[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/40krpg/ General Part ???: [AROUSED SNICKERING] Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1446081273834.jpg (9 KB, 345x146) Image search: [Google]
1446081273834.jpg
9 KB, 345x146
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

Book Repositories (mega is more comprehensive and up to date)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
Shield of Humanity PDF
https://mega.nz/#!xlRWBaiI!MmOEkMse0wHVsyLDGbZJVGUXgVEuB9lWSyVl6ZhvgGM

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armour and NPCs/adverseries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v5.43.150418), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Not updated with any DH2 content.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.6.0), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kpl4pvkdiidvg6n/Fear_and_Loathing.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zfoc5jo7s7vrb5/The_Fringe_is_Yours.pdf

>Previous Thread
>>45914339

As a note, the BC hating asshole who put together the big MEGA link is back from wallowing in his NEETness, so if you have any .pdfs you want added, link me to them.
>>
As a GM what are dos and don'ts in regards to hordes?

As a player, what are dos and don'ts in regards to hordes?
>>
>>46006457
>As a GM what are dos and don'ts in regards to hordes?
Don't
>As a player, what are dos and don'ts in regards to hordes?
Run
>>
File: 1340432515517.jpg (7 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1340432515517.jpg
7 KB, 229x220
>>46006457
I assume you're playing deathwatch.

Do
>Keep track on horde magnitude and remember to roll for breaking
>Remember horde traits - some hordes frenzy instead of breaking
>Supplements have advanced horde traits and commands, allowing hordes to merge, split and regroup after successfull Command test - this will motivate your players to single out lieutenants and actually create memorable opponents instead of amorphous mass of guns
>Remember number of attacks hordes have
>Remember bonus damage dependant on magnitude hordes inflict
>Remember horde attacks cannot be dodged or parried, likewise horde cannot dodge or parry

Don't
>Think flat increase of horde magnitude will give greater challenge - if anything, it will wipe out player in a single hit, which is both unrewarding and unheroic way to go. Try throwing several smaller hordes on them, which will require teamwork and coordination in order not to be overrun
>Use same enemy for several hordes in the encounter if you can avoid it - different tiers of enemies will make enemy more believable and will require target prioritisation
>Forget about including single enemies. A team of three snipers supporting enemy horde can really change the encounter from shoot'em'up arcade into a tactical challenge
>Be afraid to include vehicles: a platoon of guardsmen is more likely than not be supported by one or two chimeras with flame throwers and multilasers, allowing enemies to manoeuvre players into killzones and ambushes
>Make the hordes stand in the field and keep shooting until they're dead. Have one charge and close into melee, while other throws grenade, another suppresses and third outflanks your players.

And always remember horde is not a blob with attacks - it is an enemy, which depending on their background will behave and react differently, employ tactics, strategy and cunning.
>>
>>46007051
Explain.
>>
>>46008611
Say "please".
>>
>>46008708
Fuck would I? Either you answer or you don't, dickless wonder.
>>
File: 1308134469207.jpg (29 KB, 396x500) Image search: [Google]
1308134469207.jpg
29 KB, 396x500
>>46008819
>>
>>46006429
R8 my home brewed roles for DH2:

Brute Offence, Strenght, toughness, weapon skill, feildcraft
Sound Con (2)/ Takedown
Spend a fate for UNS (2) or UNT(2) for 1 turn

Infiltrator Aglity, Feildcraft, Perception, Tech,int
Quick draw/Keen intuition
when wearing armour with a total weight of 5kg or less, gain +10 stelth and slight of hand

Shaman WP, Per, Int, Knowlage, Feildcraft
Resistance (psy powers)/Jaded
May buy psynessience and counts as having 2 apps for it. When rolling for cor/ins may re-roll the dice. Second result stands

Explorer Fellowship,Agility, WP, Fieldcraft, WS/BS
Peer(pick one)/Resistance (pick one)
May spend Fate to succeed at navigate and Survival with Perc Bonus DoS.
>>
File: Hfy_imp.png (237 KB, 790x1700) Image search: [Google]
Hfy_imp.png
237 KB, 790x1700
bump
>>
>>46009357
The brute offense needs to be reworked, outside it's Role bonus ability, it's pretty garbage. Sound Con 2 is not the equal of something like Jaded (which some characters may never qualify for), Peer, or Keen Intuitition.
Why doesn't the Infiltrator have finesse??
>>
>not run rogue trader for 3 years
>players want to start up again
>find characters and 10+ notebooks of game notes
>realize their will never be a rank 9+ book

Well, it was nice to die a little inside this morning.
>>
>>46009433
how many cons would be needed for it to be equal?like the brute as basically a bouncer/body guard type, so more wounds seemed appropriate

I toyed with giving the the infiltrator finesses, but could think of which other one to drop. Tech and int cover security and using fansy tech shit, with stealth, awearness and driving covered by FC, agi and perception
>>
>>46009533
I mean the obvious solution is to use DH2, and ignore ranks. you can have all the fun, so long as you are willing to do some home brew tweaks
>>
>>46009550
I am a firm believe in Choose X or X when it comes to role talents.
Something like the Bodyguard talent in Enemies Beyond, Combat Master. I do like Taekdown, tho, that is real fucking handy.
>>
Anyone tried home brewing an Eldar campaign?
>>
>>46010036
It is an X or Y situation. Take down (for the more bodyguard like stuff) or more wounds (for the i'm the party tank stuff). Its just a case of HOW many more wounds is balanced
>>
I want to make my group fight against a group of chaos marines to teach them how to use tactics. My chaos assault marine (raptor) will jump on top of their devastator. My normal chaos marines will be using suppressing fire on their assault marine, and protecting my devastator (havoc) from them.

How do I make sure I don't straight up kill them? I want this to be a challenging fight so that they learn how to work as a team, but facing a well-coordinated version of their squad may be too strong for them. Should I give the chaos guys way lower stats?
>>
>>46010759
This is in DW btw.
>>
>>46010759
>How do I make sure I don't straight up kill them?
Look, anon, a squad of equally armed and built characters versus another?
The one that exercises tactics will win, hand over fist. You can't TEACH them tactics, they need to bring it to the table.
What you need to do is force a prolonged, long distance engagement.
Force the devastator to fire wisely, give his team covering fire so they can close the gap, use smoke/blind grenades to give themselves room to breath.
You could also go full Iron Cage, where the entire thing is loaded with traps not to kill them quickly, but bleed them dry of ammo. When bad shit happens, the cream rises.
>>46010625
As someone who has played 2 CC characters in DH2e, if you don't have at least 13 wounds at chargen, 14 preferably, you are in trouble. 12 and less means you are literally 2 bolt rounds away from burning fate.
Since Sound Con is limited to T bonus, I'd make it (3). It makes it the equal of a tier 2 talent with the appropriate aptitudes, and is an actual force multiplier rather than an incident choice.
Also, the Role bonus? Increase it, to something like Willpower bonus. It makes a raging bastard who fights with sheer guts and the EMPRAH attractive. I'd play a dude like that.
>>
Roll stats or point buy?
>>
Is 40k GoT levels of grim dark that my cute virginal acolyte will get raped?
>>
>>46011291
Probably not, no promises, but she will have her skull and spine ripped out of her torso if you're not careful.
>>
>>46011245
I prefer point-buy, because I usually have abysmal luck with rolled stats and it sucks seeing everyone be better than you with no way for you to make up for it.

>>46011291
More likely to get dead than raped desu, though I guess a lot of that depends on what kind of game a GM would run for you.
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (422 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
422 KB, 640x480
>>46011036
Huh, i like all those suggestions. thanks for the feed back!
>>
>>46008819
The other guy gave an infinitely more worthwhile and useful answer anyway.
>>
>DH2, First mission
>Fellow acolyte unwittingly picks up a Daemon weapon
>Gets possessed and the daemon murders 3/4 of the party in a fight against the rest of the party before going down himself.

Good times were had.
>>
File: 1287692229240.jpg (79 KB, 469x594) Image search: [Google]
1287692229240.jpg
79 KB, 469x594
OP here.

Well, its done. And I was right I don't much feel like talking shop.

But I feel even less like dwelling on it, so I'm here for awhile.

>>46011245
In the past, I've let my players vote on it, which ever wins, everyone uses.

