[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: New flake sheet 1 JOKE.jpg (4 MB, 1801x5825) Image search: [Google]
New flake sheet 1 JOKE.jpg
4 MB, 1801x5825
Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: WotC hates angels or something, some talk about Pre-Release, Serena is the Jace of the snowstorm, flakes that shouldn't have sparks need justification, I am angel Hitler and what accent should Owl Mom have?

Previous thread: >>48268502

Writefagging last time:
RFA and I wrote some lewds >>48268724.
A teaser of what's to come >>48308219

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
>>
File: New flake sheet part 2 JOKE.png (2 MB, 1801x1665) Image search: [Google]
New flake sheet part 2 JOKE.png
2 MB, 1801x1665
>>48309851
Remember to shout at me if I forgot something, I am the dumb.
>>
>>48309866
You'll find out when it's done but it's a pretty nasty wound.
>>
>>48309902
>owl mom gets rekt
Nuuuuuuuuu

We just lost spooder! Don't take hoot, too!
>>
>>48310173
Owl wonìt fly anymore anon. It's all hover now.
>>
On a scale of 1 to 10, how powerful is your flake? 1 being a manlet, 10 being dear-god-plz-nerf.

For reference, Jacetice League is probably between 3 and 5.
>>
>>48310403
What kind of scale is that?

Use more examples than just the members of the Jacetice League. Especially because they all have wildly different powers and demonstrate them differently.
>>
>>48310403
>>
>>48310403
I originally intended Serena to be like a 3 but I think she's a solid 5 or 6 to be honest.

One of the problems with something like this is that you have people like Gideon who are indestructible but get destroyed by puddles. It's kinda hard to judge the power of some walkers. I think we can agree that Bolas is a 10 though, right?
>>
>>48310403
Duh. I guess Murdock is around a 3. Kaya on a solid 5, maybe 6, I guess it could be higher since I am going for her being a villain flake anyway.
>>
>>48310474
Bolas as he is now would probably be a good way to constitute the new 10. If he gets his powers back, he'd probably break the scale.

Ob Nixilis and Ugin are probably towards the top end of the scale. Sorin is probably a little below them.
>>
>>48310436
I want you to decide what is what on the scale. For example, Jace is 3 telepath, Chandra is a 4 pyromancer, Gideon is a 4muscle mage, etc.

More examples: Jeska, Urza, Old Bolas are probably between 7 and 10, depending on how you argue it. Nahiri and Sorin are probably a 6ish. Dyfed is a 1 for reasons.

And the power jump between each number is pretty big.
>>
>>48309641
>All Serena knows is that owl mom keeps calling her that "winged dickhead."
>>
>>48310474
>>48310493
You guys should keep in mind that I just put Nahiri and Sorin at about a 6. So you're saying your neowalker flakes are THAT powerful?
>>
>>48310549
Except you didn't, because it was ambiguous as fuck.
>>
>>48310549
Kaya's just a villain anyway. Think of her as a second-half-of-the-game boss.
Also, your post happened after mine so how would I have known before?
>>
>>48310560
See
>>48310510

And fuck you
>>
>>48310510
>Razorcock

>Belagir

>Spooder

>Owl

>Gaia
9 or 10

>Myxxzzikt
>>
File: 1322323287626.png (256 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1322323287626.png
256 KB, 375x523
>>48310580
Don't retroactively post a more comprehensive example, then bash everyone else for being off scale.

This was your fault for not communicating well to begin with.

Pic unrelated. I just like it because it's funny.
>>
>>48310549
Some of the flakes do have abilities that would put canon walkers to shame.
>>
>>48310403

>Astera
Probably a solid 4 or so. Based on her magic being about manipulating enchantments, she might be able to punch above her weight based on how long she has to enchant and set up.

>WG Sonia
2. Would probably be more powerful but the thing about being sincerely dedicated to defending yourself and others but not fighting back is you're not winning many power-level showoffs. Her healing magic means she would be extremely difficult to kill, however.

>WR Sonia
5. Has had a lot of time to study much wider-scale offensive magic and learn how to use a sword.

>Dyna
Hard to gauge. Her physical power is on a completely different scale from most human-sized creatures by nature, but she's also probably the flake with the least magical aptitude.

>Zenri
3. Her magic mostly boils down to the ability to move things around and redirecting things, which is a lot more about what she can think to do with it than raw power. If she was in a fight with Chandra, for example, swerving her super-fireballs so they hit her instead would probably work pretty well, or counter-punching by redirecting the force of Gideon's attacks back at him, but with Jace there's nothing to move or redirect, so she'd be in a real pickle. Also because I've decided "moving things around" shouldn't include cheesy shit like teleporting someone a mile straight up and letting them fall.

>Mirabelle
10. Do not question the magic of lace, doilies, and finishing school. It is beyond your understanding.
>>
>>48310580
You criticized two people for not taking into consideration in their posts the one that you wrote after theirs.
Put more effort in your trolling.
>>
>>48310659
But trolling is hard.
>>
>>48310403
I imagine Thane is about a 6 on a Zendikar with the roil and a solid 4 everywhere else. He's a really good geomancer, but it's his ability to piss off the ground that he's great at. Otherwise he just kind of makes the ground do weird things and then makes it turn into a golem thing and punch you.
I imagine it's only on Zendikar that the Awaken gives you towering colossi with Awaken. Anywhere else and you're looking at bear sized golems or something.
>>
>>48310580
Sorry for not being clairvoyant.

I was operating under the idea that Sorin was like an 8, I'm unsure how Nahiri stacks up as I get the impression that she only beat him because she had months of prep time to fuck the leylines in her favour or something. Without time to make stone fuckery is she still really strong?
>>
>>48310711
So, if Sorin is a 6 then I'd say Serena is a 4.
>>
>>48310711
>she only beat him because
Plot armor, cause Sorin had her in his hands and was literally sucking the life outta her.
>>
>>48310510
>Remes
He's good enough to get by. If he practiced himself to deal with confrontation more, he'd probably be a 4.

>Cala
She can deal a lot of damage in the long run, but she's a lot more intelligent than she is powerful. You're more likely to get tricked or outwitted than outright beat.

>Jakrol
This guy's methods are brutish/brutal, and he's okay with hurting himself and making sacrifices for a combat advantage.

>Winifred
She's got some minor jinxes and tricks, but she really shines in enchantments. She's a great deal less about power and more about weakening and inconveniencing others.

>Wyston
This man has traveled, trained, and studied for a long life. He'd likely be able to put any youngblood in their place. He's also good at casting spells that benefit large groups of soldiers, so that scale has to be worth something.
>>
>>48310711
>Sorry for not being clairvoyant.
You should be.
>>
File: twit 1.png (103 KB, 1306x416) Image search: [Google]
twit 1.png
103 KB, 1306x416
At this point in the snowstorm, I know what everyone is thinking.
Because I'm psychic like that.
Who is going to be the 23rd annual Dominian Planeswalking Twit of the year?
>>
>>48310510
If we're using that scale, then move everything in >>48310681 down a point.
>>
>>48310510
If this is our scale, then to reiterate.

