[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The strong should rule over the fates of the weak. That is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 31
File: smug anime girl 417.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl 417.png
117 KB, 372x351
>The strong should rule over the fates of the weak. That is what entitles me to lord over these vermin and do with them as I please.

>Feel free to strike me down. You will only prove my point with your own strength over mine.
>I challenge you to do away with me underhandedly. There is strength in a blade from the shadows or a bullet from afar. My point will stand.
>Why not send your weakest of followers to swarm me? There is strength in numbers, and you shalls reinforce my point all the same. Ah, my many subjects whom I rule? Is it not a testament to my own strength that I keep their wills subservient to mine all the same?

How does your character deal with this generic "strong should rule over the weak" villain?
>>
>>48304471
Kill him.
>>
Kill it, for none shall challenge MY right to rule.
All your lands are belong to us
>>
Stab him in the kidneys during this lofty speech.
>>
Prove that Noblesse Oblige is far stronger than brute strength. That the might of one who takes ownership and responsibility of the world is far greater than one who would simply force it to do his will. True lordship is a matter of honour and responsibility, and those who try to claim the title without accepting the duty will learn a harsh lesson.
>>
>>48304471

Bitchslap him, showing him he's the weak one, and go "...so, what now? Dumbass."
>>
>>48304471
I mock his philosophy for the high-school bullshit that it is, then pray to my god for power and then use that power to smite his ass.

His philosophy is ass backwards, and seems to classify every variety of strength under the same umbrella. You could make a case that he believes in the view that the weak deserve to be conquered regardless of the methodology used, rather than having a true Might Makes Right viewpoint. The strong defeat the weak, the cunning defeat the weak, the abundant defeat the weak, etc. Basically, the weak lose.
>>
>>48304471
Uh, he's going to kill him?
Let him be insufferably smug as he dies, he'll be dead.
He loses. Who gives a shit about the philosophy of a tyranny of the strong?
Especially as espoused by a dead man.

What will happen, will happen.
And shitbag tyrants usually result in murderous revolutionaries.
>>
>>48304471
"Well, I'm not saying you're wrong but hey.
Jesus Christ was right and see where it got him." Then proceed to dispose of him with various vile magic at my convenience.

And GM gives me the mean look for not respecting the 4th wall
>>
>>48304471

Just kill him. Does it really matter what he believes, once he's dead?
>>
...kill him and prove him right, because he is, I'm just righterer because he's dead and I'm not?

Sorry moralfag.
>>
Who is supposed to be held back by this kind of speech? Is it genuine belief or an underhanded last ditch effort to safe themselves? Does it matter?
>>
It's good that you accept your fate. Let's get this done. En garde!
>>
>>48304471
>implying all of that isn't correct

Whatever makes you feel better while you prioritize smug anime girls over going to the gym, I guess
>>
>>48304664
so when I send my army of robots in, does that make me strong?

also goverment comes from the rule of the goverened.

OR, "die royalist scum, power belongs to the people, MAO ON!!!!"

And then you become Super Communist, and flex
>>
Kill/defeat him. If he dies or loses, in his own words, he does not deserve to rule.
>>
>There is power in the law, because it offers right to rule to the strong AND protection to the weak.
>There isn't much merit to uphold as one-sided law as yours is. You didn't rule; you used. You didn't protect; you were the worst danger of this land. It's time for you to face the consequences. BEGONE!
>>
>>48304680
>so when I send my army of robots in, does that make me strong?

Yes. Power is power. I'd just advise lifting when you can in between building robots.
>>
>>48304471
Poison him.

Then bring a retard cripple to confes he did it.
>>
Presumably we are fighting him not /because/ he rules but because we don't like what he does with that power. I'm not sure how "proving his point" would really subvert the party's actions.
>>
>>48304471
>Strength is not a constant, I was once weak and now I face you on even ground. The strong should foster the weak, give them room to grow strong not crushed and kept weak. I walk the path of true strength, you walk the path of weakness, of cowardice!
>>
>>48304471
Start insulting him with bad "yo momma" jokes etc.

(My Swashbuckler/Dragon Sorcerer/Bard just loves pissing of and humiliating his enemies)
>>
>>48304471
>Feel free to strike me down. You will only prove my point with your own strength over mine.
OK. Enjoy knowing you won the argument as you burn in hell.

It's not as if this is a debate club.
>>
>>48304471
>>Feel free to strike me down. You will only prove my point with your own strength over mine.
Kill him, tell him to his face that he never realized how unique he really is. Like everyone.
>>
File: wicked_chivalrous[1].png (79 KB, 269x294) Image search: [Google]
wicked_chivalrous[1].png
79 KB, 269x294
>>48304498
>Noblesse Oblige
That's my favorite phrase in the history of anything ever, my man. Both for the way it sounds and for what it expresses. Shit son, that phrase is so beautiful it puts me on the verge of tears.
>>
Helluva coincidence.
Just last night I dreamed up a fantasy webcomic depicting the strong fated to fall at the feet of the weak.
Neat.
I'll post it if I manage to get it done.
>>
>>48304471
By murdering him. I'm not here to fight him over his ideological views im here to because he is running the country poorly
>>
>>48304471
Offer him employment. He'd fit in great with the other Security guys.
>>
>>48304471
>Muh "my ideology being is just reinforced if you kill me"
I'm sure there must be an established fallacy to describe this right, or at least a trope? The Se7en Setback or something? It's like the trolley problem and pallies all over again.

