[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you are banned from your FLGS EDH night for playing combo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 23
File: 271_moins_t_en_as_JREwing.jpg (19 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
271_moins_t_en_as_JREwing.jpg
19 KB, 270x400
>tfw EDH night has a prize but people still want it to be a hugbox
>>
>makes the game not fun
>surprised when he gets banned
i hop u lernd ur lessun
>>
>FLGS plays bounty hunter for EDH
>Tune your deck so you can take out the most people even if you don't win
>People bitch about it so FLGS moves to hugbox mode
>Now it's always a blue deck that ends up winning.
and
>Tell person I just don't like doing proxies in deck
>He complains that he doesn't have enough money to afford his decks
>Runs proxies of fetch lands in every deck
retards and their expensive fake manabases in edh
>>
>>45346527
>competitive event
>hugbox fun
>>
>>45347160
>one person keeps winning with the same unfun deck that sometimes goes off before anyone does anything
>me and my buds tell the owner that we're not going to participate in the event if we're basically forced to play similarly unfun combo bullshit for a chance at the prize
>owner faced between losing one person or everyone else

guess what the result is
>>
>>45348082
Basically this. Competitive people are only acceptable when everyone else is just as competitive as they are. Otherwise you have one person bullying the rest of the group into playing f decks they have no fun playing just so they don't get T4 combo'd to losing every single game.
>>
>>45346092
>OP desperately trying to pretend he's not utterly colon-crushed

I'm laughing at your pain.
>>
>>45348082
>>45348212
If there are prizes involved get better. Sports leagues don't ban the best teams and players. If there is cash involved git gud or git rekt.
>>
File: 1452260223384.gif (892 KB, 245x270) Image search: [Google]
1452260223384.gif
892 KB, 245x270
>>45348328
If there are prizes involved it doesn't matter because people don't like you and the majority rules. You're not playing a sports league, you're playing MTG with a prize as an extra little incentive to come down to the store. The prize only exists so that more people enter the shop more frequently, thus increasing their chance of a purchase.

Git less autistic you faggot.
>>
>>45348389
of course people don't like me, i win. you have to pay $20 to enter the tournament. i'm not going to tank my performance or play a shitty deck when there is money on the table for some even more autistic faggots feels.
>>
>>45348328

Kind of ironic since OP is the one who got rekt and is whining about it here in floods of tears.

>>45348452
>can't into social dynamics
>accuses others of being autistic

hahahahaha
>>
>>45348452
>Hey owner we 15 players have decided that we don't want to waste our money in a tournament if (Autistic faggot) is going to be playing with his Tier 0 bullshit.
>Owner: Nah, I'll take his $20 instead of your combined $600 because you're all loser faggots
Your logic.
>>
>>45348389
Ban blacks from marathons, blacks are too good at running and make the event less fun for everyone else. It's not like we're a competitive league that people spend 20$ to compete in and 1000$ to play in.
>>
>>45348328
How's that $800 credit card bill spent on cardboard feeling?
>>
File: 61 copy.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
61 copy.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>45348512
>>45348503

How come this only exists in magic? In any other endeavor where people compete for a prize you try your best you don't bitch and moan until you ban the guy that wins because you want to play a special snow flake deck. My deck cost $200 dollars and anyone with half a brain could stop it, it's not like im showing up with power like the others. They are just mad they couldn't buy a win.
>>
>>45348532
For $800 I could buy 160 20pc. Chicken nugget meals from McDonald's (which is too fucking unhealthy to actually eat). This means your cardboard deck could supply someone else with about two months of meals.
>>
>>45348610
It's because magic is literally pay-to-win: the game. If one guy wins because he spent $900 on a deck against someone with a $60 deck then the person's victory will be blamed on his excessive spenditure on rare and overpowered cards, not skill or strategy.
>>
File: MAGA 170.gif (732 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MAGA 170.gif
732 KB, 640x480
>>45348624
>>45348532
>Having money to spend on fun is bad
Angry poor fags go fuck yourself. Get a job and live within your means so you can spend money on things that matter to you.

