[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your personal 40k headcanon here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 400x366
Post your personal 40k headcanon here.
>>
>>45923862
There's a rumour of an ancient eldar craftworld roaming the void, not affiliated with any of the well known craftworld clans.

It was abandoned ages ago, perhaps before birth of Slaanesh, by its denizens who presumably settled down on an exodite world and left the craftworld to its own fate. It's unknown what motivated them to do so, perhaps their seers foresaw something?

In any event, the craftworld was found adrift by patrol vessels of an otherwise unremarkable frontier planet at around the same time when tyranid hive fleet entered the sector. Governor organized evacuation of as much of his subjects as he could onto the strange hulk, with silent consent of radical inquisitor from his retinue. The craftworld then vanished before the system was engulfed by the hive. There is no mention of the incident in imperial records.

The craftworld then begun appearing, rumour has it, during pitched battles throughout the sector, turning the tide in Imperium's favour.

As time went on, legend of the craftworld grew to include adventurous eldar and rogue tau fighting alongside with it against forces of chaos and destruction.
>>
>>45923862
>A lot more of the Legions were neutral/waiting to see which side was winning in the Horus Heresy than anyone would ever admit. Ultramarines are the biggest example, but there were several others who deliberately delayed responding to the calls for assistance for fear that they'd pick the weaker side.
>There are female Chaos Space Marines. Refusing to implant women was a deliberate choice on the Emperor's part, as he feared that a method would be developed to let Space Marines breed naturally and create a super race that would replace humankind. Fabius Bile has no such compunctions.
>Battle Ssiters have specialized training for fighting renegade Marines. Through a combination of ferocity, rigorous training and exceptional equipment they are considered to be one of the only fighting forces able to pose a threat to an Astartes Chapter. Space Marines, for their part, have a very cool relationship with the Sisters and are often resentful of their presence on the battlefield.
>The exception to this are the Black Templars, who frequently deploy alongside the Sisters. The ignorant even refer to them as a male counterpart to the Sororitas, or "Brothers of Battle".
>There are way, way, more than 1,000 men in a Chapter. 1,000 refers to the number of infantry, and is mostly a convenient fiction to show Codex compliance. There are actually tons of "recruits", "auxiliaries", "pilots" etc, who frequently fight as infantry in the same manner as the 1k officially recognized by the Chapter.
>Eldar consider aggression a feminine trait. They think Humans are weird for having all male warrior orders.
>Tau happily appropriate any religion they come into contact with, and modify it to suit their tastes. The Emperor is depicted in the Tau Empire as a jolly, large-bellied human who brings treats to good children once a year.
>>
>emps is dead and pretty much always has been since he sat on the throne, whatevers there keeping that lighthouse lit and giving bits of itself away to protect psykers from chaos is actually some chaos entity, like so many others, emps made a deal with
>astartes have functioning genitalia
>>
>>45923862
Horus and the Emprah used to date back in college

i know basically nothing about 4ok
>>
Catachan are actually regularly armed and armoured.

It's soldier's exaggeration from the idea "Catachan's so tough that you need to wear a flak vest as a shirt", causing flak vests to be known as Catachan t-shirts by the regiments from that world.

They have similar sayings about all of their equipment. "Catachan's so dark you need a lasgun as a flashlight", and similar.
>>
>>45928547
That's just a holdover from old editions.

The Catachan book gave them a 6+ save for the vests.
>>
i still hold the star child and sensei as canon their too interesting for rouge trader and dark heresy not to be same with malal. only other thing is that there is an alliance of minor alien species that fight against humanity
>>
>>45928524

I'm pretty sure this one is actually canon
>>
>>45923862
The warp is affected by Gravity.
It has to be, because the eye of terror is still in relatively the same position within the galaxy, even though the galaxy is moving at INSANE speeds through the universe, like all galaxies are. The only way for it to remain in the same place would be that the eye is being dragged along by the collective gravity of that galaxy.

I wonder what the warp looks like near a Quasar.
>>
Eldar are nice and helpful to humanity.
>>
Tau dont exist.

