yes, it's not EXACTLY like the Spring Court, but they aren't going to let the fact that they're dead mean that they have to spend the rest of eternity bowing to a Prince and being swordsmen like they're in some fucking LARP
>>
File: timey_wimey.jpg (21 KB, 288x247) Image search: [Google]
timey_wimey.jpg
21 KB, 288x247
>>46007357

It featured a flashback within a flashforward within a flashback!

>The Flashback
Previously, the VASCU agent in our Hunter group, after learning about the treatment that gave him his psychic powers, asked his (then) boss to make him stronger. Until very recently he's had a mental block covering the end of that conversation. However, his boss, at the end of the previous session, called him and asked him for help, saying a codephrase that removed the mental block, and we flashed back to the agent's rapidly returning memories.

>The Flashforward
We flashed back to the VASCU agent being strapped into a chair with some electrodes, and told "Now if I technobabble-technobabble, your psychic neural impulses will technobabble-technobabble." When the switch got flipped, he got a one-way trip to the Hall of Mirrors (VASCU's future-prediction power). In one mirror, specifically, he saw the far-off future of 2024, eight years after 90% of human population went extinct.

>The Flashback
This session was a one-shot session of post-apocalyptic Hunter. Everybody was given new characters to play, and they went and had a post-apocalyptic adventure. Near the climax, the PC playing a mage who lost access to the Supernal Realms (the apocalypse involved supernaturals losing their powers) used the only magical powers he had left, his Legacy Attainments, to view the past and discovered the cause of the apocalypse.

>The Reveal
Turns out it was all a plot by the Director of VALKYRIE to kill the God-Machine (and by extension supernaturals) by causing mass human extinction. I think I've told the story in this general before. Now the PCs have to stop him. (and/or join him. They don't all see eye-to-eye on the issue.)
>>
>>46007510
>European
>plays cWoD

Why?! Why is it so popular over there?
>>
>>46007357
>Also: "that guy" encounters in WoD games.
My CtL LARP group. It's a group based at my university and I joined in October. Other than a few dedicated players who are really fucking great roleplayers, the entirety of the group are playing the Changeling equivalent of Fishmalks.

My least favorite is the guy who plays a Darkling with greed as his vice, and decides to play this as a magpie who rifles through your pockets, violating the no contact rule, then shouting "smoke 5" and prancing about.
>>
>>46018992
As a European I have no fucking idea.

I think part of the reason is how little of CofD when as NWoD, got translated.

But then, I look at the German goth scene... and then I am not actually that surprised.
>>
>>46014014

Sawyer said they weren't gonna make more PoE expansions
>>
Hey WoD/CofD general. I need a little bit of help.

I've recently secured a spot in an old world of darkness game. This is a good thing, but I may have made a mistake in playing a Malkavian as the first character I will ever play under this GM. And of course, I had to pick one of the most hard things to roleplay: Schizophrenia.

Instead of going with the book's idea of Schizophrenia, I'm going with the more accurate/medical version where a person will get delusions and potentially hallucinations, as opposed to "voices in the head" or Multiple Personality Disorder/Disassociative Identity Disorder. I've talked a little with the GM about it, and he seems interested but worried. One of the examples I gave him of one of said delusions that he didn't like was thinking that the Prince was the Sheriff and the Sheriff was the Prince. He told me such and I told him that I'd stick away from mixing up identities with the delusions, and obviously I told him that ones that would be big enough to interrupt the flow of the scene would be from stressful situations/ones he gives me for plot reasons.

I wanna make sure I don't fuck this up. I'm excited as hell to play this character and I really wanna do it good and interesting. Other than the Schizophrenia, he is generally going to be played as a more calm and analytical person with strong social skill (though he does have a stutter). The kind of person you might not even realize is a Malkavian if it wasn't for the fact they occasionally seem to be disconnected from some facet of reality (within reason).

