[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[QUEST] Operation Fastball Part 2, The Fastening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 19
File: harbinunisnow.jpg (167 KB, 1916x1080) Image search: [Google]
harbinunisnow.jpg
167 KB, 1916x1080
Editi unfreezes, but before she can act on her words Tam throw up her hand, shaking her head violently, the pain now finally catching up with her. Her stuttered breathing grows heavier and more sporadic.

"Go."

"DO NOT take me with you."

Tam's words fall upon the relatively disinterested and unenthused Turtle, who beings to walk away and leave - no longer intent on waiting for the mission's inevitable end, paired with back pats and brownie points.

Editi's avatar spurs.

"No."

"You're coming with me. Dead or alive."

Tommy chimes in.

"You know I won't leave you behind."

As Tommy and Editi continue addressing the fallen Tam, Takeda remains uncertain of what to do. Call command? Involve himself? Detach from the situation like Turtle? There wasn't much of an answer to the situation.

Tommy makes a final call out to the rest of the team.

"Oh, guys. Tam is going full X-com Eldar. We're taking her back."

> This is the continuation of Operation Fastball. As Operation Fastball was so close to being completed itself, Part 2 will be shorter than most missions are.
> Anyone with a registered build from Fastball Part 1 can reregister to continue from where they were prior.
> New registrants are not barred but must justify their entry.
> All rules and such remain as they were.

> Operation Fastball Part One: >>45396353
> Provided for reference

> This mission is intentionally shorter than most main missions are. Extrapolation via dialogue past the "end" is fine, but is expected to be handled by players.

> Post builds, post entry dialogue, let's do this shit.
>>
Build:
FACTION: Phoenix Collective: Raven
TYPE: Quadruped Mesh (10/300)

7 DEX
2 DUR
3 POW
5 REC
4 SPD
2 STR

FEATURES:
Levitation (20/300)

SUIT A.I.:
Soldier (30/300)

USER INTERFACE:
Brain Harness (40/300)

HUD:
B/ASS (45/300)
Hawkeye (50/300)
Night Vision (60/300)
Radar (70/300)

COMMS:
Radio Transmitter (FREE)
Free Space Optical Transmitter (80/300)

WEAPONS:
Helion Lance Rifle (100/300)
Railgun (120/300)
Sharpshooter (135/300)

DEFENCES:
Heavy Shield (145/300)
EMP Shield (155/300)

DRONES:
Scout (160/300)

UPGRADES:
Cyberbrain (170/300)
Marksman (180/300)
Kinetic Stabilizers (190/300)
Maneuvering Rockets (200/300)
Sub-Armor Pistons (210/300)
Armor Plating (220/300)
Capacitor 1 (230/300)

MISC:
Double Up
The Token

BONUSES:
COMBAT: 20 (SUIT ONLY)
DODGE: 27
Melee: 22
TECH: -5

Actions: Comms to off and head towards Tam. Deploy Improved Camo.
>>
Drache kept back, waiting to see the response to the message.

>Short post, I need to sort something out, build is incoming. Will post something more substantial when I get back
>>
>>45538374
"So what are we going to do with it?."
Czar said with a shrug
http://pastebin.com/RVJYqwj9
>>
In such a CONFUSING situatoin like this, Takeda does the smart thing.

He rings up Command!

"Calling Command! Calling Command come in!"
>>
The Tank Suit remains near the wreck of the TTF Turret, not sure what to do, and still dealing with a fuck huge headache from his dip into the Network.

>http://pastebin.com/59BWXxZR
>>
Rolled 34, 46, 59 = 139 (3d100)

Tommy: "And we got to take her back for that sweet psy research unlock. Or for her to be used as sweet sweet battle meditation."

Editi: "But really we need to help stanch her wounds and sickness. Requesting assistance to secure her for evac."

Tommy: "Right. We got to take back Tam. Can't leave one of our own behind. I'll start making another inhibitor and shell to keep her stable and prevent another crazy spell."

>pastebin: http://pastebin.com/YG0Gs4iS
>Forcefully rolling into the building to take back Tam. Using the drone to cover distance and recover her.
>Also using engineering kit to build a glass dome, A inhibitor case, and a suit armor shell for the outer layer.
>Roll is for the parts.

>Mike wanted me to NPC him till he got back.

Mike reved up mammoth as he took overwatch at the building. CP, Bunyip, and the building itself in the span of his guns....

"Rodger that CP. I have my rails ready to fire if needed."

>Mikes PB: http://pastebin.com/0f4wmBXN

>>45538536

Tommy: "Yo taks! Help make sure Tam is safe until we barge inside will yah?"
>>
File: Bunyip Gday.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Bunyip Gday.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>45538374
Bruce Murray's expression, hidden under the gleaming black helmet he habitually wears, is as stoic as ever as Tommy's words play through his earpiece speakers and into his mind.

>"Oh, guys. Tam is going full X-com Eldar. We're taking her back."

Bruce doesn't know much about X-Com, but he knows damn well what an Eldar is. Space elf. Pointy-eared git with mind powers. And, as far as current information is aware, a rather succinctly accurate description of the alien race that has been plotting to end humanity since before the first suit pod fell.

He remembers his first mission - Fallen Palace. The forests of Durazno, the horde of mutated once-humans that mindlessly tried to destroy him and his comrades. He reaches up to his neck, brushing his gloved fingers against the dog-tags that he still wears, even to this day.

So, he was right all along. He'd hoped the damned Elves weren't that smart, that they'd missed on the solution his mind had hit on to their problem. It made sense, though. Fallen Palace, Frostbite, the Irregulars...
...They'd had a backup plan after all. If you can't beat them, force them to join you.

His worst fears were being realized right before his ears, and Editi, already a confirmed transhumanist, was going to have -that- to experiment on?

He grips around the handle of his rifle tightened so much he could feel the weapon he was holding start to flex. He knew where this road was going to go.

"You fucking idiot."
He says this aloud, over an open Comms channel, for all to hear.
"Yes. Let's take a psychic who's tumbling down back to command. To where our secrets and plans are kept. Not that she'll even get back to Command, if I know Editi."

He shakes his head, and double-checks his radio is shut off. Relying entirely on FSOT, he quickly records and transmits a pair of encrypted messages to three specific pilots, then, he shuts off his FSOT and his Comms Buoys.

>http://pastebin.com/hp60J79K
>>
>>45538673

Editi: "What is that supposed to me-"

Tommy: "Wut. Dude. She already was in AC outposts before. Not to mention the vanni already know everything we do due to your nanites."

Editi: "We have to take her back because she is still a direct connection to the knowledge of the Vanni. We could take, understand, and counter their tactics mid fight when attack them. This is important for whatever you think I'll do. The war comes before my wants."

That of course would be relevant if bunyip could hear his rebuttal. Then again his comms where turned off. So Buns and king couldn't hear.
>>
>>45538374
"...Alright, what the hell am I hearing on the comms?" a somewhat familiar voice called...

Pilot: Zipline
Canvas II
Hydra II
AC Elite

Armor: Zipline Mk II
Dex: 2
Dur: 7
Pow: 4
Rec: 2
Spd: 9 (11 if flying)
Str: 4

Heavy
Amphibious Armored Mount Hopper
Free:
Jump Jets
Flight
Fins
Gills
Paid:
Burrowing
Tremmorsense

No AI
Brainwave Harness
Adv. Suit status
Hawkeye
Defense Maze

EMP x3
Tranq Darts
Blade
Pile Bunker
Big Mac
Heavy Bomb Generator (Siera Madre Special)

Repulsor Shield
Parry Shield

Enviro III
Medkit
Storage
Armor Plating
Kinetic Stabilizers
Cyberbrain
>If I even can sign up, this is a wonderful cluster fuck of hell.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>http://pastebin.com/vh7dNd45

"What... The hell?" Silver asks, as he turns the corner, taking in the sight of Tam's... Room redecoration, if it could be called that.

