[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
City of the Dead Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11
File: all flesh categorie.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
all flesh categorie.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
THE END IS NIGH!

At least, that's what the homeless man standing outside of the main building of your place of work, Trioxin Industries, insisted on yelling at anyone who passed by. Sure, the company has been victim to some bad press lately, as you'd expect from a group which develops experimental chemicals for potential military usage, but that wasn't the business of the accountants who resided on the 23rd floor. They would prefer the world didn't come to an end, as they were hosting their own Christmas party that evening. Yup, as the big shots in corporate where hosting some kind of gala across town, the little guys where determined to have a celebration of their own for another year of good business, before going home to their families for Christmas.

Of course, that's not going to happen. You read the title of this story. The end IS nigh.
>>
But for now, there's an office party to enjoy, and a character to select.

A) Charlie Carpenter: The quiet guy in the office. Tends to stick to his cubicle and keep to himself, except for when he occasionally takes time out to nervously stare at the floor's receptionist, as if nobody notices him. Still, he's not that much of a creep, just kinda... shy. Anyway, dude's smart as hell. Makes you wonder why he's wasting his time here and not down in the labs working on... whatever it is they do there.

B) Annie Craven: The girl's sweet as all hell, if a little... kooky. Okay, maybe kooky is a bit rude, but she is a bit too... enthusiastic about everything. Especially horror movies. I mean boy is she a huge fan of those. She keeps a signed Dawn of the Dead poster on her cubicle wall, plus a figurine of the Tarman from Return of the Living Dead on her desk... that she herself made. Liked around the office by pretty much everyone but Margaret, the middle aged woman in the cubicle beside her, who has complained countless times that her "obscene" mementos and paraphernalia be removed, to no avail.
>>
>>45308850
C) Brian Barker: Ugh, this guy. He's the nephew of one of the higher ups, and that's definitely the only reason he's still working here. Kid lives in a penthouse apartment but apparently he thinks he's from "the streets". Between his obnoxious attitude, trying to sell people his mixtapes, and his general "Fuck Authority" attitude, he's a total nightmare for HR. He's always bragging about his workout routine and how he's a "straight killa" after spending one day at a firing range. Nobody likes this guy.

D) Ben Romero: Wait, what the hell is he doing here? Romero's been one of the company's main shareholders for 15 years and... well, he's an odd one. He doesn't seem to be involved in much of the company's practices. In fact, he only shows up maybe once or twice a year to stir up shit with the CEO, always making sure to cause a scene. And now it seems he's ditched the gala in favour of crashing the 23rd floor's Christmas Party. The dude's a real alcoholic, as evidenced by him grabbing whatever piece of liquor he can get his hands on. Scary dude. You ever look in someone's eyes and just know "Yep, he's totally killed someone before"? Well, that's your first thought when you take a look at this guy.

Which one of these characters will be braving the City of the Dead? The Choice is yours!
>>
>>45308850
>A) Charlie Carpenter: The quiet guy in the office. Tends to stick to his cubicle and keep to himself, except for when he occasionally takes time out to nervously stare at the floor's receptionist, as if nobody notices him. Still, he's not that much of a creep, just kinda... shy. Anyway, dude's smart as hell. Makes you wonder why he's wasting his time here and not down in the labs working on... whatever it is they do there.
>>
>>45308850
>B) Annie Craven: The girl's sweet as all hell, if a little... kooky. Okay, maybe kooky is a bit rude, but she is a bit too... enthusiastic about everything. Especially horror movies. I mean boy is she a huge fan of those. She keeps a signed Dawn of the Dead poster on her cubicle wall, plus a figurine of the Tarman from Return of the Living Dead on her desk... that she herself made. Liked around the office by pretty much everyone but Margaret, the middle aged woman in the cubicle beside her, who has complained countless times that her "obscene" mementos and paraphernalia be removed, to no avail.
>>
>>45308850
>B
>>
>>45308850
Annie
>>
>>45309189
A like this anon cuz his name is Charlie.
>>
>>45308850
>Carpenter
>Craven
>Barker
>Romero
It took me way too long to catch those names.
>>
>>45308850
Charlie
>>
>>45308850
>A) Charlie Carpenter: The quiet guy in the office. Tends to stick to his cubicle and keep to himself, except for when he occasionally takes time out to nervously stare at the floor's receptionist, as if nobody notices him. Still, he's not that much of a creep, just kinda... shy. Anyway, dude's smart as hell. Makes you wonder why he's wasting his time here and not down in the labs working on... whatever it is they do there.

Let's science this bitch up
>>
>>45309189
>>45309360
>>45309633
>>45309677
Charlie it is! The other characters will remain as NPCs

Margaret had chosen to vent her frustrations with your co-workers to you, seeing as you're the only one who won't actively tell her to shut up. Of course, just because you don't speak up doesn't mean you're actually listening to the snobby hog's complaints. "Those movies are a celebration of violence! If she enjoys that filth, it's her business, but I don't see what gives her the right to display it all over the office! It's sickening..."

You didn't want to bother with the party, you just wanted to get some work done. The 23rd floor was failing to meet deadlines, and the rest of these people turned to you to pick up the slack. That's hard to do when everyone's making a drunken racket, and with Bon Jovi playing at full blast. You peer out from beyond your cubicle to check on the rest of the floor. Annie's bopping around, dancing and signing along to Livin' on a prayer, that douche Brian was trying to hit on Sue, the receptionist, who clearly wasn't returning his interest. God, she was beautiful. And in a bizarre turn of events, one of your bosses, Mr. Romero had crashed the party, and was now sipping booze in the corner. What a party, eh? But what's a guy to do?

>A) Maybe you should loosen up. Chat with Annie, she's pretty easy going. She could probably bring out whatever "Fun" side you have.

>B) The elusive Ben Romero, on your floor. You'd have to be crazy to pass up a chance to talk to this guy. He's bound to have some great stories to tell. Plus, he could put in a good word for you with upper management.

>C) Fuck it, it's the end of the year, about time to make some changes, take a stand. You're going to march right over there, tell Brian that she's not interested, and finally strike up a conversation with Sue.

>D) This work needs to be done, one way or another. Stick with it, no matter how unhappy it makes you.
>>
>>45310150
>C
>>
>>45310150
D.
>>
>>45310150
>C) Fuck it, it's the end of the year, about time to make some changes, take a stand. You're going to march right over there, tell Brian that she's not interested, and finally strike up a conversation with Sue.

Imagine it in great detail but really

>D) This work needs to be done, one way or another. Stick with it, no matter how unhappy it makes you.
>>
>>45310150
>>
>>45310150
>>A) Maybe you should loosen up. Chat with Annie, she's pretty easy going. She could probably bring out whatever "Fun" side you have.
>>
>>45310220
>>45310421
>>45310439
Yeah, who are you kidding? All those options, those aren't who you are. You aren't the guy who hangs out with the cool horror chick. You aren't the guy who makes a connection with the older, grizzled man of mystery. And you sure as fuck aren't the guy who stands up to the cocky asshole and wins over the pretty receptionist. No, you're the guy who sits down, shuts up, and does his job. So goes just another day in the life of Charlie Carpenter.