As for my character, he would see him as unworthy of his life and kill him, as long as he's trying to stop me or harm anyone I care about. Otherwise, leave him to his monologues and red wine.
>>
>>48304471
Cast some luck magic on him so later that day he has a brain injury making him lose control of his bowels and bladder and short term memory, then take my leave.
>>
>>48304471
"If your philosophy states it's morally okay for me to murder you and take all your possessions, you may want to re-think your philosophy.

Jesus Christ, even Libertarians have the NAP, as stupid as that idea is. Your position just boils down to COME AT ME BRO."

I then murder him and take all his possessions. It's what he would have wanted. Literally.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>48304471
Kick him in the balls.
I want to roll for power, but I don't know if it still works.
>>
File: 1464308605576.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464308605576.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>48304817
>I then murder him and take all his possessions. It's what he would have wanted. Literally.
But do you then take the possessions of everyone else weaker than yourself? If so, you're no better than the BEG. If not, you're actually worse than the BEG because at least he sticks to his guns.

Unless you provide him with a satisfying answer, your options are being a monster or being a hypocrite.
>>
>>48304471
Just beat his ass and ignore that dumb spiel of his. He's retarded: he's got the whole thing backwards. The weak shouldn't rule over the strong: by ruling over others you've proven yourself strong. It's by winning you prove yourself strong. Calling yourself strong before winning is just delusion.
>>
>>48304827
Shit, we have liftoff.
>>
>>48304842
>*The strong shouldn't rule over the weak
Fuck.
>>
>>48304832
>sticks to his guns.
He didn't even imply that he was killing the guy and taking his shit because of the same reasons he would have. Just that he would do that, and the guy would support it.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (1 MB, 436x500) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
1 MB, 436x500
>>48304827
>>48304847
>The BEG is kicked to the edge of the universe and back
>Having seen all that ever was and all that ever will be, he is a changed man
>>
>>48304832
What? The BEG says that anyone weaker than him doesn't deserve free will, how is stopping him hypocritical?
>>
>>48304832
I'm probably a hypocrite in a thousand ways I never think about, and you don't see me crying myself to sleep over them
>>
>>48304471

I agree with his general point, but it isn't going to change my actions.
We can both do as we like if we have the power to do so, and I'm choosing to oppose him.
>>
>>48304832
Lolwut?

No, his position is that the only authority one needs to back up their actions is might. If anyone asks why he's oppressing people, his answer would basically boil down to "because I can".

Thus, there is no moral imperative for me to rob anyone else except him. Hell, there's no moral imperative for me to rob him, either. I just do it because I can, which is completely in keeping with his philosophy.

If you want to insist that I "have to" do something, you either need to prove you're stronger than me, or you need to start arguing for some other source of authority besides might.
>>
>>48304471
I pin him down and get a starving child with leprosy to shiv him.
>>
>>48304832
>Unless you provide him with a satisfying answer, your options are being a monster or being a hypocrite.

Disregard morality, acquire funds.
>>
I have my pet tiger maul him to death. Then while he's bleeding out I ask if the tiger should rule.

And then I crown the tiger because fuck it, why not?
>>
>>48304471
I seduce him
>>
File: 1412530940170.jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1412530940170.jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
>>48304927
Doujins when?
>>
>>48304934
The only case of "I whore myself to the BBEG" I could think of would be ShindoL's fem-Link thing.
It doesn't end well.
>>
>>48304471
I ask him if they have ever felt weak, if they have ever had their fate ruled over by a stronger being.
If they say no, I challenge them to a duel to the pain.
>>
File: ptlbr.jpg (193 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
ptlbr.jpg
193 KB, 1200x1200
>>48304471
"Don't move! You're under arrest!"
>>
>>48304471
Why should I care if *he* thinks he's right? If he can get me to fall for his bantz, he's already won by way of being able to set the rules, so I don't even argue or listen. It's not like my party is in any position to do anything but arrest him and turn him over to the King's justice.
>>
>>48304733
spoken like a true peasant who actually swallows that shit like it means anything
>>
>>48304471
Blow him up with that TNT I placed under the podium an hour ago.

Who gives a shit what he thinks? He's a tyrant and soon to be dead.

Even if he had a point, he applies the term 'strength' so broadly its become all but meaningless.
>>
>>48304471
Treat your followers as vermin, and they will be vermin. Treat your followers as men, and they will be men. An army of men does not fear an army of vermin.
>>
Cripple him so he has to rely on the goodwill of others for the rest of his life.
>>
File: 7KD5ZAV[1].jpg (239 KB, 960x895) Image search: [Google]
7KD5ZAV[1].jpg
239 KB, 960x895
>>48305009
Peasant and proud!