>Murdock
3 after Inninstrad.

>Kaya
>>
File: twit 2.png (96 KB, 1314x432) Image search: [Google]
twit 2.png
96 KB, 1314x432
>>48310761
What is this bullshit? Simple
5 planeswalkers will be picked from the snowstorm and pit against each other in various tests using a d6+ their skills in Smarts, Notice Shit, Dexterity, and People Skills
>>
>>48310773
>>Kaya
>6
I just don't see it at all. I reread her story and her flake sheet, and I still don't see it. She got punk'd and chased off by Samnel's friends. Sorin or Nahiri would've easily killed them all. Kaya feels like a 4 to me. I have yet to see any of this raw power or mastery you think she has.
>>
File: twit 3.png (99 KB, 1323x394) Image search: [Google]
twit 3.png
99 KB, 1323x394
>>48310815
Of course this being about twits, the skills ranks are 1,0,-1,-2.
Now this is non-canon so any bodily harm or death that happens to these lovely walkers isn't real.
>>
>>48310822
There is onyl a story about her, and she actually lets Samnel go of her own volition, really. Long story. I SHOULD write more but I have really not the time to do it. Suffice to say she is supposed to be a pretty strong villain flake. Do you have problems with this?
Unless this is all a dick lenght contest for you than go ahead and make your flake a 10.
>>
>>48310859
How is this a dick contest for my flake when I don't have a flake?

And it didn't look like she left to me. It looked like she put her hands up and gtfo before she got blasted. Not my fault that your headcanon of what happened contradicts what was written. And if you don't write more, you can't complain about people having a hard time seeing your flake as powerful when all she did in her story was rape a guy and then get chased off by his friends. Imho, she's just another bad girl titty flake.
>>
File: twit 4.png (67 KB, 1247x307) Image search: [Google]
twit 4.png
67 KB, 1247x307
>>48310857
I'm mainly just completing a cycle at this point. Which flakes should be in the competition to be the planeswalking twits of the year?
>>
>>48310926
Whatever.
>>
>>48309094
Should be Gypsy or Romanian accent for Owl Mom.
>>
>>48310949
Your flakes are shit.
>>
>>48310930
Despite her power level Serena isn't very smart and her social skills are pretty garbage, I think it would be funny to be honest. I don't really want to be throwing her into everything though so i'll leave that up to you.
>>
>>48310989

Her social skills aren't good? Not even with her enormous...

Charisma?
>>
>>48310989
Do you still think she's a 6? I could see a 5.
>>
>>48311105
I have no idea, the scale is confusing because people disagree on what the other walkers are. I'd place her 3-2 levels below Sorin/the same level as Chandra. I'd say 5 with Sorin being an 8 to be honest.
>>
File: JOJOFISH.png (801 KB, 574x703) Image search: [Google]
JOJOFISH.png
801 KB, 574x703
>>48310403
I'm not too good at guessing, but I'd say personally somewhere between 5-7, pretty tough without being godlike. That said, given how others have commented on him, he might be near an 8. I don't know, what do you guys think his power level is?
>>
>>48311143
5. Imho, with rare exceptions, any neowalker shouldn't be over a 5.
>>
File: Rynn Harper.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Rynn Harper.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
>>48310403
Rynn is a solid 2 at best. Just ignited, might as well be a 1U human wizard with a tap ability right now.
>>
>>48310952
Huh. Y'know, I actually like this the best. It seems to fit.

Romanian it is.
>>
>>48311208
You're welcome. I try.
>>
>>48310403
Igan's power level varies wildly depending on which "version" he is.

Original Flavor/Mono-Red: 2. This was before he learned most of his tricks and could just pull lava from the ground.

Necrolavamancer/RB: 7. Igan's crazy strong like this, partially from his direct meeting with the Soul of Innistrad. He was able to raise almost 100 "zombies" in a short time during EMN, though they didn't last long. (see the Seething Angel and the Necro-Lavamancer for more details.)

Timeless/RU: 5-6. His time travel's made him skilled and he's learned a lot, but it takes so much out of him that it's weakened the power of his spells.
>>
File: Belagir the Bard.png (836 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Belagir the Bard.png
836 KB, 1562x1186
>>48311181
Wanna team up? Baby blue new boys take the scene?
>>
>>48311264
Gé-bar
>>
For me, the scale goes something like this:

>1: Planeswalkers that have almost no experience and very little magic advantage, if any at all. Example: Domri.
>2: Planeswalkers that possess some magical capability, while lacking little experience as a planeswalker. Example: Narset.
>3: Planeswalkers that both understand what they are and possess a moderate amount of magical ability. Example: Tibalt.
>4: Experienced planeswalkers that understand the nature of the Multiverse and have significant magical ability. Example: Any Gatewatcher.
>5: The pinnacle of a 'normal' planeswalker. A combination of experience and power without any other unfair advantage. Example: Elspeth, Ajani.
>6: This is the realm of enhanced planeswalkers that have been granted unnatural power. Example: Cursed Garruk.
>7: This is the domain of truly ancient planeswalkers that have experienced and learned much from the Multiverse. Example: Nahiri, Sorin.
>8: Some planeswalkers can elevate themselves to ridiculous degrees of power, even if it comes at a cost. Example: Veil Liliana, Maelstrom Ajani, etc.
>9: Planeswalkers that possess an impossibly massive natural advantage, putting them above most other planeswalkers. Example: Karn, Ugin.
>10: Massive natural advantages coupled with supernatural advantages and a great deal of resources and minions at their disposal. Example: Nicol Bolas.
>11 and above: Planeswalkers before the Mending.
>>
>>48311453
I wouldn't lump any version of Ajani with Cursed Veil Liliana. In fact, Cursed Veil Liliana might just rival Nicol Bolas.
>>
>>48311453
In that scale I'd put Serena at a 4, she's not experienced but she has a serious natural advantage. I think with a lot of time and practice she'll be a 5-6, immortality is a great thing for a walker.
>>
>>48311556
The veil makes the wearer powerful, but it's possibly more powerful than she is. With a great deal of focus and power, Liliana can control seemingly endless hordes of the dead.

On the other hand, you have Nicol Bolas, who mindrapes people just by touching them, and might be the oldest living thing in the multiverse (other than maybe the Eldrazi), giving him several millennia of experiences and knowledge.
>>
>>48311453
Ok, now that we have a definable scale, rate your walkers! And then, without being rude or trolling, grab and rate some other people's walkers. It'll be fun.
>>
>>48311556
We haven't seen any such comparison so far, so there's no way of telling. I'd rather not put her on the same level as Mr. Just-As-Planned just yet, who only got fucked once post-Mending through use of a plot device in the hands of Ajani. And that's all that the Veil is, a plot device in the hands of Liliana that makes her sufficiently powerful enough to best whatever threat she's facing.

So maybe bring the 9 down to a 8, the 10 down to a 9 and put Maelstrom-Ajani and Veil-Liliana at 10. It doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>48311453
Fine, a more accurate version.

