[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has your character ever been polymorphed or used a polymorph
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Polymorph snake.jpg (49 KB, 400x597) Image search: [Google]
Polymorph snake.jpg
49 KB, 400x597
Has your character ever been polymorphed or used a polymorph school spell in an inventive way in a campaign?
>>
>>45857940
I used it one time to survive without regular access to freshwater. My survival-skill-less Wizard was going on a solo adventure to explore the great unknown, that being a desert continent populated by various forms of reptilian and draconic life to the East. I managed to get there with the supplies I packed extradimensionally via Polymorph (into a Roc for max flying speed) only to find out that I was out of water. Since my plan was to mainly hug the coast anyways, I figured that all I had to do was figure out an efficient way to convert saltwater to freshwater. The obvious option would have been to just evaporate it or something.

Instead, I googled "do fish drink water," found out that fish do, indeed, drink water, then proceeded to Polymorph myself into a fish several hours every day to prevent dehydration.
>>
>>45857940
Polymorphed an entire squad of the city guard to surprise and ambush some corrupt lord and his smuggling ring.
>>
>>45858003
Polymorphed into what? Alter self them as people who should be there?
>>
Does it specifically have to be polymorph or can it be any sort of shape shifting?
>>
>>45858138

I read it as any spell that changes forms
>>
Had it happen but it wasn't really inventive, rather a cruel punishment and pretty magical realm.
>>
>>45858230
Go on
>>
>>45858295
My guy got forcibly turned into a small dragon by his evil dragon forced spouse. Partly because humans disgusted her, partly because he could endure more punishment that way, partly just to fuck with him since he couldn't do anything to prevent it.
>>
>>45857940
Not yet, but I am plotting a pixie encounter where they fly above the PCs and polymorph into an elephant.
>>
I've had characters exploit Polymorph to acheive immortality by changing into a younger, healthier version of themselves. Repeatedly. Every 20 years they'd reset themselves to 15 years old.
>>
When me and my group was first starting out the DM ruled we weren't allowed to kill each other... which is nice and all, but one of the members was an anti paladin in an all good party.

The antipaladin had it out for me, due to my previous shenanigans. Long story short anti paladin got to essentially do all but kill me, and I would always beat them in a fight, but I was never allowed to just end it.

By the time the end of the campaign rolls around the anti paladin has lost pretty much everything and is suicidal. Deciding that being the murderous, rapist, all round awful person they were we would band together and ruin what ever it is they set out to do, we ruined their suicide by swapping their poison for a parrot polymorph potion. They maintained their intelligence, so we locked them in a cage in the guild.

My next character wound up being the parrot's care taker, the two became good friends.
>>
>>45857940

Is that Mialee?
>>
>>45859285

It's Snek Mialee.
>>
>>45859429

Mialee is a snek? Or a snek is Mialee?
>>
>>45859512
Yes
>>
>>45857940
My elf wizard, once upon a time, got turned into a halfdragon. Then permanency'd.

That actually didn't work out half bad.

Later on he got turned into a half-lightning-elemental as well.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.