[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: Greymane2.jpg (145 KB, 484x379) Image search: [Google]
Greymane2.jpg
145 KB, 484x379
new thread because everyone forgot before it died.

discuss the Warcraft setting and its viability vis-a-vis tabletop gaming

best Alliance leader edition
>>
>>45986146
>>where is warsong island
probably destroyed by Ner'zhul's portals
>>whats with the arakkoa summoning an old god
some sort of ill-defined void creature represented by C'thun's model because Blizzard is lazy
>>whats with the fucking maghar, why are they are so bellingerent for no reason, I thought orcs are dindus
I don't remember them being belligerent at all except towards fel orcs and the Alliance after they joined the Horde
>>the black citadel from TFT got split into hellfire citadel and black temple and absolutely NO ONE brings it up
it makes more sense for it to just be Hellfire since the Black Temple is really far away
>>illidan died in TFT yet lives here
the in-engine cutscene wasn't able to differentiate from him dying and being knocked unconcious
>>his forces also got wiped out in northrend but they are back in outland
he left a garrison behind
>>the entire backstory of the nether dragon creeps from TFT are retconned in
not really a problem
>>the "red world" mushroom hell draenor completley retconned in looks
stupid, but an entire expansion of Hellfire Peninsula would have been awful, the same reason they didn't use the Northrend tileset for all of Wrath
>>
>night elves adapted to nature magic
>high elves adapted to arcane magic
>blood elves adapted to fel magic
>new race of elves with their own shadow magic source
>identical to night elves but with darker skin and white hair
I expected more desu
>>
File: nightelf_by_UdonCrew.jpg (254 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
nightelf_by_UdonCrew.jpg
254 KB, 667x1000
>>45987207
Elves are, and always have been, inherently tied to magic.

They were dark trolls mutated by the waters of the Well of Eternity, which is blood of a nascent Titan, which is pure arcane power. They are incredibly sensitive to magic and can absorb it with ease, to the point where blood elves who have given up on fel energies will remain green-eyed for decades even if they go cold turkey and get their fix from the now-holy Sunwell.

Also
>expecting more from Blizz
You truly are an optimist, friend.
>>
>>45987207
the difference between Blood and High elves was just green eyes, but that was also a shorter period of time than the difference between Night Elves and Nightbourne or w/e they're called so it's probably just Blizzard being lazy

>tfw you realize that elves are so sensitive to magic because trolls adapt to their enviroment extremely well and elves are just magically mutated trolls

>>45987293
>and get their fix from the now-holy Sunwell.
glowing gold light elves when
>>
>>45986968
Thought we were talking about the island being claimed by the wars on on a zero th instead?

Brown orc I think should be green t but I don't think they should be brow as they all had exposure to the gel leaving behind their taint as far as I know
>>
File: Windrunner_Sisters.jpg (228 KB, 1152x818) Image search: [Google]
Windrunner_Sisters.jpg
228 KB, 1152x818
>>45987391
Actually, it turns out the reason high elves are smaller/paler than night elves is because they went without magic for a time- Withdrawal made them punier as a people, and even after getting some more of that sweet mana-juice from their new Sunwell, it didn't revitalize them completely. It did give them blue eyes, though.

As such, it wasn't the exposure to a new source of energy that turned them into High Elves, it was just that the Sunwell stopped their regression into Wretched.

As a result, the Highborne that formed Suramar had a much shorter timespan between when the Well of Eternity blew up to when they made the Nightwell. They didn't regress physically, and instead just gained the darker skin tones and purple eyes from the void energies of the Nightwell. Had it taken as long for them to make the Nightwell as it did for the other highborne to reach the Eastern Kingdoms and form the new Sunwell, they would probably resemble black or grey-skinned high elves instead.
>>
>>45987620
I don't remember there being an island called Warsong Island anywhere on Azeorth, I'm pretty sure he means the island that was between Shadowmoon and Hellfire but I forget what that was called
>>
>>45987686
I looked it up. The Warsong Clan inhabited an island in the ocean east of the Dark Portal on Draenor, this was indeed destroyed by Ner'zhul's portals along with the island Deathwing lived on and probably the ogre continent
>>
>>45987686
They're referring to the island where a bunch of undead orcs are endlessly fighting with one another. Gul'dan's loyalists (Stormreaver and Twilight's Hammer Clans) and the orcs that hunted Gul'dan down by Orgrim's command (Blackrock and Black Tooth Grin Clans).

Maybe they mistook Blackrock with Warsong.
>>
File: Draenor_color_PlayStation.jpg (124 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Draenor_color_PlayStation.jpg
124 KB, 640x480
>>45987686
It was just a random island with "Warsong Clan" written over it as in pic related.

>>45986968
>>45986146
Here's what I wrote up when the thread died:

>Draenei writefag from a couple threads back here. I pretty much agree, though I would incorporate elements from >>45982698, and I still hate the Naaru. Velen should just be a one-of-a-kind Eredar who jumpstarted a whole fortress full of refugees and as a consequence age about gorillion years, leaving him physically incapable of doing anything else but sit around and wheeze in between sentences. They then crashland on Draenor and because they're a unified faction instead of the warring orc-clans they become the dominant civilisation until Archimonde comes and wrecks their shit with orcish hateboners.

>As it stands, I actually hate most of how the "supernatural" is being illustrated in Warcraft, which is mostly related to powercreep which I think we all agree has put enormeous amounts of bullshit.

>The last vial could be the reason he still lived after being defeated at Icecrown? The vast arcane energy contained within may have been capable of supercharging a healing spell, thus mending Illidan before his life gave out completely. I mean we only see him fall unconscious or near-unconscious in the TFT ending cinematic.

>Mag'har shouldn't be a thing. Draenor was a globally radiated world and nothing should have been untouched.
>>
>>45987804
>>45987786
Oops. My mistake. I was thinking of the island surrounding the Tomb of Sargeras.
>>
>>45987804
that's the Tomb of Sargeras
>>
>>45987812
>draenor the red world
>both green and yellow
getting real' tired of these precons
>>
>>45987915
Frankly, I dig it.

Most of Draenor is still sandy, barrens-like steppeland. That one green area is probably all marshland and swamps.

Funnily enough, if you swapped bonechewers and bleedinghollow, the Bleeding Hollow would be seated in an area that is more befitting their depiction from WoD as jungle-orcs and Bonechewers would be neighbouring a whole area where they could chew tot heir heart's content.
>>
>>45988237
>Bonechewers live in Zangarmarsh
>in BC they're all east of HFC and Zangarmarsh has no fel orcs in it at all
>>
>>45987812
Where did the fortress come from their own magic tech?
>>
>>45987812
This seems like we are going full tilt with head cannon things to be honest we are already given the bits and pieces from the previous lore chunks so shouldn't we try to mend it so there is minimal head cannon? Granted a lot this seems pretty cool, but it doesn't sound right to me, why would the orcs who used to be warring tribes be able to pummel so many of the blue skins so easily and them just make it a slaughter fest when they drink the Kool aid ?

I rather liked the idea that the orca were tricked by gulden into the pact as he was posing as a shame and would have said these new sPiritz I met have something to turn the tables in our favor, drunk and be powerful my chieftains
>>
>>45989073
Back on Argus, yes.

That tech then got lost when they crashlanded and had to start over from scratch.
>>
>>45989195
And then the most knowledgeable guy in regards to eredar technology got offed by Othaar/Socrethar. THANKS, DICK.
>>
>>45986840
RP Server Shill:

Seriously, we need more lorefags interested in this, you can pay for a sub with in game gold now.
>>
>>45989453
Ehhhherrr. How much do I really need to get invested into RPing on these servers if I can't handle being near weeaboos and I can't be assed to get autistic about the lore right off the bat?
>>
>>45989172
Look, at the basis we still got Draenei being a foreign species. What we're trying here is to find a way to combine modern lore with that quote from the Warcraft 3 manual describing them as "inquisitive" and "building crude cities". That will inevitable require quite some headcanon because we're trying to form a coherent lore from two opposing points of reference.

We can still have orcs and draenei be largely peaceful or indifferent to eachother, but as I see it Draenei should have had at least some major cultural influence because why the fuck would Orcs call their homeland "Draenor" when it's basically just the Draenei's term for a refuge?

And the "warring orc clans" is more a refinement of the inter-clan relationships than a description of attacks vs. draenei. Tribal societies and large extended families with a nomadic lifestyle usually end up warring with eachother over territory and food (or whatever other reason comes up, really).

Looking at it now, I admit I may have exagerated. Not all clans were described as warlike, afterall, and so there's definitely the option for a wide variety of behaviour from clan to clan.

It may very well be, however, that the most competetive clans ended up being the most dominant and influental and those clans would likely have had some past conflicts with Draenei, which would definitely have put some resentments into their consciousness. This resentment would then again have been an exploitable weakpoint for Gul'Dan / Ner'Zhul to convince them to drink the Kool Aid and attack the Draenei homes.

