[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 1429280540553.png (951 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1429280540553.png
951 KB, 1024x768
Previous thread
>>48311506

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's fanfiction(nsfw) [Beastiality][Rape][Bondage][HandHolding][Cuckholding][French][WaterSports][InterpretiveDance][31WaysToRoastChicken][Yuri][ProlongedEyecontact][Interspecies][MindBreak][StarwarsChristmasSpecial][GermanEletroYodel]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
Posted my list right as the new one was made. Wew. Reposting:

1/2

Farsight Crisis Cadre
(Everything has Bonding Knife)
Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1469pts) - Farsight Enclaves

HQ (385pts)
Commander (200pts) (Warlord)
XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit
Command and Control Node, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector
(Goes in the Missile Pod unit with Advanced Targeting Systems)

Commander (185pts)
XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit
Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector
(Anti-air and harrasing unit)

Troops (1084pts)
Dual Burst Cannon x 5 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (215pts)
Dual Burst Cannon x 5 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (215pts)
(Mainstay units, anti-horde and screening unit for the Missile teams)

Dual Missile Pod x 6 with Advanced Targeting System - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (336pts)
(Warlord bunker, Semi anti-air, main firepower unit and objective holder)
Dual missile Pod x 6 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (318pts)
(Secondary unit, secondary firepower unit, intended to be used as an additional bunker should the other missile pod unit take too many casualties, objective holder #2)
>>
File: 1444749765838.jpg (169 KB, 1024x663) Image search: [Google]
1444749765838.jpg
169 KB, 1024x663
Praise Slaanesh
>>
>>48320527
2/2

Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (927pts) - Farsight Enclaves

HQ (185pts)
Commander (185pts)
XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit
Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector
(Anti-air and harrasing unit)

Troops (742pts)
Dual Fusion Blaster x 2 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (106pts)
(I have 2 knight players, and half the players in my area uses Superheavies, and generally a ton of high-AV targets, so I need something other than Missile teams to deal with that. Viable to be used against 2+ saves, especially multi-wound T4 models, and can make themselves useful as objective holders otherwise. Will mostly start in reserves)

Dual Plasma x 4 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (212pts)
Dual Plasma x 4 - XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (212pts)
(Anti-MEQ/TEQ units, intended to be the scalpel to the hammer that my missile suits are. Will stay back, and either jump out from behind one of the larger units to do their work, or go around the flank to get to backfield long-range units.)

My main concern is long range firepower, since even 36" isn't really enough to deal with the mass amount of 60"+ range that a lot of the players field, so I am relying heavily on a quick deepstrike in to destroy the threat, or blocking LoS. From what I gather, the players in my area only ever complain about Markerlights, Stormsurges and Riptides (Despite fielding multiple Superheavies themselves), so I am kinda worried that I am lacking the tools to properly deal with them, or survive their shooting phases. I just really wanted to try a super-mobile army of nothing but crisis suits, I just need to figure out where the weaknesses lie, and how I can play around it.
>>
File: IMG_02911.png (3 MB, 1561x1060) Image search: [Google]
IMG_02911.png
3 MB, 1561x1060
Claiming this thread for the Scions of Mars
>>
>>48320530
>>48320538
>>
>>48320518
The biggest problem is the absurdly unremovable FNP
Other FNPs on basic aren't so broken, you can remove them with ID so stock up on S8.
Oldcron RP wasn't so bad, if you removed the entire unit they didn't get to reanimate.
But newcron RP doesn't get removed on ID (only goes down 1), and it's hilariously easy to get high FNP on top of a unit that already has fine saves and Toughness.
>>
>>48320538
That one guy's held the same pose for 10 millenia
>>
>>48320562
Exactly.

A 4+, reroll 1s, makes them absurdly diffuclt to punch through, and even S:D allows them a 5+ rerolls 1s, which is a completely stupid amount of protection on your normal troops.

Even their guns are absurdly strong, from "multiwounds" to "I will glance your Landraider to death with a random troop unit, lol", making them an insanely powerful choice in any kind of casual meta.

They might drop off compared to Scatbike/Ridiculous Psychic powers/Free shit on everything bullshit that other armies get, but that only applies to the most competitive of metas.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 439x290
>>48320621

Can't take FNP against the D.
>>
>>48320655
Reanimation Protocol is not Feel no Pain.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1204x344) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1204x344
>>48320659
>>
File: StickItImage_1468767876249.jpg (272 KB, 1024x676) Image search: [Google]
StickItImage_1468767876249.jpg
272 KB, 1024x676
>>48320659
>>
>>48320680

This is part of an overall issue with consistency. Strictly speaking, "D3 wounds counts as S10 for instant death purposes unless you roll a 6" should allow T6+ things to take FNP and RP... But they they add a "Nope!" clause.
>>
So continuing from the last thread, i'm looking to get into this game.

I guess my main qualities I'm looking for in an army are tactical versatility (even better if you can use the same units in multiple different ways once on the battlefield) and appealing lore (i'm not a fan of space marines, they seem overdone).
>>
Going against Tau tomorrow. Competitive lists. Shall I bring skyhammer or centstar?

Probably could fit in both in 1500 points, but then my maelstrom cabability suffers.
>>
>>48320941
Admech, guard, eldar, and tau fit the bill. Tau/eldar if you just want to win.
>>
>>48320993
Nvm, remove tau from the list. Their Fluff is garbage after 5th edition.
>>
How do you fluff your dudes?
>>
File: wh06.jpg (248 KB, 1024x731) Image search: [Google]
wh06.jpg
248 KB, 1024x731
I've read the Blood Angels codex is underwhelming but how are Dark Angels right now?
>>
>>48320953
First things first, what chapter do you play?
>>
>>48321000

Nah, Tau fluff is pretty solid for the most part. The Stormsurge is absolute shit, but other than that it's pretty much fine.

Get some people being really pissy about their best general taking down a chapter master, but that's because SPESS MREENS BESTEREST UNSTOOPABLE
>>
>>48321079
If you remove koyfish and monkey? Maybe. But, other then that its pretty shite mate.
>>
>>48321079
There was also all the fanwanking that happened past a chapter master but it seems fine to just try to make it seem that its only sm players crying "muh mureen"
>>
>>48321040
They're pretty weak now too.

You still can't get drop pods but you have dinobots and two Khorne supplements to choose from.
>>
>>48320993
How about chaos demons?

Right now I'm just reading through the tacticas on 1d4chan.
>>
>>48321079
>>48321133
Their lore is unforgivably bland when we have giant knights in armour roaming around protecting peasants from space locusts. They could have had their alliance of aliens angle but that took a backseat to 'our technology can solve this problem in 1.5 paragraphs'.
>>
>>48320729
>gives false information
>Gets called out on it
>Lelmemeimage repost
You are still wrong, but alright.

