[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Foils
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 2145125125.gif (571 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
2145125125.gif
571 KB, 240x180
Hi there /tg/!
Excuse my lack of terminology, but what are these kind of foils called? (gif related)
And where do I find more of them? I want more of them but I don't know when they were first produced

Will try to find some more relevant gifs/pictures
>>
>>48321804
Altered art/extended art alter.

They are fan made.
>>
File: Reanimate foil.gif (4 MB, 270x329) Image search: [Google]
Reanimate foil.gif
4 MB, 270x329
>>48321987
No, not that. I know that gif I posted is fan made due to the wings sticking out of the card, but I wasn't talking about that.

I'm talking about cards which aren't fully foiled, just some parts of it (like this gif I just made)
>>
>>48322127
It's a foil peel, you have to do a special process
>>
>>48322127
Depends on the foiling process.

Some cards use a literal foiling. Some have ink overlapping the shiny back.

The art itself varies. Before the printing process wizards will format what parts of the art or background will shine more than others.
>>
>>48322127
>>48322937

To add. If you are wanting to make custom foil cards the best way is to buy standard legal foils (easiest) and tape the card along the boarders on a flat surface with masking tape.

Then use acetone to wipe off all the Ink.
>>
>>48322127
In mtg there aren't many names for foil. If you look up Yugioh and Pokemon, there are many kinds of foils, reverse foils, ghost foils.

They call it Holofoil when the shine is on the card art, reverse holo is when the background(like the background on GIft of Orzhova)...
>>
>>48322127
>>48322970
Pokemon has a really cool foil on some cards that have texture, as you can see on the pic, it has some etchings, which is really good to feel on the hand.
>>
>>48323043
It seems like most JP card games put texture on the cards.
>>48322963
why do you buy standard foils? Why not bulk commons or somesuch? Is it something to do with the card material being different?
>>
>>48323200
Foil cards are built like this:
>Background Paper
>Foil
>Printed plastic

You can either use acetone to remove the ink from the printed plastic, or pull the foil to have a complete blank card with background. Non foil cards doesn't have the foil sheet, and the print is on paper instead of plastic, so you can't remove the ink.
>>
>>48322898
Okay, I looked that up and that's awesome.
Will probably try it.

>>48322937
>>48322963
>>48322970
Alright, so there's no MTG terminology for official >partly< foiled cards
I hope they will release more of these kind of foils though
So pretty to look at
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.