[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/. So today my DM booted me from the game because I refused
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1446171659647.gif (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1446171659647.gif
1 MB, 600x338
Hey /tg/. So today my DM booted me from the game because I refused to change my character's appearance to fit his preferences, partially because we were already multiple sessions in and the character's appearance was already established and also because I just really don't like what he wanted.

So I ask you, what stupid bullshit that probably shouldn't have have been that big of a deal has spoiled your games or torn apart your groups?
>>
>>48340927
People will not let others in their games because they're; a different colour, a different religion, use characters that they dislike the general theme, concept and idea of, play in a way that they don't like.

There are people on this board that will argue some, or all of those are valid, life goes on, people have their peeves and think everyone else's are bullshit over theirs.

That being said, I once had a GM almost flip out over a few of the male players playing female PCs, it didn't quite destroy the game itself but it led to a lot of conflict that just had the whole thing dissolve away. Thing is, until you encounter these sorts of things, the usually seem relatively normal.
>>
>>48340927
What did he not like about your character's appereance?
>>
>>48340927
Can I ask what the original gif is suppoed to fucking be? Did someone splice a bunch of dancing together or was this literally a surreal moment on one show? What is it?
>>
>>48340927
>>also because I just really don't like what he wanted.
Do we want to know what exactly he wanted? Just asking...
>>
File: 1468805025632.jpg (23 KB, 313x240) Image search: [Google]
1468805025632.jpg
23 KB, 313x240
>>48340927
Got booted from a game because the party tried to kill a powerful figure and destroy our entire legion and they didn't include me in on it. So when they got I got dragged along and we all got the hell kicked out of us by the emperors companions. I bitched them out shortly afterward for beimg dumbasses and "should atleast use your gene enhanced brains for something outside of hitting it against xenos scum". A few days later I got a call from the dm saying they took a vote and booted me out.
>>
File: magicalrealm.gif (1 MB, 1446x1452) Image search: [Google]
magicalrealm.gif
1 MB, 1446x1452
>>48341831
>>
>>48340927
>got a group together to do a oneshot
>weird older guy joins in
>week later he leaves before we even come up with a time because he has to take care of his grandkids or something
>deletes his character sheet
>also every version of the rules I had on the google drive and also a random other file I had
>what.jpg

not really ruined, but it was weird.
>>
>>48341766
>>48341831
He wanted my warforged to look like a china doll, I wanted it to look like a robot, he seemed okay with it when we made the character but kept dropping "hints" that I should change it "if I wanted to", until I eventually said I did not want to play that and should I just make a new character that he wouldn't be pressuring me to change all the time, and then he booted me.
>>
>>48341811
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, not sure of context or which episode. Detectives with superpowers battling gentlemen thieves, also with superpowers. It is NOT what you expect given that description (just look at that gif). Wasted potential as far as 'a magical detective show goes but I loved it for the humour and characters,
>>
>>48342699
That is from season 2 aka best season before they started to proper plot...if you want magical detectives though play the games.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.