[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suppose you're a great general or something, in charge of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Suppose you're a great general or something, in charge of a vast host laying a siege on a mighty city. After a great battle where you lost many lives but not too many, the walls lay breached, the towers ruined, the defenders routed, and the citizens at your mercy. The enemy empire is yours. All opposition has been crushed.

Well, save for this one dude.

He stands in the middle of a narrow alley, a small square far from the town center, the first floor of a random nondescript building, or some similar strange location of zero strategic importance. Anyone that challenges him, no matter the numbers or other advantages your army has, is wiped out: he seems to be utterly invincible. However, if you leave him alone, he has no quarrel with you - he does not seem to even care that the city around him is burning. If asked what the fuck he's doing, he does not have much to say: all he is willing to reveal is that he was "just told to watch this spot".

What'cha gonna do about him?
>>
>>45965680
So a literal Demigod of war decided to sit his ass in the middle of some shit alley?

I guess we just leave him be, or try to hire him...
>>
Brick the fucking alley up obviously.

Maybe leave a flap for food.
>>
Offer to recruit him. Someone with such conviction and devotion - invulnerability aside - would make a pretty damn useful asset, a lieutenant or stalwart defender who leads from the front in further conquests.

If he refuses, assuming he's literally not abandoning his defensive position at all, I guess I'd just send out a construction team, guarded by a small squad of skirmishers or something, to just fucking pave over and brick up all of the entrances and exits of the building.

Dude can have his fucking position if he wants it, but if the goddamn hero king wants you to stay out of his zone, you'd best do what he says.
>>
>>45965766

I think that if someone got that far, probably it's pretty unlikely that it would join your army and stuff.
Although one should wonder what the fuck he's doing.
>>
>>45965680
The Gods are cruel to give such power to someone with such limited direction. I wait a few days then have some men dressed as hoodlums burn the building down. Say they were the kids of some men who died that were bitter about his lack of helping with the whole siege thing.
>>
>>45965680
This hardly involves me. I'm a general and the battle is won so this is someone else's problem entirely.

I just need to handle the logistic nightmare that comes with maintaining both an exhausted army and overtaken city.
>>
>>45965680
Brick him in. He apparently doesn't need food, and can watch that spot in peace now.
>>
>>45965869
We've taken everything from him - the members of whatever cause he stands for are either dead or prisoners. It's worth asking.

In a situation like this, the defenders of the city besieged probably knew they were going to lose - his commander probably tasked him and anyone who was with him to hold the last line they would ever hold, and somewhere between his personal devotion and watching his city burn to the ground, he's developed some sort of true magic or unlocked an inner power. If I can learn anything about the situation, there's a potential for me to use it to my advantage.

Anyway, it's all good; like I said, dude's getting fucking bricked up if he refuses. We'll probably feed him too, maybe. But I'm not gonna cross a dude that can win a martial one-versus-100 battle.
>>
Have some lookouts watch him to see if he eats/shits/sleeps.

If he does none of these things, have my engineers tunnel underneath his spot and construct a slide leading down and out of the city. Have them grease that shit the fuck up, and then blow out the floor from under him so he lands on my greasy loveslide of "get the fuck out of my city".
>>
File: dorf.jpg (3 KB, 168x182) Image search: [Google]
dorf.jpg
3 KB, 168x182
>>45966126
>not seeing the tactical advantages of a perpetual murderalley
>>
>>45966173
It's too risky. He might not murder things at some point and then I have an alley I can't access and have to build around. I'd rather keep him out of the city and just shit all over the alley he was watching.

For science.
>>
>>45966203
You gotta take some risks man. That's what FUN is all about.
>>
>>45966203
Yeah, and what's stopping him from walking right back?
>>
>>45965680
if he let civilian pass i let him be
if he attack civilian i put wall around him
now the city is our it's time to rob and rape
>>
His very existence is a stain on my countless victories

I will go and slay him myself
>>
>>45965680
So we're not going to sit across the street and fire volleys of arrows at him until he leaves the alley and we can swarm him or he dies?

Who's the officer in charge of that shitshow, he needs a lesson in common fucking sense.
>>
>>45966486
Good job dying uselessly moron.
>>
Volley of arrows
>>
>>45966502
>>45966561
Who's to say they didn't already try that?
>>
>>45965680
Order my soldiers to piss on him from the roofs.
>>
>>45966502

if he could go down with just arrows, I'm pretty sure he would had fallen by now.
>>
>>45966551
>He lets his honour be impugned upon

You are a terrible stereotypical evil general. The only right answers are to go there yourself or kill everyone that escapes him alive.
>>
Send my messengers and seekers to go look for another epic hero, hire him, then make them fight.

Cover the costs and gain a bit of extra gold by selling tickets. Make popcorn.
>>
>>45966340
He didn't show the ability to walk in the first place. If he walks back, then we know he's capable of it. Also, grease.

Hard to look dignified when you're slipping and falling on your face every step back to town. Also if he falls down, we can keep messing with him.
>>
>>45966674
Seriously. That would be the first thing they tried. Then they'd throw explosives at him if they had any. Then they'd kick this shit up the chain of command.
>>
>>45965680
A few theories.

1. He's some honorable adventurer, and the last thing his master said was to guard something there. Could be something important, could be something personal, doesn't matter. This guy isn't going to blink in the face of an army he's not going to blink.

2. Something is going to happen in this spot that he needs to be here for. Maybe the Devil is going to burst out of Hell right here and he's waiting to kick his ass back into the pit.

3. He's drunk and he's fucking with us.

4. He's there to distract us from something else.

Further observation is needed. Tell the men to stop burning women and raping buildings, I'm setting most of them to a search of the city. Have them report anything that seems out of place that wasn't caused by us. I'm going to need some scholars brought in, we need them to go over the city records. Get someone interviewing the citizenry, I want every rumor, legend, and old saying that seems related to this situation.

If there's destiny afoot here then I want to make damn sure that we're not in its path.
>>
I do my best to find his CO, or other such person, and get them to order him to stand down.
>>
>>45967227

What if you killed them in the assault to the town?
I mean, it's a possibility.
>>
>>45965680
Brick him in. Short of that arrows. Lots of them all fired at once in waves from atop the roofs overlooking the alley and from whatever opening looks at him. During the arrow volleys our engineers will be working on bringing the surrounding buildings to collapse inwards. Once the dust has cleared we will pour boiling pitch and oil then alight it. Once the fire has burned down teams of peasants shall remove the rubble surrounded by teams of pikemen each with pikes at least 30 hands in length with cruel barbed freshly shit smeared tips stab under any overturned bit of rock.
Assuming he survives all of that and still won't move or bother us we'll just wall him in.
>>
Just let him be. Even walling him in seems to be a waste of time: it's not like he's going to go anywhere, and given what we know of him, a pile of bricks probably wouldn't stop him if he did want to go.

Would have to observe him and see what happens, though.
>>
>>45969455
i am the anon who posted that>>45966361
the wall is here to prevent potential victim to wander around the killing machine not to prevent the killing machine to wander around
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.