It is true that you can't take RP against S:D, but RP =/= FnP, so stop telling people that. They'll start believing they can strip RP through the usual means, and start arguments at the table, all because some faggot kept feeding them misinformation.
>>
>>48320746
It also makes it somewhat odd to have the Eldar Distort rules specify that they only count as S4... which makes no fucking difference when they are still S:D.
>>
>>48321173
They need an entire supplement/codex of alien factions. Vespids, Kroot, and all the other auxilaries without models at the moment. Give the Kroot the spotlight for a bit, maybe I'd finally buy dinosaur mounts.
>>
>>48321230
Fuck that, tau have enough shit. Do something with the other codex. Tau do not need more options.
>>
>>48321253
>Tau do not need more options.
So you prefer seeing Riptides and Stormsurges in all games?

Fuck man, I'd love a Supplement similar to Dark Eldar Covens, where you cannot take suits at all, but just have a ton of Auxillaries and a few Fire Warrior units (Strikers, Breachers and Pathfinders, maybe a HQ like Fireblade) and then options for Kroot, Vespid and more of their fluff allies without rules.
>>
File: 1411402102645.jpg (7 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1411402102645.jpg
7 KB, 250x242
>>48320507

>it's another 'Forge World Open Day covering nothing but Horus Heresy' episode
>>
>>48321202
makes it so they don't count as s10 so they're instant killing anything but still drown things in ap2 saves
>>
>>48321173
My favourite angle on Tau fluff, as rare as it is, is the "Tau have no idea what kind of horrible universe they really exist in." Tau being horrified by horrors unknowable to them like daemons, blanks, Dark Eldar monstrosities, etc.

I always felt their utter naivety was crucial to making them work in the setting. It's not always the case though, as we all know.
>>
>>48321253

I think they need to flesh out the different Septs a bit more.
>>
>>48321294
I liked in the one supplement where the killed the space marine chapter master or whatever and thought that he was the emperor and that they'd broken the back of the imperium. Meanwhile...battlegroup 594949303949 was being sent to deal with them.
>>
>>48321275
There's big Tau suits, Admech stuff for the new IA and Bloodbowl from what I can see people posting.
>>
>>48321319
What?

What supplement was that? I only recall them killing one Chapter Master, and the Tau didn't seemed to react far less to it than the Marines did, outside of the propaganda bullshit they spewed to the populace
>>
>>48321312
>>48321274
Its not that there aren't way you could expand on tau stuff, it's the the opportunity cost would be ignoring races that still need a ton of work.
>>
>>48321322
Care to link? I cant seem to find any real shit
>>
>>48321079
The main problem with Tau is how stupid they are in the setting, and within their own fluff.

>inb4 hur dur muh grimdark

The real issue is that the Codex writers present a neat idea, but do everything to move around it- A communist style Empire working at all costs for the greater good, and does whatever (no matter how horrible) is required to achieve that goal. In their case, this means brainwashing, sterilizing, and secret-police murdering anyone that gets in their way, and hiding back and sniping on the battlefield. To me, that's pretty cool. But then they change it, and try to cover it all up, not just in a "the Tau try to hide it" but as in GW itself conceals it. If they really are totally dedicated to their greater good, tau would be open about the fact they do it, like the Imperium with Servitors and all the other insane shit they do. But instead, all that comes out is a bland, half-baked Anime heroes army that functions totally disingenuous to its own concept and 90% of the time (thanks in no small part to many of the cancerous players that obsess over Tau) also does a holier-than-thou thing in a universe where everyone admits straight off they either hate you, will kill you, will rape you to death, or will just eat you to make copies of themselves.
>>
>>48321294
I thought when Farsight ran into daemons things would get interesting but they somehow drive them back into the warp rift and then it's sort of 'well I guess those were weird huh' and it was forgotten about. And no, one lad having a C'tan/necron sword isn't a justification as to how they managed that.
>>
>>48321322
>big Tau suits
Gonna need a link to that.
>>
>>48321150

Like what? The event where they lost their main HQ and suffered billions of casualties whilst having their expansion stymied? You have no concept of fanwank if Tau are your main complaint. No one on /tg/ made a fuss about the semi-recent fluff about a regular deathwatch marine killing an entire Seer Council on his own, but you did spend weeks crying about a CM getting duped with a bait and switch, one of the least wanky HQ deaths I can think of.

When Marines sergeants are killing warbosses with combat knives and CMs punching Avatars and Swarmlords to death, because lolplotarmour, marines are the last faction in 40k that gets to whine about "fanwank". Take it like a man pansy.
>>
>>48321374
>but they somehow drive them back into the warp rift
>And no, one lad having a C'tan/necron sword isn't a justification as to how they managed that.
Farsight Enclaves saw them once, and from what I remember, Farsight had a few scientist look into it, but nothing came of it, because they had nothing to look at, nothing to analyze, and no further encounters to figure out a pattern. GW should have kept throwing demons at them.

But don't make it sound as it is is preposterous that they killed a few demons. This wasn't a full-scale invasion, it was just a hotspot for Khorne, where a handful of demons spawned. Demons aren't "We appear, we win" levels of bullshit. They have been stopped quite often with nothing but superior firepower, and the Tau outnumbered them by a large margin, so it wasn't really weird that they won.

GW just missed a prime opportunity to make Demons mess with Tau a bit more.
>>
>>48321449

Don't Daemons see the Tau souls as faint will-o'-the-wisp?
>>
>>48321364

The only problem here is you failed to understand a simple premise and then got mad when the faction failed to conform to a premise YOU made up. They've never been communist themed. They have been, since the start, the naive race that is slowly discovering just how bad the universe is. That's their theme and they do it well, giving a new fresh, horrific perspective on an old setting, but feel free to be that fucking guy that is STILL making 'hurr duur y no grimdurk?' posts.
>>
>>48321480
Yeah, they very poorly sense their souls (same as anyone who could sense a soul/warp presence really, Tau just barely have it, like same level as a random farm animal), but daemons also manifest eyes that they can use to see the Tau perfectly well with.
>>
>>48321480
Probably the reason they don't bother much with the Tau. From what I remember from that short segment, they tried messing with an ethereal, but ended up killing him. They tried to mess with some of the troops, but just made them flee the battle instead of corrupting them.

They don't have much to gain from fighting against Tau (Other than blood in the case of Khorne), so they might as well not bother, unless it happens to be convenient.
>>
>>48321480
Yes, they have little connection to the Warp, likely because only a soulless abomination would refuse a good round of melee.
>>
>>48321364
>In their case, this means brainwashing, sterilizing, and secret-police murdering anyone that gets in their way, and hiding back and sniping on the battlefield. To me, that's pretty cool. But then they change it, and try to cover it all up, not just in a "the Tau try to hide it" but as in GW itself conceals it
Everything you listed was
Fanwank
Vaguely hinted at
Or from DoW (not canon)

They were always noblebright in a grimdark world, the sterilization camps and shit were just latched onto by /tg/ trying to grimderp them.
>>
Should I buy the Mark IV armor kit off GW to use the World Eater conversion on? I'm wanting to make some super kickass Zerks, and that seems like a good ticket for it.
>>
>>48321480
>tfw the tau are so useless even daemons ignore them
>>
>>48321480
Yes. Doesn't mean they didn't get their asses kicked by the Word Bearers anyways. In fact it's basically canon that Tau gets torn to shreds by Chaos every time they fight each other.
>>
>>48321570
GW wasn't /that/ subtle about it. One of the Last Chancers novels had tau co-operating with the IoM to kill a popular commander that wanted to capture more land than the ethereal caste had decided on.
>>
>>48321570
>vaguely hinted at
That's my point. Sure, some stuff was made up, and to repeat, I'm not advocating for grimderp overload, just something to flush it out. Like the Vespids are mentioned as being mind-controlled by Ethereals, but they do nothing with it. The overload of Star Trek style innocence wasn't a bad idea, but mixing in hints of grimdark makes it look either like
a) lazy writers didn't follow up on their army because people demanded some grimdark, and they didn't blend it right
or
b) Tau players rejected the idea of anything being not morally black and white so they cover it up as much as possible

