[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been bullied or harrassed for being into tabletop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11
File: 1453572639413.png (3 MB, 1076x1184) Image search: [Google]
1453572639413.png
3 MB, 1076x1184
Have you ever been bullied or harrassed for being into tabletop?
>>
File: 1453244588939.jpg (66 KB, 708x708) Image search: [Google]
1453244588939.jpg
66 KB, 708x708
Surprisingly no, despite having played it since 1995 and all the way through highschool and college.

Freeform scum have attempted to bully me for playing proper system RPGs, though. I say attempted because I'm not sure if there were words coming out of their mouths. When freeform scum speak, all I hear is farting noises and babies crying.
>>
>>45238386
Once. We played in the school library, and one kid who thought he was thug said we looked gay. We just kind of sat there, staring at him, because we were secure in our sexuality and were not really offended by being called gay. He kept poking at us for a good ten minutes, then realized we were just kind of giving him the stink eye. He got real nervous, and left us alone. Then on the way out, he had for some reason been waiting to see us by the door, and called me a faggot again. I punched him square in the nose, and he literally cried. I apologized, and went home to eat pizza and watch Dragonball Z.

Bullying is weird.
>>
>>45238386
No because I'm not some faggy need who defines himself by plastic army men and stupid dice
>>
File: 1454615865995.jpg (67 KB, 416x508) Image search: [Google]
1454615865995.jpg
67 KB, 416x508
>>45238576
>No because I'm not some faggy need who defines himself by plastic army men and stupid dice
>>
>>45238386
I had an older brother who was basically the football jock pride of the household and I was the geeky waste of life who headed off weekly to a D&D game.

He'd constantly give me shit, specifically the fact that I was 16 and still a virgin. He literally stopped calling me by my name and just called me virgin.

Doesn't help that my dad really bought into the whole satanist stories surrounding D&D at the time. He tried to ban me from going to my weekly game but I'd just kinda blow him off and go anyways.

Got to the point where whenever I was going to leave the house he would grill me and argue with me.

>ANON WHERE ARE YOU GOING AT THIS HOUR?
>To go sacrifice a goat in the name of satan why the fuck do you care
>>
>>45238811
Jesus dude, that must have been awful. I was introduced to the game by my brothers, and all six of us would play together back in the 90s.
>>
>>45238811
It's hard having interests your parents don't get, I feel you
>>
>>45238576
I bet that would have sounded even more stupid if it was worded in an actually intelligible way.
>>
Nah, but that's probably because I've always been big. Size is a natural deterrent against that kind of thing. People probably poked fun behind my back though.
>>
>>45238386
No, mainly because I'm a quiet shut-in. Hell, in 8th grade, a lot of people thought I was either mute or didn't speak any English because of how little I spoke and interacted with people at the time.
>>
Being tall and sociable keeps bullying down.

People didn't really get it, but that's fine.
>>
>>45238386
I was bullied for damn near everything through school.

Being the new kid, being quiet, not having friends, having the wrong friends, being gay (I'm straight), being too tall, being fat, being too white, being blonde, grades being too good, grades not being good enough, not playing sports, not getting high, not going to parties, listening to the wrong music, wearing the wrong brands, being a virgin, not standing up for myself, getting suspended because I stood up for myself and almost broke another kid's arm, and my all time favorite: Not bullying other kids.

If I ever got harassed for D&D or warhams, I didn't notice. I got into the hobby in high school and by then I was basically numb to other people's opinions of me.

My friends did tease me for freeform chatroom RP, but they were right to. I feel the shame to this day.
>>
File: NoBully.jpg (65 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
NoBully.jpg
65 KB, 250x250
>>45238544
>>
>>45238386
Never. There was implicit social rejection from a great variety of people, but can never recall actually being harassed by anyone.
>>
>>45239411
Yo, fellow weird introvert kid, what up my nigga? Shit, I always eat in the cafeteria at my work place because I simply don't want to nor do I interact with my fellow employees that much. I'd say I've gotten out of it a lot since school, avoiding then more because I have no similar interests with them and find some of them annoying but that was probably the same case back in school and I lacked the wisdom to realize that was the reason.

