[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever made a character that was literally yourself? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 31
File: 1455231686066.jpg (277 KB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455231686066.jpg
277 KB, 1480x1080
Have you ever made a character that was literally yourself? How did it go?
>>
File: I know that feel.jpg (67 KB, 636x354) Image search: [Google]
I know that feel.jpg
67 KB, 636x354
No I haven't
>>
It was kind of depressing, since not only was I trying to play as myself, but it was in a vaguely fantasy version of where I live in the real world. So sometimes it just got a bit too real.

I also had to live with my stats being shitty, which didn't really make it fun to roleplay myself. Every action I did was supposed to be what 'I' would do - I couldn't do things just for the mechanical advantage because that would be unrealistic or make me look like a dick when I hid instead of helping, and me being me meant that I couldn't just do things for the most perfectly moral reasons - not only am I not exactly a selfless paladin, but it would put me at amazing risks to try and save everyone getting attacked by an ent.
>>
Played in a horrible WhiteWolf game years ago where all the PCs were just the players. Concept was cool. It took us maybe 3 sessions to realize that the ST didn't know the system, and playing yourself in a game set in WoD doesn't really work when you are supposed to have woken up one day to a different reality and one of the players has dissociative identity disorder.
>cue derailing
>>
>>45365618
I once had my players make themselves as GURPS characters. I dropped them into a Battle Royale situation where they had to kill someone else on this deserted island but they only got circumstantial clues every day like occupation, hair color, weight, etc.

They did pretty good until they started suspecting that they were supposed to kill each other and then infighting began.
>>
>>45365618
No, but I made myself in GURPS
>>
>>45365618
I haven't and wouldn't. There's things about myself I don't want to share with my gaming group.
>>
Last time I did one of those "D&D attributes and class" my biggest stat was a 10

No thanks, man
>>
File: Smashing.jpg (22 KB, 300x155) Image search: [Google]
Smashing.jpg
22 KB, 300x155
>>45365618
http://www.easydamus.com/character.html

Neutral Good Human Sorcerer. Level 3
Str:12
Dex:12
Con: 13
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 14

I'd play me.

(I'd play me hard)
>>
This is the gimmick of the new "End of the World" games and it doesn't work - surprise surprise, turns out most RPG players actually want to play someone they're not.
>>
It can be a fun break if you really try to play someone else most of the time, but best for lighthearted or short games, and you have to accept that even that isn't you (unless its shit stats). Only LBGTEZHOUMORELETTERS do it seriously for their WoD or Vampire games.
Still its nice to do what you want rather than what a paladin or aged wizard would want to do.
>>
Yes, we played a zombie outbreak game as ourselves based in our campus. I ended up being a bad guy.
>>
>>45369278
Eh, the problem with end of the world games, especially a zombie apocalypse, is that the stories are so prevenlent in popular culture that they get stuck in a single mindset.

If I was in a zombie apocalypse, I would raid a museum, deck myself in plate and a flanged mace, grab a bible, and become a paladin.
Say that to anyone you meet, and they'll just repeat, "just raid a gun shop and group up. Crazies die first."

And with the aforementioned paladin, if you are just going to play that out on tabletop, why not just play a fantasy game instead?

The plotlines are always a plague/natural disaster/nuclear fallout/mysterious disease wipes out all tha you know.
>>
>>45369435
>plate
But wouldn't that be cumbersome? Like the advanced stuff was custom-fited for the wearer no?
>>
>>45365716
>that image
I agree with that, otherwise characters all feel the same

But playing a fantasy (and more badass) version of your self is a good breather for lighthearted games with people who are on the same page
>>
>>45369481
Yes and no, The overall weight isn't as bad as you think, as it's all equally distributed among the joints.
I am also a manlet and could fit into a lot of suits, knights were not all 6'5'' bruisers.

