[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things that make your skin crawl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: 11916858975_f595119f6d_b.jpg (503 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
11916858975_f595119f6d_b.jpg
503 KB, 1024x768
What kind of creatures, poisons or weapons have given you a severe case of nope?

The last thing I remember were something my current DM came up with, something like demonic tapeworm-arrows. They are used by a swamp tribe and are enchanted demonic worms. The enchantment turns them into weird looking black arrows that can be shot normally but when they breach skin and draw blood, the enchantment falls off. When this happens, the worm immediately starts digging deeper into its victims flesh until all of it is inside. Once burrowed completely under the skin it starts eating its victims organs and muscles until it dies, then proceeds to use the corpse as host for its young.
It also has barbs on his head and extends them when someone tries to rip it out before it goes in fully, so if you do it anyway you inflict pretty brutal wounds.

I remember them pretty well because we had encountered another tribe with leech arrows before which would only become an arm-long leech and wrap around and constrict the limb or torso hit while sucking and inflicting diseases. The best way to deal with them was treating them like a regular leech and burn them off after battle so we didn't give much of a fuck at first. Then our wizard had three of the little bastards in him. You imagine the panic yourself.

Another thing was a poison that made your bones slowly grow spikes that just pierce right through anything that might be in the way. Muscles, lungs, liver and eventually brain.

Pretty nasty ways to die. So what have you encountered?
>>
File: BoneCancer.png (209 KB, 545x211) Image search: [Google]
BoneCancer.png
209 KB, 545x211
>>45858655
>Another thing was a poison that made your bones slowly grow spikes that just pierce right through anything that might be in the way. Muscles, lungs, liver and eventually brain.
Ah bone cancer, my old friend
>>
>>45858655
Giant mosquitos like from Jumanji or FO4 tend to give me a case of the Nopes.
>>
>>45858655
BBEG was a necromancer that figured out how to animate skeleton on a skeleton that was still inside a living thing.

PC starts screaming and tearing their own flesh from their bones.

Only way to get close enough to kill the necromancer was to get rid of our skeletons.

Cleric, previously a knight who was killed by their own skeleton and had to roll a new character, went through with the transformation to become a gelatinous cube hybrid.

Paladin became an Ilithid because they only have cartilage.

Sorcerer committed ritual suicide by dragon and became a ghost.
>>
File: 1391697545377.jpg (267 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1391697545377.jpg
267 KB, 480x640
>>45859398
Can you imagine how that felt when the guy was still alive?
>>
File: nope1.gif (5 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
nope1.gif
5 MB, 480x360
>>45859398
>>45860538
>>
File: big-boned.jpg (175 KB, 540x1516) Image search: [Google]
big-boned.jpg
175 KB, 540x1516
>>45860351

metal as fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 1134x942) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 1134x942
>>45859398
>>45860538
Fucking hell! This has to be some kinda genetic defect, or bone cancer or something?
>>
>>45863409
Yeah...?
>>
>>45860538
how fucking horrifying
why does this exist
>>
>>45860351

>Paladin became an Ilithid because they only have cartilage.

...Doesn't that end up destroying the previous sense of self and replaced with a new Ilithid?

In fact what god would actually allow you to become a brain vampire?
>>
>>45863692
It's bone cancer. I didn't need to know it looked this terrifying.
>>
>>45863409
>doesn't read filenames.
>>
>>45863711
there's a way around it involving eating some weird ass herbs or something that makes it so the baby lithids consciousness never forms/overtake/transform/ consumes yours

so you become a freak tentacle guy
but you end up turning into a normal ilithid if you eat brains, maybe only of good creatures
can't remember
>>
>>45863922
Interesting. Do you remember whathe book this is from?
>>
>>45863922
>>45863711

DM fudged the rules a little and made it possible, through force of will, to remain yourself during and after the transformation.

Also you could live off of a diet of animal bone marrow, brains and blood all mixed in to a paste. It was tasteless and hardly satisfying.

Paladin had to sell armour and weapon for lighter gear because of strength loss and further strength loss due to shit diet.

The high ups in his church never found out about what he had done. He would have been excommunicated if they did.
>>
File: parasyte.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
parasyte.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
>>45858655
pic related
>>
>>45860351
>Sorcerer committed ritual suicide by dragon and became a ghost.
Did he let it eat him, or did he try to have sex with it?
>>
File: roll for san loss.png (301 KB, 982x356) Image search: [Google]
roll for san loss.png
301 KB, 982x356
>>45863692
Because there is no god.
>>
>>45864820
Why not both
>>
>>45858655
Working on that my pc's are going to fight either inside of a magic users fucked up nightmare realm, or pulled from a pc's mind into reality, but it's basically a manifestation of panicked nervous anxiety, a giant tangled mess of hair, chewed off fingernails, and chipped teeth. Makes terrible screeching noises on every movement, grows larger when a pc misses it or second guesses them self as well as prioritizing feared or fleeing targets, thinking about giving big bonuses to called shots (confidence) on it and maybe letting a martial just coupe de gras on it as long as no one is feared and the beast is at minimum size. Lemme know how gay I am so I can fix
>>
>>45864849
Forgot to mention rusty razor wire twisting through the hair-body of the thing, not the most important detail
>>
>>45864820
It was a burnt offering.
>>
>>45864148
Sadly no. I found it on a page about mindflayers somewhere. It was years ago
>>
>>45868071
I seem to remember reading that I'm one of the old 3.5 expansion books about the underdark.
>>
>>45858655
There was one race my GM created that kind of freaked me out. Basically they where the remnants of a transhuman human group that found themselves stranded in a fantasy world with magic. They also happened to be a group of hedonist monsters with way too much free time.

If I remember right they basically fought their wars via creating the mother of all plagues that would basically cause women's wombs to rot and you major senses to fail. But they also having learned magic figured out a way to give the person infected a Regen factor that violated the conservation of matter and energy.

So basically your eyes would rot along with your ear drums and tongue and sex organs. But you would be effectively immortal and unkillable. You also start looking like someone who survived a nuke over time with cancer like growths that would never kill you.

We had to walk though a city that was devastated by this.
>>
>poisons

Diamond dust. Shit slowly shreds your insides over years of agony. Someone could blow it in your face or slip it in your food without you knowing, and there's nothing you could do about it. No cure, no surgery, nothing could save you. You're dead, and there's nothing to do but wait.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.