>"P-Please work harder! I need crops to feed my sister-wife and my eight inbred children and I'm too dumb to grow them myself"
-You
>>
>>48304763
So you're going to make a serialised graphic novel of the Gospel?
>>
>>48304471
option 1 just kill them, history is written by the victors and it won't matter what they believed.

option 2 poison their food, the reason why poison is considered dishonourable is that any chump can put arsenic in your food. thus you disprove them and kill them.
>>
>>48304832
>Unless you provide him with a satisfying answer, your options are being a monster or being a hypocrite.
No anon, me not adhering to the dumbass ideology of his which justifies what I do to him doesn't make me a hypocrite or monster, it makes him a dumbass.
>>
>>48305077
Actually, treat them like vermin and they're probably gonna feed you your liver.
>>
>>48304934
Hopefully never, AgK was bad.
>>
>>48304471
>You're that scared of dying, aren't you? Fine. You won't die.

I then paralyze him and walk away.
>>
File: 814206047_2019824.gif (150 KB, 245x320) Image search: [Google]
814206047_2019824.gif
150 KB, 245x320
It is worse for the slave to be enslaved because his life is centered around pleasing his master, and his own will hardly comes into it. It is worse for the master to be a master because he has to dedicate a good portion of his life to the subjugation of his slaves.

I will not be either, and I will not tolerate systems or traditions that legitimize my placement into either of these categories. Anyone who claims to be a king, or who accepts a subservient position, is thereby my enemy.

Have at you, spook!
>>
File: 1420950100831.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1420950100831.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>48305193
Edgedeath a cute though, she deserves a doujin or two.
>>
>>48304471
"Well, you're not wrong, but if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't have so many people trying to kill you and you'd still be the unchallenged ruler of the land. Philosophy is great and all, but you have to think past the first catchphrase order for it to be useful."
>>
>>48304471
I agree with him, but explain that strength is not only MUSCLESMANLINESS, but also wits, leadership, and luck.
AND THEN I RIP AND TEAR HIS GUTS
>>
>>48304471
"So fucking what? You're still under arrest for treason, muder and conspiracy."
>>
>>48305238
is this the correct way to chaotic neutral?
>>
>>48305251
If the whole party is in, it's A way to chaotic neutral. If it's just the one player, it's likely to ruin everyone's enjoyment, so it's not a good way to do it in that case.
>>
>>48305250
Same guy gaah slippery fingers

"You have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law, you have the right to an attourney, if you cannot afford an attourney, one will be provided for you, do you understand your rights as I have stated them?"
>>
>>48304471

Kill him, or do the standard superhero thing and capture him for a fair trial. I don't actually care whether he's smug or not as he dies, I care about making him stop doing [whatever evil shit is causing me to want to kill him.]

Then make sure whoever takes over next (possibly me) doesn't go around cruelly oppressing the peasants.
>>
>>48304471

Polymorph into a bunny and keep him as a pet.
>>
File: GeneralWoundwort.jpg (21 KB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
GeneralWoundwort.jpg
21 KB, 300x266
>>48305360
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
>>
>>48305360
How is turning into a bunny going to help you?
>>
>>48305171
>any chump can put arsenic in your food

Not any chump.

Poison doesn't actually work that way.
>>
>>48304471
Is there some kind of moral ambiguous answer I'm not getting here?

Why would anyone not just kill the villain?

In before >hurr durr you're proving him right

I'm really not unless immediately after killing him the party starts killing everything else and become rulers of the land through brute force alone.
>>
>>48304471
Chop his head off. Philosophical bullshit doesn't grant a bonus to armor class.
>>
100 years gulag. Teach him that we are all equally strong with the labors of our comrades
>>
>>48305421
>Philosophical bullshit doesn't grant a bonus to armor class.
You just gave me a GREAT idea for an RPG system.
>>
>>48305431
Platonic Idealism: Modern Warfare?
>>
>>48304832
>Kill him
>Free all the weak people
>B-but you're still a monster for proving him right!

Dumb weebposter
>>
>>48305440
Postmodern Warfare
>>
>>48305450
That sounds like the complete opposite of what he means.
>>
File: 1443721831970.gif (395 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1443721831970.gif
395 KB, 200x150
>>48305450
>>
>>48305450
I'd say Platonic Idealism: Theoretical Warfare. That way you stick to one school of thought, make a decent CoD reference, and take a jab at armchair warriors.
>>
>>48305450
https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/levels-in-call-of-duty-postmodern-warfare

You mean this?
>>
Just because you're correct doesn't mean you are right!
The line between stupidity and justice is paper thin.
>>
>>48305456
Depends. You could explain the same magic both ways.

>tapping into Platonic ideals to alter the world
or
>the world physically shifting to match your views rather than just experientially
>>
>>48305512
That shit is trippy as hell but what makes it postmodern? People throw that word around without even knowing what it means.
>>
>>48305440
>>48305450
Dadaist Warfare: Expressionist Engagement
>>
File: 1468515405002.jpg (91 KB, 827x565) Image search: [Google]
1468515405002.jpg
91 KB, 827x565
>>48304471
>Commencing Force

Prepare yourself for unlimited argument works.
>>
>>48305692
Stop using terms you don't know you don't know the meaning of.
>>
>>48304471

Agree with him and then depose him and rule the weak instead.
>>
>>48305728
Call of Solopsism: Nautical Know-Nothings.
>>
Fuck that guy, I'm not here to prove him anything, I'm here because I have a job to do
>>
>>48305402

He has to clean out my poop and pet me, and yet clearly I am the weaker of the two.
>>
>>48304471

Girdle and the subsequent -4 STR.
>>
>>48305752
Stop it! Stop it right now!
>>
>>48304471

I'm a Rule Utilitarian so I don't give a shit what he thinks. If there's an imminent threat I'm responding to it with force. Other than that he's free to spout a Philosophy 097 understanding of Nietzsche all he wants.
>>
>>48304471
"Bla bla bla- Oh do shut up. I've had enough of pseudo-intellectual assholes likes you to last a fucking lifetime. Strong, weak, everything ultimately changes and the cycle turns according to a greater cosmic law. You're not the solution; just another step on the path, just like every power-grabbing warlord and holier-than-thou autocrat and corrupt politician that's come before you. You're symptoms of an eternal sickness and I lost interest in hearing the same drabble about three years ago."