The real issue would be the heat, as encasing yourself what is essentially a soup can and traveling by foot would be a nightmare.
>>
>>45365618
I'm planning a campaign in GURPS where everyone starts as an exaggerated version themselves in a (surprise!) post-apocalyptic version of our city. I plan to make the game high-sci-fi/fantasy so that everyone can gradually develop themselves into whatever crazy shit they want through in game achievements. I'm hoping I can find a way to make it work while avoiding some of the pitfalls other people are mentioning.
>>
>>45369635
It'd be pretty useful against classic zombies though - it's harder for them to bludgeon you with their soft rotting arms, and they can't bite through steel. It'd really be better than riot armor.
>>
>>45365618
Two times. Both times ended poorly.

>Ourselves transported to D&D 4e-verse
>Be Seeker class(surprise, the class sucks)
>Eventually die
>Revive as a tiefling
>Made a deal with Asmodeus to give me power and assistance so I can find how to get back to our world
>In return, I'd give him the info so he could invade our world.
>I get thrown out of a window by the BBEG and die. Rest of the party basically enslaved by a dragon(Dragon wasn't the BBEG)

>Zombie outbreak in our city game with All Flesh Must be Eaten
>Surprise, most of us would be pretty shit in a zombie scenario
>Only competent guy is the one guy who knows first aid, has military training, and has a lot of outdoors experience(all are 100% true)
>Rest of us basically run and hide anytime a conflict comes up
>Me and another guy spend game making puns about whatever's currently relevant.
>Game dies after first session.

I play games to be something I'm not generally. I'm a pretty lame person.
>>
>>45365618
Ran a character that was myself transported into a D&D world along with the other players. The catch was that the world was transforming us into things, ran ingame as slowly gaining a template of our choosing.

I decided to run a barbarian that specced into frenzied berserker (it's closer to reality than I like to admit, especially when I was younger) who was gaining the half dragon template. As "I" became more draconic, my views on normal things and what the party was doing started to change, starting small with eating the hearts of my enemies and ending with adopting an ultra harsh "might makes right" philosophy (where I started, as I am in real life, as a maximum bleeding heart liberal) and murdering dudes en masse.

It's too bad that game ended, because while everybody else was working on escaping back to the real world, I had decided I liked staying the the fantasy world, and had a plan with the GM to betray the group and become the final boss at the end of the campaign.
>>
>>45370997
I'm not going to lie - if I could actually become a powerful character in whatever gameworld I ended up in, I wouldn't want to leave either. Tell my family I love them and that I'm in a better place now.
>>
>>45365618
No, I would be a shitty character. We did do a game where we were all playing victims in a slasher scenario and we statted each other, then played ourselves, but I have never built myself as a character for the purpose of playing a TTRPG.
>>
>>45370820
Oh definitely!
Plate is a lot easier to move around in, it would have to be in order to mount and dismount horses with relative ease.
>>
>>45365720
You learned a valuable lesson: human beings are poorly optimized.
>>
My group did an nWoD mixed game where we statted ourselves as mortals then applied a template.

Our group of friends go there separate ways after an apocalyptic event destroys the town we're from. 5 years later we are all brought together under mysterious circumstances to inherit a mansion. Each of us has gone through an ordeal that transformed us into our particular splat.

Everyone had really well done backgrounds and thoughtful motivations.

It worked amazingly for a while. However, once the ST role rotated to our resident tryhard butt-monkey things went south. Rather than intrigue and interpersonal conflict, he designed a battle between heaven and hell where we met Metatron 40 minutes in.

Needless to say, the game kinda died there.
>>
>>45365618
We played a zombie apocalypse campaign set in our town. It was interesting, because since we were all playing as ourselves we didn't want to majorly fuck each other over and risk jeopardizing actual friendships, but we were also trying to stick to in game logic so we did eventually end up getting in game conflict.
It was interesting, I'm glad that we did it but I probably wouldn't do it again.
>>
>>45369244
Lawful Good Human Wizard (4th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 14
Constitution- 17
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 12

