[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/ do any of you have experience with hero system? The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 750x1334
Hey /tg/ do any of you have experience with hero system? The system looks solid but I'm wondering if it can be easily exploited with only 200 points if someone didn't enforce the active point cap on powers. What are some examples of such exploits?
>>
Sorry OP. You've fallen in love with a system nobody plays.
>>
>>46064716
It can be abused on a horrible min/maxing way unlike anything you've ever played.

I've not played 6th ed, only up to 5th revised (FREd) so some abuses may no longer be valid.

Ranged attacks can be "spread" to either increase the number of targets hit, or to increase your OCV. On Energy Blast its -1d6 for each +1 OCV or each additional hex he spreads across.

200 points is 40d6. Drop a little for increased Endurance.

Martial artists with duplication and high Teamwork get stupid fast.

Invisible Bricks are a bucket of rape if the other characters don't have enhanced senses, or the right senses, depending on what you're invisible to.

Entangles, with Sticky, and Takes No Damage From Attacks isn't bad by itself, but if you've got a sniper in the party...

Area Effect and Autofire combine into an ugly mess.
>>
>>46064716
Oh yeah, Movement powers and Desolidification with Useable As An Attack are the supreme dick move.
>>
>>46065274
What about tricks with telekinesis (-1/2 only affects (all) metals). My GM is kinda lacking in knowledge when it comes to multipower pools but I don't want to try and abuse the pool, just making all my extremely useful utility powers in fixed slots cost 3 points.
>>
>>46065324
Remember, what the power does, is seperate from how the power does it.

Metalbend some chain link fence to trap someone?
Entangle

Rip the iron out of their blood?
Killing Attack, with No Normal Defence and Does Body.

Will a lamp post to grab someone and lift them somewhere?
Telekinesis with Physical Manifestation

Wrap a power line around someone?
Entangle with linked Energy Blast and Continuous, Uncontrolled.
>>
Are you playing 6th Edition.

If you are, head over to the Hero Games forums. Good people.

But 9/10 of the things that go on here will get you banned there. Its a civil board, but very helpful.
>>
>>46065449
So I can't do any of that unless I pay for the cost of the power I'm imitating or no?
>>
Here's a question. If I have 60 STR and I Throw a iron ball (Req. 0 strength to lift) would I get the 12d6 PD from the strength AND the velocity damage stacked on top of that? Could I use the optional realistic throwing tables in the expanded brick book to throw 22KG at escape velocity at a wall/opponent?
>>
>>46065951
Sorry. "12d6 Physical Damage*"
>>
>>46065951
I'm sorry, but throwing something at 11,184 meters per second using a optional rule is not going to give you a one-shot kill attack no matter how you convince me.
>>
>>46065568
You set the multipower pool cost. eg:100 pts

Each fixed slot costs 10 points (1/10 of the pool).

Each slot can have a maximum of 100 Active points (power with advantages)

Limitations are then applied to the cost of the slot.

IF a Limitation applies to every slot, then you can apply it to the multipower pool.

EXAMPLE

Multipower 100 pts. Make it an Obvious, Inaccessable focus, (Power Ring) and you pay 67 pts.

Fixed slot 1-Flight (just the basics)
7pts (67/10=6.7=>7)

Fixed slot 2-Energy Blast 13d6 Armour Piercing
7 pts (67/10=6.7=>7)
Power builds as:
65 pts x1.5 (AP +1/2 advantage)= 97.5
97.5 < 100 so it fits and is ok

Fixed slot 3-Energy Blast 20d6 Increased Endurance (1/2 limitation)
5 pts
Power builds as 1d5=5pts => 20d6=100pts
100pts is the limit for each slot so its ok
The limitation combines with the multipower's OIF limitation so the slot is 100/10=10 =>10/2 (1+1/2+1/2)=5

Because you have Fixed slots ( Ultimate is the correct term), each slot must use its maximum. Each slot has 100 active points worth of power, so you can't use more than one power at a time.

If you had a 100 point multipower, and a bunch of 50 point powers in ultimate slots, then you could have 2 powers running at the same time.
>>
>>46065324
If you want to go with a bunch of low power utility slots, you're setting yourself up to be a support character. Get a good handle on tactics, and what your teammates can do.

Handy powers include Flash, Entangle, Supress, Environmental Change (lots of neat stuff in there), Darkness, Tunnelling and Healing.

Don't try to stand and fight. Your teammates will do that. You make their job easier by weakening opponents, or making it harder to do their job. 30 pts of entangle isn't much to a Brick. But to an Energy Projector with a low strength? That's one round he's not shooting. 30 points of Darkness isn't much, but entangle a telepath and they hit them with Darkness and they can no longer target by sight. Then have the Brick grab a car and hit them. Cars are area affect weapons.
>>
>>46064716
Hero/champions is fucking awesome. You'll have a hard time getting stupid people interested in it, so don't bother. Only recruit intelligent people.
>>
Any body have a pdf floating around? i purchased a copy of the most recent digital edition, but apparently after a hard ware update or something on their servers i no longer have access to it.
>>
>>46064716
>The system looks solid
it's not

>>46064716
>I'm wondering if it can be easily exploited
Oh... you're THAT kind of player. In that case you will LOVE the system. Please stay away from my table.
>>
>>46070176
Just contact them. They'll sort it out for you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.