[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rise of a Prophet Quest 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 1
File: Lera.jpg (84 KB, 390x501) Image search: [Google]
Lera.jpg
84 KB, 390x501
You crawled out from beneath the rubble to look out at the destruction. Another bandit attack has ravaged your home. Your village was peaceful though it had a few hunters and guards. The thing that everyone hoped and feared was when the odd Adventurers would come through. Wizards, Rangers, Warriors, it didn’t matter. Every time they did, they either bought everything they could get their greedy hands on, or steal anything they wanted. They could make fantastic boons or destroy everything in sight.

Your village was out of the way, in the woods between several mountains and the Green Wilds. No one except treasure seekers wanted to go to the Green, but they came to frequently for your taste. This time is was a Sorcerer and a ‘Diplomat’ (though you could spot the knives hidden on their person and the glint of greed as your mother adjusted her golden wedding band). They had come in accusing your father, the local herbalist, of poisoning the well of a nearby town. Your father and mother tried to explain that they hadn’t left the village in months, but they wouldn’t hear it. The Sorcerer tried to cast some sort of fire spell, and the whole place had come down.

Your mother is crying over your father, a bleeding and broken body of a man who was usually so strong. She is wounded as well and there is no sign of the two Bastards who did this. You fall to your knees and curse the adventurers, Curse the world, even the gods themselves
>>
“You could get revenge.” You turn, and you are no longer in the remains of your family’s home, but a dark place. Everything stank of dust and decay. A dark figure stood tall, not too far away. Not quite human, with a single point of light instead of a a face. You could tell it was fixated on you.

“I have...business. With those two. And you might have just the spark I need.” It glided over to you, hardly moving it’s body. “My name is Lera.”

“M-mia.” You mutter, looking up into the strange light.

“What do you say? Would you like to pay them back for what they did?”

- -

What do you do?
>Ask what it wants in return, you don’t want to jump into anything
>You want payback. They almost killed your family!
>>
>>45990630
>>Ask what it wants in return, you don’t want to jump into anything
>>
>>45990630
>>Ask what it wants in return, you don’t want to jump into anything
>>
>>45990630
>>Ask what it wants in return
>>
Asking what it wants locked in, Writing now.
>>
>>45990630
>Ask what it wants in return, you don’t want to jump into anything
>>
What do you want?” You ask, standing up and pushing your shoulders back. Your mother always said to stand brave, even if you’re terrified. You can’t be weak in front of customers, but surely it applies here. Lera laughs, a deep, throaty laugh that makes goosebumps rise on your arms.

“Smart girl! You shoudn’t just blindly trust anyone, even family. That sort of thinking may just keep you alive.” A long arms reaches out and gently grabs your shoulder. It feels cold and hard, like molded stone that still gives way like flesh. “It’s quite simple. I used to be a God, but I was killed. Those two idiots brought me back, but they took something from me. Ill give you some power, enough that it and some clever thinking should deal with them. Give it back to me and I’ll even let you keep whatever else they took from my temple.”

This seems strange. You have seen many Holy Men pass to and from the Green, and heard of dead Gods and battles between ancient deities. But you’ve never heard of a God coming back to life after their death.

“You might want to hurry. They’re going into the Green, and once they go into those cursed Wilds you’ll never find them. You’ll have to hurry if you want to catch them.”

Do you
>Accept the Offer, you’ll have your vengeance
>Decline the Offer, You’ll get revenge your own way
>Decline the Offer, Revenge isn’t right
>>
>>45991277

sure thing, vengeance here i come
>>
>>45991277
>>
Accepting the Offer locked in, Writing Now
>>
Adventurers are such dickbutts.
>>
You nod and hold out your hand, which Lera accepted and laughed again. Suddenly, every fiber of your body feels cold, as though you were doused in water and thrown into a blizzard. Your life seeps out of your skin, leaving nothing behind but empty cold.

You wake up to your house again. Your mother looking over you with a worried look on her face. You can see the fires nearby, but you don’t feel the heat anymore. You have the sensation of things touching you. You recognize the wood and dirt underneath your back, your clothes on your body, but the sensations feel dulled.

“Mia! Oh Gods, you’ve opened your eyes! I don’t know what those monsters did to you, but you were so cold! I was afraid you had died…” She tries to touch you, but as her skin connects you feel a moment of heat. She recoils and looks at her hand. “Oh no. Did they curse you? We have to go to the Temple!”

