[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Format General - Legacy/Vintage/Pauper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: eternal_dragon.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
eternal_dragon.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
Modern is currently fucked refugee edition.

Playan
Buildan
Best T1 play
Sekkrit sideboard tech
>>
>>45330289
Playing Reanimator and Junk.
I don't know what I'm building. I got some mentors because I think the card is busted but I don't want to play miracles. Maybe Esper.
Best turn 1 play is ye ole petal entomb reanimate. Otherwise probably fetchland into DRS for Junk.
>>
>>45330289
>Playing
Legacy
Grixis Twin
Miracles
Infect
ANT

Pauper
Delver Fiend
Graveyard Control

Building
Nothing atm, familia.
>>
File: memesculptor.jpg (123 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
memesculptor.jpg
123 KB, 500x500
>>45330289

>Playan

Esper Standstill, RUG Delver

>Buildan

want to try Oath but not really in the mood for buying Grizzles right now

>Best T1 play

Land, Lotus, JtMS

>mfw

(Or any T1 Energy Flux against artifact-based memedecks)

>Secret tech

Reliquary Tower in the mainboard makes Standstill stalemates way more one-sided, although I cut it when reconfiguring the manabase to move to Esper. Why? Because Illness in the Ranks is a filthy sideboard card and Demonic Tutor grabs it or any of the many brutal hate cards available in white
>>
If I build a vintage deck made completely out of those fake magic cards you can buy off aliexpress will vintage players consider me poorfag trash and refuse to play?
>>
Tundras are 120 and Trops are 110 on tcg. I don't have an immediate use for either but either but those prices seem unreasonably low.
>>
>>45330539
If someone refuses to play against me when I'm using a proxy deck I ask them if they ever play online using cockatrice. Then I ask them if they own every card they use with the program. Some people actually do...
>>
File: BFZ Wasteland.jpg (48 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
BFZ Wasteland.jpg
48 KB, 223x311
So eternal general, I just pulled pic related. Sell now or hold?
>>
>>45331105
Hold it, or trade it for something you'll use
>>
>>45331105
Hold up now, lands which used to produce colorless now produce waste mana?
>>
>>45331181
Yup. They wanted to be able to reprint mana crypt, city of traitors and ancient tomb and not effect the price of the originals by having really ugly borders and formatting
>>
>>45331181
Yep, thats a sweeping change. Anything that used to PRODUCE colorless mana now make 'waste' mana (which is still colorless, you're just giving it a special name). That includes shit like Sol Ring.

Old costs are still generic mana, obviously.
>>
File: Look at all my tron mana.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Look at all my tron mana.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>45330419
DnT for legacy

I got UW tron and Elves for pauper.
>>
>>45331274
ohhhh, and I here I was thinking BFZ and Oath were packed full of shit-tastic cards that would never see the light of day in eternal formats because of the waste restrictions.
>>
Perfecting my ANT list and sideboard plan.

Never stop goldfishing.

What's everyone's thoughts on the standstill oath deck? I'm almost done building it
>>
>>45331327
Nope, the Oath cards are even easier to use in eternal because of all the colorless mana creators. Not that they SHOULD be used, they're not quite strong enough, but they can be.
>>
>>45331327
Actually void winnower is pretty good in oath
>>
>>45331422
I am sure Stax players are scrutinizing it right now.
>>
>>45331479
The colorless only cards all kind of blow in oath because they aren't artifacts
>>
>>45331510
Well, Stax has sort of evolved beyond Artifacts in some formats. I don't think it will get much play, but who knows, something may come up.
>>
>>45331575
A couple of them might go into legacy MUD, and colorless stompy is a thing. Fucking modern players drove the price of chalice through the roof though.
>>
Shardless BUG or Esper stoneblade?
>>
>>45332551
Depends, do you want to play blue jund or blue junk
>>
Building BUG Delver for Legacy atm. How does my list look and what should my sideboard look like for unknown meta?

4 Delver
4 DRS
4 Goyf
2 Bob

4 Ponder
4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
4 Daze
4 Stifle
4 Decay
2 Spell Pierce
1 Disfigure
1 Dismember

3 Tropical Island
3 Underground Sea
4 Wasteland
8 Fetches
>>
>>45332688
Looks pretty streamlined.
For the SB, Sylvan Library to win the long game. Flusterstorm and Thoughtseize for combo. Golgari Charm for tokens/elves/D&T. Then whatever graveyard hate you fancy.
>>
>>45332688
I might want 2+ hymns main. As for your sideboard, consider your matchups. Probably a sylvan library, maybe a k grip, flusterstorms, extra discard, a loam. Try netdecking one then figuring out what you like.
>>
>>45332688
Consider it as a 75 card deck. Id like to have 2 disfigures in the 75, access to more discard and 1 mana counters as well as card advantage of some sort.
>>
File: inb4noplateau.jpg (6 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
inb4noplateau.jpg
6 MB, 5312x2988
>>45330289
>Playan
Parfait

>Buildan
Death and Taxes
Solidarity

>Best T1 play
Mox Diamond->Land Tax

>Sekkrit sideboard tech
All the nastiest stuff is mainboard so I can fetch it with Enlightened Tutor.
>>
File: sad_Splashmaster.jpg (18 KB, 304x173) Image search: [Google]
sad_Splashmaster.jpg
18 KB, 304x173
>>45330289

>tfw you have all the pieces to make legacy Dredge but don't want to become a social praia that a Dredge deck makes you.

