[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tundra civ thread on /tg/ part 13 - for real today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: Map of the North 2.png (812 KB, 4000x2300) Image search: [Google]
Map of the North 2.png
812 KB, 4000x2300
Had internet problems yesterday and for the first few hours almost no one posted, but I'll try to have an actual thread today.
Previous thread
>>45597558

Pastebin - check it out
http://pastebin.com/t7gWa2pa

>Population: 260 000 + 18 000 chinks
>Resources: significant stone deposits, copper,tin, lots of iron, gems, lots of coal, saltpeter,sulphur, quarz, lots of quality timber
>Economy:Camark silver coins,trading on the Northern road and with independent chinks and hibibi, postal service
>Navy: 4 carracks, 7 chink ships,8 flyuts ,8 caravels,capable sailors, Stormborn
>Food stockpiles:high
>Food production:high

>A.Exploration
>B.Food production & Population growth
>C.Improve religion/culture
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Improve defences
>F.Architecture
>G.Improve military
>H.Research science
>I.Improve a settlement/region
>J.Navy
>K.Improve economy
>L. Diplomacy

Last time we colonized the two new islands, made some civic advancements and delved into the mystery of Babaduad's spire.
>>
>>45636847
F

Connect Volcania with the mainland with a few bridges across the small islands
>>
We've decided to focus some of our efforts on the westerlands. As more of our people have settled in the areas since we took them from the feens, we've decided to create a series of bridges connecting Volcania to the mainland via the small islands. It is one of the biggest feats of engineering and construction we've faced to this day, but our builders have succeeded in this great task.

>Population: 280 000 + 20 000 chinks
>Resources: significant stone deposits, copper,tin, lots of iron, gems, lots of coal, saltpeter,sulphur, quarz, lots of quality timber
>Economy:Camark silver coins,trading on the Northern road and with independent chinks and hibibi, postal service
>Navy: 4 carracks, 7 chink ships,8 flyuts ,8 caravels,capable sailors, Stormborn

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Improve defences
>F.Architecture
>G.Improve military
>H.Research science
>J.Navy
>K.Improve economy
>L. Diplomacy
>>
>>45637078
>H.Research science - Brick and mortar construction
>>
>>45637681
>Brick and mortar construction
That's something we've known for a long time already. We haven't really advanced our architectural style much, but our technology is good, we have masonry and construction in our techs.
>>
>>45637812
I must have missed that, we shall do this then;

>F.Architecture - Brick and mortar houses to replace our older stone and wood frame ones
>>
expand navy
>>
>>45637078
>D. Build a road south with bridges, so we can have a direct route to the Pajit Empire for trade and such.
>>
>>45638224
we already have a road to riverhold, south of that is pajit lands.
>>
File: house2.jpg (5 MB, 3744x3744) Image search: [Google]
house2.jpg
5 MB, 3744x3744
>>45638050
Our current architectural style is generally timber-framed houses(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_framing)
>>
>>45638268
So? What's the harm in building a bridge and a road, to facilitate trade and travel? Only makes Riverhold all the more important and rich.
>>
>>45637078
>H. Research science.
Math and natural sciences will benefit greatly in the long run.
>>
>>45638389
We've greatly advanced our knowledge in that area in recent years and for now the potential for development is lowered. Check the technology part at the bottom of the pastebin. Tech levels are roughly basic-advancing-improving-medium-good-quality-advanced-master.
>>
>>45638326
We already have a road and bridge to Pajit.... look at the map in OP.

i think we should either expand our navy so we can protect our cost, or explore the river south or explore the sea west/south
>>
>>45638274
I feel there is some miscommunication here, I am referring to the style of construction used to create large structures purely from brick/mortar, like the linked image.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/3868697.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

I.e no use of wood in the frame or construction except for looks
>>
>>45638152
>J.Navy
Build more ships in preparations for further exploration.
>>
>>45638471
I see. Perhaps we should improve roads, education, or bureaucracy? How's our law system? And while St roise is good, perhaps it could use centralization- maybe military Medicare could be a use.
>>
>>45637078
J navy
>>
>>45638754
This is a good point, how is our law system?

