[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls und Panzer Quest: Glory Seeker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2
File: Welp.jpg (6 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
Welp.jpg
6 KB, 250x140
You are Gloria Sotohiko, Club Captain and Commander of the Okinawa Joint American-Japanese Girl's Academy Senshado Club, recently transferred over from the Yamato Japanese-American Women's University as part of the student council's ridiculous plan to save the Okinawa from bankruptcy. The long and the short of it comes down to them hoping you can replicate the miracle that Oorai Girl's High School and Lafayette Girl's Academy, winning the ITL and winning a crap load of money to support the ship. So yeah. No pressure.

However, right now you're thinking about your crew. You know- knew them like the back of your hand. Alexandra Steiner and Annabeth L'Vert were both from Texas, though their parents were immigrants from Germany and France respectively, while Doreen Green was from California, like you. Nobody is quite sure where Lauren Jarek is from... You met in kindergarten, the Yamato being one of the few academy ships with facilities for all grades, pre-school to college. You started tanking together your first year of middle school.

Alex, athletic and wild, used to be one of the best infantry women in the league, now a damn fine gunner. She swore she'd never sit in a tank unless you were piloting it. She and Annie have been together for three years now.

Annie, refined, composed, polite and kind, your loader. God damn girl's strong as two grown men, you'd swear. She loves tanking, and she's pretty fond of showing off her strength, and has a surprising grasp of swearing in three different languages.

Doreen's obsessed with animals, everywhere she goes she has that damn pet squirrel of hers hiding in her scarf. The child of veterinarians, she's planning to study at being a doctor herself, and her favorite hobby is listening to music and playing with radios. She and Lauren have been dating for... christ, have those two ever NOT been connected at the hip?

>Cont.
>>
>>45710755
Lauren... well, you dunno where the hell she came from. Oh, you know she's got Polish ancestry, and she hails from somewhere in Louisiana, but you mean where SHE actually came from. One day you were trying to find a box of crayons, and then suddenly she was there, putting them in your hand. That's been the dynamic of your relationship ever since. Your driver, she earned the nickname '47' when, early in your tanking career, she damaged every tank in the Yamato Senshado club's roster (forty seven tanks in all), all in the course of one training accident.

And now, of all the girls to show up on the Okinawa, Lauren. You hug the girl tight around the middle, and she pats you on the back.

"Absolutely adooorable, dears! I'm so glad I could contribute." Oh. Right. Berry. She's a nice girl, really, but she's just... you dunno. Something grating about her. "Sit, sit, we have some important things to talk about. Such as your lack of club funding..." She muses. Lauren sets a folding chair down next to you.

"Alright, I'm listening." You say, sitting. "I've heard funding isn't too great right now..."

"You're correct! Your new boat is just short of sunk. And the sad news is, any money you make in the ITL will be going to keep the lights on and the fuel flowing. Sooo, you'll have little to no funding for repairs, maintenance, new equipment..." She muses, opening a thermos and pouring herself a small cup of what smells like coffee.

>Well shit.
>Response?
>>
>>45711041
Previous threads: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/Glory%20Seeker/
>>
>>45711041
I was thinking of checking out this quest seeing it on the catalog. As a tip, if the time between threads can be measured in months, it may not be a great idea to start the thread off with an open-ended vote if you want any voters.
>>
>>45711041
But in order to keep winning we need some funds, Is there any way for us to make some exra cash?
>>
>>45711188
>>45711041
Well, that's pretty fair. How about...

>I'm sensing a 'but' here.
>[Engage Swearing Engine]
>Lauren, I require vast sums of money.
>Write-In
>>
>>45711263

And then the quest segued into a bank heist.
>>
>>45711263
Alright. Might as well follow for a bit until I gotta sleep.
>[Engage Swearing Engine]
>>
>>45711263
>>
>>45711263
>>
>>45711263
>>
But how will we acquire said vast sums?
>>
>>45711497
Laurens problem.
>>
>>45711497
First, Lauren will give Gloria and Berry ski masks. Then, she'll give them guns...
>>
>>45711529
But we're on a ship! That sounds like a terrible place to rob someone, the pool of suspects is tiny!
>>
Writing now.
>>
>>45711597
We already asked Lauren to get us vast sums of money, we can't ask her for an alibi until she's completed the previous request.
>>
>>45711652
Damn...wish I had a Lauren in real life.
>>
>>45711263
You sit and you think, arms crossed. You think hard. You focus. You know how to solve your problems. Your first thought is to run it over or shoot it with your tank. That usually works very well. But when that isn't an option, you have one trump card.

Lauren, ram that Panther. Lauren, fix that snapped track. Lauren, climb that tree and scout the area. Lauren, take this rifle and capture that ridge.