*DING* Huh? A message to your work E-mail? And it's from Larry Whale, the CEO of Trioxin Industries himself. You'd think he was busy at the gala or something to be sending a work e-mail. You open it up and take a look.

>FROM: L.Whale@Trioxin
>TO: All
>RE: THE END
>WE DID IT. WE FINALLY DID IT. I'M SO SORRY. THE END IS NIGH.

Well... fuck. That can't be good.

>A) Probably just some weird prank. Someone probably just got a hold of the boss' e-mail account. Just delete it and move on.

>B) What if it's not, though? Maybe you should call people's attention to this. They're hardly checking their own computers right now.
>>
>>45310987
Can I choose
>C) Get out before panic and chaos erupts. Tell no one.
>>
>>45310987
>>B) What if it's not, though? Maybe you should call people's attention to this. They're hardly checking their own computers right now.
>>
>>45311020
Seconding this, just quietly walk out
>>
>>45310987
B
>>
>>45310987
This sounds like the kind of thing annie would like. Ask if she did this.
>>
>>45310987
>>
>>45310987
>>B) What if it's not, though? Maybe you should call people's attention to this. They're hardly checking their own computers right now.
>>
>>45311037
>>45311382
>>45311952

"Uhh... hey guys, you might want to take a look at this..." Nobody responds. "Hey everyone!" you cry out, barely managing to turn a few heads. You guess they figured if you were raising your voice, it must be something very, very important.

"Oh hey Charlie, welcome to the party!" Annie joked, as she approached your cubicle. "What's up?"

"Umm... I just got this very weird e-mail from Mr. Whale's address..."

Annie leaned over and read the message displayed on your computer monitor. "Hey everyone, the boss just ended the world, apparently." That was enough to get everyone else's attention.

Reading the e-mail, Margaret scoffed in derision. "Isn't it a little late for Halloween pranks? How childish." For whatever reason, she addressed Annie as she spoke, as if she was the culprit.

"It... It's probably nothing, right?" Sue muttered, a little shaken. "Just a prank... right?"

"I wouldn't be so sure." Mr. Romero spoke as he approached your cubicle from his own personal corner, sending an involuntary shiver down your spine. "Old Whale... he's been making his little elves down in the labs cook up this... formula. Real experimental. At shareholder meetings, he described it as the biggest breakthrough in the history of medical science. A cure for death itself." He took a quick swig from his glass of whiskey. "Now, judging by this little lady's choice in movie posters, I think all of you know how a cure for death is going to end up."

There was an uncomfortable silence in the air. Was he telling the truth. Or did the company's drunken wildcard just find an opportunity to mess with the employee's. Fuck, he knows Mr. Whale well enough... maybe Romero sent the E-mail.

>A) Are you serious? If so, we need to get the hell out of here!

>B) You're joking, right? You can't actually be suggesting Mr. Whale made a zombie virus?
>>
>>45311969
>>B) You're joking, right? You can't actually be suggesting Mr. Whale made a zombie virus?
>>
>>45311969
>>A) Are you serious? If so, we need to get the hell out of here!
>>
>>45311969
>A) Are you serious? If so, we need to get the hell out of here!
Still think we should've took the "Every man for himself" option.
>>
>>45312018
we still need to talk to the receptionist may be the last chance. For survival it may be better to have someone capable to watch our backs also we should take some alcohol with us.
>>
>>45312042
She hasn't paid us any attention before, she doesn't get special treatment now.
>>
>>45312091
I never said to take her with us or help her just awkwardly ask her out, crash and burn then take whats left of the liquor and get to safety.
>>
>>45312160
You, I like your style anon.
Seems like something our dude would do, seeing as it's the "end of the world".
>>
>>45311969
A good question would be what "kind" of zombies would we face in an apocalypse?
The regular, shuffling kind from all the old zombie flicks? or the running one from 28 days later? I know they aren't really zombies but humor me, please.
>>
>>45311969
A the name of the game is fucking city of the dead.
>>
>>45312335
Guess we'll find that out sooner or later.
>>
>>45312311
Thanks anon we can only hope they didn't cheap out on the liqour.
>>45312335
I hope it's not runner zombies we won't last long if they are.
>>
>>45312335
I'm hoping for the retarded ones from that one movie that was adapted from the book of the same name by Max Brooks.
>>
>>45312431
It's an office party. It is either the worst shit in existence or the best that is easily available.
>>
>>45312431
The video game way is fast zombie=weak slow zombie =strong I think that the fast ones are easier to survive because they can't break down shit faster. But slower zombies could.
>>
>>45312467
Looks like it's going to be a long apocalypse at least we can use zombie killing to relieve the stress.
>>45312501
Hopefully they are friendly maybe we should buy a gun off the wall.
>>
>>45312501
Not to mention that fast zombies would probably break down and decay faster.
>>
>>45312538
That's smart if this takes place in the U.S. I hate how zombie movies make guns rare when we're I love everyone carries a knife around like its nothing and, guns are so common seeing one is just a little look moment.
>>
>>45312538
Atleast the horrible shit burns good.
>>
>>45308815
>>45308850

Seduce Charlie.
>>
>>45312589
Atleast in some movies they try to justify why finding guns is hard. Such as in cities where the average joe probably won't have one. Or atleast won't have one easily seen, I.E. concealed carry. Plus, would we(Charlie) even know how to use one? Knives and machetes and axes are easy to use compared to using a gun for the first time.
>>
>>45312622
I don't think it would be appropriate to masturbate at a time like this Anon
>>
>>45312677
Stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>45312653
I hope we can find a weapon if we can't then we should use a metal chair leg or towel holder if we can find one.
>>45312653
The countryside is pretty well armed even in Canada I bet the USA is better armed though.
>>
>>45312701
Maybe if it turns out that the zombie virus turns people into Monstergirl Zombies, then sure. But right now it would be better to figure out what kind of zombies they are first.
>>
>>45312653
That makes sense but even then there is a guy on youtube that films videos in my county and he walks around with a AR15 and films the cops reactions, I live in a town of 90k people but we all live in different places I guess.
>>
>>45312017
>>45312018

"Are you serious? If so, we need to get the hell out of here!" you exclaim.

"Yeah," Annie chimed in, "on the one hand, zombies are totally awesome. On the other, zombies are absolutely terrifying and we should get as far away as possible."

"Yo, the nerds have a point" added Brian, "If there's some zombies shufflin' round and shit, I don't want my brains to get eaten." You're more than tempted to ask 'What brains?'

"You young ones, so impressionable," Margaret derided you. "But fine, if you want to ruin this party because of your believe in some silly superstitions, be my guest. Let's just gather everyone up and leave in a calm and orderly fashion. Now, where's Ted?"

Sue spoke up. "Ted? He decided to grab a 'private meeting' with Carol in the storage closet."

"Who the hell is Carol?" Annie asked.

