[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Side Adept Quest: Prologue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5
File: 143543634.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
143543634.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

The REPUBLIC is at an end. The EMPIRE rules the galaxy. The wicked Emperor and his sinister apprentice Darth Vader seek to hunt down and destroy the last of the JEDI - former guardians of peace and justice, now enemies of the state.

Everywhere in the galaxy, star systems are crushed under the iron fist of the Empire. Warships hang like vultures above every planet and armored boots trample on the freedoms of every citizen. Yet despite his best efforts, the Emperor cannot control nature itself.

On a backwater world, a child was born with the rare ability to use the FORCE. Now, ten years later, their powers will finally reveal themselves. Powers which are destined to be used for evil...
>>
Jerrist IV was an abominable planet. Deep in the Corporate Sector, barren and charmless, the world was home to two industries - mining and manufacture. The majority of the population lived in slum-like conditions, in dire and destitute poverty. Above the slums towered the factories that most toiled in, and above those the palatial residences of the wealthy, for whom the vulgarity and misery of life below was nothing but an eyesore to be overlooked.

Our story begins in a smoke filled room, in a tiny house, with a poor couple and their only child.

Race
>Human
>Zabrak
>Togruta
>Twi'lek
>Other (specify)
>>
>>45867437
>>Zabrak
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 250x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 250x442
>>45867437
>HOUK

Because HOUK
>>
>>45867437
>Other (specify)
Miraluka
>>
>>45867437
Miraluka
>>
I'll close the vote in 5 minutes. Thanks for your support guys!
>>
File: 1453353864430.jpg (2 MB, 3300x1856) Image search: [Google]
1453353864430.jpg
2 MB, 3300x1856
Miraluka it is then. Writing
>>
Many Miraluka worshiped two gods, Ashla and Bogan, through the philosophy of the Greater Force. They did not believe in good or evil, but were taught to accept both life and death.

This sounds cool, means we are full edgelord dark side, more pragmatic dark side
>>
"Sithspit!" Your father coughs as he pulls back from the smoking wreck of the family food synthesizer.
"What's wrong this time?" Your mother calls out in what you've come to recognize as a deliberately calm tone.
"Power coupling blew again, but this time it took out the primary motivator and the main cooling unit." You know that there's no way your family can afford to fix this.
"Again?" Your mother folds her arms across her chest. "It's only been 14 weeks since the last one went. Why don't you take it back? We can tell them about how they keep breaking."

Your father purses his lips. "You know I can't do that. Jeergan Kal gives us a good deal on parts."
"Parts that you make. The stuff he sells planetside is all defective anyway, look at the way they keep breaking on us." Your mothers voice takes on that familiar durasteel ring that you've come to fear. "You should speak up about it, submit a formal complaint."
He sighs in defeat. "You know what happens when you do that. Do you remember what happened when the hab-block two streets down held a strike?"

You do. They were cut off from work, lost their homes and were left starving in the streets. Through your force sensitive eyes, their pain was like your own. Then again, without a food synthesizer there was only so long you could last.

"So who are we shaking down this time?" There's no point keeping the anger from your voice - your parents will see it all the same. "There's got to be a family nearby that we haven't taken charity from."
"Sweetie, things will work. We'll make them work. Ashla provides, so long as we are willing to believe." Your mother tries to reach out to you.
"Like last time? We went hungry for three whole days." There's no holding back now. "There's nobody that will help us anymore. I don't understand how you can defend Jeergan Kal. He's the one that keeps us poor. Not just our family, but everyone on this rock. He has everything, and we have nothing."
>>
"It's more complicated than that. You have to understand that your father-"

"It doesn't matter. We'll starve to death and Jeergan Kal will keep feasting in that sky castle of his. I'm sick of this." You make a break for the door. In an instant you find yourself standing in the streets, the smell of garbage filling your nostrils. A crowd of factory workers shuffles past in their carbon stained fatigues.

Then you see them, converging on you.

Chem and Osi - the terrible two. A Rodian and Gran double act that somehow managed to get their hands on a pair of blasters. They swagger about as if they owned the neighborhood, ignorant in the knowledge that they'd only last moments if a real gang took a serious interest in them.

"Hey, blindfold! What you got for me?" Osi wheezes into your face, eagerly rubbing his thick knuckles together. "I owe Chem 15 credits, and you're the one that's about to pay." It seems they've been gambling again.