>>45348672
>Having a competitive meta with a rarity system is a bad thing
Go cry more. It's like you'd want racing to be done with nothing but smart cars so more people could enter.
Also you could just play pauper where 60$ is enough to buy the best deck in the format an then you can play and win based on your skill.

ITT poorfags are mad some events require money to take part in.
>>
>>45348672
That's my point though. I'm winning with a cheaper deck then average. It's the people with thousands invested in their decks that were bitching.
>>
>>45348762
>ITT spergelord cannot fathom why people want to be able to enjoy their hobby without shelling out triple digits on a single stack of 60 cards.
>>
>>45348768
Irrelevant, learn to people and don't be a whiner if your deck makes people feel bad.

Post a decklist. I want to see what it actually is.
>>
>>45348815
he cant because this story is fake like all tg stories
>>
I remember one game.
>Guy places down a wall turn 2 so he can't get hurt by my one creature.
>Next turn plays a instant that lets him pick up to three creatures from his deck and put them in his graveyard.
>Puts two angels into graveyard
>Next turn plays an instant that puts a creature from the graveyard on to the field.
>Angel's effect means I can't play blue spells (U/W deck)
>Next turn he plays a copy of the same instant and makes it so I can't play white spells either.
Literally the most uninteresting game I've ever played. The game was over before it even got interesting. Mille seriously, what's the point in making absurd insta-win combo decks if the victory is a hollow gimmick?
>>
>>45348815
its counterspells, draws, tutors and cards that synergy with laboratory maniac. the main wincon is tutoring out demonic pact, laboratory maniac and a draw card.
>>
>>45348958
No no, I want a decklist.

That said, how interactive would you say your deck is? 1-10.
>>
>>45346663
What if it's proxies of cards they own but are in a different deck?
>>
>>45348958
>demonic pact
demonic consultation i mean
>>
File: MAGA 72.png (390 KB, 494x596) Image search: [Google]
MAGA 72.png
390 KB, 494x596
>>45348808
Play pauper then or find something cheaper. I'm sure there are plenty of other games you could play rather then playing with people that have money. Or play casually with friends. Or play any of the draft or sealed formats. Or play online where cards are cheaper.

>>45348624
You can feed a child in africa for less than a dollar each day, every dollar you spend on anything other than keeping them alive and helping them is killing africans. Your 60$ steam game is literally killing 60 african children, right guise?

>>45348815
Unlike DnD which is a game about cooperation MTG is inherently competitive. Banning people for winning is insane.

>>45348923
Winning? If you want to play a game that is about long drawn out games don't play competitively for a prize?
>>
>>45348991
i'm not posting my tech because i want to take it to a gp. i'd say 5. it's easy to stop if you know what is coming, which they do.
>>
>>45349007
Let me ask you this. Is there anything besides winning that you find fun in MTG. Your answer determines if you are a troll or not.
>>
>>45349069
of course. but if im paying to compete for a prize winning is all that matters.
>>
>>45348082
>Thinking combo is unfun
Faggot detected
>>
>>45348672
> guy in group runs a deck with all the mirrodin swords, stoneforge mystic, all that good stuff that he spent a pretty penny on
>still wreck him from time to time with my $25 goblin deck

Its not rocket science to beat expensive decks, just don't build a shit deck
>>
>>45349095
Okay. So what I was discussing with the Angel combo player was a casual game intended for enjoyment, not competing for a prize. Do you find losing to someone in that manner acceptable or even enjoyable?
>>
>>45349153
Good job looking online for the best cheap deck. Very creative there. Not like I haven't seen those deck a hundred times already and would kill to play against someone using a original deck.
>>
>>45349168
that's not what we are discussing here. we are talking about losing that way in a competitive setting.
>>
>>45349069
The face of opponents when you counter something important.
The competition and race to victory when you and your opponent are top decking after trading threats and answers.
The joys of taking time to hone decks.
The satisfaction of building a deck that you know you honed to a sharp point.
The desperation from opponents when you establish a board lock and slowly run them out of answers.
The hope you have when you're waiting to draw, desperately hoping it's the one you need.
The war over card advantage in a control/control matchup.
And most of all the heart filling joy that comes from winning an event knowing you did the best out of the others their, acknowledging that while luck had its part your skill was the difference between failure and success.
>>
>>45349205
>very creative deck

What? I don't copy decks online because I rather make my own style of the deck and it happens to work. All I said was you can beat expensive decks with cheap and janky stuff you just can't be a shit player.
>>
>>45348610
>How come this only exists in magic?