"What the fuck happened?"
>>
>>45538424
You hear shit going down, and decide it might be worth it to start moving.

>>45538468
>>45538480
>>45538584
> noted

>>45538536
You ping Command, which isn't really obvious as to who that might be.

You, surprisingly, get a ping back from the Engineers. You suppose it makes sense - this is an Engineer-sponsored mission...

"This is the Engineer's Operational Command, how can I help you, Takeda? You doing okay over there? What happened with Tam? Do we have our information?"

They probably don't understand your expediency in calling them. Best to explain.

>>45538653
[HARD TECH - PASS, PASS, PASS]
You begin to rapidly construct anything you can, mostly to prevent teammates from acting on misinterpretation. Really - who would want to hurt Tam? You can't fathom the idea, but there might be incoming Vannai, so you work to defend as best you can.

The dome surrounds Tam, and you pick up her suit from within the building and hook up the inhibitor (of course in a changed manner) as she slowly drifts into unconsciousness. The armor shell is coming along, and could likely block smaller or grazing attacks. Anything else would require time-intensive construction.

>>45538673
You feel a bizarre desire to rephrase your words to "falling down", but, rethinking it, you feel that "tumbling" might actually be fairly concise - on all levels.

>>45539006
Late arrivals to help clean up after the reported success in securing the outpost, Mike and a rare Zipline make their arrival.

As Zipline walks out from the dropship, a few white doves fly from their prior nesting in the stadium. The whole event has a real John Woo feel to it.

At least everyone's on the same the page, and all the combat is done.
>>
Rolled 2, 80, 62 = 144 (3d100)

>>45539096
Kingfisher continues towards Tam's room and enters. He spots Tam and fires on the xenos scum.

Firing Helion, Rail Rifle, and sharpshooter.

Bonuses: +35, +33, +30
>>
File: cameraphone.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
cameraphone.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2000
>>45539096
"Command, I am relaying you live video feed. The mission is compromised.

River Tam is in danger. Repeat, High Priority Asset in danger!

There's defection in the team, only a few of us are attempting to secure Tam.

Requesting reinforcements and evacuation protocols immediately! This is a priority individual under threat, we stand to lose River Tam. Repeat, requesting reinforcements. There's defection in the team."

The eight eyes of the drider begin relaying information directly to Central Command.
>>
Rolled 47, 29, 4, 79, 21 = 180 (5d100)

>>45539096

CP will enter the room and try to take Tam into CP. First into her suit bubble, then into a deep spot into it's hull. Then using the turtleshell drone on the mix/her to add DUR and HP.

>Once secured using Medkit on her to heal her.
>A roll for the medkit

Tommy: "Careful.... Careful...."

Editi: "Tam is being secured no-"

>>45539144
And the shots fire. The scene is set QUITE quickly.

"Tommy: "FISHER WHAT THE FU-"

Editi: "FRIENDLY FIRE! TAM IS UNDER ATTACK FROM KINGFISHER!"

>using PB on Tam.
>Using worm port to try and hack King comms on(1 roll)
>If that works using the rest actions on shutting him down. (3 actions.)

>>45539229

Tommy: "BETRAYAL IN THE WATER!"

Editi: "And I thought I was crazy..."
>>
>>45539096

>Kingfisher's gunshots

"Anyone hear that? Who's taking shots?"

Dragonfly lumbers to the source of the gunshots.

>>45539229
"The fuck are you talking about? 'the hell's an Eldar anyway. There's no-one defecting for shit! Jump out of my way and move."
>>
>>45539096
"Hey, I'm going to see what's happening over there, maybe there's still guys over there? Wanna catch a ride, Red?"
Czar said as he used his jump jets to jump over to the Central Building
>>
Bruce bangs his helmeted head against the wall, trying to consider his options. He spots the PC mercenary, Kingfisher, enter the building. He nods his head knowingly, and remains standing where he is. There's no point doing anything right then - he decides to hold on until he has a more complete picture of what is going on.

Inside his helmet, he shrugs his shoulders sends an internal communication to Glorious Leader. "Keep an eye out, fan out the spotter drones. I want to know what's going on. Now."

He turns around to look at the others outside, and raises his shoulders in a shrug, an unspoken question. Over his helmet's external speakers, he asks. "The fuck's going on?"

>Prepare actions for PB, Jump Jets, Lockpick Countermeasures and Evac Module if need-be. No action at this time.
>>
Rolled 89, 48 = 137 (2d100)

>>45539312
In a second, Silver turns as he sees the gunfire, and without thinking... Lunges forward, Argent Slicer deploying in mid air as he slices at Kingfisher.

>two slicer rolls, aiming for his weapons.
>-53 to melee rolls
>>
>>45539229
"Wha-WHAT!?"

>>45539312
"Jesus Christ, BAS JUMP JETS TO THE BUILDING NO-"

>>45539381
Grabs onto the larger suit as the rocket off to the ongoing shitstorm....
>>
>>45539096
Zipline merely listens to the comms... sighing and having their suit step out from the landing zone. "Can folks hold off on shooting eachother for about a minute, it sounds like everyone's getting pretty trigger happy." Zip called... checking the signals for where the rest of the team was. And then taking off towards it as fast as their suit could take them.
>Jump Jets and high speed flight towards everyone's position, since I'm probably way too far to do anything much else.
>>
>>45539389

Mike hear buns and turns on his comms. "Kingfisher is trying to kill Tam. I can't get a shot. I didn't hear anything from king. Did you?
>>
>>45539498
"Didn't say shit mate. Honestly...I kinda agree with him. I don't trust Editi with jack shit, and especially not what's either a space elf or a literal demonhost."
>>
>>45539144
You're quick to act. You find Tam as quickly as possible, taking shots.

[MED COM - CRIT FAIL, PASS, PASS]
You take the shot, but the Helion Lance Rifle misfires and malfunctions, knocking off your aim and sending a whole heap of trouble towards Tam.

The Rail Rifle and Sharpshooter fire, but are thrown off by the malfunction by the Helion's misfire.

>>45539229
There is a brief pause as crazy shit begins to happen.

"Copy, Takeda. We hear you. We are officially pinging Armor Corps and requesting Armor Corps Military Police units to be deployed to your position ASAP. Can you explain to us what is happening? Has Tam given us any information about the Vannai?"

The video seems to show the AFTERMATH, but doesn't really show what happened to make it happen.

>>45539312
Carrier Prime, having rolled through an entire major structure, begins to move underground in order to secure Tam.

As you deploy the bubble, the suit, and the Turtleshell drone, Kingfisher rushes in and takes shots at Tam.

What the actual fuck?! Why is he shooting him?

You use point barrier, but the shots seem to miss anyway from an apparent malfunction with Kingfisher's weapon. Regardless, point barrier has been used.

[MED TECH - PASS]
You pass, knocking open the COMMS system in Kingfisher's suit.

[V HARD TECH - FAIL, FAIL, FAIL]
You try to hack into Kingfisher to stop him, but you can't seem to get it right in the short period of time you have.

Something rumbles above you...

>>45539313
>>45539381

>>45539389
> hard prepped for dodges if needed

1/2
>>
>>45539392
> there has been some confusion regarding the legitimacy of the SMS-Argent sword within 2.0
> has been allowed but modified to a 14DMG melee weapon in light of no reserve weaponry

[HARD DEX - FAIL, PASS]
You go for the slash, targeting Kingfisher - who, already somewhat fucked up from the last engagement, is rather unhappy to get attacked again.

You are only really able to damage one weapon, but it seems to work.

> KINGFISHER - HELION LANCE DISABLED
> RECEIVED SOME DAMAGE

Kingfisher is knocked back by the attack slightly, and takes some damage. Paired with the minimal repairs from prior, the damage seems a lot more serious.

Kingfisher's HUD flashes.

