[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
continued from my last thread... >>45867868 still looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: 1457392904997.jpg (85 KB, 824x450) Image search: [Google]
1457392904997.jpg
85 KB, 824x450
continued from my last thread... >>45867868

still looking to crowdsource ideas for my "child-bright" setting (not married to any particular system)

Child-bright = bright world made for child protags. mostly filled with noble people, but not all. "cartoon violence" should be showcased, and basically no "blood and gore" (or grim-ness)

I'm looking for any and all ideas; all shapes and sizes. from an idea for a city, dungeon, race, etc... to a small detail such as a place-name, item description, spell idea, town-feature... anything

please don't hesitate to post any ideas you have. cuteness is heavily encouraged, and so is quirky flavor.

so far my influences draw from children's animated TV series', and E to T-rated video games: Nintendo games, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel cartoons.

GO!!!
>>
So far ideas include:
•Sky Castle (on a floating "Skyland")
•Sky Whales (providing transport?)
•Great Forest (two factions of Pixies engaged in an ancient prank-war
•Dino Valley (with mysterious giant egg)
•Great Cathedral (with sections dedicated to various deities. built into a mountain)
•Paradise Isles (tropical island chain)
•Goblins Camps (in mountains, and dragon-master who hoards the goblins' spoils)
•Candyflies (flying bugs made of candy, who create a piñata-nest)
•Junkmen (build themselves from junk, and trade adventurers rare items)
•friendly Mimics (who consume fallen adventurers and their gear, and trade to other adventurers)
•Underground Civilization of Mineral People (who build cities of crystal)
•a Hero Sword (with a prophecy)
•Skeletown
•Automatown
•Imagi Nation
•and much more
>>
Bump because it's fun
>>
File: 1403339786311.jpg (47 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1403339786311.jpg
47 KB, 1000x1000
>>45926438
>Imagi Nation
>>
>>45931866
it's a nation of imagination -- Imagi Nation
>>
>>45926280
When I was a child (before the age of 10), I spent hours on my own crawling through fields with wooden swords and rifles/smgs pretending to be slaughtering thousands of enemy knights/germans/etc.
>>
File: Wooden_Sword.png (17 KB, 206x230) Image search: [Google]
Wooden_Sword.png
17 KB, 206x230
>>45932254
>wooden swords
you just added a crucial component to my setting! thank you
>>
>>45932388
How will that work?
>>
>>45932496
Magic wood
>>
>>45932496
it'll be a relatively common item. cheap. a good starter item.

as I said, the setting is not tied to any one system at this point

it's just a hypothetical/fiction setting. but us fat/tg/uys love talking about settings, etc

>>45932510
sure... there's some possibilities there. enchanted wooden weapons. other things made of wood... idk... houses/walls?
>>
>>45932496
the protagonists are children, so...
>>
>>45926280
Races. Stupidly safe but fast races.

I'm thinking the standard vehicle is something like monkeyball with pickups allowing you to attack other players or get a speed boost. Some racers just screw around by going slightly off track to make faces at bystanders as the track can sometimes loop close to population centers. Crashing is as dangerous as sitting there pouting while someone brings a crane out to pick you up.
>>
File: super-monkey-ball-1.jpg (80 KB, 580x363) Image search: [Google]
super-monkey-ball-1.jpg
80 KB, 580x363
>>45932814
I meant like: Gnomes, Lizardmen, Ghosts, etc
but I like the idea of
>Stupidly safe but fast races
I've been looking for an attraction/feature for
Velo City (velocity). this fits
>>
File: 1410274185510.jpg (849 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1410274185510.jpg
849 KB, 900x675
You need a guild of princesses that protect each other and hire adventurers to rescue princesses.

>>45932814
>>45932912
So monekyball is a race?
>>
>>45932956
hmm, I like the idea of an agency hiring people to save princesses... not sure if the guild's members should, themselves, be princesses. Kinda makes sense, like concerned/previously "damsels in distress" form an organization... with the goal of ending the princess-napping epidemic; one princess at a time

>monekyball is a race?
it's a "race" (competition), but not a "race" (species)
>>
>>45932956
>>45933048
although friendly semi-anthro monkies could be a race
>>
>>45933079
they'd live in the Great Forest, or more likely a Jungle location (that I haven't yet included in the setting), somewhere near (possibly surrounding) Dino Valley
>>
>>45933048
How about it's an association of kings and queens and the princesses the adventurers recue don't want to be rescued because they want to be away from their parents?
>>
You need a pace like the golden saucer from FF VII but fillng it with games could be difficult.