With all that said, can anyone think of pitfalls beyond the obvious ones? Obvious ones being things like "Don't play it for laughs" and "Don't constantly try and steal the spotlight" or "Don't use it as an excuse to just do whatever the fuck you want".
>>
>>46020937
>The kind of person you might not even realize is a Malkavian if it wasn't for the fact they occasionally seem to be disconnected from some facet of reality (within reason).
why play a malkavian at all if you're going to downplay it?
>>
>>46021189
No, I'm not gonna downplay it, its there for the contrast. Moments of lucidity and moments of insanity, you know?
>>
>>46010800

I want a Tzimisce waifu
>>
>>46021322
we all do
>>
>>46020937
I played something sort of similar for a Dark Ages game, as a Cainite priest. Most of the time my character was an obsessive compulsive with writing in his journal, but when moments felt write, I would write mad stuff in the journal (for real) and let the ST read it and see what he could work into the game, and vice versa.
>>
>>46007357
New York Toredore conartist
Ravnos Party Face
Ventrue seeking Galconda (His sire was count Chalk U. Law)
Murderhobo Gangrel

The murderhobo gangrel made the Ravnos and Toreador into murderhobos
>>
>>46021559
Mine was megalomania. He would go on these tirades until he was foaming at the mouth and about to frenzy. I suppose a bit like Dennis from Always Sunny, though he wasn't based on him.

He was in the Ordo Dracul, though, so while he was tiresome to otherhs he had modern skills to back it up, having the highest computers/technology skills in the domain.
>>
Where are the meeting notes? Late as hell tonight.
>>
>>46022446
it's been posted
>>
File: Trabbold_Awakening2.jpg (297 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
Trabbold_Awakening2.jpg
297 KB, 612x792
>>46022588
Here's some Mage 2e art.
>>
File: Araya_PtC2.jpg (490 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
Araya_PtC2.jpg
490 KB, 612x792
>>46022640
Promethean 2e art
>>
>>46022446
For those wondering, yes, Mage2e still in layout.
>>
File: Leblanc_NeolithicMage.jpg (382 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
Leblanc_NeolithicMage.jpg
382 KB, 612x792
>>46022670
Neolithic Mage art with mage about to get raped.
>>
>>46022671
I thought it had been cancelled?
>>
File: Mark_TremereGhoul.jpg (449 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
Mark_TremereGhoul.jpg
449 KB, 612x792
v20 Ghoul art, ghoul totally not looking out of place.
>>
>>46022670
Lovely.
>>
Dark Eras – At WWP for approval.
Beast Anthology – At WWP for approval.
--
M20 Deluxe Edition – starting shipping this week
Beast Screen – proofs approved, being printed
Lore of the Clans LtD Edition – proofs approved, being printed
Lore of the Clans Screen – proofs approved, being printed
>>
>>46022719
>just an asian woman with blue eyes and white hair, nothing out of the ordinary here, please don't stare at my necromonicon
>>
Anybody know anything about deviant?
>>
>>46022719
Better than the crazy mohawk goth rapist on the front of the VtR ghouls cover.
>>
>>46023058
still in outlining
>>
>>46022786
I wonder if The Pack will get released before Mage. either way they should both be out soon.
>>
>>46023149
yeah it looks the artist thought he was drawing for masquerade
>>
>>46023058
>Anybody know anything about deviant?