It doesn't. Loads of wargame tournaments have composition rules/scores and sporstmanship scores. I've even seen it in fucking mahjong.

You're just retarded, insular and ignorant so you don't know shit about anything. Another mouthbreathing /v/-tier mtg poster slobbering all over the boards, shitposting because he literally can't help himself. Fuck off.
>>
>>45346663
If the event allows proxy's deal with it

The price of fetches is fucking insane even as somebody who can easily afford any dam card I want I can recognise that.
>>
File: 7.png (151 KB, 304x408) Image search: [Google]
7.png
151 KB, 304x408
>>45349221
>>
>>45349221
>The face of opponents when you counter something important.
Agreed.
>The joys of taking time to google the best decks.
FTFY
>The satisfaction of Googling a deck that you know you barely adjusted to a sharp point.
FTFY
>The desperation from opponents when you et your combo out and screw them over in the most shit eating way possible.
FTFY
>The hope you have when you're waiting to draw, desperately hoping it's the one you payed $155 for on eBay.
FTFY
>The war over card prices in a competitive/competitive matchup.
FTFY
>And most of all the heart filling joy that comes from winning an event knowing you bought the best deck out of the others there, acknowledging that while money had its part your skill had no effect on the difference between failure and success.
FTFY
Basically you're a faggot.
>>
>>45349303
I have never been banned from poker, warhammer, horseshoes, darts or beer pong tournaments for winning. You are the one who needs to fuck off.
>>
>>45348672
>Hurr pay2win
This is the sign of terminal scrub-itis. If you can't accept that someone is simply a better player than you are and blame your constant losses on everything but yourself I guess that's your choice but that doesn't make you any less cancerous
>>
>>45349168
It may not be fun but it's a perfectly valid way to win the game. I've come to expect people to play powerful lockout cards so I come prepared with sufficient answers to deal with them.
>>
>>45349377
>Hey guys looks at these cards I payed $110 for on eBay. Wanna play with your booster pack decks?
>Why are you guys packing up? I only beat you three times in a row before turn six.
>>
>>45348808
>Triple digits on a hobby
That's pretty common, almost every hobby requires you do it from golfing to video games. If you're too poor to afford it I guess that you're too poor to have a hobby, just wait for your mcpromotion and you might be able to afford something at least
>>
>>45349409
If it's not fun it's not valid. It's like going through football just shooting the other team with stun bullets and throwing the ball at a robot to do all the touchdowns for you. You may win but did you actually play the game?
>>
>>45348991
Counterspells are interactive you twit
>>
File: MAGA 24.jpg (249 KB, 500x602) Image search: [Google]
MAGA 24.jpg
249 KB, 500x602
>>45349205
>There are no cheap decks
>Good job playing a cheap deck made online
>??? (insert next critique here)
All these moblie goal posts. Can you guys just admit you're BTFO?

>>45349303
>Sportsmanship rules
You mean being a normal human being? Yeah that makes sense that you need a codified set of rules for autists to learn how to act.
>composition rules/scores
You mean like the established set of rules magic has? Boy we need a ban list or something in magic right?
>>
>>45349459
>Posts a response that moves his own goal poasts to stating someone was moving goalposts
>Also posts a smug Loli
Wow we found the autist.
>>
>>45348328

Yes but you also don't see professional players turn up a rookie games to kick the shit out of the people not playing as well.
>>
>>45349446
Not a fair comparison at all. Iona and other powerful lockdown pieces are perfectly within the games rules. Playing cards like that is playing the game, if the opponent watched you do all of the setup to cheat Iona into play and had no answers then it's their fault. Every combo is vulnerable to something and if you play the answers to the most common combos then you probably won't lose to them unless you got outplayed.
>>
>>45349361
>The satisfaction of Googling a deck that you know you barely adjusted to a sharp point.
>The joys of taking time to google the best decks.
WEW If playing googled decks was such an issue why are there such variation in high level magic? Sure there's a meta but that's true in any game that allows variety.
>Reading books on chess moves is literally bad and makes chess unfun. All chess is bad because people google the plays before hand

