[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about your spacemen. Also, post spacemen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: 1449977111734.jpg (160 KB, 794x1006) Image search: [Google]
1449977111734.jpg
160 KB, 794x1006
Tell me about your spacemen. Also, post spacemen.
>>
File: 1452907429610.jpg (275 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1452907429610.jpg
275 KB, 600x849
>>
File: space police by guidokuip.jpg (517 KB, 1200x812) Image search: [Google]
space police by guidokuip.jpg
517 KB, 1200x812
Space? Space is neat.
>>
>>
Man was never meant for space; those who ply their trades there; freighters, civil engineers, pirates, and soldiers are often riddled with cancer from space radiation and bone density deterioration from living long-term in low gravity; most veteran hands will be full of bionic implants to replace and augment their failing bodies.

Man was never meant for space; but does he even care?
>>
>>48312327
Man cares for cold, hard titanium.
>>
>>48311954
What space is this space(wo)man from?
>>
Spacers in my setting tend to be lean and pale, with gaunt faces because living on a space ship does that to ya.
>>
>>48311954
Anyone have any creative ideas for feral and tribal humans born in defunct spaceships? I'm really stumped
>>
File: bouncer morph.jpg (94 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
bouncer morph.jpg
94 KB, 500x647
>>48311954
Bouncers are a morph (body) type in Eclipse Phase that are common in microgravity habitats (ie, most small habs) and spacecraft. The use of prehensile feet makes maneuver in micro gravity; you can grab someplace with your feet and still have hands free to do stuff.

Most genetic lines include grip pads (derived from gecko setae) to hold on even when there's no grip, and many include cognitive augmentations that make keeping track of where things are with no defined up or down.
>>
>>48315449
Ritualistic behavior toward space craft controls and systems; some of which is by now nonfunctional, some of which is corrupted or bad, and some of which might be necessary to keep the air filters from killing everyone. Even those who suspect the rituals are mostly useless don't know *which* parts are useless.

Possibly genetic or cybernetic augmentations, or division by clade. If the ship's reactor is still hot, only those with anti-radiation augs will be able to go in. If those don't exist, 'hot' decks will be left in the care of monastic orders whose members are celibate (and probably don't have very long to live).

Royal families derived from ship's officers, whose children have to be accepted by the computers. Those that aren't accepted are exiled as commoners.

Food depends on very careful recycling, so even feral humans will be very careful to make sure waste goes in the proper place - ie, diverted to the gardens/farms. The hydroponics bays will need to be well maintained and will probably the most modified and expanded sections.

...is this the kind of thing you're looking for?
>>
>>48314423
Cover for comic "Shrapnel: Aristeia Rising" issue #3
>>
File: SpaceGirl.png (990 KB, 850x790) Image search: [Google]
SpaceGirl.png
990 KB, 850x790
Celestial maidens are the handmaidens of the Queen of heaven, and among the oldest races in the cosmos. When interacting with humans they take the form of young girls made out of light, although their true physical form is a orb with trailing cables, enveloped in a bubble of luminous matter which can change shape as needed. Sustained by the energies of the void, They live idyllic lives among the stars, ignorant of the affairs of man, however they lose their powers temporarily if they set foot on a planet with significant gravity.
>>
File: Island08_29.jpg (698 KB, 584x900) Image search: [Google]
Island08_29.jpg
698 KB, 584x900
>>48315449
>>48316195
Read Habitat. You'll be glad you did.
>>
>>48315449
You mean society wise? Or shit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTL_sJycQAA ?
>>
>>48316617

I'd like to get to the center of THAT Galaxy, if you understand that which I am getting at.
>>
>>48316784
Either or, really

Preferably both
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.