>>46011291
Depends on the GM. In DH, both editions, not unless you fuck up HARD. Rogue Trader, same, but it might not be at the hands of a heretic, just a feral worlder. Deathwatch, No, Chaos/Dark Eldar tends to do nasty shit to your geneseed while you're still alive if they want to break you. Only War, same as DH, but with more sacking added. Black Crusade, yeah, probably, but there's a 1/4 chance you'll be either doing the raping, or enjoying it.
>>46010209
Please, don't remind me of Eldarboo
>>
>>46011342
This. Take a long look at the crit tables. Run out of HP and one or more of these will end up stacked on your waifu.
>>
>>46013595
And then remember most GMs use them as a guideline, and will come up with their own ways to describe the horrible, horrible ways your waifu will be disfigured, crippled, and eventually killed.
>>
File: l6HrdAS.jpg (96 KB, 625x429) Image search: [Google]
l6HrdAS.jpg
96 KB, 625x429
>>46013665
>TFW I'm fond of throwing alchem, phosphex, rad and other such weapons the Imperium think are horrifying at my players
>>
>>46013865
CHEEKI BREEKI CYKA BLYAD. Go to bed already, tin tyrant.
>>
>>46013665
Honestly, IMO, the main problem with the crit tables is that it's shockingly hard to lose a limb or extremity in any way that doesn't also leave you burning Fate. I'd prefer it to be slightly easier to end up as a budget Darth Vader through losing bits one or two at a time without also burning valuable Fate Points. And because it gives me an excuse to force them to use poor quality cybernetics.
>>
What happens if you get an aptitude twice because of regiment+class in OW? Extra exp?
>>
>>46014586
You get a Characteristic (Str, Agi, Wis, etc. but no Fieldcrafts or Finesse) aptitude of your choice instead of the double.
>>
Most difficult choice you had to make IC?
>>
>>46015478
Whether or not to join forces with a dragon, who was the great-great-grandson of the dragon that had previously nearly ended the world.
>>
>>46015655
And I am a dumb and thought I was in another thread! Disregard, I suck cocks.
>>
>>46012706
That makes me wonder how the imperium and chaos alike handle transporting daemon weapons.
>>
So, didn't really get an answer last thread.

I'm thinking of adding music into my campaigns for more than just the BIG fights. Like background stuff in bars, choral if their in a cathedral, shit like that. Any one else use music regularly in their campaigns? Any suggestions?
>>
>>46016350
When picking music, remember background and ambient, not a music your players are actually going to listen to over what you're saying/typing.
>>
>>46016350
>background stuff in bars
You can't go wrong with the classics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ukis3Bwz_k
>>
>>46016350
The Skullgirls soundtrack has that jazzy bar feel.
>>
My first 40k rpg campaign started this month and it's been going amazing. And by "amazing" I mean I'm the one playing the psyker and managed roll phenomena twice in a row, killing dozens of our allies. I'm loving every second.
>>
I know that daemon weapons have some form of communication with whoever wields them, but are there any that can outright talk?
>>
>>46018333
Speaking of which, can servitors pick up and transport daemons weapons due to the machine trait or do they still have to make daemonic mastery tests?
>>
File: 1425834407550.jpg (42 KB, 490x548) Image search: [Google]
1425834407550.jpg
42 KB, 490x548
>>46018035
I feel happy knowing that none of my players chose to play psyker..
>>
>>46018521

Tech Scorn to 27 meters in the middle of a brawl between an IG Company and a horde of Slugga Boyz, fun times. I immediately decided to spend the xp of that session and the next on getting Objurum Mechanicum
>>
File: 1374626290209.jpg (81 KB, 800x422) Image search: [Google]
1374626290209.jpg
81 KB, 800x422
>>46018598
If the Emprah had not intended you to fight His enemies in close quarters he would not have seen fit to put bayonets on your lasguns
>>
>>46018450
Jesus Christ, just put in a box and use a really big set of tongs to grasp it. This isn't that complicated.
>>
How do your NPC's work, /tg/? Do you do fancy faux-Roman Imperial names? How often do you face superiors who are blatant expies of pop culture?

Our group had a melancholic Jeb Bush for a commissar.
>>
>>46018887
I just use whatever.
It's a pretty big Imperium.
>>
>>46018887

Another player in the same group here.

What my colleague forgot to mention was that Jeb! led several squadrons to complete destruction while he cowered behind the lines, was ordered to be executed by high command, and met his end being brutally disemboweled by the fist of our Ogryn player after huddling in his Sentinel during a raid on an Ork camp.
>>
>>46018887
Since I just started GMing (total of around 3 sessions) I mostly just use the name generator.
>>
>>46018887
I give them all dumb, Latin-derived names (usually bad puns), but usually the players just end up giving them dumb nicknames, and they're never referred to as anything else.
>>
Is it just me or is the Leadership aptitude pretty useless in DH2? It affects 1 skill and 3 talents in the core book
>>
>>46019556
No, it isn't just you.
The aptitudes are severely unbalanced in terms of their breadth, which is my primary objection to the system.

Finesse being the best, and Leadership possibly being the worst.
>>
>>46019556
No, you're totally right. Best non-characteristic aptitudes are probably Fieldcraft and Finesse.
>>
>>46019556
>>46019591
Honestly, I just house rule extra, situational bonuses for the crappier ones. Like +10 if a PC is trying to gain control of a mob of angry priests, or something similar. Not enough to make anyone want the aptitude, but enough to make its level of suck not hurt so bad for those players stuck with it.
>>
>>46019666
Should also mention that's a Leadership example.

Also "angry priests" and I got THOSE trips? Its almost like I planned that.
>>
>>46019666
This actually sounds pretty good. I, personally, have developed a more expanded list of talents and skills in terms of aptitudes, often giving a choice between two to use when buying any advance and one fixed one. This way the lesser aptitudes can be artificially given a great deal more power.
>>
>>46018887

Every inquisitor we've met has been named after a rapper. Every squat we've met is named Urist Mc- and then their job title. Most common people are just regular first names with -us appended to the end, like Bobbus and Stevus, and that's if they even have names in the first place. At least it helps identify who's important and worth paying attention to.
>>
>>46006429
Which books deal with psykers and psychic ratings?
>>
>>46020306
In what way, for what game?

Mostly Psychic powers are dealt with in the core book for each game line.
Each additional book might only give a few new powers or a new psycic discipline.
>>
Got some homebrew traits for your consideration. Didn't get any opinions last time, figured I'd try again.

Armour of Contempt - add to General Space Marine advances, rank 2, 200XP (taken from DH1e Core, where it costs 100 XP to assorted mid-high rank thinky careers)
Prerequisites: Willpower 40.
You drape yourself in the armour of scorn and hatred. Whenever you would gain Corruption Points, reduce the amount you would earn by 1. In addition, you may Test Willpower as a Free Action to ignore the effects of your accumulated Corruption for one Round.

Shield of Disgust - add to General Space Marine advances, rank 4, 800 XP (custom)
Prerequisites: Armour of Contempt
You gird yourself with scorn for the unclean. When calculating damage taken from an attack by an enemy you have Hatred for, add your Willpower Bonus to your Toughness Bonus.

Sword of Hatred - add to General Space Marine advances, rank 6, 1200 XP (custom)
Prerequisites: Armour of Contempt
The wrath of the righteous fills your soul as you lay waste to the Emperor's enemies. When rolling damage against an enemy you have Hatred for with a Flame or Melee weapon, add 1d10 to damage
>>
>>46020706
Armour of Contempt is meh. If you don't know why, read the rules for Corruption Points in Deathwatch.

Shield of Disgust is basically another 4-5 soak in certain cases, which I guess could work.

Sword of Hatred is another 1d10 damage, when you're already hitting for a massive amount. I guess it could help when crit fishing, but for a Rank 6 advance costing 1,200 XP? I think it's fine.
>>
>>46020329
Enemies Within added minor powers back, to much rejoicing.
>>
>>46011245
After the night of quadruple 2's and quintuple 20's, we point buy.

Not even weighted dice, just my one of my players always rolling ass and another having been blessed by Tzeentch at birth.
>>
>>46020771
How could they be improved?

Yeah, I know Armour of Contempt is pretty meh for Marines, but this whole thing was spurred on by my autistic need for completion. It bothered the hell out of me that there was an Armour of Contempt talent, but no Shield of Disgust or Sword of Hatred.
>>
>>46011245
>not rolling
It's like you want to play boring characters
>>
Anyone got stories from their games? I'm home sick with the flu and need something to distract myself with.
>>
>>46021514
Give me two hours to get home from work and I can share the fantastic, bulletproof adventures of Ioudas, former child soldier and acolyte extraordinaire.
>>
In DW, is there any reason to go chainsword + boltpistol for melee when you can just go double melee weapons instead?
>>
>>46022540

In my limited Blood Angel Assault Marine experience: No, there is no reason. Still, might be a good idea to have some BS just in case you have to actually fire something.
>>
>>46021514
Sure.

