[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hellborn Quest 143
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 10
File: HellbornQuest.jpg (38 KB, 400x616) Image search: [Google]
HellbornQuest.jpg
38 KB, 400x616
The Story So Far: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=hellborn
1-50 Thread Summary: http://pastebin.com/DYy8w24r
51-100 Thread Summary: http://pastebin.com/wx3HtRT5

QM Twitter: https://twitter.com/HellbornQuest
Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/rNg3Yw8m (pictures within) <--Brush up on this if you aren’t familiar with Sierra’s abilities.
Ask Languid Anything: ask.fm/HellbornQM

You are Sierra Beckhoff, and you are kind of a huge jerk. After Moriah told you to not rush ahead on your quest for power, you sort of went and did exactly that behind her back. And you also half-killed her brother. But you don’t really have to tell her about that tonight.

Allegedly, it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission. But as it turns out, it’s not actually easier. It’s harder. You just have to do it by that point, so you don’t have any choice in the matter.

You don’t feel bad about your decision, though. If you had other options, you probably would have taken them. But being right doesn’t mean you’re looking forward to Moriah’s angry face.

--

You manage to escape the house (and Cassandra’s laughter) without taking too many casualties. You’re on your bike, riding down to the Crowther house. You should probably text or call. But you find yourself dreading it. Maybe you’ll just show up.

Sanity: 90
Stress: 5
Fury: 12

A complication presents itself. You’re running out of gas. Road trips will do that, you guess.
>>
>>45992152

You stop at an empty gas station and kick out your stand by a pump. Traffic is thin, and only an occasional car whips past behind you. This time of night doesn’t see too much business. You get the pump going, and sit back and try to ignore the hard scent of gasoline in the cool night air.

You’re thus engaged when a little guy in a brown tweed suit walks out of the gas station, inhaling one last puff of smoke before flicking the chewed butt of a cigar onto the ground. When he stomps it out, and that’s when your danger ring starts buzzing.

Your attention gravitates toward the newcomer as you search for the source. Something about the little man’s general demeanor is familiar to you. And then you realize where you’ve seen him.

It's Nabuth’shazzar, General Meckor’s right hand man.

The tweedy Stygian turns toward you. “Hey kid,” he says, blowing out a last puff of smoke.

>Remain calm. You don’t know why he’s here.
>Get angry. This jerk made you kill people.
>I thought you were dead.
>What are you doing here?
>If I were you, I wouldn’t have come back.
>Grab your bike and drive off.
>Bike’s too slow, corner step until you have a few buildings between you and him.
>Execute preemptive strike. You’re in danger, seize the initiative while it’s yours.
>Other (?)
>>
>What are you doing here?
Remain calm. We are much more powerful than last time.
>>
>>45992167
I thought he was dead?
>Get angry. This jerk made you kill people.
>>
>>45992167
>>
>>45992167
>>
>>45992167
>>
>>45992167
This might be an ambush (Not sure how they would know that we were going to this gas station though).

Keep an eye on the guy, but also watch out in other directions for anyone else. He might very well have sold his services as a mercenary to someone who wants us dead, and he is unlikely to be alone if that's what's going on here.
>>
>>45992294
>I thought he was dead?
Technically we just went bloodrage on him and don't remember much. Being a illusion demon, i am not really surprised he survive, must not be hard to trick someone literally blinded by rage.
>>
Roll dice to keep cool.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>45992501
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>45992501
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>45992501
pls
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>45992501
>>
>Updated pastebin
Nice
>>
>>45992517
That's pretty cool, considering the circumstances
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>45992649
I'm always hoping I'll roll a 100. I've done it twice before.
>>
>>45992167
>I know I'm crazy but I'm not THIS crazy
>>
We should start carrying around the sweet handgun at all times.

>tentacle-spewing Walther P38
>>
>>45992870

You are.
>>
Can someone remind me who this is?
>>
>>45992983
Pretty much the first demon we fought, IIRC.
>>
>>45992983
The stygian guy that was part of meckors circle. The first ever big bad we fought. We freaked out fighting him and I think we may have hurt ro in the aftermath
>>
>>45992983
He made us blood rage and break Rowan's arm that one time but we assumed we had killed him after he laid tentacles on us.
>>
>>45993061
>>45993080
>>45993084
Oh, so why aren't we drinking his blood yet?
>>
>>45992983
Back when Meckor was a thing that was not dead, he had several retainers. Ranthix was one of them and so was Nabuth’shazzar. Nabuth’shazzar sort of did his own thing, so he is probably working for someone else now. I doubt he just sat on his ass since then.
>>
>>45993151
To see our options. Gather probably fake information. We in control now.
>>
>>45993151
Meckor isn't around any more, and we're the fucking Imperiate.
>>
>>45993151
Also because he is a stygian. The illusion dudes. What we see is almost certainly NOT his actual form and might not even be him. It might even just be a projection.
>>
>>45993151
The only reason we fought him in the first place was because we didn't know shit about demons and had been told he's a "deceit demon" so we had no clue whether or not he was lying when he said he hated Meckor's guts and just wanted to go home but he was being forced into service
>>
>>45993444
Most likely
>>
You purposefully avoid thinking about what happened the last (and only) time you ran into Nabuth. (+1 Stress: 6/103; +4 Fury: 16) “I thought you were dead,” you say, checking about you for signs of an ambush. When you glance the top of a roof overlooking the gas station, you catch a sliver of movement. Something pulled back out of sight.