All in all I am just trying to make sense of the mostly empty timeline since the Draenei's arrival on Draenor in a way that has both races interact but also explain that the Orcs used to be a socially diverse race before the first Horde was formed and streamlined all the clans.
>>
File: commission__family_by_fadedkind.jpg (299 KB, 627x721) Image search: [Google]
commission__family_by_fadedkind.jpg
299 KB, 627x721
>>45989373
Not adding anything. I just think these pictures of draenei families are really cute.
>>
File: commission__father_by_fadedkind.jpg (196 KB, 516x709) Image search: [Google]
commission__father_by_fadedkind.jpg
196 KB, 516x709
>>45989844
And 1 last one.
>>
>>45989453
>WoW RP-server
>All the power emoting
>The barely concealed ERP
>The near unbearable range of quality from abyssmal to godlike, with the former being a majority
>The inconsistency of powerlevel from the characters, ranging from dirtfarm peasants to deviantArt tiers of OC

God it was so much fun, but I'm never going back to that game. I think it would actually be a bad idea if a bunch of lore-critics tried to play on an RP-Server in an environment that's exactly debated by those lore-critics.
>>
>>45989844
>>45989880
youre a fucking psycho in real life. i hope authorities track you down
>>
File: LiLi_JadeSerpent.png (617 KB, 900x970) Image search: [Google]
LiLi_JadeSerpent.png
617 KB, 900x970
>>45989903
>All the power emoting
Not sure I know what this means. Just emoting powers, like shaman casually summoning lightning, or what?

>The barely concealed ERP
I never found that to be an issue anywhere but Moan Guard. Not to say that people didn't have some overt descriptions of their characters, but very few had anything that was like, "scroll down for my kinks".
It threw me off my groove when I encountered them in the wild, though. Keep them quarantined in Goldshire.

>The inconsistency of powerlevel from the characters, ranging from dirtfarm peasants to deviantArt tiers of OC
I once found a group of players that got together and made a bunch of orcish peons that came to Orgrimmar to demand better rights for peons, even though they had little to no idea what that entailed- someone just told them that peons are treated bad and should get more for what they do.

They ended up getting a pittance from the nearby adventurers who felt sorry for them and they were pleased with this.

One ended up getting taken in by a warrior who told them that if they wanted more, they'd have to learn to fight, so now there's peon-turned-grunt RPer floating around, being dumb and affable. That was one of my good experiences.
>>
>>45987812
Pretty sure the last vial was used by Illidan in the Black Temple, creating a font of arcane energy. In the green fire quest I believe they showed he was using it to give demons the option to leave the Legion and join him instead, because access to del magic to feed their addiction is one of the main holds the Legion has. Dunno how much WoW lore you want to use but I thought that it was neat.

Of course I could be wrong and there's still another vial up in the air somewhere.
>>
File: draenei_protector.jpg (139 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
draenei_protector.jpg
139 KB, 1000x800
>>45990073

You'll never catch me.
Dioniss aca.
>>
I always liked the draenei because they brought something relatively unique to Warcraft, which is dominated by pop culture fantasy tropes. It's criminal how underused they are.

What do you think warcraft would be like if the draenei actually had influence and agency? What would it be like if more than just orcs mattered?
>>
>>45990154
I'm sure you're aware of the /em command?

In some instances, people would describe whole barfights with
>/em lashes out at [other characer]

I actually came across one such instance in Silvermoon after the release of BC where a bunch of Orcs and blood elves were having some sort of extensive martial art fight at the inn.
>>
>>45989710
>What we're trying here is to find a way to combine modern lore with that quote from the Warcraft 3 manual describing them as "inquisitive" and "building crude cities".
consider the following:
Argus was a high tech planet beyond our own level of technology and anything else in Warcraft canon. The Draenei were forced to pack up and flee on a moment's notice, presumably very few of them had significant wilderness survival skills and were dependent on Oshu'gun for survival, when it crashed they were forced to confront their reliance on the comforts of home, *inquisitively* learning from the orcs and ogres, and *building crude cities* out of wreckage and native materials they have little experience with
>>
>>45990315
TBQF with you, the visual concept of Draenei/Eredar seems largely inspired by Dungeons and Dragons' Tieflings. Socially, they definitely had a unique twist, but it is arguably whether this twist was good for the setting. I feel like it was the introduction of an entire species of space-faring supersorcerors that began a trend of "it needs to be more outrageous than whatever we've seen before no matter the consequences!" that would lead to the abominable power creep of later expansions.

Apart from that, I think Draenei would actually be very "behind-the-scenes"-ish. They are, after all, heavily outmatched in numbers and their strongest weapon is still magic. They'd probably use the other races as puppet factions and unwitting auxiliaries while enacting the role of wise councellor.

>>45990430
That's basically what I believed was the point of the poster I quoted and other contributors who came up with the concept of crashlanding draenei, first.
>>
File: CivilizationBeyondEarthSoldiers.jpg (130 KB, 680x332) Image search: [Google]
CivilizationBeyondEarthSoldiers.jpg
130 KB, 680x332
>>45990430
>>45990631
So basically Civ:BE Draenei Edition?

I can dig it.
>>
File: rjM9lVa.jpg (129 KB, 900x712) Image search: [Google]
rjM9lVa.jpg
129 KB, 900x712
>>45990631
I love(d) tieflings, I love magic crystals, and I love the "wise elder race" tropes.
Draenei hit a lot of checkboxes for me.

My only complaint is lack of control in appearance (but that goes for WoW in general), i.e. option for longer tails for females, not looking like big blue refrigerators for males, etc.

If you look at it on a one-on-one perspective, draenei are just better than humans. They're stronger, smarter, larger, arguably more durable (thanks to hardened dermal ridges), and as proven by their rangari, not inherently slow or non-dexterous either. They also tend to be more faithful on average, calling upon gifts of the Light that were reserved for only the most pious of humans until recent years. And they don't give up- they've been hounded endlessly by the Legion and beaten to the point of near-extinction, but they still fight on.

They come across as Mary Sues when you take the "almost genocided" part out of the equation, but I still love the blue spacegoats.
>>
>>45990928
idk mayne, warcraft humans seem to be insanely strong superheroes, i always get this vibe from them
>>
>>45991105
Probably has something to do with being descendants of Super-Vikings who are in turn descendants of beings forged by the Titans.

They're probably tougher than "actual" Humans.
>>
>>45991105
>>45991179
Based in unreasonable powercreep, please disregard.
>>
>>45991105
>>45991179
>>45991209

It was mentioned somewhere (I want to say the original human intro) that humans having short lives gives many of them a drive to leave their mark on the world, which is probably why they tend to be the center of a lot of historical events. They are, consciously or subconsciously, aware of their mortality and limitations, especially compared to other races on Azeroth these days, which in a weird way makes them very exceptional.
>>
>>45990928
they're more light-attuned than humans, sturdier than dwarves, more technologically advanced than gnomes, wiser and more ancient than night elves.

they single-handedly outshine every other alliance race combined while stealing away each other races unique talents. there's a reason they're never used for anything in the lore alliance-wise.
>>
>>45991105
That's just their heroes- those above and beyond the normal ken of humanity.

Khadgar himself said that he and others like him (Jaina, Medivh, Antonidas) are an exception to the rule, and that races like high/blood elves and draenei have superior magi most of the time.

Likewise, your average ogre or tauren could snap your average human in half by accident, but a heroic individual like Lothar or Varian could take a giant club to the chest and get back up to keep fighting.

It's the fact that they're able to stand toe-to-toe with these things that should be obliterating them that makes them special, why they're heroes greater than most of mankind. But set your average knight against your average draenei vindicator, and that knight is going to get flattened by a hundred pounds of crystalline hammer and righteous fury.

Apparently I have no pictures of Khadgar. Have Medivh instead.
>>
>>45991349
how the fuck have humans estabilished entire kingdoms in this world if every other race has an advantage over them?
>>
>>45991409
youre forgetting that all the humans in warcraft are white people so they can actually accomplish things
>>
>>45991105
>insanely strong superheroes
The heroes, sure, but a random footman will get his ass kicked by an orc grunt in 1v1.
>>
>>45991409

This >>45991233

And also, due to their shorter lifespans, humans reproduce considerably more than most of the other races, which gives them an advantage in spreading out their domains.

Also, it was mentioned that when the elves first taught humans how to use magic, the elves were astounded by how easily and quickly humans managed to master it. It could be partly elvish condescension, but could also easily be the above.