"Lauren, acquire enough funds to support the Tankery club for the next year." You order, your voice firm, confident. You nod. That'll solve that. Lauren nods. Then pauses, crossing her arms and stroking her chin. She seems to come to a decision, adjusting her driving gloves and stalking out of the shipping container.

"Well, can't say I didn't see that coming." Berry says, smirking. "But daaarling, I did have an idea. You see, even I don't have the money you'd need to support your ship. However, we both know your crew has aaalways been my favorite hobby. A pet project, no... a magnum opus. My Mona Lisa will be when you finally snap and conquer the entire world!" She pumps her fist in the air, eyes shining. "But... what ever would I do if you were to fail here? So, I shall afford you an allowance. Each month, I'll give you a sum reflecting your actions and progress. Training goals met, victories in matches, whatever you manage. In exchange... well." She smiles sweetly. "We'll see, won't we daaarling?"

>Reaction?
>Thank god for rich white girls.
>What's the catch? It's too good to be true.
>I always knew I'd sell my soul to the devil.
>Write In.
>>
>>45712028
>I always knew I'd sell my soul to the devil.
So it must be.
>>
>>45712028
>What's the catch? It's too good to be true
>>
>>45712028

And could you explain quick? We have to go make sure Lauren doesn't actually rob a bank.
>>
>>45712028
>Thank god for rich white girls.
>>
>>45712028
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>45712028
Rolling for lewd results
>>
>>45712110
DO we? I mean, some cash in reserve is always nice...
>>
>>45712028
This bitch is going to try something...
>>
Writing now.
>>
>>45712181
I'll say night then, good luck with the rest
>>
You know what's great about GuP. Everyone is fucking insane. But I guess you have to be to do this sport.
>>
>>45712181
Dude, please get a Twitter so we can know when you're running.
>>
>>45712028
Your eyes narrow. "Yeah. Ok. What's the catch?" You ask, sitting back, arms still crossed. "This is, plain and simple, too good to be true." Her eyes light up as you stare her down. She's got something planned. She always does. Like the time she started the 'Future Empresses of America' club. And got it fully funded by the school.

"Daaarling! I'm appalled! Don't you think I'd want to help my deeear, dear friends out? Why, I've even secured the transfer of your friends to the Okinawa! I got you a present!" She motions to the crate that's been wheeled into the hangar. "Surely my good intentions are there for aaall to see?" Her smile is positively devilish as she lounges in the hammock. "Why, I'd simply need you to meet my rather high standards. And perhaps I might call on a favor someday... something simple. Nothing that would clash with your morals and ethics, I deeeeply enjoy what you've become, and what you will be without my meddling."

"Uh huh. What sort of favor?" You lean forward. "You can't have Doreen." You warn. Her smile splits into a gleaming grin. "Surely not! Surely not. Don't worry, you'll see in time. Now come, let's see my gift for you!" She flops out of the hammock, bouncing past you towards the crate.

>But... what if Lauren robs a bank or something?
>FUKKEN GIFTS YO!
>Delegate! Someone else can go oversee Lauren, like T or somebody, while you GIFTS.
>>
>>45712449
>Delegate! Someone else can go oversee Lauren, like T or somebody, while you GIFTS.
This is responsible, like we are.
>>
>>45712449

Just in case.
>>
Schteel linked this.. I'll uh.. catch up later. Looks neat though.
>>
>>45712511
>catching up
It's 3 threads anon!
JUST
>>
>>45712449
>FUKKEN GIFTS YO!
>>
File: HaHA time for tanks.gif (991 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
HaHA time for tanks.gif
991 KB, 500x281
>>45712511
It's GuP! There are no terrible decisions, only awkwardly adorable ones.

Also, as per tradition; pic related
>>
Writing.
>>
>>45712449
Delegate one of our new friends to make sure one of our old friends doesn't get herself in trouble.
>>
>>45712449
Well... "Hey! T!" You yell, waving at the girl. She swaggers over, winking at Berry as she arrives. Poor, poor girl.

"What can I do for ya, boss?" She asks, grin wide. You look her up and down. Athletic, tall, wiry. Carrying a replica revolver, combat knife, and shotgun. Yeah... yeah she might survive whatever is coming. Maybe. You hope.

"Girl just left here, Lauren. Tall, wearing driving gloves, long brown hair. I need you to go and make sure she doesn't get in trouble. Try and bring her back here before she robs a bank again." You order. She snaps off a salute, then pauses.

"...again, boss?" She asks, giving you a suspicious look.

"Just go." You order, waving her off with a sigh. She winks and bounces on out, picking up into a sprint as she departs. "Alright, Berry. What's your big surprise?" The girl, points dramatically at the crate. Claps pop open with a pneumatic hiss, and the heavy front wall slooowly falls over, crashing into the ground with a loud bang. Inside...