>1: Planeswalkers that have almost no experience and very little magic advantage, if any at all. Example: Domri.
>2: Planeswalkers that possess some magical capability, while lacking little experience as a planeswalker. Example: Narset.
>3: Planeswalkers that both understand what they are and possess a moderate amount of magical ability. Example: Tibalt.
>4: Experienced planeswalkers that understand the nature of the Multiverse and have significant magical ability. Example: Any Gatewatcher.
>5: The pinnacle of a 'normal' planeswalker. A combination of experience and power without any other unfair advantage. Example: Elspeth, Ajani.
>6: This is the realm of enhanced planeswalkers that have been granted unnatural power. Example: Cursed Garruk.
>7: This is the domain of truly ancient planeswalkers that have experienced and learned much from the Multiverse. Example: Nahiri, Sorin.
>8: Planeswalkers that possess an impossibly massive natural advantage, putting them above most other planeswalkers. Example: Karn, Ugin.
>9: Massive natural advantages coupled with supernatural advantages and a great deal of resources and minions at their disposal. Example: Nicol Bolas.
>10: Planeswalkers in the possession of plot devices that assure them victory. Example: Veil Liliana, Maelstrom Ajani, the Gatewatch working together, etc.
>11 and above: Planeswalkers before the Mending.
>>
>>48311556
Liliana definitely does not rival Bolas. We know this because Bolas helped her obtain the Chain Veil, which he would not have done had it made her his rival.
>>
>>48311625
>>48311684
Using this second scale.

>War Gaia
8 or 9
>Normal Gaia
Dead. But otherwise 11
>Belagir
>Hooter
>Spooder
5 or 4
>Myxxzzikt
>Razorcock

Others
>Murdock
>Serena
>Narimi
7 or 8
>Dyna
>Messenger
By itself, 2 or 3. With its grey goo powers activated, 10.
>>
>>48311684
Damian is probably a 6, but it gives him a very short life expectancy. Iskra is about a 2-3, while Marlis is probably a 4 or 5.
>>
>>48311684
On this scale, Ka'koarm is a 6, an enhanced walker with, by design, unnatural power, but might be possible to push 7 if something triggers his Ka'utism enough.
>>
>>48311684
Using this scale:

>Remes

>Cala
She's got enough knowledge and potential to be a 4, but can't focus and only really uses enough power to be a 3.

>Jakrol
3.5, because he's still BR Sacrifice, which gives him a bit of a power edge.

>Winifred

>Wyston
>>
>>48309851
I assume that reading Bavara's story wiped your memory clean of it - truly I must learn to harness my power more responsibly.
>>
>>48312146
This is why I'm the backup OP, I'm shit at it.
>>
>>48312207
It's okay <3
>>
>>48312207
And I am the back-up back-up OP.

For when there is literally no one who OPs the thread and it's about to die in the middle of the night~
>>
>>48311837
>gaia, dead
>spider mom, dead
>owl mom, probably dead next story
Why do your flakes keep getting rekt?
>>
>>48312440
Would I kill Owl Mom like that? I mean, it was Gaia's idea so don't blame me.
>>
>>48312440
And don't forget, Belagir gets wiped from existence in flakepoint.
>>
>>48312440
3 reasons: plot, muh drama, and I believe in character arcs having definitive endings.
>>
>>48312578
Character arcs can have definitive endings that aren't death, to be fair.
>>
>>48312610
True. But plot and muh drama.

Spider mom's death felt appropriate to her character. Gaia should really not continue without her plane (except war Gaia. And she doesn't continue past flakepoint). And even in her old ending, she went back to Arda and willed her spirit into the afterlife. HHaving a domain walker around post-Mending is icky and wrong. Belagir's ending depends on the outcome of Flakepoint. His story isn't over.
>>
>>48312578
Wait, what Arc did Spider mom even have?
>>
>>48312941
Muh drama though.

Don't worry about Owl Mom too much, she's just going to suffer a lot. Fire hurts, swords on fire hurt more.
>>
Black mana is all about the easiest path to power right? So would someone who just makes deals with demons and other cast from life forces spells because they're too lazy to do things the proper way, but still does good things, be black?
>>
>>48313615
Black can do anything, but the cost is higher.
>>
>>48313615
Yeah, that's literally what Liliana is right now.
>>
>>
>>48313918
>dat file name
9/10, well memed
>>
>>48313637
>Liliana
>doing good things
It doesn't count as doing good things if you're just covering your own ass.
>>
>>48313987
Killing demons is always good.
Besides, she did send an entire zombie apocalypse to help reinforce the humans and vampires at Thraben and joined the Jaestice Friends.
>>
>>48314075

It still is kinda weird to me that Emrakul is stymied by throwing a lot of zombies at it while the last zombie apocalypse that tried to take on the humans of Innistrad got rekt by a single match.
>>
>>48314075
>Killing demons is always good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q2htBs_enA
>>
>>48314095
I'm imagining the wave of zombies just slows down all of Emrakul's little spawn horror things and now Emrakul has to clear them out of the street before going down that path or something.
Plus Geralf made all his shit flammable.
>>
>>48314098
Perfect comeback. I love that video.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFUvmZWf4hI
>>
We need a topic, I'm bad at this shit so.... someone else do it.

Otherwise someone tell me why the fuck I'm still awake at 5am.
>>
>>48315651
Umm. Anyone have any ideas for a mono-black flake? I've decided to make a new one from scratch and there are a lot of directions to go.
>>
>>48315651
I actually have a question about your angel!jace.
What snowflakes has she met? Is she just fucking pissed right now or is she also going mad on Innistrad?
>>
>>48315651
Since Gaia is basically Rick
a new story called Gaia & Belagir.
>>
>>48315701
She has met uh.... Owl Mom, Venn, Murdock, The Cathar, Revas, Leon, Samnel, Igan. Wow, that's a lot of flakes, she's also met a few in non-canon stories.

She is FUCKING PISSED but she also sometimes goes a bit mad too, basically if her mental state becomes too unstable then Me'merakul gets in and starts memeing up her brain. Best seen in the recent edgy adventure when she met Murdock again and got so mad that Emrakul almost made her kill Revas. Fun times.
>>
>>48315939
Ah, ok. That explains it. I was thinking that but just wanted to make sure.
Which ones are non-canon. It's akk the smut ones, isn't it?
>>
>>48315996
*all
>>
>>48315996
Yeah, the smut ones.
>>
>>48315996
As heartwarming as it would be if Laurela magically willed herself into existence, it would also be very silly. So yes, I consider all of my stories that involve other people's flakes non-canon by default unless the other person says otherwise.
>>
>>48315682
Lazy mage who makes deals with demons for power over being an evil prick.

Shape shifting wizard who was raised by [animal of choice] and doesnt realize it's really a human or whatever

Battle mage devoted glorious war against rival tribe

Autistic architect who wants to put everything and everyone in order

Insane artist who pushes the limit of sanity and reason.
>>
>>48316629

The first one's black, but the others...

