[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chicago 1920 (Quest) Case 001:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7
File: Noir Detective.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Noir Detective.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
twitter: @detective_qm
character sheet: To be posted

--Case 001--

Chicago, the city of cut-throat politicians, corrupt policemen, and the militant mob.

Here in the Windy City, the smells of stench, smog, and cigarette smoke is rampant at all hours of the day. While murder, prostitution, illegal gambling and drinking take place at night.

While New York is the city that never sleeps, and Detroit is the automotive capital of the world. Chicago is a city that has almost always been corrupt, and carries with it the reputation of being the murder capital of the world. The mob runs rampant, and the citizens are too scared to go out at night due to roving street gangs.

You are just a lowly detective. A little wet behind the ears, and prone to making mistakes that may or may not have yourself bounded and gagged, covered in cement and dumped into Chicago River.

But let’s worry about that later, you woke up at 05:30 this morning, brewed some shitty ground coffee, and made your way to work to take your first case.

Chicago at this point in time has around 30 homicide cases a week. It’s a shame though that murder is the only way you can pay your bills, but at least your job is to set the people’s minds at ease.

Today is March 15th 1920, and also marks your sisters 18th birthday, you wouldn’t want to forget her either. Rent is also due at the first of every month, so you better get cracking.

“Time to go to work.” You say as you exit your apartment.

--End of Scene—

--Character Creation--

Just a few things to cover before we make it to the station.

Current Account Balance:

$50.00

Rent Due by End of the Month:

$75.00

System is 1d100(+,-)(bonus/malus) Best of Three, 100 is a critical success, and 1 is a critical fail no matter what else is rolled, unless it is the opposing number, where in that case it cancels out.

(1/3)
>>
>>46098456
Name: (Write-In) (Male Only)
Traits: Pick 3 of the following.

Intuitive:

You have a natural sense of environmental awareness, you know when things are going to go south rather quickly. This has many benefits such as sensing danger and avoiding calamity, but this makes you extremely unlikely to make friends or try new things.

(+10 to Awareness, or Danger Sense Rolls, -10 on Socializing, and Perseverance)

Ham-Fisted:

You are more of a brawler than a shooter, you prefer to beat people with your fists or with a night stick. This is something you’ve acquired after too many street fights in your youth among Chicago’s many street urchins.
Unfortunately however you are terrible at operating any delicate machinery, or handling firearms.

(+10 Unarmed, and Melee/Improvised Weapon. -10 Firearms/Dexterity checks)

Loose Lipped:

You have a big mouth, something which has always got you in, and out of dangerous situations in the past. If you managed to succeed, you managed to get what you wanted, however if you failed, you may have found yourself in a dumpster one to many times.

(+10 Bluff/Intimidate, and -10 Sense Motive/Danger Sense)

Human Wall:

You stand at a massive unimaginable height, you are a giant, capable of restraining even the largest of criminals, but that also means you’re a big, and tempting target. Despite being a very big guy for most people, you tend to be rather sluggish and heavy footed.

(+10 Grapple and bonus health, -10 Dodge and Sneak)

Kind-Hearted:

You are kind, and stand for all that is right in the world. You always believed in being the bigger man in any situation. You are also more likely to commit selfless acts, and take the time out of your day to help everyone. Unfortunately though, this tends to make others take advantage of your kind nature.

(+10 Persuade and Disposition with Good aligned people, and -10 Bluff/Intimidate and Disposition with Evil aligned people.)

(2/3)
>>
>>46098491

The Judge:

You are told by people that you are rational, and well-meaning, but cold hearted. Since Justice is blind, you are fair to all, until proven otherwise. To you, the law is absolute, and there is no middle ground. Making exceptions for people and their offenses is out of the question for you.

(+10 Sleuthing/Firearms, -10 Improvise/Compromise)

Smoker:

You’ve been smoking cigarettes since you were a teenager, and this pastime has turned into quite the addiction. With smokes, you are seen as a confident individual, and relatively level-headed. Without smokes you are a social nightmare.

(+10 Persuade/Socializing, -10 Awareness) (when high)

(+10 Awareness, -10 Persuade/Socializing) (when sober)

Short-Stack: (Cannot take Human Wall)

You are relatively short, and rather self-conscious about your height. Due to being about as tall as the average American woman, you are looked down on by most men in your field. However that doesn’t mean you can’t find yourself too easy to spot in the urban jungle of Chicago.

(+10 Dodge and Sneak, -10 Grapple and less health)

Greed is Good:

You love your family and care for your friends dearly. However in reality, your true love is money. Fortunately due to this you have great ways of earning and “earning” money. However these selfish actions will likely make you as corrupt as most Chicago cops, and politicians.

