[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever wanted to make a card game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Card types.png (11 KB, 418x578) Image search: [Google]
Card types.png
11 KB, 418x578
Did you ever wanted to make a card game?
>>
No, but I have wanted to use correct grammar in my OP
>>
>>48307513
Fuck, so I just let the thread die and make another one?
>>
Not seriously, but I have been thinking of ways to improve on the nearly-perfect system Duel Masters uses.
>>
I once made a obvious once
Blackjack
J is 11
Q is 12
K is 13
A is 1 or 14 whatever is better
Its 27 to brust instead of 21
>>
>>48307545
Not with that image.
>>
>>48307647
how you could improve it?
>>48307658
why?
>>
>>48307462
H20
Are you serious or is that intentionally wrong?
>>
>>48307717
I just wrote everything really quick, that's why its on Work in Progress
>>
>>48307700
Oh, I don't know...

>look at my totally original not-Magic colors
>I don't know chemistry
>card types are totally not Yu-Gi-Oh with Pokémon evolutions
>look at all these creature types that I don't know what to do with but gotta have types rite?
>>
Why do the popular card games copy the five colors of magic?
>>
>>48307819
Pokemon has like 10 or 11 types.
>>
>>48307782
so what if I want the cards evolve or fuse with others? what is wrong with it? just because this mechanics are on other games doesn't mean I can use them or improve them. Also you see (WIP) on them, so I can remove or fix them any time.

>>48307819
I guess its more easy on certain mechanics.
>>
File: artstyle.gif (152 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
artstyle.gif
152 KB, 1280x1024
>>48307462
of course. i also made up my own inserts for the star wars card game and played them by myself in my room.

it was a lonely, but happy, childhood.
>>
Yep yep. The influences were armored core and Go Fish. Basically collect sets of cards to build modular mechs, then battle each other. First builder to X kills wins. 'junk' mechanics and attributes to reuse / rebuild mechs etc etc.
>>
>>48307864
Let's see.
Judging by that.. let's call it a "design document", your creative process most likely went something like this:

>Magic, Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh are so fun
>I bet it's going to be even more fun if I combine them
>but I have to rename the stuff to show how original it is

If you actually had any idea of where to go with the design and wanted to improve on existing mechanics instead of ripping them off wholesale, you would just keep their names for the WIP stage, because you can change them at any time.
As for the totally-not-Magic-colors in particular, you need to have a theme there. Instead you just picked random stuff that has nothing to do with each other. Unlike picking five related terms, you went with
>color
>chemical formula
>concept
>element
>verb
which is, simply put, stupid.
>>
>>48308185
You got me there I guess.
Honestly I was thinking about different tribes, that interact with other ones in lore wise.
The thing is that I wanted also to have generic cards that don't have a tribe or they are not tied to something, but that support certain cards.So People can have not Tribe base decks. that's why I add attributes but I might get rid of them if I cant find a substitute for colors, but who knows.
>>
I tried to come with some 4chan card game once.
Each player would pick a board and pick cards from this board only (some cards would be allowed on any board).

All my ideas resulted in players playing their stuff separatedly and then the one that wins first win the game.
So since I was not able to come with true tcg gameplay I decided to quit.

>players playing their stuff separatedly and then the one that wins first win the game.?
Imagine two players playing solitaire, each one play his own game alone, on each turn they make just one move and the one that wins first his game, wins the match.
Allthe rules I had forr the 4chan games resulted in duels like this one, that arent true duels and one player wont influence the other player. Since I found this feature boring and couldnt come with different ideas, I quit
>>
Yes but I'm terrible at making up rules, abilities, etc.

It's a dream of mine but its a dream I can't fulfill.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.