"Oh, she's this lovely girl who works down in the... Lab. Fuck."

A) Okay, so that's bad news. If there was some kind of virus outbreak, the lab crew would be the first infected, right? Maybe we should leave without Ted.

B) We can't just leave those two behind. Their boning session will have to wait until later. Let's get them out of there.

C) Let's check on them, but I'll look around for anything I can use as a weapon first (Roll D20). Don't want to take any chances.
>>
>>45312723
Honestly a good heavy monkey wrench is a good weapon choice. Same with a pipe of some kind. Chair legs would work in short term, but a wrench is where it's at. And the countryside is very well armed, but this is taking place in a City by all context.
>>
>>45312730
The only things that matters is if they can run or not.
>>
>>45312760
>A) Okay, so that's bad news. If there was some kind of virus outbreak, the lab crew would be the first infected, right? Maybe we should leave without Ted.
I never liked Ted anyways.
>>
>>45312760
A
>>
What if we found a Renascence fair and suit up in some plate armor. Things cant touch us then.
>>
>>45312760
>A) Okay, so that's bad news. If there was some kind of virus outbreak, the lab crew would be the first infected, right? Maybe we should leave without Ted.
Find a weapon no matter what we can even break a chair and use it's leg, ask out Sue and grab a bottle of strong liqour to take. Also ted is doomed he made his choices.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>45312760
C) Let's check on them, but I'll look around for anything I can use as a weapon first (Roll D20). Don't want to take any chances.
"Alright, either we're gonna walk into a horrible mess or a Zombie infection."
Gotta try and keep it light hearted.

Also, you gonna use best of three or what GM?
>>
>>45312815
>get in heavy suit of armor you're not experienced with
>low mobility
>get caught
>zombie drags you to the ground
>can't fight him off, be he can't get to you
>more zombies come
>buried alive under zombies
Yeah, no.
>>
>>45312815
We would be canned meat since charlie is an office worker not an well trained soldier.
>>
>>45312850
Best of three is a good way to go
>>
>>45312879
But he's a depressed emo he probably has a gun or something he stares at when he contemplates sucide.
>>
>>45312883
are crits counted?
>>
>>45312921
>quiet and shy
>depressed emo
>>
>>45312856
If only we where trained from a young age in all aspects of warfare and had plate armour fitted to us knights could really move in some eras.
>>
>>45312928
Oh most definitely
>>
>>45312856

worth a shot.
>>
>>45312955
only in the three or are they counted at five?
>>
>>45312921
No Charlie is already a zombie he long ago lost both the will to die and the will to live look at his life he works in an office as the quite guy.
>>
>>45312946
From the choices we've been making Charlie sounds depressed. See
Yeah, who are you kidding? All those options, those aren't who you are. You aren't the guy who hangs out with the cool horror chick. You aren't the guy who makes a connection with the older, grizzled man of mystery. And you sure as fuck aren't the guy who stands up to the cocky asshole and wins over the pretty receptionist. No, you're the guy who sits down, shuts up, and does his job. So goes just another day in the life of Charlie Carpenter.
>>
>>45312974
So we have immunity is what you are saying? That would be hilarious for a zombie setting. Japan would be the least infected area in it.
>>
>>45313000
Nice trips, but I would say less depressed and more to the point that he has no idea how to interact with humans.
>>
>>45313032
I think of him as a robot from /r9k/ but I like your understanding as well.
>>
>>45313000
He has poor communication skills but really good intuition. He is the kind of guy who sees whats going on and thinks practically but can't convince others to do the same.
>>
>>45313004
>Let's try theses nightmare vision goggles.
>everything looks exactly the same.
>>
>>45313004
I think they would out zombie the zombies in Japan. It would make a funny mechanic that the only one to survive is the one who doesn't care if they make it.
>>
>>45312795
>>45312804
>>45312833

"Look, let's forget about Ted. We need to get out of here right now."

"You said it," replies Brian, "let's bounce."

As you make your way to the exit, you notice that one member of the group isn't joining you.

Margaret. Of course it's fucking Margaret.

"You can all just be silly, for all I care. You're letting an e-mail and a drunken old man sway you into thinking the world has ended. You're acting like a bunch of children. I'm going to check on Ted."

You know Margaret, there's just no reaching that woman. You and the rest of the group make your way to the elevator, which is marked with a large OUT OF ORDER sign. Guess you're gonna have to take the stairs.

It was then that you heard the scream. Margaret's scream. The blood-curdling scream that confirmed all of your fears.

>A) Shit, Margaret needs our help! We gotta go back and rescue her!

>B) Margaret's gone. Better escape while we can before we're next!
>>
>>45313092
>company make nightmare vision goggles
> they use employees as testers
>think they don't work
I wonder what you would see if you work in retail.
>>
>>45313158
B. She didn't believe us and she died the circle of zombanity starts.
>>
>>45313158
>"You know, you might come in useful. While they are eating you it will give me a chance to get away."
>>
>>45313158
Hahaha nope. We tries, and that's all that matters right now. Besides, if you check up on obvious screams in a horror movie, you gonna die
>>
>>45313158
>>B) Margaret's gone. Better escape while we can before we're next!
Can we grab a weapon now, how do you roll dice?
also Margret can hold the zombies long enough for us to escape she made her choice.
>>
>>45313220
As long as we are quiet and don't make a fuss, we'll be mostly left alone by anything already chowing down on a former employee.
>>
>>45313158
Let's not make noises while they're having a Margaret buffet. And close all the doors we pass by.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45313220
check the sticky on the front page of /tg/
>>
>>45313171
I worked in a call center and did door to door sales those goggles would probably be more pleasant than doing that again.
>>
>>45313251
Are you a wizard anon? I am an idiot and possibly blind thanks.
>>
>>45313253
I worked and still work in Customer Service. I gotta agree.
>>
>>45313158
Can we roll for weapons?
>>
>>45313158
>>
>>45313189
>>45313198
>>45313209
>>45313220
>>45313248

Gotta keep moving. Sad as it is, Margaret dug her own grave. And horrible as it sounds, nobody is exactly risking their lives on behalf of fucking Margaret of all people. You and the rest of the crew start to creep down the stairwell. You whisper, "Okay, if we want to make it out of here, we're going to need some weapons. Any ideas?"

Mr. Romero is quick to pipe up. "I've got some guns on display in my office on the 30th floor. They're loaded. Don't tell anyone, or we'll get in trouble."

"Wait... you have an office?" Annie asked in disbelief. "Nevermind, we can't go climbing UP six flights of stairs. We need to get out of here as fast as possible. There's a guns and ammunitions store around the corner from this building. It's pretty much the only reason I took a job here. I've been preparing for this scenario for a very, very long time."

>A) If there's some guns nearby, we need to grab them! Who cares if one of the zombies catches up to us, we'll be able to defend ourselves!

>B) Getting out of here should be our first priority. Assuming the virus hasn't spread outside of this building yet, we'll have no problem making it to the gun store.

If you want to grab a makeshift weapon in the meantime, roll d20.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45313532
What's the worst that can happen, we find a severed arm to fight with?