>Deathwatch
>Kill team tasked with retrieving an artefact
>Mission takes place on desert world, the entire planet has nothing on it except for a few ork tribes.
>I'm the squad leader
>I ask command to drop us off at night
>I also ask command to drop us off with 6 hours walk distance from the objective, at a location far away so that when we reach the objective, there is still a few hours of darkness before the sun comes up
>(I want us to scout the objective area and decide if we want to hit at night, or wait a few hours for the sun to come up)
>We land on the planet and begin walking
>At around 4 hours in, we see two ork armies fighting each other
>We decide to stay away and watch
>Around 10 minutes later, one of the armies loses and starts to retreat
>Team decides to move in and finish the victorious army, which is still licking its wounds despite the victory
>We move in and begin firing, we take cover behind a single rocky pillar rising from the ground
>The orks are a large horde, led by a warboss with a powerclaw and 4 bodyguards.
>They are positioned on top of a ledge and decide to jump down to get to us. The warboss makes it, but some of the bodyguards break their legs. We fire at them to finish them off. The main horde slowly climbs down the ledge, sustaining less casualties but taking far longer.
>I activate bolter assault, which also lets us shower the area in grenades. We weaken the remaining bodyguards and finish them off.
>The warboss charges me, figuring out that I'm the leader and taking out the head of the snake will weaken my squad
>I dodge his first attack, he misses another, and one attack hits, taking a lot of health off of me
>I managed to disengage and move away. My squad concentrates fire on the ork and finishes it off.
>Even without their warboss, the greenskin horde (which just finished climbing down) charges us
>I order another round of bolter assault, which allows us to shower them with grenades as well
Shall I continue?
>>
>>46022746
Don't be a dick. Finish your story.
>>
>>46023313
Okay.
>We deal damage with our grenades, but they manage to charge us down and surround us
>With our backs against the rock pillar, we take out our melee weapons and pistols, in an effort to fight off the horde
>Thanks to the grenades and shooting from before, we reduce the horde to a few numbers and then eventually cut them down one by one
>The battle won, we take a moment to recuperate and our apothecary takes care of my wounds while I tell command of what just happened
>Command is pleased that we slew a warboss in our first ever mission (we were all new players) and rewards us with an ammo-pod dropped in our location. In it, we find standard ammo, 1 kraken mag each, and some grenades
>Having taken care of this, we continue to our objective
>Around an hour later, we find an ork outpost.
>We are told that the artefact is not here in this outpost. It is in fact located in a cave just an hours walk away from where we are.
> I brought a demolition pack just for this occasion. It's still night out, and I sneak ahead until I'm 75 meters from the outpost.
>I throw the demolition pack as far in as I can. It lands about 20 meters away from the base
>My plan is to detonate the pack if our squad gets spotted later on, while sneaking into the cave. This will draw the ork army's attention to the outpost, thus allowing us to take care of whatever's inside the cave.
>Once the detonation charge lands where I threw it, I regroup with my team and we walk the last of the 1 hour to reach the cave
>We scour the area with out magnoculars, finding no orks. The entrance to the cave is small, so we form up just outside the cave entrance.
>I bought a servo skull, and I send it into the cave. It has a bonus to concealement tests.
>The servo skull shows me that the cave has 1 room, and a long cooridoor leading into another room. In the second room is one warboss, two bodyguards, and a metallic cube
>I tell the skull to stay put and remain hidden
>We silently enter the cave
>>
File: Eyes on the Outside and Inside.jpg (165 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
Eyes on the Outside and Inside.jpg
165 KB, 900x636
>>46021514

It pains me that I've just been too busy to share normal storytimes like I used to, but satellite command does have its uptimes and downtimes. Regardless, if you're looking for something to kill an evening with, try the Collected Visions for Spess Mareen: Republican Commando, my Deathwatch game. All I have is Cour 1 and 2 for a complete Season 1. The series is still in process, but I hope to have season 2 released as it's completed. Here is the Collected Visions for Season 1, with all the bonus content you'd come to expect.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dxr1rl22aq7k6q7/Spess_Mareen_Republican_Commando_Collected_Visions_%28Cour_1%29.rar

In Cour 1 of Spess Mareen: Republican Commando (Episodes 1-12), the players are a Deathwatch Kill Team sent to the Tiji Sector, to combat the Hellstar, an extradimensional amorphous cyclopean invader the size of a planet that can make even a spess mareen feel fear. Coming to grips with this revelation, the Commandos are forced to gather their strength until they can begin to understand the situation they've found themselves in.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6cv56daobld3que/Spess_Mareen_Republican_Commando_Collected_Visions_%28Cour_2%29.rar

In Cour 2 of Spess Mareen: Republican Commando (Episodes 13-25), the Commandos continue to safeguard the sector while seeking out the relics of their predecessors, and begin to embrace the long-forgotten title of Legionary. Making a pilgrimage to long-forgotten worlds to overcome the curse within their gene-seed, the Commandos finally discover an ancient Dark Age weapon that can take on the Hellstar on equal terms.

I hope you enjoy Season 1. Season 2 will be out before you know it!
>>
>>46023569
>Knowing how strong the warboss we fought earlier was, I realize that this cave is a deathtrap for my squad.
>The tight coordioors make shooting restricted, and melee has an advantage here.
>Despite being an Ultramarine, I decide to employ some weird tactics.
>I tell my team to gather some rocks while searching for a rock big enough to clog half of the corridor ahead of us (half being from bottom to the roof of the corridor)
>With some lucky rolls, we find a rock big enough to do the job. We squeeze it into the corridor, and it forms a waist-high cover.
>My plan is that: If the orks charge out of this corridor, they must get over this waist-high rock that we placed in. This will slow them down, and give us a precious few extra seconds to shoot at them.
>I order my team to spread out within the room we have, and tell them all to overwatch the corridor.
>I yell at the orks, taunting them, to get them to come out and charge at us
>They do
>While they are running down the hallway, our devastator kills one of the bodyguards in a single full auto burst (we weren't using the errata rules back then, so heavy bolters were OP)
>Seeing his bodyguard slain in the first few seconds of combat, the warboss orders his other bodyguard to retreat.
>The two of them retreat back into the room on the other side of the corridor.
>This really frustrates me. The elaborate trap I set up with the rock won't be of any use, since the orks are no longer charging at us through the corridor.
>Begrudgingly, we decide to go into the corridor and take the fight to the orks.
>The hallway is tight. we can only stand in one line.
>Our formation: Storm Warden with a claymore at the front, apothecary behind him, ultramarine tactical (me) behind him, and devastator behind me.
>As soon as we reach the end of the corridor, the warboss jumps the storm warden and rips through his arm with an orkish power-claw
>The stormwarden falls unconscious immediately, forced to burn a fate point.
>>
File: Deathwatch campaign mission 1.jpg (91 KB, 1080x700) Image search: [Google]
Deathwatch campaign mission 1.jpg
91 KB, 1080x700
>>46023758
>Our Dark Angel apothecary is next in line, and if I don't do something, he's going to die too.
>Once again, despite being an Ultramarine, I decide to do some crazy shit that would not be accepted in the codex
>I order the apothecary to lie down, and I lie down too
>With both of us prone, the devastator behind us (another dark angel) has a clear line of fire to the warboss
>The three of us take turns firing at the warboss, and are able to blow it up with our bolter rounds
>The warboss explodes, taking so much damage that he paints the entire hallway in blood.
>We make agility checks to turn our heads away so our visors don't get covered in blood. The apothecary and I make it, but the Devastator fails. He has a minus to hitting things now.

Pic related. Our GM drew this for us as a joke after we finished the mission.
>>
>>46023882
>The only thing between us and the metallic cube (which I believe to be the artefact at this point) is the lone ork bodyguard
>We just lost a battle brother to the warboss, so I don't want to take any more chances. Our team decides to stay put and chuck grenades.
>It's not working. Our devastator says we should rush in with a squad ability and kill him.
>I think about it, but agree
>With bolter assault (once again) our squad, or what's left of it, charge forward into the room and fire at the ork in unison
>Since we're close enough, we call get a bonus on our hits and kill him with the turns we have after our bolter assault
>Now that all the orks are dead, our apothecary begins patching up the storm-warden and I approach the cube.
>Before interacting with the cube, I wisely wait for the apothecary to stabilize the storm warden. Once he's done, and all of our weapons are loaded, I pick up the cube.
>As soon as I do, the cave begins to shake.
>>
>>46023945
>A warp portal opens, and a fuckhuge demon and two smaller demons come out. The demon is too large for the room of the cave, so my squad runs out. I offer a shoulder to our StormWarden, who throws his remaining arm around me and we get out of the cave.
>I radio command and tell them what just happened. They tell me that an escape dropship is on the way, around 300 metres from our position.
>We get out of the cave and begin running. Behind us, the demon cleaves itself out of the cave's walls and breaks free.
The session ends here.