Tyranids arent inevitably going to eat the galaxy (the possibility to stop them exists).

That Grey Knight never soloed a Daemon.

Space Wolves are Norse themed, not the retarded wolf shit.

Other than that, I'm ok with most everything.
>>
>>45929119
I aways figured the eye was a rip in the fabric of reality, which is affected by gravity, but the warp itself is wholly unrelated otherwise.
>>
>>45923862
Ollanus Pius happened. In the best way possible, giving the Emperor a moment's respite and revealing the depths that Horus had sunk.

And that's all there is to it. No perpetual, no termie or whatever. Just a man dying for his lord when no one would have blamed him for running.
>>
>>45929195
>Space Wolves are Norse themed, not the retarded wolf shit

they used to be, with just a bit of an extra focus on the wolves.
>>
File: Awoo.png (88 KB, 216x250) Image search: [Google]
Awoo.png
88 KB, 216x250
>>45929626
>>45929195
>>
File: Ollaniu Pius.jpg (112 KB, 940x564) Image search: [Google]
Ollaniu Pius.jpg
112 KB, 940x564
>>45929506
>>
>>45923862

Event Horizon is an accurate retelling of the voyage of the first Warp-Capable ship built by human hands.
>>
>>45927466
>/tumblr/
>>
Humanity can't win. It's a pity, but they can't. But that's not to say they aren't going to leave their mark.

The psychic scars of the dying race and the rage of a new god of the warp emerging in the Emperor's death will tip the balance. There'll be respite for a time as the Chaos Gods destroy their fuel souce and return to inactivity, but come the next war with whatever other races survive. Come the next cycle and things will be different. Slaanesh destabilises the 'balance' of Chaos, making it even more self destructive and the New Man reborn acts as the Order within Chaos, the random number generator that counts upwards in integers, now actively fighting against Chaos in a way to make Malal enthusiasts rejoice.

Whatever comes after Humanity will have the dead of the Imperium as ghosts at their back, howling and cursing their killer's names. And whatever comes of the next cycle will break it. Not the Necrontyr, not the Eldar and not Humanity.
Oh and not the Tau either but who seriously thought they would?
>>
>>45929195
Could Tyranids defeat Chaos?
>>
>>45923862

There are three Primarchs to the Alpha Legion. One died, ones chaos and ones loyal. One may or may not have assumed the identity of Guilliman

Alpharius became Janus, the first grand master of the grey Knights

The ultimate oh shit button of the grey Knights wakes him up
>>
>>45929119

The eye of terror (and other warp storms) are tears in the fabric of space time, different from black holes

Thus their position should be fairly static and predictable although it does raise the question of what exactly the total mass of the eye of terror is, since it doesn't displace the rotation of the Galaxy apparently
>>
>>45930086
Yes. The shadow of the warp caused by massive tyranid presence will essentially starve the warp entities when they fully arrive in the galaxy. And when they leave, everything will be gone, so that too will starve them, assuming the warp hasn't completely calmed down by then.
>>
>>45930283
Should be, but their positions are in fact not static, otherwise they would be in deep space by now, and not within the galaxy. Because, as mentioned previously, the galaxy in its entirety is moving in a particular direction, and everything in the galaxy is swirling around, etcetera etcetera. In terms of static points in space, the galaxy is never in the same spot for very long at all.
>>
>>45929950
Is this the plot of 40k or Mass Effect?
>>
File: great stuff.jpg (12 KB, 204x231) Image search: [Google]
great stuff.jpg
12 KB, 204x231
>>45927466
>Tau happily appropriate any religion they come into contact with, and modify it to suit their tastes. The Emperor is depicted in the Tau Empire as a jolly, large-bellied human who brings treats to good children once a year.
>>
My main thing is that I prefer to believe everything is told by unreliable narrators. The Guard claim that Olly was part of the Imperial Army, the Imperial Fists claim he was one of their number, and the Custodes say etc. All these stories have been passed through a 10,000 year long game of telephone and countless lightyears of space so it's no surprise everyone has their own version of the story.

