[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So im currently hosting a DnD 5e game and a player of mine bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
So im currently hosting a DnD 5e game and a player of mine bought a cursed sword, after i explained multiple times it was cursed, because i botched the price and said it was 50 silver, Any ideas for a cursed sword in a Pirate based campaign?
>>
>>45889593
It detects treasure and attracts Krakens
>>
>I fucked up and gave the weeaboo a katana, how do I nerf them?
Haha, idiot. You didn't correct your mistake like an adult, so I think you got what you deserve.

Make the curse something interesting, if you just mechanically make it suck you're an idiot. Make it have a sort of memetic enchantment on it that makes people yearn for it, so people start hunting the player down for their new sword. That way they don't get nerfed, they become invested in the item, it encourages roleplay, and gives you a free excuse to throw more enemies at the PCs.
>>
>>45889593
I bet she loves the vagina because she looks like a lesbian tom boy. Her butch lesbian lover probably plays soccer (Futbol).
>>
>>45889593
It makes you regrow lost eyes, hands and lower legs and thus lose all credibility as a pirate.
>>
>>45889593
Could you give a little more context? Is the PC influential or just some goober? Who sold the sword? Should this curse be weak or powerful?
>>
>>45889593
>Cursed sword in a pirate campaign
Does this mean you want the curse to be pirate or aquatic themed? There are really two major categories you could, sentient and non-sentient cursed items

Non-Sentient
>The sword was forged by a kuo-toa priest and has been tainted by the fish mans madness. In combat the wielder is considered to be under the effects of a confusion spell
>The blade appears to give the wielder the benefits of the water walking and water breathing spells, it does not.
>Sword grants -2 to hit and -2 damage

Sentient
>The sword belonged to a fearsome pirate and compels the wielder to steal vast amounts of gold and then bury it of remote islands
>The sword is a pathological liar and constantly misrepresents its abilities, it's only power is charm person (infinite duration) on its wielder to make it's lies believable

Unrelated but you probably shouldn't be selling the players magic items in 5e, it can stuff with the game balance.
>>
The swords aura causes passing seagulls to be much more likely to poop on you.
>>
>>45889593
>Any ideas for a cursed sword in a Pirate based campaign?
* The Sword of the Sunken Lords ensures that before a year's end, any ship that hosts it's wielder becomes part of the Sunken Lord's fleet.

* Merresidasaqar, the Impure and Fallen Star, isn't really cursed, it's actually a treasure for the doomstirges, the singing furies that ride the storms. All bad weather becomes violently tempestuous if the owner of the sword is around. This is particularly dangerous in open seas.

* Taintful Foulworm ensures that any person that drinks in front of the sword will suffer the most vicious hangover.
>>
>>45889593
Make them have to speak like a scurvy pirate all the time; in and ooc. Cursing is required in every sentence and a thirst for rum forces them to take a will save each hour or consume a pint and take another save (till unconsciousness).

the idea about detect treasure is great give it that but as a passive ability the sword shaking and vibrating in the direction of the treasure source gold or gems worth 500gp+
>>
Upon a successful kill, causes wielder to furiously pleasure himself/herself, regardless of consequences.
>>
>>45889744
You say these things as if they are negatives.
>>
btw op, when you made the price mistake why didn't you just correct it?
>>
>>45889744
I know, right? it's bonerrific.
>>
>>45889593
The sword really likes ship rigging. It works fine, but if you swing it within a few feet of any sort of ropes or sales it will force your arm to take a path that cuts through them.

This is obviously a problem on your own ship, but it's not like cutting a random rope on an enemy ship you've boarded always turns out that well either.
>>
>>45892364
>>45890158
She looks like she has downs syndrome.

You guys need some fucking standards.
>>
>>45889744
>>45893118
>she
>>
>>45889593
Sword of Fear - Water. Wielder must make a will save to approach or get within 10 feet of water.

Extra Rusty - The sword is extremely prone to rusting, if not polished and sharpened for an hour once a day it becomes pitted and dulled -2 to hit, -2 damage.
>>
>>45889744
Clearly a man.

I bet you love the ass because you fantazised about him. You probably play futbol (Soccer, more properly).
>>
>>45889902
Definitely saving that non-sentient one for later.
>>
>>45893118
>She looks like she has downs syndrome
Not really, no.
>>
>>45889593
It animates whenever there's a Parrot nearby (10 mile radius too much?) and acts as a perch for the bird allowing you to speak to all the previous dead owners of the sword through the parrot.
>>
The sword causes its wielder to be seasick the entire time it's in the wielder's possession.

It also has the returning ability and will return itself to the wielder any time he tries to get rid of it.
>>
>>45894522
Sounds cool.
Call it "the Landlubber's Sword"
>>
>>45889593
Here is a killer curse for a pirate sword.

>Feels like a normal sword until it is submerged in water, then it automatically sinks as if it were lead.

Better hope you dropped it before going overboard
>>
>>45889593
You can't let it go, it won't let you go.
Its worse than you'd imagine and makes interacting with the world harder.
>>
Works as the magnetic lasso tool from photoshop: If swung at someone, it accurately seeks out the holes in their defense perfectly and always makes contact, but then as the blow follows through it simply traces around their outline, cutting and tearing against any clothes they are wearing but it cannot go the millimetres further it would need to wound or draw blood no matter how hard you swing it.
>>
It rattles his bones. Loudly.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.