"WARNING - CRITICAL HP"

>>45539400
>>45539410
Movements are made towards the structure.

> ass prepared for incoming shit storm

2/2
>>
Rolled 2, 52 = 54 (2d100)

>>45540033
Over comms: "ACMP HELP THEY'VE TURNED TA!"

Fire again at Tam.
Railrifle, Sharpshooter.
>>
>>45540119
"....WHAT?! WHAT THE LIVING FUCK IS GOING ON?!" Leaps off of the Purple Suit and in front of the building.

"KINGFISHER, ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT ENGINEERS WITHOUT NANITES ARE TUMBLING? BECAUSE I HAVE A HARD TIME BELIEVING THAT BULLSHIT. BAS...I have no idea what to do...so....Just look intimidating...AC Command this is Redneck, The PC Merc seems to be firing on the Engineers...with no warning...How should I proceed?"
>>
Rolled 18, 9, 64 = 91 (3d100)

>>45540033
>>45540066
>>45540119

"Shit, following now, get away from it, we'll disable her now!"

Drache sped up even more, flying straight for Tam, aiming for something resembling a non-lethal knock-out on the engineer or through anything directly in front of it.

>KRF,Impact fist,warlance, blade (Hopefully work non-lethal)
>-34 to Dex
>Aegis
>>
>>45540281
"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IS TAM DOING TO THEM? NOW HELP ME NOT DIE!"
>>
Rolled 87, 87 = 174 (2d100)

>>45540066
>Understood.

>>45540119

Silver swings towards the bullets, trying to deflect them out of the air, as he slowly moves closer to Kingfisher.

"Stand down. We're still not sure what's going on, and I'm not gonna let you kill our one possible way of winning this damn war."

>Swinging at the shots, trying to deflect them. Use Parry Shield link, if possible, and slices at Kingfisher's remaining guns.
>if not possible, both swings are directed at the projectiles.
>-53 to melee
>>
>>45540033
>>45540066

CP doesn't like the building about to come down, but worse things have happened near the two. Rushing to grab the now bubbled Tam CP will shove her inside his suit and activate EE.

>Grabbing Tam and shoving her in the cargo hold.
>removing the Turtle drone AFTER Tam is inside. Then attaching the Turtle drone on myself.
>Then EEing out.

>>45540119

Tommy: "LAIR! I HATE BACKSTABBERS YOU EPIC LEVEL SHITTING DICKNIPPLE FUCKTARD!"

Editi: "You fired first on allies!" To all on comms. "Kingfisher is the one attacking allies WITHOUT nanites! He is the most likely to be TA!"
>>
Rolled 18, 41, 15, 11 = 85 (4d100)

>>45540119
Sending text file now.
>Takeda sends an instant text file detailing how River Tam is directly uplinking to the Vannai far more than she did before, rendering her usage twicefold. IF we kept her for direct link to the Vannai before, now she's even more valuable

>>45540119
"Look at it yourself. There's river tam on the ground, the- FUCK HE'S SHOOTING HER."

>>45540295
>Detonating TESLA COLLIDER SHIELD
>Rolling 2 combat for 2 EMP GRENADES to disable Saltire
>Rolling 2 Combat for 1 Grapple Hook and 1 Metal Web Spinner to try and grapple Saltire/Dragonfly

-5 Combat TE

>>45540119
Using Point Barrier on
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>45540308
"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TAM IS DOING, BUT SOMEHOW EFFECTING PEOPLE WITHOUT NANITES IS A NEW TRICK, AND PEOPLE SHOOTING OTHERS FOR REALLY STUPID REASONS AREN'T, WHY DON'T YOU STAND THE FUCK DOWN AND FUCK RIGHT OFF?"

>>45540295
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

>Magneto=Pullthefoolaway.jpg
>Tech Roll
>>
>>45540033
>>45540066
>>45540281
"Well, I'm not even sure what's even going on anymore. So I guess I'll try."
Czar said as he switched to siege mode, and started to charge the EBA.
>>
>>45540357
See pic.

>>45540358
"What allies, Tam is Eldar. Xenos is the enemy. Enemies must be removed. Only person attacking allies is you, TA Scum!"
>>
>>45540437
"...does she have pointy ears?"
>>
>>45540066
A facepalm at this situation, as Zipline focued towrads the building in question. It didn't seem to stable... and instead opted to land down rather loudly right outside it, jump jets preparing to charge into the building in a moment's notice, and instead trying to get everyone's attention,

"Would you guys hold off on the friendly fire for about a minute to explain, everyone is accusing the other of turning when it's not even physically possible in some cases!" Zipline shouted into the comms, preparing their Harden barrier as well...

>Harden barrier activate.
>>
>>45540526
"I'M NOT SHOOTING ANYONE. YET"

He says as he attempts to Angerkinesis the punching dragon away from the building...
>>
>>45540526
Bruce activates his helmet speakers and shrugs in her direction.

"From what I can tell, Psychic is tumbling. I suspect there's at least one Jedi Mind Trick going on."
>>
>>45540405
>Rolled 18, 41, 15, 11
As Takeda throws his grenades, he remembers how he never actually pitched anything.

He mourns the loss of the airstorm drones at a time like this.
>>
File: 20151208132714-4b635d4e.jpg (54 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
20151208132714-4b635d4e.jpg
54 KB, 720x480
>>45540066
"BELAY THAT, KINGFISHER HAS GONE ROGUE. REPEAT, KINGFISHER IS FIRING UPON ALLIED FORCES, I'M GOING IN." Micheal calls out into the radio as he watches the building begin crumble.

>Mike's face when
>Pic related

He grits his teeth as he guns the engines, flying off the top of his building directly towards the collapsing one, and the shitslinging party, raising his heavy shield forward.

>Mike's horn intensifies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAKksqKR3pI
>>
>http://pastebin.com/EJHa0MrP

Edin must have dozed off or something while waiting for the stealth team to fuck up because apparently he had missed the part where everything had gone to hell.

Sighing to himself he tried to radio Bunyip to find himself being met by no response.

Groaning now he pulled a small hand radio with the GI's emblem stuck on it and twisted the tuner for a few seconds until the static cleared.

"Oi, Bruce you fucking old bastard, what the christ is happening? Did the stealth team fuck up? Why's everyone yelling over comms?"
>>
>>45540437

Tommy: "SHE IS STILL PART HUMAN YOU TARDO!"

Editi: "Does the phoenix collective have infused pilots? Because you are saying they all have to be killed. That is the analogy you are using."

>>45540526

Tommy: "Well King attacked Tam! He's turning so fast the world can't keep up!"

>>45540558

Editi: "Unlikely. Mostly due to both of us lacking nanites. However I do question the physic activity that might have happened."

>>45540602
>I wonder how them Duke boys is going to get out of this now.
>>
>>45540655
Bruce frowns as someone contacts him on his old AN/PRC 77, a radio from non-suit tech strapped to his back. Damned aliens don't expect Vietnam-era tech.

He sends an encrypted response with morse code.
>>
File: Shitposter Encryption Module.png (59 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
Shitposter Encryption Module.png
59 KB, 300x416
>Speaking of made-up items ;^)

>>45540602
Bruce looks at the Mammoth as it attempts what can only be described as an airborne dynamic entry VIA tank. He shakes his head.
"...Typical."
>>
>I thought you guys were dead, no one is around in irc. Where do I even get started?
>>
>>45540840
>STATE YOUR NAME, AND YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
>>
>>45540840
>Name, Faction and preferred faggory
>>
>>45540840
It would help if we knew where last you left off, so we can fill you in.
>>
>>45540840
Name, measurements and favourite type of underwear
>>
>>45540866
>>45540886
>>45540946
>God damnit you guys.
>>
>>45540866
>>45540886
>Black
>Hanse, I think?
>>45540946
>Black and white stripes
>>
>>45540962
I luv u, pls notice me senpai
>>
>>45540840

Things bubbled down. etc etc.