>B) Getting out of here should be our first priority. Assuming the virus hasn't spread outside of this building yet, we'll have no problem making it to the gun store.
>>
>>45313532
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45313532
>A) If there's some guns nearby, we need to grab them! Who cares if one of the zombies catches up to us, we'll be able to defend ourselves!

Mathew CcConaughey guide my dice.
>>
>>45313532
A. And shoot way out of the building.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>45313532
coat hangers make great "stay the fuck away from me" sticks
>>B) Getting out of here should be our first priority. Assuming the virus hasn't spread outside of this building yet, we'll have no problem making it to the gun store.
If Mr Romero's gun cabinnnet is secured we could always come back for them if things allow for it.
>>
>>45313565
With that roll, yes, yes we do.
>>
>>45313532
>>B) Getting out of here should be our first priority. Assuming the virus hasn't spread outside of this building yet, we'll have no problem making it to the gun store.
We should silence our phones and move quietly, maybe call the police and say a virus has broken lose in the lab and is affecting the workers once we get out.
>>45313577
that would draw all the zombies
>>
>>45313650
This is America.
>>
>>45313650
>We should silence our phones and move quietly
Yes let's do that.
>>
>>45313688
So the cops won't bother trying to subdue the zombies they will just shoot them.
>>
>>45313532
>>
>>45313734
It's how it works anon.
>>
>>45313734
Only the black ones.
>>
>>45313565
>>45313573
>>45313576
>>45313584
>>45313650

You take a good look around and find a some loose lead piping hanging out of the wall. Surprisingly, it took little effort to break off, giving you a blunt instrument in case you came across one of the living dead. You silence your phone, not that you would be receiving any calls anyway, and encourage the others to do the same.

"Let's keep moving, we need to get out of here" you say as you continue to move down the stairwell.

As you made your way down the stairs, Sue muttered "I just can't believe it. Zombies? What are we going to do, Charlie? Should we contact the military, or something?" That was the first things she's ever said to you.

>A) I should try to comfort her. At the very least, make her believe that we have a real plan.

>B) Just shut up and keep moving, you can talk later.
>>
File: Duct-tape.jpg (2 MB, 2179x1914) Image search: [Google]
Duct-tape.jpg
2 MB, 2179x1914
Gather as much duct-tape as we can find, we'll need them.
Duct-tape is love, duct-tape is life.
>>
>>45313887
>>A) I should try to comfort her. At the very least, make her believe that we have a real plan.
Yes, but only once we have a secure place to hole up.
>>
>>45313887
A. See if phones have interact access and forward tips to the FBI.
>>
>>45313887
>>A) I should try to comfort her. At the very least, make her believe that we have a real plan
we need to get out of the building and whisper to her don't talk loudly. once out of the building call the cops tell them i virus is loose in the building that spreads via touch. We need to get to that gun shop.
>>45313902
This guy gets it nothing can bite through duct tape it's better than steel plate.
>>
File: Patriarch.png (608 KB, 831x900) Image search: [Google]
Patriarch.png
608 KB, 831x900
Hopefully our boss won't do something as cray cray as willingly infect himself with a strain of the virus and graft a machine gun/rocket launcher combo on his arms...
>>
>>45314060
Well, he is suicidal, so who knows?

>>45313887
>A) I should try to comfort her. At the very least, make her believe that we have a real plan.
"The plan is that first we all get to a relatively safe place and figure out what we know. Contacting the military is what we'll do once we get that figured out."
>>
>>45313933
>>45313950
>>45313952

"Don't worry Sue, we've got this under control. We'll contact the police as soon as we're out of here." Sue breathed a sigh of relief. For whatever reason, she actually believes in your sudden leadership.

You reach the bottom of the stairs and cross past the eerily empty lobby. You and the group make your way out onto the street, as you pull out your phone and dial 911.

"Uhh, guys..." Annie notices something before the rest of the group.

The line is busy, and you fail to get through to the police. Damn it.

"What is it, Annie?" You ask. Annie, frozen in fear, can only point. And there you see it, at the end of the street. A group of 12, maybe 13 shuffling creatures.

"How?!" Sue cried. "I thought the outbreak was contained to the buil-"

"The Gala," Mr. Romero came in quick with his answer. "All the people working on that damn virus was attending that Gala downtown tonight. Looks like Carol wasn't Patient Zero after all. We're too late to stop it from spreading... it had spread before we even knew about it. The End is now."

Shocked as the group were, none of you noticed the homeless doomsayer sneaking up from behind, as he pounced upon Sue, sinking his teeth into the back off her neck. She let out a horrifying scream as she fell to the ground, doomsayer on top of her.

>A) Get the fuck off of her! Attack the zombie! (Roll D20)

>B) Oh god, she was bitten. If this is anything like the movies, that means it's already too late for her. Dammit. We need to get to that gunstore... FAST.
>>
File: 100 dosh.png (155 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
100 dosh.png
155 KB, 500x375
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45314268
>>A) Get the fuck off of her! Attack the zombie! (Roll D20)
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45314268
>>A) Get the fuck off of her! Attack the zombie! (Roll D20)
Even if she was bitten, it would be better to give her a quick death.
>>
>>45314294
Oh yeah, ask Mr Romero how fast it turns someone into a zed.
>>
>>45314268
B. I'm not taking any chances.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>45314268
>A) Get the fuck off of her! Attack the zombie! (Roll D20)
>>
>>45314336
>itbegins.jpg
fuck.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45314336
hopefully Mathew will give a 20 to override
>>
>>45314336
>Charlie gets bit
>becomes Zombie Civ Quest
>>
>>45314481
>Charlie gets bit
>Nothing happens
>Everything went better than expected
>>
>>45314294
>>45314301
>>45314336
Oh shit son, you dun critically failed

You flail the lead pipe at the zombie, but in your blind rage, you aren't able to hit the creature as it shifted on the ground. In an even more horrifying turn of events, you accidentally make contact with Sue herself, completely shattering her shoulder as the lead pipe comes down on her hard. You try to hit the zombie once more, but are quickly pulled away by Mr. Romero, as the beast tears out your long time crush's jugular right before your eyes.

"Forget about it kid, it's too late for her now. You gotta keep moving."

You and the remaining three start sprinting until you are a safe distance away from the monsters. Annie solemnly places a hand on your shoulder. "Hey Charlie, are you okay? I... I know you always liked Sue. I can't imagine how difficult that was for you to see."

"Yeah, that Sue was one fine piece of ass" Brian chimed in, uninvited. "Really gonna miss her, yaknow?"

>A) Thanks for the concern Annie, but I really don't want to talk about it.