To answer the OP, not really. Like another said I was kinda big but at the same time I didn't really share what my hobbies were at school to begin with and being an only child with caring, good parents prevented any of that from my own home life.

Growing up in an inner city school environment for me was weird anyway, nobody really bullied once you hit 9th grade, everyone focused on their own social lives and whatever else they had going on in their lives, kind of too swept up in partying, getting girls, football and going out to get high or whatever to do that kind of thing.
>>
File: 1452306203206.jpg (134 KB, 762x613) Image search: [Google]
1452306203206.jpg
134 KB, 762x613
>>45239546
>freeform chatroom RP.
>>
>>45239642
Do what you must.
I deserve this.
>>
>>45239616
I've been making more of an effort to interact socially lately, partly because I don't want people to see me as the quiet guy with few friends who might be a serial killer or something but mainly because having no friends was depressing.
>>
Yup, up until around 7th grade when I started in a new school, stood up to a bully and got left alone.
>>
>>45238386
No, I didn't get into it until my last year of college for one. I thought it had a pretty serious nerd stigma. My husband started playing 40k a few years before I got into GURPS, then from there it was shadowrun, then all downhill from there. I did play text muck/RPGs when I was young, briefly though, so, not really sure why I didn't see the obvious connection.

Actually the only thing I've been bullied for in my adult life was by other trans people in the support group I ran, and the umbrella group that hosted us.

Apparently I'm too threatening, along with a huge bundle of other reasons that make no sense or conflict.
>>
>>45240389
>My husband
>trans

Jesus, what's next? People like you being allowed to drive cars?
>>
>>45240770
Worse, I go to people's homes and fix computers.
>>
File: 1428366290853.gif (4 MB, 215x177) Image search: [Google]
1428366290853.gif
4 MB, 215x177
>>45241234
I want off this wild ride.
>>
>>45239589
>chopping off her ahoge

This kills the Ribbon.
>>
>>45241285
Kek.

I was forced to step down because at least one person supposedly was worried I was going to stab them. Among other reasons.
>>
Yep. Myself and a few friends used to play in gradeschool. And being the oblivious 11 year olds we were we'd talk about it at lunch and recess.

That is at least until a teacher approached us and got us to let him in on our conversations. Seemed harmless enough until 2 days later the principal calls and assembly talking about satanism and dungeons and dragons. Then afterwards quietly suspends me since the passing teacher had apparently pegged me as the "ringleader" of the fledgling cult.

Sadly. It worked. We never played together again after that.
>>
>>45242155
That's impressive, and terrible. I think we could make a move out of this, instead, you feel disavowed and them to the actual occult to very vengeance on the school.

Your friends think you go too far, and take up the mantle of their characters.

But in the end it ends up like footloose, but instead of a dance party the town gets a fantasy makeover.

The sequels will be about the spread of magic in the midwestern united states.
>>
>>45242320

I sleep well at night knowing that 10 years later said principal got the book thrown at her on embezzlement charges
>>
>>45238544
Good job for not takign shit.

the minor bullshit a school can give you as punishment is nothing compared to that little fuck thinking he can do what he wants.

being feared is better then being thought as a little bitch.
>>
>>45242437
Those things are always little pockets of sunshine.

My ex band teacher was fired for incompetence. And some of my worst bosses were fired for theft.
>>
File: 1413477667145.jpg (55 KB, 455x708) Image search: [Google]
1413477667145.jpg
55 KB, 455x708
No, I got harassed for being the only Asian kid in my school who got challenged to every fight. Because "every chink can fight" Started pulling out knives and other weapons in response which caused more problems of different nature.
>>
>>45238386
No, even though I lived near allot of Mormons, my high school life was pretty cool for the most part.
>>
I was the starting tackle on varsity from 9th grade on because I was 6'5'' and 300lbs.

No one gave me shit because I was a freak of nature. You can openly read dnd books in class when you break arms at practice. Also, any bullying I saw around me disappeared when I got to college, seeing as the jock/frat crap had a lot more to do with just hanging out and drinking then being assholes and bullying gets you cut from sports scholarships pretty fucking fast.
>>
>>45242707
Not azn, but I took juijitsu in JR high+. I got similar response.