Next session:
>Two new space marines get deepstriked to our location to aid us (two new players joined in during this session)
>One is a black templar techmarine, the other is a space wolf assault marine
>We all run to the landing zone for extraction, hoping the daemon doesn't see us as the sun is slowly coming up
>The demon spots us after a few turns, and we realize that we have to fight it if we want to survive (there's no way for us to outrun it to the landing zone of our extraction).
>I order the squad to spread out, since the big daemon and the smaller two daemons are only armed with melee weapons
>Our devastator gets hit first, and he is knocked unconscious immediately. He burns a fate point to live.
>I drop the storm warden on the ground and fire with my bolter
>It really seems like we're not going to make it. I'm watching as my squad is desperately trying to hold on against the three daemons.
>Then the box whispers to me:
>"Bring me closer!"
>>
>>46024055
>I realize that we're all boned anyway, so I decide to trust the box
>As stupid as it sounds, I (as a level 1 tactical marine) charge a fuckhuge daemon because a magic cube told me to
>When I get in range, the cube takes control of my body to cast some powerful psyker magic
>It casts an Ultramarine spell, which specifically is good against daemons.
>The two smaller Daemons are banished to the warp, while the bigger one is stunned.
>My team fires at it, taking advantage of the extra round the stun gave us.
>As the Daemon regains its composure, the box possesses my body again and uses another spell, but this time it triggers Perils of the Warp
>As a result, everyone is lifted into the air and slammed down
>While we are in the air, the fuckhuge Daemon hit's my head with its sword
>My helmet splits, and my nose gets broken off, but I somehow live even without burning a fate point. Although I'm really close to needing to
>Everyone is slammed into the ground. I'm so close to dying that I can barely move at this point.
>My Space Wolf Assault Marine teammate courageously jumps on top of the daemon's face, hacking away at him and making it harder for him to get up.
>The rest of my team gets up and shoots at him.
>The assault marine's efforts buy enough time for me to get up, and I unleash my bolter too
>Finally, after what seemed like forever, the daemon blows up with my bolter shots
>The extraction craft arrives on the scene just as it does, and they are greeted with a group of blood-drenched kill team, led by an Ultramarine without a nose holding a whispering box
>We get on the dropship, haul our unconscious brothers in, and fly back to command

We had carried the Storm Warden's arm, so they stitched it back on. My nose got replaced with facial reconstruction. And the box was taken in by the Inquisition, revealed to be an ancient Librarian of the Ultramarines. They concluded that he was loyal to the Emperor. We get to take the box with us again in the future.
>>
>>46018887
Commissar Jeb has his greatcoat pockets full of little grox figurines which he hands out to the soldiers saying "slow and steady wins the crusade"
>>
So I've been thinking of cracking open my old rogue trader book again after like 2 years of other stuff. Now before I put too much thought into this, how bad of an idea would it be to open up all the character options from official (dark eldar, ork, ect) and even a great deal of non official (different abhumans, xenos not covered by official stuff ) and then put them all under the command a radical inquisitor who doesn't care about hating xenos, but hates chaos three times as much to make up for it. He'd probably give them vague direction, no micro - managing or anything. I do this as what killed our last game was the PCS not knowing what to do next.

Balance wise is this bad? And more importantly, does this sound fun?
>>
>>46024320
And that's all for the first mission.

In our current (second mission) we're currently in a jungle world fighting a group of eldar. I took the box with us, but told it to use weaker spells so as not to trigger Perils of the Warp again. So far we haven't used the Box at all, but he's basically a part of the kill team now (even though he refuses to tell us his name).
>>
>>46024407
Letting xenos in is a surefire way to ruin your game
Abhumans are infinitely better if you want to get your snowflakes on, but you're still in for a bad time
>>
File: screenshot.12.jpg (370 KB, 1678x639) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.12.jpg
370 KB, 1678x639
>>46024614
Never forget Eldarboo
>>
>>46024614
I mean, I expect a unholy mess. I doubt they'll be going near civilized space any time. But is there any totally game breaking issues with it?
>>
File: screenshot.13.jpg (288 KB, 924x606) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.13.jpg
288 KB, 924x606
>>46024729
>>
File: screenshot.14.jpg (308 KB, 827x605) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.14.jpg
308 KB, 827x605
>>46024752
And yes, this is one of the most cringe inducing things I've seen come up in these threads.
>>
>>46024734
Unkillable Orks, Unhittable Eldar, useless tau, and a bolt through the back of everyone's heads when the inquisition finds out you're not only consorting with xenos but multiple from different races
Not to mention that the other races hate each other too, humanity may have perfected race-war hate, but the other races aren't far behind
Additionally leave the Inquisition in Dark Heresy, at this point you're not running rogue trader
>>
>>46024809
If I ever do it, I'll tell you all about it.

I'm going to give it a more critical look over though, it definitely isn't a good idea

>Unkillable Orks, Unhittable Eldar, useless tau, and a bolt through the back of everyone's heads when the inquisition finds out
A perfect box quote
>>
>>46015478
Save a super bro npc who literally saved my ass from being murderfucked by a chaos spawn from bleeding out, or pursuing the heretic cult leader who summoned.
I helped my bro.
I have no regrets.
>>
>>46024934
If there's ever RT 2E, this needs to be the tagline on the back cover.
>>
Black Crusade idol songstress of Slaneesh. She has ability to spread Slaneesh love with her songs. I However she needs to be a virgin to have this blessing. It is your task to smuggle her into imperium worlds to corrupt them with her song and protect her purity from anyone even fellow devotees of chaos
>>
>>46026599
MAGICAL
>>
>>46026709
Slaneesh is literally magical realm so why hold back? This is pretty tame in comparison.
>>
>>46024355
gaunts actually. Our Regiment had Hatred(Nids), I slapped them out of his hand.
>>
Advice then?
What DH2e tier 1-2 talents do you all feel is best for a sneaky cc character?
>>
OP here.

I didn't want to bring this up, but I'm at my wits end.

I've had to move a lot in my life, and where I am now, one of the Atlantic Provinces of Canada, doesn't have a FLGS. There is, instead, a local game group in the town I live in.

I haven't gotten to play ANY 40k RPG in a few years, because APPARENTLY, no one in the local group, of about 100 people, is willing to try RPG systems others than D&D and occasionally Pathfinder. The few times I've had people express even a bit of interest, that interest seems to mysteriously disappear a few days later. I've even offered that people take my core rulebook home with them after weekly meetups so they can check it out, and no one even considers it.

I'm tempted to just say "Deuces, assholes" but I've burned so many bridges back in high school, that might be the last straw for me just being straight up ostracized in this pisshole town I'm stuck in.

I don't know if I'm presenting it wrong, or if there really is THAT much antipathy for 40k where I live, or if its the remnants of my actions in high school, and people who just won't let go.

So, how do you guys convince your groups that are hesitant to try new systems to give it a go, even for one session?
>>
>>46027378
Honestly, you can't do shit about them.
Hell, I don't understand that kind of mindset.
I once tried 10 new systems within a year, all with different mechanics, because I find sticking to the same thing entirely puerile.
At this point, I'd start turning to the internet. Offer to run 40k rpgs on say, roll20, filter out the fucks, and you will have a decent gam to go.
>>
>>46027443
A few months ago, I'd have shot this down.

But, I switched to an ISP that isn't bending my family over a reaming us once a month, so I'm probably gonna get around to using Roll20.

Woulda been nice to get into VoT's campaign, pulling that Metallican gunslinger Scum out of the recesses of my brain was a great reason to dive through the 1st edition books again.