(+10 Money related rolls which add to your assets, -10 Good aligned individuals disposition)

Brutal:

You are a total savage, and have an extreme lack of empathy, you are extraordinarily violent and go out of your way to completely escalate situations to the most blood soaked alternative. Where-ever you go you leave a path of carnage in your wake.

(+10 all Combat Related Actions, -5 on all disposition rolls.)

--End of Character Creation—

(3/3)
>>
>>46098517

Officer Jimmy O'Hara

>Loose Lipped
>The Judge
>Smoker

Am watching with interest
>>
>>46098808
Thanks for joining. I feel like I went overboard with the wall of text.

I will wait a little while longer to see if we get any more biters.
>>
>>46098876

Yeah wall of text is a tough hurdle to surmount for a new quest but I am a sucker for noir. Where on the realism scale are we sitting?
>>
I'm a huuuge noir fan, but sadly it's close to sleep time in my zone. On the basis of being supportive, going with >>46098808
>>
>>46098517
Kind-Hearted Ham-Fisted Human Wall, Officer Elijah Walters. "The Gentle Giant."
>>
>>46098517
>Smoker
>Loose lipped
>Shortstack
>>
>>46099088
>>46098808

Officer O'Hara it is, I'm writing.

We're running a pretty realistic setting, maybe might throw in a little super natural or crazy stuff in there. Never know when your going to find some crazies in the Chicago crime world.
>>
>>46099123
Let me reformat my post, don't like how it looks.

>Kind Hearted
>Ham-Fisted
>Human Wall

>Officer "Eli" Elijah Walters
>>
>>46099161
well god dang. I should refresh the page more.

Anyone want to talk out the options that we have so far.

I'm still writing some dialogue, not that far into the process
>>
>>46099205
Well, I am biased in wanting to do mine >>46099173

But if no one else joins/votes, I'm fine with other one.
>>
>>46099268
Alright then, let's get this show on the road.

--Back to the Case--

You go down your apartment stairwell get in your occupational vehicle, and make your way to work by about 07:30.

After parking in the garage of the 3rd District Police Department, and making your way to the investigative wing of the building you find your briefing room which will be where you are assigned your daily briefings and where you file your reports.

You enter the room and are greeted with a polite acknowledgement from all the other investigators who you assume are your seniors.

That is until a voice breaks out from the back.

“Well I’ll be a son of a bitch, I didn’t know they let mouth breathers like yourself into our ranks, the commissioner and his cronies must be getting desperate.” A rather tall and lanky fellow says as he stands up and comes into your view.

“Can it Felinski, we were all new once. You’re just peeved you aren’t the fucking new guy anymore egh?” a weathered detective states looking rather annoyed and concerned.

“Relax Walter, I’m just teasing, it’s not like I’m hazing the new guy yet. Plus I don’t know if he’s one of the sickos that gets off to verbal harassment.” He walks up to you and leans forward into your face. “Well are you new guy? Do you get off on verbal harassment; or do you prefer physical?” he says to you after donning a shit eating grin.

>”You’re the sicko here bub. I suggest you take a step back.”

>”I’m just the new guy, I didn’t mean to trouble anyone.”

>(To the others) “Is he always like this?”

>”Write-In”
>>
>>46099322
>"Is he always like this?"
>>
>>46099322

>(To the others) “Is he always like this?”
"Starting to think he wants me to lay into him, does he get off on it?"
>>
>>46099457
>>46099405

"Is he always like this?" You ask the other detectives.

You receive a few affirmative nods.

"Starting to think he wants me to lay into him, does he get off on it?" you jibe again.

“Pssh… whatever, not really the answer I was expecting. I’ll give you two days before you get thrown into the water-front for sticking your face where it doesn’t belong… New Guy!” he then proceeds to put his hands in his pockets and shuffles back to his seat.

“Jesus what the hell is his problem?” you mutter to yourself.

Eventually you take your seat near the front and begin to twiddle your thumbs and take out a detective notebook and pen, anticipating the arrival of the commissioner or at least his deputy.

Fortunately your wait was not long and the Deputy Commissioner arrives into the room, you and the rest of the detectives including Felinski stand in acknowledgement.

“At ease.” The deputy replies and everyone takes their seat.

After a short pause and him looking around the room his eyes finally rest on you.

“Ah Detective O’Hara, wonderful that you made it this morning. I’m assuming you’re getting used to your new position?” he asks

“Y-yes sir.” You reply obviously being a little nervous.

(1/2)
>>
>>46099675

The Deputy recognizes your nervousness and proceeds with his daily briefing.

“Alright listen up! We have received reports of 28 homicides last night, not all of them took place together or at the same time.

Unfortunately though due to the powers that be, I am incapable of investigating some of the cases including the possible kidnapping and murder of the Mayor’s daughter.”