It falls somewhere in quality between your favorite line and an unholy fusion of WoD Gypsies, Changing Breeds, and the original draft of Beast.
>>
>>46023058
It's about people who were altered and are hunted by the group that altered them (or who want to use them) and are fighting back against it

basically like 50% of sci fi movies, but you can be magic deviant too (like buffy and the watchers)
>>
>>46023254
So average?
>>
>>46023177
Impossible, the guy works one book at a time.
>>
>>46023392
See and that's what has me really caught up in it the whole you're a monster now fight against the thing that made you one.
>>
>>46023440
yeah tha'ts the big thing
>>
>>46023413
>>46023177
Layout: Text is ready, art is ready, and by this point we almost always have the design elements and InDesign layout format for the project ready. So, the borders, fonts, sidebar design, opening chapter page design, etc., are all set into the layout file and the text is flowed in. If done right, the text formatting is “read” by InDesign and changes the text to match those formats. This gives us chapter and sections titles and headers at the right size and font, and the italics and bolds where they belong.
Art is then set in, and text is moved to accommodate it, as well as any sidebars and charts. Sometimes the graphic designer creates discrete sections in different fonts or on parchment, or whatever, as called out in the text. Most of the time those “To Production” call-outs are deleted by the designer. Once everything is basically in its place, the designer creates the first proof PDF for the developer to review.
>>
>>46023440
There's also the option to be the one who turned themselves into a monster, now fight those jerkbags who want to cut you up to figure out how you did it. That's cool too.
>>
File: 1443861809654.jpg (53 KB, 474x595) Image search: [Google]
1443861809654.jpg
53 KB, 474x595
>>46015306
>implying its any clan but the Ventrue
wew
>>
How would you guys recommend I handle a sleeve gun in CofD?
I'm thinking a light pistol with only one or two bullets that can be fired without using an action to draw even without Quick Draw.

Asking because I've seen them used in some of my favorite moments in several things lately, and I figured I might try to emulate it a bit in my Demon game.
>>
>>46026004
I consider things like that as being treated as a free Quick Draw. Also, in Demon you don't even need that, just take In My Pocket and drop a gun out of your sleeve.

Also, what, did you just watch Taxi Driver?
>>
>>46026321
Mostly Tales from the Borderlands(Fiona's gun) and Fargo season 2(Mike Milligan in the scene with the Undertaker)

But it's also a great spy trope to just have a gun on hand, literally.

I'd use In My Pocket, if not for the fact that the character I'm considering giving one to is an Angel, and if he DOES die, I expect the Destroyer he's got a mission to kill will snag the gun.
>>
If I ever use life to grow stem cells in a tube to create a working human body, I will it grow its own soul? Is there any reason a human conceived naturally will revive a soul and a test tube creation can't?
>>
>>46026708
From what I understand, whatever you're trying outright won't really work unless you feed some ground-up Promethean into the tube and thereby bestow upon your clone a bit of their shitty half-formed soul.
>>
>>46026708
>Is there any reason a human conceived naturally will revive a soul and a test tube creation can't?

Yes
>>
>>46026749
Please tell me the reason. I just want to know since rest tube babes are made in labs today. They even make babies from same sex parents.
>>
>>46026783
Well, to be fair, we call them "test tube babies" but they actually spend most of their time inside someone's body.
>>
>>46026783

Because Mage runs on symbolism more than it runs on physics.

So far as Life is concerned, you need a mother, or at the very least something symbolic of a mother, to make a real human child.

If the test tube baby just grew of its own, no Life magic involved, it'd give you a real human child with a real soul. If you involve Life magic, it'll create a soulless being without a supplemental Arcana.
>>
>>46026783
>Please tell me the reason

I dunno, I'm not a Mage. but there is a reason. If you really want to know go track down a rank 5 ghost in the underworld and ask them. i'm sure it'll be fine...
>>
>>46026797
>most
all*

From the moment of conception onward, the baby is inside a uterus. The test tube babies thing is just a really ignorant way of imagining it.