He’s not alone, and you doubt this is coincidence. But you’re not sure how they would know you would stop at this gas station. You didn’t even know yourself until you stopped. But if they weren’t waiting for you, that means they arrived after you did. Maybe magically, somehow. And if that’s the case, then that means they knew where to find you – which implies you’re being followed, or at least being monitored somehow.

Nabuth places his hands in his pockets. “Save yourself some heartache. You don’t see a body, they’re not dead. And even then,” he says, smiling slightly.

The sound of his voice grates on you, but you put your feelings aside. If his intent was to attack, he could have done so already. Just because his presence is dangerous doesn’t mean that’s where this is going. Could be your danger ring is going off cause you might put yourself in danger by doing something without thinking.
>>
>>45993495

You keep on your guard. “Why come back?” you ask. “Doesn’t seem smart.”

“It’s not. Some unpleasant people caught up with me after you and Hallow sent me packing,” he replies. “I wasn’t lying about that neat little manor on the Styx. If I had a choice, that’s where I’d be.”

Unpleasant people? Maybe that’s why Nabuth was with Meckor in the first place. The whole conquer San Francisco got out of hand, but if he needed to get away from somebody, being on Meckor’s conclave would have been a ticket out of hell.

>Who are you working for?
>Cute, the guy on the roof over there.
>How’d you get here?
>I’m a hundred times stronger than I was last year. You can’t kill me.
>This the part where you try to mob me?
>You do know Isaac’s my dad now. He likes to keep tabs on me.
>Waldric and Ranthix are still alive, you know. The demonbane wasn’t as horrible as you thought.
>He’s obviously here to do something you don’t agree with. Shoot him.
>You don’t know what his deal is, and you don’t want to know. Take off.
>Send Monster out on recon.
>Try to use landmastery to ascertain whether the thing you're talking to is real or an illusion.
>Other (?)
>>
Let's just cut to the chase and ask why he's here/who he's working for.
>>
>>45993549
>Try to use landmastery to ascertain whether the thing you're talking to is real or an illusion.
And>>45993551
>>
>>45993549
>Cute, the guy on the roof over there
>This the part where you try to mob me?
>>
>>45993549

>>
>>45993549
>>Try to use landmastery to ascertain whether the thing you're talking to is real or an illusion.
>>
>>45993549
Additionally we should use landmaster to check who and what other things are in our presence.
>>
>>45993549
>Cute, the guy on the roof over there.
>>
Dice for reasons
>>
>>45993549
SNIPER ON ROOF

The danger isn't from him, he's there to hold our attention and clean up. Let him make an offer, or get out.

>Send Monster out on recon.

>Other (Put your back to one of the gas station pillars)
>>
>>45993549
...wait if we're not getting any emotional vibes from this guy, he's obviously an illusion.
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>45993874
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>45993874
pls
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>45993874
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>45993874
Rollan
>>
>>45993918
Saved

>>45993932
Ahhhhhh
>>
>>45993932
I'm so glad you were fourth and not third
>>
>>45993932
I just can't remember. Does this quest take 3 or 4 dice?
>>
>>45993932
WHY WEREN'T YOU FASTER!?
>>
>>45993967
The norm on this board is usually 3.
>>
>>45994012
Low is good and high is bad
>>
>>45994012
If the roll was faster it wouldn't necessarily have been a 100.

>>45994053
He knows.
>>
>>45994053
I know. I love it when Sierra rages out. Best threads are involved with that.
>>
File: 2014-06-28_01-10-34.png (295 KB, 466x298) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-28_01-10-34.png
295 KB, 466x298
>>45994084
>>
>>45994084
>>45994133
I too feel the pull to bully her, but I show it in more subtle ways. Like voting for Baron.
>>
>>45994201
I miss Baron. Haven't seen him in a while.
>>
>>45994232
Baron was to normie to get with Sierra. Their first time would have ended in a murder.
Ever flash-cooked a hotdog? Yeah.
>>
>>45994232
No one care about Baron. Kill all Baron fags
>>
>>45994232
>I miss Baron

He's probably doing boring people things. Like playing videogames or reading a book. Or playing DnD 5.0.
>>
>>45994307
Our time will come. One day the silent majority will rise.
>>
>>45994307
Just because I miss the character doesn't mean I shipped him with Sierra.
>>
>>45994360
Nobody even said you did, you fag. You bringing it up sans prompt says something. Also? He's bland and boring and chickenshit. There is literally nothing for having him around.
>>
>>45994735
Yes, keep false flagging. Soon everyone will hate the anti-baron anons!
>>
>>45994828
I do dislike Baron as a love interest though.

Seriously, the guy isn't really able to handle the shit our love interest would go through. And he has a Ro boner anyways since we don't have pretty fucking angel wings.
>>
You stretch out your awareness, attempting to sense whether Nabuth truly stands before you, or if it’s mere illusion. You find the force of non-native foreign life directly where it should be, though the strength of its vitality far exceeds the minuscule man you see before you.

You try to extend your awareness further to the roof, that you might see what you’re up against, but your efforts fall short. They’re not fruitless, though. You sense more intruding presences within the station shop – a whole blob of them. There’s at least four distinct auras, if not more.