“Wait a minute? The mayor’s daughter is gone and possibly dead and we’re not going to investigate that?” a detective pipes up from by the window.

“Unfortunately that case is being handled by the District 1 investigative agency. But that is beside the point, for the record some of you have yet to already complete your case files from this past week. I am assuming if you have reached a dead end, please take it up with Forensics or any of our egg-headed experts. As for the assignments, I have the murder and possibly rape of housewife Mrs. Dorothy N. Turner on 11th and Main. The murder a shopkeeper on 34th Jefferson street, by the name of Bart Streufer. Finally for the most gruesome selection of the cases the untimely demise of Mr. James B. Taylor a mail-man who went missing and whose truck was overturned on the outskirts of the city. Body found mangled and cut to pieces… and Jesus Christ. ” He then turns to you again before continuing.

“Detective O’Hara, which of the three case files would you like? I don’t feel comfortable with giving you more than one on your first assignment.” He then holds out three case files.

Which one do you take?

>Mrs. Dorothy N Turner (The House Wife)

>Mr. Bart Streufer (The Shop Keep)

>Mr. James B. Taylor (The Mailman)

(2/2)
>>
>>46099718

The mysterious one, definitely that one
>>
>>46099892

One vote for the mailman.
>>
>>46099892
I'll roll with this one anyway.
>>
Go big or go home I guess. After that nasty grizzly murder desensitizes old Eli nothing will phase him anymore. Kinda creepy asking for the butcher piece one though, might give him a bad rep.
>>
>>46100429
“Interesting choice O’Hara.” The deputy says while handing you the case file.
“Yes sir, I’m always looking for a challenge.” You state before looking at the Case File.
“Well that’s good. We could use more people taking the more gruesome jobs. That’s how you get fame O’Hara!” He gives you a strong pat on the back.
“Thank you very much sir.” You then begin to gather the file and look at its contents. (See Image)
“Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. The former greenhorn acts as the sponsor to the new guy.” The detective looks over toward Felinski who has ceremoniously lit a cigarette.
“Shit…” he mutters, and proceeds to shuffle out of his chair lethargically.
“Well O’Hara, looks like your solving a case, and kid watching. If you pull this off maybe I’ll finally have a reason to cut Felinski loose.” He mutters.
“Not going to happen Frank.” Felinski states nonchalantly. “I’m the chief’s kid, and that bastard put me in this situation.” Felinski then blows cigarette smoke into the face of the Deputy.
The whole room goes quiet, and the deputy’s face turned a solid beet red. He then proceeds to exhale a lot of air from his lungs, and mutters.
“O’Hara, please take Felinski to see Leonard the quartermaster, you might want some extra supplies before you head out. The file has everything you need in it. Good luck.” He then ushers the two of you out of the room and slams the door.
“You went too far Felinski, I thought you were a dead man.” You say as you jab him in the side.
“The name’s Adam by the way. Not that you probably care, but if you really want my advice I suggest we get supplies from old Leonard, guy seems to get his hands on everything and anything.” He then proceeds to finish his cigarette and snubs it out into the ashtray by the door.

What do you do?

Current Supplies:

Pen, Notepad, Case-File, and Colt m1911 .45, two magazines, and $50.00, hand-cuffs, night-stick.

(1/2)
>>
File: Case File 001.png (129 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Case File 001.png
129 KB, 800x600
>>46100468

Forgot the image and sorry for formatting.

>See the quartermaster couldn’t hurt.

>Go straight to the location where the body was found. (You drive Roll 1d100+10: currently sober)

>Go straight to the location where the body was found. (Felinski drives Roll 1d100-10 nicotine kick)
>>
>>46100497
>See the quartermaster, couldn’t hurt.
Follow Felinsky's advice, for now. We'll need to see how serious hazing is, if the head could really fire Adam if we outperform him, if Felinsky could sabotage our performance to maintain his job.
>>
>>46100497
>>
>>46099718
for some reason i feel like >Mrs. Dorothy N Turner (The House Wife) and >Mr. James B. Taylor (The Mailman)
>>
>>46100497
also
>>
>>46101016

To be honest I went with the mail man because that one seemed the most spoopy
>>
>>46100645
>>46100953
>>46101066

You and Felinski walk down the hallway toward the Quartermaster’s office. There you meet a small man about 5’3” who has some thick glasses and stinks a great deal.

“Greetings Leonard, I brought the new guy. See if you can suit this chump up a bit with some of your crazy inventions. As for me, I’ll take a pack of Camel, and some .44, never know when you’ll need it.” He then gently nudges you toward the counter.

“Who’re calling a chump Felinski.” You retort before you meet face to face with Leonard. You stand a head and a half taller than him.

“What’ya want boy?” Leonard sneers at you before bagging up Felinskis goods and handing them to him.