What's a good "fair" deck that won't make people hate me and is a bit on the cheaper side?
>>
>>45335031
Nic Fit maybe. Otherwise burn.
>>
>>45335031

* pariah

I hate how I can't edit old posts.
>>
Heading to a proxy Legacy event tomorrow with Painter, tips?
>>
>>45335534
Your best matchups are Delver? What about the deck?

From how I remember it's basically combo stompy
>>
>>45335031
The reason I don't like dredge, particularly in a small meta, is how easy it is to hate out.

You could try zombardment.
>>
I'm testing this new RG madness build in pauper, pretty good so far.
>>
Building a new deck for legacy. I'm calling it Stiflenought Eyedrazi. The wincon is putting an Eye and an Eldrazi Mimic down turn one, and a phyrexian dreadnought down t2, sacrificing dreadnought to itself, swinging for 12 or 24.
I figure 16.6 percent of the time it will work every time. But you've got the regular stiflenought package to work with.
Sounds shit but I'll be playing it.
>>
Is Grixis control still a thing in Legacy?
>>
File: The-Killing-Joke.jpg (302 KB, 1200x658) Image search: [Google]
The-Killing-Joke.jpg
302 KB, 1200x658
>>45330779
>120 bucks are unreasonably low for a Land
And people wonder why Legacy is withering away.

I mean, you aren't wrong, but still.
>>
How it is Pikula/Deadguy ale/ BWg Stoneblade?
>>
>>45330289
>Playan
Jeskai Kitty
Tortured Existence Toolbox

>Buildan
nothing/EDH i guess

>Best T1 play lol
Great Furnace, go
Swamp, TE

>Sekkrit sideboard tech
Pyroblast, fuck you Delver
Fume Spitter, fuck you Delver/1 drops
>>
File: grixis control.png (1 MB, 1643x819) Image search: [Google]
grixis control.png
1 MB, 1643x819
>>45336780
yeah sure.
>>
>>45336937
Why not run Intuition instead of FoF?
You can just watch the opponent scoop if you have a Pyromancer out and Intuition for 3 Therapy.
>>
>>Playing TES
>>Super bad at it
>>Like terribad
>>Ask questions on the Source, some good answers, can't manage to win yet
>>Gotwrite articles for the official website
>>I don't even know how to play
>>Please send help I'm getting crushed ._.
>>
>>45337158
>playing Doomsday
>worming my way through countermagic
>finally make a cleat shot to go off
>looks like I forgot to put doomsday back in my sideboard after wishing for it last game

I know how you feel.
>>
>>45336209
Gimme a list fagatron, I love mongrel and basking in my stompy deck
>>
>playan
Whatever I cobble together from my dad's old cards
>>
whats some fun sideboard stuff for the Burn matchup in LoamPox?
>>
>>45337739
Zuran Orb, haha. You don't care about sacrifying land, you're LoamPox, lel.
>>
Playan
MBC, harpy bounce, goblins, bunch of others.

Buildan
Caw-blade, suicide black, Boros kitty.

Best T1 play
Dark rit into 3 2/2s.

Sekkrit sideboard
Capsules and spellbombs aren't close to secrets.
>>
>>45335031
Ive never gotten shit for playing dredge, probably because everyone runs tormods crypt and because its an older deck that cant win turn 1
ive had more fits thrown about me running oops
>>
>>45337895
I'm not running explorations though, the tempo loss can hurt
>>
>Playan
lands
>Buildan
vintage shops
>Best T1 play
turn 1 trinket mage
>Sekkrit sideboard tech
seedtime
>>
Who do you people feel about Manales Dredge? I want to get into Legacy, but paying 2000+ for a deck isn't something I can just do at the moment
>>
>>45338466
buy regular dredge and get some passable fakes for leds, people wont notice if the rest of your deck is real
>>
I helped create the Eldrazi menace (sorry) and now I want to get started in pauper. How do I do that?

>tested online, hey this deck is good
>proud of my brew, played it everyday for a month before the tour (check date on SS)
>gave list to friends
>some on tour, or testing teams
>others won IQs, very easily
>what rough beast now slouches toward x3 GP weekend to be born
>MFW I sold the deck but still feel dirty
>>
>>45338531
are you really trying to take credit for that, fuck off
>>
File: ewn.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
ewn.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>tfw I invented affinity
>>
>>45338568
A thousand different people had it. I just ended up getting a lot of my friends to play it and now that's all their interested in. It sucks for my LGS

>modern modern modern modern
>eldrazi eldrazi eldrazi eldrazi
>mutagenic or dismember
>RG or UR or Wastes
>Not interested in endless uninteractive mirrors
>I think they're just happy to be winning for once
>I would rather just play some cube
>obviously no one made the deck besides rosewater
>>
>>45338591
I'll take what is bullshit for $500, Alex.
>>
>>45336984
That's evil >:-)
>>
>>45337158
Goldfish.
Practice makes perfect.
>>
>>45338489
Personally, I'd rather not buy any fakes. I don't want to support them in any way
>>
>>45337158
just play it a ton alone, thats what all of the top tier ANT players i talk to do when they have nothing else to do or are trying something out. the deck really doesnt need to interact THAT much and its a bit similar to real gameplay. obviously youd need to play around Force or DRS and other things IRL but if youre just learning plsying solo is fine
>>
>>45341001
You can try to goldfish around things, like assume they have a t2 thalia or duress, or they're holding counters. Also record your goldfish matches and go back and look for alternate lines
>>
>>45335031
Accept the will of the fuhrer anon.
Accept the stigma.
>>
So guys, it's happening. I'm going to get into Legacy at long last. I'm ready to give up the ways of Modern for the superior, if not smaller, format.