And in my experience, it's a mix of both. The grim darkness fans say that Tau should have at least some, so they do, but the cancer tier Tau players try to erase anything from their 'noble bright' existence. All I suggest is more insight into Tau society (a thing SEVERELY lacking everywhere, especially considering the sizeable Tau fan base) so we can see if it's all a lie or they really are innocents, or a Covenant style little bit of both.
>>
>>48321689
To be fair in all this, the Tau empire is going to fail no matter what. They can't survive against the Tyranids without allies, no one but Cato Sicarius and his magic potato can, and they have no ability to handle the threats of Chaos. When the Final Battle of Humanity comes and the Primarchs return, Tau will be stamped out as a sidenote in the biggest war that has ever happened.
>>
>>48321059

Any. I've got a custom color scheme. I fell in love with Angels of Death formations and wanted to try all of them at some point so I made my marines so that they can be anything. I've mostly played Raven Guard lately. I also have like 2k of GK.
>>
>>48321364

Why not expand the hints of being uplifted by an alien species for some purpose? Could be also a good way to explain their strokes of luck.
>>
>>48321658
>In fact it's basically canon that Tau gets torn to shreds by Chaos every time they fight each other.

Yeah, seems to be a great irony of the setting that doing psyker shit makes you vulnerable to Daemons, but without it psyker defenses they'll also wreck your shit.

Council of Nikaea BTFO
>>
>>48321689
No actually, when you say
>this means brainwashing, sterilizing, and secret-police murdering anyone that gets in their way
You're straight up making shit up. Nowhere is it stated that any of that is true. There are possibilities hinting that this might be true, but of fucking course the writers didn't "follow up with" or "flesh out" what was supposed to be background rumors on an otherwise Noblebright shell. You are fucking deluded if you don't realize that Tau have never been grimdark, and that them "doing nothing with" the grimdark hints it just staying true to the lore. You might as well have a follow-up on Eldar-Human hybrids, since those are also "hinted" at in the DEldar lore.
>>
>>48321751
I personally really like that one, it explains the startling advance in technology and removes the whole "hur dur Tau are so smart humanity is retards" thing. And if they did put in these F̶o̶r̶e̶r̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶s̶ P̶r̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ P̶r̶e̶c̶u̶r̶s̶o̶r̶s̶ totally original aliens in, (Why not Old Ones maybe?) it makes easy Segway into learning about the depths of Tau Culture.
>>
File: 1457789308825.jpg (59 KB, 640x915) Image search: [Google]
1457789308825.jpg
59 KB, 640x915
>20 CSM with 2 CCW and MoK costs 310 pts
>20 30k WE Assault Marines cost 305 pts and they come with Rage, Hatred, Jump Packs and +1S AP4 chain axes
Yeah, sorry but I'm jumping to the 30k wagon. I just can't take this shit anymore
>>
>>48321728
The weirdest part, though, is that it hasn't happened yet. With all the Tau players out there, why hasn't GW put out a book or two about the civilization itself? It's not like them to pass up easy money, or any money for that matter.
>>
File: Neo-Berzerker #1.jpg (174 KB, 550x1547) Image search: [Google]
Neo-Berzerker #1.jpg
174 KB, 550x1547
>>48321608
>I'm wanting to make some super kickass Zerks, and that seems like a good ticket for it.
I find the Assault Marine box to be more fitting myself
>>
File: knightiskill.jpg (90 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
knightiskill.jpg
90 KB, 500x333
>>48321833
Youtube has a bunch of videos showing how it's done, here's one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYJYEudj5FM
>>
File: Neo-Berzerker #5 Finished.jpg (549 KB, 817x3541) Image search: [Google]
Neo-Berzerker #5 Finished.jpg
549 KB, 817x3541
>>48321885
Shit, meant to post this one. But come to think of it, why not both?
>>
>>48321878
>hey bob wanna write a book about the tau empire? we haven't talked much about them
>fuck off with that weaboo shit. now check this out i'm writing a book about the 5th company captain of the maximus marines. he's the youngest commander ever at 500 years, knows how to knit, killed an ork warboss with a spoon, and is bffs with the head admech guy
>but we always write about your mary sue marines
>yeah but fuck anime and i'm in charge
>>
>>48321658
>Exterminates them at a Khorne alter, cleansing it
>Kills a Slaneesh warband leader without any significant casualties

Sure, they sure are torn to shreds.

>>48321570
Remember how GW lore works. They make a ton of lore, often contradicting, because it allows the players to say "this is how the lore behind my army is", without it being a completely clash against the lore. The "lore clashing" is mostly protected against by Ally rules (So Chaos Tau, for example.)
>>
>>48321885

that arm looks weak af for a berserker
>>
>>48321863
You know you can run 30k in 40k, right?

Most CSM players are doing that these days. At least in my area.
>>
>>48321998
But it is in scale with the armoured one (and body to some extent), or do you think power armor is this as a tissue paper?
>>
>>48322025
>this as a tissue paper?
Thin as...
>>
Got a nova game at my LGS.
Ork player.
Ork decurion.
Battle wagon with a suppa kannon for my nobz, Y/N? They'd be the ones without the forced waaagh banner Also, Should I be using trukk boyz or footslogging?
>>
Speaking of Tau...
>tfw Kroot will never be a viable army on their own

If I was going to start Tau for some godforsaken reason (I might have to, as my brother fucking loves them but is poor and if I want to get him into 40K I'll probably have to split the cost with him. At least he like the auxiliaries idea.) then I'd want to grab as many Kroot as possible and make it a sort of Kroot hunting party or at least an auxiliary led by a few Fire Caste nobodies. Does Angkor Prok or whatever his name is have any recent rules, or is it just the ancient ones from way back when?