“What do you have?” you ask the small man, trying to steal a glance back into the warehouse of goods.

“I have a few things you might need. Let me get a few things together….” and after a few minutes of rummaging around in the back he pulls up a crate of some possibly useful supplies.

He then proceeds to lay them out on the table.

“I’m giving you $25.00 store credit because you’re the new guy. Spend it wisely.” He then proceeds to let you take a look.

Time is 08:45

What do you want to buy?

Current funds: $50.00 + $25.00 store credit

Handcuffs: $.50 each

Spare Night-Stick: $1.50

Disposable Gloves 10pk: $1.00

Magazine of .45: $2.00

6 round .44 cylinder clip (Revolver): $2.00

5 round clip .308: $3.50

Colt .44 Magnum: $15.00 (+5 on all Firearm rolls, costs a full action to reload.)

Springfield M1905 .308: $25.00 (+10 on all

Firearm rolls, costs a full action to reload and aim.)

A bouquet of flowers (Sister needs a present): $5.00

A Fabric doll (Sister needs a present): $3.50

(Write-In)

>Pick Items and check out

>Nothing and Leave: (Drive to crime scene)
>>
>>46101084
Oh im not mocking your choice or anything I just have this wild theory that the mailman was having an affair with Mrs.Turner. Husband walks in and kills them both.
>>
>>46101107

Magazine of .45: $2.00 x2
A Fabric doll (Sister needs a present): $3.50
Handcuffs: $.50 each
Spare Night-Stick: $1.50

Gotta be prepared, do the credits roll over? Cost as of now stands at $10.50
>>
>>46101193

Nice, that would be a big break for the rookie to wrap up 3 cases all at once
>>
>>46101107
Colt .44 Magnum: $15.00 (+5 on all Firearm rolls, costs a full action to reload.) (Sister needs a present)
We'll take her to the range, teach her how to protect herself. also guns are fun
6 round .44 cylinder clip (Revolver): $2.00

>>
>>46101107

When do we get paid by the department?
>>
>>46101229
Anyone else have any modifications they'd like to make or is this okay?
>>
>>46101290
I want to give our sister a gun as a present though
>>
>>46101290
I suppose i'm fine with it otherwise though

>>46101253
only takes care of 2, how does the shop keep fit in?
>>
>Pick Items and check out

We should get some gloves and some handcuffs at least. maybe dime bags to store evidence, I don't know. An spare nightstick if they didn't provide us with one. I'm not too keen on the freshness of crime scene bouquets though.
>>46101229
Sounds good. Maybe double on the handcuffs, there could be multiple culprits.
>>46101270
A bird with a gun? sounds like an all wet struggle bunny skinny.
>>
>>46101346

What if she doesn't like guns though? or more to the point it is the 20's our parents would probably give us a hell of a talking to for giving her a gun I wouldn't want to drop $15 on a present she doesn't really like, how old is she?
>>
>>46101284
Unfortunately this is before many wage reforms are passed so you are paid by commission (solving cases).
>>
>>46101380
>all wet struggle bunny skinny
Okay now you're just making things up

>>46101395
We live in Chicago which is apparently the murder capital of the world atm. I don't care what mom and dad think, she's getting a damn gun. Or a guard dog. or some kind of vicious attack cat.

>>46101397
Does or sister like guns and or animals?
>>
>>46101371

The Husband is the shop keep, different last names highly indicative of marital dispute. Meanwhile the husband was knocked off by the same muscle he hired to help him take down the mailman after he didn't quite have all the money up front.
>>
>>46101451

Guard dog would be a good investment
>>
>>46101456
....damn you're good.
>>
>>46101229
>>46101380

Going with these

--Back to the Case--

You lay out what you need which comes at a grand total cost of $11.00

“Hmph… smart to not spend it all at one time. You really aren’t the typical new guys we get around here.” Leonard bags the stuff you requested and ushers to shoo you out of his domain.

“You finally done?” Felinski yawns and then proceeds to hold out his hand.

“What do you want Felinski? We have a job to do.” You ask in a hurried and impatient voice.

“I’ll drive, trust me I’m a very quick and experienced driver. I could shave 20 minutes of the drive.” He then proceeds to walk over toward the parking garage where your car awaits.

>Do you drive? (Roll 1d100+10 (sober))

>Do you let Felinski drive? (Roll 1d100-10 (nicotine high) (can potentially get there much faster but more dangerous.)