My advice, deescelate, but don't bitch out. Hope you didn't get nabbed for the weapons.
>>
>>45239546
Ffffffffffag
>>
>>45240000
Sick quads aside, being labeled the quiet guy is the fucking worst. I'm usually loud as fuck around close friends, but around mid-tier friends and acquaintaces I'm generally quiet and reserved. It fucking sucks, maybe I should drink more or something
>>
>>45241490
Good. Ribbon and Co are shit
>>
>>45242979
I get this.

I'm not antisocial, you're just new to me and I don't know what to talk about.

Making gin and tonic at parties does net you friends though. Just, shitty ones, but at least people don't think you're antisocial.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WfD8Dnh2xho
>>
File: 1453959134.dohs_69947.jpg (423 KB, 900x691) Image search: [Google]
1453959134.dohs_69947.jpg
423 KB, 900x691
>>45238386
Yeah, but I was bullied for other reasons too.
There was this particular guy who bullied me for -everything-, he followed me around and tried to get my attention each time he could, but I tried to keep my cool and talked it down with him calmly. After a while he started to watch movies that I recommended him, or read books I read, he even asked me to play D&D with him someday, but I turned him down because he kept bullying me until high school.

Interestingly enough, during the graduation ceremony he declared me that he had a crush on me and he loved being with me.

Bullies are weird.
>>
>>45243217
>that post
>that pic
Well clearly he knew you were a gay furry
>>
>>45243274
No, he thought (and still thinks) that I'm straight because I was a rugby player, while I've always been a massive faggot. Too bad for him that I have fucked a shit ton of guys since I left high school.
>>
>>45238386
Once.
Girl called me a loser for playing d&d.

I punched her in the stomach. It was my dm's daughter. He got pissed.
I told him she shouldn't talk to adults like that.
>>
>>45243596
I'm 37. Fuck that little bitch.

8 year olds had best show respect.
>>
>>45243217
>not taking the opportunity to severely fuck with his head
>you're a better person than i would be
I would've declared that I was gay too, but tell him i knew and describe how repulsive I find him in front of everyone.
>>
>>45242932
Zip it fatty.

And shave your neck.
>>
>>45243596
You did the right thing bro.
>>
>>45243734
No need to be vindictive. That's a good way to /not/ grow as a person.
>>
>>45241555
Do you have one of those faces whose neutral expression is just angry/disgruntled, or are you overly tall/large as to be threatening, or what, do you think?
>>
>>45243860
Thanks bro.

She'd been flirting with me too.

Chicks are weird.
>>
>>45243734
I would have done that, but that declaration was really hard for him since he was crying and struggled a lot to say it.

I'm all for beating bullies, but after the years I realized that he wasn't that bad of a person, and that destroying him during that moment of weakness was crossing the line.
>>
>>45243217
>>45243341
You sound like awful humans.

Not just awful in general, but awful at being human.
>>
>>45242945
I got weirdly lucky.

Majority of the riffraffs disappeared after some blood were spilled in rather public fashion

The final series of escalations died quickly after the Virginia Tech shootings. We had a white kid bring a gun the year before so people were really antsy near me. Spent my later parts of highschool in peace.
>>
>>45244102
I'd have hit her in another sense of the word though, namsayin'?
>>
>>45243596
>dm's daughter
He sounds like a pushover if her daughter can get away with that, one of his hobbies.
Kids these days need to stop being little shits.
>>
>>45243832
That tech degree doing you wonders there, freshman?
>>
>>45244347
>Kids these days need to stop being little shits.
I would say that children are same as ever. Parenting quality seems to have dipped significantly over the generations though.
>>
>>45244419
True, though I remeber if I Sassed my farmer dad he'd beat the shit out of me.
I just find it hillarious the guy wouldn't tell her not to say that to his players, but apperently he doesn't like the hobby too much.
>>
>>45243596
I am by no means a pushover dad but I would have broken your ass for punching my daughter.