Looks like Nabuth is playing the field. But at least if he is really where he seems to be, perhaps his intentions are not totally disagreeable. Otherwise he’d be somewhere else so as to feint better for the attack.

“Why don’t we skip the crap and cut to the chase,” you say, letting your annoyance tip him off that you know about his backup. “Who sent you, and why are you here?”

Nabuth’s expression is a mask. “I sent myself this time,” he says. “Look kid. If anybody was a fan of your mom, it was me. And if you were the Imperiate, I’d wave your flag. But it’s not going to work out if you keep pissing everybody off with the whole lone-wolf thing.”

You glare at him. “You come all this way to bitch at me?”

“I’m telling you how it is,” Nabuth replies. “You got two greater demonic powers angry at you, specifically. You need a friend. And you told Archduke Sulkrasph what you thought of his friendship when you killed his emissary, so you’re running out of options.”

“Let me guess. You’re the friend I need.”
>>
>>45995092

He laughs. “No, I’m not. Ushola is. Next time you see me, I’ll be on her clock,” the Stygian tells you. “Ushologuissa’s daughter is coming to take the fief. Make it easy for her and she’ll go easy on you. It’ll hurt at first, but they’ll warm up to you. She knows power when she sees it, and you’re more useful as an ally than a corpse.”

>Assuming I say yes, what exactly does ‘making it easy for her’ entail?
>What makes her any different from Meckor?
>I told the Grand Wrymwrither what I thought about her friendship when I killed Axos.
>I already have friends. Don’t count them out.
>Why do I need her when I have you? Switch to the winning team this time. I’ve got history on my side.
>I’ve seen what Ushola’s plans are. It’s not happening.
>Isaac’s not going to let that fly.
>If you say no, Nabuth leaves and comes back later. You need to make sure that doesn’t happen. (Attack)
>Other (?)
>>
>>45995027
Next time Sierra has a minor breakdown she should totally say something about stupid angle wings.

Flightless birds are sexy too dammit! She's like... like a demonic penguin! Fancy as fuck.
>>
>>45995148
>If you say no, Nabuth leaves and comes back later. You need to make sure that doesn’t happen. (Attack)
>>
>>45993880
Who says the sniper is for us? Dude could be gunning for Nabuth.

Anyways, I say we grab him and shadowstep on general principle while draining his PP.
>>
>>45995148
>Why do I need her when I have you? Switch to the winning team this time. I’ve got history on my side.
I mean, do you really want to live in Halth on Earth?
>>
>>45995148
>I told the Grand Wrymwrither what I thought about her friendship when I killed Axos.
>>
>>45995148
"Seriously, chop shops for people? What the fuck kind of person does that?
>>
>>45995148

Pop our halo and let's go to town.
>>
>>45995148
I kinda want to say something like
>I'll make it quick for her
that could be interpreted as a subtle threat or as assent, but it's not like it'd actually help.
>>
>>45995148
Only one reward for traitors. "If" we were the Imperiate our royal ass.
>>
"And if you were the Imperiate, I’d wave your flag"
kek

>>45995148
>What makes her any different from Meckor?

>Other
"I AM the Imperiate, and if you side with those who try to take what's mine, you will die. It's just fate."
>>
>>45995148
Hose him down with the gas hose and then light him up with a shadowflame hellbolt.

Actually, this makes me realize we should start carrying around glass bottles full of gasoline. We could throw them in an are or on someone or something and it'd make it so we could light it up with even just a tiny bit of fire, just an itsy bitsy spark. And we don't have to worry about accidentally lighting ourself up because car fuel can't melt Sierra fire resistance.
>>
>>45995305
i like this, very ranthix
>>
>>45995148
>Other (?)
"I would make a good ally... until I outlive my usefulness and I suffer a tragic accident. Try again."
>>
>>45995148
Summon monster stealthily, have him sneak around to get in position for fuckery.
>>
>>45995148
>Other (?)
Just for the record, it technically wasn't me that killed Lucifer.
>>
>>45995148
>>If you say no, Nabuth leaves and comes back later. You need to make sure that doesn’t happen. (Attack)

Nah, fuck that. Killin time.
>>
>>45995148
>>Why do I need her when I have you? Switch to the winning team this time. I’ve got history on my side.
>>I’ve seen what Ushola’s plans are. It’s not happening.
>>
“Until I serve my purpose,” you reply. “Then I’m out.”

Nabuth jerks a thumb at himself. “The fact I’m here proves that’s not how she works,” he says. “You don’t get to be Grand Wrymwrither by burning every bridge you come across. You really don’t have a clue, kid. Trust me, you need this.”

“No, I don’t, because I’m the Imperiate,” you say, wrath building within you. (+4 Fury: 20) “You pick the side that’s not mine, you lose. And I’ve seen what Ushola’s plans are. I mean seriously – chop shops for people? It’s not happening.”

Nabuth pinches the bridge of his nose. “Do you have any idea the street value of – look, they were mortals, all right?” he tells you, his voice strained. “Ushola doesn’t care what her people do if they get results. If you take exception with the means, you figure something else out. You’re the Imperiate, aren’t you? You should be able to do that much.”

You’re tempted to try to spray gasoline on Nabuth, but he’s too far for that to work. Also you might explode everything, and you’d have a tough time explaining to Isaac.