My problem? I can't decide between Dredge or Spanish Inquisition.
>>
I'd like to see dark petition restricted, something from shops restricted. Maybe merchant scroll unrestricted, scroll for ancestral isn't really a great line anymore but it still might be too good to be able to also get dig or gush. Them again, that might bee enough to make mentor good.
>>
>go to lgs
>try to play some legacy
>playing bug delver
>turn 1 playing against an unknown opponent
>leads with ancient tomb -> chalice on 1
>hand is full of cantrips/discard
>"oh fuck its mud" I think to myself
>play land and pass
>he plays eye of ugin, drops thought knot seer and takes my only removal in hand
>proceeds to beat my face in

why can't eldrazi stay in modern where it belongs
>>
>>45342426
Because it's legal in the format and not that good? It sounds like any random stompy deck would beat you with that draw.
>>
File: 25.jpg (59 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
59 KB, 312x445
>>45330289
>Playan
Angler Delver and Midnight Gond in pauper
>Best T1 play
Island Delver Go
>Sekkrit sideboard tech
Not so secret though
>>
>>45342426
Chalice is literally the lamest card ever printed. Force is fine, Swords is fine, heck even Top is okay. But literally, fuck Chalice.
>>
>>45342469
I play the deck and I can tell you how good it is depends entirely on the metagame.

By far, its worst matchup is Lands. That shit is literally unwinnable without having 9-10 sb cards devoted to it. You have no way to answer a Marit Lage token and unless you can surgical extract Loam, you can't handle wasteland recursion.

Against any fair deck though, it crushes pretty hard. Delver.dec is a literal bye.
>>
>>45338531
Play tron and use 8/8 annihilator WOOOO
>>
>>45342632
I've played Delver against it, it's a bye if you can open on a chalice for 1 or a t sphere. If you don't, and try to just play out your creatures its a pretty easy matchup. Lack of draw fixing means that you have to play the cards you draw, so you lose to yourself more than delver does.
>>
I've had an idea for a legacy deck that I think could legit do work, even if it's just at FNM. It needs to be tweaked because it's very much in the prototype stage.

Basically, you use Phyrexian Dreadnaught and Eldrazi mimic while keeping the table clear with Fleshbag/Executioners. Liliana flips easily and brings back everything in the deck with her -x or plays the discard game, which is fine. Likewise, Matter Reshaper hits everything in the deck that isn't a spell and Unearth hits every creature in the GY. The rituals are there to get things moving asap. Blood Artist is still a maybe. I'm thinking about more cheap discard like Thought Seize or Cabal Therapy. Just dry testing, it's been pretty good. Best I had was like 3 Fleshbag triggers on T3 with a pair of 12/12 minics and a Liliana.

// Deck: Mimic jank (60)

// Lands
4 Eldrazi Temple
2 Phyrexian Tower
14 Swamp

// Creatures
4 Blood Artist
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Fleshbag Marauder
4 Liliana, Heretical Healer
4 Merciless Executioner
4 Phyrexian Dreadnought

// Spells
4 Cabal Ritual
4 Dark Ritual
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Unearth

Sideboard is probably stuff like Cabal Therapy to hit RiPs and still have a sac outlet for later, maybe two Corpse Dance if I need instant speed recursion.
>>
>>45342909
so you are going through hoops for something worse than Stifle Dreadnought
>>
>playan

ANT
oops, all spells
Cheeri0's

How degenerate am I?
>>
>>45342999
What is yout standing on the dredge question
>>
>>45343117

I think it's fine, but I'm not the best source

Hell I'm the guy even the Dredge players hate considering I use two decks with over 50% first turn win%
>>
can monoblack reanimator serve as a work in progress while I save money for forces and duals?
>>
>>45330289
>playan
Goblins
>buildan
Need a few pieces for infect
>t1 play
Cavern lackey go
>secret tech
Warping wail
>>
>>45343323
I played it, it's tier 9001 but it is fun. I stuck Daze and Probe in along with shocks in place of the duals, it was fun
>>
>>45330289
pox and goblin playing fag here, shits great.
probably gonna build 4 horsemen because fuck i hate the judges in this area so god damn much, the lot of them are rules illiterate as shit.
best T1 play i've ever seen is Eggs going off T1 in some serious magical christmasland style bullshit.
sekkrit sideboard tech that just absolutely boss in all black decks is ill gotten gains, that card will fuck up your opponent something fierce, like god damn.
>>
>>45342987

It's more than that, though because the pieces are not only more resilient, they also provide early advantage by themselves.

T1 Temple Mimic
T2 Ritual Lili Dread, flip Lili, get zombie, swing 12, -1 get Dread sac mimic and sit on 14 power.
T3 you can -2 to bring back the Mimic, or +2 to unearth something, or swing drop a fleshbag, or Hymn, ect.
>>
>>45343228
I've heard the dredge players complain about "fucking storm" when I t1/2 them.
>>
>>45342499
Get btfo bluekid

Why not just force the chalice? :^)

Also, have you heard of abrupt decay?
>>
>>45341858
You can do both anon. I play U/B reanimator in legacy and eggs__________ in modern.

Modern is a shit format, but everyone at my store plays it. In order to participate, I don't follow the main road, I take the sidetrack.

As to your conundrum: I'd personally pick dredge, but I see so little SI that I'd give you mad props for playing it.

