[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dwarf Civ Thread- Day 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: dwarf ranger.jpg (110 KB, 611x733) Image search: [Google]
dwarf ranger.jpg
110 KB, 611x733
Hey guys! I know its been a while but lets get comfy and get this thing rolling
>>
>>45538898
Archives of previous threads

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/45257949/ day 1
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45279480/ day 2
>>
>>45538910
I'm here op
>>
>>45538910
Last we left off we had eradicated the demon threat in the lower caves, however the victory came at great cost, butchering our army down to 2 companys of 100 men, nearly half of which are wounded and combat ineffective. We have finally secured the southern caves and thoroughly searched deep into the underdark for further taints of chaos influence, and have so far found nothing. Unfortunately, from a count of the dead, a few of our miners, who turned to chaos have somehow escaped the slaughter of their master and fled into the underdark. On the surface both our fishing town and western settlements are doing well, and our garrison on the surface has given the Palmese an image of complete normalcy. What are the orders of the council?

A. Pull everyone back the northern caves, seal off the south

B. Resettle the southern caves immediately and begin mining once more

C. Burn every trace and taint of chaos, including the corpse of the demon

D. Resume mining and recover the corpse of the demon for research purposes

E. Other

I strongly recommend that anyone who is the new to the civ, please read the archives, as they will give you a much better context of what we are doing, and a feel for our civs style and culture
>>
>>45538937
Hey how's it going?
>>
>>45538898
Bumping to give this thread a start
>>
>>45539181
>C. Burn every trace and taint of chaos, including the corpse of the demon
Sorry got distracted
>>
>>45539700
Hey im gonna take a 30 minute break, and give this thread a little time to get going, hopefully a couple more people show up
>>
>>45539952
Hope some anons show up on.
>>
>>45539181

C. Burn everything!
>>
>>45538898
Final bump attempt
>>
>>45541145
>>45539700
Olaf despite his injuries, directs are able bodied troops and some of the miners to assist in the burning and destruction of all of the taints of chaos, the troops tasked with the destruction are thoroughly checked afterwards for anyone taking chaostainted items from the scene of the battle.
>>
>>45541656
Soon afterwards the miners return and the gold begins flowing once more from the mines.

So far we have succesfully hidden our wealth from the Palmese in an underground chamber deep in the underdark, we have several weapon caches and a mushroom farm as well, in case we ever have to fall back to the caves.

Councillors, with the chaos crisis dealt with what is our next course of action?

A. Build a Ship(describe type,size,purpose, name it if you like)

B. Build something(Write in section)

C. Expand the western settlement

D. Scout further on the western frontier

E. Expand the iron mines

F. Fortify our structures in the underdark, expand defenses

G. Construct an underground hideout

H. Manufacture and hide a weapons cache

I. Build a magic academy(comes with a free tech and increases chance of tech advance, allow use of d6)

J. Other(write in)
>>
>>45539181
C burn the demon.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>45541766
forgot tech roll
>>
>>45541771
I. Build a magic academy.
>>
>>45541803
Shmeh, i dont see the point of a hidden weapons cache. Is it because creating more advanced weapons would be noticed by the palmese military?

If so I would prefer to just expand the western settlement and begin creatibg better weapons and armor at that location. Then a hideout at the eastern settlement could stockpile some weapons for when they are needed.
>>
>>45541793
Congratulations you guys just won a tech!

I will allow you to choose the tech after the next choice is decided

>>45541868
I just used it to fill a slot, are you suggesting expanding the western settlement, and focus the expansion on industry and weapons manufacturing, since it has access to iron from our cavern mines as well as lumber from the surface. We could also have the western frontier scouted for resources in another turn.
>>
>>45541766
>I. Build a magic academy(comes with a free tech and increases chance of tech advance, allow use of d6)
>>
>>45542054
>>45541803
Alright since you guys chose magic academy, it unlocks magic specialization and the ability start training mages.

Keep in mind when selecting technologies that you will follow this choice with a selection of specialization of the first class of mages. The specialization will represent the greatest focus and half the class will follow that type of magic while the rest of the class will be divied up amongst the other main types of magic(Pyromancy, Necromancy, Hydromancy, Geomancy and Aeromancy)

You also get 2 tech upgrades, we will vote for one at a time.

Please choose a technology

A. Advanced ballistic design

B. Advanced armor design

C. Advanced ship design

D. Magic Specialization(ie. Necromany, Pyromancy, Hydromancy)

E. Advanced fortification design

F. Advanced mining techniques
>>
>>45542288
Magic specialization geomancy, and advanced ballistic design.
>>
>>45542288

The council selects geomancy and advanced ballistic design, advancing us in the arts of geomancy, where intense study of ancient scrolls grants a higher knowledge level and understanding, and an advance in ballistic, allowing us to make primitive crossbows and ballistas, along with other types of catapults
>>
>>45543360
The council must now choose the magic specialization of our first class of mages, which will be educated in 2 years, or pulled out after the first year, which can be detrimental to their skill level, but in times of need and in special cases for students, may be warranted or necessary.

In addition our trade ship we sent to Parma has returned, reporting that the embassy has been established and grants a basic report detailing our first knowledge of the city. Our emissary reports great wealth. with the various merchant houses owning massive mansions, along with the shipyards and warehouses to support their wealth. The streets are lined with craftsmen and artists, displaying their wares. Several merchant houses are vying for control of the city, we are currently serving house De Benici and their commercial interest, but it may be in our favor to build a relationship with some of the other major houses. They follow a faith with many followers spread across lands far inland from them. In addition they seem to be in a long , low intensity war with a race of amphibious lizardmen far to their east.