I wouldn’t touch anything you care about for the moment. You hear Lera’s voice inside you. You might just suck the life out of them. Hehe, well. You’ve got a job to do. If you hurry, you might just save your Father too

Do you
>Try to explain what has happened.
>Rush to find the Adventurers
>>
>>45992022
we shal be known as the wrath of the pesant,
kind to the lowly folk of the land, a skurge opon the wealthy
>>
>>45992161
SorryIllbebacklaterloveyou
>>
>>45992161
>First see if your father is still alive
Then
>>
>>45992161
>>45992243
this
>>
>>45992161
>Tell her we'll explain later, but we don't have time to talk now
>>
>>45992161
>>
Rushing to find the Adventurers Locked in. Writing Now,
>>
You tell your mother you’re fine and launch off towards the Green. Your mother tries to run after you, but you feel faster and lighter than you ever have. Soon you have blasted through town and out the Western Gate. The road to the Greens is about half a mile, but you continue at your top speed without too much effort. Your heart feels like it should be bursting in your chest but it isn’t. You stop for a moment and desperately search for a pulse, but you can’t find anything. Even when you put your hand on your chest, you don’t feel anything. You don’t have a heartbeat.

You think about turning back, when you see a red glow further down the road. Careful to hide behind some trees, you see the pair of Adventurers burning down a blockade that your village recently put up. This time of year, Baloths migrate through the area and your village doesn’t have much protection from them save this barricade.

“Yeah, if we hurry here then we can get to the next temple before sundown.” The Diplomat/Thief says as he plays with some jewels. You recognize them as the earrings the Mayor’s Wife occasionally wears.

“Well, when you learn how to do anything besides larceny, let me know.” The Sorcerer mutters, keeping the Fire going. “Fat lot of good your lockpicking is doing now.”

They are distracted. You might be able to get the jump on them and incapacitate one of them with your new powers.

Do you
>Go after the Thief
>Go after the Sorcerer
>Other (Write-In)
>>
>>45992765
>Go after the Sorcerer
>>
>>45992765
>Go after the Sorcerer
Biggest threat. And he very nearly killed dad. The Thief will probably bolt but we can run him down if we never tire.
>>
>>45992765
>Go after the Sorcerer
>>
>>45992765
>Go after the Sorcerer
>>
oh, and btw, go for the throat.
No Mercy
>>
Sorcerer Sneak Attack Locked iin, Writing.
>>
You creep up behind the pair, careful not to attract any attention. They seem too distracted by the bright fires and their own spoils to care about their own back. When you are within distance, you lunge out at the Sorcerer, wrapping yourself around his throat. He calls out for a moment, then stops and begins gasping for air. You aren’t choking him, but you feel the heat and life leave his body. He ages beneath your touch while the Thief watches.

Within moments, the Sorcerer looks like a withered husk. Like every ounce of blood and sweat was leaked from his body. Skin flaking off in chunks, hunks of dried tissue and muscles crumbling away from the bone.

The Thief screams. Throwing down a small orb, it smashes and a huge cloud of smoke issues forth. When it clears out, there isn’t a sign of the Thief. What is left is their packs, both of them. It looks like he abandoned all their stuff.

‘Good. Now, look in the Sorcerer’s Bag.’ Lera says, excitement rising in it’s voice. You pull the bag off his body, and the skeleton crumbles to the ground, surrounded by the remains of his flesh. The inside of the bag is pitch black, but Lera tells you it is a Bag of Holding. Reaching inside, you touch something stone and pull it out. Unlike the stone and wood from before, you feel this idol properly. It is a dark grey statue that seems to mimic Lera’s form. On the front of it is a small golden emblem that looks like it was carved in after the fact.

‘Excellent. Now. Just wipe off the emblem with your hands, you should be able to. And then our deal will be done.’ You try to ask what it is, but Lera dodges the question.