>>45342499
>>not playing your one drops anyway
>>not distracting your opponent so he/she'd forget the Chalice trigger
>>
>>45342499
There are plenty of ways to beat chalice...
>>
>>45343660
I'm a Dredge player :^) Who needs to play spells when I can fill my graveyard by playing draw-discard-dredge?

>>45343719
It's amazing that Legacy Dredge is only $250. I'm just scared shitless of RiP.
>>
>>45343588
thats because dredge is breddy fuggdd against storm, cabal therapy can only go so far
>>
>>45343778
dont be scared of rip, its leylines you want to avoid
gravehate is pretty tame now too apart fromDRS
>>
>>45345205
All I'm saying is that we're both doing degenerate things, that I'm doing them better isn't my fault
>>
>>45345234
DRS is bullshit and leyline is joke-tier since you see it comming, unless is multi leyline.
RiP is bullshit supreme.
>>
>>45345373
Leyline with counter backup is hard to beat. Nihil spellbomb is my favorite anti dredge
>>
>>45345503
Unless you T1 combo win, RiP is much harder as it also breaks your current advanced grave and prevents you from continuing digging.
Leyline just sets the objective early.
>>
File: 1339724958643.jpg (27 KB, 450x335) Image search: [Google]
1339724958643.jpg
27 KB, 450x335
I built Legacy Burn in paper a couple years ago but I have yet to get to play a single game.

I might sell my Modern MTGO shit to try and build something for Legacy. Probably MUD.
>>
>>45338466
mana dredge and burn are both decent options and not that expensive

manaless dredge is just a meme
>>
>>45346366
You're a meme
>>
>>45342492
This card pisses me off. I hate how WotC got my hopes up then killed it. They flat said white would get the tax based counters because tax effects are white then backpeddeld hard with a response that since giving white all the tax based counters they couldn't figure out how to make any good blue counters.

White has no fucking good themes now. They killed off balance effects and the killed off tax effects. White has nothing but tokens which every other color gets too.
>>
>>45346641
it was planar chaos dood

get over it
>>
>>45346641
wizards is going down the shitter
>>
>>45346641
You forget mass land destruction and unconditional removal
>>
>>45346667
I would if they would give white something interesting and viable that is uniquely white.
>>
>>45346762
White daze would be interesting
>>
What's the best build of Miracles? Im leaning towards 3 snappy/2 mentors and 4 ponders 0 predicts.
>>
>>45346734
>mass land destruction
since when?
>unconditional removal
since when?
>>
>>45348346
As in they used to be white, but now they aren't because feel bads
>>
File: 20151212_144711.jpg (1 MB, 2667x1500) Image search: [Google]
20151212_144711.jpg
1 MB, 2667x1500
>>45336814
It's aight. Solid T2 imo. Great against delver.
>>
Should I trade my elf pieces for miracles? I love the little guys, but something about miracles is so alluring.
>>
>>45333246
Deck looks pretty fun, how competent is it?
What's the SB card between needle and totem? Ivory Tower?
>>
>>45330289

Playan
>modern
Bogles and Affinity
>edh
Norin the Wary and ultra budget Talrand
>pauper
Burn and my recently built elves

Buildan
>pauper
Affinity
>>
>>45352931
Yeah, that's an Ivory Tower.

The Legacy scene at my store is really small, but the deck seems to hold its own against Delver, Dredge, and 12-Post.

It's tricky to play though. Against explosive decks like 12-post it‘s tough to decide between setting up the Land Tax/Scroll Rack or just tutoring a hate card like Blood Moon and hoping you draw into a wincon later.
>>
So what do you think about the Eternal Masters set this summer?
>>
>>45355107
fake as shit
>>
>>45346366
>implying
manaless dredge is bullshit when piloted by somebody not completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>45355254
>Manaless dredge
>Not memesupreme
>Dredge
>Not the shitterslayer
Welp, found the modern kid!
>>
cunts
>>
>>45355254
Where to begin... It's a deck where you:
>Can't mulligan
>t1 rhoughseize is a timewalk
>t1 Deathrite is a death knell
>A single piece of graveyard hate is unbeatable
>a Thalia is almost unbeatable
>if you manage to win a game, your opponent gets to draw first and play first
>you are incapable of killing t1
>Daze is a hard counter

It's not a good deck
>>
I kind of want to build new, more for funsies deck in legacy. Assume money is not really an issue.

Recommend me a forgotten, odd-ball, or otherwise fun____ deck for legacy /tg/.
>>
>>45359707
1. Memeldrazi stompy
2. Dragonstompy
3. Abzan pod
4. Nic fit
5. Vintage grind dredge
6. Cheerios
7. Spanish Inquisition (Any version)
8. Cephalid breakfast, bonus points for vish kal as wincon
9. Superfriends, that you brew. No nic fit.
0. Reroll any of the above, stream 3 best of 3 games and reroll once done.
>>
>>45359817
rollin'
>>
>>45359707
Mono-U martyr, tutor lands with approx 120 cards or so maindeck, jeskai ascendancy stasis or greedy stasis.
>>
>>45359707
Fluctuator Combo
>>
>>45359924
Aaah nic fit, the deck that looks like it shouldn't work at all, but it just does.
>>
>>45359817
Rollin'
>>
>>45359934
Mono-U martyr looked awesome when I saw Gregory Hatch play it. Tutor lands? Could you link me a list?

