[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #694: Post Builds And Stories Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1444809953408.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1444809953408.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>45361369
>>
File: 1392414712981.jpg (244 KB, 885x627) Image search: [Google]
1392414712981.jpg
244 KB, 885x627
>>45369638
You know what, fuck it. I'd like some feedback on two perks:

-Countdown to Chaos (200CP) (50% off: Aesirite): Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Time is a terrible thing, the bane to any who seek eternity. It is a gift and a curse to be aware of the time, at times. If you purchase this perk and focus on someone, you can gain an idea of how long they have left to live before perishing... and how long an item will take to naturally decay away. Just be wary of letting people know... not everyone handles the inevitability of the shadows of Chaos looming over them too well.

-Revisionism (600CP) (50% off: Aesirite): The energy of chaos and creation course through you, and it is unlike you to forget this nature, this duality that continues in an endless cycle. After all, chaos is harnessed for creation, but eventually all creation must give way and erode into chaos, to be used once more. Why not fiddle with that cycle, then? It takes much out of you, but using your energy you can focus on a shattered item to make it repair itself to a pristine state. Naturally it's harder if it's a magical or esoteric material, and it's MUCH more difficult if you're missing pieces (or even half of it)... but it takes patience to see Creation and Chaos work. Should you not be patient as well?
>>
>>45369479
Excellent.

>>45369470
Personally I don't think you'd really need to make radically different backgrounds for each series. You could just tweak each one to fit it's specific setting.

>>45369562
This one actually looks pretty cool.
>>
>>45369638
I was into Post-Build before it was cool.
>>
>>45368946
Which jump did that happen to?
>>
>>45369723

>Countdown to Chaos
Not entire sure what to think of this.

>>45369723
>Revisionism
What are the actual limits of this? It's a little vague.
>>
>>45369723
Does the first one just tell how long they have left aging normally, or does it tell if they are about to be killed? Can you change it or is this their inevitable fate you sense?

The second one looks awesome, but might be a bit pricey for me. Dunno, repairing potentially anything is powerful, but... That's just my two cents.
>>
File: a clever disguise.gif (108 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
a clever disguise.gif
108 KB, 250x150
Jumpers, tell me about your disguises.
>>
>>45369723
What's an Aesirite?
>>
>>45369793
I have a coat that hides my powerlevel.
>>
>>45369723
like the premises, but yeah, first needs to specify if it's just natural causes or being killed/destroyed
>>
>>45369723
I fucking adore the first one conceptually, but I also would like clarification on what type of death it counts down to.

The second...I don't even know. It's the type of thing I'd pass up because I'm a big brute, but it's also the type of thing that's guaranteed to save my ass eventually. I like it.
>>
>>45369793
Largely I just claim to be something else. It's a lot of fun to be the only person in power armor in the area, but not the one they are looking for.
>>
So here's my super complex totally-not-powergrabby FMA jump. Most of the stuff buyable with CP is available in jump with minimal relative effort.
----------------------------------------------------
>>Fullmetal Alchemist (1000)
Identity (20 y/o)
1000>Rolled 7- Xing -000
1000>Drop-In -000
Abilities
0200>Truth -800
-600>Homunculus- Gluttony -800
Drawbacks
-300>Tremor +300
0000>Enemy of the State +300
----------------------------------------------------
Step one is to fuck out of Xing, and head to Ishbal. Introduce myself to Edward and his brother, and get that little issue about being Artemis' most wanted out of the way, or at least hushed. Worst case scenario just shapeshift/disguise into something the military won't recognize me as. Gonna leave the plot to do it's own thing, saving people just before dying and getting them relocated to somewhere else.
Objective: Learn /how/ to do advanced alchemy such as making chimeras and making philosopher's stone.
That, and get in the automail business.
>>45369723
I like countdown to chaos. Might want to make a clarification about focusing on yourself. Revisionism is nicely written and (I think) well priced.
>>
File: 11059_1213488140452_500_271.jpg (17 KB, 499x271) Image search: [Google]
11059_1213488140452_500_271.jpg
17 KB, 499x271
>>45369793
>Mysterious Mask
>A terribly comfortable mask that has an occluding effect; your own lover wouldn’t be able to recognize you with this on without further clues.
For quite some time it was this, but eventually I got the Cowl of the Gray Fox, otherwise known as the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal from the Elder Scrolls jump.
>>
>>45369909
I hope you asked her nicely.
>>
>>45369793
I'm constantly under two layers of illusion. The first is the mist that can only be pierced by divinity or the supernatural, the second is the mask that can be pierced under certain conditions, but notably is not all that affected by the supernatural.

I look like a whitish gray-haired human of whatever age I am that jump covered in tattoos. So, still weird, but not "Oh god, what the fuck is that" tier weird.
>>
>>45369793

Well, in KotOR I was a cargo hauler/part-time smuggler. In A:TLA I was a ~mysterious nomad~. And in Tomb Raider I was Professor of Antiquities during my off-seasons.

Those are the only three 'notable' ones. Many hats; many disguises.
>>
>>45369785
>>45369813
>>45369821
I'll clarify the first one's limits and what it does, but it's... basically meant to just say how much time they have left. I'm sure you can change when they expire by modifying or adding/subtracting something. Should I clarify natural causes or interference? I was nervous about making it too specific and making it too cheap for what it is.

Revisionism, I'll clarify on that. It can repair anything up to the size of a small statue, but the more rare/magical/quality something is, the longer time it takes. It also can't be used to say, snap a sword in two and make two swords, it repairs the original. Capstone booster bumps it up to a small building.
>>
File: Double Stealth.jpg (296 KB, 774x768) Image search: [Google]
Double Stealth.jpg
296 KB, 774x768
>>45369793
You can say I'm a double agent
>>
>>45369923
You can buy it outright in the jump, and in it's long history Nocturnal was never mentioned to have tried to get it back. She just cursed it and the guy that stole it.
>>
>>45369994
Yeah, but you can stand to be nice to the girl. Everyone keeps bullying her and stealing her artifacts. It's not nice.
>>
>>45369772
It hasn't really happened to any jump, considering there are long jumpers who have done every jump in the drive. It's an understandable fear I guess.
>>
>>45370038
I think the fear is more for jumps that get builds from the people that do every jump and then...basically nothing after that for months. There's definitely some jumps that go without being even mentioned in passing for most of JC's lifespan.
>>
>>45369953
if countdown works on both or just one, that's fine, as long as you indicate which
>>
>>45370008
She also has only interacted with mortals through either the nightingales, or through cursing people that steal things from her. I also think it's implied she's trying to get people to steal things from her because it amuses her. Seriously though the thieves guild quests in Skyrim make me want to break into Evergloam, and rearrange everything, or replace her stuff with exact duplicates.
>>
>>45369733
>Personally I don't think you'd really need to make radically different backgrounds for each series. You could just tweak each one to fit it's specific setting.

I guess your right, overlap is inevitable but with a focus on each settings differences would make it good.
>>
>>45370082
I've never actually played Skyrim, only everything else.
>>
Okay, I'm new and I have what is probably a dumb question.

The rules say that when you die in a jump, you are returned to your home dimension, but I don't see anything anywhere about how you determine if/why you die in any given jump.

Could someone please explain?
>>
>>45370103
Basically, you don't. There have been very few people who have honestly accepted when they did something stupid and declared that they died, but most people just assume survival.
>>
Bodymod
Oh, cool. I can select a body type and then adjust it even further from there… Lessee… I’m thinking Athlete would be good, then I’ll add two extra ranks to Speed and Dexterity, which puts me at Usain Bolt on a motorcycle levels of fast, and then gives me excellent balance and some nifty parkour skills.

OAK tells me that I’d be able to run at 40mph, and sprint at about 60mph. Savant’s perfect memory and maths skills kick in to calculate that as roughly 64kph and 96kph. I don’t know why OAK insists on using Imperial most of the time when he knows I’m an Australian and was raised with the Metric System.

The first tier of Flexibility makes me as flexible as a human can be, and then Metavore ensures I keep my fit body regardless of diet, so long as I eat a sufficient quantity of food. Excellent.