>Post-apocalyptic raider that rook some mentats and realised the world was trapped in a bullshit cycle of destruction he's now seeking to break
>Whether he's a prophet or a madman remains to be seen...
>>
>>48305752

Call of Structuralism: Aerial Parking
>>
Sounds like the BBEG is a little fucker who wants to return to the state of nature.

I summon the great Leviathan called a Common-Wealth or State.
>>
>>48304680
Leadership is also strength desu
>>
>>48304552
Woah, who broke Deadpool? :O
>>
>>48305408
Ah yes, I forgot real life had level requirements for poison use. All deadly poisons require powerful people to use them for them to be effective.
>>
Put him back to sleep because he has school tomorrow.
>>
>>48304471
You agree, then rape and murder them.

This is like The Joker. "I can kill everybody I want, but you can't kill me or you prove my point that everybody is just waiting to become crazy."

So prove their point. They won't feel a thing.
>>
>>48306327
Poison in real life isn't the "lel I'll poison his food and then he'll keel over and die :^)" kind.
>>
>>48304926
I for one welcome King Tiger. Long may he reign.
>>
>>48306327
Do you have the skill to properly handle Amanita phalloides?

Do you possess the knowledge to brew powerful nerve agents?

Do you have the dexterity to take venom from a snake?

Do you have the care to extract venom from the back of a jittery frog?

Do you have the skill to do all this, and not be poisoned yourself?

And then, and then! Do you possess the sneakiness, knowhow, and delivery method to somehow get the bad guy to take it?
>>
>>48306398
If it doesn't, you're clearly using the wrong poisons. Potassium cyanide for example will kill the victim quickly and fairly reliably.
>>
>>48306398
Polonium kinda is.
>>
>>48306486
"King Tiger's reign only lasted a decade until his (natural) death, and while his reign was marred by a sharp decrease in women's rights, his nation experienced an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity because who elects a fucking tiger crazy people that's who. Policies including the "infinity food for me (and everybody else I guess?) act" and the "RAWRARAGAHARGH peace accord" can be read about by inquiring minds at his memorial-obelisk-and-theme-park."
>>
File: 228492.jpg (9 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
228492.jpg
9 KB, 600x600
>>48306490
Nah brah, the only poison you need is iron. Think about it:

>Is solid at room temperature, easy to carry on your person
>Is a reasonably common substance, unlikely to rouse suspicion
>Works instantly if applied to any major artery, such as the jugular, or to major organs such as the brain, heart or lungs
>Can be fashioned into weaponry to disguise its nature

The king thinks you're just holding a regular knife, then you stab him with it, and be all like SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER, IT'S POISONED! POISONED WITH IRON!
>>
Stab him over and over while yelling IMPLYING YOU CAN DERIVE OUGHT FROM IS to punctuate each stab.
>>
>>48306276
Nah, he's one of those faggots who've misunderstood "survival of the fittest" as meaning "the fittest should be the ones allowed to survive" instead of "those genes that aren't passed on as often are on average less suitable to their environment but not in most cases because shit happens and we're dealing with geological time perspectives here".
>>
>>48306619
The best nerve poison is the one that severs the bone as well.
>>
>>48304471
Why would my character care about someone's philosophical views?
If he needs to die, he will die, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>48306490
>Do you have the care to extract venom from the back of a jittery frog?
This isn't actually very hard.
>>
>>48304951
Depends on how dedicated they are to this philosophy. If it was a western villain, they'd break down when they're faced with being the lowest denominator. If it was a weeb villain, they'd probably orgasm over it.
>>
File: armstrong.jpg (175 KB, 1280x670) Image search: [Google]
armstrong.jpg
175 KB, 1280x670
>>48306391
>at least I'll leave a worthy successor
>>
>>48306315
>Woah, who broke Deadpool? :O
This is an 18+ website.
>>
>>48304471

Kill him, take his stuff. Preferably before he even gets a chance to launch into his boring tirade. I'm part of a band of murderous hobos not wandering philosophers.
>>
>>48305174
Underrated post
>>
>>48304873
I disagree with his general point, but it isn't going to change my actions.

This is why you don't become a Saturday morning cartoon villain, kids. Even people who disagree with you both agree you have to go down.
>>
>>48304471
>"Having the ability to do something doesn't imply that doing it is justified. That's just basic morality, man, but I guess you have your head so far up your ass you can't figure that out."
>"Now stand still so I can kill you and put an end to this garbage."
>>
>>48304471
Kill him anyway. I can accept some cringey teenage fagbaron thinking his strength gives him the right to rule the weak, my problem is how he's ruling.