That INT does not bode as well as I would hope.
>>
>>45371240

>dat con
>u a blud Mage nigga
>>
I would like to, but there are few games with a good alchemist class, or have limited use on what I could do with the sciences. Being the size of a hibernating bear doesn't help my chances either
>>
>>45371159
Just remember-the heat you feel in full plate is actually rightous fury. Wield it with courage, and you shall triumph over the undead horde
>>
File: 1453564521996.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453564521996.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
I have been playing tabletops for about 4, almost 5 years now, and one of my friends who started with me stated to me about a month ago "I just play my self for all my characters" and it never really sank in until he stated that...and by god he plays the EXACT SAME FUCKING CHARACTER EVERY GAME. and probably the worst part he metagames the mistakes his last character makes, for example.
>dnd 3.5
>2 years into playing rp games
>dm at the time, still in playgroup, wants to make an old timey military campaign, this is my first greentext so please bare with me.
>as in we belong to the military and shit
>dope idea, im down
>whip up some kind of ranged character
>rest of the party doesn't matter
>my buddy plays a fighter....again
>only has one weapon
>Masterwork Greatsword
>me "but why only one?"
>him "why do i need more then one"
>fuckingautismunboundandunrestrained.gif
>half way through the campaign
>on ship having a jolly good time
>im on top watching for pirates
>see cliff coastline and see people up there lying down with crossbows facing us
>uh oh
>they board our ship and shit ensues
>im firing arrows left and right
>party fucking shit up
>buddy starts killing shit
>one of them disarms my buddy
>probably the dms way of saying "use more then one weapon asshole"
>buddy runs over to grab sword but ship lurched as he did it and sword fell off the edge
>buddy dives down into the ocean WEARING FULLPLATE to grab his only weapon

>next campaign starts
>buddy shows up with another fighter....
>4 greatswords
>>
Went pretty bad because my build was shit and I was rping as a coward.

I mean it sounds interesting and all but when you're playing with three other guys it gets old really fast.

I much prefer playing as a loli mage.
>>
File: 1311215824237.jpg (152 KB, 513x640) Image search: [Google]
1311215824237.jpg
152 KB, 513x640
>>45369244

True Neutral Gnome Bard/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
Strength- 9
Dexterity- 10
Constitution- 11
Intelligence- 12
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 12

I am a painfully average person. Not sure where the rogue level came from, but whatever.
>>
>>45372104

I do this all the time
>>
File: 1397082313650.png (175 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1397082313650.png
175 KB, 512x288
>>45372104
>4 greatswords
>>
>>45365618
Yeah twice because once the GM wanted to play zombie apocalipse in our city and the other time he wanted to play the "you get teleported into a fantasy world" trope. Both times we all died.
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-12+at+01.34.11).png (17 KB, 724x390) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-12+at+01.34.11).png
17 KB, 724x390
>>45369244
Ranger was pretty much the last result I expected for this.
>>
>>45369244
True Neutral Human Wizard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 14

I'd play me. I love myself. Every night.
>>
>>45369244

True Neutral Human Ranger. Level 1
Str:11
Dex:16
Con:14
Int:13
Wis:15
Cha:13

gotta go fast
>>
File: apparently, I am a gnome.png (16 KB, 788x304) Image search: [Google]
apparently, I am a gnome.png
16 KB, 788x304
>>45369244
>>
File: dnd.png (18 KB, 710x338) Image search: [Google]
dnd.png
18 KB, 710x338
>>45369244
About what I expected, though I would have presumed a bit more charisma, less wisdom.
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 639x930) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 639x930
>>45369244
Pretty much what i expected.
>>
>>45365618
Where did you get this picture of me?
>>
File: image.jpg (458 KB, 867x858) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
458 KB, 867x858
we always put character personality into homebrew perks

my character could tell a joke 3 times a day with extremely high modificator , but when reaching lvl 1 tiredness (mildly tired) i would lose most of my charisma and social skills.
talking had a similar effect like combat fatigue

also , i could withstand any seduction checks , but could not try to seduce by myself

average strength and endurance , lower agility , focus on intelligence and perception and not one bit of willpower
>>
When I was GMing a DBZ game, I added a bonus boss fight in the end game that was literally myself. complete with 4th wall and rulebreaking/rewriting (I was also the co-writer of the rulebook that was being playtested) powers. It was meant to be a joke about the "GM is God" mentality, including the part where the "Godhood" is ruined in an instant because somebody rolled a crit.
>>
I played myself in a one shot my DM decided to run spur of the moment. It was a scenario where I wake up to find that everyone in the world has disappeared. I ended up figuring out what was going on (eldritch summoning gone wrong) and saved everyone with the help of nameless dog and a gun toting Korean girl.
>>
>>45369244
True Neutral human Paladin/Wizard
str 10
dex 12
con 11
int 15
wis 15
cha 12

what the fuck?
>>
>>45369244
True Neutral Human Wizard/Cleric (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 10
Charisma- 10