“C’mon,” says the demon, spreading his hands. “I’m going out on a limb to give you a chance here. Don’t do it like this.”

>You’d better crawl back into whatever hole you came from while you still can.
>If you really cared, you wouldn’t be here at all. You’re a smart guy. You know magic. You could have figured something out.
>If I were you, I’d figure out some clever way to make sure I never stepped foot in this city again.
>We’ve had this conversation before. You were afraid of Meckor and Isaac. You were afraid of everybody but me.
>I appreciate what you’re trying to do here, but you’ve got nothing that interests me. Scram.
>Scare him off to prove a point, but don’t go for the kill. (Attack)
>Only real options I have are whether I want to fight you now or later. Not much of a choice. (Attack)
>Sudden attack. (Attack)
>Other (?)
>>
>>45996425
>We’ve had this conversation before. You were afraid of Meckor and Isaac. You were afraid of everybody but me.
>>
>>45996425
>If I were you, I’d figure out some clever way to make sure I never stepped foot in this city again.
>I appreciate what you’re trying to do here, but you’ve got nothing that interests me. Scram.
>>
>>45996425
>You’d better crawl back into whatever hole you came from while you still can.
>>
>>45996425

"Don’t do it like this"
And here it is. He is here to turn us or kill/hurt us by this comment. The help is going to jump in I'm sure.

On the other hand I could be wrong, so
>But you’ve got nothing that interests me. Scram.

Send out monster, if he attacks have crabby use his glue acid spit on the doors to the store.
>>
>>45996425
>>If I were you, I’d figure out some clever way to make sure I never stepped foot in this city again.
>>
>>45996425
>Other (?)
Leave. Don't fight on his terms. Fight later on turf of your choosing.
>>
We really should just leave.
>>
>>45996425
>>Sudden attack. (Attack)
>>
>>45996425
>Other (Counteroffer)
You've said you ain't got a choice being here, but I got other related friends than just demons. Are you looking for a new line of work, Nabuth?
>>
“We’ve had this conversation before,” you tell him, finishing the payment for your gas. “You were afraid of Meckor and Isaac. You were afraid of everybody but me.” (+3 Fury: 23)

Nabuth smiles wryly. “Fear of the unknown with Hallow,” he says. “You? I know what you can do. Sorry if I don’t grovel – new suit. Just don’t expect Ushola’s heir-elect to be impressed. She’s a smart one. You two could be friends - you’re not invincible, kid. Just think about -”

You snort. “You’ve got nothing I’m interested in,” you say, mounting up on your bike. “If you show your face again, you know what’ll happen.” (+3 Fury: 26)

“Belititus’s Word, Sierra, you just keep pushing it,” he says, taking a step forward.

You hit the gas and zoom out from the station, leaving Nabuth and his cronies behind. He makes not move to stop you.

You ride unfettered through the night.

>Drop by Moriah’s.
>Drop by Wolf’s.
>Other (?)
>>
>>45997513
>Drop by Moriah’s.
Business before pleasure.
>>
>>45997513
>>Drop by Moriah’s.

I have a horrible suspicion we're going to regret this.
>>
>>45997513
>>Drop by Moriah’s.
i miss Best Goth
>>
>>45997513
>Drop by Moriah’s.
>>
>>45997513
>>Drop by Wolf’s.
It's time for HOT CUDDLING ACTION
>>
>>45997513
>Drop by Moriah’s.
The longer we put it off the worst it will be.
>>
>>45997513
>>Drop by Moriah’s
Time to face the music.
>>
>>45997513
>>Drop by Moriah’s.

We should call the court rat and tell him Nabuth is in town.

Also, kind of uncomfortable with how he knew where we were.
>>
We should have jumped him.
>>
>>45997863
Sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>45997863
Yes.
>>
>>45998172
I agree.
>>
>>45998172
Leaving him alive might lessen the hurt coming for us, if only temporarily. Our opponents value our mother's claim, so they might not kill us outright if they have alternate options available.
>>
I was actually sure he was going to jump us and we would kill him then. Why else would he bring a full crew, unless he was afraid of us killing him.
>>
Should have had Monster and Tiger follow them
>>
>>45998434
show of force? Maybe he thought we'd be intimidated by them.
>>
>>45998434
Why wouldn't he? It would be reckless not to, regardless of fears and hopes.
>>
You drive randomly for a few minutes, trying to shake off any unwanted followers you may have picked up recently. Only when you feel yourself unobserved on a particularly quiet side street do you feel ready to head to Moriah’s house.

Her car is the only one in the Crowther driveway when you pull onto the street. You drive up past it, utilize the secret garage codes to gain access to the ungainly gothic mansion. Supposedly, there’s a bunch of security magic on the place, but during your week-long stay after you got back from Canada that once, Mori got you hooked into the system.

You’re accustomed to coming and going as you please. You stash your bike in their strangely tidy garage, leaving your helmet with your wheels. You don’t know why the garage is so neat – it’s not like anybody uses it. But you guess when you have a huge house with a garden and sitting room, you don’t have to put all your junk where your car’s supposed to go.