Probably the most central trait of Warcraft humans is ambition.
>>
>>45991409
because until the arrival of the Horde, the only race that was actively hostile to them were the trolls, who mostly got their shit pushed in by human and elven mages until WC2 started and the brutally cunning Orgrim allied with the cunningly brutal Zul'jin
>>
Does anyone had pdfs of some of the novels? I've been looking for a pdf of the Paragons novel.
>>
File: 5X4Ex0f.jpg (278 KB, 1532x2048) Image search: [Google]
5X4Ex0f.jpg
278 KB, 1532x2048
>>45991409
Ultimately, a race being ubiquitous depends on how well it can survive in new environments and how well they can propagate.

It took the Quel'dorei nearly 10,000 years to fill Quel'thalas. That is a relatively small parcel of land compared to what humans occupied. This seems to imply that elven reproduction is markedly lower than humans, especially considering their magic helps counter many natural diseases that would be the death of entire communities in mankind.

We branch out and explore, whereas the elves had no desire to claim dominion over what they saw as their sacred home. Anything that didn't have elves or dwarves in it, humans laid claim to (much to the trolls' chagrin).

When you don't have the best mages or the strongest fighters, your strength is in numbers, and to supply and expand those numbers, you need more food, more land, and more holdings.

The only race really contesting human rule in any given location were trolls, and they never recovered from the Troll Wars when the first human magi found out that trolls are very flammable.
>pic related
>>
File: 147076073453459765.jpg (191 KB, 1200x1391) Image search: [Google]
147076073453459765.jpg
191 KB, 1200x1391
>>45986840
list all acceptable race/class combos:

>Male Human Mage
>Male Human Paladin
>Male Human Warrior
>Male Human Rogue
>Male Human Priest
>Male Human Hunter
>Male Human Death Knight
>Male Human Warlock
>Male Dwarf Warrior

all i can think of
>>
>>45992035
Acceptable in mechanics or lore/roleplaying?
>>
>>45992056
lore
>>
>>45992111
Just videogame classes or also tabletop ones?
>>
>>45991409
Well, at first they literally had a Titanic construct on their side. You know, Tyr.

Then they had the numbers under Thoradin (plus High Elf allies) to take down the Trolls.

After that, who could really oppose them in the Eastern Kingdoms? Murlocs? Kobolds?
>>
>>45992035
>>45992111
>Lore
>Dividing people into classes

Disgusting

And though it is true that, once you choose a profession, you earn a specific set of skills, which hypothetically makes you eligible to be labelled as a "class", but the truth is that, based on your society, your homeland's geographical situation and your personal circumstances, a profession can involve quite a range of differing skills from any other person next to the basics that roughly define your profession.

This is even more true of classes, where a "warrior" could mean the rank-and-file soldier of a professional military, a man of age and proven skill from a tribal society who most people would call "barbarian", a duelist from a noble background or a militia levy.

Same applies to "priests", where they're either military chaplains, cult-leaders, pastors of a religious community or member of a clerical circle that acts inbetween tribal societies.

Shamans could be priests, Druids could be priests, and just as well could those two be considered mages.
>>
>>45989710
>>45990881
>>45990430
Cool so we're agreed on the fact that Dreanai and Eredar used to be the same, when they arrived they went from being at the top of the food chain with their tech, moved and didn't have ANY survival skills and had to make due with the materials at hand making the stuff they made look pretty crude and simplistic.

Well then I think I found our reason why the two would be keeping their distance, their entire life stlyes are contridactory to each other. Orc were nomads and tribes that followed food, maybe did some harvesting of the local food stuffs. The Dreanai however would be agriculturalists who stay in one place and claim that place as their own. So whenever a herd of food comes along the two would wind up arguing over it potentially, not to mention you have to remember how Drek'Thar of all orcs reacted when Velen had suggested that the Orc's sacred site at Oshu'gun was Draenai to begin with. Drek'Thar literally went full inquistor at Velen and would have incited the warriors there to kill the heretic.
>>
>>45992954
Basically, yes.
>>
Apparently Reign of Chaos is getting a patch on Tuesday, for some reason.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166813-Warcraft-III-Reign-of-Chaos-Patch-1-27-Coming-March-15

It doesn't really say what the patch will do, though.
>>
>>45993522
Meh. I'm still waiting on that mod of SC2 that recreates all of WC3.
>>
File: wat.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>45993522
.... but why?
>>
>>45993616
Probably like the recent D2 patch, it's just optimizing it for newer systems.
>>
>>45991775
Got any more pictures like this?
>>
>>45993522
That's neat, but question for you fine gentlemen, what system would be best for hosting a warcraft game? I'm tempted to do GURPS, but I've never really used it nor any system before that is sorta official or anything.
>>
>>45994842
A few suggestions have been tossed around, from DnD 4th, Pathfinder, and Iron Kingdoms.
>>
>>45994842
Log Horizon.

If it was fucking translated
>>
File: 1453666213958.png (210 KB, 840x952) Image search: [Google]
1453666213958.png
210 KB, 840x952
here's something I haven't seen pop up in any of these seemingly abundant Warcraft Lore threads.

Nerubians. What do you think of WC's brand of spider people, their Scourging, and the underground civilization that we barely scratched the surface of in Wrath of the Lich King?
>>
File: Zuldazar.jpg (683 KB, 1350x1837) Image search: [Google]
Zuldazar.jpg
683 KB, 1350x1837
>>45994622
Only saved a couple from the previews.
>>
>>45992111
>orc warrior
>orc shaman
>orc warlock
>troll hunter
>troll rogue
>troll shaman
>troll warlock
>tauren warrior
>tauren druid
>tauren shaman
>tauren hunter
>forsaken rogue
>forsaken warlock
>forsaken mage
>blood elf paladin
>blood elf mage
>blood elf warlock
>blood elf priest

>dwarf hunter
>night elf hunter
>night elf druid
>night elf rogue
>night elf priest
>gnome rogue
>gnome mage
>draenei paladin
>draenei priest
>draenei warrior
>>
File: Karazhan.jpg (629 KB, 1350x1837) Image search: [Google]
Karazhan.jpg
629 KB, 1350x1837
>>45994622
>>45994977
double dubs. I dig it.
>>
File: Zin-Azshari.jpg (1 MB, 2700x1800) Image search: [Google]
Zin-Azshari.jpg
1 MB, 2700x1800
>>45994622
Despite the filename, I'm unsure if this is Zin-Azshari or if it's the somewhere in Quel'thalas. I dunno. Maybe it's Suramar before the Sundering.
>>
>>45995030
its quel
>>
File: Sargeras.jpg (160 KB, 745x991) Image search: [Google]
Sargeras.jpg
160 KB, 745x991
>>45994622
Last one I got from the Chronicles book.

Pre-Burning-Legion Sargeras destroying an Old-God-infested world with a nascent Titan in it, for fear of it being corrupted.
>>
So is it worth getting into wow for the role play aspect? Or is it simply too late and i'll end up feeling out of the loop and not as immersed in the experience as I might have had i started playing years ago?
>>
>>45995209
depends on the server desu
WrA seems good.
>>
File: 2Dxfu2A.jpg (73 KB, 960x792) Image search: [Google]
2Dxfu2A.jpg
73 KB, 960x792
>>45995294
WrA is probably the best one going right now, because it's got a decent enough population that you can find RP just by walking up to people.

RP addons are a must though, so you can easily identify people (and more importantly, avoid them if they've got 12 pages of backstory and 10 pages of description in their profile, because they're as self-absorbed as humanly possible).
>>
>>45992883
It is true that it would never be so clear take a troll priest of a Hakkar. One at first glance may say it is a priest however they touch on many archetypes in WoW.
>Priest: Reverence to a god
>Shaman: Speaking with the loa is communing with spirits.
>Druid: They take shape of the loa they are pact bound too.
>Rogue: Stealth is business of survival and getting rank in the temple
>Warlock: They world dark magic and have been known to summon demons.

When translating WoW to warcraft tabletop greater creativity should be used to fill in the mechanics. Other class concepts are strictly absent like a artificer that would exist b for gnomes, goblins draenei and blood elves.
>>
>>45994932
I'm pretty upset that their zone/raid got cut.
>>
>>45995395
I am curious.
before I resub, does WrA look down upon characters that are from another game universe if it is done tastefully?
>>
>>45996144
Why would you do that?
>>
>>45996403
because every time I RP everyone around me is a half elf half dragon snowflek.
>>
>>45996437
I'm not really seeing the correlation, aside from both being ridiculous concepts.
>>
>>45996496
I just want to see how much I can bring a ridiculous concept down to earth.
>>
File: deathlywedding_yaorenwo.jpg (247 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
deathlywedding_yaorenwo.jpg
247 KB, 1440x900
>>45996144
The problem is that it can't really be "done tastefully". The moment you bring a legit drow assassin or Battle-Priest of Sigmar or whatever-the-hell-else into Azeroth, you're taking a dump on the established lore because there is no connection to those universes. You can make characters -like- those things (i.e. blood elf assassin, militant Paladin of the Light), but drawing a character from an outside universe into any other can't be done well unless there's already an established paradigm.