>The desperation from opponents when you et your combo out and screw them over in the most shit eating way possible.
>Combos are bad and unfair.
>Waaah Waaah mommy someone doesn't wanna durdle around for 25 rounds

>The hope you have when you're waiting to draw, desperately hoping it's the one you payed $155 for on eBay.
>The war over card prices in a competitive/competitive matchup.
>And most of all the heart filling joy that comes from winning an event knowing you bought the best deck out of the others there, acknowledging that while money had its part your skill had no effect on the difference between failure and success.

Play in a format with a lower price ceiling because in most competitive magic you are going to be spending money. Also removal is alot cheaper than cards that people claim are 'op'
>>
>>45349517
Well what are the odds that the one white or green counter spell in the entire history of magic is magically in my hand when someone plays a card that effectively removed half of my library from the game?
>>
On one hand we have the autistic spergelord claiming that anyone who doesn't spend multiple weeks ordering cards and simulating the ultimate compettetive decks before every single game is objectively playing the game wrong. On the other we have the casual idiot who thinks its a sin to order singles from online. Which is worse?
>>
>>45349511
fuck yes you do.

>Ringer, in sports idiom, an impostor, especially one whose pretense is intended to gain an advantage in a competition
>>
>>45349553
There are tons of ways to hate out graveyard usage in GW: Rest in Peace, Tormod's Crypt, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Grafdigger's Cage, Stonecloaker, Scavenging Ooze, and you can even use Jester Cap to take the combo out of their deck before they even use it.
>>
>>45346092
>Player brings his G/B combo deck to every EDH night
>Shocked and disappointed that we hate him out first
loving
every
laugh
>>
>>45349609
considering you're portraying a straw man of both, neither.
>>
>>45349622

So an idiom that exists to talk about how much of a dick move/borderline cheating that is didn't clue you into it being a Dick Move?
>>
>>45349635
"Hate him out"? Do you guys like all gang up on him when you play a free for all or something?
>>
File: MAGA 132.png (482 KB, 690x621) Image search: [Google]
MAGA 132.png
482 KB, 690x621
>>45349494
>Moved goal posts
Wew. I had issues with what you were saying. I wasn't the guy who said magic was the only game that had a non-codified set of ban rules for a legal set of cards despite him being right. If people got banned from the store because they fielded something that was legal then you could compare to the situation in MTG, but posting competition rules and claiming that you have the same socially imposed rules that MTG has is inane and completely wrong.

Also nice ad hominem anon, let's call someone an autist to attempt to discredit their points.
>>
>>45349708
It's not a dick move/borderline cheating. Don't play
if you can handle losing.
>>45349635
He said it's U/B.
>>
>>45346092
Well here's the main problem with magic. You have people playing decks that are on a whole different level than the majority of the other players and then complain when people get salty. Magic is only fun to play for all parties if the decks being played are of similar power level.
>>
>>45348762
You're so god damn autistic. Let me explain something to you, Magic is supposed to be fun for everybody involved, not just you. So if everybody at the event is faced with spend 900+ dollars, lose every game by T4, or stop playing with some sweaty autist, which so you think theyll choose?
>>
>>45349771

No. A Ringer can sometimes not only be borderline cheating but actual cheating in many sports events. As it involves deception.
>>
>>45349775
It really is this simple
>>
>>45349005
I'm honestly fine with proxies in test decks because I understand why you do it, and I can dig that reasoning. But his reason that it was too expensive for him to buy the cards themselves and that doesn't carry water for me when you can just use a less expensive mana base or substitute some other removal for your swords to plowshares and other proxy removal spells.
>>
>>45349795
I already said my deck cost $200 and it was the queers with +$1,000 decks that wanted me out.
>>
>>45349765
There's a difference between owners kicking out problems customers that push multiple potential customers away from tournaments and tournament legal. One is for business and the other is strictly for all involved.
>>
>>45349205
>Krenko was my third edh deck
>Never looked online
>just had a casual goblin deck and thought "Huh, lets make this into a commander deck"
>>
lol butthurt autists

I don't play this shit game, but if you enter a tournament with a cash prize don't be surprised if it's full of tourneyfags. That's just common sense.