Such thoughts distract you from your true purpose as you go on your search for Moriah. She could be asleep, but knowing her habits she’s up till midnight every night. Not knowing how she’ll react gets you worried, especially with Nabuth’s face floating in the back of your head. (+3 Stress: 9)

You knock on the wall as you head up the stairs to her room. “Hey! Thought I’d drop by and stuff,” you announce, unable to stop yourself from sneaking upwards. You cover the rest of the long wooden stairway to the top, where you meander down the hall past paintings to Moriah’s room. The familiar scents of dust, lavender, and old wood mingle in the air. (-1 Stress: 8)
>>
>>45998509

Peeking in with your sense-o-vision, you place Moriah at her desk, probably on her computer. Her silence tells you either that she is sulking, or that she’s in her own world.

A couple soft knocks gains you entrance to her room, where you lean in and see Moriah sitting where you expected, at her desk. Her thick pair of earphones rests over her head, and she types rapidly on her keyboard, her horns bobbing up and down with whatever music she’s blasting to herself.

She is in the zone. Also, she is oblivious to your presence.

>Hey!
>Initiate dramatic SFX.
>Creep up and spook her.
>Exit again and knock louder.
>Exit back to the bottom of the stairs and stomp your way toward her room.
>Say stuff (?)
>Other (?)
>>
>>45998609
I wish we could spook her but this is unfortunately a serious visit.
>>
>>45998609
>>Other (?)
Wave hi with your shadow from behind her computer.
>>
>>45998609
Sit in a dark corner in shadow mode and wait politely. It's not creepy at all.
>>
>>45998609
>Exit back to the bottom of the stairs and stomp your way toward her room.
>Initiate dramatic SFX.
>Hey!

No need to bully the one that we are about to tic off.
>>
>>45998609
>Initiate dramatic SFX.

Knocking until noticed is for losers.
>>
>>45998609
>Chill in the shdaows
>>
>>45998609
>>Other (?)
Ooh, Ooh! Close her door, and say our real name! Then knock.
>>
>>45998609
>>
>>45998639
>>45998738
Being dramatic isn't going to surprise or upset anyone that knows us, you know.
>>
>>45998609
>>Initiate dramatic SFX.
>>
>>45998808
I don't know how she feels about us right now. She thinks of us as a friend (at least), but we're involving ourselves in a massive struggle for power that might doom everyone close to us. I want to spook Moriah and hug her and play D&D together but it's not the time.
>>
>>45998609
>>Initiate dramatic SFX.
>>
>>45998896
If you don't trust her words from the threads,

>In the pastebin under relationships
>Sister Tier: Moriah
>>
>>45998609
>Initiate dramatic SFX.
>>
Mori wears a baggy navy sweater with stars on it – which reminds you that you never really got around to wearing the goth gear she picked out for you. There will be time for that later.

You start exerting your presence on the shadows of the room, making them waver in place. Then you sit tight, leaning in the doorway, until whenever it is she realizes something’s off. Moriah brought this upon herself, so you feel no guilt.

Mori takes note of the quivering shadows with concern, until she whips around and comes face to face with you. She jumps with surprise, but perhaps not as much if you had crept up behind her for an old-fashioned scaring.

She takes off her headset and runs her fingers through her hair to straighten it out. “Hey,” she croaks.

>How are you doing? Having an indoor day?
>So I’ve got good news and I’ve got bad news.
>Long story short, I kind of did the whole Lake Superior spirit thing.
>Guess who had to beat herself up in single combat?
>Thought I’d drop by, see what’s up.
>What’s that you’re writing?
>Other (?)
>>
>>45999157
>>How are you doing? Having an indoor day?
>>So I’ve got good news and I’ve got bad news.
>>Guess who had to beat herself up in single combat?
>>Long story short, I kind of did the whole Lake Superior spirit thing.
>>
>>45998609
>>Hey!
>>Initiate dramatic SFX.
>>
>>45999157
>>How are you doing? Having an indoor day?
>>So I’ve got good news and I’ve got bad news.
>>
>>45999157
>>
>>45999157
>>Thought I’d drop by, see what’s up.
>>
>How are you doing? Having an indoor day?>Thought I’d drop by, see what’s up.
>>
>>45999157
>>
File: Message_Recieved_YD_angry.gif (186 KB, 268x158) Image search: [Google]
Message_Recieved_YD_angry.gif
186 KB, 268x158
>>45999255
...fucking smartphones
>>
>>45999157
> hey. Have you ever seen a horror movie? You would be, like, totally demon food right now and how do you think that would make me feel.

> Fill her in on what's coming to town.

Mori should get together with Baron, they're both fucking useless with violence.

And there's about to be a lot of it.
>>
>>45999722
Mori has a fucking amazing murder spell that's better than anything Sierra has except for maybe throwing all her buffing things into a massively overcharged shadow blender crusher thing.
>>
So here's a thought I had. Could we use VoOTT in conjunction with our shadow tentacles to give them slashing damage?
Similarly, can we use VoOTT or a similar effect with fine enough control that we can scribe blood magic effects on ourselves hands-free?
I imagine doing that in combat would need a pretty hefty roll to get it right whole distracted, but the option to use the shadow of our sleeves to prep runes while we stall for time trading insults seems handy.

>>45999722
>they're both fucking useless with violence.
Sounds like somebody forgot about Mori's Death Ray.
>>
>>45999722
>Mori
>Useless

Anon.....
>>
>>46000101
>>46000067

Mori doesn't have a death ray/spell. She has a death AURA. She has to actively suppress it lest she kill literally everything around her (which is implied to be what killed her mother).