On the other hand, the first streamed game was today. And I didn't feel like doing a whole lot today after the trip to the vet.
>>
whatever happened to that fellow who was compiling dh2e chargen options?
>>
Enemies Beyond PDF out yet?
>>
>>46027852
I'm right here. Didn't get a chance to do anything with the PDFs I have yet though. Also, I just jumped over to this thread, been busy.
>>46027893
It's been out for a while, someone posted a link a few threads back... Yep, thread's still in the archive.
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/t1wj8mGi/file.html
>>
File: 1245164663633.png (29 KB, 239x237) Image search: [Google]
1245164663633.png
29 KB, 239x237
>>46021514

I'll repost a story shared earlier

>Kill-Team is deployed to eliminate a renegade marine on a desolate desert world
>4 vs 1, sounds easy enough, right?
>At some point, they encounter a tribe of local nomads who use subterran extradimensional tunnels left behind by the long-gone Necrons to travel around safely
>The nomads seem to venerate the Emperor and agree to guide the Kill-Team to ancient hive city ruins, where presumably their target is located
>After an entire day of journey, the nomads set up a camp in a large cavern and tuck in for the night
>In the meantime, one nomad amost kills himself attempting to joyride Librarian's bike and one middle-aged guy kept pestering the Kill-Team, trying to buy their camo-cloaks and offering his wives in the exchange
>Eventually, the nomads falls asleep
>The middle-aged guy is sound asleep in his sleeping bag a bit further away from the main camp
>Brother Arkio decides it would be a good time to slake his Red Thrist and and feed on the delicious fresh blood
>Creeps in to the middle-aged guy
>After a moment of hesitation, readies his knife
>Pierces the man's bare foot
>Camp is awaken by a shriek of pain and terror

>Thinking they are under attack, the camp is put on alert, everybody grabs their weapons, lights are hastily lit to illuminate the area and both the nomads the marines converge on the source of the scream

>They see Brother Arkio frozen in place, bloodied knife in his hand, starting around akwardly and the middle-aged man, clutching his bleeding foot, pointing finger at the marine and screaming something unintelligible in a local dialect of low gothic
>Group's face

>Brother Arkio looks around and awkwardly begins explaining himself:
>"Well, you see, Blood Angels and their successors suffer from a malaise known as the Red.."
>>
Alright techpriests, hereteks, and various other gadgeteers, I have a challenge.

Make pic related more like a legit Star Wars lightsaber. I will most likely be using this project in DH2e, though feel free to take from anything that could apply. Everything will be run by the GM when the time is right.

Replace the plasma pack with a more mobile power source. I'd imagine it'd be difficult to do certain things while your energy sword is attached to a cord which is attached to your waist.

Provide a denser energy source. If this sword is still using plasma batteries it would need constant reloading without being attached to a large pack. It would be nice to be able to use it for more than one round at a time, even better to be able to use it for an entire fight before the battery dies.

Maybe reduce the amount of sound it produces, still with the light and some loud enough sound though so no stealthy while it's on, just would be nice not to have your ears after lengthy use.

I could use suggestions for these and anything else relating to this topic, assuming a particular future character design gets his hands on one of those I will be having him spend most of his downtime improving and/or repairing it.
>>
>>46028760
Make it an integrated weapon
>>
>>46028760
The Eisenhorn series, the titular hero had an pure energy blade made for him by an admech fabricator general.
It was, for all intents and purposes, a power sword, however.
A jokaero weapon, maybe, even though good luck with that.
Could have it work something like the Luminen talents? Test to project a blade of energy from the hands, or power a grip for y stat/x rounds?
>>
>>46028969
Many Archeotech Power Swords have no blade, relying a self-sustained field of energy.

There are 2 canon examples of them in Rogue Trader, including the personal blade of Aspyce Chorda, and loot from a lost ship holding an Archeotech Bounty.
>>
>>46028760

For something that doesn't add strength, that's not a fantastic statline.
>>
>>46029013
Well, if that's the case, boom.
However, we don't know if the poster is playing RT. If he is playing DH as the pic suggests, then the GM has the right to shoot down the admittedly higher end gear options from other lines.
>>
>>46029053
It's supposed to be a joke weapon, a lightsaber with all the serial numbers filed off, and fairly shitty because fuck SW.
>>
>>46028801
Explain please. I'm tired and can't remember if I've seen rules for that yet.
>>46028969
The Luminen talents suggestion seems like it might be interesting. I've already decided to reflavor the Heirophant's role bonus as a "Jedi mind trick" for lack of a better way of doing it.
>>46029092
As I actually stated I'll be playing in DH2e most likely. The pic was actually provided to me as a suggestion in a past thread to make a lightsaber in DH2e. Though depending on how things go with the game, how negotiations with the GM go, and whether or not I play other wh40k rpgs in the future I am open to ideas from other games as well still.
>>
>>46029394
Integrated weapon rules are in Lathe Worlds for DH1e and OW Shield of Humanity
>>
>>46029405
I'll look em up then and bring it up as a possibility to my GM. He has already told us if we come up with new talent ideas to let him know and he'll consider them and present us with the requirements for them.

At this point in time three players including myself, fully half the group, want a talent that lets us parry bullets. Two are for their current characters, myself I wanted it first and specifically for this character.
>>
>>46029441
I remember there was a homebrew like that in these threads a while ago. Trying to find it.
>>
>>46029490
I'll be keeping my eyes on the thread, could prove useful. Thanks anon.
>>
>>46029441
>>46029490
Found it. http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42381622/#42394574
>>
File: ElectroPriests.jpg (47 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
ElectroPriests.jpg
47 KB, 600x620
So, question. If the party's Tech-Priest gets the Luminen Shock talent/implant, would it be a dick move by the GM to make their eyes melt out of their head in the middle of a fight?

Pic related, the guys from the wargame with the ability to shoot lightning out of their hands, who all had that happen to them.
>>
>>46029525
That sounds pretty damn workable, though I'd have to imagine that an energy blade would have issues with the grenade part lol. Maybe the energy blade can also deflect plasma but can't deflect grenades... Something to consider. Thanks anon, I'll definitely forward it to my GM.
>>
>>46029571
Yes, very much so.
That's those guys entire schtick.
They live to discharge massive bolts of electricity well in excess of what they can generate through bio-energy and their potentia coil.
>>
>>46029618
This.
The lumen talents are NOT anywhere near the scale of those guys.
>>
>>46021514
Sure man, screencap of Heavy Metal Chivalrys storytimes so far.

And for what the spoilers say:
1st spoiler: Read: Loot the fuck out off
2nd spoiler: Bitching about captcha
3rd spoiler: I forgot what it was, but it wasn't important.
>>
>>46029571
You could ask him if he wants to become a true luminen priest and give him equipment that boosts his shock abilities or maybe even grants him access to lightning psychic powers.
Then you can make his eyes explode.
>>
>>46006429
Is Emperor Text to Speech canon yet?
>>
I'm thinking about playing a psyker in OW.
Got any tips (mechanical and roleplay-wise)?

Did you ever have a psyker in your game?
How did it go?
>>
>>46030642
>Got any tips

acquire the power to kill a yak

WITH MIND BULLETS
>>
>>46030642
I've never played OW but I'm pretty sure that the psykers are a lot safer than in the other games
>>
>>46030668
That's telekinesis, right?
>>
>>46030642
>Got any tips (mechanical and roleplay-wise)?
Are you an experienced player/knowledgeable about 40k?
If the answer to both is no, then don't play a fucking psyker.
>Did you ever have a psyker in your game?
Yes.
>How did it go?
First time, it was a guy who only knew that psykers were hated, so he disguised himself as a priest. I/We killed him when we found out the truth, because I am an Arbitrator first and foremost, and the punishment for impersonating the Ecclesiarchal services is death.
Second time, I was the psyker. Played up a feudal world fortune teller, ended up one armed, the sole survivor of the party, and fucking nuts.
To my credit, I managed to, for 11 sessions, constantly push all psyker powers, and the worst that happened was RAININ' BLUD!
>>
>>46023738

PEACE THROUGH POWER!
>>
>>46028125
OP Here.

Guess should have mentioned it in the actual OP, but I've finally updated the MEGA link eith EW/o and EB. If you have more pdfs you want added, throw me a link.
>>
>>46032495
Good to know.
>>
File: Dark Heresy investigation.jpg (102 KB, 500x1125) Image search: [Google]
Dark Heresy investigation.jpg
102 KB, 500x1125
>>46029571
Yes, it is a dick move. He's a Tech Priest, not a Psyker.
You can propose it to your player and offer to give him powers on the scale of an electropriest, but just making his eyes melt is similar to having a player hack off his own foot on a miss with a chainsword (that isn't an eviscerator).
>>46030642
Here's some roleplay questions to answer:
>How old were you when the Blackships took you? Do you remember your childhood well, or do you only remember being sanctioned?
>Was your sanctioning particularly traumatic, or was it a surprisingly easy process?
>You've set foot on Terra, the holiest place in the Imperium. Did this inspire new faith in you, or were you unimpressed?
>The Imperium at large fears and loathes psykers. Do you think that fear is justified? Do you try to put people at ease around you, or do you use your powers to intimidate and unnerve others?
>You know that there is a chance every time you use your "gifts" for something to go disastrously wrong. How does that make you feel? Are you paranoid? Devil-may-care?
>Do you think your powers were a punishment for your sins? Or are they a special burden the Emperor gave you because you can take it? Was it destiny or bad luck that made you what you are?
>>
>>46014236
That's because losing a limb is a really fast and effective way to kill people, due to shock and blood loss.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amputation#Traumatic_amputation
>>
>>46034953
Remember kids, its not across the street or Down the road.

