[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who Will Stop The Worlds Most Evil Dog?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: SamUgliestDogLulu.jpg (245 KB, 810x630) Image search: [Google]
SamUgliestDogLulu.jpg
245 KB, 810x630
http://falsemachine.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/who-will-stop-worlds-most-evil-dog.html
(an adventure for level 1 players)

I'm imagiing a small black dog that constantly foils the PC's

steals babies and runs off with them

breaks into houses and bites the noses off old women

extremely racist

an evil genius

sets up traps

lures you into bad situations

leads you into dens of criminals

hides in the bog and lures you in to drown

sometimes spasms and attacks own tail

steals burning torches and sets churches on fire

kind of wheezes and yowls insanely instead of barking

stampedes cows

jumps on horses and rides them, guiding them by biting

sends carts running out of control

steals rare and valuable things and leaves them in the PC's packs without them knowing

ends up setting a gigantic fire and escaping on the keel of an upturned boat that goes down the river

shits in the font

digs up fresh graves (it never seems to sleep) and runs off with wedding rings

drops pigeon corpses into the well, poisoning it

eventually ends up leading a pack of wolves through town

hides in the toilet, waiting for you

steals money and throws it in the river

steals magic items and throws them in the well

runs along rooftops, has learn how to use ladders and climb trees

confuses the lock-manager by killing the crowing cock that wakes them up, then imitating the sound at the wrong time, so they end up flooding the town

keeps the doctor awake all night by yowling outside his window

can scream like a cat

pisses in your bed, poops in your shoes

it will only poop in human shoes (this is its one weakness)

takes drugs when it can (another weakness) and drinks to a shameful degree (it never becomes incapacitated)

gestures with its eyebrows

can smell fear

thinks you're kind of a pussy
>>
pushes old men under water wheels

thows dead cats in between the windmills grinding-wheels, ruining the corn

when the mill-wheels are taken out for washing, it removes the chocks and sents one rolling through town, smashing through walls

it uses this to break into the bank (it wants the money, which it will throw in the river)

people think an old man is master of the dog but he is terrified of it

you get sucked into its all-encompassing plan

it rules crime in this town, the thieves guild are all terrified of it

attacks pregnant women

spooks the shire-horses pulling the canal-boats through town and makes them pull the boats to one side so they block the canal and capsize

the mayor hired an assasin from the captial to kill it, the dog ate him an now wears his bloodstained cloak, the assassins guild refuses to believe this has happened and has sent another assasin to kill the mayor

the local wizard tried to remove the curse upon the dog, but there was no curse and the dog stole his spell book and dropped it in the well

the dog intends to blow up the brewery somehow

the local cultists tried summoning a demon to destroy the dog but the dog licked away part of their magic circle and the demon escaped and ate them

the demon is a little scared of the dog

at a wedding the dog jumped into the wedding cake and no-one could get it out

a widow of a colonel who retired in town has called up the guard but the dog has outwitted them at every turn

it seems to be everywhere

no-one will send help to the town as no-one will belive that its just a dog doing this and the townspeople are too scared to admit the truth

a small faction on the town council is considering putting the dog in charge, since it does what it wants anyway

people think maybe the PC's will help, but some think they are doomed and others, who still can't quite accept that its just a dog, think the real villain will eventually reveal themselves and that this might be the PC's
>>
Learn to greentext.
>>
File: Mr-Pickles-post-21.jpg (220 KB, 620x344) Image search: [Google]
Mr-Pickles-post-21.jpg
220 KB, 620x344
I'd probably just skip town.

Evil dogs are too hardcore for me.
>>
>For level 1 players
>Two text boxes worth of descriptions of a dog

A level 1 adventure shouldn't be more than 2000 words long. (not including monster stats).

Goblins have kidnapped a unicorn and are going to make it into a stew to become immortal. You are hired by a druid to rescue the unicorn and he points you toward the last known location of the goblins. You find the trail from there (random encounter while following the trail) and it leads to a cave.

Have a small map of the cave set up, about 15-20 goblins to murder and a unicorn to save.

Fucking done.
>>
>>48307689
I ask it "Whos a good boy" finally giving it the love and care it has craved, turning it into a good dog.
>>
>>48307960
It pretends to love you for 6 years before pretending to die, leaving you heartbroken.

And then it steals your booze.
>>
>>48307854
Its not really that long at all. Its more "The Adventure = this dog is evil. Here are some ideas of evil things the dog does".
>>
>>48307689
just call the ATF
>>
I love the concept, but depending on your starting party this could all be ended with a single well placed crossbow bolt.

Best to run the evil dog scenario before the party acquire serious gear; might even want to delay acquisition of starting weapons in favour of forcing them to use whatever they can beg barter or steal to defeat the evil dog.
>>
File: LO1398145929168.gif (500 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
LO1398145929168.gif
500 KB, 245x180
>>48307695
>the mayor hired an assasin from the captial to kill it, the dog ate him an now wears his bloodstained cloak, the assassins guild refuses to believe this has happened and has sent another assasin to kill the mayor
>the local wizard tried to remove the curse upon the dog, but there was no curse and the dog stole his spell book and dropped it in the well
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 515x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 515x285
I know OP probably right this is 'random' bad stuff. But The Black Dog has been an omen of bad luck depression and death in many a mythology.

I like the idea of some sort of nebulous animalistic evil that stalks the players and can't be defeated just by swords and spells, But I can't help but think the player will just be scream it's a creator pet.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.