Ideals mean nothing if your methods and results aren't doing anyone else any good.
>>
>>48308823
Besides, 9 times out of 10 these bitches abandon their philosophy the moment someone stronger actually shows up.
>>
>>48308868
Funny how that works out, huh?
I'd actually like to see a villain step down after finding out he's bested and willingly serving their new master. I'm sure it exists in fiction, but I'm not sure where.
>>
>>48305152
Not unless there was an powerfully murderhobo knight that was defeated by a weak kobold being weak in the gospel.
I haven't exactly read it recently.
>>
>>48305174
>No anon, me not adhering to the dumbass ideology of his which justifies what I do to him doesn't make me a hypocrite or monster, it makes him a dumbass
This.

>"Never let a scoundrel dictate the rules of honor to you."
-Kurt Wagner
>>
>>48308896
A man chooses, a slave obeys.
>>
>>48306797
Tell me why weak genes should be allowed to survive though? Clearly there must be some kind of reason to NOT keep inferior genetic material out of our breeding, since you seem to advocate that.
>>
>>48304471
Inform him that I really, really don't give much of a damn about ideological victories.

And he won't either, when break his kneecaps and elbows and toss him to the masses of people he's been abusing and oppressing for the last few years.
>>
>>48309126
The level of authoritarianism necessary to make it happen. Also, generally large numbers of genes are connected such that the smartest person may also be the most prone to cancer and so on.

It's really, really fucking difficult (if not impossible) to actually breed a species that's more fit for its environment than it would become over time anyway.

Now, if you add in genetic engineering, you may have a shot at it, but then you get back to the beginning bit about the kind of totalitarian shitheap you'd have to be to make it work.
>>
>>48309169
>we cant do it because its complicated

Not if youre not a pussy who revels in mediocrity.
>>
>>48309208
Without genetic engineering, it may literally be impossible. Read a book and come back to me, you teenage edgelord wannabe geneticist.
>>
>>48309126

That's the thing of it. Survive WHAT? Weak at WHAT?

No gene is weak or strong in a vacuum, it's purely a question of whether you flourish in a given environment or don't.

If I put a mammoth in the Sahara, its genes are weak. If I put it on the tundra, its genes are strong. All genes are weak in the face of a meteor impact.

If you want to call a gene strong, you have to pick a scenario, and at that point you're not doing science, you're just advocating that society should be a certain way. And if society is that way, then the genes that flourish under those conditions will do so, and the ones that flounder will do so, so there's no need for you to "purge" the gene pool in any case.
>>
>>48307516
The problem is only underage teenagers read Deadpool
>>
>>48304471
>"Well, I'm a scrawny, slightly-overweight coward and there's only two reasons I'm here. One, the party wouldn't take 'no' for an answer and have been kind of dragging me around this whole time. Two? In the time I've spent basically peeing myself at the sight of you, the magic dragon blood in my veins has allowed me to sunder the ceiling above you with a silent work of magecraft."

>"Strength doesn't rule the world. Those lucky enough to be born right do."

Sorcerers, not even once.
>>
"Whatever, fag."

Proceed to beat him to death.
>>
Rolled 2, 6 + 4 = 12 (2d6 + 4)

>>48304471
>19 Strength Paladin
>Joke's on you, I am the stronk one

I hit him with my maul.
>>
Rolled 1 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

>>48309931
Whoops, rolled damage by accident
>>
>>48309950
>critical miss

Welp.
>>
>>48304471
Beat him up until he sees me as his rightful overlord.
Promise to let him keep his kingdom if he acknowledges me as emperor.
Threaten to unleash him on other kingdoms if they don't bow to me.
Kill all monarchs, turn empire into personal territory. Start dynasty.
>>
>>48304869
Hypocrisy is the only way to live, anything else is madness.
>>
>>48304913
Disregard the constabulary!
>>
>>48304832
see
>>48306669
>>
>>48304471
Beat him to death with a copy of Beyond Good And Evil while explaining what it actually means.
>>
>>48306276
>Sounds like the BBEG is a little fucker who wants to return to the state of nature.
Hate to break it to you, but Hobbes' Leviathan is exactly the kind of person (or group of people) who believes in imposing his will because he's the strongest, and Hobbes believes that's fine because not having that guy around is worse than having that guy around.

>>48306669
I like you.
>>
Just kill him the same as any other villain. Have the new tax law reflect your beliefs instead of being a tool and getting tricked into sparing the violent psychotic fucker to prove how good you are
>>48304832
Consistency is a good quality, but not if it's consistently being a dick.
>>
>>48304832
Morality is merely a construct of logic. Only sweet loot has any tangible value or meaning in this world
>>
>>48304471
Tie him up, then let him be beaten to death by a bunch of cripples and elderly.
>>
>>48308896
Warhammer Fantasy had Chrom bow down to Archeon and become his herald.
>>
File: 1319343067633.jpg (13 KB, 362x398) Image search: [Google]
1319343067633.jpg
13 KB, 362x398
>mfw heaven and hell are real in this campaign so no matter how weak I am I'm going to heaven and getting 72 virgins while he gets to be assraped by a fiery demon for eternity
>mfw unlike in real life, in fantasy games, gods are real
>>
>>48304471
Kill him. If it was an enemy an they said feel free to strike me down then my autism-chan street sam wouldn't even consider the proving his point thing. She was a fucking terminator.
>>
>>48304471
The flaw is in the for sentence
>The strong should rule
No, the strong CAN rule. They can also choose not to waste their time with vanity and be cool adventurers who have fun and gain levels and more power instead.
>>
>>48304471
Befriend him and show him the value of friendship over strength.
duh
>>
>>48304471
>ye olde "if you kill them you're just as bad as them" argument