Basically, she's invulnerable in melee because she can just straight up make her opponent dead, but she's more-or-less fucked if the opponent has any ranged capability.
>>
>>46000101
I asked Lawnman about that forever ago and the answer was something vague that implied it would be very harmful to Sierra for her own shadow to be exposed to the VoOTT effect directly since the entire power relies on making shadows so pissed off and uncomfortable that they turn into blades
>>
>>46000186
We actually haven't seen her ever use it actively. Kinda curious now as to what would happen.
>>
You fall in and pull up the other chair near Mori’s desk. “Thought I’d drop by, see what’s up.” You gesture to her comfy clothes and computer. “Having an indoor day?”

She hesitates before answering. “I’m still catching up with things since we got back from our road adventure.”

Things probably means Mori’s internet RPGs. “When’s the next time we’re getting everybody together for a pen-and-paper adventure, anyway?”

“Sometime,” she replies vaguely. “Why?”

You shrug, and slouch into your chair. “Don’t know. Just... reminds me of the adventure I just got back from,” you say, trying to sound playful. “Guess who had to beat herself up in single combat?”

Moriah’s expression darkens. “What happened?”

“I uh. I kind of grabbed that well from the spirit by Lake Superior,” you say, scratching at the spines jutting out of the base of your neck.

A kind of disappointed, bitter feeling comes from Mori. “Oh.”

>I would’ve called but it... sort of just came up really fast.
>You didn’t miss much. Had to beat down an evil Sierra. She was a jerk.
>Yeah, I don’t really have any good excuses this time.
>Had to push plans, things are speeding up. Didn’t have time to do the research.
>It was Borisalv’s idea. I was telling him about the plan and he said just to go for it, so we did.
>Dad, Rax, and Borya came with me. They had my back, so. I was being safe, or whatever.
>If you’re pissed, okay. Fine. Lay it on me. I didn’t want to have to keep dumb secrets or whatever.
>Not a second too soon, either. I ran into one of Meckor’s old cronies on the way here.
>Other (?)
>>
>>46000186
Read her sheet, fuckhead. She has a spell that averages 32 damage per shot for 12mp

>Entropic Annihilation: Vents the whole of Moriah's inner magic in a particular direction, focusing it to a congruent ray. This energy accelerates entropy by several orders of magnitude in the area of effect, rusting through steel, breaking down plastic, and turning flesh to dust. While powerful, this depends on accuracy. This takes a great deal of focus - if Moriah's concentration is somehow broken during channeling, the energy will explode outward in an antilife pulse instead, though will only cost the corresponding amount of MP. Cost: 12 MP, Damage: 10+4d10, Type: Death, Range: 35 m
>>
>>46000241
I think she actually used it at the fishman town.
>>
>>46000256
>>Dad, Rax, and Borya came with me. They had my back, so. I was being safe, or whatever.
>Not a second too soon, either. I ran into one of Meckor’s old cronies on the way here.
>>
>>46000256
"And the Ushola's daughter is coming to take over, apparently."
>>
>>46000256
>>I would’ve called but it... sort of just came up really fast.
>>If you’re pissed, okay. Fine. Lay it on me. I didn’t want to have to keep dumb secrets or whatever.
>>Not a second too soon, either. I ran into one of Meckor’s old cronies on the way here.
>>
>>46000256
>Dad, Rax, and Borya came with me. They had my back, so. I was being safe, or whatever.
>If you’re pissed, okay. Fine. Lay it on me. I didn’t want to have to keep dumb secrets or whatever.
>Other (?)
"give you a free shot" pointing to chin "one free slugger right here"
>>
>>46000259
daaamn. Can I get a link to her character sheet? Can't find it in the pastebin.
>>
>>46000256
>It was Borisalv’s idea. I was telling him about the plan and he said just to go for it, so we did.
>Honestly I had no idea he could get two tons of copper delivered that quick.
>>
>>46000256
>On the bright side I don't think I have to go around hunting deer barehanded anymore
>>
>>46000259
Oh, huh. That kicks ass.

Where is Moriah's sheet, anyway? I've tried the link in thread 90 but it's never worked for whatever reason.
>>
>>46000256
>>Had to push plans, things are speeding up. Didn’t have time to do the research.
>>
>>46000368
Go dig up the Mori viewpoint thread, it's linked there.
>>
>>46000368
>>46000383
Click on the sierra sheet up top and then click on languid's account to see all his sheet . Mori is there
>>
>>46000374
Yes, definitely mention that no more bloodlust anymore. Fury yeah but its better
>>
>>46000067
Yeah, but she's still shit with violence and violent situations.
>>
>>46000256
>I would’ve called but it... sort of just came up really fast.

We have an excuse, just not a good one.

Emphasize that we needed to do this and we did it as cautiously as we could. Mention whatever kinda-sorta metaknowledge we may have regarding the fury meter replacing the bloodlust.

>>
>>46000422
>>46000400
Found it thanks, both of you.
>>
>>46000457
Yeah, but shes still not Baron-tier. She stops trying and everything around her dies.Baron stops and he becomes normie kebab
>>
I'll let everyone else vote so no matter what I'm in the right.
Questing 101
>>
>>46000523
Her necklace is a magic suppressant, so she'd have to take that off too.