A good example of the fact it might be unfair is the fact that in the time our population grew from 140,000 white people to 260,000 white people the population of the chinks living under us grew by only 7000. We increased our population by 120 for every 7 of them, i find it hard to believe this is not because of some form of inequality somewhere, one which we can get rid of without hurting our civilisation.
>>
>>45637078
>J.Navy
Let's make navy strong to explore the south.
>>
File: ship9.jpg (157 KB, 644x400) Image search: [Google]
ship9.jpg
157 KB, 644x400
We continue building even more ships, employing more people in the navy. Newer ships can be crewed with less people and travel at faster speeds, carying larger loads, so we begin scuttling some of the really old ships we have. We're also experimenting with new ship designs, trying to incorporate cannons into our warships better.
>Population: 300 000 + 23 000 chinks

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Improve defences
>F.Architecture
>G.Improve military
>H.Research science
>J.Navy
>K.Improve economy
>L. Diplomacy

>>45638858
While the chinks are not allowed to marry with our people and elect representatives, they are free to pursue their own professions and move at peace. The reasons for a smaller population growth for the chinks is that their population was more aged and demographically unbalanced in several settlements, some have emigrated to the Sunset Alliance and our overall demographic policy has had a goal of limiting their growth in order for our own people to make up a larger percentage of our population. We've pursued these goals peacefully and without performing any crimes against our chink subjects, but in the recent decades of peace there have been chinks who leave our nation either for Waru Poto, Bei Poto, Xinian or the Sunset Alliance. While opponents of our demographic policy argue this is a loss of human resources, proponents believe it is better than to have ethnic strife.
>>
oops
>Navy: 4 carracks, 15 older ships,14 flyuts ,9 caravels,capable sailors, Stormborn
>>
>>45639018
>A.Exploration
Let's explore south along the chink coast. We could find out a great lake to place the water temple
>>
>>45639018
>>A.Exploration
It's time to see what lies beyond the sea.
>>
>>45639018
If we don't go along the coast I'm aright to explore the sea.
>>
>>45638568
It's a road that leads to some plains, not to a city or anything. How is this hard to understand?
>>
>>45639018
> A.Exploration
>>
The Council has decided that a new naval expedition shall be outfitted. We must decide its destination
A.West, into the ocean
B.South, along the western coast
C.Down the Great River
>>
>>45639167
A.West, into the ocean
>>
>>45639167
>A.West, into the ocean
>>
>>45639167
>A.West, into the ocean
>>
>>45639182
>>45639205
>>45639244
And then we were the spanish
>>
File: ship7.jpg (970 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
ship7.jpg
970 KB, 1500x1000
Rolled 38, 15, 56, 60, 94, 68, 56 = 387 (7d100)

Captain Eyerd shall lead a new expedition of 7 caravels west of Shale. The caravels depart from Volcania, stop at Shale to resupply, then head into the open sea.
>>
File: island4.jpg (108 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
island4.jpg
108 KB, 800x600
>>45639301
While one of the caravels sustains some damage, Eyerd's leadership and navigational capabilities, the experience of our sailors and the strurdiness of our caravels allow us to survive the storms we face.
Land ahoy! After close to 2 weeks travelling west of Shale there it is - the coast of what is either a large island, or an entire continent is now in sight. Finding a suitable bay area, we drop anchor and go ashore. This island's climate is fairly similar to that of Shale, a fairly cold place. If this is an island, it is probably larger than Volcania, however. We spot forests in the distance and must now decide on a course of action.
A.Set up camp on the coast
B.Explore the island's coastal waters first
C.Head inland
>>
>>45639568
>A.Set up camp on the coast
Got to set up before exploring, there could be savages out and about.
>>
>>45639568
and then
C.Head inland
>>
>>45639568
>>
>>45639568
Also what do our stormborn looklike? And do we have any horses with us?
>>
>>45639568
>>
We've set up a basecamp by the coast and have made an assessment of our forces and supplies.
We have seven caravels; 7 captains;70 stormborn;70 archers and 70 melee fighters. We haven't brought any horses, we have 20 weeks worth of supplies, concidering it would take about 12 days to get back to Shale.
A.Explore inland
B.Sail around and explore the coasts first
>>
>>45639820
B.Sail around and explore the coasts first

To check for any signs of people or a better place to camp.
>>
>>45639820
>B.Sail around and explore the coasts first
>>
>>45639820
>A.Explore inland
>>
>>45639152
because that's not our land you dumbfuck.