Also, I don't really pay much attention to Tau and haven't since their first codex (the last one I actually read in full). Are there any good fluff pieces focusing on the Kroot? I remember the very short blurb where they eat a bunch of Eldar while they're still alive, that's about it though. Or, where should I look to see more on how Shapers and evolving works? AFAIK it's just "eat one dog, now you go fast. eat ten dogs, you are now dog."
>>
File: image.png (5 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 MB, 1536x2048
>>48321836
>"Rumors have circulated ever since about the true function of these headsets"
>literally right after they give up their whole culture

That's called hinting, anon. You may not know about it in your golden morality throne, but the reason it exists here is that people like can still claim Tau are "tooootally without fault" while the big kids talk about more interesting things. Plus you have to have at least an IQ downward of 30 if you think an army that hadn't left its system, which was totally unopposed, less than a thousand years ago can successfully fight off daemons, death bots, orks, and all the fucking shit of humanity without some shady stuff in the back. Go back to your basement, you mong
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
>>48321931
Such is life when not Marines/Eldar
>>
>>48321836
>Brainwashing
Hinted at with the Vespid. The first time the 6e codex mentions Vespid is just after talking about the Nagi, a race of mind controlling worms that work as advisors to the Ethereals. And the water caste make no headway, until the Ethereals come in and immediately convince them to join the Empire and export their rare magic rocks too.
>Sterilizing
DoW, so had the GW stamp of approval, but to be taken in broader strokes.
>secret-police murdering
The plot of Kill Team.
>>
What are some fun non-chaos aligned armies to mess around with? Plan on getting a small <1000 pt army to play with some friends who are starting to get into it and I'm totally unsure what to start with. Was considering IG or Space Wolves but another friend is already getting a space marine army and I don't want too overlap play style too much.
>>
>>48322138
Get some admech. Pretty fun to play at low points.
>>
>>48322138
Get like, 5 vedros starter boxes, sell the extra hq's, and play spess marine vs orkz
orkz iz da best
>>
>>48322171
Forgot to mention another friend already started Admech and Skitarii. Played against it with my Chaos Daemons gutted down to 500 pts and it seemed solid, just want something fresh though.

Considered orks but I wonder how much of how bad they are is hyperbole
>>
>>48321931
>hey bob wanna write a book about the tau empire background fluff? we haven't talked much about them
>fuck off with that boring shit. now check this out i'm writing a book about the second pupil of puretide, ShadowSun. she's the youngest commander ever at 18 years, knows how to weld, killed an chalter master with a spoon, and is bffs with farsight.
>but we always write about your mary sues
>yeah but fuck you and i'm in charge
>>
>>48321375
its just Tau'nar. Riptide-variants and old Hazard Suits. Nothing new really.
>>
>>48322138
Imperial Guard is really fun and versatile, pick up their start collecting and the Stormtroopers one, it'll be fun for small casual games.
>>
>>48320659
Stop.
>>
Hey; I'm looking for a picture of some guardsmen sitting together. Doesn't matter what the setting is, but there should be at least four of them and they should ideally be the oldest-looking you can find. Thanks.
>>
People say not to mix special weapons, to use more of them in one squad. Problem is that the boxes usually contain only one of each. So what are you to do when you are jot planning on buying more of the same squad?
>>
>>48322309
buy bitz
>>
>>48321274
>So you prefer seeing Riptides and Stormsurges in all games

You have other options you insufferable faggot, they just arent good enough compared to your suits. So you faggots all spam suits.

What you really mean by 'more options' is that you want access to OP melee suits, and OP whatever else. Because your codex is full of other units, they just dont afford you the absurdly stupid advantages that Taufaggots are accustomed to having. Please consider suicide.
>>
hey so I'm painting marines for funsies and in the fluff I have there are two relic-ish weapons to distribute. Should both go to the chapter master or can a capitan hold one? Hammer and Combi Melta
>>
>>48321449
>I'm a plot armor defending Taufag
>>
>>48322353
One relic per model, as of the FAQ
>>
>>48322306
You don't realise how rare of a picture of guardsmen sitting down is. I think two-three exist
>>
>>48322410
Fluff wise its acceptable? I guess thats what Im really looking for
>>
File: StickItImage_1468776621753.jpg (351 KB, 1024x703) Image search: [Google]
StickItImage_1468776621753.jpg
351 KB, 1024x703
>>48322306
>>
>>48322023
That works until you start winning, at which point the local Tau player starts agitating about it being unfair.
>>
>>48322427
Thanks.
>>
>>48322487
Not enough
>>
>>48320538
IA14 WHEN?
>>
>>48322487
Don't know whether or njot you're the same guy as >>48322487, so thanks again.
>>
>>48322436
Fluffwise, yeah, go nuts.
>>
>>48322309
Buy bits online, trade with another player, get good with converting.

It's pretty easy to make Plasma Guns and Combi-Plasmas out of the spare plasma pistols that you'll be accruing.
>>
File: StickItImage_1468776847599.jpg (358 KB, 1024x703) Image search: [Google]
StickItImage_1468776847599.jpg
358 KB, 1024x703
>>48322508
>>
>>48322349
>Literally talks about a supplement without suits
>What you really mean by 'more options' is that you want access to OP melee suits
Thank god for your perfected reading comprehension. Otherwise you might have misunderstood the post.
>>
>>48322517
np
>>
>>48322493
Literally no one complains here, including the Tau players.

I am actually convinced these fabled "butthurt Tau players" doesn't exist in real life, because I have seen a ton of them, and no one has ever complained about another army, except for Eldar, but even Eldar players agree that Eldar are bullshit.
>>
Would an auxiallary themed Tau supplement be awesome? Of course. It's just not as pressing as updates for CSM, Dark Eldar, Orks, and Tyranids. Blood Angels also need their decurion, Necrons need their options back, and IG need their decurion.
>>
>>48322604
Goto facebook after warhammers post about the tau faq.
>>
>>48322619
>IG need their decurion.

We have one. Its just garbage. Thanks Monkfish.
>>
>>48322279
Stop what?

Claiming that two seperate rules are indeed two seperate rules?

Remember you are the one bringing this up again, after it had been left alone for 2 hours.
>>
>>48322636
Cadian's got a detachment. AM needs an Angels of Death style book with detachments and formations for Cadians, Catachans, Elysians, Kriegers, and Vostroyans.
>>
>>48322621
Fuck your Facebook shit.

But all the posted comments I have seen have all been pretty valid questions and concerns, since some of the changes are contradictory to earlier FAQs
>>
>>48321040
Dark angels are great if you like bikes, pretty good if you like marines and shit if you like terminators.
>>
>>48321040
Dark Angels are perfectly fine, aside from Deathwing.

Dark Angels players are always whining that they aren't as good as Codex: Adeptes Astartes, but that's pretty much always true of the Space Marine subdexes.
>>
>>48322959
I've honestly never seen a DA player suggest they're not on par with SM here. Not since the new codex came out anyway.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>48322604
>>48322694
>Literally no one complains here, including the Tau players.
>implying
>>
File: 1454214838235.gif (598 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1454214838235.gif
598 KB, 320x240
>>48323289
>>
>>48323289
Explain this rule. What does "anchored" mean? The whole tank shock shenanigans
>>
>>48323289
It wouldn't have been a problem if it had just been a walker. The arguement kind of falls to the ground when you realise that you can simply not anchor it and that it is actually just fine without anchoring it. It´s your own fault if it dies to a tank shock.

I don´t think this open hostility toward Tau players is positive though, it merely furthers the distance between the downtrodden normies and the aloof power armies. Revelling in your armies unbalance is certainly disgusting, but I can´t really blame him when the community as a whole hates him.
>>
File: SS.png (916 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
SS.png
916 KB, 700x933
>>48323486
>>
>>48323486
A Tau gargantuan creature can use an ability that makes it unnable to move for any reason, if it does it gets to fire twice in its next shooting phase. When a model is unable to move after getting tank shocked it is removed from play. When a gargantuan would be removed from play it instead just suffers d3 wounds.