>>46026783
The reason is a naturally conceived human will be born, a fetus created with magic inside a test tube and then grown will not be.
If you used Life to create magical semen and put them in a woman, it might get it's own soul. But that's heavily dependent on the woman not realizing she's got a magical baby growing in her until a couple of weeks into the pregnancy, I'd imagine.
Also technically rape.
>>
>>46026814
Then why do mortal scientists have such a hard time making cloning work without stolen Azoth to bridge the gap?
>>
>>46026876
>mortal scientists

Literally everyone involved in human cloning is actually working for the Exarchs
>>
>>46026876

Sounds like a Promethean thing; irrelevant to Mage.
>>
>>46026890
What, there aren't any pentacle mages getting involved?
>>
What do you think the best Path for an outer-space Mage would be?
I was thinking Mastigos for obvious reasons, but then there's Obrimos and their stars theme...
>>
>>46026967
Fine, they work for the Principle and we all know he's a dick.
>>
I have decided to embark on running Vampire for the first time as a one shot, using Requiem 1e as the base because the group is familiar with 1e NWoD (fuck this CoD noise), and would kindly enjoy the functional advice to be found.
I have decided to use pregenned character sheets, and the premise is the Prince of Pittsburgh is calling in an experienced coterie of GSD bloodsuckers because there is a problem: A newly turned vampire calling himself *looks at report* Alucard del Lestat Hellfang Stolz IV *cue look of bated disbelief* is massively abusing Majesty, to the point where attention is starting to gather, and he is to be APPREHENDED and brought to the Prince.
As it comes to the pregen characters, are there pitfalls to keep in mind? Is there more to the basics that the book itself wouldn't really cover?
>>
>>46008065
>rose as a Revenant
?
>>
>>46027465
Unintentional vampire.
>>
>>46026858
>Also technically rape.
You could ask her if she'd mind taking a turkey baster full of spooge up in there. I'm sure there's a woman out there who'd be willing, especially if you offered financial compensation.
>>
>>46010800

7>>> 12> 11> Trujah=3=8=9=10> 5=6=13> 2=4>>> 1&Laibon
>>
File: Therese_voerman.jpg (214 KB, 1243x895) Image search: [Google]
Therese_voerman.jpg
214 KB, 1243x895
>>46013239
>I really, really don't think that it's wise to put the Giovanni or the Lasombra at the top.

Think about all the hot Spanish and Italian women.
(No, not the moustached ones)

>>46021322
>I want a Tzimisce waifu

>she has a bad day
>she either transforms herself into some monstrosity
>or transforms you into some monstrosity

I don't know...

>>46027890
>7>>> 12> 11> Trujah=3=8=9=10> 5=6=13> 2=4>>> 1&Laibon

I'm really, really curious now.
Please explain!
>>
>>46022687
>Neolithic Mage

Is this gonna be WoD or CoD?
>>
>>46023829

Dude, Toreadors are literally Anne Rice vampires.
And while I like the Vampire Chronicles, they are obviously gay(ish).

Ventrues are not faggots - it's just everybody hates them... that's all.
>>
>>46029270
CofD. Part of the Dark Eras book.
>>
>>46026876
For Cloning to be accomplished you need to sacrifice a Promethean to do so. Its in mortal remains under TF:V section.
>>
>>46023654
Sounds pretty cool as well, man I hope the game is good and provides players with the ability to just go nuts with their powers. Granted I also want this game go have plenty of fluff about how much deviants interact with the other spooks of NWOD.
>>
>>46027095
Obrimos.
I believe Dave has stated before that you can't use Space Magic to travel beyond the earth's bounds except through Archmastery.
>>
>>46022695
I want this meme to die
>>
>>46023392
>you can be magic deviant too

Obviously never as good as an actual mage
>>
>>46029747
No but maybe you'll be able to have a wide scope of power? Maybe you can add things that make your deviant a more rounded out mage that can cover more fields of magic maybe not as strong but still it's magic. I just want to see what they do for deviants that are the thing like because I was really hoping that promethean would be something like deviant when I heard about but then I was dissapointed by it.
>>
How relevant are the Eclipses to Werewolves?
>>
>>46029803

No.

