[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The PCs find a interdimensional portal that has a pair of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: trapped in manhole.jpg (37 KB, 636x361) Image search: [Google]
trapped in manhole.jpg
37 KB, 636x361
>The PCs find a interdimensional portal that has a pair of legs sticking out of it.
>Somebody got stuck in the portal, but they don't know who or what is on the other side.
Would your last party push it in or out?
>>
are they evil legs?
>>
>>45747852
Party can't tell, interdimensional fuckery.
>>
>>45747611

Any party that doesn't pull them through is a group of That Guys who are conciously and deliberately discarding a plot hook that the GM has clearly made for them. Maybe the players are rollplay murderhobos who just want to move to the next combat encounter. Maybe they're paranoid hypersensitive entitled little shits who think any time the DM introduces something into the world it's "railroading". Maybe they're just stupid. Whatever their retarded reasons, they're That Guy and need to die.

There may be situational justifications for pushing the legs in, like the same thing happened before and the legs turned out to be a lure used by an extradimensional predator fishing for mortals, like how angler fish dangle their light above their mouths. Apart from exceptional circumstances that though, not pulling the person out is That Guy behaviour. If you think otherwise, be sure to kill yourself before replying to me.
>>
>>45747936
Found That Guy, everyone.
>>
>>45747936
But you just said it could very easily be a trap. Not to mention if detect evil doesn't work like with
>>45747906
then something is certainly fishy.
Besides, if it's Shadowrun then you should really just push it in.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>45747611
I roll for anal circumference
>>
>>45748007
You don't even have a anus. Just a dot.
>>
>>45747611
Fuck off, we are full!
>>
>>45747961
>it's That Guy to take plot hooks

Fuck off, That Guy.

>>45747989
>But you just said it could very easily be a trap.

Uh, no I didn't. I said "EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES". Fucking reading comp, shit for brains.

>then something is certainly fishy.

Or the GM is just using a novel way to introduce a new NPC. Did you think of that? Course you didn't.
Jesus Christ, both of you kill yourselves. Your shit replies were barely worth replying back to.
>>
>>45748021
I'd say fuck me, however it seems like I'm unfuckable.
>>
File: 1270567330732.jpg (97 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1270567330732.jpg
97 KB, 750x600
Both.
>>
>>45748070
You seem EXCEPTIONALLY" butthurt.
Besides, some DMs tend to use obvious plothooks and turn them into a trap.
>>
>>45748070
>DM incapable of creatively changing the campaign to accommodate for player choices
>defending said DM

Hey everybody, That Guy wants railroading
>>
>>45747611
We steal their shoes, then push them in and hope they don't come back.
>>
>>45748068
The response of an over populated world to inter-dimensional refugees?
>>
>>45747611
I pull him out enough that I can take his wallet before shoving him back through.
>>
The two wizards and the cleric would bicker back and forth OOC and IC for ten minutes, the monk would make racial jokes, the rogue would try and pickpocket the dude before attempting anything, and the fighter would side with the lower level wizard.
>>
I'd shove as many marbles up his ass as I can convince my party to buy and push him through.
>>
File: 1451447572683.gif (100 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
1451447572683.gif
100 KB, 96x96
>>45749359
>>
File: Blame the Rabbit.jpg (74 KB, 640x510) Image search: [Google]
Blame the Rabbit.jpg
74 KB, 640x510
>>45747611
>>
Our Sorcerer would try to pull it out with some magic hand, while our cleric would ponder the existence of such a portal, and probably interrogate whatever came out. Our rogue would argue with our sorcerer over how what they're doing is autistic, while our 2 warlocks are either on their phone or too high to comprehend what's going on. Kyle would probably try to do something retarded, like push it in or shoot it. Fuck Kyle.
>>
>>45747906
>can't use detect evil on legs
>why even live?
>>
>>45747611
Depends as legs facing down is more of a last minute leap through a door so gets a push but legs facing up looks more like they were trying to get to our side by leaping in so gets a pull.
>>
>>45747611
>Dispel Magic
>Portal cuts the person in half
>Whoops
>>
>>45748075
Roll 1d4 every second day, that's how many hours you have to shit.
>>
>>45747611
Free legs you say?
>>
File: 1455932940195.gif (3 MB, 366x325) Image search: [Google]
1455932940195.gif
3 MB, 366x325
>>45749359
>>
>>45748113
cuter if it's a japanese girl
>>
>>45747611
are the legs hot and is the ass visible?
>>
>>45748070
You are assblasted.

However, you are also ight..
>>
>>45756745
Define "girl"...
>>
Free food
>>
>>45747936
>Any party that doesn't pull them through is a group of That Guys who are conciously and deliberately discarding a plot hook that the GM has clearly made for them.
No, you're just a metagaming shithead. You see, there's this thing some people do that's called roleplaying, where you PLAY a ROLE. And that includes not metagaming the shit out of every situation you encounter.
>>
>>
>>45747611
Our last party would stare at it inquisitively and carry on with life, because who the hell would mess with disembodied legs sticking from an unknown portal?
Now if you had a muffled "Could someone get me out of this?" and a little leg shaking, then maybe they'd help them while keeping them at fist-point.
>>
A brief debate ensues. Not all portals are reversable so there might be trouble if we push it back the way it came from rather than on the way it was going. But which way is that? The rogue notes you;d tend to crawl through something head-first, but the fighter points to jumping feet-first. The wizard spouts some mumbo-jumbo about the orientation of the legs and the party pushes them, from the party's perspective, in.
>>
>>45748159
Yes, and that goes double if they're wizards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv3DedNXN4o
>>
>>45747611
Wtf happens in the pic?!
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.