I suppose the reason it dies is because the situation isn´t resolved and so it takes infinity * d3 wounds.
>>
>>48323494
Tau present many reasons to dislike the faction, it's players included. From past 'tactics' ala Fish of Fury to today's nonsense. At this stage a new Tau player will develop a siege mentality thanks to crimes of their fore bearers. While I can empathise, I do not sympathise.
>>
>>48323522
>I suppose the reason it dies is because the situation isn´t resolved and so it takes infinity * d3 wounds.
Essentialy. The D3 wounds are caused by being unable to move, but, assuming the wounds don't kill it, the stormsurge is still there, which restarts the process.
I mean, I'd be fine with giving it D3 wounds, but it'll keep getting wounds until it's dead, and having to keep rolling until it's dead seems like a waste of everyone's time, as we know what the outcome will be.
>>
>>48323494
It would be nice if people could enjoy the game rather than enjoy upsetting others for their choice of army.
>>
Gentlemen, I present to you the Haast's Eagle. What kind of Death World would they live on? New Zealand in space?
>>
>>48321166
They're very strong and very weird.

They're an army without any real shooting which is like a race horse without legs but they're so overpowered in every other way they end up being good. They focus on melee, magic and have big monsters with the best stats in the game.
>>
what's a good way to run a daemon prince? trying to do slaanesh lv3, wings, armor, whip and powers on telekensis (for some anti tank help) doesn't do much good since they're all short ranged then the prince goes down like a bitch. i'm also out 300 points or so. should i just go for biomancy always?
>>
>>48322220
They're pretty bad

To be fair, Space Wolves don't have very similar tactics to ordinary Space Marines if you're worried about that.

But Imperial Guard are a great army with a lot of different ways to play (they're firmly mid-tier competitively), and the Start Collecting is ok (The Commisar and Heavy Weapons team are basically a tax though). The Tempestus Scions start collecting is dope though.
>>
File: 20160717_003447.jpg (4 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160717_003447.jpg
4 MB, 4128x2322
>Game last night as IG vs Tau
>Always salty about my Artillery carriages and planes, so I run none of those. (His only Riptide is an R'varna)
>Tank tanks tank!
>He seizes the initiative and just about tables me by turn 2.
>Turn 3, I've only killed a single Stealth suit
>Last ditch attempt to get at least 1 vp, Prescience my Battle tonk to pie plate his warlord
>Scatter like mad, Reroll a direct hit
>3 1's to wound

I just sat down. I knew what I was getting into. Most interesting thing was an assault phase between a scout drone and 6 guardsmen that went for 4 rounds with nobody dying.

Anyone else have any good games lately?

(Table is a work in progress. Trying to get a layout going before we commit to building it)
>>
>>48322688
What I would give for this...

Though replace Krieg with Steel Legion for Forge World reasons.
>>
>>48323844

Low-grav planet similar to Harakoni. It doesn't have to be a Death World, lots of non-DW planets have xeno-megafauna.
>>
>>48323892
>should i just go for biomancy
Pretty much. He's a 300 point T5 model. He really, really wants Iron Arm and/or Endurance. Life Leech can be pretty helpful as well, and Warp Speed boosts his lethality by a far margin. Enfeeble is just pure sex. Haemorrhage is the only one that you really don't want to get.

Telepathy is another good choice. Shrouding and Invisibility are ace, and Shriek is the best Witchfire in the core book. Unfortunately the rest of the discipline is mediocre to terrible.

Telekinesis is okay, with a pretty even mix of good powers and shitty ones. The primaris being crap is a bit of a letdown though.

With my DP's I usually just throw everything on Biomancy, maybe throwing one on Telepathy for Shriek.
>>
>>48324005
>I just sat down. I knew what I was getting into. Most interesting thing was an assault phase between a scout drone and 6 guardsmen that went for 4 rounds with nobody dying.

Fucking kek. I am now picturing six guardsmen wildly swinging their flashlight-rifle butts in the air, trying to hit the scout drone as it harmlessly bounces off of one guardman skull or another in an attempt to pursue the Greater Good.
>>
>>48324029
>It doesn't have to be a Death World
>planet that has eagles that eat humans
>not death world
>>
>>48324005
Details, man! How many tanks did you bring? How much AT did he bring? What was your infantry count? What was the game type and deployment?
>>
>>48324086

>New Zealand was a Death World until 10000~ years ago

It depends on
A) are the eagles the only thing eating humans?
B) how often do they actually eat people?

Otherwise Earth is a death world since lions eat Indian villagers sometimes and sharks are liable to tear you in half
>>
>>48324086
>Just human eating birds
>A death world
>>
>>48324086
A death world is a place where humanity is not the apex predator or cannot live naturally. Everything in Catachan is trying to kill you, from bugs to the fucking leafs, a world with big birds isnt any different than Earth with big cats that sometimes kill humans.
>>
>>48324121
>It depends on
>A) are the eagles the only thing eating humans?
>B) how often do they actually eat people?
>>48324140
>>48324185
I didn't think this through.
>>
File: the birds.jpg (47 KB, 472x323) Image search: [Google]
the birds.jpg
47 KB, 472x323
>>48324005
my daemons got smacked by a fluffy 1k sons list at 8-5 his favor. i did out do him in the psychic phase due to having 15 to his 6. the 2 squads of seekers did their job of being distractions (1 squad while invisible crushed a 1k son squad and a weakened warp talon squad). my keeper chopped up some deep striking helbrutes that blew up my soulgrinder and skullcannon.

he beat me on tactical objectives, keep my keeper away from the front lines, whittled down my seekers and endured a lot. in short i was outplayed.

>>48324033
biomancy it is then

>>48324200
instead of just a few have them outnumber the people. terrain heavily favors the birds and mankind must hide in caves. something something everything in the caves is trying to eat them and slightly less dangerous
>>
>>48324200
>I didn't think this through.
Don't worry about it. Worry instead about the Adeptus Administration official who wants to know how that world was missregistered.
>>
>>48324110
I'm going to tell you right now. My list was in my opinion, garbage.

HQ:
3x Tech priest 5 Servitors
Primaris Psyker lvl 2
Pask Vanquisher - Battle tank buddy

Troop:
1 Melta vet squad in a chimera

1 Vet squad stock. Dismounted them to protect my psyker, and the chimera was given to my Tech priests to keep up with my Tanks

HS:
Stock Battle Tonk
Executioner - Plasma sponsons
Death Strike

LoW:
Macharius Vulcan

so 5 Tanks, 2 Transports.

I warned him ahead of time, that I'd be running a tank army, so he wouldn't come with shit loads of kroot or something. He came with Stealth squad supporting Shadowsun, a Ghost Keel alone, 2 hammerheads (Longstrike), R'varna sitting on top of a building shitting on my Macharius the entire game. 2 Devilfish moving his infantry forward. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but overall both of our lists were pretty mediocre. My initial deployment wasn't very good either, because I wasn't expecting him to steal initiative.