>B) You know what Brian? Fuck you!
>>
>>45314504
>Charlie gets bit
>he mutates into a zombie that can complain
>spend the rest of the quest pointing out how shitty every single thing is in explicit, intimate detail, regardless of what it is, be it a pocket knife to a generator turbine
>>
>>45314517
A. Brian's are bros leave Bryan alone.
>>
>>45314517
>How long does it takes to reanimates a corpse Mr Romero, thank you Annie but I'll break down once we're all safe if you don't mind.
>>
>>45314517
Can we break Brian's knees?
>>
>>45314504
>Office Workers are already dead
>Retail Workers are as well
> Japan rules all
Also, I just had to do over 15 captchas.
>>
>>45314517
>>A) Thanks for the concern Annie, but I really don't want to talk about it.
Annie may be the better piece of ass also lets get to the gun shop.
>>
>>45314517
>the promiscuous girl died
>the next one to bite the dust is the jock in the movies.
>just wanted to let you know, Bro.
>>
Rolled 1, 8 = 9 (2d20)

>>45314517
>A) Thanks for the concern Annie, but I really don't want to talk about it.
"Also, Brian, can you atleast wait for longer than five fucking minutes to act like an asshole? We just saw someone we knew die infront of us"
Rolling for both rage and us constraining it.
>>
>>45314629
>we're Zen right now, no hint of anger
>but we look kind of spacey so people are concerned
>>
>>45314629
Well, we are apparently emotionally dull. Makes sense.
>>
>>45314517
>"Yeah, that Sue was one fine piece of ass" Brian chimed in, uninvited. "Really gonna miss her, yaknow?"
>Charlie will remember that.
>>
File: be nicer to Clem.jpg (214 KB, 1148x1184) Image search: [Google]
be nicer to Clem.jpg
214 KB, 1148x1184
>>45314681
Aww fuck
>>
>>45314517
>>B) You know what Brian? Fuck you!
>>
>>45314610
>>45314560
>>45314545
>>45314629
"I don't want to talk about it right now, let's just... press on." You somehow resist the urge to punch Brian square in the jaw, but you do ask him to show some damn respect for the very recently deceased.

"Sorry bro, I wasn't disrespecting or nuthin'. I didn't know her that well. She probably had other stuff besides the ass."

You ask Mr. Romero how long it takes for the corpses to reanimate. "How the hell should I know, I practically slept through all those shareholder meetings. I just knew this was going to backfire on Whale in a big way. Lo and behold, I'm always right. If I had to hazard a guess, though, judging by how quickly this spread through the city from the Gala across town... it can't be any more than a couple of minutes. So we better keep moving, lest you want to see that girlfriend of yours again... only in worse condition."

The group presses on, as you make it to the Gun Shop... and come across the very angry owner standing out front with his shotgun.

"DON'T TAKE ANOTHER STEP!" he exclaims as he notices the group. "I KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. YOU WANT MY GUNS! BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE'EM! THIS IS A WARZONE! THESE ARE ALL MINE!"

Didn't take long for people to completely lose it.

>A) Try to reason with the store owner. (Roll D20)

>B) Come up with a new plan of action, before you get your head blown off.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>45314846
DICEROLL!
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>45314846
>>A) Try to reason with the store owner. (Roll D20)

Come one, man, at least one gun in case we want to make it quick, ya dig?
>>
>>45314846
Dice+2d6
A.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45314846
Tell him you fucked his mom, and she'd be disappointed if you didn't help us.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>45314846
"Sir, if this is a war zone, then won't you ned soldiers to help you?"
>>
>>45314884
"Dice+2d6"
I hope I got it right this time.
>>
>>45314846
dice+1d20
>>A) Try to reason with the store owner.
Tell him to come with us and that shooting will draw the zombies he can't carry much on his own but together we can watch each others backs.
>>
>>45314925
How the fuck do I do this.
>>
>>45314925
Its the "Options" bar in the top right of the reply box.
>>
>>45314953
well it's been a long day i clearly can't dice and neither can the other guy i think i need to get more liqour for this.
>>
>>45314925
>>
File: Gosling hates spoonfeeders.gif (2 MB, 134x134) Image search: [Google]
Gosling hates spoonfeeders.gif
2 MB, 134x134
>>45314925
Look, I know the sticky tells about an email field and that there's nothing of the sort now but there's only 3 places where you can type something.

It's better for a newfag to learn these things by himself instead of having it shoved down it's throat, they'd never learn if you spoonfeed 'em
>>
Rolled 6, 2 = 8 (2d6)

>>45315010
How it's done sun
>>
>>45315010
>>
>>45315037
I will find this shit out eventually just like tryouts not to beat the smelter demon.
>>
You'll get there eventually.
It's not this one either.
>>
Rolled 2, 5, 2, 5 = 14 (4d6)

>>45315037
dice, not Dice. It's important
>>
Rolled 1, 1 = 2 (2d6)

>>45315073
I've already tried options anon
>>
File: image.png (196 KB, 290x299) Image search: [Google]
image.png
196 KB, 290x299
>>45315098
Fuck my life I only needed a lower case letter.
>>
>>45314876
>>45314883
>>45314897
"Come on, you have an entire store-full. Can't we have at least one gun, in case the worst happens and we have to make it quick?"

The store owner paused for a moment, considering the request. "FINE, YOU GET ONE HANDGUN! AND ONLY ONE!" He dashed into his store and retrieved a handgun which he slid along the ground towards the group. "BE THANKFUL I'M SO GENEROUS! NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BEFORE I BLOW A HOLE IN ALL OF YOU!"

You inspect the gun. 24 rounds. You turn to the rest of the group. "Well, now what?"

"Now we gotta find ourselves a safehouse!" Annie answered. "Somewhere to hole up before were we can be secure from the zombies."

"Yaknow, my hotel's not that far away," Brian answered. "I got a penthouse apartment. Top floor. That's pretty secure, right?"

>A) It's definitely the best option we've got, let's get moving.

>B) Nah, sounds too risky. Maybe we should try scavenging for more weapons or something first.
>>
>>45315121
B. If we use the roof we can get trapped unless we have a helicopter.
>>
>>45315121
>B) Nah, sounds too risky. Maybe we should try scavenging for more weapons or something first.
Get out of the city, stop for no one and nothing that isn't essential.
>>
File: Congratulations Eva.webm (1 MB, 250x204) Image search: [Google]
Congratulations Eva.webm
1 MB, 250x204
>>45315098
grats, took you long enough. Fuckin' newfag, now sitdown, shutup and let your beard grew.
>>
>>45315121
>>B) Nah, sounds too risky. Maybe we should try scavenging for more weapons or something first.
We need a vehicle and more weapons hopefully melee ones ask if anyone has family in the countryside and get out of the city.
>>
>>45315121
>>B) Nah, sounds too risky. Maybe we should try scavenging for more weapons or something first.
>>
>>45315145
Thanks.
>>
Before leaving, ask if we can buy some hunting/fishing gears. Stuff that'll prevent bites to break the skin. And backpacks/1st aid kits.
>>
>>45315213
>outdoorsman stuff

>at a legit gunstore

It's not a Cabela's, anon.