In short, don't do it.
>>
>>45995005
Troll Priest? Shit they were among the most useful mercenqries in WC3 and Witch doctors were half priest half shaman anyhow.
>>
>>45996565

Bugger.

I had it all planned out too.
>>
File: 1365337603923.png (102 KB, 277x299) Image search: [Google]
1365337603923.png
102 KB, 277x299
>>45996565
>>45996144
Lol HotS is wierdly kinda cannon.

Diablo
Star Craft
Other timeline on Azeroth

Super crack cannon there are skins in HotS that refer to IRL earth.
>>
File: Cordana and Kadgar.jpg (132 KB, 532x820) Image search: [Google]
Cordana and Kadgar.jpg
132 KB, 532x820
>>45991349
>Apparently I have no pictures of Khadgar. Have Medivh instead.

here.

I wonder if there is any good smut with those two.
>>
>>45996952
>IRL earth
Earth has always existed in the Starcraft setting, so it wouldn't be out of place on SC stuff.
>>
>>45995395
Is WrA short for something and are we talking private servers here?
>>
>>45995005
>no night elf warriors.

Pretty sure the average night elf female can easily overpower the average human male. They have Calvary units as well.
>>
>>45997476
Wyrmrest Accord
>>
>>45997476
Wyrmrest Accord, and no.
>>
>>45991292
Yeah but Gnomes are garbage and Night Elves are dumb hippies.
>>
>>45997523
>gnomes are garbage
holla at dat
>>
File: spicy_bommie_by_anzka-d88xiy7.png (1 MB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
spicy_bommie_by_anzka-d88xiy7.png
1 MB, 800x960
>>45997555

Hey.

Shuddap.
>>
>>45997651
gnome females are kinda qt but the race as a whole is like pandaren. a joke taken too far. i feel like a large portion of the gnome fanbase are people who saw them and picked them ironically (NO WAY , HE'S ALL TINY AND SHIT. IMA SHREK PEOPLE AS A TINY MIDGET!!!) or people who can't bring themselves to hate anything blizz conceives.
>>
>>45997762
Honestly, all they need is to be written as more serious scientists. Take away the stupid steampunk look, the unnecessary gears, the stupid names, and all the "goofy" quirks. Maybe inject a little bit of Vulcan into their culture, too
>>
One thing that saddens me about WoW is how samey all the race/class combos are nowadays.

I mean, I understand from a gaming/balance viewpoint why it's necessary, but WCIII had fairly varied units between each race: a dwarven rifleman is not the same as a night elf archer or a troll spear thrower, but in WoW, they're all just hunters. In WoW, I love the shaman/druid cosmetic racial differences, but I loved the early race-specific Priest skills even more, and I was sad that they were removed.

So here's a challenge for you guys: ignoring any worries about game balance, what race-specific class skills would you add to the game? For instance, how would you set apart a troll priest from a blood elf priest, or a goblin warrior from a draenei warrior, or a night elf druid from a tauren druid?
>>
>>45989560
Not much at all, think of it like a simple lvl 1 character creation process in D&D, you'd think of an origin, character concept, and some traits.
>>
File: fanart-1008-full.jpg (333 KB, 1069x654) Image search: [Google]
fanart-1008-full.jpg
333 KB, 1069x654
>>45997762
Admittedly, I'm mostly the former.

That said, I RP my gnome as a very sensible sort of coward that knows if they face against something 20x their size, they will be pancaked, so they mostly sneak around and play the role of 'treasure hunter'.

Besides, a knife or bullet in the neck will kill you just as much whether it's from a human or a gnome. It's just a matter of how the gnome would get up that high, in the case of the knife.

I'm also amused by the idea of a dying orc getting taken down by a gnome only to collapse in the dirt, groaning out their last words of: "This is... buuull shiiiit..."
>>
>>45997762
What do you have against small heroes?

I always felt it made them more heroic, when everything is giant compared to you, being able and willing to stand toe-to-toe against them is more difficult and therefore more impressive
>>
>>45997490
This is precisely what I ment here >>45992883

From a lore perspective, the Night Elven military could be warriors, barbarians, hunters or a form of militarised rogue of sorts.

Personally I would say they're "Scouts" from the WoW rpg (downloaded the pdfs today for giggles and skimmed the classes) if we focused on their military make up in Warcraft 3. But really, everything comes down to circumstance. Night Elf forces in Ashenvale probably have different equipment than Darkshore, and those deployed as foraging forces into the barrens and stonetalon mountains will have a completely different equipment from either these two forces.

What we have seen ingame is just a representation because it's more cost efficient to place model a or b with a colourswap in thr game than completely redesign them for a one-off character.
>>
>>45998075
Jesus Christ you must be the most gloomy fucking person on the planet.

>>45998168
I would not fuck with it in the Video game, but I'd gladly fuck with it in a PnP, opening up a lot more of the racial NPC classes to be playable either as classes of their own, or multiclass overlaps in a multiclass-friendly game.
>>
>>45986840
Anyone else thinking 'wtf' with the chronicles lore?

Sargeras being no longer corrupted, the Void Lords are the new BBEG, as theyre the literal opposite of the Light?

Sargeras wants to rekt Azeroth to prevent its eventual corruption, using the Burning Legion to do so. He's honestly just arthas at this point, wanting to wield an ancient evil for good.

You guys think we'll ever see the 'real' creator of the setting, being that Light and Shadow are just opposing sides?

Gives me an Alpha Legion vibe, side the Arch traitor Sargeras to defeat 'chaos' for all, or let it slowly win if you kill 'Horus'
>>
>>45998168
make certain cosmetic changes so that they get unique looking perks for using their racial weapons.
>>
>>45998168
>So here's a challenge for you guys: ignoring any worries about game balance, what race-specific class skills would you add to the game? For instance, how would you set apart a troll priest from a blood elf priest, or a goblin warrior from a draenei warrior, or a night elf druid from a tauren druid?
Troll priest would be adorned in fetishes and appear more akin to a shaman/witch doctor than someone in pristine white robes, wielding a golden staff, as the blood elf would. The troll's eyes would be alight with some magic hallucinogens that enhance their connection to the Loa, letting them tap into the spirit realm more freely. Their powers would appear shadowy and dark, though mend the flesh as it may, the Loa never give something for nothing. The blood elf, meanwhile, would either be connected to the gloriously incandescent Sunwell or the Light itself, depending on their point of view.

The goblin would be clad in mechanized armor to enhance their strength, so that blow with their sledgehammer really rattles the bones of the guy they're trying to smash the legs of. They'd need a mechanical edge to stand toe-to-toe with the big brutes like orcs, tauren, and draenei. The draenei, meanwhile, is just a bulwark of metal and draenic crystalwork, using his skill and brute force to take down enemies (and faith in the Light).

Nelf druids would still be organized into their respective castes (Talon for stormcrow form, Claw for bear form, Fang for saber form, ____ for tree-form/heal-focus). Tauren would have no shapeshifting, but could gain more subtle boons of the animal spirits more freely and would be the ones with focus on the sun.
>>
File: vicious_grell_lg.jpg (51 KB, 320x448) Image search: [Google]
vicious_grell_lg.jpg
51 KB, 320x448
>>45998354
The better question is: Who ISN'T thinking that?

Other than people who have to protect their insider status like Nobbel who now gets advance copies of books.
>>
File: pantheon.jpg (1 MB, 2550x1598) Image search: [Google]
pantheon.jpg
1 MB, 2550x1598
>>45998354
I prefer Sargeras having a semi-legitimate reason and falling prey to fear and doubt over the possibility of such a dark occurrence rather than, "lol nathrezim or eredar got him super dark and twisty 'cause dey so evil".
What I really dislike about it is that he completely annihilated the Pantheon off-screen. These godlike figures we've heard about in lore and suddenly they're all gone, save for a fragment of Aman'thul's soul.

In the end, though, if Sargeras were to succeed, the Void Lords would be laughing- because he will have killed the last chance of the universe defeating them by cleaving Azeroth in two, and will have brought the universe to chaos and eventual entropy and nothingness, and without any other world-shaping Titans around to bring light back into the universe, it'd just be madness and pain until the end of time.
>>
>>45996952
Hots skins have neat little stories to them
>>
>>45998075
Remember they literally never left for the above ground until the loss of Gnomeragon. That to me speaks volumes of a timid culture that had great fear. Worth fear in most people comes the specture of racism and racial supremacy. Gnomes are known for their racial pride. Perhaps even the querks expressed are mearly a manifestation of their social incompetence .

The dangerour rate to which they produce inventions may also speak of the same insecurity brought to light. Their Dwarven cousins experience great bloodshed in wars. They are known to boast. The gnomes as a people being cowardly seek protection from this that in the armies of the Bronzebeards as tribute they offer their machines. To keep this precieved utility they produce them at dangerous rates.