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/DrTcEP5m
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>46101637
we drive
Assuming you just taking the first 3 rolls regardless of what they where in regards to. correct me if i am wrong.
>>
>>46101691
highest of first three correct. If you crit fail you have a fifteen minute window to spam the other option before I call it. Otherwise things shouldn't be too bad.
>>
Rolled 36 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46101637
>We drive
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>46101637
>>Do you let Felinski drive? (Roll 1d100-10 (nicotine high) (can potentially get there much faster but more dangerous.)
Let him drive, make small talk on the way there.
>>
>>46101734
>>46101691

Waiting on a third roll, otherwise I'll just deal with an 84 from the first roll despite with the +10 modifier.
>>
>>46101733
I really think you should ether wait till the votes been done, then call for rolls or just take the first 3 rolls regardless of what options they vote for.
>>
Rolled 75 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46101637

We Drive
>>
>>46102002
>>46101734
>>46101691

Going with this.

--Back to the Case--

“Not to fast Felinski.” You jog after him.

“It’s Adam by the way.” He retorts

“I don’t really care. But there is no way in hell I’m letting you drive my car.” You decide to reign him in now in an attempt to tell him to knock it off with the attitude.

“Whatever, I was looking at catching up on my shuteye anyway. Would you believe it if I told you I solved a case last week about the murder of a 65 year old woman who suspiciously left a large sum of money to her piece of shit grandson? Well turns out the son murdered her.” He then proceeds to grab a cigarette out of the new pack of Camels and begins to light it but stops.

“What now?” You ask as you get in the driver’s seat and start the vehicle.

“You want a cigarette… partner?” he then proceeds to give you a light jab in the side and offers you one.

“Maybe when we get there.”

--About an hour later—

Time is 10:15:

After about an hour of driving through the Chicago morning traffic you arrive off the Illinois turnpike and spot the crashed mail-truck and an officer waiting on standby to make sure the evidence isn’t messed with.

“Morning officer, Detective O’Hara and Detective Felinski, we’re here to inspect the evidence.” You shout to the officer causing him to fidget and turn his head in surprise.

“Oh hello Detective, got this entire shindig roped off for ya. Had to scare away a few no good street urchins who made their way out to see the gruesome mess.” He then begins to lean against a tree.

“Thank you officer for you diligence in preserving the evidence.” You say politely.

“Just doing my job, you guys are the real heroes.” He then pulls out a cigarette and looks on to see what you are doing.

What do you want to do?

>Ask Felinski what you should do first?

>Inspect the vehicle

>Inspect the body

>Ask the officer any additional questions.
>>
>>46102142
>Equip gloves
>inspect car
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>Inspect the body
Guess we don't get a forensic team to dust for clues yet. Ask when sanitation is getting here.

Regardless of what we do, >>46102276
>Equip gloves
Should be our first move.
>>
>>46102142
Equip gloves, inspect the body.
>>
>>46102326
>>46102318
You equip your gloves and make your way to the body… or at least what’s left of it.
“Wew… that looks like the lunch meat they served in the police academy.” Felinski comments.

“Not funny, now let’s see what we can find…” you say as you bend over but don’t know where to start.

>Roll 1d100+10 Sleuthing.

(I'll count that 70 from before as an 80...)
>>
Rolled 5 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46102439
>>
>>46102142
>>Equip Gloves, inspect body
This looks fantastic i love noir quests.
>>
Rolled 7 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46102439
>>
File: Marcus and Sons.png (27 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Marcus and Sons.png
27 KB, 800x600
>>46102318
>>46102492
>>46102523

I counted the 70+10 btw.

--Back to the Story--

You begin to rummage around the remains and begin to realize that the limbs were simply not sawed off from the torso, but rather they we shredded in what can best be described as a cheese grader. In addition to this you found a pristine and clean business card in the shredded mail uniform torso pocket that reads.

>See Image

“Well that’s pretty freaking convenient. Hey Felinski what do you think of this?” You then gesture him to come forward but motion him to keep his distance.

“That’s a business card dumbass. What does that have to do with anything?” he then begins to zone out contemplating what the significance of a “clean” piece of evidence is.

“Do you think they’ll have an accomplices prints?” You begin to ask.

“Bingo, it looks like the provisionary company might be our best lead. However I suggest we still check the car.” He begins to go back up the hill away from the body to talk with the officer.

“Wait a minute there might be more, you mutter to yourself.” You begin to look around the body for more clues and find another weird piece of evidence. There are threads of clothing which doesn’t match the clothes of the victim.

“They seem to be orange which contrasts with the dark blue of the postman’s outfit. Very interesting.” You mutter as you begin to scribble the notes down in your notebook.

(See image in next post)

Time is 10:45

What do you do?

>Check the Car

>Ask the Officer Questions

>Go to the Address on the Card, there is no time to waste.

>Go back to the station and receive a warrant. (Could take hours)
>>
File: Case 001 Notes 001.png (22 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Case 001 Notes 001.png
22 KB, 800x600
>>46102971

Notes so far:
>>
>>46102971
>>Check the Car
>>
>>46103050
Going to need another roll of 1d100+10 Sleuthing
>>
>>46103062
Going to be away for about 30 minutes or so, be right back.
>>
Rolled 89 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46102990
Guess we'll be checking that car then. No stone left unturned and all that.