Also he wants to fucking shoot us.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>45315121
send someone back to romero's office to get his guns while the rest go to the hotel
>>
>>45315327
a team, howabout
>>
>>45315131
>>45315143
>>45315162
>>45315169
"No, it's too risky to be housing up here. What we need to do is get out of the city as soon as possible. To do that, we're going to need to get our hands on a vehicle. And no better time to start looking than the present."

You turn to the rest of the group. "We're also going to need more guns than this. One of us is going to have to go back to Romero's office, and grab his personal stash."

It was a sound strategy, but who was going to be the one to risk travelling back to the Trioxin Industries building?

>A) Annie
>B) Romero
>C) Brian
>D) Myself

This will be my last post of the night. I will return tomorrow with a new thread should this one die.
>>
>>45315530
D. It's time to be a hero for once.
>>
>>45315530
>B) Romero
He knows where his shit is at.
He's going to die.
>>
>>45315530
>>B) Romero
>>C) Brian
Never go alone it's dangerous, Brian and Romero have the best chance if they stick together, we can find a decent truck or car with Annie
>>
>>45315543
Being a hero is a fast way to an hero.
>>
>>45315562
But being a Martr makes you live forever.
>>
>>45315543
We have easier ways to kill ourselves best to try to stay in groups for now.
>>
>>45315587
Not if there is no one left alive who knows how or why we died.
>>
>>45315530
>>A) Annie
>>B) Romero
or
>B) Romero
>D) Myself

We need a vehicule that can take a beating and keep on trucking. That has enough room for people+gears. That has a fuel tank that can last for days.
A minavan or a RV, a bus even.
>>
>>45315530
>This will be my last post of the night. I will return tomorrow with a new thread should this one die.
Would you be willing to flesh out the setting after the thread so we know how deep we must go in our survival folder?
>>
>>45315638
We must become /k/ get the nuggets ready prepare to go innawoods.
>>
File: fires.jpg (183 KB, 780x1070) Image search: [Google]
fires.jpg
183 KB, 780x1070
>>45315695
That's the thing, innawoodsin' is only the 1st step
>>
>>45315530
>>B) Romero
>>
anyone wanna archive the thread while we wait for the final post?
>>
>>45315530
let's all go back

Romero and brian get the guns we and annie go to the garage to get one of our cars, one of us probably has one
>>
File: City of the Dead Map.png (102 KB, 458x427) Image search: [Google]
City of the Dead Map.png
102 KB, 458x427
>>45315638
The City is densely populated, an estimate of 1.4 million pre-outbreak, and filled with tall buildings and skyscrapers. There are also several community parks, and a river runs through the centre of the city. There exist 3 exits from the city, to the North, South and West. The North and South exits both bring you to the freeway, while the bridge to the rest takes you out into a long stretch of countryside and farmland.
>>
>>45315545
>>45315551
>>45318122

"We should all head back to the building. Brian and Romero, the two of you can grab the guns, while Annie and I head to the garage and find a vehicle. Now, do any of you have a car? I usually take the bus to work."

"I always rode to work on my bike," Annie replied. You didn't think Annie to be much of a motorcyclist, but then you remembered seeing her travelling around on a small purple bicycle, bell and everything.

"I walked here," Romero answered.

"From across town?"

"Hey, I like long walks."

You then turn to Brian. "What about you?"

Brian just smirked. "Oh, you betta' believe I'm not riding into work in anything other than my Hummer. H2 SUV, best ride there is." He tosses you the keys. "Take good care of her while we grab the pieces."

You and the group make your way back to the Triozin building entrance, where you come across the Doomsayer and Sue... but not as you remember her. With her throat torn out and her eye popping from it's socket, she shuffles towards you. What's your plan?

A) Fire on Sue (Roll D20)
B) Fire on Doomsayer (Roll D20)
C) Try to press past into the building (Roll D20)
>>
>>45318467
Do we still have the pipe?
>>
>>45318543
Yes, assuming you don't want to hand it over to another member of the group to defend themselves.
>>
>>45318561
Is the city quite or full of shooting and noise.
>>
>>45318584
The area your group isn't too chaotic, but there are sounds of far-off gunshots and explosions... though those are dwindling by the second, assuredly as more and more humans are being picked off.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45318467
>> give the pipe to Annie and fire on whats left of sue, tell annie to watch for other zombies.
I hope this works on mobile I have to go but will be back if you are still running at 11 others will take my place hail hydra.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45318467

How mobile are the?
I vote pipe the doonsayer and pass them, shooting will attack people and monsters, we don't want to be trapped inside
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>45318467
C) Try to press past into the building (Roll D20)

We can lose them inside or just close the door.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>45318467
A) Fire on Sue (Roll D20)
Put that fine ass to rest.
>>
>>45318467
>d
shoot the doomsayer and capture sue, zombie girlfriend time.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>45318467
C. We need to save ammo.
>>
>>45318681
>>45318753
>>45319083

You decide it's best to just push past the zombies without wasting any ammo. Easier said than done, as Sue tackles you to the ground. What's worse, as you fall to the hard concrete floor, the handgun slides from your hand in the direction of the Doomsayer, who mindlessly begins to examine the weapon. You try to get it back, but Sue is upon you, ready to eat.

>Roll D20 to overpower Sue
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>45319554
>conserve ammo they said
>its a good idea they said
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>45319554
>this is the closest Charlie's ever been to a woman
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>45319554
Don't know why we came back here, its not like there's a shortage of guns in the world. We're gonna die for some guns we could've gotten somewhere else and with less risk.
>>
>>45319582
>>45319599
>>45319696

In a sudden surge of strength, you are able to push Sue's corpse off and rise to your feet. You see the Doomsayer picking up the handgun and playing around with it.

>A) Need to get that back. Attack the Doomsayer! (Roll D20)

>B) Fuck it, there's more guns inside, let's just run!
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>45319783
First, stomp Sue's head in while she's still on the ground, put her down for good.
Then attack Doomsayer.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45319783
Finish Sue before anything, throw rocks in different direction to confuse the doomsayer...maybe it'll work.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>45319783
>Finish Sue
>Hit Doomsayer with pipe while he's still focused on the gun.
>inb4 shit roll
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>45319783
I'm gonna shit a brick if a zombie can unlock the safety of a gun...
Oh yeah, and finish Sue
>>
>>45319852
Turns out Charlie's a natural at bashing heads
>>
>>45319852
>20
Do we knock the Doomsayer's head clean off for a homerun?
>>
>>45319808
>>45319833
>>45319852
>>45319883

With a sudden rush of adrenaline, you stomp on Sue's head, putting the poor girl out of her misery, before lunging at the Doomsayer, lead piper in hand. You take a massive swing, which connects with full force, seperating the Doomsayer's head from it's shoulders, flying a good 15 feet through the air before the body collapses in a heap on the ground. You pick up the gun and stand triumphant. Despite all the horrifying events of today, this victory is likely the proudest moment in your life.

"Let's move," you say with a newfound confidence. The others follow without question.

As you enter the main plaza, you divide the group as previously agreed upon. The entryway into the building's parking garage lie through a set of double doors on the first floor. As you make your move alongside her, Annie begins to speak.