That would make gnomes a race of troubled geniuses filled with pride but, unable to properly deal with the outside world.

Or you know just wacky lawn gnomes.
>>
>>45998395
>some magic hallucinogens
Shamans are almost perpetually baked out of their minds, both in reality and (conceivably) in Warcraft. When I was into WoW RP and looked this up, my troll shamanka kept a healthy cannabis supply on her person so as to assist with visions. She even used the smoke to assist with storytime once or twice.
>>
>>45998075
But that's missing the point of gnomes. Gnomes are culturally defined by two personality traits: curiosity and optimism. They always try to stay on the bright side of things, and like goblins, they will often try shit just to see if it works (in more controlled circumstances compared to goblins). They are, for all intents and purposes, the most technologically advanced mortal race in the world. They simply don't match the dwarves when it comes to raw industry, however.
>>
>>45998617
They ought to read the short story for Mekkatorque.

Gnomes have been through some shit- just as much as anyone else. Them becoming serious wouldn't alleviate their status as a "joke race"- it's just because of their size and appearance. If they suddenly started acting grittier and losing what makes them gnomes, they'd be unappealing both to the people who liked them before and the ones that dislike them now just because they -look- silly.

Mind you, these are mostly the people who swear by only playing worgen, blood elves, and undead.
>>
>>45998763
A gnome DK who thinks of their now free unlife as both a chance to make up for whatever they did while in the Scourge AND a grand new adventure could be fun.
>>
>>45998168
Oh, this is PARTICULARLY egregious when it comes to Paladins.

You've got the Silver Hand "yo what if we gave Priests hammers/what if we got soldiers to go all LUX VULT" lumped in with "MUH JUSTICE " Vindicators, (former) Naaru addict Blood Knights, and Sun Druid Sunwalkers.

So basically you've got four separate Paladin traditions all mashed into one homogenized class.

How to fix this? Maybe pull a lot of discarded mechanics out of the trash. Old buffs divvied out among them maybe? Blood Knights could do something with "WE ARE STEALING OUR POWERS" if they hadn't moved on from that lore. Sunwalkers DEFINITELY shouldn't share the same abilities.
>>
>>45998763
The shortstack races in general don't get as much of a fair shake as they should. The gnomes because they appear childlike, and the goblins because they're volatile and lack restraint.

>>45998829
>This? This isn't damnation.
>This is...a new set of variables.
>>
>>45998617
>curiosity and optimism
Sure, but when I hear "curiosity," "optimism," and "scientist," I think Star Trek or the space race, not "cogfop joke faction on silly ostrich robots." You have to admit, WoW has gone a bit overboard with making goblins and gnomes the comic relief. The Mekkatorque story and Gnomeregan story arc were great, though. I just want them to feel less like joke receptacles.
>>
>>45998835
The secret is refluffing everything so that it all sounds different. Humans and draenei use the Light in the conventional sense, blood elves use the Sunwell, and tauren use the sun itself.

Blood elves and tauren would regularly get into competitions about who is the most gloriously incandescent.
>>
>>45998354

>You guys think we'll ever see the 'real' creator of the setting

Its probably the Cow King.
>>
>>45998901
The difference between humans and draenei would be minor variations in their traditions. Mostly, it'd be the fact that draenei have a 10,000-year head start on Light worship than the humans.
>>
>>45998168
Starting with Warrior class:
>Human Warrior
Humans have probably the longest standing tradition of a nationally maintaindd army right after dwarves. Military ranks and strong sense of hierarchy ensure that all the wheels in the clockwork run smoothly and a strong sensr of comraderie unites a squad of infantry. Human warriors get a battlecry that stacks up to xx times and increases defenses.

>Dwarf warrior
Though equally militarised, the true strength of a dwarf lies in his natural stubborness and resilience. They get an active ability that reduces the duration of currently applied debuffs to them.

>Gnome Warriors
Due to their rather fragile physics, Gnomes have developed battletactics where they soften up a target from afar and only engage to deliver the killing blow. Gnome warriors get proficiency with firearms and a firesalvo skill.

>Night Elf warrior
The Sentinels are naturally skirmishers and do not often fight in closed ranks. The stay mobile and outmanoeuvre potential targets and whittle it down before going for the kill. NE warriors get a retreat skill that they can use in tandem with their charge ability. It costs a tiny amount of fury, but because you'rr still in combat, your fury doesn't degenerate.

>Draenei warrior
Weapon attacks can be magically charged to deal high burst damage on the next hit.

>Worgen warrior
Embracing their bestial nature, Worgen have understood the importance for fast and brutal assault. Their charge is replaced with a pounce attack that deals additional damage and has a chance to cause bleed in addition to the obligatory stun.

That's my take on the alliance so far.
>>
>>45998617
Joke's on you, my Gnomelock is a pessimistic luddite edgelord
>>
File: 1410212222065.webm (504 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1410212222065.webm
504 KB, 480x480
>>45998948
>Gnome luddite
>>
>>45998934

Draenei are also well versed in guerrilla warfare and insurgency tactics. Humans favor shock assaults and scorched earth tactics.
>>
>>45998941
>Night Elf warrior
Every single piece of literature points to night elves being the queens of guerilla warfare, including ambushes and skirmishes. Few things in life are more devastating than being the victim of a night elf ambush/trap.
>>
File: 1363644962732.gif (2 MB, 328x304) Image search: [Google]
1363644962732.gif
2 MB, 328x304
>>45998934
When I was into WoW RP, I played a draenei mage from Argus once. I once had a human paladin try to lecture my draenei on the nature of the Light.
>>
File: draenei_paladin.jpg (171 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
draenei_paladin.jpg
171 KB, 1000x700
>>45999127
I imagine that's how someone feels what a flat-earther tries to convince them that the planet isn't round. Just like, "You're... you're being serious. Oh wow. This is really a thing you think. Okay, uh... I need to find a way to approach this carefully because you are obviously a crazy person."
>>
>>45989453
>go onto RP server
>roll Goblin priest
>join Dungeons
>refuse to heal unless party hands over extra loot
>"im just rping guys :^)"

How would you react?
>>
>>45999190

They came from a crashed spaceship and there were literal star gods in Shattrath and in a Horde prison. The revelation should have shaken human society to its core, with the Scarlet Crusade openly declaring these facts as heresy and a civil war in Stormwind society between the church conservatives and the educated scholars. Varian should have invited the Draenei to move to Stormwind with the Naaru interned in Stormwind Keep, and change the nation's emblem to a Star Lion.
>>
>>45999196
Pull the biggest amount of mobs before dying and leave group/instance.

>I'm Just RPing what would happen guise
>>
>>45999190
It's more like a second-grader trying to teach an adult how multiplication works.
"You're adorable, but I already know this. I've been at it WAY longer than you have."
>>
>>45999266
I was wigged out by that whole tid bit, is the Naaru being the Light not register with humans or is it something else?

That being said MAN do i want to play a game of adventure in rpg wow now...That 2nd edition thing looks interesting enough, just concerned about how to build an adventure...or a character...or a party to play with...
>>
>>45999127
He also almost got mugged in Stormwind once in a dark alley by a human and night elf rogue pair. Blink is a hell of a thing.
>>
>>45999196
..What?

I mean if you really don't like WoW RP that much, or you just havent heard, dungeons and instances are virtually always OOC.
>>
>>45999320

Blizzard is basically letting humans live in lala land where the Light is still a Christian God. Its glaringly stupid.
>>
>>45998617
i get that its a gnome/goblin trope but i cant stand the steampunk/techy sci fi goofiness that's part of the flavor with those races. yea i admit it, im a bit of a purist when it comes to fantasy that is at large, a medieval fantasy.
>nofunallowed.jpg
>>
>>45999320
Naaru aren't the Light, they're just really close to it. Kinda like how D&D Celestials aren't THE Good but they're made out of it.

>>45999287
>>45999392
Keep OOC stuff OOC guise :^)
>>
>>45999405
>>45999441
Even if you do the whole they are made of the light and are really close to it, doesn't that make them more or less demigods and should be something to respect? Though the fact that they cock up most things they touch drives home the point that the light isn't the greatest thing ever, Nature and the Elements however are superior, at least that stuff is there and will persist instead of just up and leaving you.
>>
>>45999512

The existence of the Naaru should render the Stormwind church extinct. All humans should be making pilgrimage to the Exodar to obey the will of the Naaru.
>>
File: gobportrait.jpg (181 KB, 673x1000) Image search: [Google]
gobportrait.jpg
181 KB, 673x1000
Unrelated, but I found this portrait of a goblin gal while browsing for, uh... oatmeal recipes.

Yeah.

Anyway, is it censored enough for a blue board?
>>
>>45999512
That was before Warcraft Chronicles.

It used to be Humans and Dwarves viewed the light through the lens of mortal experience and the occasional manifestation of dead heroes.