Did the mailman have any possessions with him at the time of the incident?

Have the next of kin been notified?
>>
Rolled 10 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46103062
I hope this works mobile doesn't always work well for this.
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>46103062
>>
How do you guys want to play this cop? We should probably work out some basic idea of his personality.
>>
File: 1393649941922.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
1393649941922.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>46103568
>>
>>46103568
>>46103614
>>46103527
>>46103201
>>46103126
Thank you for your patience

I'm back to writing.
>>
File: Gore_and_Mayhem.jpg (40 KB, 550x364) Image search: [Google]
Gore_and_Mayhem.jpg
40 KB, 550x364
>>46103126
>>46103201
>>46103527

>Search the Car

--Back to the Case--

You decide after analyzing the remains of what was left of Mr. Taylor, you begin to walk towards the truck and already see Felinski with gloves on analyzing the exterior.

“Notice anything Felinski?” You ask before you stop before you walk any further.

You noticed the windshield was shattered to make it look like the victim flew through the window. But that doesn’t make any sense.

You then begin with a new set of gloves to open the car door on the driver’s side, and you notice a cinderblock right next to the gas pedal.

“Felinski does any of this strike you as odd?” you look over to him and notice he’s begun to move out behind the truck. It seems like he’s in some form of investigative mode that you can’t imagine he’s really paying attention to you.

“Hey uh… O’Hara… you might want to come take a look back here.” Felinski begins to shout, and the sounds of gagging and vomiting can be heard from behind the vehicle.

“Are you okay Felinski? Let me check this out… oh my fucking god…”

From out back behind the vehicle in the storage compartment, you find what looks like an industrial meat grinder/grater. Through the gore and spewed intestines you make out in blood stained engravings reading “Property of Marcus and Sons” and under it the address…

“This is some pretty serious dirt we have on them now. I can’t believe we lucked out and found the murder weapon in one go.” Felinski states and proceeds to take a swig of water from a flask.

“This isn’t the murder weapon. This is some sick bastards idea of experimenting with the victim’s remains.” You begin to swallow a lot of spit, and shivers go down your spine.

“I think we should head to that place pronto.”

>”Y-yeah I think we should.”

>”We need to remain calm and go back to the station with our findings.”
>>
>>46104676
>>”Y-yeah I think we should.”
Ask one of the other officers report in for us
>>
>>46104676
>>
>>46104676
>>”We need to remain calm and go back to the station with our findings.”
Changing from >>46104808
>>
>>46104676
Doesn't make sense. Seems to me you are going to murder someone and turn his remains into friday's special you are going to make a little effort to cover your tracks, not leave the grinder out in the fucking open. Get the machine dusted and look for prints.

The sole threat of going public with the red note scoop should be enough to get Mr. Marcus and Sons' full cooperation. An scandal like this spells death for any business, specially so in the specialty food world.
We have the How, but we need the Who and the Why.
>>
>>46104676
>”Y-yeah I think we should.”
We need to take the smokes out of the equation though for this sadly, and be the law. And the law is you.
>>
>>46104941
>>46104919
>>46104854

“We need to go back to the station and report this to the deputy commissioner.” You then look at Felinski and he begins to open his mouth in protest before he weakly nods his head.

“You’re wet behind the years, but you’re right.” He then proceeds to go talk to the cop to call in a sanitation team to clean up the mess.

“Are you fellas sure you found what you needed?” The officer asks before he attempts to go back to where you are standing.

“Officer with all due respect, you probably don’t want to see this.” You weakly let those words escape you mouth. You then right down a few more notes to take with you, and make your way to the car to drive back to the station.

“Hey are you okay?” Felinski asks you and holds out his flask.

“I’m fine…*cough*, what the hell is this shit?” You take a swig and immediately gag at the taste of the stuff in the flask.

“Oh that? That’s a little bit of Leonard’s special brew that he made in his tub at home. It’s a little strong, but it gets the job done just fine.” He then takes the flask back from you and downs the rest of it.

“You’re drinking alcohol? But there’s prohibition going on! You can’t get away with that, what would the commissioner think? This is illegal.” You begin to calm down from the horrors of the day and begin to call into question Felinski and his ill judgement to bring contraband with you to a professional investigation.

“You aren’t going to rat on me and poor old Leonard are you?” He says while trying to diffuse the situation.

“I-I…” you begin to blather out.

>”I’m not going to tell the commissioner, I need you with me on this case.”

>”I think you should be the one to tell the upper brass.”