Last time I also suggested that the setting be some magical world, like narnia where children's escape their boring lives.
>>
>>45933494
I like the idea of a giant amusement park location, "Play Land" or something ;)

>magical world to escape their boring lives
I'm thinking about setting it in a video game (something like that, or a futuristic VR thing -- there's some video game that takes place inside a video game, that I can't remember the title of)
>>
>>45934040
VR is old and busted by now, there are too many animes with that theme.
A video game that sucks the players inside is more original.
>>
>>45934040
>there's some video game that takes place inside a video game
.hack//?
>>
>>45934524
yes! that's the one

>>45934318
for sure... I like the video game idea enough... it explains how the party ended up in the setting... but how to incorporate new PC's into the setting without having a "renegade video game, sucking people up all over the world, at different times and places"... or if it is "renegade video game" what's the purpose or motive of *the game* to absorb people? to correct some error inside itself, to get rid of a virus? hmm
>>
>>45934677
It's a *magical* video game that pops into your life when you need it ad dissapears once you've learn what you need.

>>45934524
Sword Art Online too
>>
>>45934749
Is there a game of SAO? I know about the anime, but .hack// actually had a video game. It was a single player rpg where you play as characters in an mmorpg.
>>
>>45934749
>It's a *magical* video game that pops into your life when you need it ad dissapears once you've learn what you need.
like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
>>
>>45934524
reading through the .hack wiki entry... it looks awesome (although I'm not sure I'll ever watch/play it). I like idea of "The World"... sounds a lot like a pre-existing version of the concept I'm thinking of for my setting
>The World is portrayed as a fantasy setting wherein player characters can be different classes, adventure by themselves to go searching through dungeons or join with others and form parties, fight monsters and level up, collect new items and participate in special events. At the center of each server is a Root Town, which contain shops, a save point, and the Chaos Gate that players use to travel between servers in the game.

>>45934749
or maybe a ubiquitous game (literally everyone on earth has it), possibly MMO... that chooses certain people (for some reason... possibly to teach them a lesson... possibly to help the world... maybe some other reason... idk yet)

>Sword Art Online
reading about this after you mentioned it... I actually really like that setting too!!

>>45934801
>Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
:| damn, this setting seems awesome, too! now I have to decide/synthesize these different settings into one super-comfy one
>>
Don't forget Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
>>
>>45934840
either way, the point I guess, is to have the setting and the characters there-in (at least the PC's) be "self-aware"/meta, and incorporate a lot of clichés/tropes of games and or TV
>>
File: 1303876752913.jpg (167 KB, 681x468) Image search: [Google]
1303876752913.jpg
167 KB, 681x468
>>45934888
>Meta role playing
>>
>>45934908
but it's kind of twisted... because the idea is that the characters are aware of the fact that they are characters within the "sub-setting" but not the fact that they are being played by humans in a world outside of the world they are in ("super-setting"/IRL) so it's really only quasi-meta
>>
>>45934908
>>45934935
1)IRL
2)Outside World (in game)
3)"In-Game" World (game in game)

3 is aware of 2 and vice versa, but neither 3 or 2 are aware of 1 (which obviously is aware of 1, 2, and 3)
>>
>>45934954
or...
1 is aware of 1, 2, and 3
2 is aware of 2, and 3
3 is aware of only 3
>>
I've always liked the idea of toys that are alive, and protecting their child from the monsters in the closet/under the bed.

This is not, however, what you asked for, so instead: Maybe have characters that have different classes based on the toy they believe in most (Fighter - type has a wooden sword, Summoner - type has plush animals, Stealth - type has a ninja costume, etc...).

Don't know how you'd for that in with your video game idea, but there it is.
>>
>>45935165
>toys that are alive
>protecting their child
that's a cool idea. I'll probly incorporate that somehow... whether it's a specific instance (one character/child, or one town where the toys are alive, or one campain/story where that happens), or whether it's worldwide

>classes based on the toy they believe in most
that's really cool too! each character (child) has their own toy that they carry, maybe the toy grants them their powers

>Summoner - type has plush animals
I really like the idea of a "stuffed animal Summoner"... that's cool!

thank you
>>
>>45935165
How about you can buy magical toys that come alive to protect the owner?
>>
>>45935352
or win them (in a mini-game)...
that could add a poke-esque aspect, where kids collect, trade, and battle toys, which is cool
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.