I am the parent, I discipline my kids. You keep your fucking hands off my kid.
>>
>>45244586
>he fell for the obvious bait
>>
>>45244666
Really at this point, can you blame him?

There are people who actually believe the shit the other one was flinging. We have rolled around in shit pin acting retarded for so long we had actual retards join us in the pin.
>>
I was at a temp job not too long ago when a guy tried to give me a speech about being an adult and that playing games was for kids, and I straight up told him I was a grown ass man and I paid my bills and took care of business and he could suck my dick.
>>
File: tmp_5706-serveimage1097258143.jpg (53 KB, 468x506) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5706-serveimage1097258143.jpg
53 KB, 468x506
>>45243967
I've been told I have a 'strong personality' which is usually by people who try and fail to manipulate me.

I look. .. I dunno, sometimes my friends will send me pictures of postings on Craigslist or the local news paper of guys trying to get my attention. Every once in a while a guy will give me a note saying I'm beautiful, which is amazingly flattering, but they're not the kinds that are looking for a follow up.

I wouldn't say I'm typical hot girl in any way though. I'm not tall, or very muscly. I don't wear heels, ever either.

I'm told my neutral face is sad. Might be construed as bored or something with the black lipstick and eyeliner I usually wear though.

It's hard not to be bored when the group brings up dating for the 6th time in 2 months though.

I dunno, got a lot I could say, but not really sure what to start on.
>>
>>45244586
I would kick you and your daughters ass.

Then take my dice and go home. I'd also toss all the coasters in the trash.
>>
>>45245404
>coasters in the trash can.
Oh shit man, calm the fuck down.
>>
>>45245404
>I'd also toss all the coasters in the trash

HOW DARE YOU
>>
>>45245428
No bro.
Him and his dick 8 year old daughter started it!!
Its on now.
>>
I got bullied tons, but I only got into the hobby after that. In fact I've made most of my friends that I still have from tabletop stuff, aside from folk dancing.

And strangely enough, someone I knew from the latter was already in the first RPG group I ever joined. I'm amazed at how identical my interest are to those of that guy. He's still one of my best friends.
>>
>>45245478
You're gay aren't you?
>>
>>45245522
Nope. I actually had a relationship with the dude's niece for three years. We're still bro's, I hardly ever talk to her though.
>>
>>45245556
>folk dancing
>not gay
Pick one bro.
>>
>>45245639
So, this is the part where people with the most obscure hobbies pick on people with other obscure hobbies?
>>
>>45245677
Ummm ...yea.

Ttrpgs>dancing

There's a hobby scale.
>>
>>45245677
I believe that the intention is that people with obscure hobbies pick on people with gay hobbies.
>>
>>45245718
Well said anon.
>>
>>45245706
>>45245718
>>45245739
/tg/, Where people don't mind you being trans, don't mind you having the weirdest fetishes, but oh my god don't you dare actually enjoy dancing.
>>
>>45245781
Oh, dancing's fine. Just don't pretend that it's not gay.

It's like 40k, magic, etc. People suck and are awful. Just don't be stupid and claim otherwise.
>>
Never got bullied for anything since my brother and I are so close in age we attended schools together and even at age 8 he was over 6ft tall.

Now he's a 400lbs 7.2ft monster with size 20 feet and supposedly some medication he had to take growing up stunted his physical growth.
>>
>>45238386
Probably, but you could throw a dart at a wall of human qualities and hit something I was bullied for.

>>45245781
I'm not about to give /tg/ grief if they would rather sit down to have fun than stand up to have fun, but THERES SO MANY MORE CUTE PEOPLE WHEN YOU'RE DANCING GOD DAMN
>>
>>45245781
>Where people don't mind you being trans, don't mind you having the weirdest fetishes,

You haven't been on /tg/ very long.
>>
>>45246541
>THERES SO MANY MORE CUTE PEOPLE WHEN YOU'RE DANCING GOD DAMN
Ffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaag.
>>
>>45238386
Lol, I've never been bullied. Or at least not obviously.

I guess the only person that has bullied me is myself.