>”I’m going to do what’s right about your behavior…”

>”Write-In”
>>
>>46105321
>”I’m not going to tell the commissioner, I need you with me on this case.”
Whatever you need to get through the day man. Just so long as you make your own and don't buy nothing from those oily goombas, filthy immigrants.
>>
>>46105321
>>”I’m not going to tell the commissioner, I need you with me on this case.”
We shouldn't follow evil laws.
>>
File: Tommy-Gun-Drive-By.jpg (45 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
Tommy-Gun-Drive-By.jpg
45 KB, 500x376
>>46105438
>>46105485

“I’ll keep you’re secret for now, just try not to make your own or get caught up with the shifty wops.” You mutter under your breath.

“Thank you for understanding. Never liked that law anyway.” He lets out a long sigh.

“Well the law is the law. That’s why I smoke cigarettes. It’s better and healthier than booze.” You say and then laugh a bit.

“Hey-uh O’Hara, don’t you think that car that’s behind us is following a little too closely?” He proceeds to check behind where you are driving when suddenly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFibQMvA8Ts

“Holy fucking shit what the hell is this?” You shout as you floor the gas pedal as your windshield shatters and your car proceeds to veer left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzYOQCkCid0

“They’re fucking shooting at us. Get us the fuck out of here O’Hara!” Felinski begins shouting and shaking you violently.

“Jesus fucking Christ let go of me so I can stay on the road.”

Roll 1d100 (sober, and driving under intense stress)
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>46105745
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>46105745
Oh shit
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>46105745
Tell Felinski to shoot back.
>>
>>46105770
>>46105780
>>46105842

You manage to keep control of the vehicle but smash your side mirror by grazing a powerline on the side of the road, before making your way back to the center.

“Holy shit they’re gaining on us O’Hara, can’t this piece of junk go any faster?” He’s almost close to bawling his eyes out at this point but you manage to slap him upside the head.

“What the hell’s the matter with you Felinski? Get your head out of your ass and shoot back, you have a gun.” You manage to yell out under the sound of gun fire. The car is still maintaining a decent pace with your vehicle, and things are getting hairy. When finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VnPCyzSBlk

“Shit fuck shit, fuck, holy god fucking dammit.” Felinski may be loosing his mind but he’s firing back with his .44, and it’s loud as shit.

“Do you think you can hit their tires?” You shout to him.

“If you keep this fucker steady, I’ll see what I can do!” He’s trying his best it seems, and he’s giving it his all.

“We’re about 8 miles from the city proper! If we managed to get into downtown Chicago, we can lure them into a jam.” You shout back again, but the gunfire of the car behind you, and that of Felinski’s .44 is enough to cause you to spike in adrenaline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VnPCyzSBlk

“Gotta reload!” Felinski is starting to shake in either fear or excitement. Nothing matters anymore right now, other than the road.

>Roll 1d100+10 (sober, stress, adrenaline)
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>46106102
>>
>>46106130
Now i don't want to roll and fuck it all up.
>>
>>46106157
Come on anon, it's like 1 in 100 odds you get a natural 1, and 1 in 10 that you get a better roll
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>46106102
Tell Felinski to take a few seconds to aim then fire not spray bullets everywhere
>>46106185
These aren't normal dice /tg/ dice have no mercy.
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>46106102
>>
>>46106130

Through what can best be as extraordinary feats of human will and endurance, you managed to keep the vehicle stable on the windy road into the city when suddenly.

*BANG!*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZxjVCgwbL8

“I got’em I got those bastards!” Felinski yells after getting one well-placed shot.

You begin to shout in utter joy and praise. You look into your side view mirror however and you see to your utter horror, that the car that Felinski shot, had not only stop chasing you, but managed to wrap itself around a tree in the process.

“Holy shit! There’s no way they could’ve survived that. Shit, we need to go and investigate this.” You begin to put the car over, only for the wheel to lunged at and the car being redirected back on the road.

“What the hell Felinski? We should check this out! They might be the connected to the murder.” You then proceed to attempt to turn around, before you get a stare down the barrel of a Felinski’s gun.”

“Keep driving… I don’t want to fuck with their friends who are bound to be storming this place any minute.” He begins to whisper in fear and anger, it seems he’s suffering from coming down from the adrenaline high.

“What the hell man, put that thing away! I thought we worked well together back there, no need to mash my brains against the side of the car.” You yell and begin to pull your piece but you stop, as Felinski begins to break down into heavy sobbing.

“Jesus Christ man, get a hold of yourself, I get it, we’ll head back to the station. Just don’t ever fucking point a gun in my face without the intent to shoot me ever again got it.” You then proceed to steer back onto the road only to see friendly police cars on the way.

“Oh thank Christ it’s friendlies.” You mutter to yourself and await their arrival.