If you want to have fun, play with friends. If you don't have friends, get friends.
>>
File: 1453153824630.jpg (201 KB, 764x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453153824630.jpg
201 KB, 764x1200
>>45348958
DANK
>>
>>45348328
sports leagues do, in fact, ban the best possible teams in the name of competition. that's what salary caps and drafts are for. The nba and nfl are also currently facing issues where they find themselves contemplating restrictions on teams being *too* bad as well, all in the name of competition
>>
File: MAGA 83.png (789 KB, 956x736) Image search: [Google]
MAGA 83.png
789 KB, 956x736
>>45349795
>sweaty autist
>You're so goddamn autistic
More ad hominem, stop weakening your arguments anon

>MTG tourney legally made to follow rules
>Banned because you won with a 200$ deck when people play 1000$ decks there
Anon you don't seem to understand what's going on here. If they want to play a cheaper game let them. If they want to make expensive decks illegal let them, but don't advertise it as a 'EDH tournament' because it's sure as hell not. If they want to ban decks that aren't fun let them, let them do it but post a list of what's legal and illegal. Banning a player because of them losing to him is bad and wrong.

>>45349844
>Kicking out people for playing legal decks is okay
What don't you get about this being wrong. This is bad.
This is like saying that if the store had the same response because someone was black it would be okay.
>>
>>45349775
Why the fuck does anyone play a game where your skill level is based on how much money you spend on trading cards?
>>
File: 1436378025319.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1436378025319.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>45349517
>100 card singleton format
>What do you mean you dont have a response to every possible way to cheat in Iona by turn 4!?
>>
>>45349765
>anime shitposter
no wonder you got kicked out, holy fuck. yes you're allowed to play uninteresting meta shit for a competition but if you're a fucking autist about it (hint: you probably were) you deserve everything you got.
>>
>>45349970
bullshit. the best teams get to move on to the playoffs, they aren't permanently blocked from the competition.
>>
>>45350023
>What don't you get about this being wrong. This is bad.
Not for the owners. Which would you pick if you owned a business such a s a FLGS.
>Let one seasoned player stay and have a major chance of winning the tournament and the prize. This player also will not likely be purchasing any additional card packs due to him never buying packs since he started buying singles online. This means the 5 new players will not join the tournament and will likely leave the shop feeling put down, reducing the chance of repeated visits.
Or
>Removing the competitive player from the tournament in a polite fashion, getting the five newer players to stay for the tournament. If any of them enjoy the games they'll likely buy card packs and participate in future tournaments at the same shop with additional friends.
I am arguing purely from a business standpoint.
>>
>>45350159
Literally what? I'm not the Anon that got kicked out to start.

>getting mad over posting jamaican hemp plants on a mongolian manolin board
Literally why? Anime is a part of 4chans culture from it's birth, there's nothing autistic about that. If you want to attack me for something attack me for all the trump hats attached to them .

>>45350212
Sure for the business that's great. I admit it's a valid business choice but it's no more right than banning black people from stores because your players refuse to play with them.
>>
>>45349775
All the truth right here.

Either everyone doesn't talk at all and by their silence agree to an unregulated arms race or sits down, talks, and agrees to a controlled power level.
>>
File: 45847584578475.jpg (922 KB, 1920x1272) Image search: [Google]
45847584578475.jpg
922 KB, 1920x1272
>tfw got banned from my FLGS because they found out I was using their phone to call sex hotlines
>>
File: 1445980468779.png (635 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1445980468779.png
635 KB, 768x576
Just make a competitive deck that doesn't rely on combo. Problem solved.