I'm alright with this, I guess.
>>
File: slenderman apologists.png (18 KB, 599x289) Image search: [Google]
slenderman apologists.png
18 KB, 599x289
I had a DM who explicitly requested that all of his players play as themselves for his campaign. It was as awkward as you'd expect, and a couple of us just ended up dropping out for unrelated reasons. The campaign grinded to a halt and everybody eventually stopped participating at all.
>>
File: original.png (39 KB, 113x134) Image search: [Google]
original.png
39 KB, 113x134
>>45365720
>playing yourself
>not powergaming even though you powergame in roleplay
>not powergaming yourself in real life.
>>
>>45376734
fucking hell people really are dumb , believing in something he found out from a video game

it'dd be like /tg/ starting an imperial or chaos cult
>>
>Shitty build

Neutral Evil Human Bard/Sorcerer (1st/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 10
Dexterity- 12
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 8
Charisma- 10
>>
I'm happy with this
Chaotic Good Human Sorcerer (1st Level)
Ability Scores:
Strength- 15
Dexterity- 12
Constitution- 14
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 15
>>
>>45376797
Instead we have SoB hentai
>>
>>45369244
CN Human Ranger (Lvl 2)

Str: 13
Dex: 12
Con: 11
Int: 17
Wis: 14
Cha: 12

Hahaha what the fuck
>>
>>45367408
>anal circumference
>>
>>4536924
Neutral Good Human Paladin (3rd Level)
Ability Scores:
Strength- 14
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 12

Almost exactly what I expected.
>>
Much better than I expected
Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (1st/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 17
Dexterity- 16
Constitution- 17
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 15
Charisma- 16
>>
>>45365618
Yes, in Exalted.

It went horribly, mostly because the GM had no idea what he was doing and made sure it was impossible for us to achieve anything. "You're all trapped in an illusion now, no save. I hope you don't mind playing Mortal: The Farming for the next two sessions." "You've spent most of the campaign trying to get to the next place to get something done and you're about halfway there. This seems like a good spot to randomly toss you into another world." "Oh, you managed to get back to Creation? Congratulations. Campaign over. It was all a dream."
>>
File: 1336332853461s.jpg (164 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1336332853461s.jpg
164 KB, 720x540
>tfw you are turning into your character
>tfw you are a neutral good human bard
>>
File: 1353303775293.jpg (333 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
1353303775293.jpg
333 KB, 890x890
>>45372104
>4 greatswords
>>
File: concerned eagle.png (389 KB, 408x455) Image search: [Google]
concerned eagle.png
389 KB, 408x455
Chaotic Evil Human Rogue (2nd level)

Str - 8
Dex - 10
Con - 9
Int - 10
Wis - 8
Cha - 8

From here on out, things are gonna be hard
>>
File: cancer.jpg (3 KB, 136x77) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
3 KB, 136x77
>>45372104
>>buddy shows up with another fighter....
>>4 greatswords

Wheres the charisma?
>>
File: Futurama-Leela.jpg (14 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
Futurama-Leela.jpg
14 KB, 500x368
>>45377542
>Chaotic Evil
Doubt
>>
File: me.png (83 KB, 1900x756) Image search: [Google]
me.png
83 KB, 1900x756
>>45369244
Welp, this is interesting considering ive never played DnD before.

