[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A one-shot quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1
File: Devil.png (983 KB, 1290x504) Image search: [Google]
Devil.png
983 KB, 1290x504
This is a oneshot quest for practice purposing.

"W-what the hell? where am i?" I shouldn't be here...no, where is my stairway to heaven? where is my Johnny?

My bullet wounds, still fresh oozing black blood. The skies...why they are so red?

"We ain't got all day Ilene.." A somewhat charismatic man called out my name. I found no trouble getting up from my makeshift coffin. Bullet riddled corpses surrounded both of us.

He was rolling a tobacco with a strange grin, he smelled nice and his suit was decent too but something didn't seem right about this guy.

>Where is my johnny?
>Who are you?
>Where am i?
>[Look for my repeater]
>Something else
>>
>>46141550
>Where am I?
>>
>>46141550
>Where am I?
>>
>>46141576
"Where you died you silly goose! don't you remember?" With a simple gesture, he pulled out twelve maybe thirteen bullets. One of them sprouted out of my head with a slimy trail.

It hit me like a train; Me, Johnny and Abraham ate some dirt from those Pinkerton agents. Yeah, we stole a lot but never did we kill anyone unless they pulled out their guns first.They offed Abraham in a trap while me and Johnny made our escape three weeks ago...

Escape. Right.

I always said to johnny "Dear johnny, it is time we find yourself a small ranch...time to settle down..." but he never listened. Yesterday, we ran out of luck. They found us again. They made sure we wouldn't slip once more.

His optimism was peculiar to say the least, like a gentleman, he offered his smoke to me.

>Accept
>Refuse.
>>
>>46141782
>Accept
>>
>>46141872
>>46141872
I didn't know why but i wanted it so bad. Johnny introduced me to smoking, drinking, gambling...among other things.

The strange man in a suit waited for me to finish before talking "You do understand who am i, correct? Just so we can be clear..."

>The devil...who else?
>My guardian angel?
>I don't fucking know but i have a feeling you are not doing it out of the kindness of your heart
>I am in Limbo or dead...I can't be alive
>Something else
>>
>>46142052
>I don't fucking know but i have a feeling you are not doing it out of the kindness of your heart
>>
>>46142052
>The devil, who else?
>>
>>46142117
The man chuckled "There are but interests, dearie. Interests that must be paid." for a second i saw it; a small ember burning in his eyes.

"Ilene,Your Johnny...your Johnny messed with the wrong folks. I offered him my generous services but he found a way out of our deal. you honestly think you were lucky in all these years?"

Slowly he advanced towards me, my petit feet backed to the wall. He cornered me to the wall whispering soft words to my ear.

"I will give something i rarely offer to my clients...a choice. You can help me to track him or you can fill in his place, a thousand soul to harvest, a thousand corpse to spill. Finally, you can willingly offer your soul to me. it won't do much but i will appreciate it regardless..."

>I will be your Harbinger of death
>I will help you to find Johnny
>I will offer my soul to you
>I am not doing any of that shit
>[Pray to god]
>Something else
>>
>>46142359
>I will help you to find Johnny
>>
>>46142359
>I will be your Harbringer of death
Johnny's top priority. This way he can escape both threats
>>
upon future disagreement i will roll.

>>46142474
>>46142415
"Your sure about that? no backing after the hand shake..." he extended his hand. God, it was hotter than red iron.

What i am getting myself into?

>'shake' hands with the man
>consider another option
>Something else
>>
>>46142518
>Other
"First, what aren't you telling me? Some other condition I don't know about?"
>>
>>46142518
>'shake' hands with the man
get the show on the road, he has all the cards anyway
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>46142415
>>46142474
>>
>>46142518
wait which thing did you go with? Hunting johnny down or hunting souls?
>>
>>46142518
>Also voting for >>46142623
>>
>>46142623
>>46142700
>>46142623
>>46142700
"Condition? you are failing to realize that you are my little pawn in this game. Either abide by my rules or burn trying to do whatever you want"

"Looks like i don't have a choice...."

I have been travelling with the devil for six months as his tool... his little hound sniffing for clues about Johnny whereabouts.

He rarely flashed his powers in various situation where we could really need it. Bullets can't put me down as long as he is around. Sometimes, i think he wants to watch me suffer by lawmen, bandits, natives...

Yet...I feel encaptivated by him recently despite all of this, the way he talks, the way he moves. When he brings me from the dead or when he patches me up with his magic hands...I...I feel something different inside his slit of an eye.

Together, we reached our first lead, a gun contractor by the name of Jonnah Arkson. After a bloody fight with his little band of guards who could easily fend a small town, we found out another lead, a medicine man who had numerous visits form Johnny as of Late. but that wasn't the end of the stick.

These guards...they were hired by Johnny. What? I know our stash. We could never have enough money to hire them. they looked professional too, their guns sure were something.