Evercleansed is something I wish I’d had in the Pokémon wilderness, and I seriously consider it, but in the end go with the fourth level of Endurance, which lets me run for an entire day without getting tired, and stops me from feeling sore in the morning.

That’ll do then, a nice increase of my capabilities.
Body Type - Athlete
- Speed 2 (Athlete) + 2 = 4
- Dexterity 2 (Athlete) + 2 = 4
- Flexibility 1
Metavore
Endurance 4
>>
>>45370103
Well, some people like to roll for it.

Others post their builds and get informed that they'd most likely perish. Still others simply pay it no mind.
>>
>>45370125
Ah, I see. Well, thank you. ^_^ Back to exploring.
>>
File: image.jpg (311 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
311 KB, 1024x1448
>>45369793
When I want attention I disguise myself as a shota, picture related.
>>
>>45370103
It is admittedly a little open ended, especially since there are so many perks that would let you survive in a form past the destruction of your body. Ultimately it comes down to personal interpretation, so long as you don't take any ridiculous liberties. As a general rule, anything that would cause you to be sent to the afterlife in a setting with it probably counts. So if you have some means to clinging to the world like a Horcrux or emergency life support cybernetics, or anything like that, then you're probably not sent home. But again, just be flexible with it and don't try to bullshit your way into immortality.
>>
>>45370130
Going full Endurance hunter I see?
>>
>>45370056
>I think the fear is more for jumps that get builds from the people that do every jump and then...basically nothing after that for months

Unfortunately, save for some settings, and with the lack of builds posted...isn't that like 75% of the drive that falls within that category you mentioned?
>>
>>45370134
>>45370151
Thank you both very much as well. I shall continue my exploring of these Jumps and may participate in the near future.
>>
>>45370164
Running everywhere! All the time! Not being tired! It's really good, and that's definitely the reason I bought it. No possible alternative motive.

Warehouse

Ok, this is awesome. I’m not sure why the measurements are in imperial, but I calculate it to be around three point seven square kilometers, a very nice size.

Let’s see… The portal’s nice but limits the maximum size of the entrance, and OAK said it replaces the key, so I can’t even use the key when I want to. Dammit OAK, no portal for me.

I can probably just set up a portable generator, and also have a Porta-loo set up. Since I didn’t get Evercleansed I will have to set up a shower too, which I’ve heard tell is annoying to do.

The same for the workshop and medbay; a bit of money to buy some medical equipment and power tools is more attractive than spending this extremely limited pool of choice points.

Food... That would be nice but it's only for five people and with a mix of hard earned survival skills and metavore I'm pretty sure I can get by without it.

Shelves are free so of course I'll grab them, but with Savant I should be able to remember where I put things without the terminal.

The ForceWall is a must-buy, and I spend as many of my remaining points on Pods as I can; it was sad saying goodbye to my Pokémon and these will let me bring some friends along from future worlds. Ten points left. Well, having Electricity set up would be a massive help, letting me skip the generators I’d planned to get and just set up things in the warehouse.

ForceWall
Shelving
Electricity
Stasis Pod x6
>>
>>45370100
She gets a nice set of quests in Skyrim really, it's just unfortunately tied to the thieve's guild quest line. It does however follow the classic style, someone stole something from Nocturnal, get it back and knock the shit out of the person that stole it. Though it does also sort of make Nocturnal out to be, kind of a cross between Kuudere and Tsundere.
>>
I might as well.

86. Warhammer Fantasy Battle

>Skink Priest [800 left]
>Ectothermic [Free Skink Priest]
>Fearless [Free Skink Priest]
>Mage [Free Skink Priest]
>Mage Lord (Ghur) [Discount Skink Priest] [600 left]
>Mage Lord (Ghyran) [Discount Skink Priest] [400 left]
>Winds of Magic [Discount Skink Priest] [250 left]
>Eh, It Beats Dyin' [200 left]
>Spear And Tower Shield [Loadout]
>The Relic Priest, Lord Kroak [Nemesis]
>Secrets to Creating Lizardmen [Reward]
>Kroxigor [0 left]
>Move On

First off, how's my math? Does a discount for Mage Lord extend to each Wind, or just the first?

Secondly, a story to follow.
>>
>>45370213
>not using freedom units
>>
>>45370166
It's going to happen, but it's not anything to be afraid of. You supplied a brief moment of happiness or fun to someone, and that's good enough.

>>45370193
We look forward to it. Just remember that people suck at responding to stories, so don't get discouraged if it seems like you aren't noticed.

>>45370213
Any plans for those stasis pods?
>>
Monopoly

OAK really does hate me.

Go Directly to Jail
Do Not Pass Go
Do Not Collect $200
Stop Right There Criminal Scum
More of Them
Too Many Cooks Spoil The Soup
Annoyance
Ankle-Biter
Just Make it Stop
Embarassment
Eternal Pauper
Winning When You Lose
The Landlord's Game
Home Field Advantage
Cash Advance
Rainy Day Fund

Okay this is actually pretty interesting. ‘Rich Uncle’ Pennybags is offering some advantages during the game that become incredibly good business related perks once I move on, and all I have to do is make the game harder.

It’s a bit odd that it runs on the house rule that you can’t collect rent while in jail, but I was able to buy that rule back in, which goes well with the Drawbacks I took basically ensuring I’ll be in Jail the whole game. It costs a fair bit to be able to collect rent while in Jail but I’m still left with a surplus of 500CP, which isn’t something to scoff at.

I set myself up against a lot of other players, and make them rather annoying, but it’s just one game, and the points I get from doing so let me buy the ability to buy a property off the owner for 1.5 times its value regardless of how it works into their strategies. I also start with Park Place which means I’ll have a nice place in each world I go to, and start with double the normal amount of cash now that transitions to my economic ventures in the future being twice as successful.

I considered giving my opponents actually business skill, but it seems if I don’t win I don’t actually get anything from this.

1/2
>>
>>45370265
You know how bad games of Monopoly get? I thought I did. I thought I knew the limits of horror that game could inflict upon one person.

I was wrong.

So terribly, terribly wrong.

-

Pennybags is telling me that I won, but with perfect recollection of what I just went through I’m not sure I believe him.

He gives me a stovepipe hat that is actually really nice and makes people more likely to listen to what I have to say, my Pokégear gets updated to always tell the correct time and always be fashionable, and the scottish terrier piece is coming along with me. His name is Rover and he likes bacon and can eat chocolate just fine due to being made of pewter.

Pennybags also offers to give advice on investing if I just write his name down, and will convert my money into the funds of each world as I go. When I ask if that affects all my money he said he’d leave my coin and note collections alone, and would only convert currency I consider to be spending money.

Two final rewards are never having to pay parking tickets ever again, or paying to park them at all, and getting deeds to six properties of equal value to those I purchased here. Six hotels that will send a bit of income my way. That is going to come in handy, I’m sure.

2/2
>>
File: 1449069804329.jpg (255 KB, 1114x1043) Image search: [Google]
1449069804329.jpg
255 KB, 1114x1043
>>45370217
>Nocturnal has dere tendencies.
She just keeps solidifying herself as best Daedra.

Azura is number two. Never got why people hated her. She's capricious sure, but it fits what she is, and she as a being has been incredibly helpful to the Dunmer and Khajiit both. Plus I can't blame her too much for getting pissed at the Tribunal, bunch of cunts that they are.
>>
>>45370265
>>45370282
Don't let them monopolize your time.
>>
>>45370149
Your weird fetishes don't even surprise me anymore.
>>
>>45370355
I think part of the reason he picked Lucemon is that he's literally Digimon Satan.
>>
>>45370255
I'm a writer, I'm used to my words getting ignored on the internet. *laughs*
>>
>>45370365
That's a Digimon? Shit, really?
>>
File: Lucemon_Shadowlord_Mode_b.jpg (72 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Lucemon_Shadowlord_Mode_b.jpg
72 KB, 320x320
>>45370392
Digimon has never been shy about having humanoid or human looking Digmon, unlike Pokemon. Hell, by this point, there's a ton. There are Digimon intentionally designed to be attractive and drawn with provocative art in OFFICIAL material. Digimon threw itself into the whole waifumon thing with gusto.