A mage will always be better, more powerful and with more options.
>>
>>46029980
a little
werewolves who have first change during eclipse tend to be untrusted, and have special auspice
depending on the kind of eclipse you could have luna or helios be blind and enemies try and take advantage
>>
>>46030159
Quit whining
>>46029747
They're probably much more good than mages, who are awful people
>>46029803
Deviant is a low-powered game
>>
>>46030210
Fair enough
>>
Anybody got any stories about their games in Nwod or Cwod? Stuff like player characters being faced with an interesting moral dilemma or just anything real fun.
>>
> any year
> not paying fealty to your Tzimadfksdkfgj;d;kfj overlords
Why do you hate the the best clan, /wodg/?
>>
>>46030254
We were hunting a human who is part of a larger vampire heavy organization andbeing hidden byt hat organization.
When we finally tracked him down to a motel, we found a wolf-blooded there and figured she was part of a pack whose territory it was

Trying to approach, she wran away, and we followed, scaring the fuck out of her in the process and making us think she was unaware of what she was (she also managed to warn our prey), we introducedourselves too soon

turns out she knew all about the wolfblooded/werewolf thing, but her pack were slaves of the organization (blood bonded to vampires and kept from hunting so not able to do much) so she didn't know much about actual werewolves
organization doesn't know we're after them (or at leasthow far we are in our quest after them, or who/what we are) so we questioned her in rv while following running prey
turns out, she was willing totell us about the organization if we left the guy alone (she "loved" him, even if he treated her like shit)

but ifthat happened, we'd forfeit hunt, she'd tell him and herbosses what we lookedl ike, who we were, send ghouls or werewolf slaves after us

and if we still went after prey and lefther alive, she'd have MORE reason to tell organization about us
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>46007357

Sometimes I see products IRL and think "this looks like something from WoD"

I mean Montezuma's revenge is a name for horrible diarrhea sickness, and a name that comes from a genocide.

Who would name a brand of chips after that as well as the sexy mascot character the came up with for the brand?
>>
>>46029219
Well, the Giovanni and Lasombra are about as evil as the Tzimisce, just less creative. The Giovanni are also sexually freaky in a bad way; they enjoy non-hot varieties of incest as well as necrophilia.
>>
>>46030369
What did you guys end up doing then?
>>
>>46030917
(Continued)
It seems like something Pentex would sell.

It also reminded me of the soda vending machines V:tM:B selling brands like

Liquid Demon Seed ("Slobber it down")
Rhondo
Dank Stank
SeXXX
13 Thirteen ~ ("13 stimulants in every bottle")
Triple Team
Yellow Sno
Baballs
Dirty Sanchez
and
ExTeaSee
>>
>>46030934
I'm a blood talon irraka, I killed her and we left her body with the the prey when we caught up (he was calling ahead for help at the time)
took a hit against the oath (we consider wolf blooded the people) but it got rid of my ban
>>
>>46031064
Figured it would have to come down to killing her.
>>
Anyone got any promethean the created gaming stories?
>>
>>46031103
it was the hardest kill in the game so far, since she wasn't against us (at least not yet) as much as an obstacle that would lead to loose ends
and since she was in love with the prey, killing him would not endeer us to her
>>
>>46031131
I understand but often times it's done to keep the rest of the group safe so the life of one can never truly outweigh the lives of the many. Also you did the best you could in a shitty situation.
>>
>>46031022
>13 Thirteen ~ ("13 stimulants in every bottle")
Hell, I'd buy that.
>>
>>46031192
1313 mockingbird lane
its where the munsters lived
>>
>>46030926

True.

But let's not forget that all vampires are fucked up creatures with zero natural sexual needs.

So basically the mere idea of a Kindred waifu (any clan) is only for people with mental issues.
>>
>>46031204
Huh. I was always more of an Adams Family guy.I just like mixing up cocktails of stimulants.
I sort of have a problem.
>>
>>46031213
>But let's not forget that all vampires are fucked up creatures with zero natural sexual needs.
Eh. That part is easier to handwave away without changing any of the plot.
>>
>>46031237
>Eh. That part is easier to handwave away without changing any of the plot.