>Green
>White/Red
>White/Blue
>Red
>>
>>48316629
>>48316670
To be fair, that last one could be red/black. But it could work in mono-red. It's basically Tibalt.
>>
>>48316629
I like those first, third and fifth ideas. But I think shapeshifters are generally boring and I thought autistic people were all Blue. Thanks for the free advice.
>>
File: Rynn.png (432 KB, 565x735) Image search: [Google]
Rynn.png
432 KB, 565x735
Lets talk about stories you want to tell with your flake

>Getting the hell out of Innistrad and learning what it means to be a planeswalker
>Searching for a cure, and finding out he's also infected with the same plague that affects his home.
>The race against time as the sickness not only slowly kills him, but necessity turns him BU
>Losing his arm and becoming a U artifact walker with a grim, matter of fact demeanor that no longer cares about healing, just learning.
>>
>>48317699
RCJWW-Anon here.

My characters are more like random encounters and conflicts. I don't necessarily write them because I have long-term goals for them. I write them to make interesting characters that others might want to include or use as opposition for their own flakes. Maybe if a big flake story comes up that draws my interest, I might consider writing out parts for them myself, but until then I'm just writing up bios and solo stories to flesh out their character for others.
>>
>>48317699
In hindsight, it probably would have been a good idea to actually have a story I wanted to tell. I just made a character to make a character and tend to write by the seat of my chair.
>>
>>48317699
>tell several small adventures with him while he starts to learn his place in the world.
>eventually finding a place in dire need, and, after adventures, planting the dream tree there.
>Flakepoint and the post-flakepoint of him talking to the satyr. Technically, this story would happen first
>a flashback story of how he inherited his father's sword after his father passed away. It deals with Belagir questioning himself as a man. He is no swordsman, and now feels ashamed for having spent his hours weilding a harp rather than a blade. Much later, he is still seen carrying his family's white sword. He still cannot weild it, but it is a memento of his past, and he wears if proudly to honor his people's memory.
>>
I don't see a flake from New Phyrexia. I'll do that, and I'll try to not be too cringey.

Do you think it's plausible for someone's Spark to ignite near the end of their Compleation?
>>
>>48318084
Somehow everytime
The end of your compleation means you've probably been flayed alive and had new shit grafted to you more than once. You'd go through enough trauma to ignite long before you even started compleation.
And before you ask, you would have always been immune to the oil.
>>
>>48318084
>what is Unit IV
>>
>>48317699
>Anna finding out who she was and how that impacts who she is now.
>Starke wrestling with the responsibilities she has to her hometown and to the Knights pulling her in two directions.
>Jorge trying to keep his hero and normal lives separate.
>maybe the cathar trying to settle down, but craving the constant crisis or having to deal with things that aren't kill or be killed.
>>
>>48318084
Please,
find something more unique to make an augmented/cyborg/construct flake.
Phyrexia in-canon apparently does not mix with being a planeswalker, and we already have a flake or two even pushing that hard boundary when they shouldn't anyway. There are better ways to make a semi-robot or fully mechanical flake without relying on phyrexia, so please, reconsider this origin for something else. If you're dead-set on New Phyrexia being the plane of origin, consider having the flake walk to somewhere like Alara, or Kaladesh, where technology is either becoming commonplace or already is.
>>
>>48317699
>Facing the reality of an Innistrad where people like her are not welcome as people's faith in Avacyn has been shattered.
>Signing up with the Boros Legion to have a purpose again.
>Finding out and coming to terms with the fact she used to be human.
>>
>>48317699
>Maxwell
>Finally finding a plane where he can perform fake magic and people love it
>Facing the fact that it isn't as fun as it used to be
>Going back to wandering the planes, until realizing that has become empty as well
>Finally returning to his home plane, settling down to raise his daughter.
>>
>>48314075
Once again, literally only to save her ass. She joined the Jacetice League because she is desperate for anyone to help her get rid of the Chain Veil. She's a terrible, horrible, evil person with almost no redeeming features.
>>
>>48319689
But she did choose to help unlike fangs mcvelvetsoul.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>48319689
I hath returned. Did anyone get anything good for their prerelease?

I got a gift to give. Two in fact.
>>
>>48320638
I got two deploy the gatewatch
>>
>>48320888
I'm leaving for mine in 30mins, lets see what I can pull. inb4 Brisela.
>>
>>48320638
Only worthwhile cards I pulled were Emrakul and Hanweir Garrison, which I'm putting in my shitty casual w/r human deck.
>>
>>48320961
When I saw that and Ride Down I hoped W/R humans might be viable but no, G/W or fuck off it seems.
>>
>>48320905
Good luck. I hope you get your waifu brides together forever.
>>
>>48320994
>tfw no avacyn/gisela meld
That's a good feel.
>>
>>48320888
>>48320961
>>48320977
Yeah, I got nothing really playable except the white and red borroweds. I was able to build two decks that I switched between. A w/b and a u/r. Both okay at best, but not really good at all. I only won one out of my four matches.
>>
File: Thick Mad Serena.jpg (3 MB, 3300x2400) Image search: [Google]
Thick Mad Serena.jpg
3 MB, 3300x2400
Have another Owl Mom vs Serena teaser!

Serena grinned as she delivered what would surely be the killing blow. This monster had put up a valiant fight, but the battle was over now. Her bright blazing blade seared straight through the creature’s human midsection, tearing a gaping hole as it went. She wrenched her hilt, twisting the weapon cruelly in its belly. She would take no chances. This was the first blow she had managed against the beast, and she would ensure it was a fatal one. Feeling steel scrape against bone as her sword ground against the thing’s spine, she knew she was successful. The wound tore wide and ugly, soaked scarlett in the merciless gleam of the scorched streets. The creature’s life blood, hot and sweet, gushed out, spurting against Serena’s face and soaking her arm. The thing shrieked in agony - a shrill cry that made the angel flinch - and violently lurched backwards. It retaliated with a claw from its free hand, forcing Serena to withdraw her blade and body, lest her throat be slashed open. No matter. This charade was over now. Judging by the rivulets of crimson ichor soaking the ground, it was only a matter of time before the beast bleed out. Serena’s lips curled back in a wide grin, revealing her white teeth in the firelight. Victory was surely hers!
>>
>>48321114
I can only think of this when I see that image.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htDB8SuLrng
>>
File: image.png (6 MB, 2137x2234) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 MB, 2137x2234
>>48321114
You need a better proportioned Serena.
>>
>>48321114
That image is so distracting from the story. Might I suggest posting something that is a bit less thicc when you describe owl mom dying? The linked image is your opportunity to compound the tragedy of the scene, but the thicc just detracts from it.
>>
>>48321146
Serena's new theme song?
>>
>>48320615
No, she chose not to let the eldrazi kill her, which, incidentally, led to her helping.
>>
>>48321114
Reading this to the sic drops of >>48321146
is actually kind of epic.
>>
File: Serena's Face When Heretics.png (489 KB, 640x483) Image search: [Google]
Serena's Face When Heretics.png
489 KB, 640x483
>>48321310
Is this better?