>"You'll get nothing from me, stinkeye!"
>"Everybody knows Chem cheats at Pazaak"
>Just give them whatever you have, it's not worth the trouble
>Custom (write in)
>>
>>45868514
>>
>>45868514
>>
>>45868514

Fuck these kids
Gotta go you guys better do cool shit
>>
>>45868514
>>
File: Jedi765498234198527.jpg (51 KB, 751x1065) Image search: [Google]
Jedi765498234198527.jpg
51 KB, 751x1065
>>45868570
or become a javalin lightsaber mo fo
>>
>>45868514
>>
>>45868514
>Everybody knows Chem cheats at Pazaak, >stink eye
>>
Closing
>>
"What are you? Stupid?" You scoff. Of course he is, everyone knows that. "Everyone knows Chem cheats at Pazaak" That too.

Osi grunts in frustration. "You trying to tell me my buddy is cheating me? No way!"

"Why isn't he allowed to play in any of the Cantinas then? He's been caught cheating in every single one of them, not that a stinkeye like you would notice. He'll be cheating you too, idiot."

The Rodian squirms uncomfortably, his skin beginning to sweat out some oily substance. "Are you going to take that from a blind squirt? Are you going to let a kid make fun of you?" Osi begins to snort through his nose, his third eye rolling uncontrollably.

>continue resolving the situation 'diplomatically'
>attempt combat
In either case, roll 1d20
>>
Also, at this point we should probably resolve our characters name and gender.

Hit this post up with a name, then (Male) or (Female)
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>45868822
>attempt combat
But in a way where we just act threatening and once he swings or whatever we strike

>Male
>No idea on name
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>45868822
>>attempt combat

>>45868848
Male
Garric
>>
>>45868848
Bavan male

Baba Vangan was a russian blind prophet, names just a mix up of that
>>
I'll give it 10 minutes. Even if you don't like names, remember to vote for violence! Or not.

I'm sorry this is slow so far. How are you guys finding things?
>>
>>45869068
interesting start, shows promise
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>45868822
>attempt combat
sorry, distracted by dinner
Male
>>
>>45868848
Misas Varr
Female
>>
>>45868822
>continue resolving the situation 'diplomatically'

>Kane
>Male
>>
Closed.

Every combat roll was 17, even the d100 rounded. Crazy huh?
>>
>>45869332
Hopefully it's enough to let us steal their blasters
>>
"Try your best, nerf herder." This wouldn't be the first street fight you'd ever been in. The two thugs were larger than you, but they were stupid and mal-coordinated.

You crouched low, seemingly making yourself an easy target for the burly Gran. He came in as swiftly as he could with his heavyset frame, swinging a fist at your face. Thanks to your force-sensitive eyesight you saw him coming a parsec away, sidestepping before laying two swift punches to his eyestems. Osi recoiled back in agony, screaming like a youngling.

Behind you, Chem began to reach for his blaster. Unfortunately for him, a Miraluka sees everything that happens around them. You stepped backwards, slamming your forehead into his face, then swiftly turned and kicked the blaster out of his hand.

The Rodian staggered backwards, reaching out to throw a hopelessly weak punch. You sidestepped it and landed a few more hits to his jaw. He went down like spoiled meat.

Behind you, you could sense Osi beginning to regain his sight. He placed his hands on his own blaster and began to draw it.

>"Better not Osi"
>Take him out (1d20+5)
>??? (1d10)
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>45869665
>>??? (1d10)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>45869665
>??? (1d10)
>>
File: 696700.jpg (294 KB, 2100x1563) Image search: [Google]
696700.jpg
294 KB, 2100x1563
>>45869706
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>45869665
>??? (1d10)
Can we be a blaster wielding force adept?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>45869665
>???(1d10)
>>
Rolled 19 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>45869665
>Take him out (1d20+5)
>>
Instinctively you feel your hand reach down to your own side. As you clench your fist and draw upwards, you are surprised to see Osi's blaster flying directly to your hands.

Did he lose his grip on it and throw it to you? There's no way that could have happened. Then perhaps he fumbled the draw and you were in the most opportune position to catch it?

Again, you get the feeling that your explanations are inadequate.

Something is happening here that you can't understand. You wished to be saved, and saved you were. The how and why makes no sense at all. There's a ringing in your ears, and a rumble around your feet that you find most disconcerting. Since you were young, you've wished, dreamed to have special powers to save you from the drudgery of a workman's life. But they can't be true, they can't be real.

In any case, you are pointing Osi's blaster directly at him. He snarls at you.

>shoot him
>make him beg for forgiveness
>chase him away
>>
>>45870022
>>shoot him
In the leg.
>>
>>45870022
>make him beg for forgiveness
Grab the other blaster too
>>
>>45870022
>>make him beg for forgiveness
>>
>>45870022
>chase him away
>>
>>45870022

>shoot him
In the leg, disable and then disregard
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>45870022
1: Cripple
2: Grovel
>>
"Sorry Osi."

You're not sure if you're sorry.