I can just imagine if she ever had to kill somebody, she pulls it off and throws it at them and then lets go while they're distracted.
>>
>>46000383

Thread 90. Good times.
>>
>>46000701
That was a great thread.
I'm still amused by the guy who was wondering where the other 89 threads of Hellion Quest where, and why he couldn't find them in the archives.
>>
File: tmp_27374-waiting117005493.jpg (50 KB, 586x446) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27374-waiting117005493.jpg
50 KB, 586x446
>start talking about Mori's death powers
>thread dies
>>
>>45993084
Wasn't that one partially our fault?
>>
>>46001586
It's a sign.
Of what, only the gods know
>>
>>46001586
The lawn strikes early this year. Beware the ides of March.
>>
>>46001613
If a berserker enters a blood rage and kills his kin, is it his fault?

If a gun shoots another gun, is the bullet at fault, or the international arms trade?

At least I think the saying goes something like that.
>>
>>46001681
Not him, but we did rush ahead like a dumbass.
>>
>>46001661
The dead walk, the sky rains death, and Rome burns.
...But I gotta post this sweet ass fight scean.
>>
“I mean, Dad, Borya, and Rax were there too, so the bases were covered. I mean I was being safe or whatever,” you add quickly. “And it wasn’t a second too soon, either. I ran into one of Meckor’s old cronies on the way here. Nabuth? He said Ushola’s daughter is coming in.”

“You didn’t call,” says Moriah, frustration in her usually even voice.

“I should’ve called, okay? I’m dumb sometimes. So if you’re pissed, fine. Lay it on me,” you say, a little worried. (+3 Stress: 11) “I didn’t want to have to keep dumb secrets or whatever.”

Her anger breaks down into a brooding gloom. “It’s not good what you’re doing,” she says. “Magic’s not all an adventure. There’s bad things too. And even if Isaac or Ranthix think it’s okay, it’s not. They don’t know everything - especially with landmastery. You don’t know everything, either. You can’t keep... rushing on ahead like this.”

“I know,” you tell her, trying to sound sincere. You sound fake to your own ears, but you try to mean it. (+4 Stress: 15) “I’m just tight on options right now. Things are bearing down on us here, but I’m going to keep us safe.”

Moriah is not consoled. She picks the top book off a stack by her chair, and flips it open to a crudely depicted skeletal figure puppeting a helpless man. “This is what happens when you rush ahead,” she says. “Lagulagu, the Jester – he tricks people into giving up their souls.” She flips to another page, this one with a horrendous beast with a human arm jutting out of its mouth. “This is what shades can turn you into if you invite them in. What about the Superior spirit? What if it’s trying to steal your soul?”

She’s overreacting. You’re pretty sure you’d know if your soul was getting sucked. You’re the expert on soul-suckers. “It’s not like that,” you say. “The Great Lynx was kind of a jerk, and he made me fight a mimic of myself, but that’s not his style.”

“How do you know?” asks Moriah. “We didn’t even try to know its history beforehand.”
>>
>>46001586
>>
>>46001767

“I’m pretty sure its history is that it drown people who’re after its copper,” you remark. Isaac seemed pretty certain about it, anyway.

She lets out a breath. “That’s not very reassuring,” Mori says slowly. “I want you to be safe. But you make it so hard when you keep... being so reckless.”

“I’d rather be reckless than lay down and die,” you tell her.

Mori takes a moment to recompose herself, then replies in a flat voice, “You said Ushola’s daughter is coming. Which one?”

“She has more than one?” you ask.

“The countess has at least fifty children,” Moriah informs you. “Forty-seven sons and three daughters.”

Scratching Axos off the list? You guess that’s forty-six sons, now. Still’s a crap ton of sons. “Nabuth said something about the heir-elect?” you say, fishing for details.

A bottoming feeling of foreboding radiates from Mori. “That’s the youngest, Anatu-allatu,” she says.

You narrow your eyes. “Do you seriously know all their names?”

“Only the daughters,” demurs Moriah. “Stygian culture is matriarchal.”

“Well yeah. The girls are like ten times the size of the guys,” you say. You’re not sure if you should consider Stygia a victory for women or not. “What’s it about her then?”
>>
>>46001787

“She’s around fifty years old. Ushologuissa’s favorite. I don’t know much more besides that,” she replies. “Father would know. Have you told him?”

Mention of Mori’s dad reminds you of your sprained shadow. “I just found out like twenty minutes ago,” you say, idly rubbing your shoulder. “I’ll call Waldric up and tell him the news. He needs to know Nabuth’s back in town and he’s working with the bad guys.”

Moriah settles her heads in her hands. All this news seems to have worn her out.

> We slammed Meckor, we’ll slam these chumps too. Don’t worry.
>I should... probably go. I was going to check in on Wolf, make sure things are okay.
>This is me doing what I’m good at. You concentrate on doing what you’re good at.
>If this is anything like any of the other half-rotten plans Ushola puts into place, we’ve got this in the bag.
>I need you to be careful, Mori. These people, I think they’re watching me. They might be watching you, too.
>Other (?)
>>
>>46001823
>>This is me doing what I’m good at. You concentrate on doing what you’re good at.
>>If this is anything like any of the other half-rotten plans Ushola puts into place, we’ve got this in the bag
Need reassurance right now. Not more worry.
>>
>>46001681
Didn't he do some true name peace offering that we ignored?
>>
>>46001823
>>I need you to be careful, Mori. These people, I think they’re watching me. They might be watching you, too.
>>
>>46001870
Shh ahh yeah, that was a thing. I guess it's our fault after all.