Time to go pre-release.
>>
>>48321114
is she kill?
>>
>>48321457
much.
>>
>>48321324
She could have just walked off if she didn't want to die
>>
>>48321114
I hope you get blown out by brisela.
>>
>>48321482
And then the plane that she uses as her home base would have been gone. Not a terribly sensible decision on her part.
>>
>>48319689
Which doesn't matter at all. She's choosing to do good in exchange for help, possibly. We've yet to see why she joined instead of just asking Jace now that they're a whole lot less busy.

And she decided to help save Thraben of her own volition. To save the Jace she still sort of cares about, but in the end good has been done.

Her saving herself in the process doesn't diminish that she helped save people and is going to continue to do so, otherwise it's impossible to have a black-aligned character do heroic things because it would always serve their own self interests in some way.
>>
>>48321561
Don't blame me, it was Gaias idea. I was gonna have owl mom win.
>>
>>48321840

It is possible for a black-aligned character to be a good person, but it doesn't make Liliana one.

She helped sack Thraben a year ago because it suited her needs to do so. Now she saved Thraben, because it suited her needs to do so.

If what's good for Liliana and what's good for the Gatewatch ever diverge, Liliana will need to change a LOT as a person to even CONSIDER making a single concession. If she doesn't develop a lot, Liliana will do what she's always done, which is help others when it's convenient for what she needs done and then abandon or betray them the second it serves her interests better to do so.
>>
>>48317699

>Zenri having a scrap with the Rakdos as the situation on Ravnica begins to deteriorate in Jace's absence, probably starts helping out the gateless as the guilds' usual dickery intensifies
>Dyna fighting dragons on Tarkir and her -8 Stealth Heist against Silumgar
>WG Sonia helping Innistrad rebuild in the wake of Eldritch Moon
>WG Sonia meeting and working with her timeshifted WR counterpart I'm considering if the timeline "healing" itself eventually having them do a split-personality merge into a Sonia that combines the pacifist and the warrior into a more balanced individual would be too cheesy or not
>Astera lends herself easily to a bunch of short stories about her exploring planes in search of stories and interacting with ancient enchantments, but I don't have any sort of real arc planned for her.
>>
>>48322311
>to be a good person, but it doesn't make Liliana one.
See, this is where you're "Liliana is evul reee!"ing missed the point. We were never saying she she was a good person, but that she did good things.
Busting open the Helvault and freeing Avacyn was at the time a good thing.
Saving Thraben because she wanted to save Jace, out of worry for his well-being mind was definitely a good thing.
Using the chain veils power to break Innistrad's reincarnation of evil to murder their equivalent of the devil was DEFINITELY a good thing.
She's done good things, that was what this argument was about. Not "is she a good person"
Sorin's done good things to, for self-serving reasons, since protecting Innistrad to him is like protecting his sandcastle from the tide to him, but good things none-the-less. That doesn't stop him from being a self-serving asshole that practically goes "I had my fingers crossed." when making promises.

Sorin's an ass, Liliana's a bitch, neither are good people, but they both have done good things. That's what Black is. It's looking out for you, and what you care about, first. It's the color of the type of person who'd send their dog to fight a bear so they could get away with their lives.
>>
>>48322439
I'm just going to throw this out there, because I haven't yet. I've always liked Dyna and Astera. Please write little stories with them, particularly Astera. I want to see the thoughtful adventures of the wandering satyr.
>>
>>48322461
This entire time I've been arguing that it doesn't count as doing a good thing if it's done out of entirely selfish reasons. If you want to disagree with that definition of doing a good thing, that's fine, but that's what I've been saying, and that is what hasn't been being addressed.

I admit that I am overly frustrated because I've had a lot of arguments with people saying that Liliana "really cares about Jace" and therefore she totally was never horrible to him and they'd make a great couple. I also tend not to like Liliana because she doesn't have what I consider one of black's better qualities, which is being honest about the shit it does.
>>
>>48322685
>I've been arguing that it doesn't count as doing a good thing if it's done out of entirely selfish reasons
This is when I disagree then, because good still happened, regardless of being selfish or not.
A company donates a few million dollars for good publicity. It's pocket change to the company who quickly recoup their losses in good publicity advertising and the ensuing business that brings. But that money does a lot of good. But because they only did it for the good publicity makes it not a good action?

>and therefore she totally was never horrible to him and they'd make a great couple
I never said that. She does care about Jace enough that the "selfish" reason she saved Thraben being she was concerned over his well-being but she's canonically treated him like shit and they should stay friends.

>which is being honest about the shit it does
Now, this is you misunderstanding black. Black is the color of opportunity, not honesty. If black has more to gain by not telling the truth or lying it's ass off, that's what blacks going to do.
Black isn't going to say "Yeah, I murdered that guy good" when in a court of law. Or anywhere where it could be judged and thus lose influence with the people around it. Black is honest with itself. Killing someone in cold blood to save others would bother some of the colors, white especially, but it wouldn't bother black. That's where black's "honesty" comes from.
For example: Liliana admitted to Jace that she killed some hyper-serial killer on Ravnica, but she wouldn't have done that if his Azorious assistant was in the room. That's black's "honesty"
>>
>>48322885
Fair enough to the first two points, as I said, I tend to be a bit defensive.

However, I wasn't arguing black was the color of honesty. Of course black will lie if it's in black's best interests to do so. What I mean is that Liliana constantly refuses to take responsibility for her actions, even when it's actively detrimental to her. It's never her fault that something bad happened, she was always "forced into it" even when she's being forced by her own shitty choices. One of the things I tend to like about black is that its attitude tends to be "sure I did this shitty thing because that's just how humans are" rather than "I couldn't help doing this shitty thing because I just HAD to". Black will lie to escape the consequences, but not to avoid guilt, because it doesn't see the need for guilt.
>>
>>48323179
Ah, fair enough. But what hasn't she taken responsibility for. People argue maybe turning against her demons or trying to find a way to get rid of the chain veil, but that's all more "she has one problem that she turns into another." more than trying to escape responsibility.
>>
>>48323258
There's a lot of it in her interactions with Jace. "I didn't want to kill everyone you knew and loved Jace, but you didn't leave me any choice." And, yes, she even says this to herself, so it's not JUST an attempt to manipulate Jace, which would be bad enough.
>>
>>48323342
Fair enough, though with how self-serving black is I could see it being the color that would lie to itself to make it feel better. It may be portrayed as "honest" about these types of things, but it's not always the color that'd laugh and say "And I'd do it again if I had to!"
My guess is that she did feel bad about it and is lying to make herself feel better, which is probably also something black would do.
A sort of "it tends to take responsibility" not "it has to."
>>
>>48321216
Why does this one look like it's the real one while >>48321114 looks a bit stretched.
I mean, I like both but it's weird.
>>
>>48323419
True, but it is a quality that is often found in black that is one of the things I like most about black. It's not so much that Liliana isn't monoblack--she probably is--it's just that I really dislike all the parts of black she represents, I guess.
>>
>>48323452
I'd honestly have liked it so much more not thicc. I asked him to tone it down but eh.
>>
File: Thane Akuni, Magmamancer.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Thane Akuni, Magmamancer.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
http://pastebin.com/petHnaxP