But yeah, that's a Digimon. This is his true form.
>>
>>45370246
Eh, it's what I know.

>>45370255
At that point my jumper had none. Me making the build, oh yes.

>>45370329
I admit, I laughed. Just a 'haha' but it was still out loud. I'll try anon, I'll try.
>>
>>45370237
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKHAA8lzqDs

>"There is little left for you in the human lands, child."

>The voice rang clearly in the Skink's head, as it always had. He had never understood why Lord Kroak spoke to him so directly, and so often - but other concerns gripped his mind. Strange memories and visions filled his mind - a beloved wife, and a human at that? A Terradon that spoke? A mighty spear, a red robe, and strange circles? It was all too much to bear. Nearly nine centuries passed for Iztac in the blink of an eye - and he breathed his last as a mere Skink Priest.

>The traveler awoke in an instant, another life added to the many he had lived - another skin added to his wardrobe. He began to hear a voice - one this life recognized as a superior. A lord.

>"It seems your mighty ally was quick to awaken you, this time. Perhaps there is something she desires of you?"

>The Slann's words were uncannily true. He himself had to wonder if his patron desired him to act more quickly than usual. Normally, his new identity had a bit of time to remain itself before he came into his own again. "How do you know of her," he asked, "and what do you want from me?"

>"An excellent question, wanderer. Here is my answer - I have a test for you. I can tell, there is much you wish to do. A world you desire to create. You believe the secrets of the Old Ones may help you in this endeavor. You believe the secrets to the creation of my kind may aid you. Naturally, I have found them in my many ruminations - and I will lead you to them. At a cost."

>The wanderer regarded the ancient's words for a moment. "I suppose I will pay with my soul, then? Or some grand and arcane favor?"

>"Not at all, child." The disembodied chuckle of the Slann rang out in the wanderer's ears. "You will suffer. Ill fortune will befall you, and ill met with the Winds your powers will be. Reduced to less than half what they were before ."

(to be continued)
>>
>>45370302
Azura is a lot more stable and understanding than, Almalexia, or all of the Telvanni Councilors, and half of the other upper ranking members of the great houses of Morrowind. Sure she get's pissed off and goes overboard because of people for doing things, but try stealing some artifact of Neloth's and see what sort of collateral happens.
>>
>>45370302
>Not choosing Sheogorath

You some kind of filthy, cheese-hating heathen, anon?
>>
File: image.png (80 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
80 KB, 300x300
SENKI ZESSHOU SYMPHOGEAR (6)
--ORIGINS--
Orphan
Male, 20yo
--MUSIC--
•Attuned
•The Song Of Your Heart
•Signature Genre (METAL)
--PERKS--
•Calling Card
•The Power Of Holding Hands (400cp)
•Gear Training
•Mysterious Student
•I Won't Let You Do Whatever You Want! (200cp)
--GEAR--
•Fancy Casualwear
•Implanted Relic (Thunderbird) (-200cp)
-AI Assistant (-400cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•You Should've Died (-300cp)
•This Isn't An Anime! (-200cp)
•Berserking (0cp)

So I think my benefactor has it out for me. Not only did I go through a horrific monster attack, I was orphaned from it. I mean what the hell?! Like I'm not already teetering on the edge of the abyss. I tried to gett a grasp of what the situation here is but honestly it seems all kind of messed up. Not that I can't help that everyone blames me for what is happening. Geez it's almost like one my animes, but that would be silly to apply anime logic to this world. It also doesn't help that everytime I'm reminded of the terrible shit that I endured I black out only to wake up to the room destroyed.

That just fuels more speculation that I was somehow involved. Like I wanted to be an orphan, how fucked up is that? There does seem to be some crazy stuff that goes on with team of magical girls, they're all very cute but I'm afraid I don't want to deal with exploding moons.

My companions don't have any new stuff but that's ok they're pretty powerful in their own right. Angelwomon drew massive amount of attention, and asking way too many questions. So I had her enrolled as a teacher in the academy I'm in.

Wasn't hard to convince the dean to let her teach. She can be really persuasive when she wishes. She puts up a good front, the shy loyal Digimon to her digipartner. However she has a darker side that shows up time to time. Pikachu the sly devil she is, she gloads Layamon on. This is what I had to deal with, exploding moons, Digimon teachers, and a thunder mouse. It was a long decade.
>>
>>45370521
Sheogorath is a fishmalk.
>>
>>45370483
Yeah, pretty much. Especially since her big bad curse on the Dunmer was little more than a skin color change.

I think people just have an odd tendency to 'cheer' for Vivec. Which always surprised me, because Vivec is a prick. He was an interesting prick before he became too much of a Mary Sue, but a prick nonetheless. So Vivec hates Azura? Fans hate Azura, even when Vivec goes out of his way to facerape her to shore up his drama queen pride then let Morrowind eat a meteor for stopping loving him and prove himself more petty than her.

>>45370521
I like him, but there are a lot of good Daedra.
>>
What is your favored method of social discourse? Have you developed any particularly specialized techniques that you use while diplomancing?
>>
Other than the Gunnerkrig Court one with permanent drawbacks, what is the best shape shifting ability?
>>
>>45370622
I always liked combining Marvel and DC.
>>
>>45370622
Skullgirls one can be really potent depending on what kind of universe you find yourself in. I personally favour the one from Gravity Falls.
>>
>>45370622
Best would likely be something you could build using Marvel's mix a perk set up. Other than that I think the top spot might go to being a homunculus in FMA and going with Envy.
>>
>>45370599
Does singing count?
>>
>>45370536
>20 year old male magical girl.
>>
>>45370237
>Does a discount for Mage Lord extend to each Wind, or just the first?
I always thought it'd just be the first, but I'm not 100% or even close on that.
>>
Is the trimmed list in the Drop-box the most recently updated list for rolling?
>>
>>45370622
Shoggoth and Prototype are very good at what they do, though both have limits on what they do.
D&D has Wildshape, the Shapechanger subtype with various things that have/give it, the Change Shape Special Quality, and of course the various shapeshifting spells, capping off at Shapechange, which is a strong contender. Also Warshaper/Master of Many Forms.
>>
Last build for now.

#3 inFAMOUS
Greenlit - Gotta fight those gangs. This just makes them come to me.
Remnant - I’m greedy, I admit. I needed the CP. Now these guys are coming after me with concrete powers wanting to experiment on me. Damn my greed.
Los Angeles - Public opinion here is mixed, crime is moderately high, and the military presence is high. This’ll be fun.
Drifter - Still no extra memories, though Soldier was a serious consideration for some time.
Strength - Looks like I just got ripped.
Regen - Love me some sweet, sweet regen.
Durability - Hard to hurt and harder to keep down.
Conductor Weapon - A collapsible bo staff. I think that they might be impractical in the real world, but this one works just fine.
Safe House - I have a nicer (Park) place, but this one’s a secret. Shh.
Energy Form - This seems incredible. It’s based on Eugene and Augustine’s giant forms, the angel and monster that towered over everything around them. Hell yeah.
Analytics - So useful, I can keep track of everything around me.
Subdue - Since I’d like to avoid murdering people this is a must.
Focus - Time dilation? Time Dilation!

I have to pick my power. This is going to be a tough on. I’m so very, very tempted to go Video, but OAK confirms that Light Speed is a speed boost, not a set speed thing, meaning it’d add onto my as yet untested ability to run at motorcycle speeds.

Smoke, Cryokinesis, Electrokinesis, and Concrete are all such good options, for so many different reasons that it’s really hard to choose. In the end my decision comes down to the fact that Neon has both Light Speed and Statis Bubble. The gravity defying blasts of Neon were always incredibly fun to throw around. Also, Conductor Weapon? Dual blade lightsaber that I can just clobber people with. Great fun.

Neon it is.

1/2
>>
>>45370694
Hey I spent lovecraft a magical shoggoth girl. Spreading a message of peace, understanding and love, during the american civil war. Magic girls can come in all shapes and sizes.
>>
>>45370744
My time here is… Tough, but fun. Running up walls and launching myself into the air with my wingsuit is incredibly fun. I can basically fly when I start adding Neon’s strange gravity stuff.