>>45999542
Shrinking the head from cartoony wow-sized to a more human proportion with her shoulders without shrinking the hands or neck makes her fingers look even more gigantic than they do in WoW. (And they may actually BE drawn a little bigger too)
>>
>>45998941
>Orc warrior
Naturally THE ANGRIEST, they get an ability that gives them additional fury per hit over a short amount of time.

>Troll warrior
Trolls already have berserkerrage as a racial. Anything else seems superfluous when looking at their culture and how they do war.

>Tauren warrior
In their daily life, they are the most peaceful race in the horde. When called to battle, they can rage furiously, but will probably try to quickly incapacitate an enemy instead of outright killing them. Class specific bonus to hammers and a skill with prerequisite hammer equipped that displaces and stuns target and reduces whatever mana/stamina/fury/chi they have by half.

>Forsaken warrior
Thanks to their undead state, Forsaken warriors feel less to no pain and can take absurd amounts of punishment. They still have to focus on the fight or else their body simply collapses from structural damage alone. They get a stance where fury is consumed instead of fury. Naturally, no fury is gained when they are hit, only when they hit other targets during this stance.

>Blood Elf warrior
Is that a class option now? For a while it wasn't, I remember that. Anyway: The High Elven military has always prided itself in the exquisite skill of its swordsmen. The Blood Elveys, though less organised, still maintain a rigorous training and sparring exercise. Requires sword equipped, increases chance for a critical strike and parrying an attack by xx%.

>Goblin warrior
The green jews face similar problems like the gnomes. However instead of a tactical firing line, they utilise their rocket boots to blindly vault themselves into the enemy rank. Replaces charge with Rocket Assault, which causes AoE damage to friend and foe in a medium radius around their primary target.

That's my horde warriors. Going to sleep now, I may continue with Hunters if the thread is still up when I wake up.
>>
>>45999602
I feel like the Blood Elf Warrior should have some anti-mage ability, to mirror the Spell-Breakers.
>>
>>45999655
blood elves in general already have Arcane Torrent, an AoE silence
>>
>>45999655
Spell breaker is a specialized force that is not equal to a warrior.
suffice to say Bloodelf warrior are those swordsman in campaign, while spell breakers are a whole other deal.
>>
>>45997490
Is that some Bisley?
Good taste.
>>
>>45999320
Naaru are the messenger of light, manifest of light, example of the light, but they are not the light.

If light is God then Naaru are angels.
>>
>>45999655
I was going to propose something like that, but then I remembered that Spellbreakers aren't line-soldiers but specialist mages of sorts.
>>
>>45999602
>>45999655
>>45999708
>>45999767
Reduced cooldown on spell reflect and mass spell reflect.

>>45999805
Sadly Chronicles has been wiping out every non-naaru source of the Light.
>>
File: bosses-maiden-of-virtue-full.jpg (811 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
bosses-maiden-of-virtue-full.jpg
811 KB, 857x1200
>>45999881
The Light is the source of the Light, but it's just that the naaru are usually the ones spreading the word. Human faith began with accidental and misinterpreted communing with a naaru (which kinda pisses me off, since I figured it stemmed from, y'know, the lessons of justice and truth from Watcher Tyr).
>>
File: titans.png (187 KB, 476x172) Image search: [Google]
titans.png
187 KB, 476x172
>>45998542
Well, the legendary quest in Pandaria basically outright stated that they were all dead and that they needed to awaken the Final Titan.

Wrathion even says 'none of them remember'. Except for Ra-den, who revealed this to the Thunder King who in turn was able to reveal it to Wrathion through eating his heart as the Thunder King did to Ra-den. Which is obviously referencing that none of the keepers remember the Titans tried to hijack them in order to preserve their memories but it only worked with Aman'thul and Ra-den, and it completely disenfranchised Ra-den from doing anything.
>>
>>46000011
Fallen and Dead are not always the same.
>>
>>46000112
Well, they're not entirely dead, but mostly, and Aggramar is permanently forever dead. Still, I remember the shit storm when people finished this part of the quest for the first time and we were all worried the Titans were dead.
>>
>>45997332
She's gonna be back, and fel powered.
>>
>>45997332
I'm still waiting on word of half-elf babies, 'cause those two are practically married already. And I ship it. Not even ashamed.
>>
>>46000150
She is back in Legion, but not fel powered. She's been imprisoned in Black Rook Hold by the spirits there, who think everyone who aren't them are demons. So, big names like Stareye and even Ravencrest himself are haunting people and taking them prisoner.
>>
>>46000196
Oh wait, never mind, I'm retried. I saw Medivh and read it as Maiev. Yeah, Cordana's back and fel-powered, releasing all of the prisoners in the vault of the wardens.

Can I just say how much I love prisons full of super powerful creatures?
>>
>>46000196
That's not Maiev, that's Cordana Felsong, Khadgar's nightelf Ally.

She tries to destroy one of Gul'dan's shadow orbs in WoD and gets corrupted in the attempt.
>>
>>46000226
I was pretty buttmad about that.

I shipped her and Khadgar.
>>
File: RupiqJv.jpg (754 KB, 5969x4937) Image search: [Google]
RupiqJv.jpg
754 KB, 5969x4937
>>46000011
>>46000147

Oh, the quest that Blizzard arbitrarily removed from the game that contains one of the biggest lore plot-points since we found out that-- uh... Nope, that's pretty much the biggest one that's been in the game, actually.

Fuck, man.

>>46000226
>KHADGAR, YOU WERE MEAN TO SOMEONE WHO TRIED TO KILL YOU
>YOU'RE JUST AS BAD AS THE LEGION
>SO I'M GOING TO JOIN THEM
>logic.jpg

Joking aside, the whole "lol corrupted" schtick is getting really fucking old, let alone the fact that there's apparently no way to undo this other than beating them to death in a dungeon or raid, whereas orcs who LITERALLY DRANK DEMON BLOOD eventually got over it (for the most part).

But nah. Cordana touches a spooky purple ball for a couple minutes and goes apeshit and betrays everything she's ever fought for. I guess it was a given, seeing as how her last name was "Felsong". Maybe we redeem her, but judging by the soundfiles, we just kill her and continue on with our merry adventures.
>>
File: Althea_Ebonlocke.jpg (25 KB, 125x300) Image search: [Google]
Althea_Ebonlocke.jpg
25 KB, 125x300
>>46000226
>>46000321
I'm even more buttmad about another cop getting pointlessly corrupted.

Pic fucking related.
>>
File: Orc with the cool skinny mace.jpg (125 KB, 836x1088) Image search: [Google]
Orc with the cool skinny mace.jpg
125 KB, 836x1088
>>46000345
>>46000348
Oh AND it's another case of being doomed by a name.

Just because she has the same name as the Green Fire badguy.

>>46000345
I thought it was the trying to break it part that actually unleashed its power.
>>
File: SilvermoonCouncil_yaorenwo.jpg (552 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
SilvermoonCouncil_yaorenwo.jpg
552 KB, 1440x900
>>46000348
Yeah, that rustles my jimmies pretty hard, too.

Just going, "Nah, the whole Night's Watch is evil now" is pretty fucking lame altogether. As if no one amongst them was uncorrupted- they were just guarding a town from terrible horrors for years only to go, "lol just foolin', get sacrificed". I mean, one guy came off as supremely fishy, but it'd be nice if it was a like an "Oh shit" moment, with a bunch of them betraying the rest, like a less-obvious betrayal of the Auchenai, and with Ebonlocke surviving to lead the few remnants in defending the townsfolk they can.
>>
>>46000345
That's dumb.

So hey question for everyone here, say during the events of Warcraft Three, someone wanted to try opting in with a character during the events of Lorderon and the aftermath what would be some good scenairos? I wanna try an idea where you are that one peasent merchant who joined with the prince to help defend Lorderon from the vile orc incursion.
>>
>>46000491
Wait, what?

Whats this about losing the Watch?
>>
>>46000608
Ebonlockes are all evil, because Kanrethad was. They corrupted the whole Night Watch, including fan favorites like Morgan Ladimore's daughter Sarah. They kill a majority of the less relevant Darkshire characters, though there are some like the telescope guy and Tobias Mistmantle who are all absent.
>>
>>46000608
Someone at blizzard watched the last season of GoT and decided that the night watch was Corrupted (TM) and decided to make them cannibalistic legion worshippers.
>>
>>46000348
Blizz's corruption fetish is getting out of hand. For fuck's sake, pander to the redemption fetishists for once.
>>
>>46000692
>>46000702
Since when?