What is this a JRPG?
>>
>>48313647
>not absorbing the fallen foes' soul shards to be come just like them and more
It's like you don't even want to become everything-ever-at-once, the ultimate being.
>>
>>48313186
>mfw I realize that the majority of 4chan would be more likely to get into Old Testament Heaven than actual Christians are.
>>
>>48314137
You mean because they've remained sexually pure?
>>
>>48304471
>Someone like you, who tramples on the hopes and dreams of others, could never understand the power of love and justice!
>Believe what you like, but if you will not see the light of truth then I, Brilliant Justice, Rainbow Valkyrie, have no choice but to end your tyrrany!
>>
>>48314137
>the majority of 4chan
>old testament god's chosen people, the israelites

You get a few on /pol/ sure but it's no majority.
>>
>>48304471
The only way to defeat him is by luck then.
>>
>>48305812
I fucking died. This is genius.
>>
>>48304766

Why does death contribute to a proof? It accumulates evidence, and the validity of that evidence towards a theory can be compelling, but it can be ultimately overwritten or shown instead to serve another example should a competing theory prove more correct.

No amount of corpses will solve a proof, and theory itself can be rewritten. Him dying provides compelling evidence for his own mortality. And even if his proof is correct, it can serve ends he did not intend. Maybe Noblesse Oblige as >>48304733 says provided the strength to defeat him, proving that the strong to rule the weak but with the caveat that the stronger in this case was made stronger through the strength of a collective purpose and mutual objective of a people united rather than oppressed.

Point is he doesn't know how to solve for proofs, he just thinks language works like math if you bend enough logic, and that truth can be defined from a singular datapoint. He hasn't established a trend, but simply an instance and an instance does not equal a trend. Even if his conclusion is correct, he has only proven it in a singular specific instance and nowhere else. If anything, you've proven that immunity to bullshit is stronger than bullshit.

So, yeah, the answer is murder, an answer that does not effectively prove his theory and even if it does does so only in this instance.
>>
>>48306669
kek
>>
>>48304482
First post best post

Literally just murder him. I'm alive, he's dead. I can be strong and not be a dick.
>>
>>48314137
What makes you say that, tumblr gif?
>>
>>48304471
>He's on the ground, both of his legs have been chopped off
>He smiles and rants on some bullshit train of middle-school philosophy about Strength and Weakness

>I lean up close to him, very close
>Look him dead in the eyes
>Open my mouth and scream in his face for a good minute. Just 60 seconds of a continuous, ear-shattering cry
>Stab him in the heart
>>
>>48304832
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaa
No
>>
>>48304471
>my philosophy is correct because I have made it sufficiently vague enough to cover any interpretation I want

I say, in a mocking facsimile of his voice, "Ah, but is not weakness a strength, for weak, the adjective, sounds like week, the measurement of time, and "strong" doesn't sound like any measurement of time, thus the weak have the passage of time on their side, and time heals all wounds!"
>>
File: 1241314932972.jpg (37 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1241314932972.jpg
37 KB, 429x410
>"I'll teleport behind him and gut him while uttering a cool kid one-liner!"
>Implying I did not just summarize the vast, vast majority of this thread

ITT: Why /tg/ is nothing but garbage-tier players, no better than roll20 or gitp.
>>
>>48316065
yes, yes, good job
now you can go away
>>
>>48304471
>Good, bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
>>
>>48316082

He's right though. Honestly, half the posts in this thread are as cringy as the original premise.
>>
>>48314465
Lol magical girl
>>
>>48304471
Kill him. Or if you want to make his point look wrong get a retarded cripple to overthrow him.
>>
>>48304471
You talk too much. I'm gonna cast Silence on you now, because if I turned you into an animal, you'd find a way to keep making noise.

Or:

"Feel free to strike me down-"
"Well, if you insist..."
>>
>>48316065
>>48316112
Well at least (you) can always count on yourself.
>>
>>48304471

The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing.
>>
>>48304471
Goad him into trying to fight nature somehow, then laugh as he dies trying to punch a tornado.
>>
>>48309669
>being a mage
>>
>The strong should

SWORDGUTS!
>>
File: Zizek.jpg (22 KB, 255x364) Image search: [Google]
Zizek.jpg
22 KB, 255x364
>"But do you not see, Dark Lord Anon-Kun? You are ruled by the ideology of strength over all. It so defines you that you cannot see any means of your own disposal as anything but strength. You are a slave to ideology."
>"Your only hope is to rise up against and cast down your own philosophy, or else you shall be forever a prisoner of poorly understood Social Darwinism."
>"Strike me down? You only prove your servitude to ideology, and your own weakness, for you cannot conceive of a world in which you could be free of it."

His move.
>>
>>48321742
LOL good answer.
>>
>>48304471
>"The strong should rule over the fates of the weak."
Citation needed, my friendo.