Or do you suck at actually reading the table and playing politics to survive in EDH?
>>
File: 1361851848.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1361851848.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>>45350265
my bad mate

OP is an autist regardless
>>
>>45350265
If you did the same thing with race then you'd get fucked over by federal fines, lawsuits, and racially motivated vandalism/attacks.
>>
>>45350023
You know what, youre right. You should be able to bring whatever deck you want to a tournament. You are not allowed to get butthurt when nobody wants to play with you because youre not fun to play with.

>mfw neckbeard wants to play solitaire and everybody lets him
>>
>>45350193

They are prevented from going and competing in smaller leagues. So you won't have someone playing on the international scale kicking people's ass at the local level.
>>
File: puma.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
puma.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>having fun edh night
>even game
>everyone is having a great time
>it's my turn
>i play this
I am still not allowed back at that apartment. They called me a "fucking memer" and kicked me out.
>>
>>45350394
>Muh fun
GET
GOOD
FAGGOT
>>
>>45350193
hes not saying the best teams are banned from competing, hes saying the best teams are banned from forming, did you not read his post at all? salary caps and drafts, they spread out the best players. to make a comparison, combos. pretty much the same thing
>>
File: MAGA 158.png (406 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
MAGA 158.png
406 KB, 480x480
>>45350270
Just play in a format that suits your budget? There's a reason people play sealed or draft. Or pauper for that matter. The most expensive pauper decks cost less than the standard decks that are around. Or play EDH pauper.

>>45350344
Yes. I'm saying morally it's wrong to do it, either way. If you can't understand the idea of morals and having principles then I think you need to seek help.

>>45350343
No argument there. If you get yourself banned from a store rather then getting your deck banned that says something about the person more then the deck.

>>45350394
If they have an issue with people playing make a ban list for the store that'd be fair enough, they have the right to dictate the format they play in. Also if you wanna talk solitaire look up Eggs in modern and Storm. Normally those decks are banned. Or if they want to play for fun let them, don't call it a tournament and call it a game night.
>>
>>45346663
>sorry, you didn't spend enough moment on that scrap of paper so I'll have to passive aggressively try and get you to stop
Why do people do this?
>>
>>45350485
Where did this meme of posting scared puma even start.
>>
>>45350708
Because I don't like playing against proxies when the chucklefucks can't read the card when they have the actual one in front of them half of the time?
Also my comment was that I could not run proxies in my deck.
Hell a guy at the store neglected to tell people about Glacial Chasm's upkeep, or pay it for that matter, and I don't have a connection there so I can't fact check all of the proxies they throw out.
also
>redoing the way you tapped your land in the middle of someone else's turn
>>
File: Ecstasy.jpg (61 KB, 536x609) Image search: [Google]
Ecstasy.jpg
61 KB, 536x609
>>45350498
>be me
>play in weekly EDH tournament, casual power levels
>a sour smell wafts
>lone figure walks in from the snow
>he wont make eye contact with anyone
>first pairing announced, i have to play him
>dearlordthesmell.jpg
>speaks like pegasus from yu-gi-oh the entire time
>he wins turn four, leans over the table and whispers "obliterated"
>does this for every following match
>throws his coat over his shoulder like a cape
>he says "try to show me a challenge next time"
>door hits him on the ass on the way out
>next week see him sitting at the table shuffling
>he looks over laughs under his breath so everybody can hear
>tell owner I and the regulars will just play a casual non-tournament game instead
>Pegasus plays with noone and mutters to himself
>muh fun
>>
File: MAGA 110.png (268 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
MAGA 110.png
268 KB, 550x550
>>45350962
Sounds like a good plan just remove your ad hominem so people can take you seriously anon.
>>
I don't get EDH. Its a format with a vintage level card pool, but people get mad at you for playing the best cards in the format. I get that its a social format, but if that's the case, should you really play it competitively? Unspoken social rules are the absolute worst, especially if your normal edh group has no problem with high power.

I mean, I play legacy death and taxes, so I know that I might get blown out turn 1 by some godhand combo deck. But I accept that sometimes happens, and we go to game 2.