>Also state your Name, open ports, and porn directory.

>>45540975
Sup BP. How yah been?
>>
>>45540975
Hey man, get on #PACYOA, speak to me baby. GOt something for you
>>
>>45540975
Hmm, well. . .this mission is technically near end stage BUT if you want in on something fun, there is another mission likely on next saturday.

Luckily your 2.0 build is still valid.
http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Prince
>>
>>45540119
[MED COM - CRIT FAIL, PASS]
You go to fire the-

oh FUCK OFF

The railrifle misfires, knocking off your aim YET AGAIN. Not to mention someone just attacked you and you aren't looking too hot.

The shit you'll do for money, man. The shit you'll do for money.

>>45540281
Your message receives a message in response.

"Redneck, this is Armor Corps Command. We have received your request... I thought the Engineers were handling things? We received a similar message from Engineer Operational Command, we're sending over Military Police Forces immediately. If it's Phoenix... you are cleared to engage if they have gone rogue. Repeat, you are cleared to engage if they have gone rogue."

>>45540295
[V HARD DEX - PASS, PASS, FAIL]
It's a one-in-one-hundred shot to punch Tam... but you can make it.

> REFERRED TO AS "A" BELOW

>>45540357
The shots, thankfully, miss due to a malfunction within the weapon.

[HARD DEX - FAIL, FAIL]
Unfortunately, your attempts to block the projectiles take the majority of your actions.

>>45540358
You snatch Tam, and EE prepares itself for launch.

> REFERRED TO AS "B" BELOW

>>45540405
[HARD COM - FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, FAIL goddamn dude]

> REFERRED TO AS "C" BELOW

>>45540408
[V HARD TECH - PASS]
Trying to grab a person rocketing at another person with Sludgetech capabilities is a one-in-one-hundred shot.

You feel like this expression has been used before...

> REFERRED TO AS "D" BELOW

>>45540436
oh

okay

EBA charges.

>>45540526
> harden activated

>>45540595
> j

>>45540602
You slam right into the building, hopefully not fucking things up too bad.

Ah, fuck.

It's gonna be bad.

> REFERRED TO AS "E" BELOW

> here we go boys

1/2
>>
A > D > B > C
Saltire flies directly at Tam, with weapons readied. Flying clear and straight, the weapons are suddenly thrown off course by Redneck Rider, whose attempts to prevent the hit from happening are somehow successful. However, with the speed at which the attack is intended to hit at, the pull itself doesn't catch completely, not pull him back but instead changing his course.

Takeda's grenades fly towards Saltire but are completely and utterly unsuccessful in their attempts to hit the man, as the thing intended to be hit is thrown off course by an action by another teammate. The grenades fly towards Saltire flying towards Tam, and accidentally somehow barrel towards Tim. Tim, having grabbed Tam, immediately shoves her inside the cargo hold of the fortress-sized mech and prepares the EE. However, the EMP grenades, jumbling systems somewhat, throw off EE's preperatory measures and ultimately EE needs to recalculate an escape path. Speaking of which, escape might be a good idea, the building looks like it's

E

> E

Michael suddenly slams into the building, right as Saltire's attack misses and flies right into Light Tim.

TIM ROLL 2 V HARD DODGE ROLLS OR TAKE HIT FROM SALTIRE

The loud sound of a horn blares as the sound of crumbling structural pieces only adds to the rumbling above.

Now, with so many underneath the structure, the rumbling grows so loud it's hard to talk over it.

Zipline can only watch in the distance as the structure's right side begins to give way.

oh no

not like this

2/2 good luck
>>
>>45540732
Edin listened intently to the code, his face growing pale as he took the information in. Sending back an encoded reply he conversed with his fellow GI pilot for a while before putting the radio away and moving towards the insanity occuring around the other suits.
>>
>>45541095
>Using Point Barrier on one of Saltire's strikes
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 486x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 486x412
>PACYOAshit on the first page again.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>45541061
>>45541095
To himself: "Well this is gonna end up like shit either way. Well the mission comes first."

On comms: "Remember Salt Lake."

Activate double up on Saltire. Rolling TECH to detonate suit's sludge.

TECH: -5
>>
>>45541095
"Oh are you guys fucking serious...?" Zip muttered, moving over towards the crumbling end of the structure, and trying to find somewhere and something to try to hold the building up, their jets and thrusters to keep it vaguely intact, at least for now. "Swear to god are you guys even paying attention to either's comms?!"

>...Going to try holding up the building from the top end of it. This will probably end poorly.
>>
>>45541252
"I have no idea whats going-"

>>45541192
"-........Why do I think Taipei..."

>>45541252

He moves with Zipline, before trying hold the building up....before sending a Double Team signal too Tommy.

>Double Team: Carrier Prime
>>
Rolled 85, 77, 55, 64, 97, 92, 34 = 504 (7d100)

>>45541095

He saw the bleeping on Kingfisher's interface, it looked... bleak to say the least.

"Great, call it down just as I'm coming to save you, you MASSIVE. GAY. SHITE!"

"WE'RE NOT FINISHED YET, THE TA CAN FUCKING TAKE IT."

Dragonfly beats it, flying far away, quickly as possible, taking advantage of the slight short range boost from the late Kingfisher.

>Using Range 2 boost Spd bonus to fuck the fuck off.
>Throwing a Charged Bomb at Tim (With Tam) MA-X, 6 shots at Tim(& Tam)
>Flying very, very far away
>+20 bonus against rebel scum players, don't know the bonus from MA-X, and don't have the card.
>>
>>45541192
"Ohhh... Shit. Everyone, get out! Get Tam and run!" Silver says, as he uses his jetpack to get away as fast as he can...

>>45541252
"Zip, don't! We're gonna have a massive explosion soon and I'd rather not be here when it happens!"
>>
Rolled 48, 12, 39, 24, 99, 55, 68, 27, 82 = 454 (9d100)

>>45541061
>>45541095

Editi: "OhmypodOhmypodOhmypodOhmypod."

Tommy: "FUCK YOU KING I OUT!"

>Activating plasma shield, Aegis nanites, Turtle drone for a total of 16 DUR!
>Flying out with flight though the roof.
>Trying to dodge free mike.
>Tech to heal Tam in the suit.
>+/- 10 tech to stop bleeding and stabilize TAM.
>Hacking to stop Dorf from self destructing.

>>45541319

>Accepting and loving the dur

Editi reaches out with a response instantly. "THANK YOU RED!"

Tommy seems to be busy extending an tentacle to.... Try and flip off King? With no fingers?

>Dur is now at 21.
>Dodge is now at -1

>>45541399

>Dodging as well I guess...
>Using PB on the crit.
>Dur is at 18.
>-1 dodge.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>45541165
Activating Lockpick Flares to chaff MA-X missiles

Rolling techs:
1 Tech to try and use the MAGNETO to try and cause the missiles to collide in midair and explode each other before they hit LT

Bonus:
+/-5 Hacker
+/-10 TE Bonus
8 POW
>>
>>45541497

>And if I CAN USE IT. EE after all of that.
>>
>>45541192
"OH HELL NO YOU BITCH!" Micheal calls out as he aims EVERYTHING at Kingfisher and fires.

Artillery: +35 bonus
Helions: +25 Bonus
Mortars: +20 Bonus
>>
>>45541403

>PB Carrier Bad Dex Roll

>>45541403
"....."

>>45541252
"We might wanna run. Basilius, Zipline, Edin and Lightning, Prep to run, Now!"
>>
Rolled 45, 27, 44, 95, 82, 74 = 367 (6d100)

>>45541567
>Ate my dice roll
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>45541095
The sight of the building collapsing upon his comrades paused Edin, thoughts of finding Tam halted as he moved to save his friends.

Raising a guantlet he activated his MFE and tried to ynak his allies out of the collapsing building, specifically Tommy and Editi, there were questions needing answered and no one was leaving until that happened.