So I tried my hand at doing some write-fagging for my character. This isn't a permanent pastebin, since I just want a bit of feedback so I can try and fix it up or find out what I should do to write better, before continuing on.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>48323864
Thicc angel is nice, but I do like >>48321216 a tad bit better. Still thicc but not overly so.
>>
>>48323904
Yeah, there she looks like her legs ar real
>>
File: Deathless_Angel.jpg (168 KB, 990x699) Image search: [Google]
Deathless_Angel.jpg
168 KB, 990x699
>>48323904

Thicc is best. Pic related would be a great example for reference if her weird top didn't specifically obscure her sides/waist.
>>
>>48324396
>Dietless angel
>>
Writing is hungry work.
>>
>>48325024
eat the text
become the first neo-atog
>>
>>48325189
That reminds me...have we had an Atog flake yet?
>>
>>48325257
I was just thinking that
no we don't
>>
>>48325343
All of his cards should have some form of food theme (Pinion Feast is a good example of this)
>>
Breaking news. G/W Humans is good, big surprise I know.
>>
>>48326833
Get anything good?
>>
>>48326938
Eh, my promo was a Heron's Grace Champion which cheesed me to victory many times along with Lone Rider. Junk rares mostly.

I am now the proud owner of half a Brisela and a Tree though so I guess that's something.
>>
>>48326833
Selesnya is the best guild.
>>
>>48326974
>Selesnya
You misspelled Izzet.
>>
>>48326980
I think you mean Boros.
>>
>>48326964
The good half?
>>
>>48326990
>>48326980
>>48326974
Best guild is non-existent guild.
>>
File: Deathpact Angel.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Deathpact Angel.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
>>48326974
>>48326980
Those are funny ways of spelling Orzhov

>>48326990
You get half points for picking the other half of best wedge though.
>>
>>48327042
The $0.50 half. I don't pull money cards, it's why I play scummy low cost decks like white weenies.
>>
File: NewUssa.png (2 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
NewUssa.png
2 MB, 2114x1600
>>48326974
Is that how you soft city-dwellers spell "Gruul"?

Anyway, here's a new flake. The portrait is a part of a larger sketch done by Murdock, who I am eternally grateful towards. I'll post the full sketch momentarily.
>>
File: satyrsketch.jpg (778 KB, 1754x2912) Image search: [Google]
satyrsketch.jpg
778 KB, 1754x2912
>>48327228
Full sketch. It's pretty big.
>>
>>48327228
I really like this character. And serious props for making a non-lewd satyr that still makes coherent narrative sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>48327099
Aww. I didn't pull any expensive cards either. My promo was the 1 drop spirit that sacs to counter. And everything else was junk.

I don't seem to ever pull anything good from Prereleases, but tend to do well when I buy a box. Here was my SOI pulls.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>48327317
>>
>>48327317
Fuck. My SOI box was Arlinn Kord and 3 Geralf's Masterpiece.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3592x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3592x3024
>>48327341
I traded in the Dec in Stones a few other things in for some more prerelease packs and pulled a promo Avacyn and a few other things.
>>
>>48310463
>Deliche
Like a 3. She doesn't have any unique powers, although all the GW-type magic she's picked up and her skills as a thief at least make her hard to get rid of. If anyone even wanted her dead. Worst case for her at this point is walking onto a plane where shit is going down and get caught up in things way over her head.

>Domhanrin
4 and steadily increasing. She doesn't have any talents on her own except being handy with a cleaver, but her beast-taming skills are growing continually and she may get a new version soon.

>Jayala
Again relegated to, what, another 3? She'd be way more if she'd been born on Fiora, but she's never really dealt with anyone trying to hurt or kill her, and won't be prepared. Planeswalker she might be, she'll be relying on her wit to get out of trouble, should it come. And her frequent trips to Fiora are just tempting fate.

>Double
7, roughly. Very powerful, given that aside from the clones that it becomes, it has no actual identity or even discernible form. It can appear anywhere, make the real someone dissapear, and cause weeks of chaos and disorder before leaving again, and even killing the forms it take don't seem to do anything to limit its ability. There have to be some limits and there are some very important ones that might or might not be the secret to killing it, but Double definitely tends to the "overpowered" side of the scale.

>Vivienna
3.5. She can fight well, being trained to do so and all, but she's not used to the planeswalking thing yet and is getting in way over her head trying to hunt Double. Might top out at around 5 with some experience.
>>
Question time, flakethread.
1. Would any of your walkers ever change colors as time goes on? Maybe lose colors? Or would they stay mostly the same?

2. What color or color combinations do you think is under-represented in the flakestorm? Over-represented?

3. What's your personal favorite plane, and how many of your walkers are from it? How many have visited it?
>>
>>48327228
>>48327249
Interesting. She is definitely what I expect from a mono-green character. Almost stereotypically so but that might change based on how she's written.

>>48327284
Are any of the satyrs lewd this time around? The only one I know was lewd was the one from the first snowstorm
>>
>>48327732
1. Two of my flakes have changed color identities already, and I think it's something that will continue as time goes by.

2. I haven't been counting up or anything, but my vague impression is that white, blue and red are relatively over-represented, black is rarer, and I feel as though I barely see any green ones. But that's just my perception.

3. It's tough to choose a favorite, but I think I've always liked Zendikar the most. Not anymore, of course, but pre-BFZ Zendikar. Strangely - and I didn't check this until I read this post - I don't actually have any flakes from Zendikar. My joke character Americia is from Zendikar, but that's it. That being said, a lot of my flakes have visited Zendikar. But it's just not the same anymore, y'know?
>>
File: 1463706657709.jpg (121 KB, 620x509) Image search: [Google]
1463706657709.jpg
121 KB, 620x509
>>48327732
1. Serena has already changed colours once, I don't see her changing again but if she did it would be going back to mono-white.

2. Most mono colours are underrepresented.

3. Uhhhh.............. You have one guess.
>>
Which flakes are op-plz-nerf?
>>
>>48327732
1. I haven't written it but the black in him is actually fiarly recent. He used to just be White/Red. If I ever write his Origin I'll get to that.

2. I'll be the first to admit we have a fuckton of White/Red users, whether pure Boros or in some kind of wedge or shard.

3. Zendikar. By far. It has my favorite elves, goblins, and vampires. The kor and hedrons are cool too. Now that the eldrazi are gone, I'm wondering if the roil will stop. If that's the case, something tells me it'll be the "new frontier" world when we next go back. You know, a great land rush to set up towns and dig up gold and treasure and the like. It'll justify landfall and make it the "adventure world" again. The only walker I have is from there.
>>
>>48327904
>one guess
Oh OH! I know this one! It's __Rath___!
>>
File: 1 - dRAk0CU.jpg (375 KB, 2400x3300) Image search: [Google]
1 - dRAk0CU.jpg
375 KB, 2400x3300
>>48327913
Serena's tits are OP, but no one better nerf them.