Do you
>Wipe off the emblem. You had a deal.
>Insist Lera tells you what it is.
>>
I've got to help my friend's parents with dinner, so I'll be a bit delayed. But I'm still around.
>>
>>45993448
We did have a deal.
>>
>>45993448
>Insist Lera tells you what it is.
>>
>>45993448
Dark Patron Goddess is a go
>>
>>45993448
>>
>>45993448
A deal is a deal, no matter what consequences
>>
>>45993630
Lawfull Neutral ? i could go with that
>>
>>45993656
Perhaps more leaning towards evil considering what kind of goddess we seem to have attracted.
>>
>>45993750
yeah but LN can be hella "evil" too, no cares for others opinion of rules or morals, the only thing that matters is that the agrements are being kept,

"a devil triked you into selling your soul ? too bad m8 better hand it over or i will purge your ass"
>>
>>45993879
That does sound pretty appealing
>>
Even if you are suspicious, a deal is a deal. You take your hand and quickly wipe the emblem off. The gold fizzles away and the dark statue pulses with power. Lera materializes in front of you, looking as forboding as before amongst the backdrop of burning wreckage.

“Yes. You have done well.” Lera breaths in the air, and let’s out a contented sigh. You notice that the grass and earth around her seems to dry up, and the dust that was the Sorcerer’s body seems to rot away into nothingness. “Well, a deal is a deal. Everything they own is yours. But, I have a proposition for you.”

Lera steps forward again and leans down so the area where a face would be is level with your own. “You have a spark in you. A bit of magic that would otherwise have been overlooked. I can use that. WE can use that. The New Gods stole the world from me and my brothers. Though we seemed cruel, we obeyed the laws that were in place. We did not decieve and we did not betray out bargains. But these Newer dieties use you humans like playthings. You are pieces to them…”

You see vision of advanced cities, ancient magics, dark deals and greater heights. The world of the Old Gods that had more risk, but greater rewards. A world where men could only make or break themselves.

“If you wish, I can leave you alone. We may never meet again and you can live or die in the role of a puppet. But, if you became my prophet, the world of the Old Gods can be renewed. We could find my brothers and sisters...we could topple this stagnant world.”

Do you
>Accept the offer
>Refuse the offer

{Sorry I'm being a butt. the house is nearly catching on fire and we still have to eat.}
>>
>>45994881
>Accept the offer
seems to me having both would be preferable, after all you and your siblings will fight eventually, but if you have a common enemy.......
>>
>>45994881
>Accept the offer

A new world? Peace through Power? I can accept this.
>>
>>45994881
>Accept the offer
>>
>>45994881
first off, obviosly
>Accept the offer
after that
>Ask for more information, (like what dose the possion of prophet intail, what is this power we have been given, and so on

also what is our relation to our parents ? would we have a problem just straight up leaving them ? and what is our personalety like ? are we a good person ? do we have the smarts ? we kinda need to know these kinds of things
>>
>>45994881
>Refuse the offer
And everyone lived happily ever after.

But seriously though,
>Accept the offer
>>
>>45994881
>Accept the offer
>>
This reminds me of pillars of eternity
>>
>>45995060
>we kinda need to know these kinds of things

I think the QM wants us to develop some of those on our own.
>>
>>45995408
damn that was a good game
>>
>>45995431
yeah but then QM usually ask some kind of questions that helps determin it

its kinda hard to RP a character you know nothing about
>>
>>45995432
I liked most of it, but the ending felt kind of... anticlimactic. It felt like none of the choices you made interacted with one another, so even if you released that old god in exchange for power, it had a 10 second talk about that it was neat that you did that and then they moved on to the next thing you did.
I'm kind of ranting, aren't i?
>>
You accept Lera's offer, going down on one knee. It felt right, and you can feel their approval. When you stand up, Lera is gone. But the Sorcerer's bag is sitting upright in front of you. Reaching inside, you find a few interesting things.

A bag of golden coins, probably 100 or so. You find a few scrolls that have a bit of magic around them, but you don't know enough about magic to know what they do. Other than armor, food and water and spell components, is a notice. It is an official notice from the Capital Vornen, your country. It is an official notice from all adventurers to collect artifacts from various places across several countries. One of the things on the list is Lera's statue. And all of them are in the name of the 'New Gods'.

You could go on to the Green, where another artifact lays. Maybe it is another artifact that holds an old God. You could also venture to the Capital and see what the state of the New Gods really are. But you may want to go home, at the very least to see your parents and what you can do for your father.