The devil was losing his patience, he wanted to squeeze more of that man with any mean necessary.

>Let the devil do his work
> Ask the devil to 'Speak' with Jonnah first
>Something else
>>
>>46143032
it takes time to write down on the fly, sorry for not replying earlier

>>46143172
>more out
>>
>>46143172
>>Let the devil do his work

satan probably knows what he is doing
>>
>>46143172
If he needed our help we'd know
>>
>>46143172
Heya Mister D, think I should start looting some of these nice guns?
>>
>>46143478

>>46143355
>>46143408

The devil didn't like interference, I started to pick up his personal likes and dislikes in these six month.

The devil threatened Jonnah; he said that he would burn his very soul until nothing is left for hell or heaven.

Too bad the man was stubborn.

I didn't flinch. I didn't look away. I bathed myself in the incoming glow with a grin creeping on my lips.

"Let's go."

Another three weeks passed in a tick. We were on our way to the medicine man's village. A blind man by the name of Ahtunowhiho shouldn't be that hard to find.

An ambush awaited us on the road, two rifle shots downed me and my horse. I couldn't die...I just couldn't move....momentarily.

The thing is, the men attacking us weren't your average banditos.

Holymen in white and Blue cowering behind sharpshooters and gunslingers, whatever they were doing, it was working....

it was working on the devil himself.

He was bound in this very spot. He was weakened by whatever those blue fucks are doing. I felt his grip...his leash gone for a split second.

I felt freedom.

Guilt, gut-crushing pain and other crawled with this freedom. I couldn't still move. Is this what i really want?

"Ilene, be .... a dearie and claim their souls for me." with a snap, i was among the living once more.

>Defend the devil
>Run
>Something else.
>>
>>46143691
>defend the devil
>>
>>46143691
>Defend the devil
>>
>>46143691
>Run
Guys fuck that shit, let's just leave him to it
>>
>>46143787
Armed with a powerful rifle, a sawed off shotgun and a trusty revolver, I took on twenty men or so by myself ignoring the bulletstorm. I was fond of the disbelieve of my enemies...it was kind of amusing. Too bad a good portion of our expenses goes to new clothes. Speaking of which, I caught the devil tiding up his suit with my peripheral vision.

That damn bastard.

None was left but a lonely holyman. He stood his ground with nothing but his petty cross and some rushed out mummers. Yeah, his dedication was something but it won't save him.

The Devil approached him, he stretched out with a contagious yawn "Well, Partner, what should we do with them man of ...god?"

>Partner?
>He is all yours...Partner.
>Let him go back to his butt-posse, i am sure he can thoroughly describe what happened here..
>[Shoot him in the head]
>Why, Partner, together we will have a nice chat with him...
>Something else
>>
>>46144073
>He is all yours...Partner
>>
>>46144073
>Why, Partner, together we will have a nice chat with him...
>>
>>46144073
>Let him go back to his butt-posse, i am sure he can thoroughly describe what happened here..
Tell Johnny I said Hi~
>>
>>46144174
With a some persuasion, the Devil found out that this hit squad was sent out by Johnny to test out a method to kill and/or banish the devil from earth. It was something relative to the purity of the holymen's souls. once i started to pick them off, whatever they were doing has faded.

In his last words, the holyman mentioned that Johnny wanted them to mercy kill me so i won't the devil's doll.

This...this left a void inside me. Just why? what happened to my Johnny? i am doing all of this so i can reach him...so i can reach our little ranch with him. Why....

The devil offered a tobacco roll to me, both of us sat on top of a hill watching over the sunset with all the corpses in the foreground.

"Well, this was an unpleasant surprise. I mean the whole m-"

"Yeah." I just didn't want to do anything, a tear trailed from my cold eyes.

Like a gentleman he was, the devil pulled out a soft tissue and wiped out my tears "Many would have run. I respect your choice, Ilene. I would have found you eventual-"

"Just stop." I stood up, this void was eating from the inside "Let's just go..."

"You are free if you want...."

"What?"

"You set me on the right path to find Johnny. You fulfilled your side of a bargain. With a snap, you will rest in peace. I won't take your soul."

>Yeah,I-i want this....thank you for this small trip.
>When you find Johnny, make sure he suffers for me, I can't deal with this anymore
>No, Partner, we still have some unfinished business...
>Something else
>>
>>46144661
In for a penny.....
>>
>>46144661
>>
>>46144719
>>46144760
"aren't you persistent? Very well, Dearie. I think time is due to use something alongside your...guns. Just don't flash it everywhere; bad for business and what not."

Once again, he extended his hand for a shake.

>Shake hands with the devil
>Refuse
>Something else.
>>
>>46144846
Sure thing Mister D!
>>
>>46144846
>>
>>46144883
>>46144905
I...I felt something burning inside me, something that desperately wants to get out, I snapped my finger and all the holymen started to disintegrate in a gout of flames violently. A smile crawled on my face . I don't know why but i kissed the devil of his cold cheeks in the spur of the moment. He didn't react but i blushed with a quick apologize afterwards, he simply shrugged it off.

