[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Endings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: gandolf.jpg (826 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
gandolf.jpg
826 KB, 1920x1200
How do/have you guys ended/end campaigns? Currently my group is about to lead a ragtag coalition of forces against a demon army and a crazed warlock summoning the demogorgon.

A level 12 wizard, a barbarian, and paladin are the party. Any ideas? Stories? Btw Its dnd 3.5.
>>
>>48315540
Shameful bump, I just want to hear some stories and get some info... please help fa/tg/uys.
>>
>>48315540
>>48315743
The paladin kisses the barbarian while the wizard faps in the corner.
>>
>>48315872
/thread
>>
>>48315540
I have a few endings, some as a player others as a GM.

First ending as a player was when my first character died (is that a proper ending?) fighting a Hobgoblin Chief in the highlands. Never try to teach a child DnD, or at least tell him he can't cast druid or ranger spells if he's wearing metal armor and using a towershield.
>>
>>48315872
>wizard faps in the corner
>implying he's not sitting their sadly hoping the paladin will never tell anyone about the time he had to save the wizard when he tried summoning a flame elemental to fuck, because he thought a wand of Fire Resistance would be enough
>>
>>48316369
>he tried summoning a flame elemental to fuck
That sounds pretty hot
>>
>>48316369
That could go bad for the wizard, tbqh. In my campaign wizards must be kissless virgins or else they lose their power. Even holding hand might make him temporarily weaker. Fapping is allowed, however.
>>
>>48317617
sounds like an uninspired magical realm that you invented on the spot
>>
>>48315540
>have you guys ever ended a campaign?
>btw it's 3.5
It makes total sense to me that a 3.5 game rarely makes it to the end.
>>
>>48315540
>The culmination of three years of hard campaigning, the defeat the evil goddess and destruction of her evil analytical engine
>Everyone looks around, not sure what to do next
>god of good shows up and invites everyone to a pizza party
>Uh..o..okay..?
>roll credits

We ran another campaign that took place a few centuries later, where what happened next was a matter of historical conjecture and politics as they all founded their own dynasties, two of which spawned their own generation of BBEG's.
>>
>>48317630
Sounds like Junketsu no Maria
>>
>>48317817
cue music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMRYLVTUswU
>>
>>48315540
We had an unintended end once. The story had been leading up to us getting ready to fight the antagonist, a really powerful necromancer we had been foiling since the beginning. Unfortunately I murdered the party.

>You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
>>
File: 1425166689610.png (326 KB, 730x633) Image search: [Google]
1425166689610.png
326 KB, 730x633
>>48315540
Finished an 8-month-long game not too long ago, campaign theme was melancholic/grimdark. The party was chasing leads to find the BBEG and eventually confronted one of his lieutenants. Before fighting her, the party had an opportunity to talk the lieutenant about her history, goals, motivations, etc. and discovered she was a good person in a bad situation with no way out. After a deadly skirmish they offered to spare her life, but the party wizard member killed her anyway. The other members were outraged, and this combined with several other conflicts within the party caused the whole group to disband. While the characters themselves were miserable, my players loved every moment of it. Sometimes good endings aren’t happy ones.
>>
>>48317541
It's getting too obvious, Carlos
>>
>>48317630
It's an internet meme, dude
>>
>>48318078
>Unfortunately I murdered the party
huh?
>>
>>48320256
I guess bad rolls.
>>
>>48320197
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Too subtle for you?
>>
File: 14678472708.jpg (165 KB, 1184x1184) Image search: [Google]
14678472708.jpg
165 KB, 1184x1184
I'm now running a huge dnd 5e campaign based on MTG lore from 1rst level. It's all planed till the 20th level.
When players will defeat the Eldrazi (Or possibly BBEG, but they probably won't. Planting seeds for sequels) i am going to interrupt them and make a small speach. I'll describe an old dwarf (one of the players characters) sitting in the tavern. He will say «And that's how we did it. Everyone went their own ways afterall» and then he will describe what happend to everyones characters afterall. There will be a little mistery, like one of them will disappear without a trace. (More seeds). After the last monologue the dwarf will drink with everyone till everyone are drunk, then make a little sight and walk in the wilds. «No one could find his trace the next morning. The end»
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.