[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how would you describe the aesthetics of a setting like Final
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Arcadia.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Arcadia.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
So how would you describe the aesthetics of a setting like Final Fantasy 12. To me, it has the right blend of modern type amenities along with the old world fantasy feel that would, I think, be comfortable enough for the average person's imagination (i.e. the sort of people who play D&D and expect the ye 'old type of setting).

I know Eberron is a thing but I would love to see more settings with similar sorts of of imagery.
>>
>>48308407
I've seen it described as "Science Fantasy", which I like.
>>
Pulp fantasy maybe? Modern fantasy sort of.
>>
>>48308407
badly designed
>>
File: Battle-Above-Rabanastre2.png (288 KB, 512x340) Image search: [Google]
Battle-Above-Rabanastre2.png
288 KB, 512x340
>>48308444

How so?
>>
>>48308475
Everything looks unfocussed and messy like a teenager with no knowledge of architecture or fashion would design it. Which also sums up about 110% of all Jap shit if we're being honest.
>>
>>48308500
Isn't that basically 100% of most fiction in general, which isn't written by architects or fashion designers?
>>
>>48308524
Most of Western fantasy isn't a complete mess to look at because it mostly keeps in line with real life. Unlike weeb fantasy.
>>
>>48308407
Final fantasy lost the old world feel long before that.
>>
>>48308539
Both of them are complete messes if you're looking at it from a normal perspective. They might suffer from different problems, but they're all complete messes nonetheless.
>>
>>48308541
Final Fantasy never had the old world feel to begin with.
>>
>>48308577

It has it's roots in D&D but I'm more then glad it doesn't stick to them. Many things can be said about the various directions taken but sticking to the old tried and true methods of fantasy is stale in my mind.
>>
>>48308643
Well you get people like >>48308539 who believe wholeheartedly that only a single kind of fantasy should exist, so there's people on both sides of the fence in any case.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.