>>46001823
>If this is anything like any of the other half-rotten plans Ushola puts into place, we’ve got this in the bag.
>I need you to be careful, Mori. These people, I think they’re watching me. They might be watching you, too.
>>
>>46001823
>>This is me doing what I’m good at. You concentrate on doing what you’re good at.
>>If this is anything like any of the other half-rotten plans Ushola puts into place, we’ve got this in the bag.

I feel like she needs a hug damnit Sierra
>>
File: 1421708923329.png (304 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1421708923329.png
304 KB, 500x500
>>46001861
>Not giving a friend need to know information.
>>
>>46001823
>This is me doing what I’m good at. You concentrate on doing what you’re good at.
Advise caution, yet reassure.
>>
>>46001861
>>46001989
This isn't us going "oh by the way the government is spying on you with the color red" it is us informing her a an actual threat that directly concerns her own personal safety.
>>
Hopefully they don't have any of that creepy scrying magic that the knights had. Or worse, time magic. Maybe they were just following us and teleported in somehow.

>>46002087
It's reasonable still, and she will probably put most of her trust in her family to keep her safe anyway.
>>
File: 1412072328551.jpg (35 KB, 416x396) Image search: [Google]
1412072328551.jpg
35 KB, 416x396
>>46002130
>probably
>>
You might be able to vomit fire and make people dance by puppeting the blood in their veins, but seeing Moriah’s gloominess makes you feel powerless. You don’t know what to do. (+3 Stress: 18)

You give it your best effort. “If this is anything like any of the other half-rotten plans Ushola tried to pull over on us, we’ve got this in the bag,” you say, attempting to reassure her. “I’m doing what I’m good at. You just... like. You concentrate on doing what you’re good at, Mori.”

Moriah’s mumbled reply is difficult to understand. “And what’s that?”

>Just... being you. Geeze. I don’t know, whatever you want.
>Being the smart person who knows everything and can tell me when I’m beings stupid.
>Catching up on your games and planning our next session. Managing things.
>Mastering the wraiths of the netherworld. That’s you, right?
>I don’t want to give it away. I don’t have all the answers anyway.
>Other (?)
>>
>>46002332
>Being the smart person who knows everything and can tell me when I’m beings stupid.
>>
>>46002332
>>Just... being you. Geeze. I don’t know, whatever you want.
>>
>>46002332
>>Being the smart person who knows everything and can tell me when I’m beings stupid.
>>
>>46002332
>>Being the smart person who knows everything and can tell me when I’m beings stupid.
then light heartedly
>Catching up on your games and planning our next session. Managing things.
>>
>>46002332
>>
50 children? How did the Ushola get so much D given to her? Don't stygian women eat their mates?
>>
>>46002130
> Mori death flag activated
>>
>>46002511
Gangbangs.
>>
>>46002511

Long life + rich and powerful + birth in litters.
>>
>>46002557
Do.. infernus or verwelkin birth in litters? Just.. asking because Serra is kind of a bitch.
>>
File: 1394965805157.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1394965805157.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>46002511
>stygian women eat their mates
>>
>>46002332
Stuff like what she's been doing. Research, knowledge about weird magical languages, like German.
>>
“Being the smart person who can call me out when I’m being stupid,” you say.

Your words lighten her mood a degree.

You become more serious then. “Mori, listen, I need you to be careful. These people, I think they’re watching me,” you tell her. “They might be watching you, too.”

“It’s like Meckor all over again,” she says to herself, that tiredness returning.

“No, it’s not,” you say. “I know what I’m doing this time, even if I don’t act like it. I just want you to be safe.”

“I’m always safe. I’m not the one who should be worrying.” Moriah looks up from her hands, her eyes dull. “Don’t do anything stupid, Sierra. You’re not allowed.”

“That’s the spirt,” you say, lightly kicking at her foot.

“You should call Waldric,” she tells you.

Yeah, you guess you should. You leave Mori to her business while you get the Baron on the line. He is not thrilled to hear the news.

--End Part 143--
>>
>>46002741
Why are we calling baron?
>>
>>46002769

The other baron.
>>
>>46002769
The Baron. Not normie mcCouldn't-handle-it.
>>
>>46002802
Poor Baron. Lost out to someone who completely out classes him. Wolf is older but not old, established in a good career path, isn't a pussy bitch, and is genuinely nice and Noble in both senses.
>>
>>46002741
Thanks for running boss.
>>
>>46002847
We still owe him for saving our life when we fell into the pool tho'. He may be a pussy. But he's still a decent guy.
>>
>>46002885
Funny that saving from drowning is pretty high up for Sierra
>>
>>46002918

It's no joke.
>>
File: tumblr_lzpykle8Nl1r41v7fo1_500.jpg (135 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzpykle8Nl1r41v7fo1_500.jpg
135 KB, 500x341
>>46002983
I know your fear
>>
>>46002741
Have a good night Languid!
>>
>>46002741
Thanks for running
Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.