>>45639639
like vikings i think

>>45639820
>B. sail around
>>
>>45639820
Sail around the coast lets see if this is an island or continent.
>>
File: islandmap.png (80 KB, 2012x1352) Image search: [Google]
islandmap.png
80 KB, 2012x1352
We spent a day mapping out the coast. The island is somewhat larger than Volcania and to the distant west we can see yet another coast. We saw no signs of humans from the waters, but have yet to explore inland.
A.Explore inland
B.Sail west
C.Head home
>>
>>45640045
>A.Explore inland
See if there is any natives living in this island
>>
>>45640045
>A.Explore inland
Lets head inland, we should keep up our guard don't want to end up like last time.
>>
>>45640045
>A.Explore inland
Once we finished mapping it all we can begin colonizing.
>>
>>45640045
A. inland

ps sexy boat painting skills
>>
File: nature3.jpg (354 KB, 940x403) Image search: [Google]
nature3.jpg
354 KB, 940x403
We spend several days exploring much of the island. While it is a fairly cold climate, there is more vegetation here than on Shale. We find hills inland, a couple of fresh water sources and even a brook. Much of the island is covered by forest and we find local various birds, some of them new to us, as well as somewhat small, furry animals - beavers. There's good fishing spots around the island as well.
We find no human inhabitants or traces of such on this island, however.
We've partially refilled our supplies
We have supplies for 18 days and it'll take 12-14 days to reach Shale
A.Better be safe and return
B.Make a brief journey west, to check out those lands
>>
>>45640421
>A.Better be safe and return
We should head home I don't think we have the supplies to make it home if we check out the other islands.
>>
>>45640421
We don't know how the ocean will be, so let's go back home. Before we ran out of food
>>
>>45640421
A
>>
>>45640421
Then it's time to colonize.
>>
File: islandmap.png (112 KB, 2012x1352) Image search: [Google]
islandmap.png
112 KB, 2012x1352
We finish up a map of the island and set sail. Leaving earlier was a wise choice, as we managed to get through the ocean at a fairly good pace and in decent weather.
>Population: 305 000 + 23 500 chinks

>A.Exploration
>D.Settle new lands
>E.Improve defences
>F.Architecture
>G.Improve military
>H.Research science
>J.Navy
>K.Improve economy
>L. Diplomacy
>>
>>45640566
>D.Settle new lands
Settle the new island, it can serve as a outpost to go futher west.
>>
>>45640583
this
>>
>>45640566
>D.Settle new lands
>>45640583
I agree we this. Were going to need outpost to pick up food water and supplies. set up facilities to repair our ships
>>
>>45640583
Supported, And with that we can continue working on our own continent.
>>
File: islandmap.png (114 KB, 2012x1352) Image search: [Google]
islandmap.png
114 KB, 2012x1352
We begin building a new colony on this island. Some potato crops are being set up, as most grains wouldn't be able to thrive in this climate. We've got foresters, hunters and fishermen to be the first settlers here for the most part.

>Population: 315 000 + 24 000 chinks
>Navy: 4 carracks, 15 older ships,14 flyuts ,9 caravels,capable sailors, Stormborn
>Food stockpiles:medium-high
>Food production:medium-high
I need to close up for tonight now, so one last thing - what shall we name our new colony?
>>
>>45640768
Beaver Dam
>>
>>45640768
New Centrehold
>>
>>45640768
Rotherham
>>
>>45640790
This
>>
>>45640768
Beaver Dam
>>
Where for art op
>>
thread is done for today OP will be back tomorrow
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.