In addition our troops serving as household troops for the De Benicis send us a half a ship' hold worth of coin and Parmese weapons and handicrafts. The other half carries several wounded in service to the Benicis along with bodies of the fallen. They carry paperwork requesting replacements for those lost in combat or seriously wounded

What is our next move?

C. Expand the western settlement(specialize industry or purpose of expansion)

E. Expand the iron mines

H. Raise a fresh regiment(100 men) to replace our recent losses

I. Send an expedition further south

J. Other(write in)
>>
>>45543638
>F. Fortify our structures in the underdark, expand defenses
>>
>>45538898
Quick bump to give us a chance to get a few more players before continuing
>>
>>45544146
Final bump
>>
>>45543638
>>
>>45544633
H
>>
>>45545531
>>45543752
The council orders the further of construction around our already fortified mines, several fortfied checkpoints are established further out from the mines, making it much easier to secure and defend.

What is our next move?

E. Expand the iron mines

F. Build a siege workshop(can craft crossbows, ballistas and siege weapons, must define where)

J. Other(write in)
>>
>>45545754
>G. Construct an underground hideout
>>
>>45545754
Also what specialization do you guys want to for our first class of mages?
>>
>>45545854
Geomancy would allow for quick building and manipulation of metals.

Areomancy would in theory allow for gliders to fly eternally, for boats to move with no wind and other such feats.

Pyro is pyro and =hydro is hydro.
>>
>>45545854
Geomancy

And I vote for H again
>>
>>45545854
Areomancy, unless the concept of enchantment is a class of its own in which case enchantment
>>
>>45545754

E. Expand the iron mines

and i vote for geomancy
>>
>>45546084
I dont feel like scouting or transportation are very much required right now. Geomancy on the other hand will be instantly useful now and forever. We can scout using normal means anyway.
>>
>>45546119
>>45546040
>>45545922
Geomany it is, most our mages will be geomancers, with the ability to manipulate earth, stone and metal. Has applications in mining, digging, farming and warfare.

>>45546084
Enchantment is a separate magic type

Also guys please come to some kind of aggreement on our development choice
>>
>>45546187
E. Expand the iron mines

I'll support this to break the tie
>>
>>45546119
>>45546244
The iron mines are expanded, with several new veins being explored and tapped into, we now slightly exceed the capacity of our forges and will need to find a place to store our excess iron, or start exporting it to the Palmese(or their rivals perhaps...)

The council is awoken early in the morning as a Parmese warship docks, revealing an official representing how De Benici, they demand a tribute payment and another company (100 men) to serve in the Doge's personal guard as he leads a campaign against the lizardmen.

Whats our next move?(this is a player write in section)
>>
>>45546390
Give them the men and prepare a shipment of iron.
>>
File: Dwarf_King_Throng.png (2 MB, 715x811) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf_King_Throng.png
2 MB, 715x811
>>45546390
Give them the men and prepare a shipment of iron, however, equip them with dwarf made weapons and armor, not some filthy human made scraps
>>
>>45546390
Can we task a few of our dwarves sent to fight to stay alert for stuff that might be useful for the Geomancers?
>>
>>45546591
>>45546526
>>45546434
A shipment of iron is prepared as our tribute as well as another contingent of 100 men, equipped with dwarven made equipment, giving our troops to try out our equipment and give feedback for improvements to our craftsmen and armorers.

What is our next move?

They are told to look out for anything useful, such as items and resources that improve our wealth, technology or arcane prowess.

E. Prepare a naval expedition(Requires a ship, may upset the Palmese)

F. Build a siege workshop(can craft crossbows, ballistas and siege weapons, must define where)

J. Other(write in)
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>45546754
forgot dice roll
>>
>>45546787
Looks like another tech improvement!, Please choose the current course of action here, and we will choose our next tech after that
>>
>>45546754
F. Build a siege workshop in the western settlement
>>
>>45546754
Raise a fresh regiment(100 men) to replace our recent losses
or if there is more support
Build a siege workshop
>>
>>45546754
>F. Build a siege workshop(can craft crossbows, ballistas and siege weapons, must define where)
Western settlement
>>
>>45546754
>A. Build a Ship
Small ship for exploring the surroundings. Can be converted to fishing later.
>>
>>45546879
>>45546867
>>45546845
A siege workshop is established in the western settlement, giving us the ability to manufacture small wheeled ballistas and some small catapults, along with crude crossbows. Crossbows are powerful and accurate, however their long reload times are a major disadvantage compared to the traditional bow, however they are much more compact, making them superior for tunnel and ship combat, while requiring a a few weeks of practice and training to make an effective crossbowman, while it takes years of focused training to create an elite archer.

Please choose a technology

A. Advanced ballistic design

B. Advanced weapon design

C. Advanced ship design

D. Magic Specialization(ie. Necromany, Pyromancy, Hydromancy)

E. Advanced fortification design

F. Advanced mining techniques
>>
>>45547066
>>B. Advanced Weapon Design, ideally focused towards the new crossbows
>>
>>45547066

Sorry A is supposed to be Advanced armor design btw
>>
File: Dwarf crossbowmen.jpg (112 KB, 1024x703) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf crossbowmen.jpg
112 KB, 1024x703
>>45547066
advanced weapon design, and next train a new regiment of crossbowmen
>>
>>45547066
>B. Advanced weapon design
>>
>>45547066
Advanced armor design
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.