My goals here are threefold.

Firstly I would like to make it nicer for conduits, and I think I help contribute a bit.

Secondly I want to pod Celia Penderghast. This… is really tricky. She’s a tough woman to find and a tougher woman to convince to join me. I finally meet her in my third year, and she doesn’t agree to come with me until my eighth. Cutting it a bit close there.

Thirdly I want to pod Eugene Sims. This… is super easy. “Hey, Eugene! I’m a Slider on a ten year limit, here’s a Charizard. Want to come with me?” I mean, I did have to convince him I was worth coming along with, but considering his experiences my heroics made that almost a certainty.

I leave here with *real* super powers, and two new friends. Well, one friend and one slightly friendly ally. I’m sure she’ll come around.

2/2
>>
I had a comment from a while back when I made a small wip drop that drawbacks were getting a bit too easy to handle, especially now that I had set up the arcana system, so I decided "well why not just write them with a more sadistic mentality?". It did lead to some rather nasty things as I considered what the best ways to inflict misery on others was, so I tuned it back a little, but now I'm wondering if this is being too nice again.

So I'm trialing this out for feedback. If it looks fine I'll probably run with it and continue to design drawbacks in a similar fashion in mind. If it looks fine I don't necessarily need a response, I'll just assume people like it that way.

have fun
http://pastebin.com/GYJMvWPD
>>
>>45370774
What exactly is this meant to be for? If you want us to comment we probably need some more context.
>>
So, Lord of Light.

Suppose one fancies himself a psionic god: would the Aspect of "Mind" or "Thought" be more worthwhile in one's continued search for ever greater heights? I originally did not realize such, but the fact that a Mind is the source of awareness and thought, while Thought itself is something born from the mind makes me feel as if there should be some difference in their effects.

...Alternatively, would "Psionics" be a valid choice?

And, another question. Would becoming a Rakasha be worth my while? I already am a NGE Angel, but I feel as if the inherent spiritualism dilutes the effect my glorious mind has upon my body.
>>
File: 1267324765159.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1267324765159.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>45370774
>>45370850
>mfw Knights of Sidonia drawbacks
These are all absolutely terrifying and I will be getting a phobia after this.
>>
I guess I'll get into the spirit of things, too. Starting a new chain.

Pokemon (1)

Region: Unova

Background: Small Town - 50

Starter: Shiny Charmander - 50

Perks:

Physical Fitness - 0

Mechanic - 150

Aura - 300

Survival Training - 100

Combat Training - 100

Technician - 300

Gear:

50k Pokedollars - 50

Motorcycle - 100

Drawbacks:

Marked + 200

Okay, so I'm starting in Pokemurica. No problem with that.

I have to deal with Plasma, but I'll have a shiny Charizard and superpowers, so I think I can manage.

Mostly I'll just fuck around for 10 years, try my hand at the gyms and the E4 and eventually head to a different region.

My last year is definitely going to be spent chilling on a beach in Hoenn, though.
>>
>>45370763
Eugene would probably get bummed his favorite game doesn't have a jump.
>>
>>45370774
Too stupidly hard. Drawbacks should be story enhancers that make things more interesting through flavor, not just mindless ballbusters meant to kill people with numbers.
>>
>>45370744
>Neon collapsible bo staff
I'm sure your glowsticks will help you woo Ms. Penderghast out on the dance floor.
>>
>>45370856
Not if you're an Angel, since as an angel soul and body are already one.
>>
>>45369793
You know the phrase "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit"?
I live that phrase every day, generally by claiming that I am some incarnation of Jesus.

Aerojesus, Raptorjesus, beamspamjesus, Crystal dragon Jesus, Jesus-reincarnated-as-a-dragon-reincarnated-as-a-woman; all are answers to the question of "Who the fuck are you?"
>>
>>45370957
Wait, would taking the Power of Dominance perk from Castlevania as an Angel make you invincible?
>>
>>45370925
Going for Charizard X or Y?
>>
>>45370986
No. You can still be physically attacked.
>>
>>45370991
X. He needs to claim his birth right as a dragon, after all.

Shiny Megazard X does look a little dumb, though.
>>
>>45370986
Muyo himself was asked several times and confirmed that if you took both, it'd just make you very resistant I think. That or something about deleterious effects but he lost me there and it's been a while.
>>
So, while we're on the subject of souls, what's the best way to get a bunch of soul energy to fuel Soulfire?
>>
>>45371044
The Priestess capstone from Inuyasha.
>>
>>45370774
Just to be clear, this is Knights of Sidonia?
>>
>>45371044
Dark Binding
>>
>>45370901
They aren't that bad, come now.

>>45370940
Good. They fit their purpose then.
>>
>>45371094
The purpose of being boring? I get that we have different ideas but Jesus. It's less "I can't think of a way to beat these." and more "These are boring and make for a more boring story for me."
>>
>>45371091
>>45371061
I meant ways to increase your own. I'm not sure you can use other souls to power Soulfire.
>>
So, just how strong would you be if you took both Aura and Psionics from Pokemon?
>>
>>45371079
The context is Knights of Sidonia, though I'm not claiming the jump so much as I'm just using it as a playing field to test out some new mechanics and stuff.
>>
>>45371121
Lucario Aura, Gardevoir Psychic. You'd make a decent pokemon.
>>
>>45371121
As strong as a Lucario and gardevoir working together, I guess.
>>
>>45371113
I don't use drawbacks for story purposes, that's precisely why I started putting in the alternative mechanic in F series jumps. Drawbacks are drawbacks, meant to hurt.
>>
>>45371120
Go cat in Soul Eater. You'll have about 8 spare souls to draw from.
>>
>>45370856

I think all of those would work. A strong foundation is important, but you still need to build on it.

Mind could, for example, allow the creation of minds in mindless things. Perhaps only temporarily - similar to the Elementals that the Rakasha command, perhaps.

Whereas Thought could certainly be mental influence or control.

Canon Aspects of note are Mara's impressive illusory powers and Kubera's ability to create objects and locations charged with powerful emotion (and also his fists, so he can beat the shit out of people with melancholy and poison them with despair).

If you're already an Angel, being a Rakasha may not really add much? I don't really understand which one you're referring to regarding spiritualism.
>>
>>45371120
Waveform anatomy from NGE makes your soul health and body health the same thing, combine this with Healing Factor + Speed from Marvel or just lots of stacked regeneration and durability perks and you should be able to soulfire all day without feeling anything, unless you try to pull something really huge
>>
File: PRAISE SOTEK.jpg (250 KB, 995x740) Image search: [Google]
PRAISE SOTEK.jpg
250 KB, 995x740
>>45370467
>"You will be beset by enemies on all sides, and our greatest enemies will hound you to the ends of the world. I have every confidence that you can succeed - but your failure, should it come, will be most amusing. I look forward to seeing how you fare, 'Iztac.'"

>So began the quest of this single Skink-Priest (as far as anyone in Tilea knew), to return to his homeland of Lustria. He fought on, through the assaults of Skaven warbands in Tilea and the predations of Brettonian Knights. He made passage down the coast of the Southlands, and faced the might of a wandering Tomb King. He braved the slings and arrows of undead pirates, and through it all, he survived - barely. There came days when he begged for death - at the hands of Druchii sailors, or even at the hammer of a Sigmarite priest.

>Still, the release of death never came. It was years before he at last set foot within one of the ruined cities of Lustria, where at last his fortunes improved. As foretold by Lord Kroak, who seriously knew more than he should have, the secrets were here. The means by which the Lizardmen had been created - even the mighty Slann! There was, however, one problem.

>"I DON'T UNDERSTAND A WORD OF THIS!"

>Nothing in the nearby jungle slept that night, so loud were his hisses of rage and disappointment. By the morning, that had worn off, and he was ready to begin the effort of deciphering the plates. Until then, however, these tablets did nothing.
>>
>>45371145
Thought about that. But I hate cats and I'd really rather not be one.