It was Corner to Corner, 3 random objectives. Pask brought to 1 HP, immobilized, and stunned on turn 1 by broadsides and infiltrating stealth suits. My Tech priests couldn't get to him in time. The Macharius lived far longer than expected, and was one of my last units to die due to my Tech Priests molesting it the entire game. Until it exploded on death, killing them. Moral of this story, is I relied too much on my Artillery and Planes in the past, and don't really know how to keep my tanks alive.
>>
>>48323889
Do they offer a lot of versatility with their units?
>>
>>48324279
>instead of just a few have them outnumber the people. terrain heavily favors the birds and mankind must hide in caves. something something everything in the caves is trying to eat them and slightly less dangerous
I was thinking about that, but I was also thinking about the (smaller) birds doing something like Asian Honey Bee to take down things too tough for them.
>>
>>48321029
They are Space Marines that employ scouts, bikers and jump packs to act as a sort of lightning strike / covering fire for the Imperial Guard, preferring to fight alongside their fellow man instead of chop them up over stupid shit.
>>
File: Catachan_Male_Trooper.jpg (200 KB, 535x1245) Image search: [Google]
Catachan_Male_Trooper.jpg
200 KB, 535x1245
>>48324303
A Catachan didn't consider it too dangerous?
>>
>>48324391
The planet or the bureaucat?
>>
>>48324435
Both.
>>
>>48324320
A good amount, other than most khorne units which are mostly "KILL, CRUSH, DESTROY" most units are pretty flexible.

You have daemon engines and a cannon to blast enemies and Tzeentch with magic shooting, flying daemons with shooting everywhere but your main tactic will mostly be to get close and tear them apart.

They're a pretty random army though, how much you enjoy them depends how much you like to gamble on your dice rolls.
>>
>>48324451
The absolute mad man.
>>
>>48324451
The Planet can kill you, the bureaucrat can make it so that you never existed, by mistake.
>>
>>48324562
>The bureaucat can kill the planet by mistake
FTFY
>>
File: Catchman_Fighters_and_Ogryns.jpg (128 KB, 720x473) Image search: [Google]
Catchman_Fighters_and_Ogryns.jpg
128 KB, 720x473
>>48324543
They have a sick sense of humor. Just like their planet.
>>48324562
True, but first the bureaucrat will have to go through the planet.
>>
>Tau cease to exist
>FW no longer dedicated to making anime models
>FW now expand the other armies

It would be glorious, but instead we get more riptides!
>>
>>48324641
On every level, the Tau were a mistake.
>>
>>48324641
it's almost like the stuff they were making before didn't make FW/GW much money or were popular or worthwhile
>>
>>48324641
>>48324667
Soon.
>>
>>48324641

>FW now expand the other armies

By other armies, you mean Imperium, don't you?
>>
>>48324731
We still need the Adeptus Arbrits and Custodians to be playable, then we can get back to trying to get people to buy the Sisters of Battle.
>>
File: hot_buns_by_ozu_kenji-d5kfy0b.jpg (117 KB, 889x899) Image search: [Google]
hot_buns_by_ozu_kenji-d5kfy0b.jpg
117 KB, 889x899
>>48324731
The Sisters could use some love.
>>
>>48324731
>Because FW only does tau and Imperium stuff

check yourself
>>
>>48324787
>>48324794
If only. Sisters are going to get absorbed into Mars in 8th edition. It makes no sense lore wise, but it'll happen.
>>
File: icame.jpg (119 KB, 620x775) Image search: [Google]
icame.jpg
119 KB, 620x775
>When you get first turn and your jump pack units get into charge range and roll double 6 for charge and lose no one to overwatch
>>
>>48324794
err yeah, that's not happening any time soon.
>>
File: Sisters_of_Silence_art.jpg (56 KB, 659x525) Image search: [Google]
Sisters_of_Silence_art.jpg
56 KB, 659x525
>>48324827
>>48324847
At least the Sisters of Silence will get some sweet sweet FW loving.
>>
>>48324633
Nope, all it takes is someone to lose or mis-file requests for supplies from a planet and suddenly they might as well not exist. Almost no planets are self-sufficient in 40k, even Forge worlds depend on Agriworlds to get food for the filthy meat slaves.
>>
>>48324731
They've already given us a buttload of cool tank variants. They can give other factions some love, I just want better buffs to the tanks we already got...or a nerf to tau.

Actually that poses a question: Would you rather get a Codex: Tau 8th edition that nerfed them back to normal levels? Or would you prefer they update other armies instead and bring them up to Tau levels (power creep). I can't think of any other way to bring the Tau or Eldar for that matter back into balance: Either give them new codexes or update everyone else. One will get GW accusations of favoritism, the other will earn rage over power creep. I suppose the third option is "Update other codexes without buffing them to Tau levels, nerf tau in a couple years when we get to it." Trouble with that is nothing about the Tau will be fixed for another few months. At best, 8th edition's proposed melee buff would nerf the Tau by proxy.
>>
>>48324787

>Adeptus Arbites
>Army
>>
File: Acastus Knight Porphyrion.jpg (96 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Acastus Knight Porphyrion.jpg
96 KB, 960x720
>>
>>48324827
Actually if we get all the Orks to believe that 8th edition will be Age of 40k then Sisters as a supplement to Keywords Imperial and Ecclesiarchy would have a good likelihood of happening.
>>
>>48324641

But what about the Eldar?
>>
>>48324871
If a force can deal with Hive gangs, then they are more than qualified to deal with Orks
>>
>>48324936
>quote from Arbites slaughtered by Orks
>>
Hey /tg/, anon from >>48311754 here, with a 500 point list. Going to be fighting Admech and Orks mostly, but really I just want a decent all-round list that is fun to play, not one that will always win.

+++ Chulak Guard (500pts) +++

++ Astra Militarum: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Company Command Squad [Flak Armour, Veteran w/ Lasgun]
····Chimera [Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser, Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter]
····Company Commander [Close Combat Weapon, Flak Armour, Orders, Warlord]
········Laspistol [Laspistol]
····Veteran w/ Medi-pack [Lasgun]
····Veteran w/ Regimental Standard [Lasgun, Regimental Standard]
····Veteran w/ Vox-caster [Lasgun]

+ Troops +

Veterans [Flak Armour for Squad, Veteran w/ Grenade Launcher, Veteran w/ Heavy Flamer, 6x Veteran w/ Lasgun]
····Veteran Sergeant [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol]

Veterans [Flak Armour for Squad, Veteran w/ Grenade Launcher, Veteran w/ Heavy Flamer, 6x Veteran w/ Lasgun]

+ Heavy Support +

Leman Russ Squadron
····Battle Tank [2x Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Pintle-mounted Heavy Stubber]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)
>>
File: MFW the LAW.gif (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
MFW the LAW.gif
166 KB, 500x281
>>48324904
It's not that big after all.
>>48324936
>mfw I rolled up an Ork name called Daft Cop
>making some fluff about a Blood Axe Cybork who spent too much time watching the Arbites
>>
>>48324641

>Tau cease to exist
>Every Taufag becomes an Eldarfag.
>>
>>48324904
I approve of the heavy armour plating on the legs, but the lack of a fuck-huge chain/fist weapon is just plain heretical. Someone should call Mars about this blasphemy...
>>
File: 1451227200540.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1451227200540.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>48321164
I see what you did there.
>>
>>48322576
Unit type doesnt matter, the point still stands you faggot. Tau players already have options, they just dont take them because they arent as strong as the 4-5 units every Taufag spams.