>>45359959
Awesome, but a little too inconsistent for my taste. And I can take a lot of inconsistency, so that's saying something.
>>
>>45352030
>tfw Lili is more expansive than scrubland
>>
>>45352030
Any result with the deck? I'm planning of building it as my first Legacy deck, is it worth? Obviously because of duals
>>
>>45360029
>Tutor lands?
Something shitty I made a while ago (have a winning percentage with it though because cockatrice) my computer died and I haven't recovered the files yet so this list isn't quite correct, but it should be somewhat close.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tutor-lands/
>>
>>45359980
It's the ramp deck, and the most skill intensive cabal therapy deck
>>
>>45330539
they shouldnt, if the do they are cunts
vintage decks are so rare that anyone who plays should jump at the chance for a game
build Dredge you only need to proxy 4 Bazaar
>>
>>45335031
Fuck them
Proxy some Bazaars and go to Vintage
>>
How scrub I am for planning getting into legacy via 0-land belcher just because core is quite cheap and I am into combo decks.
>>
>>45359707
Aluren and Food Chain seem pretty fun
I just wanna play creatures for free
>>
>>45361450
Taiga is like $40, why not make it a real list?
>>
>>45361396
Without bazaars, dredge is cheaper than a standard deck
>>
>>45361450
You're a scrub because belcher is uninteractive and sort of autopilot
>>
Help me guys. Which deck should I invest my money into? (Legacy)
I like midrange/tempo decks.
I'm looking at the followings:
UWx Deathblade
BWx Deathblade
Grixis Delver
Grixis Pyromancer
BUG Control
I'd like something balanced between money and strenght (I like every deck in the list)
Also don't want anything with Goyfs because if I had 400$ to spend, I want them to be duals.
Fetchlands are not a probelm, own everyone of the ktk reprint cycle.
Also I already own these legacy staples:
4x Deathrite
4x Young Pyromancer
1x Sensei's divining top
4x Cabal Therapy
4x Daze
4x Ponder
4x Brainstorm
4x Gitaxian probe
1x Batterskull
1x Jitte
3x Inquisition of kozilek
4x Tseize
1x Liliana of the veil

Obviously it seems that Grixis Delver is the deal, but I'd like a deck that has more late-game strenght.
>>
>>45361979
Grixis Delver is able to play control when you're against a faster deck, that's hehe strength of it. You could consider a Grixis control deck, or trade for some goyfs and build BUG Delver
>>
>>45362074
I'd like shardless more than delver. But again, Goyfs are too expansive considering that I don't own a single dual.
>>
>>45362130
I'm not a huge fan of shardless. Delver is much lower variance, and I like that Delver doesn't have any completely awful matchups like shardless does.
>>
>>45362220
I tried Delver but I suffer a lot in late game and I don't like that. I'd like a deck that has always the possibility to change the situation in its favor
>>
>>45362263
Delver is an aggro deck, you want to win by the late game. You can run Sylvan Library or Painful Truths to give you more game against Shardless
>>
File: worldbreaker.jpg (41 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
worldbreaker.jpg
41 KB, 265x370
>>45342632
Miracles is pretty much a bye, too. Unless your draw sucks and they pull a lethal Entreat on your ass or spam the board with Mentor tokens, they're fucked. Haven't dropped a single match to Miracles yet. It's ridiculously loop-sided.

Lands is indeed pretty bad. That's why I'm currently experimenting with a GW build with SB Rest in Peace and Karakas.

World Breaker is also an amazing card in many matches.
>>
Can I get an opinion for Legacy?

I want to build a mono-color Stompy deck, but I'm not sure which to go. FoW has me shying away from Blue, due to the $. Any recommendations?
>>
>>45360469
It's a solid deck. You have game against almost everything except shit like belcher. Burn is also a terrible terrible matchup. I play an enlightened tutor package in the board which really helps games 2 and 3. Really the reason I built it is because I wanted to play DRS, Stoneforge and Bob in the same deck, and splashing green for decay is pretty easy. It's super interactive and a lot of fun. You get so much card advantage it's beautiful.
>>
>>45365098
>Worldbreaker
What deck exactly?
>>
>>45366066
Goblins
>>
>>45366260
Thank you. What are the benefits vs Dragon or Demon Stompy?
>>
>>45366185
Eldrazi Stompy
>>
>>45366359
Just saw that Demon runs Chains, nevermind with that.
>>
is landstill playable in legacy? i really like it and am considering it building it as my introduction to the format
>>
File: ways to say man thats good.jpg (760 KB, 1280x1656) Image search: [Google]
ways to say man thats good.jpg
760 KB, 1280x1656
>>45338591
>tfw i created aggro
>>
File: file.png (220 KB, 499x280) Image search: [Google]
file.png
220 KB, 499x280
>>45338591
>>45367147
>mfw I literally coined the term memerange and most of memedern memes
>>
I'm thinking of building a Pauper gauntlet for playing with friends who're not that great at Magic but still enjoy playing (and with whom I enjoy playing as well), and I'm kinda thinking on how to store it.
I'm thinking of just putting them all in a large metal briefcase in two layers with some padding (everything's gonna be double sleeved, probably, so I don't need deck boxes I don't think)

Also I think it might be fun to build a few multiplayer-focused Pauper decks. It's so niche I'll have to trawl through Gatherer myself for neat cards, but anyone got some gems they like?

Does anyone even play multiplayer pauper ever?
>>
>>45330539
I find that most people who're Vintage players actually don't give a shit about the value of their collection in comparison to getting to actually play the game.