Do you
>Go into the Greens, you need to get there before other adventurers
>Go on the road to the Capital, you need to start your quest now
>Head home, your family needs you!
>>
>>45996107
Where we're going, we don't need family
>>
>>45996107
>First look around the camp for any sings of flight the thife left, try to track him down if possible, always finish your meal

then if we find nothing

>>
>>45996107
>>Head home, your family needs you!
>>
>>45996107
>>
>>45996107
>>
>>45996198
>>45996200
>>45996270
checking on our family takes half a day at most guys.
>>
>>45996321
Theifs are quick bastards
>>
>>45996398
and giving up our reason for doing this will damn us more thoroughly than anything.
>>
>>45996321
yeah but..... the old gods and stuff..... we dont have a family anymore... the old gods are all we need + in the long run it will prolly be best for our family if they just belive us dead
>>
>>45996414
It's probably for the best that they don't see us as we are now.
>>
>>45996460
>>45996487
we should save Dad before we leave.
>>
>>45996107

It may be for the best if we leave those we care about alone for now, our mere presence could harm them in way's we cannot understand. And it would probably help to get the help of another Old God before we go off to look at the enemy.
>>
>>45996593
see>>45996487
he says it much better then me but this is basicly what i ment
>>
>>45996107
>>
>>45996677
So let them die?
>>
>>45996720
nah man, mom is still good and dad will make it out on the other side only better for the expirence,
(or so at least the PC could rationalise if you want the RP side of things, but purely metta i just want to get on with the quest instead of wasting time with likely useless interaction)
>>
Greens locked in. WRITING A REAPONSE. Thanks for keeping up, guys.
>>
>>45996107
>>Go into the Greens, you need to get there before other adventurers
>>
You pick up the bags and compile all of the things in the bag of holding. For a second you pass a mirror from the Thief's bag to yours and you get to see your own face.

Your skin has a grey hue to it now, instead of red or pink. Your hair is slightly darker now, as well as your eyes. You look a bit less...human. Not noticeably so, but it makes you feel a little uneasy.

There is a rough map of the Greens in the bags. It's not accurate, or even neccesarily good. But the Greens are an unexplored area so a good map really doesn't exist.

It seems like there are two paths through the Greens. One takes the river through the South and close to a wild Elf settlement. Elves in this area are a little wild, and there were a few rumors of cannibalism...

The other way goes North, following the mountains as they curve in and eventually breaking off to follow a small stream down to the location of the artifact.

Do you
>Go South, following the river
>Go North, following the mountains
>>
>>45997480
>>Go North, following the mountains
>>
>>45997480
>>
>>45997480
>>Go North, following the mountains
>>
>>45997480
>Go South, following the river

Let's fuck up some elves
>>
>>45997480
>>
>>45997480
>South
>>
Going North Locked in, writing now. And I'm back on my computer, so updates will speed up.
>>
You decide to head North. You have more than enough food for several days, and with your powers you feel much safer about going through the woods. You follow the line of the mountains and head off, after looking back one more time. Your parents will probably be fine. The town is used to building itself back up, and your parents weren’t poor. And they would surely want you to follow an ambitious destiny. They would only want the best for their daughter.

The mountains are much easier than you would imagine. Keeping the forest to your left, you follow up various mountain paths without much incident. Climbing mountains is much easier when you don’t have to worry about the pesky exhaustion of your lungs and heart. But you may need to remember to ask Lera about why you don’t have a heart next time you see them.

Suddenly, as you climb over another ledge, a small creature nearly knocks you over as it runs. It is a goblin of some nature. A few feet high and dressed in brightly colored clothing.

“Ack! OH! Humani! Ist Good!” It says and bows down in front of you. “Ples. You mus helpmi!” It’s trying to speak, but it’s quick tone is hard to decipher. Within seconds, dozens of other, smaller goblins pour out of unseen holes and surround the two of you. A larger goblin crawls out, covered in feathers and rocks.

“Humani! Mus give us girl. Mus sacrifice.” The other goblins begin chanting ‘Sacrifice! Sacrifice’ over and over.

Do you
>Hand over the goblin, it’s not your busines
>Protect the Goblin, you can’t let an innocent creature die!
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>45998579
Sacrifice to whom?
>>
>>45998579
>Protect the Goblin, you can’t let an innocent creature die!
>>
>>45998579
voting this >>45998724
>>
>>45998579
Kill those goblins, keep the girl as an acolyte.
>>
>>45998579
>Protect the Goblin
>>
Protecting The Goblin locked in, Writing now.
>>
You have no time for this, and the goblin clinging to your dress moves you to action. You step forward and grab the leader of the group. Same as before, you feel the life drain from it’s body, but you drop it before it goes too far. The creatures seem weak and you are hoping to scare them away The Goblin looks aged, panting on the ground and in a huge amount of pain. You almost wonder if it would have been kinder to kill him.