You already have options. What you really want are more options on the level of Riptides and Stormsurges. Way to cherry pick the word 'suits' out of anons post - and attempt to discredit the entire point. Typical Taufaggot.
>>
Well, seems forge world open day was a complete dud.
>>
File: CulexusAssassin.jpg (81 KB, 563x383) Image search: [Google]
CulexusAssassin.jpg
81 KB, 563x383
>>48324978
There are ways to crush Eldar scum.
>>
>>48324963
Never bother with Pintle weapons or sponsons with an Ordnance Russ, you'll only ever snap fire them. Use the points you save to give the veterans more special weapons, but not grenade launchers - give them plasma or melta.

Regimental standard I believe does not work inside a Chimera, I may be wrong on that though.

Good framework, but could do with some tightening up. I would recommend giving those vets camo cloaks or carapace if they don't have a transport.
>>
>>48324870
A would prefer a full refresh on all codex probably with Nids, Tau, Guard, Eldar, Orks and Space Marines as the first Keyword alliances books to be made and play tested against each other to make sure that there is a good balance between the armys.
>>
>>48323289
An anchored Stormsurge can be killed by tank shock.

>guess I'll never buy, or field a Stormsurge
>useless unit now
>a Rhino just deletes a Stormsurge now

Forget the fact that anchoring is optional (and by popular opinion, suboptimal). Or that you'd have to let a vehicle cross the table to actually get close enough for a tank shock.

Tau players are so used to being treated like spoiled little girls, the moment they are faced with a rule that doesnt overwhelmingly benefit them - this is their reaction. Just remove these chumps from the game.
>>
>>48324870
You make it sound like Tau and Eldar are the top two armies way ahead of everyone else.

Space Marines are better than Tau right now, and Chaos Demons are definitely up there as well. Tau are no where near as powerful as some of you people make them out to be.

Hell, even Eldar you complain mostly about superheavies, but that is superheavies being dumb, and refusing to play that, especially pre-2k points, is probably the best fix you'll get.
>>
>>48325109

>Tau players are so used to being treated like spoiled little girls
This desu
>>
>>48324963
>>48325022

Good to know! Here's the revised list.

+++ Chulak Guard (500pts) +++

++ Astra Militarum: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Company Command Squad [Flak Armour, 2x Veteran w/ Lasgun]
····Chimera [Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser, Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter]
····Company Commander [Close Combat Weapon, Flak Armour, Orders, Warlord]
········Laspistol [Laspistol]
····Veteran w/ Medi-pack [Lasgun]

+ Troops +

Veterans [Flak Armour for Squad, Forward Sentries, 7x Veteran w/ Lasgun, Veteran w/ Plasma Gun]

Veterans [Flak Armour for Squad, Forward Sentries, 7x Veteran w/ Lasgun, Veteran w/ Plasma Gun]

+ Heavy Support +

Leman Russ Squadron
····Battle Tank [2x Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)
>>
>>48324963
>Chulak Guard
Your dudes all modelled like Serpent Guard?
>>
>>48325109
These people tend to forget that it relies on the Stormsurge failing a Death or Glory, which it can do with S:D missiles, all you need is one pen to cancel the tank shock. This implies of course that Tau haven't already wiped everything from the board come turn 2.
>>
>>48325013
No news about IA14 at all?
>>
>>48325156

Can you blame them for not knowing the rule? I have never seen anyone use Tank Shock/Ramming other than myself. And I did it for shit and giggles.
>>
>>48325156
It'd have to rely on the cannon as you wouldn't have a markerlight to fire the missiles.
>>
>>48325165
Nope, if it isn't HH, Forgeworld doesn't give a single fuck, even if it's indirectly HH.
>>
>>48325184

They can fire the missiles just fine. They just are less powerful.
>>
>>48325013
Details?
>>
1st Company Task Force

Iron Hands

Vanguard Veterans - 250
Jump Packs
2x Grav Pistols for 3 guys
1x Grav Pistol 1x Storm Shield for 2

Vanguard Veterans - 250
Jump Packs

Vanguard Veterans - 250
Jump Packs

Librarius Conclave

Iron Hands

5x Librarians - 575
Jump Packs
ML 2
Combi-Grav
Force Axe

Raven Guard Allied Detachment - 445

HQ - Librarian - 125
ML 2
Armor of Shadows

TROOPS - Tactical Squad - 85
Plasma Gun
Rhino - 35

HEAVY SUPPORT - Devastators - 200
4x Plasma Cannons
+5 Marines

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor - 79
Servo Skulls
Conversion Beamer

1849/1850

I already bought a cheap pile of 20 plasma pistol arms to convert. Will it work tee gee?
>>
>>48325210

Not much that we didn't know already.
>>
>>48325231
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 600x620
>>48325114
>I dont actually play 40k, I just shitpost over my head

Tell us more about how super-heavies are the problem with Eldar.
>>
>>48325203
A single str 8 ap1 shot at BS3 is far less likely to stop a vehicle.
>>
>>48325203
Yeah, way less powerful. All the way down from strength D, to strength 8 ap 1. Poor Tau players.
>>
>>48325294
during death/glory you get 1 attack (ranged or cqc) that automatically hits. it'd be easier just to smash at s10 rerolling failed pen
>>
>>48324936
>Last words of Seargant Anon E Moose
>>
>>48325231
Oh, I thought you were suggesting it was poorly attended or something. Those rotten-toothed limeys always line up out the door for a chance to buy some new resin.
>>
>>48325184

Can't they Stomp in Death or Glory?
>>
>>48325268

Not him, but Scat Bikes wouldn't even be a problem if they were limited to 1 in 3 heavy weapons. They die to a strong breeze, they're only good because 30~ points gets you a JsJ S6 4 shot bike with ob sec. If it were limited to 61 points for 2 12" pseudo-rending assault shots and 1 Scatter Laser, they'd be a lot more reasonable.

The only problem with that is that the sprue has 3 heavy weapons on it already.

Besides, Eldar do have weaknesses. For instance, no Interceptor and no great AA options except fliers. The problem is mostly just that there are a lot of armies that have those same weaknesses plus a bunch of others, and Eldar weaknesses are uncommon strengths (like Poison vs Wraiths, but nobody has Poison really).

tl;dr crying over Scat Bikes and Knights could be fixed easily with a point increase (WK) and weapon quantity changes (Windrider)
>>
>>48325339
It's anchored... like >>48325323 says it'd be better to either use the cannon at less than 10" or do a smash attack.
>>
>>48325393
whoops yeah no cqc attacks but that cannon should work well enough
>>
>>48325452
It can still use melee while anchored. You can't use stomps for death or glory anyway.
>>
>>48325491
smash attack, not stomp
>>
What can you tell me about techno barbarians, /40kg/? Mainly, were they actual cyborg barbarians or did Big E just call them that?
>>
>>48325580
>>48325339
>>
>>48325609
>Mainly, were they actual cyborg barbarians
Yes.
>>
>>48325609
Cyborgs, genetically altered, and using advanced technology.