Unlike Modern and Standard, Vintage is actually fun so there's an aspect other than muh cardboard stocks keeping them in MtG
>>
>>45367612
Play pauper cuckmander, uncommon=legendary.
>>
>>45330779
They're probably counterfeits samfam

>>45331181
There's no such thing as "Wastes mana"
They just gave colorless mana its own symbol, that's literally the only change to how colorless mana works: what it looks like on a card.
Everything that used to make (1) colorless still makes it, because = 1 colorless mana

If only they had listened to MaRo and just put the symbols in BFZ before it had to be paid as a cost, all of this would've probably been much easier for people to grok
>>
>>45366359

Dragon Stompy is a Trinisphere/Chalice/Blood Moon deck, it's moved outside of the stompy deck and is basically a red MUD deck.

Goblins actually attacks and aims to end the game through quick combat damage rather then lock pieces.
>>
>>45367720
Ok. Thanks.

I like the idea of Rakdos Pit Dragon, so I might go that route.
>>
File: 1319069411488.gif (1 MB, 195x144) Image search: [Google]
1319069411488.gif
1 MB, 195x144
>>45335031
>not embracing the loving embrace of the Führer below
>>
>>45367171
because applying the word meme to some other word is super tough work
>>
>>45336635
I feel like not saccing the mimic might bite you in the ass fampai, what with its lack of trample and only temporary buff
>>
>>45339866
are you fucking serious?
>>
File: 1350064674457.gif (2 MB, 400x160) Image search: [Google]
1350064674457.gif
2 MB, 400x160
>>45330289
>tfw too poor to buy a mans deck and play vintage

I guess my w/r battlecry deck will have to do.
>>
>tfw playing memedrazi in modern
>tfw player rage quites after t1 eye and nothing else
>tfw not even playing the good version but the heartless summoning

people are so buttblasted its fucking great.
>>
>>45367641
Vintage is the most fun, but taking ANT to 4-0 is also pretty fun
>>
>>45369518
Hey man, Legacy is fun too.
I love Legacy with all my heart but I sold all my cards ages ago so I'm waiting for the results of Rock Boy's new Chinese substitute $100-bills
>>
File: Aboroth.jpe.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Aboroth.jpe.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
I love Aboroth, and really want to brew something with him.

Anyone know what that one card is that prevents your creatures from getting -1/-1 counters?
>>
>>45369544
I traded my zen fetches and foil Stoneforge for comics a year ago. I'm just starting to recuperate from that loss.
>>
>>45369602
Melira
>>
>>45369640
Thanks Anon
>>
>>45369602
Melira.
>>
>>45369602

Hate to break it to you anon but that doesn't work, melira doesn't let you place -1/-1 counters on anything therefore you wouldn't be able to pay the cumulative upkeep
>>
>>45369804
I'm seeing that now, yes, now I'm thinking more along the lines of Fate Transfer or Eon Husk
>>
>>45369602
What on earth kind of janky-ass format are you playing where a 9/9 for 6 is good value?
Even without the cumulative upkeep he'd be trash
You'd have to turn the -1/-1 into an upside, and even then you've got better options
>>
File: BLEUHARGHEUGH.jpg (72 KB, 758x576) Image search: [Google]
BLEUHARGHEUGH.jpg
72 KB, 758x576
>>45370034
>drop Abaroth as low as turn 3
>it's considered bad value

Tier 1 triggered
>>
>>45370118
It's fucking trash bro, there's a trillion better big fatties if you wanna get your Timmy rocks off
that said the game is about having fun so whatever floats your boat
maybe try Quillspike or something
>>
>>45338591
Guys, I don't think you saw the true significance behind this post. You literally cannot, as a player, have invented Affinity unless you were on the design team for Mirrodin.

Oh great dumb frog poster, tell us what you know from behind the curtain at Wizards of the Coast!
>>
>>45370118
The card just... doesn't do anything. Trading 6 mana only for it to get swords to plowshared is just not what you want to be doing.
>>
>Playin-
BigRed (will post pics in a bit)

>Buildin-
LoamPox (out of budget atm)

>best T1 Play
City of Traitors - Simian Guide for R - Seething Song - Sneak Attack - Activate Sneak Attack for GriselBrand - Pay 14 Draw 14 - Simian Guide for R - Activate Sneak Attack for Emrakul - Attack for win.
>>
>>45333246
Mirin the black borders

Built ANT with pauper lands, very fun deck I may try to spin into DDFT
>>
>>45370403
>Sekkrit Sideboard Tech-
Pyromancy? but im dropping it soon
>>
>>45348346
since ever

Armageddon
Swords to Plowies
>>
File: deck 1.jpg (400 KB, 1412x794) Image search: [Google]
deck 1.jpg
400 KB, 1412x794
>>45370403
mainboard
>>
File: deck 3.jpg (247 KB, 794x1412) Image search: [Google]
deck 3.jpg
247 KB, 794x1412
>>45370403
>>45370776
sideboard
>>
File: IMG_0954.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0954.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
With Twin banned i'm looking to get rid of these. I'll probably just put them up on ebay. but i have no idea how much the foreign foils are worth. Where can you find market value on foreign foils?
>>
>>45370881
join the facebook High-End Magic group
>>
>>45370881
>trading away the best removal spell ever printed
Shiggy
>>
>>45370776
>>45370794
Looks spooky, I like it

Also, nice mat mayne
>>
>>45370881
Why would you get rid of your Decays? Twin was just one drop in an ocean of threats that became too popular. Now it just happens to be Eldrazi. Next PT it'll be something else.

Unless you're trading to get non-foiled English decays and other things with the leftover profit, I say you keep them.
>>
>>45371103
The mat is alright, sometimes is annoying to see cards in it I will admit.

And thanks. It is weak to disruption and lack of card draw, but having a possible turn 1 win and usual turn 3-4 wins is nice.