>>45371170
Perfect.
>>
>>45370927
Well, not one that he knows of. My jumper doesn't choose where he goes, or know what's available. Also, given he can and has already gone in the game, it would disappoint him but I think he'd make do.

>>45370942
Not trying to woo her, just get her to be a Companion. Totally different. Completely. Yup.
>>
>>45371178
>Sigmarite
hisssssssss
>>
>>45371157
Thank you for the suggestions. I already can create consciousness from nothing, but that is a particular ability I've neglected, in no small part due to not wishing to bring an intelligent being into existence with no desire to care or aid them in their function. Mind control, on the other hand, is something I do not shy away from.

I'll continue to try and think of ways they could function myself.

And, well. That was partly a joke and staying in character, as I have yet to acquire any abilities which would let me meaningfully leverage the soul portion of being an Angel, while Rakasha are just thought and energy.
>>
>>45370774
I probably wouldn't take any of those. That goes beyond "pain" and more "this is actively fucking up my ability to do anything except hide in my warehouse."

>>45371144
Well then mission fucking accomplished dude.
Except I guess I should point out that people who don't care about story aren't going to care how tough your drawbacks are. In which case you still failed and they're not stupidly suicidal enough.
>>
>>45371337
I'm honestly more curious to see how far people think they can go with the "stack as much CP as possible" thing. That being said, I've always offered more CP than normal in my jumps. FFXIV was a 3200 cap, and even this blank trial of Sidonia is a 2500. Comparing that to how my jumps typically offer just as much as other jumps do in terms of total CP cost it's pretty generous, no?

Besides, since the other mechanic is equal weight with drawbacks 600 to 600, honestly by the time I start considering drawbacks I don't see a point to holding back. Since the F format I've moved on from drawbacks being the core source of extra CP to drawbacks being the "push" if people seriously need more for some reason.

Previously I had considered just making full story drawbacks and making them all 0 CP so that max CP cap was 1000, but I scratched that idea out in any case.
>>
What about if we took all the racial warhammer jumps, and put them in one folder?
>>
>>45371415
I didn't really look at FFXIV, so I can't really offer an opinion on that.
>>
>>45371521
Some day. We don't really have enough for them yet, though.
>>
File: someday.jpg (19 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
someday.jpg
19 KB, 500x333
>>45371563
>>
>>45371549
Well...If I was to make a comparison, XIV's drawbacks are pretty tame in comparison to the ones in the pastebin, but that jump also wasn't made with a twin modification system in mind like the other F format jumps are.

I think, the jump currently in the drive that sets the benchmark as the biggest in terms of how much CP you can get should be FR(D&D) clocking in at around 8.5k~ CP approximately. The majority of jumps seem to be around 1600 to 2000.

It's just my mindset really, but past the first 1000 CP, I normally just put a set of story modifiers to hit 1300/1600, then drawbacks to fill in the rest. It feels odd that drawbacks shouldn't be inherently negative when the word has a negative connotation. But that's English as a third language at work.
>>
>>45371712
I think you might be getting confused on his points. He's not saying that the drawbacks shouldn't be negative, just that those ones are too negative. There is very much a thing as making things too hard. Drawbacks should make people suffer yes, but they should also be possible to win against because otherwise why even include them?
>>
>>45371762
The drawbacks are possible to win, unless you decide to slap them all together and take them all.
>>
>>45371762
There's also the concept of making drawbacks fun or interesting. Stuff that makes it harder, but also gives you story hooks.
>>
>>45371824
Possible to win can be a very wide range of things though. You haven't answered the fact that they may be (And as shown above at least one person has responded that they are too much and others have commented that they are nightmarishly hard) too hard, while still being technically winnable.
>>
>>45370213
>The same for the workshop and medbay; a bit of money to buy some medical equipment and power tools is more attractive than spending this extremely limited pool of choice points.

I envisage the advantage to the Medbay is that it takes care of everything - which means even if myself or an ally are mortally wounded/poisoned/diseased/slimed/cursed/whatever, it can fix us up good as new so long as we can just reach it. No need to worry about anaesthesia complications, unusual physiologies, blood loss, limb loss, brain damage, nerve damage, drug-resistant parasites, supernatural zombie prions or whatever other risks you may face as a squishy mortal exploring a big omniverse.

Admittedly that's not as much of an issue once you get Sufficiently Advanced Healing (tm) in your chain, but until then...
>>
Jumpers I have a question when fighting some enemy are you flashy as hell and make it a fight to remember or are you more of a pragmatic sort of person and shoot them with a sniper rifle when they are least expecting? I'm basically asking what sorts of ways do you deal with enemies?
>>
>>45371712
Well, I think part of the problem here is that you're thinking in terms of drawbacks granting upwards of an additional 1000+ CP, and pricing things under the idea that everyone is going to try for maximum CP value.
Most people just take drawbacks they find interesting or that they think they can get away with. Sometimes people are just looking to put themselves over the hump so they can grab that one perk they like.

Whereas here you're promoting more an idea that people shouldn't be taking drawbacks at all.
If that is the case, you should know that you're allowed to just not give people drawbacks. Black Bullet did that.
>>
>>45371869
Yup. I've addressed those already.

>>45371879
I don't know. I don't think they're too hard at all and nothing that's been stated really convinces me that they are.

I suppose could just remove drawbacks altogether if people seriously think they can't take something like this on. It won't change the jump too much.
>>
38. Redwall
Origin: Wanderer, Species: Rat
Perks: Gurt Diggin's (-100), Treetops and Timbers (-100), The Scourge, Dark Apothecary (-100), Musician and Poet Extraordinarie (-100), Prince of Mousethieves (-300), Expert Healer (-400)
Companion Import (-300)
Items: Abbey Records, Musical Instrument [Fiddle]
Drawbacks: Incomprehensible Accents (+100), Child of the Storm (+300)

Chimothy: Squirrel Wanderer, Stiff Upper Lip Wot? (-100), Born in the Streams (-100), Treetops and Timber, Musician and Poet Extraordinaire (-100), Banjo
Falcomon: Bird Wanderer (-200), Aerial Acrobat, Musician and Poet Extraordinaire (-100), Drum
Roberta: Hare Wanderer, Stiff Upper Lip Wot?, Born in the Streams (-100), Treetops and Timber (-100), Musician and Poet Extraordinaire (-100), Harp
Toby: Squirrel Wanderer, Stiff Upper Lip Wot? (-100), Born in the Streams (-100), Treetops and Timber, Musician and Poet Extraordinaire (-100), Tambourine
Ko'el: Mouse Wanderer, Heart of a Mouse, Stiff Upper Lip Wot? (-100), Treetops and Timber (-100), Musician and Poet Extraordinaire (-100), Pan-pipe
Sisters of Battle: Hedgehog Wanderer, Gurt Diggins (-100), Stiff Upper Lip Wot? (-100), The Hedgehogs Dilemma, Musician and Poet Extraordinaire (-100), Horn Section
Asriel: Hare Wanderer, Stiff Upper Lip Wot?, Musician and Poet Extraordinaire (-100), Riddle Me This (-200), Ukelele
Isaac: Badger Wanderer, Stiff Upper Lip Wot? (-100), Born in the Streams (-100), Bloodwrath, Musician and Poet Extraordinaire (-100), Standing Bass

I woke up on the beach one morning with no memory of who I was, but there were others here. There was sand. I could hear it loudly and clearly warning of the incoming tides. The beach wanted to be awash so badly. There were sleepers around me as well, a variety of species and a pile of instruments. The instruments insisted on sleeping, but the people were waking up. They weren't hurt, though I'm not sure how I knew that. I couldn't understand a word they said.
>>
>>45371957
Why not just not leap to the utmost extreme for once man? Can you perhaps consider a middle ground for once? Just make them a bit less deadly and keep them in.
>>
>>45371911
Oh I know it's good, that was just my reasoning for not taking it. Basically excuses to myself to justify buying so many pods with all these other things available.
>>
>>45371970
Because I already have 1900 CP without drawbacks? That's already more than most jumps offer on standard basis. I don't see how removing 600 from 2500 is considered extreme.
>>
>>45372005
Why not make it so that you don't get 1900cp without drawbacks then? What's making you give out extra cp when it's not a drawback?
>>
>>45371939
Depends on the setting.
>>
>>45372017
Scenarios, probably.
>>
>>45372029
Which presumably come with their own rewards anyway and could likely survive without also giving bonus CP.
>>
>>45372033
>>45372017
Fuck you man, I like scenarios. Stop trying to fuck those up.
>>
>>45372048
I'm not saying they should be removed you overreacting moron. I'm just saying that they don't necessarily need to give CP as well.
>>
>>45372033
>Hurr muh drawbak 2hard wan mor pont
>wut!? scnaro? NO NO PONT WANT DRAWBAK
>>
>>45372064
....Really?
>>
>>45372056
Removing the points is fucking them over. Stop.
>>
Sso I'm trying to create an army of Magical Girls/Super Soldiers. Right now I plan to do it by stacking RWBY Aura with Force Powers.