Roll 1d100-10
>>
Rolled 31 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46106566
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>46106566
This doesn't look good let the friendlies deal with the crashed car and head straight to the station.
>>
>>46106630
Damn O'Hara isn't going down easy he should have been a race car driver.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>46106566
>>
>>46106630
>>46106604
>>46106698
>>46106741

“Well… fuck…” Felinski says as he drops his gun.

“What are they not friendlies?” You say in abject horror and ready your 1911.

“Put that shit away or we’re both dead.” He says as he looks toward the man in uniform who is rapidly approaching your vehicle.

“Mr. Felinski… Mr. O’Hara, we had a report of a car chase and drive-by shooting, shortly after you left the crime scene.” The officer than proceeds to look at Felinski who proceeds to flinch.

“Well, it looks like I don’t need to question either of you two, the look is on your faces. All you have to do now is face the music.” He proceeds to offer you a cigarette, and gives a dirty look to Felinski.

“What do you mean face the music?” You ask again nervously.

“The commissioner is pissed. Not at you Mr. O’Hara, but at his idiot son. You’re little light show managed to have him receive a call about a concerned and very important citizen, and his very important testimony that puts his idiot son in the hot seat as a primary suspect in the kidnapping and possible murder of the mayors daughter.” He then proceeds to point his gun at Felinski…

“You’re under arrest Felinski, either come quietly or let this be the end of your little tale.” He then ushers you to get out of the car.

You give a look at Felinski and his face says it all. It’s telling you that you should just do what the officer says and let him arrest him peacefully. You watch as he gets cuffed, and he gets escorted to the detainment vehicle.

Then suddenly out of nowhere, the person who you’d be least welcomed to seeing right now appears.

“Detective O’Hara…” The deputy commissioner appears from another vehicle that pulled up with the police.

“Hello sir…” You begin to announce and give a polite salute. When in reality you want to seriously want to slug him in the face.

(1/2)
>>
>>46107233

“Now I know this seems bad, but you did a great job. I’m assuming your case is going well?” He holds out his hand, and beacons for the case file and your notes.

“Here you are sir, this is what I was going to give you when you got back to the station.” You say as you hand him the sensitive information.

“Good to see you’re smarter than we previously thought when we gave you the position. To think you’d find this much telling information from the crime scene alone.” He then continues to flip through your notes.

“Interesting that this machine you found is the same one that was reported stolen from the Marcus and Sons storefront.”

“In addition to that we determined that the robbed storefront was also owned by a Mr. Bart Streufer, another murder victim. However his death we determined from another detective was collateral.”

He then proceeds to flip through the notes some more.

“Funny you should find these orange fibers on the body. The same orange fibers were found on Mrs. Turner.” He then proceeds to lick his lips in anticipation for your response.

“So you think all these murders were done by the same person?” You ask sheepishly.

“Yes they were, and better yet we know the man who did it.” He then cracks a smile.

“Who would that be sir?” You begin to hazard a guess with how the Deputy would answer.

“Why who else, than the young man we just sent away in that vehicle?” he then proceeds to laugh it off, and begins by handing you $200 dollars.

“Detective O’Hara, would you like to testify in court against a Mr. Adam Felinski?” He then grabs your hand and puts the money into it, and closes it, patting it tight for good measure.

(2/3) Sorry
>>
>>46107296
You then stand there your eyes completely hollowed out, and your mind drawing a blank, you have an idea of what’s happening, and you are furious. The Deputy, after noticing a slight change in atmosphere proceeds to wish you a cheery day, and gives you a ride to the station.
The time is 13:30
(END OF THREAD)
Thank you all for participating. The next thread will hopefully be next Friday. You’ve all been wonderful, and I hope you all enjoyed this.
The next thread will deal with O’Hara recovering from his shock at the events that transpired, and his attendance to his sister’s party. With the incrimination and arrest of who he believes is an innocent man looming over his mind, and a possible serial murderer is still on the loose. Will our Detective pull himself together to stand up to corruption and save his partner? Will he close the case and go along with his life, or will he continue to hunt the man who commited these crimes to clear the name of Felinski?

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/detective_qm

Archived Thread:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46098456/
>>
>>46107422
Thanks for running I love these types of quests.
Do you have a lot of cases prepared or is this a shortish quest?
>>
>>46107464
I actually have some future cases planned. But it will all depend on how O'Hara will deal with his partner getting locked up. Will he end up looking the other way, or will he proceed to find a way to clear his name, and fight back against the powers that be in the name of doing what is right.

I've left this all up to the players, to decide.
>>
>>46107521
I am going to vote to stand up for Felinski cops shouldn't turn on each other for money. Despite him being a coward and unsuitable for being a cop we can't let someone who goes after politicians families go free. see you next Friday qm.
>>
>>46107793

Lurker here, I honestly like Felinski and hope you guys help him.
Cya next friday - and thanks OP.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.