Pure casual is also always a crapshoot. Sometimes your opponent brings necro Yagstorm, sometimes they bring spider tribal.
>>
>>45348512
*$300

But yeah.
>>
>>45350962
Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most
>>
>>45349007
Well insane in concept, works great if it's to keep a small crowd playing.
>>
>>45351035
>h-hey fellow anons, can we keep the ad hominem to a minimum? I uh- I heard in english class that theyre bad. Come on guys I want to have a serious discussion... guys?
>>
>>45351510
>i can't express thoughts or ideas without faux intimidation dopey talk
>>
File: secret tech.jpg (35 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
secret tech.jpg
35 KB, 223x310
>fnm
>think im going to win the prize
>playing grixis control, its the finals
>he plays this
I flipped the board, i fucking hate this broken card
>>
File: Image (4).png (148 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).png
148 KB, 223x311
>>45350962
Who the hell doesent like pointy objects pointy objects are fucking awesome there's no need to specify such a basic assumption.
>>
>>45350485
Scarred puma seems like a poor choice for edh. 1 card that fucks over take control effects in a 100 card deck seems pointless

Hm that could be an interesting deck something designed entirely to fuck over decks that take control of an opponents creatures but I guess it would be very rarely useful.
>>
WHAT IS BEST IN MAGIC?

>To tapout every turn and turn creatures sideway

No!

Spike, what is best in life?

>TO CRUSH YOUR OPPONENT'S COMBO
>TO SEE THEIR CREATURES WRATHED BEFORE YOU
>AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF JUDGES AS YOU GO TO TIME
>>
>>45349361
First time posting, just sitting in my car lurking, but hot damn you are a salty bitch.
>>
>>45349818
Your facts are true but your reasoning is retarded. Name one sport where deception isn't accepted. I'll wait here.
>>
>>45350212
As a flgs owner I can tell you regulars that buy singles, if which 95% do at my store rather than online, are the life blood of the revenue stream. Packs make almost no money, if any, so those causuals buying packs don't necessarily equate to a better business investment. Point being, it's not as clean cut as you make it out to be.
>>
>>45346092
This is why I avoid FNM and prereleases like the plague. I am a casual, kitchen sink player. I'd rather play at home, drinking beer with my friends. The players at my LGS spend the whole time complaining, even as they are winning. The place has rank odor that drives away my girlfriend, and our female friends that play. I used to poke my head in there for singles and commander precons, now I just get everything online. My whole FNM experience is competitive players = whiny players.
>>
>all these sore losers
>all these sore winners
>>
>>45352176
That sums up our local FNM very nicely.
>>
>>45352107
This. Especially since recently I went to see the FLGS for their EDH day and it was just people rushing games, never playing with more than three, and generally not talking with each other. It's not even a pay to enter and there's no prizes and is even advertised as casual.
>>
>>45346092
Even though I love EDH, most EDH players are whiners.

Also, everyone else but you feels that way, you're being a That Guy and it's no wonder you got banned. If there was just a few filthy casuals and most of them were try-hard spikes, then yeah go to town. But if everyone is building a cute little sand castle with a bucket, and a professional architect brings construction equipment and blueprints, that guy is kind of a dick.
>>
>>45346092
I don't actually believe it was your decklist that got you banned, if this indeed happened at all.
>>
>>45349374
The fact that you think you got kicked out was "for winning" says everything.
>>
>>45350485
I actually got a laugh from this one. Nice.
>>
>>45348610
>WarHams40K
>comp and sportmanship
>D&D
>banning skills and classes that combo into bullshit
>Softball
>no metal bats
>Cars
>Weigh, class, CC, tires ,infinity

>Magic the Fucking Gathering: Ban list and age groups and set rules

Are you literally this retarded?
>>
>>45354519
The ban list is bullshit though.
>>
OP has a point. The name of the game is win and he is winning.

Guys who don't want to play with him has a point. The name of the game is fun and they're not having any.

Store owner who did this>>45348512
Has a point. The name of the game is to make money and provide a fun environment. If there is no fun or there is no money then he can do what he wants to rectify the situation.