Makes it pretty easy to not worry my head about retcons and new stories that trample on older fluff. It's just yet another legend from the mists of time.
>>
File: 1450853834237.jpg (9 KB, 316x208) Image search: [Google]
1450853834237.jpg
9 KB, 316x208
>>45923862
test
>>
My head cannon is that there not only are there still nice places in the 41st millennium but most places are alright. The average civilized world is an alright place to live and only the shitiest of places are told about.
>>
No Black Crusade will ever reach Terra. No Tyranid incursion will overwhelm the galaxy. Man will never reign supreme.

Khorne and Tzeentch just won't allow that.
>>
>that if games workshop burned to cinders, and fantasy flight took over, the nightmares will stop
>>
File: 300px-SigmarHeldenhammer.jpg (35 KB, 300x528) Image search: [Google]
300px-SigmarHeldenhammer.jpg
35 KB, 300x528
>>45923862
Ollanius Pius is still canon

Sigmar was one of the lost primarchs
>>
>>45923862

>>45930086
>Could Tyranids defeat Chaos?
My personal headcanon, the Tyranids ARE Chaos.

The warp is a-temporal, and so despite being eternal relative to their own unstuck-from-time perspective, the current form of the dominant Chaos Gods are merely a reflection of the most powerful emotions and archetypes the small segment of the universe that the fluff focuses on. It stands to reason that in the grim darkness of the future the gods would be grim and dark.

Other parts of the galaxy, or even other galaxies, having vastly different emotional realities have vastly different warp reflections. Imagine if you will, a galaxy devoid of sapient life, but rich in psychic beings. What "emotional reality" would be reflected in that galaxy? To simple predators, only the desire to consume and repdoduce are strong enough to dominate the warp. This "Great Devourer" quickly consumed its own galaxy, and in turn its own galaxy's warp reflection. It has consumed many galaxies, attracted to powerful warp-prey, sufficiently fat with emotional resonance to feed it. The tyranids are merely the physical reflection/servants of this alien galaxy's Chaos God.
>>
>>45928524
>Sanguinius had his underwear ran up the flagpole, the ones with the sleeping eldar on them, and swore vengeance on whoever did it
Spoiler alert: It was Dorn
>>
Kinda like the /tg/ meme, Kharn is actually a really great guy. He's very level-headed, tactical, and incredibly reasonable and patient. That's because he mentally bottles up all of his rage and anger for the battlefield, where he lets it all out with predictably gruesome results. Why don't the butcher's nails drive him to violence? Well, that's because Kharn is the only psyker who khorne approves of- his psychic powers allowing him to control the nails and their influence over him. Also, Sigismund defeated Kharn on Terra in what would be their final battle. Kharn hates Abaddon more than any of the other members of the warmaster's inner circle for killing Sigismund and depriving him of what should have been his ultimate victory.

Also, other khornate psykers exist- their one function is that their heads explode, and oracles of the blood god proceed to divine Khorne's will and advice as well as prophecy from the splatters and placement of head fragments.
>>
>>45929506
I mean... I kinda like the idea of him being a perpetual and then getting permakilled by hourus. It adds something in my mind to what he said. He had lived thousands upon thousands of lives and here he was, again, a simple soldier. If anything I think it makes what he said less about him. Less about him as an immortal and more about him as a human being overall.

In that moment before someone who could shred his soul into confetti he was a mortal man and none of what happened before mattered and what he said was more about the soldiers that would come after him. Sort of in a "Believe in the me that believes in you" sort of way.
>>
>>45923862

The Imperium isn't as shitty of a place to live as it seems.