"So, once we get this car, what's our next plan? Because my parent's own this little log cabin out in the countryside and... well, that's always been my go-to safehouse in the event of zombie apocalypse. I've thought about this a lot. Only problem is it's 20 miles out of the city, and we don't know how much gas is left in Brian's Hummer, or how many Zed's are between here and the bridge outta town. Heh, I say 'only' problem. It's kind of a big one."

>A) Yeah, but it's our last hope. It's not like there's anywhere else we can turn.

>B) Look, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Right now, the only plan is to grab the car and keep driving.
>>
>>45320133
>>A) Yeah, but it's our last hope. It's not like there's anywhere else we can turn.
We'll try to find a way to refill the ride
>>
>>45320133
>little log cabin out in the countryside
I know how this movie ends.
>B) Look, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Right now, the only plan is to grab the car and keep driving.
>>
Can we raid a janitor closet for some of the cleaning items? depending of the type of zombies they might not like the smell of chlorine and other shits like that..
>>
>>45320133
>>A) Yeah, but it's our last hope. It's not like there's anywhere else we can turn.
>>
>>45320221
I don't think we would know that.
Having basic 'zombie knowledge', like bites turn you and the head is the weakspot is fine, but I don't think we would/should know more than that.

When using prebuilt characters, I like trying to keep knowledge and actions in line with their descriptions, and Charlie doesn't seem like a zombie nut. If we wanted someone knowledgeable about zombies, we should've rolled Annie.
>>
>>45320420
From the sounds of it zombies are about the same in popularity as they are in our world and anyone with minimal exposure has basic knowledge of what a zombie can do and how to kill it.
>>
>>45320473
That's why I said
>Having basic 'zombie knowledge', like bites turn you and the head is the weakspot is fine
That's the basic info most people have in regards to zombies. More or less anything beyond that would require a greater interest in zombie lore to know, which would require us to be Annie.
>>
>>45320420
I'm thinking there's a decent chance the zombies are smart, or at least stupid and preoccupied without being braindead, seeing as the doomsayer had the motor control and interest to pick up our firearm, out of all the other possible detritus
>>
>>45320153
>>45320360
"Okay, so the cabin's the way to go? Sweet, I never really pitched any of my survival plans to anyone else. People don't tend to listen to that stuff."

You and Annie make your way into the parking garage, where you come across a peculiar sight. One of the undead mindlessly climbing into a car's driver seat. You look on in confusion, as Annie let's out a little chuckle. "Huh, it's like the zombies from Dawn of the Dead, and how the all travelled to the mall? The dead don't know why they were going to the mall, they just felt instinctively compelled to go there, because it was important to them in life. This poor sap must have really liked his car."

You and Annie don't have time to enjoy the comedy, however, as while the zombie lies horizontally across the front seats of the car, it mindlessly slams it's hand down on the accelerator, sending the car careening towards you.

>Roll D20 to avoid
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>45320812
fuck fuck fuck
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>45320812
We ded
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>45320812
avoid and take annie with us

I'm betting margaret will be after her specifically
>>
>>45320844
heh, everything went better than expected.
>>
>>45320854
Agreed we should grab Annie and get out of the way. Margaret is fine she was only screaming she probably saw a mouse or something...
>>
Guys, i short of fucked up.

In a nutshell : We were hired to save a corp man's kid in Boston from an Neonet facility ( we are not sure, but they did some freaky experiments with CFD and technomancers in there). Then, we were told by our Jonshon to take care of the kid until his dad had a safe way to get him out of the blockade for a little extra money. We readily agreed.

Things went to shit when our hacker alerted GOD and we had to leg our safehouse. My character ( S-K genetically engineered supersoldier project that lost its funding, now Scottish not!Raiden ) along with our dwarf face hit a bar to look for a proper place to move. Sadly our face couldn't make it to the session, so it fell to my street Sam with superhuman psychosis to do the talk.

As you'd expect, he pissed someone off and he called his ganger mooks to off me outside of the bar. While I did not have much trouble with those, I sorta forgot the kid was watching from the car. He's mostly silent and unresponsive now. GM said it was PTSD from
-Facility experiments
-His extraction, where he was in the first real gunfight he ever witnessed.
- Babysitting by a sociopath.
-Me going full RULES OF NATURE on the three gangers, cutting one literally in half with my claymore and blowing another one's shoulder off with my warhawk.

Given he had a comfy corp kid life until now, its no suprising his mind snapped. So, how can we fix the kid, or at least hide his mental damage until we have the money ?
>>
>>45321086
Wrong thread chummer
>>
>>45321086
Have you tried making him into a zombie? oh and wrong thread.
>>
>>45320844
>>45320845
>>45320854

You grab Annie by the hand and quickly move out of the way of the speeding vehicle. You're safe from the vehicle for a good while before it eventually makes it's collision against the concrete wall of the parking lot. The car's a mess, and the zombie was thankfully crushed in the collision, saving you the effort of taking it on yourself. As you pick yourself of the ground, Annie begins to laugh. "Wow, that was a close one!" she says between her giggling. It seems it would take a lot to faze this girl. Together, the two of you find Brian's Hummer and hop inside. You start it up and find that the car has a half tank of gas. Not too bad. As you make yourself comfortable in the driver seat, Annie turns to you. "Okay, hopefully Brian and Romero managed to get the guns. But quick question, do we wait for them here? Or do we drive out front and wait for them there?" Fuck, you hadn't thought of that.

A) They'll probably check the garage first on their way out of the building. Let's wait here.

B) I don't want to stay here a minute longer. Let's park out front of the building, it will give us more room to breathe.
>>
>>45321086
easy, magic the shit out of his head. The worst that can happen is to him become more catatonic, and if it comes to that just give him some video games and turn on shadowrun MTV. Nobady will notice any diference.
>>
>>45321223
>B) I don't want to stay here a minute longer. Let's park out front of the building, it will give us more room to breathe.
>>
>>45321223
Did we check the car to make sure it's empty... look through the windows are there any zombies around? We should probably wait here if there are few zombies then go outside and wait. Lock every door keep the car off but secure. Can we text the others or ask Annie to?
>>
>>45321223
Do we have the guys number on our phones?
if we do we could smash some cars to search for loot and create a distraction while we await them outside
>>
>>45321223

>
A) They'll probably check the garage first on their way out of the building. Let's wait here.
>>
>>45321223
>B) I don't want to stay here a minute longer. Let's park out front of the building, it will give us more room to breathe.
Outside is better, too easy to get trapped in here.
>>
>>45321223
A) and while we are at it look around the back seat or glove compartment, brain seems like the kind of dumbass that keeps a piece around and doesn't know how to use it.
>>
>>45321296
>>45321327
>>45321362

You inspect the car, and the interiors are in fine condition. It's a big vehicle, and it was securely locked, so none of the dead had managed to break into it. You wait with Annie for a moment in the garage before asking her if she has Brian's number.