>>48327904
You seem like the ...Mirrodin type.
>>
File: image.png (284 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
284 KB, 600x400
>>48327732
1. Probably. It all just depends on the writing for them that would lead to any changing/adding colors. The only one I think wouldn't change is Vronak.

2. I think four color flakes are heavily under-represented. And above even that domain flakes are even more so than that.

3. My favorite plane is probably Lorwyn. And only one of my flakes is from there.
>>
>>48327732
1. Marlis already has moved from WB to WR. Damian goes through enough traumatizing events to move from Grixis to practically anything, so it's certainly possible.

2. I've no idea, honestly. I guess WR seems to be pretty heavy.

3. Ravnica; none of my flakes are from it, but Iskra is trying to find it.
>>
>>48327732
1) Gaia accumulated colors throughout her life. Does that count? Otherwise, I don't see any of my flakes changing colors. Maaaybe Belagir will eventually gain more blue traits in his personality. Because right now is temperament is solidly green to me.

2) Mono-colored. Maybe mono green.

3) Hmm.....Phyrexia maybe? Or Rath? It's hard to choose. Mirrodin was pretty cool, before it got rekt. The only flake that has any chance of ever seeing Phyrexia was Gaia. And if she did, it was between the time that its creator died and Yawgmoth came. She probably showed up and was like "neato, fake plane." And then noped out before it collapsed from exposure. I doubt any of them have been to Rath. The plane was only around for a relatively short time, yes? And it got rekt before the Mending. Sooo, only Gaia had any chance of going there, and I'm saying she didn't. I have not established anything about my flakes visiting Mirrodin, but its always a possibility, I suppose. I think I said once that Myxxzzikt was studying the new Phyrexians, or something.
>>
>>48327994
Four color flakes shouldn't really be represented, though. At the point where you hit four-color, you're no longer really boiling your flake down to their most salient characteristics.
>>
File: MANA.jpg (72 KB, 784x426) Image search: [Google]
MANA.jpg
72 KB, 784x426
>>48327988
OpieOpie
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2048x1359) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2048x1359
>>48327904
>>48327945
>>48327988
Guys, it's obvious that her favorite plane is Inside the Helvault.

Pic is me getting prepared for the inevitable war to come from this.
>>
>>48328081
I think it's the opposite. I think it's extremely hard to flesh out a flake with four colors represented and it makes the flake more complex as a character and can lead to some really great background setups.
>>
>>48328120
It's almost like you actually WANT that meme to continue.
>>
>>48328137
Just throwing this out there. I pray to the merciful card gods that WotC never makes a 4 or 5 colored planeswalker. Thank you, based card gods, for giving us Nicol-B. He's the only colorful bro we need.
>>
>>48328139
I honestly don't care either way.
>>
>>48328162
We have two other tri-color Planeswalkers though.
>>
>>48328177
Like I said. He's the only colorful bro we need. Praise be to based keikaku dragon. May he scheme forever and rek this shit show.
>>
>>48328137
The only way to really define a four-color flake is as "very NOT the fifth color", which is exceedingly difficult because when you have four colors, the fifth tends to become an emergent property.
>>
File: image.jpg (903 KB, 900x1407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
903 KB, 900x1407
>>48328213
Kukaku Dragon?
>>
>>48328213
Nicol "It took me centuries to get a couple of insane people to do stupid things and then I got beat up by a big cat" Bolas.
>>
>>48328268
Very much agreed.
>>
>>48328324
Exactly. Sometimes it's just more fun to watch the world burn.
>>
>>48328319
I really hope you die in a fire.

I just...I hate you so much.
>>
File: image.png (219 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
219 KB, 333x500
>>48328365
>>
>>48328338
This is why I was saying four-color flakes should be underrepresented. There are only a few good ways to do them, and a lot of bad ways.
>>
File: Hyrios Obiru Hierophant.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Hyrios Obiru Hierophant.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
Here's the first in a series of stories about that snowflake plane and custom set I've been slowly working on.
>http://pastebin.com/AGkmNer9
Pic related.
>>
>>48323885
>No one's told me that if I'm good or suck at writing.
>>
File: Me am Eldrazi.jpg (883 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Me am Eldrazi.jpg
883 KB, 2448x3264
DIY Brisela
>>
>>48329699
I take silence as a good thing.
>>
I really need to actually write something about my flakes, especially if I'm going to justify certain things for any of them.
>Deliche
is boring. I could attempt to make her not-boring, but I don't know how. I'd actually rather just rework her into something a little different, so maybe, just maybe, she'll get something.
>Domhanrin
I really want to do something with her but it feels more like an obvious stepping stone than something to write about. Maybe it'll come with more powers than the obvious, but then I have to figure out why, and, well, problems ensue. I also haven't had much experience writing crazy yandere-types.
>Jayala
Okay, Jayala might actually be fun. I've given her at least a few potential hooks, such as being on Fiora and not knowing how dangerous it can really be.
>Double
This just in, Double eats someone, pretends to be them, then moves on. Extra, extra, read all about it.
>Vivienna
The one I actually want to flesh out a little more and do stuff with, at least currently. As for what, and why, I'm far less certain.

I may just make the change(s) I'm thinking about now and move on, maybe write about it later.
>>
>>48330137
Do what you think would be neat. That's all I got.
>>
>>48328268
>>48328338
>>48328478
Somewhat related.

Do you think the Nephilim Commanders will actually be 4 colors, or will they just be hybrid mana?
>>
>>48329929
I suppose so, though quiet's always bothered me I guess.

>>48329715
So was that the top half you tore last night?
>>
>>48330491
I didn't tear anything, I gave my friend a dollar to tear his. That's a normal Bruna's rear face on the bottom of my Giant Gisela.
>>
>>48330552
Right, my bad. I was just wondering if you'd have a full Brisela if the card didn't get torn, that's all.
But I guess the top half is Gisela then.
>>
>>48330455
I keep suspecting they're going to be multiple creatures on one card, a la Gisa and Geralf--so two two-colored creatures or something.
>>
>>48330602
Whenever me and my friend do 2HG I always think of shit like that.

Usually I'm Gruul and he's Azorius the bastard
>>
>>48330137
>This just in, Double eats someone, pretends to be them, then moves on. Extra, extra, read all about it.
I laughed
>>
>>48330595
Yeah, Gisela is the flash top bit and Bruna is the wordy bottom bitch, just like it's always been. Deepest Lore.
>>
Christ. This owl mom and Serena story is going to be loooong when it's done.