>Using MFE to try and pull some suits out of the building, no tech bonus, main focus on T&E
>>
>>45541573
"Well, since you're RIGHT here, I can at the least help with that. Building's gonna fall guys!" Zip called, moving over to grab Red if they were willing, and utilizing their jump jets to rush the HELL away from the blast radius... if there was possibly anyone on the way such as Edin, or Lightning, they'd swing by but they would have to get on FAST.

>Jump Jet and 11 flight speed away... Edin, Lightning? Actually are they even in range/here as is?
>>
>>45541497
>>45541513
>>45541573
>>45541567
>>45541647
"Alright, you all heard Red! Move it, people! We can settle this some other time!"

Silver then slowly tilts his angle, beginning to fly close to Tim, sword in hand and shield at the ready.
>>
>>45541605
>Well nevermind, I guess Edin's going to be busy with that.
>Also if I'm forgetting anyone we can try picking them up too. Gattai is also available...
>>
File: Bunyip Sneaking.png (722 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Bunyip Sneaking.png
722 KB, 700x700
>>45541497
Bruce sees the distinctive orb shape of Carrier Prime lift off like some kind of rocket lifting off into orbit. He presses a single button on his AN/PRC-77, then says a single word to his suit's Artificial Intelligence.

Then he gives his orders to his suit's AI.
>Fool, PM incoming. Preparing actions.
>>
>>45541647
Sends a Comm signal to SK and Lightning Knight to Gattai Up, and scoop up Bas...then move to cover the Carrier.

"Carrier, status on Tam, what the FUCK happened in there?"

>Gattai SK, Lighting, Zipline, Red
>Pick Up Bas
>>
>>45541787
>Note. Takeda's Avatar is riding with Redneck Rider.
>>
>>45541838
>well hoi there
>>
>>45541061
>>45541095
>>45541787
"What, I'm confused. What exactly is going on?"
Czar said, still unsure what's happening.
>>
>>45541938
"You've got a Gattai Jet-Pack, Don't question it."
>>
>>45541165
>>45541497
The point barrier, thankfully, negates the KRF.

>>45541192
[EASY TECH - aww nigga whatchu doin]
The suit begins beeping, taking your critical HP as an override mechanism to trigger a detonation.

>>45541399
[EASY COM - PASS]
You throw the charged bomb, dashing out immediately. You turn around to use your MA-X, but don't even get a chance before...

>>45541403
You get THE FUCK out.

>>45541497
[9 rolls - I have absolutely no idea what is for what]
[using average for TECH
> when that mean is 50
> when that median is 48
fug]
[HARD TECH - PASS]
You hack to stop Kingfisher, and are able to delay the explosion for a second. However, the critical condition of the suit has allowed limiters and failsafes to be turned off.

It's looking pretty grim.

>>45541513

>>45541567
>>45541585
You fire at Kingfisher, and the suit doesn't really seem to stop your efforts.
[COM ROLL UNNECESSARY - SUCCESS]

>>45541605
You see Silver, Saltire, and Redneck bail the fuck out. You try to grab others, and are unsuccessfully in grabbing Tommy.
[V HARD TECH - FAIL]

>>45541536
Tim EEs out of the small holes in the soon-to-crumble structure and fires out, with Tam in tow.

>>45541717
...only to be followed up by Bunyip, using EE in the same direction.

[The Cross and the Martian Lazer fire - roll]

>>45541647
>>45541319
>>45541252
You go to try and hold up the building, but it immediately crumbles.

The rumbling turns into cracking and smashing as the concrete and steel collapses inward into the building.

You call it and fucking BOLT.

> Things are getting very hard to organize. Missed posts have likely been read but attempting to keep on top of the chaos is becoming difficult.
>>
Rolled 9, 73 = 82 (2d100)

>>45542003
>Lazer, then Cross.
>>
>>45542030
+66, +51
>>
>>45542003
All important shit to clarify:

>>45541399
MAX fires.
[H COM - P,F,P,CP,P,F]
>>45541513
[VH TECH - F]
Lockpick fails.

>Tim EE
>All players not EE'd coming out from structure roll 6 H DEX from MAX.

>>45541717
Weapons fire FIRST.
>>45542030
>>45542076
[VH COM - F,P]
Lazer taps the EE'd Tim but fails to do major damage.

Any and all players still under the building can escape as it collapses by rolling MED DEX - failure to dodge is underneath the structure with Kingfisher's explosion.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>45542414
>Rolling DEX to escape the building.
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>45542414
Rolling to dodge my own death
:^)

Dodge bonus: -27
>>
>>45542414
>Gattai rolls to escape the fuck away. Gattai stats please don't fail me now...
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>45542518
Takeda sets his suit on autopilot, ordering it to try and PUSH Micheal with the Magneto and GET HIM OUT of the building.
1 Tech for Magneto
Bonus:
+/-5 Hacker
+/-10 TE Bonus
8 POW
>>
Rolled 81, 12, 19, 60, 32, 10 = 214 (6d100)

>>45542538
God damnit it ate my roll.
>>
Rolled 43, 39 = 82 (2d100)

>>45542003
Cursing under his breath the GI pilot centres his solar rifle on target, pausing for a second as he considers what he is doing.

With a heavy heart he fires a single shot before cloaking and running away.

>Solar rifle at Tam, +36 com bonus
>Stealth run away from the area, -25 to dex
>>
>>45542566
>>45542627
IF I HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER THIS CRIT, I DESIRE TO THROW MICHAEL AT EDINBROTHER ON HIS WAY THE FUCK OUT AND INTO THE OCEAN.
>>
>>45542627
"Edin....why?"

>>45542569
>Bonus of -70 dodge cause Gattai
>>
>>45542003
>>45542414
>Was confirmed Buns could not fire in EE.
>CP has left the combat zone.... Well they are 10 RNG out now.
>Heading to a HEAVILY secured TE outpost.
>Will inform the base to protect CP as they land. Etc Etc.

Editi: "We are in EE mode and retreating."

Tommy: "I HOPE WHATEVER YOU WHERE PAID KING WAS WORTH IT YOU BACKSTABBING BASTARD!"
>>
Rolled 17, 57, 14, 100, 91, 26 = 305 (6d100)

>>45542414
"Why is there all these missiles being fired at us? What the shit is happening?"
>6 dodges
>-42 dodge
>>
>>45542414
>Following after the EE, hoping muh plan works.
>>
>>45542812
>Be advised, we are following Tim as well, in Gattai, actually keeping up due to our collective speed.
>>
File: Bunyip Sabotage.png (589 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Bunyip Sabotage.png
589 KB, 700x700
Bruce growls as he realizes that EE disables his weapons - damn it, in the heat of the moment he hadn't considered that. He sighs and shakes his head.

"Glorious leader. Set us for collision course."

Bruce angles his EE pod for an impact with Carrier Prime, aiming for the scorch mark where his Heat Ray had pinged off the suit previously.

RAMMING SPEED.

>Attempt to ram into and board Carrier Prime.
>Not sure what roll is needed for this.
>If I have to disengage EE on impact or exit the suit, I am willing to do this.
>>
>>45542697
Edin flinches at the mention of his name.

"Red, I'm sorry, I'm fucking sorry, I can't let Tam live, she's tumbling, there's too much of a risk, you heard what Tim said about her and how she was turning into an XCOM Elder, you gotta understand, we can't let that happen."

"We both know what Editi will do with genetics like that, I refuse to let humanity be put at risk for a threat like this."

"I hope you guys can forgive me one day, when it's all over.........."
>>
>>45542857
See's Bunyip Setting a course for Tim....The Giant Superfortress Sized Gattai....Turns back for the smaller EE Pod.

"I'VE HAD IT UP TO HEAR WITH THIS BULLSHIT TODAY. SMASH HIS SHIT OUT OF THE FUCKING SKY. SK DO IT!"