Well if you're a Kindred with any traces of Humanity, you can fuck to get some delicious vitae, right?
>>
>>46031213
>But let's not forget that all vampires are fucked up creatures with zero natural sexual needs.
>So basically the mere idea of a Kindred waifu (any clan) is only for people with mental issues.
Would a megalomaniac who keeps one as a pet fall into that category? Ashwood Abbey allows for some fun weird shit.
>>
>>46031225
>Adams Family
You sick bastard, you do know the patriarch of the Adams Family fried mentally unsound people in an electric chair, don't you?
>>
File: anj02.jpg (70 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
anj02.jpg
70 KB, 448x336
>>46031284
At least nobody can claim he had bad taste in women.
>>
>>46031317
I think you're mixing them up, Gomez Addams (Note the extra 'd'.) has great taste in women. Walter Adams, on the other appendage, was the bastard who electrocuted mental patients.
>>
>>46031359
>(Note the extra 'd'.
Well no wonder he had such a hot wife.
>>
>>46031359
>Walter Adams
Nope, ignore this stupidity, it was Dr Phillip Adams who electrocuted people, not Walter Adams
>>
>>46031385

This pun, mang...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA
>>
Okay, guys. Here's the deal.
I've found some people interested in playing, although they are all new to the roleplay scene. In your opinion, is nWoD (or Classic WoD. Or 20years WoD, whatever.) a good entry point?
>>
>>46031736

Young people like nWoD / CoD better.

If they're not millenials (no offense), they'll like cWoD better - because of the mood and the depth of the lore.
>>
I'M MR HUNTSMAN LOOK AT ME!
>>
>>46031762

A lot of us old folks prefer the nWoD/CofD.

I've been playing TTPRG's since before the first edition Masquerade. I was a fan of the classic WOD for many years. However, the 1990's aesthetic was aging badly and the metaplot so ingrained, dense and unwieldy that it deprived PC's of free agency and made introducing new players all but impossible. WW decision to end the classic WOD was wise at the time, and I believe the interest now is little more than fleeting nostalgia.

The nWOD was a welcome attempt to create a wider and more versatile toolbox for horror rpg players. Unfortunately, one of its greatest flaws was trying too hard to maintain elements of continuity with the classic WOD rather than find its own footing, largely for marketing purposes. The new CofD / second editions mostly fixes these problem, and have thus far been excellent.

Despite my age, I've long retired my trench coat, katana and mirrorshades, and fully embraced the CofD.
>>
>>46031736
Defintely.

My Changeling the Lost chronicle I ran (Venice Unmasked), was played by 2 people who had no prior rpg experience, and 2 new to NWoD, and my wife who had played previously VtR.