"Unfortunately, I do," she answered, "I remember his first day at the office, he just wouldn't accept me not having his phone number to 'call me any time of the night, babygurl'. Ugh." She punched in the number and the phone began to dial. You anxiously grip the steering wheel of the jeep when suddenly KNOCK KNOCK!

You turn your head to see a hand pressed against the driver side window. You panic for a second, before realising that it's Romero, with Brian standing right behind him. Romero has hunting rifle slung over his shoulder, with a revolver in one hand and a sawed-off shotgun in the other. Brian meanwhile is wielding a pair of pistols. It's difficult to believe that Romero was allowed to carry all of this in his office.

"So, you gonna open up or what?" Romero asks, as you let the two men inside. Without wasting any time, Brian climbs into the driver seat and shoves you to the side, so that your practically sitting on Annie's lap in the passenger seat.

"Sorry bro, but nobody gets to drive this baby but me. Get in the back."

>A) Argue against it

>B) Let him have it. He's an ass, but it's his car, and he's probably the most capable driver between the four of you.
>>
>>45321525
>B) Let him have it. He's an ass, but it's his car, and he's probably the most capable driver between the four of you.
The bigger question isn't what guns do we have, but how much ammo for each?
>>
>>45321525
B) he can be a useful meat shield later.
>>
>>45321525
Now we need to find gas for the tank and water/food and stuff to store them, medical shit as wel and more importantly walkie-talkies
>>
File: paramount-marauder-09.jpg (71 KB, 835x468) Image search: [Google]
paramount-marauder-09.jpg
71 KB, 835x468
>you will never drive a Marauder in a zombie apocalypse.
fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>45321525
>>B) Let him have it. He's an ass, but it's his car, and he's probably the most capable driver between the four of you.
>>
>>45321525
Look around before you go into the back.
>>
>>45321554
>>45321555
>>45321567

You decide that it's for the best that Brian takes the wheel. For one, it's his car. Secondly, he's the most capable driver here, seeing as Annie only rides bicycles, you always took public transport, and Romero's been drinking all night.

"So bossman, what's next? We're getting out of here right?" Brian asks Romero as the car leaves the lot and makes it's way out onto the street.

"I hate to say it kids," Romero answered, "but we don't know how far this thing has spread already. I wouldn't be surprised if the military's already holed up by the bridges and closed everything off."

You examine the ammunition that Brian and Romero managed to gather:
>12 shotgun shells
>The hunting rifle has about 10 rounds
>The pistols have 20 rounds each
And the revolver only has 6 rounds within it's barrel, though Romero seems to be holding onto that one himself with sentimental care.

>A) We don't know if it's closed off for sure, so we can't miss an opportunity to escape before it is. Annie's got a place we can stay in the countryside. Let's head for the West bridge and leave this place behind for good.

>B) The military? Then maybe the best option is to just survive until they make it into the city and rescue us. We need to pick up supplies to help us last until then.
>>
>>45321844
>>B) The military? Then maybe the best option is to just survive until they make it into the city and rescue us. We need to pick up supplies to help us last until then.
Annie can confirm this, she's the survival expert on the thing
>>
>>45321844
>we risked life and limb for 32 rounds total
Shit son, we could've broken into just about any house and found more ammo than that. I'll just chalk it up to the vehicle being main priority, and the guns/ammo were just icing on the cake.

>A) We don't know if it's closed off for sure, so we can't miss an opportunity to escape before it is. Annie's got a place we can stay in the countryside. Let's head for the West bridge and leave this place behind for good.

>>45321867
>Annie can confirm this, she's the survival expert on the thing
She's probably seen enough zombie movies to tell us they're gonna bomb the shit out of the city, and anyone still in there is shit out of luck.
>>
>>45321929
42*
It helps if I learn to count.
>>
>>45321844
Of We can get to the river and find a boat we could sail out of here.
>>
>>45321844
Military never rescues anyone that doesn't survive for fucklong on their own in the movies anyway. For all we know, they might just bomb the whole damn city as a lost cause.
>>
>>45321844
>>A) We don't know if it's closed off for sure, so we can't miss an opportunity to escape before it is. Annie's got a place we can stay in the countryside. Let's head for the West bridge and leave this place behind for good.
If we find any empty convenience stores along the way we should stop and grab as much food as possible one person on lookout one in the car and two to scavenge.
>>
>>45321844
A) everyone knows in zombie movies the military is fucking useless.
>>
>>45322135
If the military isn't shiting its collective pants though, we could help on the other side of the bridge, truck pointed away from the city so we can haul ass faster.
>>
>>45321929
>>45321993
>>45322087
>>45322135

You decide the best option is to try and escape the city immediately.

"Yeah, I don't trust the military in these situations," Annie agreed, "haven't you guys seen Return of the living Dead?"

The choice was made and the group pressed on, as the Hummer made it's way towards the West bridge, with Brian more than eager to mow down any zombies that came in his path.

You take the ride as an opportunity to ask Romero more questions about the virus. "I already told you, I don't know anything other than they were working on something like this. I didn't approve it, but the rest of the board overruled me. What else could I know? I've never spent a day down in those labs."

>A) I just find it suspicious that you decided to leave the gala where everyone first got infected early.

>B) You really do seem to be taking all of this in stride. You weren't even surprised.

>C) Okay, I trust you.
>>
>>45322372
>B) You really do seem to be taking all of this in stride. You weren't even surprised.
>>
>>45322372
>>A) I just find it suspicious that you decided to leave the gala where everyone first got infected early.

>>B) You really do seem to be taking all of this in stride. You weren't even surprised.
>>
>>45322372
>>
>>45322372
>>B) You really do seem to be taking all of this in stride. You weren't even surprised.
>>
>>45322372
>>A) I just find it suspicious that you decided to leave the gala where everyone first got infected early.
Where would Mr Whale hide the research material? We might need them if we survive this long to reach the authorities so they could find a cure
>>
>>45322410
>>45322460
>>45322539
>>45322594

>"You really do seem to be taking all of this in stride. You weren't even surprised."

"Well, what can I say?" Romero answered, taking a swig from his hip flask, "I'm a man who expect the worst. So when the worst happens, I'm not surprised."

You clearly aren't going to get anything out of him. Even if he did know more than he's letting on, the guy's a closed book. It was pointless arguing, you were approaching the West bridge anyway.

"Uhh, guys..." Annie called your attention, and it didn't take long to realise what the problem was.

A blockade. Right across the bridge. Looks like the military did get there before you did.

Before you know it, the Hummer is swarmed by a group of armoured soldiers with automatic rifles. "Step out of the vehicle right now!" one of them commanded, "If you have any infected in there, don't bother trying to hide it from us." There were tons of them, trying to fight your way out of this would be suicide.

"Aw man, all this and the army's just gonna gun us down, ain't they?" Brian exclaimed, banging his hands against the car's steering wheel in frustration.

>Step out of the vehicle with your hands in the air.

>How do we know you have our best interests at heart? How can we trust you?
>>
>>45322782
>Step out of the vehicle with your hands in the air.
>>
>>45322782
>>Step out of the vehicle with your hands in the air.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.