Several advancements he used for the Great Crusade was recovered from conquered techno-barbarians
>>
>>48325646
Two more.
>>
>>48325667
Last one.
>>
>>48325149

I wish I had the skill to do that. No. The space Marine chapter, on the other hand, is all about snakes.
>>
>>48325609
Pretty much yeah, a barbarian is just someone who is seen as outside of 'society' or civilization. Techno-Barbarians would be just that, people who are 'uncivilized' and probably use weird, unsanctioned technology, weird shit made in the wastes. Thats what I think at least.
>>
B and c - plastic primarchs daemon and loyalist
Dorn is first missing a hand but with a weapon hand
Guilliman gets up
Johnson wakes up
Sang back related to shield of Baal
Some will be back but fighting for other sides - khan maybe as some wood elf anti imperial
Omegon fighting chaos
Kharn new plastic model
>>
>>48325689
I love Blanche's sketchy shit, its so good.
>>
What if overwatch worked like XCOM?

So like you could forgo shooting to go into overwatch, shooting at full BS at the first thing to move into the overwatch range.
>>
>>48325785
>Revolver drum
>Banana mag
>Bolter pistol

Painting this gun black would make it a liberals worst nightmare
>>
>>48325771
>Sang back related to shield of Baal

How would that be tied to the Tyranid invasion?

It would make more sense to take place between Darkest Hour.
>Kha'banda steps foot on Baal
>Sanguinius wakes up from death to wreck his shit
>>
Would i get hate as a tau player if i roll with farsight, his formation of 8 and some normal suits on the side and nothing else?
>>
>>48320507
I'm fairly new to this game but I really like the Mantis Warriors chapter of Space Marines but I am not sure how to best play them. I know they have chapter tactics from Forge World but they appear to be 6th addition.
>Can I still use these rules in 7th addition?
>Would I be better off using Raven Guard chapter tactics?
>What about the Mantis Warriors special character? Can I still use him?
>>
>>48325785
He's got a miniature laspistol on his helmet.
>>
>>48325785
Is his hat shooting a red laser?
>>
>>48325826
Shield of Baal advanced the plot it's related
>>
File: 1458948332576.jpg (32 KB, 452x480) Image search: [Google]
1458948332576.jpg
32 KB, 452x480
>>48325853
your hats don't shoot lasers? might wanna get an upgrade anon
>>
>>48325832
Probably because just about thinks any Tau player is a faggot regardless of what list you run.
Just do it anyway
>>
>>48325808
Pretty much how it used to work, although IIRC you didn't have to shoot at the first target. Shooting had a -1 modifier to hit (because we had those back then) to represent the snapshooting. They got rid of it because it made games too static, with everyone cowering in cover on overwatch, apparently.
>>
>>48325832

Farsight's Deathstar can be downright nasty. Deepstrike with a full team of Crisis armed to the theet without scattering. It is called Farsight Bomb for something. That said, his 8 formation is suboptimal compared to just him + 9 Crisis.
>>
>>48325832
>Would i get hate as a tau player
Probably, yeah.
>>
>>48325922
But it'd be tech heresy.
>>
>>48325940
>with everyone cowering in cover on overwatch, apparently.
So.... XCOM: Enemy Unknown?

That's really funny.
>>
>>48325940
you sacrificed moving and shooting to be able to fire in the opponent's shooting phase

you had a -1 to hit modifier, AND if you were shot at you had to pass a leadership test or lose your overwatch

>They got rid of it because it made games too static, apparently.
they got rid of it (alongside hiding and a whole load of other things) because they were stripping shit down and simplifying the game.

The switch to 3rd edition was pretty much on the same scale as the switch Fantasy had to AoS.
>>
>>48325839

There are conflicting messages from GW and FW as to what you can use. Generally, you can use any rules - even old ones - if A) they fit with the current edition (sometimes this can be worked around - there is a conversion rate from Structure Points or whatever they're called to Hull Points, for example, I forget what it is though), & B) they haven't been superseded by new rules.

I don't know Mantis Warriors tactics off hands but you can probably use them still. No idea on your second question. Third question: see 1st answer (yes).
>>
>>48325959
Thanks, I just play casual games anyway, always try to go for fluffy builds and my apponents too. Sometimes a bit to much because at one point one of my little group of players fielded a plasma heavy army of DA vs an all out assault of footslugging boyz with no armor upgrade. He lost.
>>
>>48326073
Alright thank you so much! I was confused by all the aforementioned conflicting information. I just didnt want to buy a bunch of models that arent usable
>>
>>48326061
how many random tables did you have in 2nd? how long was pregame?
>>
>>48321079

The Riptide is also shit. You only think Tau fluff is fine because you're a shitlord Taufag. Farsight is the only redeeming part of the modern Tau and he is pretty much antithetical to the empire's fluff.
>>
>>48325839
2. No. Mantis Warriors are not even Raven Guard succesor chapter (IIRC). Are you talking about Raptors?
3. Yes you can. And he can be pretty nasty when in right squad since his warlord trait gives the unit Interceptor.
>>
>>48325839
Mantis Warriors are White Scars successors, and since their tactics don't conflict at all really with 7e rules you should be okay.
>>
>>48325928
Probably because it's true and has been proven true hundreds of times.
You can only dismiss evidence as anecdotal for so long.
>>
>>48326205
it was just smaller scale. For people used to the streamlined games we see nowadays it would take a while to get through a match, but when in the swing of it it was simple enough.

Psychic powers and warp cards were pretty awful, though. I never bothered to work my head around them and just stuck to dudes and tanks.
>>
>>48326218

>Riptide is shit

>WAAAAAH I DON'T LIKE BIG ROBOTS IN A SETTING WITH LOTS OF BIG ROBOTS FROM A FACTION WHERE THE MILLITARY ELITE WEAR ROBOT SUITS
>>
>>48325808
Fuck off you were already told why shooting doesn't need to double its firepower yesterday in the last general you insufferable faggot. If you want your faggotry tactical true over watch then give up your shooting phase. Over watch doesn't even mean what you think it does. Source: I was in the military.
>>
>>48325965
not according to my god, now if you'll sign this paper we'll even throw in some other... upgrades
>>
>playing against tau player
>he has that floating trench thing with two squads of fire warriors and hq
>outflank a heavy flamer chimera loaded with shotgun vets+priest
>butcher the fire warriors and hq
>those are the only casualties i menaged to inflict him, he still destroyed me like nothing
>he's still butthurt about loosing two basic troops

is that the average tau?
>>
>>48326227
>>48326254
I know they are White Scars successors but they are all about stealth and guerrilla warfare and I think the Raven Guard tactics might represent that better
>>
>>48326302
Sorry, what? This is literally the first time I asked this, why are you so angry that someone else apparently did?

>real world military terms have to be the same as a game
OK anon, sure you were.
>>
>>48326319
yes

use a hellhound next time and collect his fag tears

or outflanking missile sentinels to instant death his crisis teams
>>
Just got the start collecting space wolves box. What else should I get for a good competitive 1500 point space wolves army?
>>
>>48326304
I love you guys and all, but I don't think your lifestyle is what the Omnissiah meant for me. It's like how Rhino engines don't belong on land raiders know what I'm saying?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.