I would actually say the only people into cWoD lots are those trying to recapture their formative years.
>>
>>46031981
hey can you give me the link to your nwod podcast thing?
>>
Hey guys, I'm looking for an old WoD greentext, it was about some vampire that turned and then immediately thought he was a superhero and gained heroic powers.
>>
Fucking raging werewolves burst through my apartment, one trying to murder me the other trying to keep me alive as well as another mage. Now I'm their lawyer, and need to spring them out of jail on a kidnapping charge.
>>
>>46032964
Sounds like a story.
>>
File: you're going to die.gif (497 KB, 500x222) Image search: [Google]
you're going to die.gif
497 KB, 500x222
>>46032964
It's fun playing the thugs of the supernatural world.
>>
I've been CO fused about something, can Vampires in Requiem stay up during the day? I've seen brief mentions of it, but nothing definite.
>>
File: Lethargic Condition.png (107 KB, 518x326) Image search: [Google]
Lethargic Condition.png
107 KB, 518x326
>>46033078
Once the sun rises, the vampire’s soul drags her toward
slumber. This isn’t a certain thing, but difficult to resist.
Unless she’s at risk of facing the sun, she sleeps. To resist
sleep, make a Stamina + Resolve roll. If successful, the
vampire remains alert and active, but she gains the Lethargic
Condition (see p. 305). With an exceptional success, she
does not gain the Condition.
>>
>>46033126
Thank ya much, that clears everything up
>>
>>46033078
>>46033126
How hard is it for a vampire to wake during the day?
>>
>>46033184
Any time Kindred sleep, they stay asleep. Waking is difficult
at best. Only direct threats like fire, sunlight, or a collapsing
building will wake a vampire. The act of waking is hard, fast,
and disconcerting. The blood snaps her to brief consciousness,
and allows her to take immediate actions to defend herself.
The dead heart shoves Vitae through the body once, hard.
When something disturbs the vampire’s slumber or puts
her at risk, make a Humanity roll. Success allows her to
remain awake for a number of turns equal to her Humanity.
Failure means she remains asleep. Once those turns are over,
she falls back to sleep without an additional Humanity roll.
Once she’s exceeded 5 + her Blood Potency successes during
her waking turns, she can remain awake indefinitely, as if
she never went to sleep in the first place.
>>
>>46033215
>Once she’s exceeded 5 + her Blood Potency successes during
> her waking turns, she can remain awake indefinitely, as if
> she never went to sleep in the first place.

How does this work? 5+BP successes on any roll, or what?
>>
>>46033237
Humanity Roll
You need 5 + BP successes.
>>
>>46033237
>>46033245
Based on my reading you make a Humanity roll every turn you're awake (i.e. a number of rolls equal to your Humanity rating), and if you accumulate BP+5 successes across those rolls you can stay up.
>>
>>46033358
yes
>>
>>46033358
But if you ever fail one of them you fall asleep?
>>
>>46033655
Making the first roll guarantees that you stay up for [Humanity] turns, according to the text there. If you haven't accumulated 5+BP successes by then, you fall asleep.

Failing the first roll means you don't wake up in the first place.
>>
>>46033054
So, my character is a paralegal working for ADA Dent. There was a ball the night prior in which another mage was hired to 'persuade' the district attorneys to give preferential treatment to the mafia. He breaks my car, threatens me yada yada after the ball, with my date waiting outside.

Cue nightmare monsters, coming to eat us courtesy of Pentex. Werewolves come in, save the day and briefly describe how much we're screwed. Time skips to the next day...my date for the ball had called a cab, left a nasty voicemail and deleted my number after I 'ditched' her. Ouch. So much for office romances, right?

The next day, the weres and the other mage were looking for a particular woman working for Pentex. They find out she's essentially experimenting on her kids and the alpha were rages, wanting to kill her. Our sane wolf grabs the two humans and bolts for it, wanting to interrogate her. I'd been out of the scene and the ST said it'd work to get me in. All of them burst through my apartment (Sanctum) yakety sax style.

So we're all running for it until they calm down, and I toss my remote at him for one point of damage. At this point, my apartment deposit is void anyway so fuck it.
>>
>>46033750
They eventually calm down, and the police are coming. I'm a paralegal, so...might as well represent them, right? Wrong. Now I'm an accessory to the 'kidnapping', and my remote is gone. I've missed both 'Who's The Boss' and 'Charles in Charge', and I'm in lockup with these chucklefucks. Working on improving Matter so maybe, just maybe, I can fix the apartment for my landlady.
>>
>>46020937
I hear functioning schizophrenic and social Malk, first image is a guy practicing gestures and conversations for hours, fixating on people's specific word choices and dress decisions and what they're really trying to communicate. I think what I'd most want out of a character like that is the moment after acting on an ally's secret symbolic message when I tell them we're accomplices now.
>>
>>46034808
That's not Schizophrenia, that's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
>>
>>46035126
It could also be paranoid schizophrenia, if the character is certain everyone speaks in code.
>>
>>46029655
Aw man what?
Not even just to the moon?
Hecking ridiculous
>>
>>46029655
>I believe Dave has stated before that you can't use Space Magic to travel beyond the earth's bounds except through Archmastery.
That was true in 1e.