>>45542876
"Ya...well. I'm sorry too."
>>
Lightning barely had time to process what the fuck had just happened. Between (false?) accusations of people going Vannai, friendly fire, guns blowing up, buildings blowing up and now the threat of an entire suit self-destructing, she decided it was time to get the fuck out.

Fron the Gattai's combined sensors, she could see Tim flying off into the sky, with Tam (hopefully) secured inside. Everyone else was either firing at him, or trying to escape the blast.

That was shortly before someone unloaded a Macross-load of missiles on them.

>>45542697

"Oi, Red! Can we really just let Tim go? What if they follow him?"
>>
>>45542971
>We are following Tim, and are now about to engage Buns...and maybe Salt
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>Dodge for Tak's Mike throw, -44 dodge
>>
>>45543011

>TIME TO OPEN THAT CAN O' WHOOPASS
>>
>Taking over GM since Fool now has to go, lets see how bad we're dieing...

>>45542518
As it stands, the rubble is too much, getting in the way of you're not going ot make it in ti-
>>45542566
Wait, you're floating now. And then suddenly you are FLYING THROUGH THE FUCKING AIR. If anyone could see from beneath the rubble, this might remind some of some certain bullshit use of the force. But you're careening well away from the impending explosion...

And.

Explode it did, finally, a massive detonation flying out, energy and shrapnel launched like crazy.

>>45542569
The rather hulking suit that was the combination of suits weaved, moved, and flew rapidly through to evade and escape the explosion, barely catching onto their additional passenger as they flew... Away from the explosion. [Barely Passed, Pass, pass, Pass, Pass, Pass. Bullshit Gattai dodge stats....]

>>45542799
Latched on, it isn't nearly as easy to evade, especially at his size, and being dragged along certainly is not helping the suit. Evading the first set of explosions is easy enough, but suddenly they sideswipe another building, which loses their tether to the cables and the explosion more or less catching up. A nimble last moment evade, and they... narrowly roll and make the landing from the rest of the blast radius. You're on your own and the explosion is in the distance, but the suit is still functional. Despite all the blaring errors and screaming it is giving you now. (Total damage: 13 hp. I think you're alive right?)

Oh, and Takeda's comms have gone dead. It's a good thing he thought ahead....

1/2
>>
>>45543257
"Did you ever see a mammoth fly?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v2exWrsGOc
>>
>>45543284
>No, and it's even worse when they fall.
>>45543092
The flying tank came careening down towards the person aiming a gun, the vague action taken quickly isnt' all too accurate, and the suit below easily has enough time to move away from the target far, far in the air, as they crash down rather... hard. Whoops. (1 hp damage to Michael). The resulting crash sends shrapnel and debris flying about, scraping somewhat at Edin's suit, though thankfully their cloaking still remains active. (1 HP damage as well. Still cloaked.)
Meanwhile, towards some other far, far away, over the ocean? It seems the small and huge EE pods are now playing chicken. With a somewhat clear 'winner' if that small pod doesn't have a better idea. Though, who knows either way.

>>45542876
You would have! If you were close enough, though, the gattai is rapidly closing in on the two pods if you are indeed chasing... didn't you have a passenger and, uh, grappling hooks though? [The gattai has lost it's use of grappling hooks for the remainder of the mission. It will be in shooting range next turn, and in melee range in 2 turns.]
>>
>>45543257
>>45543503

"Hey! Edin, get the hell over here, we need to finish all of our jobs here, NOW! Time for Gattai!"

>Breaking off to get Edin, will Gattai if we reach each other, then chasing both EEs.
>>
>>45543546
"Salt, I read you loud and clear, heading over to join up." Edin Responds, "Let's try and not kill our friends while we're at it OK?"

>Moving to Saltire
>>
>>45543503
"Keep on those EE, Power up Weapons, Don't shoot just yet."

Red turns on his Comms on all channels.

"Buns, are your seriously about to ram someone with a EE Pod...with an EE Pod...damn that's desperate. But you have to admit....this is getting a tad bit retarded. Just freaking stop man, I don't want to do anything I might actually regret...."

>>45543546
"Drache...weren't you told to assist in protecting Tam or something....fuck if I remember all this comm traffic is getting confusing as all hell..."

>Keeps after the EE Pods
>>
>>45543652
"Let him be. This is over the moment they get to a base.

Hey Redneck, I need to send a message to command. This is important."
>>
>>45543546
>Shit, shit, shit. Turning off all comms after Edin connects
>>
As the pod continues to fly Tommy and Editi call out over radio.

Editi: "TE military outpost this is Carrier Prime heading towards your location. We are being pursued by a smaller emergency evac pod that is after our top priority mission sensitive cargo. Please prepare the TE EE landing site to a hostile incoming."

Tommy: "Try to see if you can shoot it down without killing it's pilot however. Hostile is a GI pilot. Buns if you can hear that PLEASE back down. Too many people have died today mate."
>>
>>45543738
"Uh...sure I guess. Comms are your Takeda."

He shrugs inside his suit, and lets Takeda take control...
>>
>>45543787
>>45543503
"Command, this is Takeda. I had to sacrifice my suit.

River Tam is being escorted by Carrier Prime but we are still being pursued by hostile members.

Taipei. . .got blown up. If those reinforcements are on the way have them head to these coordinates, Carrier Prime needs reinforcements. Fast ones."
>>
>>45543503
>>45543257
"Well, that was something. But what was this all about?"
Czar said, applying the repair gel to himself, watching the pursuit, still confused.
>using repair gel on self
>>
And then, a massive hand reaches out towards Bunyip. What seems to be a massive, red knight, adorned with golden emblazings and the roaring face of a dragon proudly displayed across its chest rushes forward, staring at the Evac from it's horned helmet. Red power lines run all throughout its body, flaring up rhythmically, almost like blood pulsing through its mechanical veins. In its other hand, it holds what seems to be a massive silver spear, the blade of Argent Slicer decorating its tip.

Two massive wings span from its back, crackling with electricity as they flap majestically in the air, propelling the hulking combination through the air,

"Goddamnit, Bunyip! Stop this fucking nonsense already!"
>>
File: Buns Big Railguns.png (970 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Buns Big Railguns.png
970 KB, 1200x1200
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>45543257
Bruce waits until his angle and velocity are both terminal, then tries something crazy. He disengages Emergency Evac, then immediately after...

...Activates Mimic on the Gattai monster.

"T-too many suit types, Comrade. I cannot do it safely." Glorious Leader informs him.

"I don't care. Override all safety measures. Burn the suit out if you have to. Just get me close enough."

Then he draws his Beam Saber, and makes ready to carve his way into Carrier Prime.

>Mimic the Gattai.
>Speed towards Carrier Prime.
>PLASMA BLADE BOARDING ACTION.

>I have NO FUCKING IDEA what my melee bonus is.
>>
File: take it easy.gif (249 KB, 499x423) Image search: [Google]
take it easy.gif
249 KB, 499x423
>>45544032
>>
File: Found it.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Found it.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>45544032
>all that edge
>>
>>45543781
"This is Outpost Sigma, we read you Carrier Prime, case is breifed and prepared for action, just make it back in one piece with the cargo." They remarked back. Your computers update to give you a distance calculation.
[The Emegency Evac's will arrive in 5 turns. You will be in range of covering fire after 4 turns.]

>>45544081
>Oh lord... here we go.
You target the gattai... your systems basically are saying it CAN'T do this shit, but simply by the fact of having enough combat data from seeing them all in action, it manages regardless to give out a somewhat functional variant... Your suit is now a: Sexy Armored Amphibious Hopper Tank Mount Dragon Predator Hunter (Total stats: 6 dex 4 speed 1 dur 4 str -18 PWR.). Your suit is draining power FAST, and that recovery it has is NOT going to keep up to it, whatever you're doing, do it fast. (You have only one action per round, and your suit will deactivate in 2 turns. Unless you disengage this form.)