If you wanna off yourself, just hack your arm off!
>>
>>46034953
I do wish there was a way to do it with a called shot or some such, and not chewing your way thru wounds.
Sometimes I just wanna break a dude's hand to give him penalties, or break a knee to hobble them.
>>
>>46035074
Crippling quality?
>>
>>46035193
Without needed a specific weapon to do it.
Even then, crippling quality is "you take damage for doing shit", not "you take penalties to agility checks because your leg is busted".
>>
>>46035074
Consider:
Called shot, may spend a fate point to inflict half rolled damage + the Effects of a 1d5 critical roll on the location.
So, it's not actually critical damage but you take the penalties from it.
Maybe spend a fate point to trigger this effect?
>>
>>46035321
I wouldn't even need something so grandiose.
I would rather have something a lot more basic and utilitarian, like take -x penalty on a called shot, apply the -x penalty to the victim's action or some such.
>>
>>46035074
If its not in combat, I'd just have you make a strength/WS/BS check, like if you're trying to get them to talk.

If its in close combat, a grapple check with a hefty negative to start.

Shooting their hand? Called shot, forfeit the chance to RF, plus a -2 or 3 to damage, in exchange for making that hand useless until treated.
>>
>>46035482
>Shooting their hand? Called shot, forfeit the chance to RF, plus a -2 or 3 to damage, in exchange for making that hand useless until treated.
I would be fine with dealing NO damage, actually, to have reliable means of disabling and capturing enemies outside snare weapons and beating them unconscious.
>>
>>46035674
>outside snare weapons and beating them unconscious

You don't want to beat them unconscious? What are you, some kind of heretic?
>>
>>46035674
There is the concussive quality of stun grenades and the Stun combat action.

If playing Black Crusade and are a psyker aligned to tzeentch, there are two psychic powers that don't deal wound damage but damage Intelligence and Willpower.
>>
>>46011291
Made myself a cute virginal acolyte one time. She lived pretty long as for DH character, and now is horribly disfigured - lost limbs, multiple body 3 degree burns, almost no face, no hair, no eyes, lots of scars everywhere. So not really. In some cases potential rapist will need a Fear check first.
>>
>>46009533
Sure there is. The solution for getting too powerful in Only War is to transition the surviving characters into the Inquisition via Dark Heresy. The solution for getting too powerful in Dark Heresy is to use the Ascension rules and transition into Rogue Trader. The solution for becoming too powerful in Rogue Trader is to transition into either Deathwatch or Black Crusade (depending on the disposition of the party). The answer to becoming too powerful in either of those systems is that it doesn't happen, you're acting at the highest echelons of power in the galaxy.
>>
>>46036177
And now I take it she's your bionic-rezzed cyber-waifu?
>>
>>46028125
These authors keep reading my mind, I wanted special ammo for bows and they did it, then I wondered what would happen if you put incense in a grenade and they did that too
>>
>>46036726
Special ammo for bows have been there for a while in the series, though mostly limited to explosive arrows. There should be a little table for converting a grenade to be shot from a bow.
>>
>>46029441
Instead of bending the lore over backwards, why not just fucking play Star Wars, man?
>>
>>46037091
>Instead of bending the lore over backwards
Eisenhorn literally does that with a power sword in the Malleus book, anon.
Learn about the lore before you talk about what is and isn't in it.
>>
>>46037255
except it's clear that anon just wants to play star wars in the grim darkness of distant future, stop pretending to be retarded online.
>>
>>46037091
>you can't have lightsabers in a setting with inquisitor obiwan in it
>>
>>46037340
>you can't do something in a setting purposely designed to be kitchen sink as possible, already has energy blades, people that can parry bullets, and mind magic
Get fucked.
>>
File: folder.png (725 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
folder.png
725 KB, 750x750
>>46016350
I use music in my campaigns all the time. Check out some of the following:

Warhammer 40,000: Regicide: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUv1WGH2RgX2Pesbfb68rm0xZXYCuCGKy

Dante's Inferno: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB032FA8FAA289BAB

Sins of a Solar Empire (Advent music in particular): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4033568B6970D286

Amnesia: The Dark Descent: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvjhaxgKveR9iTLE0PL-mNb9iNMmsKh3R

Rome: Total War (the pre-battle music in particular): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60EA75B9FA0CD1F8

Medieval II: Total War (the pre-battle music in particular): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC058CA6EB0A8AD57
>>
File: latest.jpg (102 KB, 550x500) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
102 KB, 550x500
>>46016350
>>46037455
If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device also has some good ambient 40k music: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W4kVlMvMrqMjXhqClZmQuEHc_wOBO8mKbn4gEZBUJtE/edit
>>
>>46037414
Listen, if it was just the lightsaber as written, that'd be fine. If it was a psyker with a slightly different take on telepathy powers, that'd be fine. If he was making any effort to fit the aesthetic or was starting off as a full-fledged Inquisitor, it'd be fine.
None of this appears to be the case here.
>>
>>46038411
He's trying to make an expy, so the assumption is that the character would conform to the universe, not the other way around.
Even then, 40k by design can include almost any idea you want. Hell, during the Great Crusade, the Imperium ran into the !Star Trek world, got kicked around, and had to throw a comet at the world to win.
You are being pedantic at this point, mang, so kindly cease your no fun allowed quibble.
>>
File: 1396337490708.png (46 KB, 248x244) Image search: [Google]
1396337490708.png
46 KB, 248x244
>>46037455
>Medieval II
>Rome
My nigga
>>
>>46038509
Fair enough. Parrying projectiles sounds awfully OP with the right build, though. Even shields aren't allowed to do that.
>>
>>46038680
Depends really on the requirements.
Another guy homebrewed talents to do so, and they are pretty fair, requiring 2 talents, building up from thrown and primitive weapons to solid shell projectiles and grenades.
>>
>>46038810
I'm so fucking happy to be "some guy who made a thing that gets remembered on /tg/".
>>
Why is the flame effect so broken? I have a player who wants to be a pyromancy psyker but last time I saw someone roll that up they trivialized every encounter by stun locking most enemy forces by setting them on fire
>>
>>46038877
Flame weapons have always been scary as fuck due to the agility test.
However, all of them are short ranged, outside a handful of options.
You want him to not trivialize shit?
1. Have combat start at decent ranges of 20-70 meters.
2. Have the use of fire actually carry effects on the world.
There is a reason taking a flammenwerfer in combat was considered insane. Short range, IMMEDIATELY targeted by anyone with sense.
>>
>>46038862
They are good shit, that's why.
Just wish you could parry lasweapons, but I understand why not.
>>
>>46038680
You'd still be limited by your number of reactions. Also I figure you'd have to be psychic, in which case cutting bullets out of the air pales to some of the other shit you can do
>>
>>46038877
Because it's designed to be?
Outside of short range encounters, it's harder to access.

Plus fire it off willy nilly and you're likely to find yourself in a blazing inferno with no easy way out, taking damage from the side effects of your own gun.
>>
>>46039038
>I want to be a 40k jedi
>>
>>46039130
I made some talents a while back after a bout of Metal Gear Rising left me mad that flailing about a power sword just wasn't as cool as I felt it should be. Some kind anon found it earlier in the thread above, but the link is here:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42381622/#42394574
>>
>>46039279
>hasn't read the thread: the post
>>
>>46039279
I don't find the idea that somewhere in the Imperium there's a conclave of psykers practicing meditation and training in martial arts that far-fetched, you just need the right world to develop the mindset
>>
>>46039678
Inquisitor's Handbook has an advance that's basically Jedi, you even make your own force weapon
>>
>>46039279
What bit is it that's getting you down anon? Is it the deflecting bullets? In a kitchen sink setting with assassins specifically able to do that? Or is it that he's deflecting lasers? Which jedi can also do. Boohoo, grow the fuck up.
>>
>>46038680
There's a shield that does this in one of the rogue trader books.
>>
File: Ig9wHcT.png (77 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
Ig9wHcT.png
77 KB, 300x188
>>46039848
Just baiting
>>
Goodnight bump
>>
>>46039959
Did a quick skim of my books and didn't find it. Any idea which book it was?
>>
>>46038680
Lynchguard shields are.
>>
>>46039678

40k has Orks building Death Stars now. After that debacle, I can see giant robots, high-speed bullet deflection, and psyker jedi making perfect sense.
>>
So question:

How does one properly play a Psyker in Dark Heresy? You know not ruining everything for everyone in the group
>>
>>46041570
Into the Storm.
Archeotech Mirror Shield.