And.. is there source?
>>
File: davinciflyingmachine.jpg (311 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
davinciflyingmachine.jpg
311 KB, 1600x1067
>>45999430
You could still easily fit if you just recast gnomish inventions with more of a Rennaissance look, rather than the steamwork appearance they took on in WoW.
>>
File: united space of america.gif (5 MB, 594x336) Image search: [Google]
united space of america.gif
5 MB, 594x336
>>46000759
Of course, with Exodar's arrival, gnometech would probably fast-forward by decades, if not centuries. Alliance space program fucking when?
>>
>>46000608
>>46000721
>>46000702
Legion, Assassination Rogue Artifact daggers.
>>
File: Guardian of the Ages.jpg (927 KB, 900x705) Image search: [Google]
Guardian of the Ages.jpg
927 KB, 900x705
>>45999971
>The Light is the source of the Light
Thank you for saying this. I always see someone talking about how the Light comes from the Naaru or that Void-users get their power from the Old Gods or whatever. The Light and Void are not personified forces, even if their are creatures like Lightspawn and Voidwalkers that are primarily formed from them.

Still, I agree with you on the thing about Watcher Tyr. Seeing as how Legion has a Titan Watcher who uses the Light and has Light Val'kyr at his side, it would make perfect sense that they would have learned it from Tyr. Hell, they even added in an ancient order of Paladins known as the "Tyr's Guard" who watched over his tomb.

It'd make perfect sense if the Guardians of Ancient Kings had turned out to be similar to the Light Val'kyr, being some sort of product of Light-based Titan technology empowering the personal guard of the first human royal lineage.
>>
>>46000491
>"lol just foolin', get sacrificed"
I think it's more that they just snapped. They realized they're never getting help from Stormwind and said "FUCK IT, we gotta get power from somewhere else."
>>
>>46000917
Nah, it's because their leaer has the same name as a badguy warlock and the Watch in GoT killed a character with lots of fans.

Or maybe they wanted a chance to kill all those idiot heroes who keep helping rebuild Stiches.
>>
>>46000917
>they're never getting help from Stormwind
It's not like they actually need much help. Adventurers come through Darkshire all the time.
>>
>>46000805
Draenei space crystals probably don't gel as easily as people might think with other technology. Hard to say.
>>
>>46000917
>>46000967
Yeah, between the Vanilla quests, the Cata Quests, those twin girls from a Warcraft Legends comic, the Dark Riders comic, and the Kara raid basically all of Duskwood's problems SHOULD have been solved. We Killed Morbent Fel twice, we purified or slaughtered most of the Worgen, Karazhan's ability to spread taint has been curtailed greatly.

What the fuck is even LEFT to trouble them... Okay other than the Reanimator conning adventurers into rebuilding Stitches all the time which I like to pretend is canon.
>>
>>46000917
>>46000945
>>46000967

I FUCKING SAVED THAT DUMB VILLAGE FROM A FAT MAN WHILE IT WAS ON FIRE! THE ENTIRE TOWN! ON FIRE! AND I KILLED THAT SON OF A BITCH! AND 70 LEVELS LATER THEY JUST GO BAD GUY ON ME! FUCK THIS SHIT! but its not like the story matters at this point
>>
>>46000987
Well, if Hataaru's meddling with Draenor was anything to go by, the only place crystals for sure worked the best was Argus, they don't even meld well with Draenor outside of shield technology attached to buildings. Anything that digs into the ground upsets local wildlife to a horrific degree.

How they might meld with other technology or on Azeroth, we really haven't seen, but if Bloodmyst is anything to go by, it's probably nothing good.
>>
>>46001277
Blood Myst was more of a nuclear fallout scenairo more than anything else, they had ejected spent fuel rods or something along the lines of a engine that got busted up that spread all across the island resulting in the mutation, aside from that we don't ever really get to see anything else.
>>
>>45999843
>>45999655
why hasnt blizz fused mage+warr yet?
>warlock+warr=deaht knight
>priest+warr=paladin
>druid+warr=shaman
>mage+warr=????
spell breaker wouldnt it??
>>
>>46000863
Alright, that's fine I suppose. That being said what's the next lore fuck up that needs to be resolved exactly? Are we going from warcraft one to world of warcraft or are we just going along with something else then?
>>
>>46001526
>Spell breaker
That's kind of the opposite of mage.
>>
>>46001526
warmage, which i reckon might have a spellbreaker spec or something. might be glyph, if blizz is uninspired
>>
File: 1455155108750.jpg (616 KB, 2199x1000) Image search: [Google]
1455155108750.jpg
616 KB, 2199x1000
>>
Considering WoD + Chronicle lore, you have 10 seconds to justify the non-existence of
>Undead Paladins
>Draenei Rogues
>Draenei Warlocks
>Pandaren Death Knights
>Goblin Paladins (if BE and Tauren can get their powers from the Sun, Goblins should be able to get power from Gold)
>>
File: 1395988615845.gif (422 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1395988615845.gif
422 KB, 500x500
>>46001887
Paladins are the most devout of faith wielders, moreso than priests. It's why there's gnome priests but not gnome paladins. There is nothing the undead can devote themselves to that is worth establishing a code of paladinhood. Also, the Light burns.
No draenei rogues because large profile and their hooves go clop-clop-clop on hard surfaces.
Draenei warlocks would go against everything they stand for: rejecting the Legion, unceasing devotion to the Light for eons while in exile, things like that. Draenei, in that respect, simply are not allowed to fall, lest they become evil eredar again.
Who's to say the pandaren ever campaigned in Northrend?
For goblin paladins, see undead paladins. You can't cheese faith like that.

Fuck you bitch, gimme my money.
>>
>>46001572
Other than the fact that spellsteal was given to mages.
>>
>>46001993
>You can't cheese faith like that.
BElfs literally got pally powers by stealing Light out of a Naaru and Tauren got it from staring at the sun too much.

Deriving power from the-Light-in-shekels isn't more outlandish.
>>
>>46001993
>You can't cheese faith like that.
Indulgences, baby.
>>
File: 1378005061156.gif (1 MB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1378005061156.gif
1 MB, 250x170
>>46002060
>>46002063
Blood elves yanked their Light from a (willfully) captured Naaru, but it's still the Light. Now that they have the Sunwell, they use that. Tauren sun god beliefs are the crux of what empowers them as what are conventionally known to be paladins. They don't call themselves paladins, but for gameplay purposes, they're paladins.

I AM LITERALLY SO RICH, MY MONEY EMPOWERS MY BODY AND SPIRIT
>Humans' fw
>>
File: martin luther.jpg (155 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
martin luther.jpg
155 KB, 1200x1200
>>46002126
>>Humans' fw
>>
>>46002063
>>46002126
There was also that time when the church would pray for your sins and you could buy your way into heaven in the real world if i remember right.
>>
>>46002187
That was when the Catholic church was laughably corrupt. I'm not sure goblins can pull off anything equivalent.
>>
>>46002187
It was more "buying your mates out of purgatory," I believe, but same thing.
>>
File: capitalism ho.jpg (60 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
capitalism ho.jpg
60 KB, 700x525
Would paladin goblins use cash instead of mana? What happens if one of them takes a vow of poverty and redirects all his future revenue to the giant gold coin in the sky?
>>
File: 1252900961621.jpg (68 KB, 400x322) Image search: [Google]
1252900961621.jpg
68 KB, 400x322
>>46002253
Instead of a tome chained to their side, it's a collection box.
>>
So who's hoping there'll be pdfs of the Chronicles
>>
>>45990154

I want to fill Lili to the brim with cum.
>>
File: li li.png (5 KB, 360x417) Image search: [Google]
li li.png
5 KB, 360x417
>>46002454
pedos out
>>
>>45998542

I have always loved how Jack Kirby these designs are.
>>
>>46001993
No Draenei rogues, but an entire group of sneaky rangers called the Rangari.
>>
File: Anduin_Lothar.jpg (72 KB, 700x549) Image search: [Google]
Anduin_Lothar.jpg
72 KB, 700x549
>>45990928
Well, keep in mind that between the First and Second Wars, the Scourge Invasion followed immediately by the Legion Invasion, humanity has had the shit kicked out of it. From seven kingdoms down to one, made up of the remnants of the other six. With that last kingdom built on the ruins and graves of its forbearers, it's people barely having survived the first round of war against the orcs.

Add in all the lasses from Outland and Northrend, followed almost instantly by the Cataclysm and the fucking greenskins acting up again, and humanities numbers can't be doing well. They've suffered almost 40 years of near nonstop attrition warfare, all at the hands of fuckers from other worlds. Humanity really should be a race on the brink in Warcraft.