A question. Would you guys rather it be posted ITT as subsequent posts, or as a pdf? Which is better, do you think? I think presentation is important, so I'd like your input.
>>
>>48331613
If we posted as posts it would take like 50, that's just not plausible.
>>
>>48331613
PDF, please.
>>
>>48331613
>>48331670

If it's that long I suggest a PDF for a google doc or something. Presentation is important, as you said, and it drives me crazy when the story's not all in one place 90% of the time. Plus if it's long that eats up a lot of posts before we can discuss any of it.
>>
>>48331706
>>48331694
>>48331670
Aight. I'm just always afraid that stories not posted ITT as normal posts never get read. It's my paranoia, I guess. And this story is turning out quite well, so I'd like it to be read, if possible.
>>
>>48331743
Don't worry, I'm sure with how we've pumped it up people will be sure to read 'Owl Mom gets gutted like a sardine and bleeds out while Serena has a mental breakdown'.
>>
>>48331781
Is that the working title?
>>
>>48331781

>Serena has a mental breakdown

God damn it, even in fanfiction we're 1 for a couple hundred or so on best angels getting through Innistrad OK.
>>
File: Mira.png (783 KB, 1152x875) Image search: [Google]
Mira.png
783 KB, 1152x875
Eyyyy. I'm working on Mira's sheet. Thoughts on the spell list?
>>
File: Image.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>48332408

Seems pretty good for an aerial predator, although I'm kinda surprised. I'd have thought Mira would have a more defensive spell selection, given what she does.
>>
>>48331743
Well apparently 20 people have read my little practice thing. I imagine everyone's going to stop to read something you and Serena anon put out.
>>
>>48332810
If you have ideas, I'm all ears. I pretty much just searched for wind spells and various buff spells, with a bit of prot thrown in, because that's the magic she uses when she tanks.
>>
>>48333217
It's a shame that every green card that has to do with wind is about damaging flying creatures. It feels weird for a flying thing to cast spells that hurt flying creatures.
>>
>>48323885
It seems all right to me. Nothing really jumps out as wrong. I say keep writing things.
>>
>>48333489
You have no idea how relieving your post is.
>>
Is your flake going to have a happy ending?
>>
>>48333642
Hondick, maybe
Anna, Hopefully
Jorge, Starke, The Cathar... doubtful.
>>
>>48333642
I think most of them will turn out all right in the end. I have a notable exception in mind, but other than that, yeah.
>>
>>48330960
Eh. I still use them all. Avacyn Hope is in my Reanimator, Domain, and soon to be Angel deck. Gisela is in my Reanimator and soon to be Angel deck. Sigarda is in my Reanimator deck. And Bruna is in my w/u Aura Commander deck. The original Innistrad block might be my favorite block. And Avacyn Restored might be my favorite set ever. Neat.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 312x445
>>48332408
Needs more Hoots.
>>
File: image.png (198 KB, 481x348) Image search: [Google]
image.png
198 KB, 481x348
So, I'm working on the basis for a new flake. And I've been thinking up cards to best represent him. What does everyone think? Any suggestions to make it more balanced?
>>
>>48334303
Just realized that you really can't read the Planeswalker side. Here you go.

Rorek, Scion Epitome
2BB

+1: Add 2 mana of any color combination to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast spells with hybrid mana in their cost.

0: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature. Transform Rorek, Scion Epitome.

-8: You get an emblem with "Whenever you tap a land for mana, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. Whenever an opponent taps a land for mana, you may put a -1/-1 counter on target creature."

Starting Loyalty: 5
>>
>>48334303
I can't actually read any of that planeswalker text, so I can't advise you on it. If that transform isn't his ult, though, then it's gonna be overpowered. Maybe force the other side to only exist for one turn?
>>
>>48334303
>>48334321
Also, I'm on my phone and can't get a good site to upload a pic to make a Planeswalker card. Anyone mind making Rorek's Planeswalker card for me? I think http://mtgcardsmith.com/planeswalker/upload is the best one. Don't know of any other ones that use the Origins font.
>>
>>48334347
Post the art, I'll make an MSE card that's actually readable with it.
>>
>>48334321
So wait, this is basically a 4-drop 7/7 with Flying, first strike, vigilance, indestructible, and haste that also lets you put a -1/-1 counter on something? There has to be something I'm missing here.
>>
File: image.png (371 KB, 600x926) Image search: [Google]
image.png
371 KB, 600x926
>>48334359
Thank you.
>>
>>48334377
If you play it too soon, more than likely there won't be any other creatures on the battlefield. As well as you won't have four solid mana to save him. Thus, exile, return, and so forth. I was thinking of adding a stipulation for keeping him a creature. Like some decent drawback. But, really it's no less than turn 6 to activate his ultimate. And that's with Dol Ring. And turn 4 swinging unblocked. And that's with Sol Ring. So, I didn't know if a drawback was really necessary. Just look at Ormendahl.
>>
File: Rorek Scion Epitome.jpg (75 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Rorek Scion Epitome.jpg
75 KB, 752x523
>>48334429
What you're saying here is essentially "It dies to Doom Blade". Of course a creature can be removed in any number of ways. But the difference between Westvale Abbey and this guy is that Westvale Abbey has a big drawback to flip, so you want to make sure it sticks when you flip it. Flipping this guy has no consequence, it's a four mana 7/7 with fucktons of evasion with an upside of "put a -1/-1 counter on target creature" And there's no way that ability ever misses, by the way, unless playing against heavy burn or control, and if you're playing against control you're likely never going to get to resolve such a big threat at any point.

Also, here's your proper card. The creature type caused a bit of an issue spacing wise, but whatever.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1951x1413) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1951x1413
>>48334502
You think he has a big drawback to flip, but... Pic related. True, it's a four card combo, but meh. You can just ramp and Secure the wastes for 6 also.

But, like I said before. I was toying with the idea of a drawback as well. Perhaps like at your end step it deals 6 damage to you, can't be prevented, or at your end step sac a creature.
>>
>>48334629
Sorry, three card combo. Shit, I'm tired.
>>
>>48334502
Also, thanks for the card. Much appreciated.
>>
>>48334429
A drawback is absolutely necessary here. Yes, things like Path to Exile and Anguished Unmaking exist to get rid of indestructible creatures, even at instant speed, but it dodges a ton of stuff and gets to swing in for 7 in the air the turn it comes out, AND is still up to block afterwards, meaning you just completely shut down any combat interaction by a gigantic margin, AFTER you already killed or weakened one of their creatures. Like, that flip-side is so powerful I thought it was the ultimate when I was first reading all those keywords.

>>48334629
>ramp and Secure the Wastes
Yeah. You know, playing around Westvale Abbey. Dedicating cards and turns to it, not dropping a mini-Ormendahl for free on turn 4. I'm not trying to sound mean here, but God damn, you must play against Path and Swords all the time. I don't envy whatever game experiences you've had that led you to this.
>>
>>48334717
Yeah, half of my friends are super competitive. I only have three decks that really compete, Reanimator and turn 1 or 2 Griselbrand. Burn. And w/g Boggle/Elfs.
>>
>>48334502
If you don't mind to tack on "At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice a creature." on his creature side.

Unless you think something else might be better suited.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.