A blaster bolt lands square in his leg, and the Gran writhes about in agony. But whatever, you're over it. It serves the two chumps right for their oppression of the common being.

As you stride past their prone forms, picking up Chem's blaster on the way you feel an overwhelming sense of triumph. A triumph that seems shortlived.

"Kane?" A familiar voice calls out to you. "What happened here? Have you been fighting again?"

Choni is a friend of your family - daughter to the Twi'lek that owns the local droid repair shop - and more recently, the bane of your life.

>"This is all just a big misunderstanding..."
>"Who cares what happened?"
>"Listen Choni, I have bigger plans tonight..."
>>
>>45870370
>"Who cares what happened?"
They tried sticking me up, I fought back, they pulled blasters, I disarmed them, Osi got shot.
>>
>>45870370
>"Listen Choni, I have bigger plans tonight..."
>>
>>45870370
>"This is all just a big misunderstanding..."
>>
>>45870370
>>"Listen Choni, I have bigger plans tonight..."
Why are we a boy again?
>>
>>45870546
Because the majority voted for the MC to be male.
>>
>>45870370
>This is all just one big misunderstanding,

>>45870546
4 votes for male, 1 for female anon. Scroll up.
>>
>>45870594
We're pretty hardcore for a ten year old too, but roll with it
>>
>>45870594
>>45870595
Damn, I didn't see that at all.
>>
>>45870620
Its cool anon. We all make mistakes.
>>
Tiebreak!
>>
>>45870665
>>"This is all just a big misunderstanding..."
>>
>>45870370
>>"Listen Choni, I have bigger plans tonight..."
>>
>>45870692
Done.

"This is all a big misunderstanding Choni." You do your best to reduce the frown on the Twi'lek girls face "These chumsuckers thought they could bully everyone else around here just because they had blasters. I proved them wrong"

You reach into both pockets, drawing the blasters and waving them in the air. "But that clearly didn't work out for them so well, so they'll be looking at getting real jobs now."

Choni places her hands on her hips. Her lekku seem to shake self-righteously "So what happens next? You give those two over to the security force and that's it? That doesn't sound crazy enough for you, Blindsight. Are you planning to take on a gang next?"

>"Of course it isn't crazy enough. Next we steal from Jeergan Kal"
>"My family is starving Choni, I'll take what I can get"
>"Who said I was crazy? I'll fight that meathead!"
>>
>>45870918
>>
>>45870918
>"Of course it isn't crazy enough. Next we steal from Jeergan Kal"
>>
>>45870918
>>
>>45870918
>>
>>45870980
>>45870994
>>45870952
Pussies. Let's rob the big man himself
>>
>>45870918
>>"Of course it isn't crazy enough. Next we steal from Jeergan Kal"
>>
>>45871005

Well yeah, duh, I am just not down for literally shouting that in the middle of the street he owns
>>
>>45871064
>resigning yourself to your mediocre fate when the force is with you
>>
>>45871082
>thinking you're this invincible because of some magic powers
>>
>>45871158
>giving up before even trying
>>
I'll close in 10 minutes. This'll probably be the last update tonight, it's getting late here.
>>
>>45870918
>>"My family is starving Choni, I'll take what I can get"
Give a guy one blaster, he thinks he's a Jedi.
Give him two, and he thinks he's God!
>>
>>45871265
Whoops, that's what happens when you post in too many threads
>>
>>45870918
>>"Of course it isn't crazy enough. Next we steal from Jeergan Kal"
Big money, cash money, dollah dollah bill ya'll
>>
>>45870918
>rob the rich man
Why else are we poor?
>>
>>45871199
>dying this quickly because of our stupid loud mouth
>>
>>45871443
>implying surveillance exists in Star Wars
>>
That's it.

>>45871441
>>45870960
>>45871005
>>45871333

vs
>>45870952
>>45870980
>>45870994

Looks like a fun outcome...
>>
>>45871602
>>45871005
isn't a vote
>>
"Are you crazy Kane?" Choni puts her hands on her hips. If it was supposed to be cute, it does nothing but remind you of your mother.

"Of course not." You shake your head frantically, trying to shake off any new evils that you picked up. "I've just been doing more thinking than usual."

You look upwards, to the shining palaces that continue to float past your field of vision. "We're no longer living for ourselves. I want to strike a blow for equality."

Choni's lekku twitch again, but with fear this time.

"So you're going to break into his palace?"

>"Of course not, They'll invite us in."
>"No, we'll just find our way inside"
>"I suppose we'll just give up, then."
>>
>>45871862
>>
>>45871862
>>
Sorry guys, but I'll have to call it at that.

Thanks for being awesome and I'll try my best to run tomorrow if I can.
>>
>>45871862
>>
>>45871983
You got a twitter?
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.