The strong RULE over the weak - that cannot be doubted. They selfishly take power into their own hands and instill their own will onto weak.
But whether they SHOULD RULE - ah, that is the question.

There is no such thing as "being entitled". Entitlement is nothing more than a tacit agreement between all parties involved that you are "entitled" to something.
A gentlemen's agreement, if I say so.

And you are no gentleman, my friend.
>>
>literally having a legion of minions manning the stations of a space battleship I use to get around in
I oblige him by telling my "weakest of followers" to warm up the laser cannons
>>
>>48321742
>"But do you not see, Dark Lord Anon-Kun? You are ruled by the ideology of strength over all. It so defines you that you cannot see any means of your own disposal as anything but strength. You are a slave to ideology."
Boo. Fucking. Hoo.
>>
>>48322631
It matters just as much as "If you strike me down, you'll be like me!"
>>
>>48322615
>>48322615
You missed one of the lines of greentext.
>>
>>48322737
Everyone's a slave to their own ideology, stop vomitting this verbal diarrhea up like it's something profound.
>>
>>48322772
That applies just as much to the OP. That's the fucking point you fun-fearing queer, it's answering like with like.
>>
>>48322752
Doesn't matter. He's dead. So is his point, given I expressly don't use my strength to rule, but to support those that have earned the right by the approval of their peers.
If it makes you feel any better I could explain this to him before ordering the bombardment.
>>
>>48322801
Except that the OP has some level of intellectual worth to it.
>>
>>48322808
The problem isn't that your solution doesn't work. It's that it's so obvious and boring that there was no point in posting it.
>>
File: Putin in a clown suit.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Putin in a clown suit.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>48322823
This is what poorly written cartoon villains really believe.
>>
>>48304471
If he's aristocracy, royalty, a magic user or associated in any way with magic, he would kill him. If not, he'd probably ignore him.
>>
>>48304471
What the fuck is your point, mate?
The weak are inherently incapable of rling over the strong, THAT'S WHAT DEFINES THEM AS "WEAK".
>>
File: yu gives zero fucks.gif (860 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
yu gives zero fucks.gif
860 KB, 300x168
>>48322841
Tough shit, OP asked what my character does and that's the most likely reaction.
>>
>>48304471
"I don't care what you believe, I care what you've done."

Just kill him. Have him ripped apart by wild dogs if we have to. If the strong should rule over the weak, that doesn't mean they should rule an empire under duress.
>>
>>48304471
"I don't care about your childish philosophy. You hurt people I like. And that is why I'm going to make you suffer."

Proceed to beatdown phase.
>>
File: 1276998761613.jpg (86 KB, 600x891) Image search: [Google]
1276998761613.jpg
86 KB, 600x891
>>48304471
> Agree
> Kill him
> Rule as a just king in his stead
>>
File: nyeh.png (78 KB, 198x257) Image search: [Google]
nyeh.png
78 KB, 198x257
>implying my character cares about the philosophical ramifications of Good Rule, Bad Rule
>implying disposing of the campaign's antagonists isn't a personal matter
>>
>>48304471
I totally agree.

But I'm going to slap his shit 'cause I'm stronger and I don't have time to do things nicely. I AM that villain, just with a modicum of honor and civility to back that up.
>>
>>48322772

It doesn't need to be profound. It just needs to be more smug and sophistry-laden than the villain's argument.
>>
File: 1446678302333.gif (2 MB, 400x419) Image search: [Google]
1446678302333.gif
2 MB, 400x419
>>48304471
kill him, who cares if you prove him right, he was a dick and now the world can go on like normal
>>
File: disgusting to say the least.jpg (47 KB, 317x310) Image search: [Google]
disgusting to say the least.jpg
47 KB, 317x310
>>48323741
>acting like an aristocratic fuckface who considers his useless education in philosophy to be the apex of enlightenment to one up a snobby villain
>>
>>48304471
Do it by the book. Arrest him, do the paperwork, give him a fair trial and then hang the rotten bastard.

I'm not the least bit interested in proving or disproving his point, I'm interested in doing the right thing, the right way.
>>
File: CSQb-ZdWcAAMQv3.jpg (181 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
CSQb-ZdWcAAMQv3.jpg
181 KB, 600x857
>>48304471
Midway through his speech kick him in the nuts and beat him with a mace, and as he screams shout "Where's that middle school darwinian horseshit now!?"
>>
>>48304471
Say that Nietzsche was an autist and fight him. If I win, I am proving myself right by his own logic.
>>
>>48304471
Kill him, obviously.
He forgot the universal rule; "nobody cares what loosers and dead people think." When I kill him he will both be a looser AND a dead person.
All I need do is never tell anyone about what he said or what he thought and everyone will remember him only for what he did rather then his motives, because nobody ever gives a flying fuck about your super special secret "inner feelings" motivations, they only care about what you actually DID.

I can prove him wrong simply be removing him from the playing board and treating him as the two dimensional charicature he made of himself and it'll work because human beings LOVE two dimensional charicatures when it comes to rulers and heroes because it makes them easier to quantify.
>>
The plethora of logical answers on this thread gives me hope for /tg/.
OP seems to think that poorly written shit you see in manga trying to artificially insert "depth" as the villain dies where his words somehow emotionally and mentally paralyze the hero after being said to them is somehow something anyone anywhere would actually do, even IN Japan.