"Welcome home." Berry says, stepping out of the way as you totally don't squeal like a little girl and leap onto the tank. A Panzer IV Ausf. D. YOUR Panzer IV Ausf. D. The tank you've been riding around in since you first upgraded from the tankettes in late middle school. Yeeeeah~ Berry got you not just a tank, but YOUR tank. God bless that crazy rich girl.

>Move ahead to testing out the teams and seeing what they can do.
>Engage Interlude: 47's War
>>
>>45712923
>>
>>45712923
Ok, This rich girl is DEFIANTLY planning something.
>>
>>45712923
Interlude you say?
>>
We'll give another ten minutes of voting, since we only have a couple votes right now. Then I'll start writing.
>>
>>
>>45712923
>>
>>45712923
>>
>>45712923
You get a move on. Now that you have a tank you know is easy to handle and durable as fuck, you can load up your girls and see how the drivers do as a start. One by one, you give them a go. First, you enjoy a 'technically' perfect ride under Team C's York, bringing a wince now and then at grinding turns here and there. Then came Tina Tomorrow, Wyldchild's driver, who didn't seem to understand that she had a brake on the vehicle. That... was the easy part. Fairly trained drivers, who've atleast practiced in tanks before.

Then came the trouble. Hound's Art Gammon, nearly flips the tank trying to drift it. Benzaiten Satsuri of Eagle team baaarely inches along, slamming on the brake and jerking the entire tank every few seconds. Completely different styles from the two rival teams, you're not surprised. You remain calm and collected as it all goes on. A normal Commander might be jarred by the experience, but you've ridden with Lauren at her best. And worst. ...you're not sure there's a big difference.

Finally, Matsu Juri of team Hap- Spooky. Where did they get the black dresses? When did they have time to change? Where did the cute skulls and bats on their outfits come from? You just fucking know they're magical girls and you were lied to. You know it. They have to be. Well... when she gets behind the controls, she gets this odd look in her eyes. A normal commander might not notice it, but you've ridden with Lauren at her best. And worst. You tighten your seatbelt and grip the seat. You remain stone faced even as she slowly starts to grin, then cackle as she roars around the track. Groans and grinds from the tank voice concern at the unskilled driver trying to push it too far. Your only reaction: A twitching eye and the seat's leather tearing eeever so slightly under your nails.

>Cont.
>>
>>45713731
As you pull back into the hangar, you climb out, twitching slightly, limbs rigid. You dust yourself off and note Lauren has returned at some point. T is cackling like mad, draped in a blue kimono and swinging a bottle around and regaling her team with a wild story. Lauren salutes and motions to a small folding table, on which sits a briefcase. Hesitantly, you pop the briefcase open. Your eye twitches again. You look to Lauren, and she holds up a calculator.

$30,000 is on the screen.

You stare at her. Silent. Your eyes narrow. "Are we going to be in trouble with the FBI?" She shakes her head. "PSIA or JSDF?" Headshake. "...Interpol?" Headshake. "The school Disciplinary Committee?" She pauses, then wiggles her hand in the 'maaaybe sorta' gesture. Your eyes narrow. You can work with that. "Are we going to be going to war with any of the factions of clubs on the ship?" She smirks. "...we already have?" She nods. "Did we win?" She nods again. "Alright."

>Write In?
>>
>>45713913
Ok, how about some options?

>...Good work, Lauren.
>Lauren, no, take it back.
>Yeeeah, tell me a story, Lauren. How'd you manage it? (Engage Interlude: 47's War)
>Right. This money goes in the club funds, and we forget this ever happened.
>>
What do we do now
>>
>Right. This money goes in the club funds, and we forget this ever happened
You know what they say. Deny till you die
>>
>>45714328
>Yeeeah, tell me a story, Lauren. How'd you manage it? (Engage Interlude: 47's War)
>>
>>45714328
I'm starting to like Lauren.
>>
>>45714328
>>...Good work, Lauren.
Still want the interlude
>>
>>45714328
ALright guys, sorry for this, but this really took it out of me, worse than I thought. So I'll be stopping for now, and restarting tomorrow if the thread is still alive. From the vote so far, it looks like we get to do the Interlude, but that might change between now and then.

Thanks for playing, guys.
>>
>>45714687
admit it: you were fishing for an excuse to post the interlude.
It's okay, it sounds like it's going to be fun anyway.
>>
>>45714736
Yeah, I admit it. I have several Lauren interludes in mind, and they really excite me to get to do.
>>
>>45714687
Thanks for the fun. Not kidding about the Twitter and giving us a heads up before you run.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.