Yeah, for every war torn battlefield, death world, polluted hive world, ect; there are at least a hundred worlds that could be classified as perfectly normal, even idyllic by today's standards.
>>
>>45933259
I'm pretty sure all of /tg/ agrees 'ol Ollie Pius is still a non-perpetual dude, who was just a dude with massive mars pattern ignore armor POWER TESTICLES.
>>
>>45933737
>space feudalism
>idyllic
>>
>>45928222
I agree with all points except what's powering the lighthouse. I think it's the 1000 psykers sacrificed there every day.
>>
>>45933803

You wanted head canon, i posted head canon
>>
>>45933845
Thats just keeping it fat and happy....and stopping from being devoured by the throne.
>>
I'm the greates and best inquisitor ever and no one can beat me
>>
>>45933803
The Imperium only works as a feudalistic society on levels above the planet one, and doesn't' give a singular salty fuck about how any given planet is run as long as there's someone whose door is the one to be kicked in when they fuck up on their tithe and the planet worships the Emperor, preferably in the more standardized variant of faith.
>>
>>45930386
Anon, they're emotional reflections of life.

Where life goes, the warp follows.
>>
>>45923862
There are somewhat-peaceful ork settlements all over the place, and they're all King-of-The-Hill espies.
>>
Headcanon: there are "female" space marines, but post-geneseed implantation the differences are almost entirely gone. Formerly female marines just look androgynous and are mostly found in the Grey Knights. If they're searching for pure strong psykers to be marines, I can't imagine they can be picky.

Headcanon 2: there are Chaos and Imperial worlds that are relatively moderate and indistinguishable from one another. They are rare, but they exist. You may stone me to death now.
>>
File: MGSkek.png (193 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
MGSkek.png
193 KB, 500x421
>>45927466

I like it.
>>
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is more than just war.
>>
>>45927466
If not for those last two you'd smack of having an agenda to push. But that last one is nice.
>>
>>45934938
/thread
>>
File: 1411500232520.jpg (476 KB, 600x1637) Image search: [Google]
1411500232520.jpg
476 KB, 600x1637
>>45927466
>>Tau happily appropriate any religion they come into contact with, and modify it to suit their tastes. The Emperor is depicted in the Tau Empire as a jolly, large-bellied human who brings treats to good children once a year.
>>
>Every faction has strengths and weaknesses, idiots and competent leaders, and the galaxy isn't dominated by the one the developers are fanboying over this week (or more like decade, looking at the Tau)
> Every faction gets an equal chance to shine, or at least aren't needlessly shat on put on a pedestal.
> Everybody uses the warp for magic, and no one is immune to Chaos. None of this "strong independent faction who don't need no warp" bullshit that's springing up everywhere.
> There are not more individual necrons than there are humans
> There aren't even more individual Orks than humans. Their living conditions are simply too inefficient compared to hive worlds and other ridiculous crap. There may be more Orks than fighting-fit humans, mind.
> The truth about the tyranids will never be revealed. It's not relevant.

>>45928721
This guy's opinions are shit and wrong. On that note:
> Perpetuals and all that weird novel/rogue trader era shit didn't happen
> In fact, all Black Library novels are shit and not canon
>>
>Squats actually exists in canon
>>
>>45935239
This.
>>
>>45928524
There is generally little more embarrassing than having to take a parent so you don't have to go to prom alone.
>>
The God Emperor is really more a representation of various ideals and philosophies than an actual entity. Any real-world historical figure that took the name was clearly influential, but not beyond human limitation.
>>
>>45923862
>headcanon
>
>>
Somewhere in the universe, some humans still exist that haven't been touched by the Imperium, or the Fall, and just continued advancing. And they are what the Tyranids are running from.
>>
>>45935612
>Tyranids
>not running from great titanous space whales who swallow them up in great mouth fills like yummy yummy krill. Being their most basic prey and staple.
>>
>>45934008
A flegling chaos god, those 1000 psykers are to it like what a breast is too a baby.

We dont know how pricesly slaneesh was born and what the stages were but i have a hunch the emotion a chaos god represents gets amplified constantly and like a star starit begins collapsing under it own warp weight. The chaos god will without a doubt be piety, Piatous would be a cool name too.

Or plot twist its actually malal.

Either way headcanon is the universe will live on, necron will take forever, the orks will get fucked up by the tyranid tyranidwho will die in droves being drawn to the warp schism like flies to a electric swatter, failbadon is failbadon, space travel continues still just slightly less safer from lore. A new man WILL happen again.
>>
>>45923862
Farsight's Dawn blade is one of the 99 swords of Vaul.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.