Protection rating of 60% on your arms and body, if it deflects an Energy weapon, you can make a Challenging (+0) Agility test to deflect it right back at the person who shoot it.

So never fire a Meltagun at someone wearing mirrors on their forearms.
>>
>>46042321
Fettered all the fucking time unless if you really need to.
>>
>>46042321
Use powers at Fettered, invest majorly in non-psychic abilities and passive abilities such as Psyniscience, purchase more talents to mitigate Psychic Phenomenon and Perils of the Warp.

Basically treat your powers with respect, don't use them when you don't have to, and never to an extent greater than you need.

Alternatively, go fucking wild, but get everyone else to stand far back first.
>>
File: Imperial Knight.jpg (233 KB, 854x1029) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Knight.jpg
233 KB, 854x1029
>>46042311
>I can see giant robots, high-speed bullet deflection, and psyker jedi making perfect sense.
>I can see giant robots,
'Sup.

And let's not forget Titans, Dreadnoughts, Gargants and the stompy fuck-ton of other types of giant robots existing in the setting since forever.
>>
>>46042311
Giant robots have many, many, many example in canon.

High-speed bullet deflection isn't really a thing, but using predictive psychic powers to deflect projectiles with a near indestructible weapon (and grip of iron) is entirely possible, if a bit showy.

Psychic Jedi... Well, you can access practically every Jedi power with psyker disciplines, so I guess a Psyker could be seen similar to a Jedi. Practically every Psychic Inquisitor is practically a Jedi, even down to the ludicrous plot armour that keeps them alive.
>>
>>46042335
Sounds rare as shit. Nice for my DH2 feudal chainsword knight to have something impossible to aspire to, though.
>>
File: rakgol rules lawyer.jpg (181 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
rakgol rules lawyer.jpg
181 KB, 500x555
Help /tg/, my rogue trader players are dead set on getting some concrete answers as to the nature and origins of the Rak'gol and I've already exhausted the hand waves I can. They even have a solid plan on how to capture a live rak'gol for study and interrogation via player psychics.

I know some of the official theories about their origins and nature, but whats some of your takes on it in your games? Doesnt have to match canon since my group know Im making up what ever they find.
>>
Are there rules for playing a scout in Death Watch
>>
>>46042956
Wear scout armor and take a stalker bolt gun.
>>
>>46042860
>study and interrogation via player psychics
Who says it would know its origin?
The Rak'Gol are barely more than beasts, they steal practically all of their tech, and what they make themselves is primitive beyond belief.
I doubt they would bother with any records of their past, and what you could gather from their nature, is that they were probably a race enslaved by the Yu'Vath, whose artifacts they now seek to claim either as a result of some ancient programming by their dark masters, or in order to resurrect them.
>>
>>46042956
>Rule number 1: if they laugh at you, max out stealth, buy sleigh of hand and ready their krak grenades while they're looking the other way
>Rule number 2: laugh at them
>>
File: 4cf.jpg (49 KB, 499x468) Image search: [Google]
4cf.jpg
49 KB, 499x468
bump
>>
late night bump
>>
Alright, regarding Integrated weapon rules, what's my best option here for rules? Which is closer to DH2e? Or are the rules identical between the DH1e and OW printings?
>>
OP's mind just had the most WONDERFUL idea to make a cyber mastiff in whatever campaign I do next named after my recently-deceased dog.

OP's mind has made him sad again.

OP is going to go wallow in self-hate for letting this shit get that far, and not spotting the warning signs.

There are times I question my decision not to drink.
>>
>>46045721
nevermind. I checked both out, while appealing I don't think an integrated weapon will work out...

Anyone have any ideas for dense power sources in 40k? Basically I need a small battery with a ton of charge to it. Otherwise I may wind up working with my GM to homebrew some sort of equivalent to the kuber crystals.
>>
Following up on the question another anon had about Emperor TTS, I'm wondering if anyone's run a plotline about the order to disband and subsequently reform the Inquisition and Ecclesiarchy.

I'm considering it if I can get a party going for a good few months, I'll bring it up, and give them the choice to obey it, ignore it and continue on, or join Krazypantsoff's mad crusade/attempt to breach Eternity Gate. With the appropriate treatment if they choose Fyodor and Dominic's Bogus Adventure.
>>
>>46046669
>dense power sources in 40k
Basically archeotech. Power sources are an odd mish mash, really.
Basic power armor, for example, only runs for hours on it's battery, while astartes grade power armor can run literally forever on a micro fusion backpack.
Most power weapons have a cord leading to a battery on the back or hip, while some run on a generator in the hilt.
>>
>>46047644
One could make the argument that a properly motivated heretek could combine a modified potentia coil and electoo inductors to use bio-electricty to power a power sword, or in this case, lightsabre rip-off.
>>
>>46047728
Also prevents anyone else using it, as it would have no internal power source.
>>
>>46047752
Of course, when I say modified, I mean they could only ever be used to power that kind of weapon, can never be used for anything else, and I'd make them flip a coin to decide either a 1 or 2 permanent decrease in Wounds, to represent the fact the coil has been modified not just to take in energy normally, but to leech the user's nervous system ever so slightly, to provide enough power to be feasible, thus weakening them, before I'd even consider letting something that broken into the game. Critical failures to hit would also have to have the chance to send them into a seizure from overdrawing from their nervous system.
>>
>>46047882
Clarification: permanent wound decrease happens at implantation, not every time its drawn. I'm not a monster.
>>
Have you ever made any custom vehicles or variants of existing ones in your games?
>>
File: 1450355711382.jpg (62 KB, 736x1172) Image search: [Google]
1450355711382.jpg
62 KB, 736x1172
In the Calixis Sector, is the location of the bones of Saint Drusus known?
I'd like to do a plot partly inspired by real medieval history, in which various power factions are campaigning to have the bones moved to be displayed on their world, in hopes of increasing prestige/income from pilgrims.
>>
>>46011245
Rolling only. I do it in every system that allows rolling, since ADnD days.
Never used point buy except in WoD. And even in it, we usually randomly rolled for generation.
>>
Just how small can daemon engines be?

If I stuffed a daemon into a suit of astartes power armor, would I get a suit of power daemon armor or would it be a new body for it?
>>
>>46013361
>don't remind me of Eldarboo
Who?
>>
>>46049885
Never mind it was already in the thread. I need to learn to scroll.

Holy cringe.
>>
>>46024729
>>46024752
>>46024777

Man, I like Eldar, but even I had to cringe.
>>
>>46049850
Depends, it would be practically pointless as a suit of possessed Power Armour as it would provide almost no benefits, and should you fail a Daemonic Mastery test, you can't just drop the weapon to avoid possession.
>>
>>46049850
A suit of possessed animated power armour would be awesome, but surely it'd be better to have a possessed marine inside that armour?
>>
>>46042860
>They even have a solid plan on how to capture a live rak'gol for study and interrogation via player psychics.
Let the telepath read its mind, but he doesn't get anything useful, just a flood of nightmare images and horror, maybe vague visions of a nightmarish homeworld if you're nice. Then it's a Hard Willpower test or 1d10 CP and 1d10+2 Insanity for trying to read an alien's mind.
>>
Insane and Corrupt character are removed from play, correct?
No burning fate or anything?
Turning a PC into chaos spawn is a good idea, right?
>>
>>46052360
Insane or corrupted characters are removed from play in their home system. FFG actually encourages parties that all go crazy to switch over to Black Crusade, and the Spawn thing can work.
>>
>>46052430
*and then
>>
>>46052430

>Parties that all go insane

Good ways of pushing a party to insanity or corruption that aren't back to back fear tests?