>Practice on the other corpses
>Try to have a friendly chat with the devil
>continue onwards
>something else
>>
>>46144846
>Something else
Refuse and call him a jew.
>>
>>46145110
Awwww don't be like that Mister d!
>>
>>46145110
>>
>>46145235
>>46145302

well, he was certainly more open than before, still he kept his distance in certain topics. He did talk about men and women who rose to power because of him throughout the ages. Some were faithful to their words, others had to be reminded with who they were dealing with. You laughed at some (mis)fortunes told by the devil, you even managed to draw a crack of a smile from him.

Another sunrise declared a new day. It was time to moved onwards.

Somehow, the natives were aware of our arrival, they barricaded their filthy village. None dared to come out and face me Ahtunowhiho must be cowering inside.

"It is up to you, Partner." the devil back off a little leaving you to face the uncooperative natives.

>[Burn their huts to the ground]
>[Burn enough huts from them to come out]
>[Massacre everyone in the village]
>We just want to talk to Ahtunowhiho, no need for blood shed.
>If your medicine man didn't come out in ten minutes, your subhuman souls will belong my impatient partner over here
>Something else
>>
>>46145532
>If your medicine man didn't come out in ten minutes, your subhuman souls will belong my impatient partner over here
>>
>>46145532
>We just want to talk to Ahtunowhiho, no need for blood shed.
>Unless that's what you idiots want!
>>
>>46145668
>>46145737

Ten minutes has passed. Except for the cries of a child or two and some mummurs, silence was the sole reply.

>[Burn their huts to the ground]
>[Burn enough huts from them to come out]
>[Massacre everyone in the village]
>Something else
>>
>>46145791
forgot my trip, sorry.
>>
>>46145791
>Start kicking in doors
>don't kill anyone who doesn't need killing
>>
>>46145872
+1
>>
>>46145872
they should have listened.

With bullets and fire, I outbest any pathetic attempt to stop me. I lost it when an arrow made a home in my left eye socket. but another snap from the big guy brought me back.

Women, children and the elderly ran away from their crumbling tents and huts, i honestly couldn't care less. My good eye caught the medicine man siting alone and enjoying his pipe. he was aware of the chaos around him yet he didn't flinch.

Drenched with his kin's blood and charred flesh, i took a seat next to him.

"You...devil's little doll. I don't fear you.."

>Where is Johnny?
>[Shoot him/Burn him alive]
>[Pull out the arrow and stick it in his blind eye]
>Hey Partner, he is all yours
>It is my choice to be whoever i want
>Something else
>>
>>46146133
>Where is Johnny?
>>
>>46146133
>Where is johnny?
>>
>>46146154
"gathering men. gathering power to stop your master...to end this Iya. Little doll, you are walking a dangerous line. For the sake of everyone, stop."

>I won't ask again. Where.is.Johnny?
>Why did he come to you?
>[Shoot him/Burn him alive]
>[Pull out the arrow and stick it in his blind eye]
>Hey Partner, he is all yours
>Something else
>>
>>46146342
>Why did he come to you?
>Why did he leave me?
>Where.Is.Johnny?
>>
>>46146425
"He is dying. I can see a black mass in his heart growing and growing. The good spirits found him and directed him away from the Iya..."

By then, the devil has entered the tent, a simple snap stopped the medicine man's heart "I know where he is."

>Say something to the devil
>Continue onwards
>Something else
>>
>>46146659
I wasn't done talking to him.
>Pout
>>
>>46146751
i can't open my eyes and i doubt i will ever make another follow up, so instead of leaving you hanging , i will present this unceremonious ending based on the overall choices so far.

Every story has an end....

The devil and his doll cornered Johnny in a small town, after dealing with a small army of guards, the duo found him with twenty children. Each one's heart was filled with purity and innocence.

Such purity weakened the devil terribly thanks to the blessing bestowed upon Johnny, with the powers of the devil waning. Ilene found her body withering and shivering. her very existence aligned with the devil's

Both Ilene and Johnny had a lengthy discussion each expressing what one thought was right. One can't tell whether it was from the devil's influence, Ilene desire for self preservation or the simple void from Johnny. It didn't matter, the woman scorched the children and her former lover ending any possible mean for a human to end the devil's work.

The devil thanked Ilene for her bold decision, he gave her the choice to be free once more. not six feet under but among the living. Again, she refused. Accompanied by a powerful pawn and the closet thing to a friend and/or a platonic love intrest, all the future devil deals ran smoothly.

A special place in hell awaited them both. but boy oh boy, they dragged hundreds if not thousands throughout mankind's span on earth.

The End.

Thank you for sticking through the end!
>>
>>46147096
it was interesting boss, thanks for running
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.