Shitty Nitzche as espoused by someone who never read any of it is never enlightening or shocking.
Mostly it's just revealing of how pathetically uneducated the person is.
>>
get a nigger to fuck his wife in front of him
>>
>>48304471
Beat him until he is barely alive and say "No. Those who are right are strong" then teleport behind him and iai him with my katakana while citing my favorite philosophical animes, Naruto.
>>
>>48304471

"So your lofty speech, in synthesis, could be summarized with "lol social darwinism". You poor, uneducated soul. I bet you masturbate on The Leviathan every night before sleep."

> I cast Dominate Person and force him to work for a mentally disabled tetraplegic. Just for laughs.
>>
>>48304471
Kill him, but acknowledge that while he may be right on some level, that doesn't mean he gets to be a dick.
>>
>>48324553
But annon what if there are like a few hundred people watching your fight?
>>
>>48324244
Okay, okay, I'll do it the regular way.

>I hit him really hard and say "Shut up, fag!" That'll show him.
>>
>>48304471
I give him a piece of paper.
It reads "I've prepared Explosive Runes today".
>>
>>48325433
Thank you.
>>
>>48324717
>OP seems to think that poorly written shit you see in manga trying to artificially insert "depth" as the villain dies where his words somehow emotionally and mentally paralyze the hero after being said to them is somehow something anyone anywhere would actually do, even IN Japan.
I think you're missing the part where OP conveyed his own tone of smug superiority to what he acknowledged as a "generic" villain, both by describing the villain in the first place as generic and then literally posting it alongside smug anime.

Also, there's nothing really there that ties the statements in OP to Nietzsche, so in order to claim that it's shitty Nietzsche I think you'd have to claim that it's Nietzsche first. He wasn't the only guy whose beliefs could be misunderstood as "strength to rule = right to rule," which you would know had you read the thread.
You even misspelled Nietzsche. Embarassing post desu.
>>
>>48305812
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice
>>
>>48314137
what?
>>
>>48322823
This is what retards actually believe
>>
>>48304471
Infiltrate his ranks, overthrow him in a military coup, and write the universe's equivalent of the Magna Carta.
>>
File: 1466400991649.jpg (102 KB, 718x718) Image search: [Google]
1466400991649.jpg
102 KB, 718x718
>>48324553
>"looser"
>twice

We all know who the real loser is.
>>
>>48304471
>Flawed premise! 'Can' =/= 'Should'!
>Worse yet, for all your strength you are weak! Only a fool could reach the conclusion you lived on, and you let your weakness blind you to the truth! STRENGTH IS NOT MEASURED IN MUSCLE OR MAGIC, TRUE STRENGTH IS GUARDING THE WEAK! TRUE STRENGTH IS PROTECTING THOSE WHO CANNOT PROTECT THEMSELVES!
>>
>>48304471
Strength is the ability to follow your will, you want to rule, and I want to kill you, let's see who's stronger!
>>
>>48305421
It does in Exalted.

(Yes really, you can replace your physical defence stats with your (easily made higher) self-assured-cockyness-based mental/social defence stat.)
>>
>>48304471
Well, he's not there to debate, he's there to fight.
He is not interested in the words of my enemy.
>>
>>48308896
Yeah it's really rare. I've seen it about once in about one chinese xianxia novel, Sovereign of Three Realms recently.

>typical o high and mighty genius disciple of a high and mighty school fool of geniuses
>gets called in to a competition to solve a problem
>boasts for miles, lets others try first
>they fail
>he tries; and fails too
>unlike others admitting defeat, starts trying to bullshit
>MC calls him out on it
>guy doubles down on arrogant boasting
>MC solves the problem
>guy angrily leaves

Now, expected outcome: guy decides to remove the source of dishonor and starts a feud trying to undermine and/or kill MC until getting completely shrekd.

Actual result
>in a month, he meets up with MC again
>admits that when he, from his position of strength, derided others, it is only fair for him to be derided by MC
>also that MC's words of proving your capabilities with your skills rather than boasting on your reputation even when you can't do anything are valid
>finally declares that when he in his boasting declared that if MC solves the problem he couldn't, he'll become MC's follower, he will not let it be empty boast and intends to follow on
>>
>>48314137
There isn't really an old testament heaven described in any detail. There isn't even really a new testament heaven either. The Christian dogma says that when you die you more or less cease to exist, but then the J-Dog will return you to life at the reckoning if you were a cool guy so that you can build the kingdom of heaven. The Jewish belief system seems to imply that those who die go to be with God, not much is said about whether this is contingent on them being good people though.

Hell is also not really mentioned as a place where people go, rather the truly wicked will also be resurrected at judgement day and cast into a lake of fire.
>>
>>48304471
Bullets.
Don't know what you were expecting me to say here.
>>
>>48304471
>"I see, but you forgot that in death we will all be equal."
>Proceed to shoot him in the head.
>later on when I am dead
>smug smile as we burn in hell
That will teach him!
>>
>>48304471

"You don't understand Nietzsche. I don't understand Nietzsche. Most of all, Nietzsche didn't understand Nietzsche."
Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.