>>45544032
>You're going to be in range to melee for this round. You've been in shooting range. And the gattai has plenty of weapons...
>>
>>45544081
>>45544276
The Massive SUit, still hot on the Smaller EE turned mini-gattai abomination...simply reaches out...

>Activate PB on Carrier Prime.
>>
File: Buns outside the suit.png (6 MB, 1198x1688) Image search: [Google]
Buns outside the suit.png
6 MB, 1198x1688
>>45544276
Action same as the last one. Bruce is going to carve a hole in CP's armour, then:

EXIT HIS SUIT AND BOARD CARRIER PRIME.

>Burning HANDSOME CRIT.
>Burning my suit.
>Burning Glorious Leader.
>Burning EVERYTHING.
>>
>>45544276

Drache switched the suit's comms back on.

"CP, GET THE HELL BACK HERE, WE'RE GRABBING THE ASSET, AND NOW, NO-ONE ELSE IS DYING!"

The Gattai activates it's afterburner and to grab at one of the EEs, any of them.

>Now using Jumpjets, fucking anything to catch up. Kill it all.
>>
>>45544364
>A: You have only one action
>B: Your AI tells you you would instantly die if you exited your suit, as a preemptive warning.

Either action will be a DEX roll if you decide to do it. You can only do ONE.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>45544613
I'll elect to attempt to carve the door, then.
>>
>>45544364

>Using one of the Gattai's point barriers to plug the hole Bunyip makes.
>>
>>45544645
>>45544637

As I said: Point Barrier.
>>
>>45544637
>I would PB for it too, but >>45544665
Has this.
>>
>>45544637
>>45544645
The mimic-gattai tries to make a cleaving blow towrads the door... and it isn't a very good one, probably due to trying to swing at some obscene speed that would kill a person.

The attack... is deflected by a shield. It occurs to you that you might have wanted to get rid of the one covering your target, let alone your target.

Your EE you're riding meanwhile, dies out from the lack of power your suit is having, and your suit is soon to go too, if you're going to do something, it best be in the next few moments before you fall too far behind. If you CAN do anything to it now...?

>Red/Zip/SK/LK gattai is in melee range if they desire.
>Salt/Edin gattai will be in range to shoot in 1 turn.
>4 turns till EE's arrive at the Japan outpost.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>45544762
...Somewhere deep inside the Gattai...a redneck sighed.

"The guys are gonna hate this."

>Activating Magneto=Buns
>Tech
>>
File: 213435314.png (79 KB, 326x311) Image search: [Google]
213435314.png
79 KB, 326x311
>>45544762
Bruce Dunn watches as Carrier Prime jets away, out of his reach. He spots the gigantic Gattai suit screaming towards him, and with a sinking feeling realizes that combined, they have more Point Barriers than he has weapons on his suit. His 'fatal velocity' warning is still pinging - even as Glorious Leader burns itself out trying to keep his suit from going critical from the strain it is under.

"Well. I never liked these bloody suits anyway." Bruce murmurs slightly to himself, and reaches over to a lever built into his suit-s chestplate.
For once, he's glad his suit operates under manual controls. At least this, he can do himself.

"Well, gentlemen. It's been a blast, but I'd rather go on my own terms than rot in an AC cell whilst humanity warps into a mockery of what we once were." Bruce sends on all channels, as he pulls the lever.

>Bruce Murray exits the Bunyip MKV.
>>
>>45544762

"Can't even do this right... can he?"

>Still racing for the EE, blahblahblah, let me know when I'm in range of MEF or whatever it's called. If i am, I can alter this post
>>
>>45545074
"...you really think your that much shit don't you. And just for that, I'm not letting you ya fucking shitcunt."
>>
>>45545074
>>45544984
As Bunyip attempts to open the suit, he finds it's locked. Not by his AI keeping him shut, not by that, but by... some magnetic force? The power of his suit goes dead and he... isn't opened and freed. Maybe if the suit had power he could forcefully exit but... that was all burnt out too.

Well fuck.

>>45545215
>You will be in range for either melee or MEF this turn I guess, since that's all you're focusing on.

>3 turns till arrival at the Japan Outpost.
>>
>>45545294
THE OVERLY LARGE AND IN CHARGE GATTAI, WHICH PREPS TO BREAK APART, CONTINUES TO FLY WITH THE LARGE ORB OF TOMMY AND EDITI, AS THEY CONTIUNE TO THE TE OUTPOST. NOT GIVING A SINGLE FUCK ALONG THE WAY.
>>
>>45545454

>pretty much, yeah.
>>
Rolled 47, 8, 58, 49 = 162 (4d100)

>>45545294

"This isn't getting much easier is it? Just hold it together a little bit longer. And try to call something back to us, Edin."

Drache fires the MA-X and Solar rifle wildly for the EE's thrusters, aiming for the propulsion to knock it down... somewhat softly.

The Gattai flings another Heavy bomb for the EE's jets, leveraging it's dur to avoid a straight-up kill.

>I can't make this sound interesting, continue pursuit.
>MA-X(2) Solar Rifle, Charged Bomb on the suit's thrusters. (Does it do any better if I squeal don't kill, don't kill don't kill?)
>+40 not including the individual weapon bonuses
>>
>>45545634

Four attacks?

Four Point Barriers.
>>
>>45545454
>Upon Break-up
>Red to Zipline
>SK to LK
>Double Up on both, still will be able to keep up with the Tommy EE.

"...Fuck you, No."

>Deploying all 4 PB's at Salt
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>45545294
You just can't let this guy have his fun, can you?
>>
>>45545748
>Nope :^)
>>
File: pKnRM.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
pKnRM.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>45545658
>>45544358
>>45544645
>>
>>45545454
The gattai and Carrier Prime continue on, hurrying to base as much as they could. Surely there wasn't any interruptions right? Oh, no, wait, incoming.
>>45545634
....Aaaand they get point barriered. Fuck. While you are not on their comms, they definitely have noticed you now...
>>
>>45545857
>2 turns till arrival. 1 turn until TE land forces and the outpost will fire at any hostiles.
>>
>>45545857
>>45545895
"If they shoot again, prep to dodge...we should be at the base shortly...." The Suit moves in behind the EE Pod, ready to take the brunt of whatever else the smaller Gattai had to throw...
>>
>>45545634

Tommy: "I know you guys are doing this out of some mistrust from Editi right now, but can we stop this? I mean this is getting to be a bit much now..."

Editi: "Please stop. You are our allies. You're our friends. We can talk about this."
>>
>>45545937
"TE Command....or whoever is out there Command wise. This is Redneck of the Gattai....Great Dai....something something. Anyway, we are escorting Tommy and Editi in, we are still being pursued by a smaller Gattai....which seems intent on being hostile. Hope you got a welcoming committee on site."
>>
Rolled 68, 50, 25, 59, 35, 88, 45, 64, 44, 44 = 522 (10d100)

>>45545857
>>45545937
"I'm sorry, but I can't let Editi or the TE get Tam, I won't let it happen. Back the fuck off, I don't want to kill anything here! But it's ultimately you're decision so take the sane option."

>Flying up to the suit, not activating any of this unless they strike, otherwise, disregard this and the rolls.
>Brutality, then 4 blades, impact fist, KRF, Warlance, 3 beam sabres
>-89 to melee

>>45546046
"... And I respect that, but I don't want to stay on this route, I can change the report about what you've done, you clearly are well-meaning, I know you well enough to trust that."
>>
>>45546133
The Suit turns to face the smaller one, keeping their distance...still staying between the EE and Drache.

"Sorry....I can't do that. Not about to leave Tommy and Editi in your tender mercies...if they are anything like King's and Buns." The larger suit amalgamation shrugged.

"But I'm not gonna attack ya. Instead....I'm gonna be a dick."

The Suit put a hand on the EE Pod....