I'm using DH2 so I'm assuming it's pretty easy in the first place
>>
>>46052514
A long campaign, and repeated bad decisions.
>>
>>46052430
It doesn't encourage players to switch to BC at all. BC doesn't use Insanity Points and reasons that every character within it is utterly insane to the point that they may as well be 100 IP players from other game lines.
>>
>>46052568
Yeah, that's the point of what he was saying.
There're also a ton conversion rules in the BC book.
>>
>>46052514
In deathwatch librarians are the easiest.
You just promise them crucial Intel pr campaign info in exchange for CPs, fluff it as a voice from beyond.
then feed them lies and half truths
>>
What are the differences between the Ordo Hereticus and the Ordo Malleus?

The way it's explained, it just feels like Hereticus is in charge up until the cultists manage to summon a demon, then Malleus takes over the case like the FBI.
>>
>>46053080
Sort of. Hereticus merit are also non chaos heresies, which are schisms, non approved interpretation of creed or old religions.
Malleus are the elite daemon hunters and while holly tools of hereticus are enough to banish daemons, malleus are the cavalry best suited for converting such a foe.
As there is no formal hierarchy within the I, they don't take over anything, but would most likely cooperate.
I can imagine hereticus inquisitor calling a malleus colleague to aid, each focusing on their area until the taint is eliminated.
>>
>>46053080
Sorta yeah. However, Hereticus also cover things that aren't Chaos cults. Political dissidents, not-approved religions are all heretical and thus, the purview of the ordo Hereticus.

Ideally, every Ordo never wants the Malleus to get involved, because if they do then the situation is already colossally bad.
>>
File: 1455300073068.jpg (134 KB, 1212x659) Image search: [Google]
1455300073068.jpg
134 KB, 1212x659
>>46053080
I always read it as :
>Hereticus
Internal affairs, policing the police and generally hunting down problems within the Imperium. They take on cults, localized corruption (including old fashioned abuse of power), religious schisms, rogue psykers, mutant uprisings and political factions that threaten the Imperium.
They also deal with Space Marines who are getting too uppity and aren't called "Space Wolves", and any other Imperium military who want to be Horus 2: Electric Boogaloo.
>Malleus
Specifically deal with Daemons and Chaos threats. While they will *also* go after everything above, Malleus focuses primarily on looking for Daemonic involvement in problems, having the gear to fight a full blown incursion, and tracking and identifying specific warp entities and their intrigues against the Imperium. They *tend* to be less interested in something like a local Governor wanting to start a tithe rebellion, but they won't ignore it if it's going on in their area.

The thing to remember is that Ordos are more of a pool of specialized agents and resources than a strict organization. Eisenhorn, an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, spends a great deal of time embroiled with Chaos shenanigans, while Grey Knights duke it out with things like Tyranids all the time.
>>
>>46042311
>40k has Orks building Death Stars now
I know that series is all the rage now, but Orks have been building all kinds of crazy shit for decades so I don't really see a problem with that
>>
>>46046625
Speaking of which, where could I find rules/stats for cyber mastiffs? I want to give one to an OW NPC the PCs will interact with and it may end up as a gift for them if they behave well
>>
>>46053319
>>46053415
>>46053593
Okay, thanks for that, I've been wondering for a while now.
>>
How to make a dark heresy 2 party ascend to rt?
>>
Are Thorians heretics?
>>
>>46052725
I was thinking about throwing a daemon summoning cult.
Suggest daemon against daemon tactics,
Daemon weapons made from holy relics and what not
>>
>>46053857
Daemon weapons made from holy relics, wut?
>>
>>46053789
The inquisitor dies and a Rogue Trader jumps at the chance to snap up some experienced agents?
It would work a lot better if the Inquisitor was radical rather than puritan, since Rogue Traders are all about compromised values and gray areas.
>>
>>46053678
Hmm. I believe Dark Heresy 1e Core has Cyber Mastiff rules, but the Book of Judgement has a bunch of variant Mastiffs so that's probably your best bet.

>>46053806
Sorta? I don't think there's anything in the Imperial Creed that says "Don't Resurrect the Emperor". All it really says is he's a God, and bringing God back to life to save us all is a big part of a lot of religions.
Other hand, I think wanting the Emperor's body to die is heretical, and a lot of them mess around with Daemonhosts and Dark Mechanicus shit so... yeah, probably heretics.
>>
>>46053889
*ceremonial ecclesiarcy shit
Lo siento comrade
>>
>>46053857
>>46053889
Aren't daemonhammers supposed to be daemons bound within a weapon, but used by the Ordo Malleus?
Other than that, you're going to have a hard time justifying that kind of heresy to literally any Inquisitor strolling by.
>>
>>46053922
Will look into it, thanks
>>
>>46053960
Stop spilling that bs anon
>>
OP is going off the radar for a bit. EW/o and EB just came in the mail. gonna go read them.

Canada Post can suck my unstable balls
>>
>>46047644
I once saw an Only War regiment whose standard kit included Stormtrooper Carapace Armor modified with the 'Powered' upgrade from Rogue Trader. Their armors ran off of Lasgun power packs and got 2 hours per charge pack, 1 hour for pistol packs. Lasgun power cells are cheap and plentiful and can be recharged easily, so they essentially had very-low-budget power armor.
>>
>>46021514
>Black Crusade
>We are working under a Chaos Lord and in order to gain his support we need to supply him with troops for a upcoming battle
>We managed to trap and capture a bunch of Berzerkers in a metal box
>Metal box is moved to our ship and we go back to the Chaos Lord
>Suddenly Orks and Ork boarding parties
>We fuck up, we loose 2 players and alot of our allies
>I think I am being smart and I release the zerkers
>realize I am now between a horde of charging Orks and charging berzerkers
>die

And we all laughed.
>>
Can you have Blast and Accurate at the same time?
>>
>>46055509
sollex-pult railgun.
accurate, blast (1), 4d10
>>
>>46047903
Uh, guy? Look up Electro-Priests on Lexicanum.
There are "problems" to be found when you kick up a potentia coils output.
>>
>>46048905
Yeah, it's actually easy as all hell.
Shit, I had a character who was a wrench, and would mod his autocarriage all the time.
>>46049367
Believed they are interred in his mausoleum?
>>46049374
>Never used point buy except in WoD. And even in it, we usually randomly rolled for generation.
How do you roll randomly when you assign dots via priority? That's like saying you roll stats in SR.
>>
New Challenge, everyone: Post the home-made Space Marine chapter, Imperial Guard Regiment, Chaos Warband, or Rogue Trader vessel you *want* to play a part of in a game but that no group or GM will agree to be part of.

I'll start:
The 15th Korb Tuskmunmchers
Ogrynn Close Assault regiment from an Ogrynn world.
Commander: Maverick
Doctrines: Crusaders, Ogrynn Weapons, Hardened Fighters.
Regiment Drawback: Warp Delayed.
An entire regiment of Ogrynns specialized in fighting with Great Weapons against Orc hordes. Just big, goofy, dim-witted powerhouses.

Dammit, nobody wants to play the lovable-lummox type.
>>
>>46056367
I was kinda thinking a middle ground between "Functioning properly" and "burn out the eyes," hence the risk of seizure.
>>
>>46053960
>Aren't daemonhammers supposed to be daemons bound within a weapon, but used by the Ordo Malleus?
Not, not at all, and never been.
The fuck did you get that idea at all?
>>
>>46056452
The Electro-priests ARE functioning properly.
Do realize that you are asking for a fairly massive electric charge inside your own body; you would need similar augments to get it.
You said you were playing DH2e? Look at the Lumen talents, you can use them like twice a day, and either test for fatigue or just straight up take fatigue, and that is for a one time taser effect.
You want to basically power a plasmagun, and the in-setting example of someone who can feasibly do that is already set.
>>
>>46053960
.... No. Daemonhammers have NEVER been described as that. They have only ever been described as ritually blessed high-quality power-hammers with special bonuses to smiting and slaying daemons. Where the fuck do you get that bullshit?
>>
File: Terran Guard Regiment.png (263 KB, 2598x1417) Image search: [Google]
Terran Guard Regiment.png
263 KB, 2598x1417
>>46056426
Highly trained fighters in greatcoats with horses. Some day.
>>
For the record, I'm the guy building a Jedi in DH2e, idfk what everyone else is bickering about but it looks like somewhere people confused one discussion with another somewhere.

I haven't posted anything in this thread since... >>46046669 because I've been busy and tired between working a closing shift last night and an opening today. I crashed shortly after that post.
>>
>>46055757
The accurate damage doesn't apply to the blast right?
>>
>>46056685
Nobody cares, you're a part of amorphous blob called anonymous
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.