Personally I think OP has a moral duty to find a new place to play or try new ways to win that aint combo happy. Think of it like you're a goddamn wandering martial artist. In the movies do they find the weakest dojo and just fuck around? No, they always challenge themselves. You OP should challenge yourself.
>>
>>45346092
>tfw EDH night has a prize but people still want it to be a hugbox

I don't play Magic; can someone explain what this means?
>>
>>45355580
>Think of it like you're a goddamn wandering martial artist. In the movies do they find the weakest dojo and just fuck around? No, they always challenge themselves. You OP should challenge yourself.

Ooooh, that's a nice interpretation of the situation.
>>
File: 1425076502687.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1425076502687.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>Used to play at my LCS
>Closed down and I had to go to another one a few miles away
>Play in an EDH tournament
>Win
>Everyone gets bitchy that my deck is too broken even though there is no combo so the store bans it
>Don't give a shit because I had other decks
>next tournament win again
>People bitch again so the new deck was banned
>begin to get pissed off
>Next tournament make a new deck that only has Bears. Nothing but Bears and pump ups for those Bears
>Win anyways
>people bitch again
>I get banned from the store for poor sportsmanship
>mfw
>>
>>45349069
Destroying something they've been setting up for 4-5 turns with a stupid card that no one should ever play
>>
>>45356745
FLGS stands for Friendly Local Games Shop, it's where fa/tg/uys hang out when they aren't arguing about which kind of armour is best.
EDH (which stands for Elder Dragon Highlander) is just a specific format where you use a deck of 99 unique (as in no duplicates) cards and a specific card referred to as a commander, I won't go over the exact rules as I myself don't play much MTG

The anon was banned for using a deck based on a few cards that work together to almost guarantee victory, which some people dislike (it is a deck that requires more knowledge of the game to construct)
As such the anon was banned because the organizers felt he was using an overpowered deck and potentially scaring away players that were newer or less experienced.
Anon is extra miffed because there was a prize on offer that night, which anon felt meant that players should be "playing to win" as opposed to trying to make everyone feel good regardless of skill.

Does that help?
>>
>>45349032
Anon, you're full of shit, aren't you. If you actually played competitively, you'd know people don't hate it a random guy on the web when they could pack hate for actual decks.
>>
>>45355580

WinnerWinnerWinner.
>>
>>45356867
>Banned from LGS for playing a bear tribal EDH
I feel like I'm not getting the whole story here
>>
>>45357114
Basically everyone who played there were part of some clique who didn't like that an outsider could actually play better than them even with inferior cards, got booty blasted and complained to the owner who also was part of the clique. Fortunately I found another shop where the people are cool and aren't retarded
>>
>Prize packs
>For EDH

>EDH
>Competitive

You guys are just joking, right? There is no way EDH decks are consistent enough to actually be a competitive format? I don't play EDH but just based on the format rules alone it looks like it's just a game of disrupting your opponent until you manage to topdeck enough of those particularly powerful 1-of cards because if multiple copies were allowed casuals would be asshurt.
>>
>>45357203
It's more "build a deck of things that combo with your commander as that's the only reliable card"
It's why the tucking rule got changed. People couldn't deal with their commanders getting lost in their decks.
>>
I don't play M:TG. But if it was a game with a prize and was played to win I'd actually get pissed if someone got banned for playing too well even if I usually didn't win. One day I might win and get banned because butthurt crybabies whined about it (typically what happened back in school, if I won any sort of game everyone just screamed I cheated until a fight broke out or the teacher took the prize away from me).

It's been over a decade since I last played but aren't you SUPPOSED to find combos and execute them in-game?
>>
Look, if I want to play seriously, I play seriously, but if I'm just chilling with friends or people not very good at magic, I pull out a deck that isn't very serious.

Now, imagine people at my LGS thought that not playing serious was more fun and all unspokenly agreed to play with 'bad' decks. If I go in there with tier 0/1 decks and kick their asses, I'm not better than they are at this game, I'm just an asshole who took advantage of them.
What I'm saying is that serious play has a time and place. In OP's scenario, it wasn't the place.
>>
>>45357232
I still feel like that rule change was a bad decision. It forced people to play smart and encouraged creative builds since your commander could be removed with the right play
>>
>>45359268
It was a tournament for prizes, if that isn't the place to try to when is?
>>
>>45364639
*try to win
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.