You turn back to the Goblin Sacrifice, but she is on her knees bowing to you...as are the rest of the goblins. They are muttering something with their faces in the dirt, but they are worshipping you. Even the Goblin you attack is on the ground. You demand to know what they are saying.

“Alra! The Mothers of Ends! You’ve brought to us to you!” The Goblins continue to chant ‘Alra’. “Ples, Mistrah. You mus come to the temples!”
You are being invited back to the town and temples of the Goblins. Do you
>Agree and go with them
>Decline, but ask for their help
>Decline, and move on alone
>>
>>46000013
I am but a simple prophet with a simple mission
>>
>>46000013
>Agree and go with them
A prophetess has to start somewhere. Might as well teach them about who gave us our powers.
>>
>>46000013
>>46000013
We have shit to do but minions are almost never a bad idea
>>
>>46000013
Go wif dem, but dey gotta treat yer girlie well
>>
>>46000274
This, best choice. Even if an ork suggested it.
>>
Going with them locked in. Writing it out.
>>
You agree to go with them down into the tunnels. The girl goblin stands close to you, though she is still bowed low and careful not to touch you. She is taller than the Goblin Leader, with light red skin and intricate tattoos and markings. Goblins are another race that you have heard about, and know are different in the Greens, but nothing you’ve ever heard about them was good. In other parts of the world, Goblins are wild, chaotic beings that are obsessed with possesion and experimentation.

But Golbins in the Green are obsessed with the world beyond. With the strange magics that run around the Green, they seem to have become enamored witt strange Gods. You’ve heard of adventurers coming across whole battlefields of Goblin Corpses, fighting over the slightest variation of the same Gods down to the last living soldier.

They carefully lead you down a larger tunnel, and as you go you notice the tunnel becoming more intricate and polished. After hundreds of feet descending down, the tunnel flares open and the true underground stands before you.

The tunnels are huge and carved to perfection. Pillars and tunnels with intricate designs carved into every crevace. Wrapped around the gates and columns is ropes with feathers, bones, and other designs, leading you to believe that the tunnels weren’t originally made by the Goblins.

Hundreds of Goblins scurry around, some carrying bags of dirt from deep tunnels and others are busy decorating and caring for the walls.

“You mus come to Temple. Mothah May-ah wans to talk.” The Head Goblin says. You are about to walk over, but the Goblin girl pulls on your head and shakes her head. She seems to be pointing to another, older building. More decrepit and run down, dug into the rocks deep below.

Do you
>Go to see Mothah May-ah. She must be a leader and it would be beneficial to broker power.
>Go to the Strange Building. You have already taken her under your wing, and this may lead somewhere.
>>
>>46000830
>Go to the Strange Building. You have already taken her under your wing, and this may lead somewhere.
>>
>>46000830
>>
>>46000830
Go to the strange building.
>>
You nod to the goblin girl and look to the Leader. The small parade stops and everyone looks up to you with baited breath.

“You, there. What is your name?” You demand, keeping your shoulders back and standing firm and proud.

“Toro So Rrro.” The Goblin says, prostrating himself in front of you. It is actually a little humorous, but you try your hardest to keep a straight face

“Toro. What is that building?” He looks down when you are pointing and he gasps, muttering to some of the other Goblins.

“Is ole Temple. Ole gods. B’fore us Gods. Godso’ Deep Diggers.” Old Gods. That’s something that peaks your interest. You aren’t sure what ‘Deep Diggers’ are, but it is worth investigating.

“Take me down there.” You command. The Leader looks to the others and whispers something. They seem to argue, but the relent and the parade of Goblins make their way down the halls. As you go, more Goblins seem to stop and stare as you march, but no one dares to stop you. Soon you stand at the gateway of the ‘ole Temple’. The other Goblins don’t dare to go further than the path before the gate.

“Is Curse to us. Gobs die when goin’ through gates.” You nod and take a step. Though you feel the prickle of what should be pain on your skin, the deadened sensations do nothing to stop you. You take a torch from one of the walls nearby and march inside.

- -
I’m done for tonight. If you guys like it, follow me on the Twitter @Ch_sun246. I’l probably run this tomorrow as well. I’m on break and have days free for the next few weeks
>>
>>46001466
This was surprisingly good C-sun. Keep up the good work and thanks for the read. Stay safe.
>>
Oh, wow, I am down for this.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.