But shit... i cant wear armour and im a paladin? Please tell me someone has a way around this?
>>
>>45377613

My words were taken out of context, I swear I'm not that much of a bad guy

And you know I'm telling the truth because a chaotic evil character would never swear
>>
File: jes as dnd character.png (127 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
jes as dnd character.png
127 KB, 1366x768
>>45369244
This went much better than expected
>>
File: Toki-profile.jpg (163 KB, 420x470) Image search: [Google]
Toki-profile.jpg
163 KB, 420x470
>>45377637
>My words were taken out of context,
Explain further
>>
>>45365618
why would I want to play a fat autistic NEET
>>
File: www.png (214 KB, 859x635) Image search: [Google]
www.png
214 KB, 859x635
This is a ultra detailed made by a guy that works for nasa and with ballistic stuff.
Remember phoenix command ultra detailed and realistic rpg, the rpg phoenix command actually a dumbed down version of a rpg that is a dumbed down version of this rpg

How you find your stats here
Check your sex and look at the table
With your height in inches, find the size stat.
This is your size stat.
Now on this size column try to find your weight there (ther are two numbers on each line, the weight one is the biggest number) weight is in lb. Round down if needed.
Now you can check your str stat. by looking the str of this line.
>>
Neutral Good Human Sorcerer (2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 12
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 15
Charisma- 11

Those... are not great sorc stats, but I kinda want to use the character now.
>>
>>45369244
NG Human Monk 1st lvl
Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 16
Intelligence- 11
Wisdom- 10
Charisma- 12

I think these are heroic stats for ourselves because I'm definitely no monk.
>>
File: male.png (214 KB, 836x610) Image search: [Google]
male.png
214 KB, 836x610
>>45377827
this is the male table, use it if you are male.
also write the small number on the same line
this is BFM and will be used later
>>
>>45369244
True Neutral Human Monk (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 13
>>
File: Screenshot (5).png (127 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (5).png
127 KB, 1366x768
>>45369244
fuck's sake look at that Int.
:(
>>
>>45365618
Kind of depressingly?
>Setting is fantasy comes to modern world
>Half the party are from the fantasy world, the other half are ourselves trying to stop an evil goddess invading
>Everyone else ends up helping the fantasy heroes and developing magic
>I end up helping the evil goddess in an attempt to bring her down from the inside
>Psion powers and am forced to face down the others as her champion
>bullshit and misdirection
>end up brutally murdered by said goddess
>resurrected as a silver dragon by a friendly god while the others are promoted to minor deities of the Earth plane
>Forced into a loveless marriage
>Have a bunch of kids that either die trying to be heroes and failing miserably or end up BBEGs
>resurrected thousands of years later to fight the goddess revived
>There was a a misunderstanding
>they thought they were getting a great warrior of the goddess age
>instead get me, a miserable dragon with little to no combat experience but can bullshit really well (out of the previous party, I was literally the critfail of the resurrection roll. Sure enough, they rolled a 1).
>Bullshit well enough to get control of a military
>commit genocide and blow up a planet
>die alone and miserable
>>
File: square to doubt.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
square to doubt.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>45369244
>>45371240
>>45372846
>>45372890
>>45372917
>>45373481
>>45374039
>>45376399
>>45376772
>>45376994
>>45377119
>>45377413
>>45377620
>>45378338
I'm always surprised by the number of peak level, Steve Rogers+ humans who lurk 4chins.
>>
>>45378007
forget it wont explain everything, since it without knowing the game rules, reverse engeneering someone into a rpg char can be considered complex
>>
>>45378635
If i can decode what it is your saying... im not THAT fat... i even was honest about it and still came up with Dex 13.
>>
>>45365618
I do make the same sort of wisecracking, morally dubious rogue character as a default.
>>
>>45369244
True Neutral Monk/Ranger 2nd/1st lvl

STR 13
DEX 14
CON 14
INT 16
WIS 17
CHA 14
>>
File: easydamus test 1.png (111 KB, 1260x883) Image search: [Google]
easydamus test 1.png
111 KB, 1260x883
>>45378635

Hell, I surprised myself.