Running a red stompy hate base is nice too. I have had people scoop to turn 1 Chalice + Moon, which is great. If they knew how slow my deck would be after, they might not scoop, but it is nutty. That and have a flexible sideboard is nice. I can remove the Pyromancy's and Defense Grid to run Rabblemasters and side those in with the Magus of the Moons to have a smaller gameplan.

Once I manage to get a set of Recruiters, I am changing the board to:
4x Painters Servant
4x Grindstone
4x Imperial Recruiter
3x Magus of the Moon
It'll bring out the:
4x Sneak Attack
4x Through the Breach
3x Emrakul
3x Griselbrand
1x Worldspine Worm

It'll run like a shitty combo swap, but it should scare some people.
>>
>>45371235
Many casual tears be with you, friend.

I was going to suggest trying to fit in some Inquisions of Kozilek or Thoughtsiezes to protect your Blood Moons against permanent hate cards, but then I saw your Defence Grids
>>
>>45371355
I mean BigRed even does well at more competitive tables. There are clearly better decks (especially Sneak and Show for higher budget players), but a lot of people I know perform really well with the deck. The thread on TheSource has people posting deck results all the time, and for a first deck in the format, it has been great. Really not the deck I want to be playing, but for the budget it was this, dredge, or burn, and this upgrades into something I want more than the other two.

As for protection, I generally don't need it. Either moon wheels or it doesn't, but if it takes removal it is something not hitting sneak attack or other cards. A resolved moon delays their plan for a turn, for 3 mana in mono red, I'm not too upset haha.
>>
>>45371399
How long have you been working on that? My chucklefuck legacy deck is only ~$450, and that's only because there's a playset of Wasteland in it, but this looks near at least $900!
>>
Do people not have disposable income or something? $120 is a little less than 3 hours work for me..
>>
>>45371539
It's actually 1.2k thanks to price increases. I've been playing this deck for half a year now. The problem is, I started magic about 2 years ago with a friend introducing me to EDH. I just don't have legacy staples or the cash to buy the decks I want.
>>
>>45371570
More like people have to pay for college and graduate school. Not everybody who plays is a neckbeard in the workforce with nothing to spend money on except pocket pussies, pizza rolls, and magic haha.
>>
>>45330289

Playan: Mono-white Bird Stompy
Buildan: Like I need anything else?
Best T1 Play: Plains, Chrome Mox, Squadron Hawk.
Sekkrit sideboard tech: Suppression Field
>>
>>45330779

Fuuuuck me I remember when I could of bought that shit for $5-$10 per land, makes me fucking mad bro
>>
>>45371584
I feel you senpai. I played since Gatecrash released, played casually for about a year and a half, then tried to play competitively. I had to brew trial and error with my average cards, buy bulk from friends and sift for high-end valuables, then sell the ones I didn't want for the ones I did want.

>>45371570
Most players aren't established with a comfortable career yet. It's taken me years to get what I wanted because of school and saving for a car.

Tbh senpai I'd get more pussy with a car than a stack of $10,000 cardboard
>>
>>45371770
Luckily, I will end up selling anything >$5 from my EDH decks in the next year or so and hopefully end up with $500-750 in cash. Then I will trade in cards I don't need from my legacy deck and get Imperial Painter, my dream deck.
>>
>>45366066
Goblin stompy is the most fun and strongest variant of stompy
>>
File: 1426709518614.gif (954 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
1426709518614.gif
954 KB, 290x200
>>45371816
Just read the decklist for Painter, holy shit.
>>
File: signed Lackey.jpg (53 KB, 447x794) Image search: [Google]
signed Lackey.jpg
53 KB, 447x794
>>45371836
Agreed. While my heart and soul lies with goblin tribal, dragon stompy (and the hybrid of goblin stompy) is a great deck. Still, goblins4lyfe.
>>
File: birdstompy.png (1 MB, 1636x608) Image search: [Google]
birdstompy.png
1 MB, 1636x608
>>45366066

Bruh. Bird Stompy is the best-kept secret in Stompy.

Pic Related.
>>
>>45371951
Yeah, it's my dream deck. If only recruiters weren't so much. The whole deck costs 2.7k, roughly 1.2k of which is the recruiters. I just wish I was born earlier and was actually in the work force, cause the prices will just keep going up.
>>
>>45371962
Yeah I play vial goblins myself and don't think I'll ever stop
>>
>>45371994
Yeah, man. Sucks that Imperial Recruiters are pretty much the only red tutor in MTG. I hope you get them soon before they become unattainable
>>
>>45371966
How do you not fold to combo?
>>
>>45372098
Meh, it happens. Who knows, maybe wizards will reprint it at some point or I'll come across a MP set for only $750-850. Who knows. Maybe I'll have the deck 5ish years from now when I have been in the work force for a few years.
>>
>>45372141

Depends on how you define combo.

T1 decks like Belcher are pretty hard, but I'm 6 for 7 against ANT in the past few months. The sideboard is brutally anti-combo and tailors the deck for whatever you're facing. Not to mention that the mainboard can kill as fast as turn 4 with hordes of flyers.