I remember one of the books, forget which, saying that in the wars for Azeroth, the humans have fought the longest and lost the most. I'm actually kind of glad that Warcraft isn't portrayed as outright grim as it's lore puts forth, because the remains of human society would be horrifying.
>>
File: fukken xenooooos.jpg (225 KB, 586x720) Image search: [Google]
fukken xenooooos.jpg
225 KB, 586x720
>>46002656
Vigilo Confido, baby. Vigilo Confido.
>>
so.. I am currently GM'ing a warcraft-ish game. One of my players want to play as a death knight. In theory that would be okay, but from a lore perspective.. In my game Ner'zhul never became evil/lich king and Arthas became the king of humans.
So.. How do I justify the existence of death knights? Do I just do a WoD thing and allow alternate Lich King to enter the world/Northeren? Or can one of you guys and girls come up with a cool/fun replacement?
>>
>>46000805
There's that rocket in Netherstorm.
>>
>>46001176
Blame Metzrall and Kosannas. No allied race is allowed to have interesting characters, interesting stories, interesting locations or other interesting anything unless it's centered around the fucking horde in some manner.
>>
>>46002704
have Kel'thuzad independently become a necromancer and turn him into a WC2 death knight
>>
>>46000491
Blame Metzrall and Kosannas. Between them they've pretty much set in stone that not Allied race or faction is allowed to have interesting characters, interesting stories, interesting locations, or anything that can be said to be interesting at all unless it's centered around the motherfucking horde in some manner or form. Allied players lke the Night Watch? Well, no way to make that orc-centric; to the loot table with them!
>>
>>45990430
Personally I would have gone the Vulcan/Romulan route with the Draenei/Eredar. Have Sargeras's offer of power, the Naaru rescue of the Draenei faithful who refused, happen during their bronze age. By the present day both factions believe the other to be a dimly remembered myth, until the Legion discovers the Orcs and completely by accident finds Draenei living alongside them.
>>
>>46002742
so have KT become a necromancer, transfer his soul into a stronger body and then call himself the lich king?
>>
>>46002807
I'm not sure that would work, the Eredar/Draenei split mostly works because the Eredar were the most powerful race in the universe other than the titans and void lords and them joining the Legion was a massive crushing blow to the forces of order in the universe
>>
>>46002454
Why you gotta be that guy?
Why can't people like a thing without needing to dick it?

>son, I am disappoint
>>
>>46002952
.. how old is Li Li?
>>
>>46002880
The Eredar weren't quite that powerful. I'm sure that the Constellar like Algalon were stronger.
>>
>>46002876
no, for your player to be a death knight, have him be killed by something, and then his spirit summoned and forced into another body by Kel'thuzad, who became a necromancer on his own without Ner'zhul's gift.

>>46002993
until Chronicles came out it was implied the Constellars were titan constructs
>>
File: goblin spirituality.png (872 KB, 935x461) Image search: [Google]
goblin spirituality.png
872 KB, 935x461
>>46002253
>>46002313
>>
>>46003022
aaah okay
>>
>>46003031
based.
>>
>>46002967
By now she actually should be late teens but only Anduin ages in game and his dad ages but only in full cinematic.
>>
>>46002967
12, last I checked. Probably 14 now, following WoD.
>>
>>46003066
>>46003074
Imma gonna have to ask for some source here lads

But then again I would like to know more of the pandaren physiology
>>
>>46003066
>>46003074
I forget how old she was during Pearl of Pandaria, but that was set pre-cata since she met Magni and he wasn't a dwarf-sized piece of bling.but I thought it was 12. And every expansion is I believe 2 years time in-game.
>>
>>46003022
>until Chronicles came out it was implied the Constellars were titan constructs
Oh yes. The current lore direction clearly came sometime after WotLK and presumably after one of the writers read Earth X and decided to borrow a few ideas.

Still, I do sort of like the idea that there's other cosmic races out there even if they don't compare to the Titans.
>>
>>46003115
Author of the graphic novel she first appeared in said he saw her as a tween (i.e. 11 or 12), which took place a year or so before MoP, if memory serves,
>>
>>46002704
Alright, what did the legion then use as their new toy of the week to doom Azeroth? Did they wind up doing something else or what? Need more details to help explain this as I recall that KT was seduced to the Necromancy amongst other things by way of power from Ner'zhul.
>>
>>46003240
I haven't gotten to them yet. Currently there is no alliance or horde, the frostwolves rule draenor and the remaining orc clans and leaders have escaped to Azeroth. This is also where they do a 180 and most of them swear to never go into war again since now they only want to live in peace.
Ner'zhul for instance is now a priest-ish character that summons the dead spirits for the family to communicate with them.
>>
>>46003296
So what prompted them into going into the Dark Portal then? The kool aid? If so wouldn't that mean that the first and second wars ahve occured already since it took what like thirty years for the orcs to come off the juice.
>>
>>46003181
Took place before Cata.

Magni was still walking around.

>>46003296
>>46003376
This is too weird of an alt universe for me to even comment on.
>>
>>46003376
Technically there weren't a first or second war.

The humans aren't even aware of orcs yet. The demons have.. so far.. only discovered Draenor. It will probably be a future adventure for my group to battle the burning legion.
But no world war as of yet
>>
>>46003397
>>46003432
I admit, I am also confused, how would the other clans escape to Azeroth if they dont have the big ass portal to send them through? Or the fact that they need to even know of Mediv to have act as their anchor to find Azeroth on the dimensional plane to begin with. Not trying to smash your story but confused.
>>
>>45991459

Depends on the game, to an extent. Though WC 3 Footman were kinda junk, yeah.

Knights, however, were great and kicked the ass of the Orc equivalent and were not heroes as such.
>>
Can WoW hunters work without a pet?

I've never liked the animal-master side of them but I like archery/rifles.
>>
>>46003493
Wolfriders in WC3 weren't an outright combat unit like knights were, they were basically lighter, cheaper steamtanks in the "Short-Range anti-structure" category.

>>46003533
They can as of WoD, but the game as a whole is kinda meh,
>>
>>46003490
I know it is weird and there is a lot of plotholes and whatnot. But my players like the world and so do I.
In this world Killogg sacrificed his last eye so that he could get a vision on how he and the orcs could survive the frostwolf slaughter.
He saw some sort of magical interference with crossing leylines and whatnot. Basically a portal opened up for a fraction of a second and transported all of the "good" orcs to azeroth.
>>
>>46002704

They existed in Warcraft 2,so run with that rather than the Lich King.

i.e. still blame Gul'dan and the Legion.
>>
>>46003548

>They can as of WoD, but the game as a whole is kinda meh,

Oh?
>>
>>46003533
There is a way to go petless in WoD, and in Legion their marksmanship specialization will be based around having no pets.
>>
>>46003609
Sadly "With or Without you" is a high level talent. though since Legion comes with a free level 100 character it's fine.

>>46003614
Wait, it's COMPLETELY based around going petless?
>>
File: 477772.jpg (453 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
477772.jpg
453 KB, 2560x1440
>>46003614

They will also turn Survival into a melee with pet spec, so you can Rexxar it up. I'm pretty hype about that but I'm actually going to play so I can indulge my inner 14 year old by rolling a Demon Hunter.
>>
>>46003614

Sweet. As I said, I've never really liked the Beastmaster side. Troll Berserkers and Dwarf Riflemen feel a bit weird with a pet.

There is throwing weapons as a Hunter option, right?
>>
>>46003637
Sorta? That was actually more of a rogue thing.

I think the new Survival Hunter is traps, Melee, and throwing.
>>
>>46003618
>Wait, it's COMPLETELY based around going petless?
Yes. IIRC, they can't even summon a pet while in that spec. 100% solo.
>>
>>46003650

Right. Where would Troll Beserkers fit classwise then? As they were always a favorite of mine.
>>
>>46003659
Fury Warrior or Enhancement Shaman
>>
>>46003667

Warrior has a ranged build now? Cool.

I might go that then, as they always seemed more warrior than shaman.

Thanks.
>>
>>46003655
God that sucks. They really are over specializing specs by taking universals and melding them together.
>>
>>46003676
No, that anon forgot Bersekers were ranged units.

Warriors have a few throws, but not anything mainline. You can spam handaxes as a rogue witb the right glyph but sadly the talent that makes throwing a viable build actually overides the axe visual.
>>
>>46003676
Not that guy, but no warriors do not have a ranged build(wish they did). And to be honest, nothing comes to mind that fits what you're looking for.
>>
>>46003694

>You can spam handaxes as a rogue witb the right glyph but sadly the talent that makes throwing a viable build actually overides the axe visual.

...that's a bit unfortunate. Why is that? Does it change the projectile?
>>
>>46003702
It's called "shuriken toss"
>>
>>46003725

That will do it.
>>
A warcraft general on /tg/
what a time to be alive.
>>
>>46003702
>>46003725
>>46003734
Yeah, i think it may have to do with the animation speed required for shuriken tosss and shuriken toss ranged autoattacks looking unnatural on an axe-throwing animation. Or blizzard is lazy.

Also the new hunter jas a few throws, and their main weapon is a spear that is mostly used in melee but has at least one "chain charge" like a reverse deathgrip.
>>
>>46003625
>but I'm actually going to play so I can indulge my inner 14 year old by rolling a Demon Hunter.
Me too. I've been wanting Demon Hunter for ages, honestly.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.