And Pushed. Hard. At the TE Base.

"Hope you like speed Tommy...and please don't die."
>>
>>45546331
>Dodging
>-70
>Will Figure out Dur after the point.
>>
Rolled 45, 67, 95, 27, 50, 37, 87, 62, 3, 40 = 513 (10d100)

>>45546331
>>
>>45546331

Editi: "What are you planning red? What are yo-"

Tommy: "WWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
>>
>>45546097
"Outpost Sigma here, we're in position, make sure everyone has their comms on, because they're getting targeted otherwise." The other side called, checking some comms as you close in.

>>45546133
"You DO realize that Armor Corps is working with them on this one, and this is probably important right?! Hell, I'm pretty sure Armor Corps is sending reinforcements to stop you guys at this point!" Zipline called back. "Turn your comm signals back on and stop the chase."

>>45546133
>Holy fucking owch, gattai vs gattai is crazy.
The barrage of strikes rain down upon the two, the barrier emitted from the Zipline armor crackling, barely stopping the physical blades, but the many other weapons of plasma sear in and strike their form. (6 damage from the Warlance/Sabers, other weapons didn't break through the DUR), though, the Gattai itself is giving warning and errors.

However, as the suits close in, a lock on signal blares for the Salt/Edin Gattai, and a storm of Ion bursts rain out from all over the area, some from suits, others from turrets, and the last few from the distance, where the pod is about to arrive at.

>Roll 7 hard DEX dodges, Salt/Edin.
>>
Rolled 79, 34, 80, 86, 20, 21, 34, 45, 36 = 435 (9d100)

>>45546854
"You misunderstand. I came in here to prevent your fighting, I didn't want to do this, and I don't want to keep going this way. I'm only attacking to make sure Tam gets away save, so I'll reiterate what I said to Tommy before; I do trust that you can plug the risk, but not that's still a big risk, holding her somewhere safe like ACMP HQ is... less dangerous than sticking to this. That's what I was trying to say BEFORE you moved in to attack me. You're sure you can't discuss this, not even a little?"

>Dodging, then holding back, trying to talk,again
>Aegis, Harden
>Dodge is -93 (Player bonus? Makes it -100)
>Queued up bomb and Solar rifle +45 each
>>
>>45547093
"Who gave you the authority dude.

Like. . .I'm pretty sure ACMP is sending reinforcements here to stop you. I sent them the recordings man.

If they wanted Tam in ACMP they'd transfer her there. But why would they?"
>>
>>45547093

"Then STOP THAT SHIT!" Lightning cuts over the comms

"I'm not trying to save Tam just so she can be a guinea pig! I'm trying to save her so she has a chance to live properly!"
>>
>>45547093
"What-to discuss-plain-that you-are just going to do-hat you want-damned the-consquences-you keep-ing-fight-fighting-when we have stopped-we haven't even fired...and we haven't fired. Do whatever you want. I wasn't even in favor for her living BUT YOU ALL SHOT FIRST, NO DISCUSSION AND YOU-WAN-TO TRY AND-ALK NOW?! WHAT A CROCK OF BULLSHIT!"

Signals the others to either disengage and run, or re-gattai with LK, and still run the fuck away.

"-I trust TE more then I trust the old lapdogs of the Traitor Command-so do what you will-You going to anyway."

>Move to disengage. Hope that TE called in Everything.
>>
>>45547093
Only a single shot does manage to strike your suit, and the gunfire does seem to let up. Mostly. Some asshole didn't hear and is still shooting...

[HACK DETECTED]

...Oh right, they're good at hacking, not shooting...

>Roll ten very hard tech rolls.

Meanwhile: Carrier Prime has secured Tam away, and a bunker forms above them as they are lowered to a basement floor. Unless any attackers have a bunker buster of sorts, this might be pretty hard to get into...
>>
Rolled 14, 88, 39, 38, 67, 80, 98, 83, 97, 46 = 650 (10d100)

>>45547217
"The recordings should show how I was called about Tam turning... Something that is clearly an issue. I trust all of you to secure Tam, but not the facilities. You need somewhere more secure to keep her, lest she become some kind of living beacon. And if TE HQ gets destroyed -or worse, taken over- by VP, this war is over and not for our side either."

>>45547240

His suit looked up.

"You're not? We have worked together before so... I guess I can trust something like that. So long as you all are... sure, yes, sure."

>>45547247
"You moved into me as I was by CP, I had no idea you meant otherwise, crawling up to someone with a sword like that is... well, it raises a man's paranoia afterall."

"But old command? We all served under those bastards, and I'm never moving back to that meat grinder, the new group are from us. So I think... yes, we're more alike than you're yelling about."

>>45547268
"You've got her in? Good. I suppose she's safe but... ich, I really hope, hell WANT, you to be able to hold her. If that counts for shit. Guess we're done. For better or for worse. Hope your bet's worth it. Really, one in a million shot's better than nothing."

>Defence Maze, Agent AI, MP bonus for +5 to tech, then disengage to talk, or something... peaceful.

"Still, I don't think my friend here's awake, he didn't have any part in this. Other than sheer loyalty both to GI and to humanity.
>>
>>45547488
The suit meanwhile gives off a few messages, notes... and then the lights go red for the pilots. A somewhat familiar voice, the Red Queen AI, chiming in, "Hello there! You have been hacked and overridden by the Red Queen herself! Please leave all hands and feet within the suit until the ride comes to a complete stop!" she said cheerfully, as the gattai simply lands down, all control seized up and the TE forces keeping a close eye on them...

>Wrapping this up on next post.
>>
>>45547488
"I don't think that's your decision man.

Like, your ACMP. Aren't you supposed to respect the chain of command?"
>>
>>45547488

"I... fuck. I don't eve know who's right or wrong anymore. I figured that just killing her in cold blood without even trying to talk it out first was... too rash."

There is a long pause. Camille sighs.

"After all the shit she's been through, it's only fair Tam can get some peace and quiet. Right?"
>>
>>45547702
"Well, she'll get that. The hol- uhhmmm, her chambers are pretty isolated and quiet. Safe and sound, it's how we've kept her for a whole year."
>>
Four hours later. Pilots, wherever they be, be they being questioned for their actions, taking a break, or whatever in between, would be informed of the results and findings. Preliminary and quick information from both TE, Armor Corps, and a few other representatives of all the other factions have been present to figure this information out, both based on the worry from the many pilots that turned to the point of pointing their guns on their own team, and even one suicide bomber.

The results are in between some preliminary tests and analysis of data obtained, a vague amount of information lacking location, scale, or otherwise. However, it was confirmed as to what it is. Be this their target from the start, or the entire reason, or just a part, it isn't fully known, but it is a large goal.

Their target is Earth, and a large scale terraforming project is underway. They're doing something to the planet. The question still is what and why...

[Mission Complete!]
>>
>>45547780

Cam's first instinct was to slap his shit.

She managed to hold it back. All this friendly fire had left her jumpy - that's exactly the kind of behavior that started this in the first place.

"...we'll make sure she gets treated decetly. Like a person, not a thing for your fucking experiments.
>>
Bruce, trapped in his suit, really needs to pee.
>>
>>45547801

CP rolled around the base. The avatars working and talking to people. The first people they talking to being the pilots either by speakers or directed comms.

Tommy: "Sup everyone. It's been one fuck of a crazy day hasn't it?"

Editi: "We lost trust and belief in each other today."

Tommy and Editi: "But..."

Tommy: "We have been given the entire knowledge of what the vanni know by Tam in one of her sane moments."

Editi: "And while I plan to turn her back to human if she wants it soon, for now this means we have everything the Vanni have in terms of tech."

Tommy avatar smiles particular hard.

Tommy: "And that means the scales have tipped. When we strike back. We are going to strike back with every Vanni handicap on our suits gone."

Tommy and Editi: "And we will win!"

The two smile and gives a thumbs up.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.