What else should I add to the mix?
>>
>>45372048
>>45372079
Are you saying that the scenarios Cats added for Harry Potter, Elder Scrolls and ASOIAF are fucked up?
>>
>>45372079
>If you don't pay me for taking your stuff you're fucking me over.
>>
>>45372079
But you haven't even seen whatever the jump has for scenarios nor made any builds so how could it 'fuck you over' when you have not gotten anything?. And in return you would get easier drawbacks, meaning that you could get points from there.

Or are you just complaining for the sake of it?
>>
>>45372105
>>45372107
I'd rather get points from a story than these mindless enemy waves. You are advocating the opposite. I don't care about you wanting easier mindless waves of enemies and other boring crap, it's a suboptimal approach and I'd rather you let him make his jumps his way than impose your philosophies.

Cats both has different kinds of scenarios AND drawbacks, so it's not a good comparison.
>>
>>45372017
Because I like the existing system for arranging story modifiers versus drawbacks versus scenarios? It's not like I'm removing all extra CP altogether, so I still don't really see your problem with it.

If I consider 1600 as a "standard", with 1900 I'm already beyond that standard, so it's not like I have any obligation to put more.
>>
I can't remember - is someone working on a Heroes jump? Or was it abandoned?

Or am I just imagining things and there never was one?
>>
>>45372102
Passphrase activated gene boosts? There should be some perk that triggers a super form or grants one.
>>
>>45372128
So what you're saying is that you entirely missed the fact that the only reason removing the points was suggested is because it was offered up as the reason the drawbacks are "mindless enemy waves".
>>
>>45372176
We had a jump of it, but it never made it to the drive for some reason. Ask Brutus maybe or someone else who collects records.
>>
File: Heroes.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Heroes.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>45372139
You'll notice that I am not asking you to put more CP in? Get over yourself, you asked at the start for opinions on the drawbacks and have spent the entire time since telling everyone that disagrees why your way is right. If you weren't going to take any criticism, why did you even bother asking people what they thought?

>>45372176
Here you are sir.
>>
>>45372194
The problem being that you expect him to overhaul his drawback system to be more storyhook focused. The dude doesn't make drawbacks like that, experience and his style have shown that. I think it unlikely that if you got your way they'd become entirely different than past drawbacks from him, and I also think it's a bit much to ask someone to change their entire style (unless that style is total unreadable or broken garbage).
>>
>>45372102
I tend to give my soldiers Harry Potter Magic, Avatar Bending, Captain America style Super Serum, use Synchronicity Event to distribute psychic powers, maybe Hammon from Jojo, Shinsoo from Tower of God, Chakra from Naruto, and use Deliver Us from ACTRAISER with the Saviour background, and give Stands, Personas, or Animorphing powers to people who pass minimum standards. I would have taken Cauldron Vials in Worm, but I ran out of CP. If the Henshin is important to you, take Crimson Saint, some reverse engineering perks, and The Heterodyne Amulet and Girl Genius, and create a spell which binds their powers unless they say a certain phrase.
>>
>>45372220
Thanks.
>>
File: d7zx9st.png (266 KB, 600x575) Image search: [Google]
d7zx9st.png
266 KB, 600x575
>>45371939
It depends on how dangerous the enemy is.

If they're a real threat (and assuming I can't run away?), then I will totally crush their butt in the most pragmatic and overblown way possible.
It's usually still quite a sight to behold, in the manner of "did she seriously just blast someone with a satellite cannon", "holy shit I didn't know magical fireballs got that big", or, "where the hell are all these robots coming from."

Incidentally, when seriously trying to stop someone with robots, I do tend to go with the Zapp Brannigan art of war. Hahah! They hunted Obito down like a dog. Have fun not sleeping, fucker. Your chakra's going to run out eventually.
Though, I CAN make some pretty high end robots. Like, serious laser cannons and explosives and HF Blades and high damage absorbtion capability. It can look pretty cool when I start fielding those things, I will admit.

... anyway.
When they're not actually threatening? Or even if I can see the threatening stuff and account for it (read: escape) from a mile away. Then I tend to be more flamboyant. I'll make a big show about being powerful, give monologues (which is hilarious in settings that love monologues, because I'll actually interrupt other monologues by attacking and then monologue about how stupid monologues are), formulate attack patterns, the whole bit. I love playing up the "I'm a boss character!" angle. It's great fun.
>>
>>45372224
>Harry Potter Magic
How do you give that?
>>
>>45372220
Because I addressed their criticism already by explaining what I had done with my jumps? I've gathered two points from the discussion above. 1) The drawbacks don't seem to have story hooks and 2) The drawbacks are too difficult for their build.

To which I had already responded: 1) That's not the intention of drawbacks. 2) They were intended to be difficult.

If people don't take them because they only take drawbacks for hooks, that's not my problem.
>>
>>45372304
It's genetic.
>>
>>45372318
Is it wholly genetic, though? I thought there was some component related to the soul?
>>
>>45372224
*From Girl Genius. Also, it may be relevant to take Deal Maker from Disney and/or Devilish Deals from the Van Hellsing Jump if you want to take the Kyubey route and trick people into your army in exchange for wishes, which I guess you could get the ability to grant by learning to cast Wish in Forgotten Realms.
>>45372304
IIRC, According to some of Rowling's notes, magic is purely genetic, and Muggleborns are actually descended from Squibs. So logically, with use of powers such as Biosculptor from Worm, or some good virology skills, you could give people magic.
>>
>>45372359
Entirely genetic.
>>
>>45371961
We found we all knew the same songs, even if the sounds they made were weird to my ears. Had my hearing been damaged, somehow? Or maybe my brain's communications center was fucked up? I watched them and they seemed to be having some sort of conversation over which way to go. It was pretty obvious we were being guided in circles. I'm not sure why it was obvious, but it was. It took the bird going up to get us anywhere with the rest of the group. They communicated again and we started walking with much more confidence, until we hit a river. There was shouting, then. I walked across it and the rest followed.

The mice on the other side seemed upset over that, for some reason. The woodlands were more concerned with the next rainfall. Would it be a good rain?

This was an interesting ten years and the first I took with solely a lack of memory. Redwall was safe with us about, though. I found good work helping with farms and working with Isaac to electrocute entire vermin armies. I think some of the vermin tried to convert me to their side, but I also couldn't tell what the fuck they were really saying. It wasn't hard to find a place here, though. The mice were nice enough and seemed to enjoy my silly sounding songs. I did spend most of my time with the things I could understand.
>>
>>45372363
Honestly I just wanted to give people punch and laser magic, but I like this idea better.
>>
>>45372308
>their build
Except all the comments on the drawbacks directly seem to be about them being very hard to too hard, not just that one which doesn't even mention their build either. You also said in your original post that you were trialling it for feedback and would go ahead if people thought it was fine. What response there has been seems to imply that it's not fine, yet you appear to be going ahead regardless.