And there's anti-combo in the mainboard as well: Judge's Familiar is a huge help, especially against Dredge (he removes Bridges before they get the zombies), while Aven Mindcensor can beat ANT on his own (he makes Infernal Tutor really bad).
>>
what is the difference between legacy and kitchentable
>>
>>45372342
Kitchen table has no overarching ban list, but some people make up their own!
>>
>>45372342
>>45372392

There also aren't kitchen table GP's.
>>
>>45371966
Why not soldier stompy
>>
>>45372098
FUN FACT: Imperial Recruiter is not on the reserve list. They could reprint it tomorrow. In a modern legal set. And have it be just fine.
>>
>>45372831
Yeah, I said mentioned in my next post that I am hoping for a reprint. They might, but unless it is a large enough print run, it won't lower the price too much. People will want to snatch it up for legacy. Sucks that a reprint would probably raise the price of other pieces of the Painter deck.
>>
>>45372966
Modern players are already ruining the price of chalice of the void, painters servant is next.
>>
Is it a dick move to take Miracles to a friendly FNM where the most tier 1 decks are Infect and Elves?

Is it more of a dick move to bring Storm and storm everyone's face off?
>>
>>45372808

Because Evasion.
>>
File: Stroke_of_Genius_640.jpg (128 KB, 640x513) Image search: [Google]
Stroke_of_Genius_640.jpg
128 KB, 640x513
In Legacy, this is what we call "dubs"
>>
>>45374054
I like to imagine that the guy on Stroke of Genius is actually having a stroke
>>
>>45330289
>Playan
UB Teachings in Pauper. Currently trying out a green splash for Sprout Swarm as a wincon and that also gives me access to Naturalize. I think I like it more than Evincar's Justice so far. It's cheaper to cast and while it doesn't work as a boardwipe in the strictest sense, being able to create an infinite amount of chump blockers is much better against creatures that Justice doesn't kill unless you can cast it more than once in a single turn by which point you should already be winning. And, oh yeah, Sprout Swarm can actually be tutored for with Mystical teachings.
>>
>>45374101
>the guy on Stroke of Genius
Obviously Urza.
>>
>>45330289
>playan
Canadian Threshold. Fuck Miracles
>buildan
Nothing. Temur Delver is best deck
>best t1 play
Tropical island, Delver of Secrets
>secret Sideboard tech
4x Leyline of the Void. Fuck Dredge
>>
File: shitandwank.jpg (724 KB, 1641x574) Image search: [Google]
shitandwank.jpg
724 KB, 1641x574
>>45330289
i like to dick around with tortured existence in pauper
>>
Is Esper Deathblade still viable in legacy? Which stoneblade deck is stronger right now?
>>
Mono green infect in pauper. definitely that guy
>>
>>45375113
>Tortured existence grind
None finer desu
>>
>Dragon Stompy
>No actual dragons in the deck
I get that it used to run Rakdos Pit Dragon or something but you'd expect they'd change the name by now.
>>
>>45375734
Deck names rarely change after they have become established even if the deck loses teh card that gave the name to begin with. Which is why Affinity in Modern is still called Affinity, even though it doesn't play any spells with Affinity, and why Fish in Vintage is still called Fish even though it doesn't play any Merfolks anymore.
>>
>>45375734
The name change was werewolf stompy iirc.
>>
Standstill Oath vs Odd Oath vsv Combo Oath. Whats your best?
>>
>>45361396
>Proxy

Dredge is the cheapest viable vintage deck. You get them bazaars and you get them nm
>>
>>45375268
Bump?
>>
>>45375268
All the stoneblade decks aren't that strong right now because Miracles is everywhere.

Once Miracles calms down a bit you'll see stoneforges coming up again.
>>
>>45377521
Damn. I love SFM.
I'd like to know by the way your opinion on which version is the best.
Also, currently tiers?
>>
>>45377591
I've always liked Esper because of the discarding in it.
But honestly the best sfm deck out there right now is death and taxes.

Tiers is a shit system.
>>
>>45377934
I think you can divide legacy into tier 1 and tier 1.5, with miracles/dnt/ant etc being tier 1 and stuff like tezzerator/pox/stompy
>>
>>45378484
The only real problem I have with it is that it's very opinion based.
>>
>>45378566
I kind of base it on which decks have good matchups against the field as a whole vs which decks have some amazing matchups, but some unwinnable ones.
>>
>>45378651
And others base it on how popular it is or if it's won a grand prix and so on
>>
>>45375734

I've seen lists using new dragons from Tarkir block.

Thunderbreak Regent is pretty snazzy.
>>
>>45379767
If a list runs Malfegor is it dragon stonpy or demon stompy?
>>
My secret sideboard tech is a hurkyls recall in all my sideboards. Sure, its usually does nothing. But when it does something, it does a lot.
>>
>>45333246
What are your sideboard cards? I can't read some of them. Interesting deck, how do you find you fare against fast combo like ANT or Omnitell?
>>
>>45382611
Against both you go for ethersworn cannonist after board. Before, your best bet is runed halo.

I'm not playing the deck, but I'd guess that you only win if you can land a hate card and get rip helm off pretty fast
>>
>>45382558
That's me with Serenity.

Only one tournament I didn't have it and I faced only MUD
>>
>>45382808
Last time I played against tezzerator I never saw it, but managed to storm off through multiple chalices. I had to show him what I was holding at the end of the game to rub it in.
>>
>>45330289
Interested in playing legacy ever since the eldrazi took over modern. If I like combo, is manaless dredge a good place to start?
>>
>>45384694
Normal dredge is better, even without LEDs.
>>
>>45384694
It's a good place to start if you never want to play.
>>
is landstill a thing? i love the deck and am looking to get into legacy, but idk if that's a good choice
>>
>>45384796
It's more expensive than playing UW Miracles with a lot of basics... and probably not as good.

Fun though.
>>
>>45384796
There's two guys in my area that do somewhat well with it.

One of them even top 8 with it at grand prix new jersey.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.