Also, it says in the FAQ:
"Adventurers tend to have higher scores than the rest of the population. This test takes that into account. The test doesn't give you your 3d6 self, but your 4d6 self. So most scores would be one to two points lower in "real" life. ...
Subtract two from each ability score and these would be your 3d6 method stats (ranging from 6 to 18). But since everyone is assumed to be a hero, an average of 12 is appropriate."

So we should all knock 2 points off every ability score for our IRL numbers if the campaign's not giving us some kind of boon for being summoned into it.
>>
>>45369244
>http://www.easydamus.com/character.html

Lawful Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 10
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 15
Charisma- 13
>>
>>45372572
>>45372629
>>45377533
>>45377550
i unfortuneately i other stories of my play group from the same dude, and from others. I love them as people, but as roleplayers and tabletop gamers they are not as great as i would like...would you like me to tell the story about the man whos character is always a magical realm?
>>
>>45372104
>4 greatswords
>>
File: Capture.png (108 KB, 1797x746) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
108 KB, 1797x746
>>45369244
seems about right.
>>
File: Blue Falcon.jpg (294 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Blue Falcon.jpg
294 KB, 2000x1500
>>45377542
>eagle

Nigga that's a falcon
>>
>>45369244
Neutral Good Human Paladin (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 16
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 15
Charisma- 15

I don't play D&D, so I'm not entirely sure what this means. I know what a Paladin is, but I'm confused about the stats and the level.
>>
fuck it, heres the story of the man who always plays his magical realm. this is gonna be the story of his favorite character, Whora.
>early years of dnd, new dm wants to dm
>sweet im down for anything, roll up a dwarf fighter,beast stats
>other dude rolls up a wizard
>rest of the party didn't matter
>4greatswords were there but this was before 4greatswords
>so still only 1 weapon
>moving on,MRM decides to roll up a chaotic neutral cleric/rogue half-halfling/half-elf who uses sex to get what she wants
>hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
im just going to refer to this man as MR(magical realm man) from now on.
>ok neat idea, i dont know how that will work out though
>shtf and wizard is accused of killing someone he didnt
>MRM seduces guards to let him in to see friend
>MRM proceeds to purposefully kill wizard for no reason in character, chalking it up to "i wanted to prestige into an assassin!"
>niggerwat.jpeg
>ok so 1st party kill happens, we move past it
>rogue/cleric/assassin half-elf/half-halfling figures out the next plot
>PSYONICS NIGGA
>wizard, (from now on referenced as loli, because nigger always plays a stupid fucking loli) decides to roll up a psyonics character
>figure out where psyonics are killing people, go to investigate
Cont? 1/3?
>>
>>45369244
Lawful Good Human Ranger/Sorcerer (1st/1st Level)
Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 14
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 9

Im far more versatile than I expected.

>>45382381
10 is the average for a Human in a stat score.
20 is the absolute upper limit of Human ability, sometimes bordering into superpowers.
Level is how advanced you are at what you do (e.g. a sergeant would be some levels above a private)
>>
>>45382423
Please continue.
As an aside, it's easier to follow if you just say it like this "moving on, Magical Realm Man (MRM) decides to roll up..."
>>
>>45377620
Ascetic knight feat, Argent Fist PrC, friend. You can make it work!

NG Bard 2/Wizard 1

STR 15
DEX 12
CON 15
INT 12
WIS 10
CHA 16
>>
>>45369244
Chaotic Neutral Human Sorcerer (1st Level)

Strength- 13
Dexterity- 10
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 13

makes sense
>>
True Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 11
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 15

