[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SS13: d20
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
Rolled 17 (1d20)

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client. There's games other than SS13, but enter those at your own risk.
BYOND Download link: http://www.byond.com/download/
You'll also want a BYOND account,which gives you a ckey so you can save preferences and be recognized by the game. It's highly recommended to make an account if you're experiencing connection issues or don't want to be a fat tourist/starving space bum.

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below.
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>How do I play
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter) and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC. There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game or being a dick. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>D20 wiki where?
http://robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/

>When does everyone play?
Check out the server pop graph to see when people are playing: https://www.ss13.se/servers/2926/

>Who are these tripfaggots?
Usually admins/coders in the server.
>>
Why nobody's writing in these threads?
>>
So Where's the fun hidden? Is it basically npc's npc'ing at each other?
>>
>>48306556
>Is it basically npc's npc'ing at each other?
Nah, just players RPing at each other.
There's a bunch of mechanics that make life on the station require some amount of effort. Some of the crew will be tasked with keeping the power going through solar panels or combustion engine, others might be tasked with healing people with bandages/medicine.
And then there's some people who have secretly been given a malicious task.
>>48306516
I don't like to bump my own threads too much.
>>
>>48307093
Post storytime screencaps so that people know you're fun
>>
File: ULDt4n9.jpg (331 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
ULDt4n9.jpg
331 KB, 1200x1600
>playing detective on /tg/
>watch some naked greytide shitter as he builds spears and IEDs
>take pictures
>write him down in my detective journal
>follow him as he sneaks to the brig
>follow him as he enters the AI upload
>jump on him and beat him down with my baton
>handcuff him
>can't take him to brig cause an explosion blew a hole in the floor
>take him to my office instead
BWOINK
admin: "why are you doing this"
admin: "why didn't you take him to brig?"
admin: "stop being an asshole to him"
>tell admin there's a hole in brig
admin "no there isn't"
>ok
>take him to brig
>there's a hole in the brig
>shitter dies
BWOINK
admin: "that wasn't cool at all. don't be a dick and murder people."

Was I in the wrong? Someone tell me I wasn't in the wrong so I can stop feeling annoyed about this.
>>
>>48307735

From the events you have related to us it would appear that you are not in the wrong.
>>
>>48307735
Knowing the /tg/servers I'm sure the dude you were arresting was buttbuddies of the admin
>>
>>48307735
Admin was just being a fag, there was no way you were in the wrong. You just did what you were supposed to do and then the admin told you "No u gotta put him in da brig" and the shitter died because of the admin's incompetence, did you get banned or anything for that?
>>
File: 1417997636389.png (235 KB, 800x1144) Image search: [Google]
1417997636389.png
235 KB, 800x1144
So who's up for a round or two of spessmen? Remember to bring as many friends as you can, maybe then we can get D20 back on it's feet.
>>
Senpai, need help stresstesting spessman server.

Gulag — Salt Station 13
byond://BYOND.world.1282467109##guest
or webclient
http://www.byond.com/play/1282467109

Join in and chillax.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.