Who knows about 2e, though.

I think you can technically go to real-Mars by finding Astral Mars and then casting sympathetically, for example.

You'll then die if you don't have a suite of other spells to sustain your life while on another planet, though.
>>
>>46036208
Why in God-Machine's name would they want to the moon. Mages know what the fuck is waiting up there.
>>
>>46036208
the supernal isn't so strong outside of earth
>>46036259
astral mars is an ocean of the abyss
>>
>>46036312
>astral mars is an ocean of the abyss
What?

No it isn't.

Read Astral Realms, it's got a full writeup there.
>>
>>46036259

How would Astral Mars create any sympathy to travel to real Mars?

I also don't recall Dave ever mentioning any limitations on traveling beyond earth with Space, particularly with the revised Arcana for 2e.
>>
>>46036337
>Read Astral Realms

Exercise caution, this book is a gateway drug to liking Beast
>>
>>46036363
Well Chris said that Luna's influence comes from the physical moon, so presumably the two are sympathetically connected
>>
>>46036289
Oh yeah like THAT'S ever stopped a mage before
>>
>>46036400

What does that have to do with Anon's claim of sympathy between an astral location and a real world location?
>>
>>46036371
>Exercise caution, this book is a gateway drug to liking Beast
What?

Just because Beast includes a mechanic that technically involves the Temenos doesn't mean reading it will make you like Beast.

Hell, I recently reread Astral Realms and it made me like Beast even LESS.
>>
>>46036363
>How would Astral Mars create any sympathy to travel to real Mars?
Going to the Astral representation of a place gives you sympathy for the real version of said place.
>>
>>46036371
>>46036466

At most, Beast would have been an interesting section in an Astral Realms 2e.
>>
>>46036465
Beast's Chambers confirm certain circumstances create that connection.
>>
>>46036520
>beast
>anything interesting
can only choose one
>>
>>46036466
>>46036520
Beast is just a cooky mage Splat. Once I got that, I liked it a lot more.

maybe it's just me.
>>
>>46036495
>Going to the Astral representation of a place gives you sympathy for the real version of said place.

Where did you read that? Is that actually stated in Astral Realms?

>>46036289
>>46036426

Some mages travel beyond earth, at least in the Shadow, according to the Legacies entry for the Thrice Great.
>>
>>46036465
>What does that have to do with Anon's claim of sympathy between an astral location and a real world location?
It literally says so in Astral Realms.

I'm not going to hunt it down right now because Astral Realms is a sizable book and I don't remember where in the book it says that, but I do remember it saying that.
>>
>>46036552
Beast has no bearing on Mage just like Mage has no bearing on Beast.
>>
>>46036600
As foreigners to Astral Space, astral travelers retain
the sympathies they have in real life — but only to
other real-life objects. A Beijing mage has a Known or
Intimate connection with the city, but has no sympathy
with an astral representation of Beijing.
>>
>>46036602
If it were any other game, that might matter. Beast, however, is built as an explicit crossover game.
>>
>>46036649
A mage in Astral Space cannot scry or transport
himself into the real world. “Portal” and similar spells
only function within the character’s current realm.
Travel to another realm must be done the standard
way (see Chapter Two), and travel in and out of Astral
Space comes only from meditation.
>>
>>46036649
Elsewhere it specifically says that being IN Astral Beijing gives you sympathy to real Beijing.

That just says that being FROM real Beijing doesn't automatically give you a connection to Astral Beijing.

Those are two different things.
>>
>>46036600

I don't recall reading about sympathetic links between astral and real world locations in Astral Realms.

I would love to be proven wrong if you could find the citation.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.