So once again, if you did not intend to follow through on what you stated, why not just say "Hey, are these drawbacks hard?" since that seems to be what you wanted to know, not whether they were liked.
>>
>>45372363
Found it.
http://web.archive.org/web/20120208051328/http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/en/extrastuff_view.cfm?id=19
>magic is a dominant and resilient gene.
http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/2007/0730-bloomsbury-chat.html
>Muggle-borns will have a witch or wizard somewhere on their family tree, in some cases many, many generations back. The gene re-surfaces in some unexpected places.
>>
>>45372415
In that case, just figure out how to give people Nanoha or Mushoku Tensei Magic and you'll be just fine.
>>
>>45372394
I bet rats sing terribly.
>>
>>45372429
>magic is a dominant gene.
>Muggle-borns will have a witch or wizard somewhere on their family tree, in some cases many, many generations back
>The gene re-surfaces

>dominant gene
>the gene re-surfaces
>>
File: 1442883979667.jpg (28 KB, 224x317) Image search: [Google]
1442883979667.jpg
28 KB, 224x317
>>45372449
Shouldn't be too hard from Nanoha. They create artificial humans that can use magic pretty regularly, so all you gotta do is figure out what they're doing for that, then put whatever mechanism allows for it in a regular person, then hand them a Device.
>>
Whoa, hey, holy shit.
I just realized someone added my Merlin jump to the Drive. I should really pay more attention.

I was going to update some more stuff on it before I uploaded it.

But hey, if it works as it is, that's fine too.

I also haven't actually worked on it at all anyway, because I've been busy...procrastinating.
>>
>>45372487
That they do, Anon. I think maybe they were just more happy I wasn't killing them and was instead some weird, hard of hearing wizard chilling in the woods and occasionally helping with farms.
>>
>>45372521
It's possible to still update it.
>>
>>45372513
Maaaagic.
>>
>>45372547
I know. And I will.

Just as soon as I binge-watch 3 different shows and finish my next jump.
>>
>>45372531
Also, Now Your Voice is Crystal Clear + Do Not Taunt The Happy Fun Ball would make me a fairly decent singer. But in this jump, I'm a decent singer for a rat.
>>
>>45372426
>"Hey, are these drawbacks hard?"
That was precisely what I was asking for though. I wanted feedback on the difficulty and that was about it.

I don't think you've read all of my posts on this, or you'd know that this isn't actually a jump, just a rough scratchpad for design numbers. To be honest I wanted more criticism in terms of writing language, diction, flow and such, but everybody seemed focused on "difficulty" so I guess I'll go with it.

I honestly don't care if people like these or not. It won't see the light of day anyways, so what's the point?
>>
>>45372513
This has been posted here before, but apparently you missed it.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150320181422/http://mypocketshurt90.tumblr.com/post/27495622491/i-sent-this-paper-to-jk-rowling-explaining-how-the
>>
>>45372176
>>45372202
Because, sadly, it's a bare-bones jump-lite that's basically a grab-bag of random powers and items?
>>
>>45372618
Then why did you even post it if you don't care what anyone says in the end? Were you just aiming to create an argument or something?

If you want specific criticism on stuff, ask. Otherwise people will just look at the surface of it. Likewise, when you ask for feedback and do nothing but tell people that it's staying how it is, I don't see what the point is either. Maybe you'll say that no one gave the right feedback, but if the only feedback you;re getting is that it's 'too hard', then maybe it's a sign of something.
>>
>>45372707
Stop being so upset by irrelevant things.
>>
>>45372721
Not everyone that posts something that can be seen as negative is upset anon.
>>
>>45372176
Pretty sure it was abandoned, last update/post by the author was may 10th.
http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/username/Prodigious/
>>
>>45372728
His language.
>>
>>45372363
>purely genetic

Don't forget to teach them how to make wands. And to supply them with a breeding population of magical creatures from which to make the cores of those wands. And to provide magic for those genes to interact with (unless your chain's fanwank is that genetics _is_ magic of course).
>>
>>45372765
You don't need wands.
>>
>>45372765
Also HP spells are internally fueled, no outside mana field required.
>>
>>45372783
Unless you want uncontrolled underage magic or have Jump-chan supplying you with Jumper bullshit, you do.
>>
>>45372707
I'm sincerely curious if you read this >>45370774 at all.

You've ignored pretty much everything I said about having a different system to approach extra CP, ok, no problem.

You've ignored the fact that I intentionally approached this from an angle where I wanted to make sure the difficulty was present, and that was already confirmed.

People have agreed that it's difficult, which was exactly what I was going for, so nothing that's been said has really indicated a problem to what I was looking to achieve.

People asked for change, but long before that I had already confirmed that this won't be a jump, so honestly why am I going to address that at all? I just wanted to make sure that there was an inherent difficulty bar that had been met, and people confirmed that it was.
>>
>>45372798
Nope. Learning wandless magic is very possible. It's just a lot harder.
>>
>>45372795
Is there a WoG on this? Pretty sure it's fanon.
>>
>>45372813
It's fanon to imply that there's an unstated and unsupported magic field when we raw, outright, have spells being cast from people's willpower, happy memories, desire to kill, murder, torture, destroy, and hate.
>>
>>45372812
In the books we have (maybe) Dumbledore and (maybe) Voldemort - the two greatest wizards of the time, who are literally leagues above anyone else in the series - (maybe) doing simple spell wandlessly.
>>
>>45372850
Snape did it too. It's something they teach in upper years that 90% of wizards don't go to. There's also very little motivation to do it because of the difficulty, still technically possible.
>>
>>45372833
We also have different spells being cast without those things. The implication is thus that certain spells require more than just magic to cast.
>>
>>45372850
This, controlled wandless magic is purely fanon
>>
>>45372858
Uh, no. Sounds like leaping to conclusions.

>>45372859
Even the post you replied to provided examples.
>>
File: wandlessmagic.gif (974 KB, 432x260) Image search: [Google]
wandlessmagic.gif
974 KB, 432x260
>>45372859
I can't say for the books, but in the movies there is at least one scene where a wizard is performing controlled wandless magic.
>>
>It's super important to me that I defend the idea that anon has to make wands guys! I will literally die if anon doesn't do it!
>>
>>45372864
How is "any wizard can cast accio or wingardia levitosa, but casting avada kedavra requires sufficient killing intent and casting patronus requires sufficient happy memories", leaping to conclusions?
>>
>>45372891
The idea that you need some outside force, unstated, unmentioned, unsupported, to cast magic.
>>
Guys, guys.

What if wands are the equivalent to magical foci - using and training with them prevents accidents and fuck-ups, but one can train themselves off of it. I mean shit, kid-wizards can magic without wands - glass-disappearing, among other things.
>>
>>45372864
I meant as a primary method, completely avoiding using wands. And "(maybe)" isn't exactly an example.

>>45372877
movies always take a lot of liberties, going purely by the movies though wandless magic is definitely a thing

The only example of a wizard casting a spell without a wand in hand that I can think of is Harry getting his wand to light up with a lumos spell after having dropped it
>>
>>45372910
That seems likely.
>>
>>45372913
They don't use it as a primary method because it's ball's hard. That's the only point here. That it's possible. Not easy, just possible. You're arguing over nothing.
>>
>JKR: You can do unfocused and uncontrolled magic without a wand (for instance when Harry blows up Aunt Marge), but to do really good spells, yes, you need a wand..

http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/2001/0301-bbc-rednose.htm
>>
>>45372877
>there is at least one scene where a wizard is performing controlled wandless magic.
Or where a wizard has an existing stirring spell on a spoon that works only when directed to (useful, if you don't want a sorcerers apprentice situation ruining whatever you're stirring).
>>
>>45372765
In order, Buy some books on making wands, use a Minecraft Minefactory Auto Spawner, and there is no Word of God either way.
>>
>>45372944
>The dumb bitch who keeps mixing up her own lore instantly makes you right! Fuck you guys for using examples from the books! WAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>45372957
Show me one example of an adult explicitly using controlled wandlessly magic in the HP books and I'll admit I was wro g,you were right, you're the greatest, yadayadayada.
>>
>>45372975
My fucking phone's keyboard. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>45372900
>The idea that you need some outside force, unstated, unmentioned, unsupported, to cast magic.