General principle of being a shy coward.
>>
>>45238386
Not really

I get a lot of "Oh neat" 's whenever it somehow pops up and that's just about as far as it goes
>>
>>45246338
>over 6' tall
>8 years old

Mkay
>>
>>45238386
No-one ever bullied me. I was known as the 10 year old black belt. Then the 12 year old 2 time black belt.

No-one was stupid enough to give me a reason to kick them in the head. I got away with being a GW fag the whole time.

That and I have social skills, the real reason most who play table top get bullied.
>>
Never got bulled, probably because I never went to school.
>>
>>45249074
I knew someone that tall. 6 foot in 5th grade. Over seven in highschool. I think he had gigantism, though. That or he was a new Shaq in the making.
>>
>>45243734
Then you're shit. Kill yourself.
>>
>>45245834
If a gay person tries to folk dance, anon, either the dance floor or the gay person, whichever had the lowest power level, will burst into flames.
>>
>>45246543
If you're not weak, and not easily aggravated by the constant shit posting.

Avoiding d&d grognards helps too.
>>
>>45243734
Tell me, who is more evil? The man who does evil to another? Or his victim, who, /knowing full well the pain/ turns and inflicts that pain upon him?
>>
>>45238386
I'm a fairly large man. So I've never had a hard time with people. Not directly to my face anyhow.
>>
>>45249750
So you were into some little kid version of a martial art or was your school just super lenient on giving them away, because I won numerous sparring matches as a yellow and orange belt when I was a kid against "red" and "Black" belts from schools that gave belts away to boost confidence.
>>
Not at all. My playgroup actually held a one off for a group for kids from Penn State's THON. Kids suffering from cancer are actually really imaginative.

One kid roleplayed as the bbeg's henchmen fairly well.
>>
I've only ever been "bullied" for being the only black guy amongst the regulars at my FLGS. Luckily, the owner has kicked people out several times because of it.
>>
File: lizardgurl.png (63 KB, 222x366) Image search: [Google]
lizardgurl.png
63 KB, 222x366
>Hanging out next to Yu-Gi-Oh kids at the bus stop.
>Routinely harassed and bullied by white trash faggots who walked to school from trailer park.

>Bullied by cute black grill in middle school
>Told by the same black grill "You're, like, hot now" in high school

>Social anxiety and crippling obsessive compulsive disorder unleash my spaghetti and I mumble "Thanks" while hurrying off to class.

>Only male in yearbook class
>Receive "Girl Talk" award at the end of the year for "being such a good listener"
>Girls routinely took pictures with me
>Spaghetti intensifies

>In college
>Cute girl, the only one I've ever really liked, really hits it off with me
>We go out a lot and take a lot of the same classes for almost two years
>I work up the courage to ask her out on a real date and she reveals she's a lesbian. She played roller derby and everything
>Cosmic spaghetti

I just want to die sometimes.
>>
I was 6 foot 1 when I joined Secondary school and left as 6 foot 5. I could be a geeky as I wanted and no one could do shit; great times!
>>
>>45242594
Schools these days go way overboard with punishing bullying. At my school if someone beat the shit out of another kid, the kid who didn't fight back would still get suspended.
>>
>>45244153
Thank god for school shootings eh?
>>
>>45252477
>picking on the token black guy

I'm the token minority (hispanic) in my college's game club (like 25-40 people). Thankfully I don't get shit my way but one time a dude showed up and starting cracking nigger jokes in the PF group with our black friend (he's since graduated). I don't know why he did. It seemed like he was something out of a bad /r9k/ greentext. Everyone else was just sort of doing that awkward nervous smile where they aren't sure if it's funny or not until black friend reacts and just packs up and leaves. I commend him, I'm pretty sure I would have thrown his ass out but I don't hear about this till the following week.

I don't get people sometimes. We would have banned the newcomer but thankfully he never showed up again.
>>
>>45238544
Honestly that just kind of makes me feel bad for the kid you punched. He was probably looking for some kind of validation. I mean, I don't think you did the wrong thing necessarily, but hearing about how he got nervous and cried just makes me kind of wish that had had a happier ending.
>>
>>45242320
>DM becomes the BBEG
that's a pretty spiffy idea, I like it too
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.