I'm horrible at being a wizard, but I can probably convince people I'm pretty good at it.
>>
>>45382817
will do
>we get to caves where psyonics are
>find dead body
>"hmmmm what could have killed this man"
>loli waiting for us
>"oh i know it was something like this that killed that man"
>produces spectral blade or some other bullshit
>we knock his ass out for being the killer
>jail him
>my character figures out he didnt do anything
>hes gonna get executed
>plan on freeing him from jail or atleast stopping the execution
>EzioMovingThroughCrowd.jpeg
>rogue/cleric/assassin half-elf/half-halfling MRM decides to buy a stupidly powerful crossbow
>metagames and figures out im gonna save this dude
>fuckingwat
>waits on roof to put a crossbow bolt into loli
>I CANT SEE SHIT CAPTAIN
>move through the crowd slamming guards with halberd
>get up to executioners platform cut loli down
>just as he starts to run 3 crossbow bolts hit him in the back
>loli's 2nd character died by MRM
>rage ensues
>continue the session loli whips up a sorc
>this time he ACTUALLY knows what and what not to do with psychoslut running around
>"yea lets go to the cave that psyonics man was an informant" or some bullshit
>get to cave, but we are missing someone
>MRM is missing...
Part 2/3
>>
>>45369244
Sir slightly above average
True Neutral Human Fighter (2nd Level)
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 12
>>
>>45382423
>>45383648
>where did that crossbreeding whore go off to
>turns out she went to the morgue
>turns out this town is really fast with moving dead bodies
>also turns out MRM can easily find the body of the party member he just killed
>casts animate dead on corpse of both WIZARD AND PSYONICS BRO
>niggeryouwat
>strolls up to cave system with 2 zombies
>"ok this cunt is crazy"
>i didnt want to stoop to his level and kill a party member
>moving onward towards the cave
>get inside
>shit happens, kill the psyonic people who were actually a cult
>oh boy a cult!!
>MRM "oh boy an altar!!" knowledge - religion its an evil deity
>ends up locking our characters out of the altar room
>we are wailing on wall to try to get in
>only one other character in the room besides her
>loli sorc
>the hateboner for him was enormous for this campaign
>kills sorc on altar and bring 3rd apocalypse
>i should have killed her when i had the chance.....
theres more shit if you wanna hear about it, i can tell how one dude (loli) always plays the same 3 archetypes and lies about the most menial shit, or i can tell how one of te dumbest people i know cant play anything else besides "LOL SO RANDUMB". or another story about 4greatswords, ive got a shitload of stories about all of them.
>>
Twice.

Once in shadowrun, once in eclipse phase. The Shadowrun one was kind of.. weird. Just had him as a doddering old man with dementia who SURGEd and goblinized in a nursing home, and was suddenly the equivalent of a 20 something again. And, you know, a giant fucking lizard-troll-thing. I asked myself "What would I do in X situation", minus the whole "piss my pants" response, and gave the character a bit of a life path based on my own projected one as experiences to draw from. He kind of ended up as a homicidal maniac who kept breaking into peoples houses. Imagine coming home one night from a hard day of fucking over shadowrunners/random folks, and finding a giant lizard troll standing in your shower, naked. Yeah.

The eclipse phase one was in an escape from earth campaign. He got infected with what we thought was a benign strain of the exsurgent virus, and the GM was being nice with the psi-reward. It wasn't the good kind of virus. He went out screaming ALLAH ACKBAR while cuddling a warbot.
>>
>>45365618
Three times.

>#1 - suddenly, zombie apocalypse!
Ultimately I was the only survivor, but partly as a result of being lucky and mostly as a result of being too cowardly and incompetent pull any heroics that would put me in harm's way. Although at least I didn't try and push any radioactive meteor chunks into my wounds like some people...
I killed one of my best friends by botching a simple medicine check to put him in the recovery position, and walked away from the only other survivor as he begged me to kill him while simultaneously being burned and eaten alive.
...I only had two shells left...I'm really sorry, man...

>#2 - We all develop superpowers and subsequently get hunted down by the government!
Again, I was completely ineffectual because my randomly generated power was being able to shapeshift into a swarm-form...and I have a full-scale nightmare level phobia of bugs. Only twice did I ever use this "power", and the first was a mistake resulting from sneezing too hard. Both times were followed by extensive panic attacks.

>#3 - Our most dickish and villainous RPG characters have escaped into the real world Last Action Hero style!
I rather quickly broke out of my much more realistic useless-and-cowardly state because my wife got kidnapped by my own moustache-twirlingly evil character, and if there's ever a situation to at least pretend you would man up THAT IS IT.
>>
>>45365618
plz no /co/ntinous shitposter

We don't need you infecting another board.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.