That's not what I said:
>And to provide magic for those genes to interact with (unless your chain's fanwank is that genetics _is_ magic of course).

Or to put it another way, I said that you need magic to go with those genes. Genes are the _codes_ that allow your body to build things. Genes for intelligence. Genes for muscles. Genes for sight. And in HP, genes for magic.

My question is, basically, if you were a ROB and you grabbed Dumbledore and dropped him in a universe with no magic, would he still be able to do magic or would his genes have nothing to work with?

Does that explain my query better?
>>
>>45372975
Prisoner of Azkhaban, Chapter 3.

I also learned that the "Uagadou School of Magic" in Africa, which Rowling wrote about for Pottermore, teaches students to cast magic through hand gestures instead of a wand.
>>
>>45373006
Judging by everything we see in HP? Yes. You calling it a 'fanwank' is an insult to the logical conclusion.
>>
>>45373006
At that point it's all fanwank, but I would say yes. I imagine that magic is a byproduct of some aspect of the biology of various magical life

>>45373009
the quote?
>>
>>45373009
>Prisoner of Azkhaban, Chapter 3.
I don't have the books on hand. Is this something about Sirius' animagi form? Because that doesn't count.

>"Uagadou School of Magic" in Africa, which Rowling wrote about for Pottermore
If I can't use out-of-book sources then neither can you.
>>
>>45373036
https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/uagadou

I'm not digging through a book for you.

>>45373049
>If I can't use
You can use them, but if you claim what she says is canon, then both of these are canon. Yet they contradict. It dispels your authority, which is all that matters to me.
>>
>>45372944
Funnily enough right after inflating Marge he wandlessly opens the lock on the cupboard under the stairs. Directed accidental magic? Seems like it.

It probably isn't impossible, but there isn't really anything to support it being possible in a normal wizards lifetime.
>>
>>45373055
Alright, then .
Goblet of Fire, Chapter 7
Dumbledore explicitly says that wandless magic is impossible.

Either give a quote or fuck off
>>
>>45373070
No quote but Riddle could apparently do specific tasks with his magic in the orphanage.
>>
>>45373070
>Has his 'checkmate' quote complete invalidated by a counter example.
>Took lazy to look up a book chapter.
>Starts making up bullshit and getting THIS mad that he was wrong.

>>45373088
Ignore him.
>>
>>45373088
Lily had limited control over her magic as a kid, too. But that doesn't count.
>>
>>45373095
Jesus fucking Christ, bro. Calm your tits.

There are at least two of us instead of just me, anyway.
>>
>>45373057
He's still a child then, children do accidental magic.
>>45373088
I always assumed that was just him using parseltongue to get snakes to fuck with the other kids
>>45373095
I posted something that was pretty clearly bullshit, I've yet to see anything from the books about someone intentionally using wandless magic.
>>
>>45373115
You can look it up if you want to or don't, point is? Your quote was countered.
>>
>>45373129
Okay, I have PoA chapter 3 open right now. What am I looking for?
>>
>>45373136
Read it.
>>
Do the sense upgrades you get for free from being a warbest in NGNL apply to all of your forms as a perk or only your warbeast alt-form?
>>
>>45373142
It's 2 AM you asshole, I don't want to read the whole damn thing. Give me a clue to go on.
>>
>>45373144
It's free, so I would imagine it only applies to that form
>>
>>45373144
All of them unless stated otherwise.
>>
>>45373154
And thats the point I was making here>>45373070
He apparently knows that there is a perfect quote to prove his point in chapter 3 of this book, and he knows that it's there, and he knows what it says, but it isn't his job to tell us the quote, we just need to believe him
>>
>>45373154
http://hnovels.com/harry-potter-and-the-prisoner-of-azkaban/chapter-3-the-knight-bus-67722.html
I don't know, I searched 'magic' and 'spell', but the only spell I can find cast in the whole thing is lumos, which is cast with a wand.
>>
>>45373176
Your point is idiotic, because the main point was to disprove the idea that your Rowling quote won the argument for you. I showed you an entire article about young wizards casting without wands to counter it. At worse, they cancel out. Meaning you have nothing.
>>
>>45373154
Snape's example is in Chapter 11 in the first book iirc.
>>
>>45373191
Oh God. That isn't me and I'm the one who posted the quote. I never claimed it won the argument. I was just pointing it out.

Now are you flying about the Prisoner of Azkaban quote or not.
>>
>>45373191
You're arguing with two people dude, your article and the rowling article are both garbage
>>
>>45373213
If I had the exact page I would've given it to you already. I'm not withholding information.

>>45373214
Irrelevant.
>>
>>45373231
I don't want the exact page. I just want to know what magic was performed or who performed it.

>>45373200
The thing where he was keeping Quirrel from killing Harry? Because that doesn't mention a wand either way.
>>
>>45373249
Wasn't it the countercurse protecting Harry?
>>
>>45373258
Yeah. That's exactly it.

It just says:

>Snape was in the middle of the stands opposite them. He had his eyes fixed on Harry and was muttering nonstop under his breath.
>>
>>45373249
I'm literally basing it on a list places in the book that supposedly have wandless magic. I don't care enough to read through them to provide you the exact information. If you don't either, I don't care if you throw your hands up and say "Nobody knows.", because that doesn't matter to me. All that does, is preventing you from ruling conclusively against it. That is something I've already done.
>>
>>45373231
>>45373249
The only magic that happens in chapter three is Harry casting Lumos and then tripping and putting his wand into the air, which summons the Knight Bus
>>45373258
iirc the only thing mentioned in the book is that Hermione saw Snape chanting under his breath
>>
>>45373273
Always pretty sure that he wasn't poking his wand since he was in a crowded stand.
>>
>>45373274
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>45373213
see >>45373185
Kinda thinking so at this point.
>>
>>45373287
He could have been holding it out of sight, or he could have been using no wand at all. No evidence either way.
>>
>>45373306
I think when you ARE using a wand you generally have to point it where you're casting, do you not?
>>
The only way this argument could be more absurd is if you replace each mentioning of 'wand' with 'dick.'
>>
>>45373289
I'm a fun drunk. Not very fun otherwise, no.
>>
>>45373315
it doesn't mention his wand though, or where his hands are, maybe he has a hand in his robe pointing his wand stealthily
>>45373326
The latter seems true, though I find it hard to believe the former
>>
>>45373315
>hold wand beneath knees
>point at Harry
>don't get noticed because you're in a crowd of screaming teenagers at a sports event
>>
>>45373320
bash.org called, they want their joke back
>>
>>45373315
If only he was wearing some billowy form of clothing, a single piece that went all the way from his shoulders to his feet. Someone should invent something like that, maybe call it a "robe".
>>
>>45373341
>maybe he has a hand in his robe pointing his wand stealthily
>>45373345
>hold wand beneath knees
>point at Harry
Yeah, wands.
>>
>>45373320
As one of the people in the argument I can acknowledge that
>>
>>45373363
Does your dick stretch all the way past your knees?

May want to get that seen about.
>>
>>45373363
Masturbation is the secret to wandless magic, I was trying to hide it but you're just to damn smart for me to trick.
>>
>>45373353
Wow. They're still around?
>>
File: 1394847284366.gif (468 KB, 470x377) Image search: [Google]
1394847284366.gif
468 KB, 470x377
>>45373399
> I am already a wizard.
>>
>>45373341
Don't doubt, alcohol ruins your brain chemistry something fierce.
>>
>>45369638
Have a build.

Jump #388: Actraiser
Background: Angelic Advisor
Matters of the Earth +100
Enemy of the Earth +100
The plagues +200
Mortals must be crazy +200
Jumper needs prayer +400
= 2000cp

Promised Land (free)
Be not afraid (free)
Praising Sounds (free)

The Sky Palace (-400, 1600)
The Devil's Manor (-800, 800)
Temple of The Holy Spirit (800, 0)

I think this is the shorted build I've ever made. Sue me.

Apathetic, hypocritical, cowardly and stupid humans, animals are after my blood, Professor Anneliese Grigobretz from Helsing turned against me, and I need to keep this little village in once piece. Frustrating, but not impossible.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.